X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonofOahu
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    The mods heard through the grapevine that IE was being put up for sale... and with consideration to the suggestions, complaints and ideas that we have heard here over the past couple of years, a group of us decided to buy in and take ownership.

The new ownership group:
    • Whiskeyjack
    • IrishLax
    • Clashmore_Mike
    • BeauBenken
    • Luckylucci
    • Cackalacky
    • IrishLion

We plan on undertaking a few projects once we've got our feet under us, including updating the vBulletin software, increasing our visibility to the ND internet community, and (most importantly) maintaining and growing the awesome community that all of our users have had a hand in building here at IE.

There may be a couple short periods of outages soon, such as when the website is officially switched over to us. This will occur in the next couple of days, and there is currently an unspecified time frame for transitioning the site, copying files, etc. There will likely be another outage at some point when we update the vBulletin software, which we will try to announce ahead of time.

We wanted to make you all aware of the changes should you try to access the website and see that it's not available. If this is the case, we are likely working on transitioning the site's files or upgrading the software. Please be patient if the site is not working or loading when you try to log in, and bear with us while we iron out all the kinks. Any outages should not be overly long.

HOWEVER, in the event of an extended period of outage, perhaps check the new Irish Envy Twitter page to see what's going on (we currently have 2 [two] followers, so help us grow the account!). We will use it to inform our users of updates/changes/outages etc., but also to share topics and discussions from the site, and to interact with ND football internet in general.

You can also be on the lookout for a GoFundMe in the future... many of you expressed interest in contributing financially to the website if it meant things would not only continue to run, but improve. We hope to keep our momentum going regardless, but any financial assistance that you all feel generous enough to offer would help us immensely when added to our initial investment.

We will use this thread to keep the community updated of any other planned changes, issues, scheduled outages, etc., and you all can likewise use it to communicate with us regarding general website issues, questions and concerns.

Our ownership group consists of moderators, obviously... but we are guys that love to talk about ND football first and foremost, so we are invested in making sure IE is taken care of, regardless of our roles with the site. We want this place to grow and thrive, and we want all of our visitors to see how awesome our community is.

Now send us any and all potential bribe offers ASAP, as we can't confuse bribes with any potential GoFundMe funds in the future... so if you want someone banned, now is the time to see if you can turn Whiskeyjack corrupt.

(Seriously, though, we're really excited about this, and we hope you are, too.)
    I can't wait for Lax to break out the "Yeah, well I do own this place!" in an argument.

Leave a comment:

• DONTH8
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

You're spot on, and it turns out that for like ~2 years it was hit or miss (mostly miss) whether someone could even register a new account and get a registration email. Going through the new user accounts that were lost to the void, it looks like it included some recruit parents and other interesting folks. After our site stabilization is complete (and we're getting closer by the day), the next Tier 1 fix is going to be to new user signups so that people actually get registration emails consistently.

Then it's on to the aesthetics and bells + whistles.
    Is the gentlemen's club a bell or a whistle?

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
    Just a thought for our new overlords:

I have no clue how much this would help the backend of the site, but I am assuming the IE member list is a pretty massive database that takes up a good chunk of storage/bandwidth. Considering the site went through a phase where there was about 1000 spam sign ups/day is there an way to remove these users and in turn free up that bandwidth? Or maybe my web dev assumptions are wrong and they have no effect on this.
    You're spot on, and it turns out that for like ~2 years it was hit or miss (mostly miss) whether someone could even register a new account and get a registration email. Going through the new user accounts that were lost to the void, it looks like it included some recruit parents and other interesting folks. After our site stabilization is complete (and we're getting closer by the day), the next Tier 1 fix is going to be to new user signups so that people actually get registration emails consistently.

Then it's on to the aesthetics and bells + whistles.

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied

I have no clue how much this would help the backend of the site, but I am assuming the IE member list is a pretty massive database that takes up a good chunk of storage/bandwidth. Considering the site went through a phase where there was about 1000 spam sign ups/day is there an way to remove these users and in turn free up that bandwidth? Or maybe my web dev assumptions are wrong and they have no effect on this.

I've already pruned about 10,000 of these. I think as of last night there are just under 60,000 left. These are all hanging in a "waiting for email certification" queue that includes real users as well.

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though I'm subscribed to individual threatds.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    If for some reason you are subscribed to an entire forum, you'll be notified anytime a thread within that forum is replied to. I'm just trying to narrow it down as to what is potentially causing it. The mass unsubscribe ability was removed in vb5 unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Unless I'm missing something, it appears as though I'm subscribed to individual threatds.

I had like 1,500 subscriptions. It took me about 15 minutes to clear them. Actually took far less time than what I originally thought.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Can you tell me if you are subscribed to any entire forums/channels?

