GoshenGipper has left us all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoshenGipper has left us all.

At approximately 11PM, Tuesday, June 10th, Jimmy Scott, or as we knew him GoshenGipper, passed away in a tragic car accident in Goshen, Indiana.

Jimmy was a tremendous Notre Dame fan, dedicated moderator on our site, and a sincerely good guy. The IrishEnvy community owes a great deal to Jimmy's contributions over the years and he will be missed.

A viewing is being arranged for Monday, June 16th. The funeral is pending for Tuesday, June 17th. Please remember to keep his family in your thoughts and in your prayers.

Rest in peace, Jimmy Scott...and God Bless.

WOW.....R.i.P......

Comment

I remember the first time I met Jimmy selling him a pair of tickets to the Air Force game last season. I felt like a complete arse for having not just given him the tickets with the way that we played that game.

Jimmy was also one of the mods that stuck around after the site shake-up and helped rebuild this community out of his love for Notre Dame football. He spent countless hours restoring profiles, adding in recruiting tidbits, and cleaning up the site. IrishEnvy would not be what it is nor where it is today without his efforts.

GG, you will be missed my friend. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Pham View Post
        I remember the first time I met Jimmy selling him a pair of tickets to the Air Force game last season. I felt like a complete arse for having not just given him the tickets with the way that we played that game.

Jimmy was also one of the mods that stuck around after the site shake-up and helped rebuild this community out of his love for Notre Dame football. He spent countless hours restoring profiles, adding in recruiting tidbits, and cleaning up the site. IrishEnvy would not be what it is nor where it is today without his efforts.

Absolutely agree. He was an awesome guy and I'll miss him tremendously. RIP Brother...

Comment

GG is the reason I started to read Irish Envy posts on a regular basis. Every time I saw a new post from him I couldn't wait to read it. It's funny..you come to a site like this to read and find out info on your favorite team but as time passes you become involved. I never knew Jimmy Scott. I barely even knew GoshenGipper in comparison to many of you. But I respect and appreciate the time he devoted to Notre Dame and this online community. GG you will truly be missed.

Comment

Me and the wife met Jimmy at the Air Force game. We all hung around for a fair amount, and walked around campus. Super nice guy. I'm totally bummed. God bless him.
            Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

WOW....This is really sad...RIP

Comment

And my prayers and wishes with your family

This season's for Jimmy
                Last edited by notredomer23; 06-12-2008, 06:06 AM.

Comment

One good poster and very knowledgable about ND football. God bless his family...

Comment

God bless your family and rest in peace G.G.
                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

He will definatly be missed. His insight and perspective were one of my favorite parts of this site. RIP

Comment

What horribly sad news. God Bless to all of his family. What a great asset he was here at IE.

Comment

I did not know him well but my heart is sadden by the passing of my Irish bretheren. My condolences to all who knew him.

jn
                          jn

Comment

Wow I am at a loss for words. I never met him but i feel like i know him... He was a great poster and i'm sure an even better man. My prayers and with his family R.I.P GG.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishRamMan10 View Post
                              Wow I am at a loss for words. I never met him but i feel like i know him... He was a great poster and i'm sure an even better man. My prayers and with his family R.I.P GG.
                              My thoughts exactly. It seemed like whenever he posted, he would take the words right out of my mouth. His knowledge and insight will be dearly missed. My prayers are with his family and friends. This is another reminder just how precious life is. RIP GG.

Comment

So sad

That is terrible to hear, I will be praying for him, and his family.
                                My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

god rest his soul and bless his family.

Comment

Rest in peace Jimmy, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family

Comment

Goshen was one of my favorite posters. He was a horse racing fan and we had playful Cubs-Sox banter. He'll get his World Series in 4 months.
                                      Third cousins. For Italians. That's like twin brothers with the Irish.

Comment

What sad news. God be with you GG.
                                        "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

This is a terrible lose. I had a lot of good conversions with him about football and other "stuff". My prayers go out to his whole family

R.I.P.
                                          GoshenGipper the true Superman

Comment

R.I.P. Jimmy My thoughts and prayers will be with your love ones in this terrible time. You will be missed here at IE . God bless. And look forward to one day joining your ND site in heaven.

Comment

Holy shit! Wow...I don't know what to say. Man, he seemed like a good dude. Tragic. God, I'm sorry for his family. Having just gone through my own run-in with a drunk driver (flipped me over, ejected from the car but I escaped without any serious damage), I realize more and more how lucky I was.

RIP, Jimmy

EDIT: I see from the one website link that the girl who was in the car and airlifted to a trauma center, just died. Horrible. Prayers out to her family as well. RIP, Bethany.
                                              Last edited by NDgettysburg; 06-12-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Two tragedies...so sad. They were way too young to go.

