Website Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

That was a temporary change we made just to ease some stress on the server. The Front Page, especially "The Latest" takes up a lot of resources when it is refreshed/reloaded with that much traffic. I've added the rest of the forums back to the list but will keep it to top 5 for the time being.
    Thanks!! That makes sense. The view all now includes the threads, appreciate the help!!

Comment

• The site had some major clicks in the last 72 hours.
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• appreciate all the big wigs on here who have kept this site rolling. For all the traffic, I've actually experienced very little issues.
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
          The site had some major clicks in the last 72 hours.
          i was real worried about them missing out on their revenue when the site was crashing initially. PANIC PANIC lol
          Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
            appreciate all the big wigs on here who have kept this site rolling. For all the traffic, I've actually experienced very little issues.
            Good to hear, it's been pretty fun around here the last few days with a bunch of posters from back in the day getting back in the mix. We've also had close to 30 new user sign ups.

Comment

The site had some major clicks in the last 72 hours.
              That's how you stress test your server. lol

Comment

Good to hear, it's been pretty fun around here the last few days with a bunch of posters from back in the day getting back in the mix. We've also had close to 30 new user sign ups.
                Nice.

Comment

• Can we change our user titles under our names anymore?? I can’t seem to find where that happens
                  There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                    Can we change our user titles under our names anymore?? I can’t seem to find where that happens
                    user settings -> profile

Should be the the top field User Title

Edit: Looks like that option was disabled, but it should be there now. Let me know if you can't find it.

Comment

user settings -> profile

Should be the the top field User Title
                      Man,... I'm either terrible at this or there is now User Title option...???? My top field is Date of Birth.
                      There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Okay, clash, did you just change something??? I was staring at it and it just popped up out of nowhere... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                          Okay, clash, did you just change something??? I was staring at it and it just popped up out of nowhere... lol
                          Yep sorry, I should have looked at it before responding but hoped I had it switched before you saw my post.

Comment

hmmm, next time it happens could you either share a screen shot in a PM with more or tell me which forum it's happening in? I looked at your account and there are no differences in your permissions compared to everyone else.
                            It just happened a few minutes ago in the Marcus Freeman to be named ND Head Coach thread. When I click on the link to it from my notification page it takes me to Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion, where I get the following message: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator. I sent you a screenshot by PM.
                            Last edited by Bishop2b5; 12-03-2021, 05:36 PM.
                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

It just happened a few minutes ago in the Marcus Freeman to be named ND Head Coach thread. When I click on the link to it from my notification page it takes me to Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion, where I get the following message: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator. I sent you a screenshot by PM.
                              Doing some digging on this. One possible cause that seems to be a pretty well known issue is when the new post in your subscription gets deleted by a user or mod before you navigate to it. The link in your subscription list tries to take you to a post that is no longer there, which gives you the error as only mods can see deleted posts. This also explains why you're able to go to the front page or forum list and access the rest of the thread "manually."

Do you get email notifications for your subscriptions? It may be possible to find the exact link in the emails to the deleted post which causes the issue. Next time it happens, check your emails for one that matches the timestamp on the notifications page, copy the link in the email and send it to me in a PM. I'll be able to check if it's a deleted post.

Comment

Doing some digging on this. One possible cause that seems to be a pretty well known issue is when the new post in your subscription gets deleted by a user or mod before you navigate to it. The link in your subscription list tries to take you to a post that is no longer there, which gives you the error as only mods can see deleted posts. This also explains why you're able to go to the front page or forum list and access the rest of the thread "manually."

Do you get email notifications for your subscriptions? It may be possible to find the exact link in the emails to the deleted post which causes the issue. Next time it happens, check your emails for one that matches the timestamp on the notifications page, copy the link in the email and send it to me in a PM. I'll be able to check if it's a deleted post.
                                No, I don't get e-mail notifications. I never thought about what happens if the post has been deleted. That makes perfect sense and is surely the cause. It certainly fits all the evidence and explains everything else about the issue. That's almost certainly the answer, so don't waste any more time working on it. Thanks for the help, Mike!
                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Can anyone help me out as to how to get “Front Page” on Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The Android version has an option for Timeline which I think would be the front page results. Can you find that anywhere,

Screenshot_20211204-160707.jpg

Comment

The Android version has an option for Timeline which I think would be the front page results. Can you find that anywhere,

Screenshot_20211204-160707.jpg
                                      Thanks a lot, Mike! That’s a big help. Sorry I couldn’t figure that out myself for some reason. Go Irish!