Leave a comment:

• clashmore_mike
    replied
    Sorry if I missed it, but is there a mass unsubscribe option? Looks like the new site has me subscribed to every thread since the dawn of time.
    Can you tell me if you are subscribed to any entire forums/channels?

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

We're in the process of checking that out.
    ACK, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Sorry if I missed it, but is there a mass unsubscribe option? Looks like the new site has me subscribed to every thread since the dawn of time.
    We're in the process of checking that out.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1362441554649108480?s=20[/TWITTER]

Testing new bb code
    Test quoting a post with a tweet.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
    Is there a User Control Panel? Is there still a bank? Why do I need to log in every time I return even though I choose the remember me box? Is there an equivalent to old edition of the site where you could see last unread in a thread and it would bring you right to where you last were? Seems we now need to scroll to bottom of page 1 then click on last page. Just a few questions that I'd love to get answers to. Thanks.
    If you click on your name it will take you a page where you can fully customize your experience on he forum. This includes how you view your threads, subscription management, etc. Please be patient. We are having to stabilize the site since the upgrade and more functionality is coming but we must first get the site to function as intended, which has been problematic at best since the migration/upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    New code works better. Shouldn't give us issues. *fingers crossed*

You should now either be able to post the ENTIRE link to the tweet or the URL ID (the numbers).

Note though that you may have to make sure you paste the link as plain text if you copy it from your search bar for the tweet. Also make sure it's the link just for that one tweet and not for the whole page.
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 02-19-2021, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1362441554649108480?s=20[/TWITTER]

Testing new bb code

Leave a comment:

• Me2SouthBend
    replied
    Thanks all for the info. Irish YJ I believe I'm using Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    BeauBenken disregard the VB question. I see we're all the way 5.6.4 at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Is there a User Control Panel? Is there still a bank? Why do I need to log in every time I return even though I choose the remember me box? Is there an equivalent to old edition of the site where you could see last unread in a thread and it would bring you right to where you last were? Seems we now need to scroll to bottom of page 1 then click on last page. Just a few questions that I'd love to get answers to. Thanks.
    I think they are working on the nuts and bolts first, and stuff like reps, bank, and other bells and whistles are second priority. Doesn't look like they have reps turned on, nor some other functionality from a user experience perspective. I'm sure bells and whistles will come. I really don't know what to expect though until I know what version we've upgraded too.

hey BeauBenken , can you share what version of VBull you guys upgraded too.

by the way Me2SouthBend the call outs (using the @ sign plus user name) are new functionality that people can use to engage specific folks (they'll get a notification). As far as log in, I'm having no problem with auto-login after I checked the box. Are you using Chrome?

Leave a comment:

• TheMightyQuinn10
    replied
    Well this is interesting

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Me2SouthBend

The Notifications are effectively the User Panel. If you have them turned on they'll take you to any subscribed threads that people have posted in. Notifications will also show you who has quoted you in a thread, which is a very nice edition, along with letting you know when someone pings your username for attention like I did at the beginning of your post. It seems like the the @ function is being a bit sketchy though, sometimes I can't use it in the middle of a thread it seems.

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Double Arrows pointed down just to the left of the thread title will take you to the new posts in that thread since your last visit.

Leave a comment:

• Me2SouthBend
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

I'm up to something like 2000+ subscribed threads, I lost count lol.

That said, my Notifications button works much like the old User CP since all those threads are Subscribed. Anytime makes a comment in a thread I've replied to in the past it lets me know.
    Yup. Like other boards though, now that we have the notification feature, I'd love to use it as (to see who's quoted/replied to you) intended. It was my one big "want" for IE. That, along with easier vid/pic/tweet posting.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Thanks Beau. I've never had the auto subscribe checked since joining, and I don't think I've ever clicked subscribe on any individual threads. I'd hate to have to spend hours clicking unsubscribe just so the notification feature is usable.

Appreciate it, and good job you guys on everything so far. Getting better and better every day. For the first time I was able to bring it up on my phone. It's loading faster in general too from a nav perspective. Keep up the great work!
    I'm up to something like 2000+ subscribed threads, I lost count lol.

That said, my Notifications button works much like the old User CP since all those threads are Subscribed. Anytime makes a comment in a thread I've replied to in the past it lets me know.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied

I'll see if that's a possibility. They are likely from before the transfer and the new feature doesn't know what to do with them.
    Thanks Beau. I've never had the auto subscribe checked since joining, and I don't think I've ever clicked subscribe on any individual threads. I'd hate to have to spend hours clicking unsubscribe just so the notification feature is usable.

Appreciate it, and good job you guys on everything so far. Getting better and better every day. For the first time I was able to bring it up on my phone. It's loading faster in general too from a nav perspective. Keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
    Also, seems like I get "500 Internal Server Error" as much as I get any page on here. Anything I can do to fix that?
    We've been having some issues that we believe are due to pages timing out. They usually work, but if a page is slow to pull up you might get the internal server error. We are still working out those bugs on our end.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    That's a generic error code, but basically you get that because the site isn't available at that particular moment.