Comment

Damnit, what a Bad couple of days first yesterday in my home town a good friend of mines daughter was shot in the back and killed by her deranged ex husband whom then committed suicide. I worked with her father for a couple years a while back and then I get on this morning and find out G.G. has passed away. THIS SUCKS!
                                                  Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

I am at a complete loss of words. I have been on this site for a little over a year now and i havent met anyone in person. However, he is one of the posters i looked to for good football info and a person that i could see myself meeting up with at a game and having a good time. My deepest sincerities go out to his family and may he rest in peace, with the exceptional outburst when Notre Dame plays poorly. Maybe where he's at, Notre Dame wins every game.

Comment

I'm still incredibly stunned.

Comment

The Green Candle // Pray // University of Notre Dame
                                                        http://www.goldhelmet.com

Comment

Man this hit hard... I didn't believe it was true at first and even tried calling him. Then I tried his myspace and remembered his dear friend and hit hers up and obviously something big has happened... it's filled with prayers and such about a major loss.

Jimmy was a big part of IE and was one of the few posters I knew only to the internet that I considered a friend. I know his faith was strong and he seemed by all accounts to be a great person. My prayers are with him.
                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I'm still incredibly stunned.
                                                            Ditto. Still kinda jacked up and I don't even know the guy personally but through IE.

Comment

Rest in peace GG.

Another reason to tell your loved ones that you love them everyday. You never know when its your time to go.

Comment

Little Gipper Says

My Uncle will be missed by all of us.

Long live GoshenGipper, the greastest uncle.
                                                                R.I.P.
                                                                Rest in peace GG

Comment

Originally posted by Little Gipper View Post

R.I.P.
                                                                  Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Comment

R.I.P.
                                                                    My prayers will be for you and your family.

God Bless...

Comment

Words can't explain how I feel right now. I could only pray for the families of GG and his female friend. May they both rest in peace.

Comment

this blows...

Comment

R.I.P.
                                                                          He was a great guy. I have loved chatting with him over the past couple of years.

Comment

R.I.P.
                                                                            Originally posted by LOVEMYIRISH View Post
                                                                            He was a great guy. I have loved chatting with him over the past couple of years.
                                                                            Yeah GG was indeed a great guy. Very few of us ever met him in person and look at the impact he had on all of us... he'll be missed for sure. He always spoke very highly of you in PM LG... he obviously loved you very much.
                                                                            Last edited by ACamp1900; 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM.
                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              GG - You will be greatly missed my friend........

I am really saddened by this, this is just fucked up news. He was a good man, a great poster and a friend even though i never met him.

My condolences to his family and friends and the same to the girls family and friends.

There are no words to express how unfair life is ...............and how precious it is

Comment

• #40

R.I.P.
                                                                                GG was the primary reason I grew to love this site. I am truly saddened by his passing. God Bless and my sympathies to you and GG's family in this tragic hour.

Comment

• #41

R.I.P.
                                                                                  God Bless you and your family young man. Your Uncle was definetly loved by all who knew him as GoshenGipper. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for ever. Please tell the family that he will be missed beyond what any words can describe. Hope you will also continue to share your thoughts about ND on this site. Stay strong and God Bless you and your family.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    "Some time, Rock, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys - tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy."- Knute Rockne: All American.
                                                                                    Last edited by Echo Insomnia; 06-12-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      WTF WTF WTF????? This sucks. Prayers for him and his family.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by daytonirish View Post
                                                                                        God Bless you and your family young man. Your Uncle was definetly loved by all who knew him as GoshenGipper. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for ever. Please tell the family that he will be missed beyond what any words can describe. Hope you will also continue to share your thoughts about ND on this site. Stay strong and God Bless you and your family.

I couldn't have said it better Dayton
                                                                                        GoshenGipper the true Superman

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I 'm deeply sad to hear about G.G. passing. I was looking at the gifts I received from G.G. A ring on my wedding day and a cake on my birthday. Need I have to say more about the man. Rest in Peace G.G. Tell Knute I say Hi.
                                                                                          Last edited by onenybrother; 06-12-2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            He will be missed...

THegraNDscheme said it best in his message in this
                                                                                            thread. GoshenGipper was a class act...Tom

<FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="4"><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0080C0">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99">r</FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99"></FONT><FONT COLOR="#FFCC99"></FONT></FONT>
                                                                                            Easton Pa ND Fan

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              i am just so very sad about this. GG was only a few years older than my oldest son.

I will light a candle after mass this Sunday for Jimmy and his family. God Bless.

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life (John 8:12)
                                                                                              "So suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can" John Mellencamp

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                you will be missed gg. may god look after you and you live in his house now. we shall never forget you.
                                                                                                irish by choice-nasty by nature

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  It sounds like he has touched many lives in one way or another. For all that have known him through this site and personally, remember all the good times that you shared to help in this time of sorrow. May he not be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers go out with his friends and family.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    My prayers go out to all the friends and family of GG. This site will not be the same without him.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X