Comment

• Can an admin go in and unsubscribe to all my thread follows in bulk? I am unable to send PMs at this time. TY!
                                        Last edited by bkess8; 12-17-2021, 11:34 AM.
                                        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                          Can an admin go in and unsubscribe to all my thread follows in bulk? I am unable to send PMs at this time. TY!
                                          Should all be cleared now.

Comment

Can an admin go in and unsubscribe to all my thread follows in bulk? I am unable to send PMs at this time. TY!
                                            I'm at 2,437, how many did you have? What's the limit so I know before I get t here

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

I'm at 2,437, how many did you have? What's the limit so I know before I get t here
                                              I had over 167 pages to delete haha!
                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Let me know if you'd like me to clear yours out as well

Comment

Please clear mine out. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                    Please clear mine out. Thank you!
                                                    Just so we're on the same page, you want subscriptions cleared, not PMs?

Comment

Just so we're on the same page, you want subscriptions cleared, not PMs?
                                                      Sorry, yes - subs!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                        Sorry, yes - subs!
                                                        No problem, should be cleared now.

Comment

No problem, should be cleared now.
                                                          Many thanks!

Comment

I'm good at the moment, thanks though! I like going through my Notifications as is to see what Subs have new posts.

Comment

Should all be cleared now.
                                                              Still unable to send a PM. Anyway to permanently disable subscriptions?
                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Still unable to send a PM. Anyway to permanently disable subscriptions?
                                                                I just looked at your PM stats, it's showing you have 627 total PMs. 304 of them are in your trash. Can I clear those out to see if that would free up space?

And just so we're clear, I can't view your individual PMs or their contents, just the quantities of how many are being stored.

Comment

I just looked at your PM stats, it's showing you have 627 total PMs. 304 of them are in your trash. Can I clear those out to see if that would free up space?

And just so we're clear, I can't view your individual PMs or their contents, just the quantities of how many are being stored.
                                                                  Just cleaned up everything! Thanks again for the help, I was sure it was user error but just needed you to point it out to me!
                                                                  GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Sure boss,…. Suuuuurrreee.

Comment

• I still like the newer site. I was worried when it switched. You all have done a great job managing it. Just wish it didn’t slow up on busy days like yesterday or when Kelly left.

Comment

I still like the newer site. I was worried when it switched. You all have done a great job managing it. Just wish it didn’t slow up on busy days like yesterday or when Kelly left.
                                                                        Gotta understand when you have a big bowl game like that, and then a let down at the end, there will be a ton of traffic from trolls and other fan bases that want to taste the tears. Some posters should honestly give it 24 hours and stay away tbh, they only feed the fire when they go off the handle.

Comment

Gotta understand when you have a big bowl game like that, and then a let down at the end, there will be a ton of traffic from trolls and other fan bases that want to taste the tears. Some posters should honestly give it 24 hours and stay away tbh, they only feed the fire when they go off the handle.
                                                                          I didn’t think about the other people coming to them site.

Comment

• timeline on functioning ignore feature?
                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                              timeline on functioning ignore feature?
                                                                              We are looking at options now to move to a different software. Vbulletin does not appear to be in any hurry to get that functionality working. There are other features currently lacking in vb as well that we'd like to explore. Once we have a chance to find something that works for what we are looking for, we will share that with everyone. Our hope is to get that done in the next month.

Comment

We are looking at options now to move to a different software. Vbulletin does not appear to be in any hurry to get that functionality working. There are other features currently lacking in vb as well that we'd like to explore. Once we have a chance to find something that works for what we are looking for, we will share that with everyone. Our hope is to get that done in the next month.
                                                                                You guys thought about Invision? It's pretty similar to Vbulletin, has many of the same new features the new board has and maybe a few more. The Surly Horns Texas board runs it: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/

Comment

You guys thought about Invision? It's pretty similar to Vbulletin, has many of the same new features the new board has and maybe a few more. The Surly Horns Texas board runs it: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/
                                                                                  Yep, we have looked at Invision as well as Xenforo. No decision has been made yet but we are hoping to get something in the works soon.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X