Leave a comment:

• irishog77
    replied
    Also, seems like I get "500 Internal Server Error" as much as I get any page on here. Anything I can do to fix that?

Leave a comment:

• irishog77
    replied
    I'm sure this has been asked and discussed, but is there a way to jump to the next pertinent thread without having to go back to the home page? On the old site, if I were catching up on recruiting threads, I could click on "next" or "previous" and it would take me to the next recruiting thread.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied

Thanks Beau. I've never had auto subscribe "on" or checked though (I'm familiar with the settings). I have 2470 subscriptions and the only way to get rid of them is to click each one to unsubscribe. I was hoping there was a mod ability. Or perhaps the developer can wipe everyone's subscriptions? I'm sure there are likely a bunch in the same situation, and when they get used to the notification feature, they'll be hammered with alerts like I am every time someone posts something somewhere.
    I'll see if that's a possibility. They are likely from before the transfer and the new feature doesn't know what to do with them.

Leave a comment:

• beryirish
    replied
    Congratulations fellas!!

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied

I believe subscribed threads are simply threads that you have posted in.

I'll look into it though.

EDIT: To turn off automatic subscriptions from occurring by you participating in threads, you can turn them off my going to your user profile > user settings > notifications. There you can adjust what you want notified about and turn off all auto subs if you desire.
    Thanks Beau. I've never had auto subscribe "on" or checked though (I'm familiar with the settings). I have 2470 subscriptions and the only way to get rid of them is to click each one to unsubscribe. I was hoping there was a mod ability. Or perhaps the developer can wipe everyone's subscriptions? I'm sure there are likely a bunch in the same situation, and when they get used to the notification feature, they'll be hammered with alerts like I am every time someone posts something somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Anyway to get rid of "subscribed" threads. I've never clicked anything to subscribe the threads, but I'm subscribed to just about everything and get notifications from just about everything. Any way to clear it all?
    I believe subscribed threads are simply threads that you have posted in.

I'll look into it though.

EDIT: To turn off automatic subscriptions from occurring by you participating in threads, you can turn them off my going to your user profile > user settings > notifications. There you can adjust what you want notified about and turn off all auto subs if you desire.
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 02-17-2021, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Anyway to get rid of "subscribed" threads. I've never clicked anything to subscribe the threads, but I'm subscribed to just about everything and get notifications from just about everything. Any way to clear it all?

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

I remember last season there was a while where I was getting UM ads on here. So nothing could be worse than that.

Side note I wonder why my profile pic isn't working when I post but shows up everywhere else.
    Lots of quirks right now. I'm just going with the flow.
    The reason why I asked about ads, is I'm a more open to gofundme type support if there are no ads and the site isn't revenue generating.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Any way of showing more post per page? Right now it is only 15 post per page

Leave a comment:

• Green Mountains
    replied
    Congrats and thank you.

Is it possible to put the Page Numbers (at the bottom) at the top too? Currently the top only has Page X of XX and then the Filter box. It's just a suggestion and worth exactly what I've been paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Glad to be back! Congrats again to the new owners. Sucks that the updates are taking longer than originally expected, but it'll be better for the future!

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    Congrats/Thanks to the new ownership group. Glad to know that the community finally has an ownership that actually cares about this place. I was always worried that one day this place would get bought up or deleted without notice.

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    ... but where is the arcade?
    Don't be dissing my arcade man.

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    ... but where is the arcade?

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Stuff is pretty fucked right now, I'm meeting with a programmer tonight to discuss stability and fixes. It'll get there, but it's going to be a process. We unfortunately were kind of backed into a corner because the 10+ year old software would not run on new servers... so we are having to plow through with an upgrade instead of taking it as slow as we wanted.

Anyways, if you're on the front page and want to jump to last click the little blue double arrow on the right side of the thread.
    I'll try that. As always, you guys rock and are doing everything you can!

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied

I remember last season there was a while where I was getting UM ads on here. So nothing could be worse than that.

Side note I wonder why my profile pic isn't working when I post but shows up everywhere else.
    Have you uploaded it again as your avatar?

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied

lol. i was talking about ads on the board.
    just hoping we don't end up with popups and silly stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied

Irish Envy presented by Depends
    lol. i was talking about ads on the board.
    just hoping we don't end up with popups and silly stuff.

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied
    Question... will IE have advertising under the new ownership?
    Irish Envy presented by Depends

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Question... will IE have advertising under the new ownership?

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    Was working much better on my PC than it is on my phone.
    That's where I am. I can get to the site on my phone, but it won't let me log in. I'm sure we'll figure it all out, learn the new stuff, and the bugs will get weeded out soon enough. Glad to be back.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Was working much better on my PC than it is on my phone.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X