Website Styling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Styling

Let me know your opinions of the website's styling and how you would like it to change in this thread.

From there I can gather opinions and see what I can do.

Keep in mind that most of the styling I can do from my end is colors, fonts, etc.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

What about an optional dark mode? I have that enabled pretty much everywhere I can and I very much prefer that over the normal display.

Comment

Dark mode can be done with a web browser add in right?
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Possibly? Will look into that for chrome on my phone.

Comment

I do have dark mode on and this site is still very white.

Comment

Perhaps some celtic font in places to give it a little Irish/Gaeilge feel.

And perhaps a new logo to really put an "under-new-management" stamp on things.

All that, and maybe add some boobs in key places.
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
              Perhaps some celtic font in places to give it a little Irish/Gaeilge feel.

And perhaps a new logo to really put an "under-new-management" stamp on things.

All that, and maybe add some boobs in key places.
              I have highlighted the most important part of this suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by AllTimeIrish View Post

I have highlighted the most important part of this suggestion.
                I think you could combo all three of my suggestions. Our logo should be a chick, with nice boobs, with a wife beater sporting our new celtic font logo. But yeah, can't forget boobs.

Comment

You should be able to switch to a dark mode at the bottom left corner of the page where it says "IE Test 1". Let me know if it works for you.

For most regular users, the options should be between "IE Test 1", "Dark", and the default theme. For admin it probably shows all options.
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Cool a wake forest theme. Definitely easier on the eyes
                    Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      Cool a wake forest theme. Definitely easier on the eyes
                      That is the reason I have our default theme set to a similar theme that we had on the old site. hahaha

Comment

Beau do you know if the other themes can be edited? Just tweaking the dark theme to make it more IE like would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                          Beau do you know if the other themes can be edited? Just tweaking the dark theme to make it more IE like would be good.
                          Yes I can tweak them up some. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                            You should be able to switch to a dark mode at the bottom left corner of the page where it says "IE Test 1". Let me know if it works for you.

For most regular users, the options should be between "IE Test 1", "Dark", and the default theme. For admin it probably shows all options.
                            Bumping this so that anyone who doesn't know about the other available themes can know about them.

Comment

Bumping this so that anyone who doesn't know about the other available themes can know about them.
                              That's a great addition thank you.

As far as general styling, I think less gold and more blue would be good. Not a big deal, but I think some of the larger boxes, like the one showing the users looks a little overblown being gold.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

For the record, loving dark mode. Is it possible to see how a dark blue would look (to keep with the ND theme)?

Also, when can we expect boob mode?

Comment

For the record, loving dark mode. Is it possible to see how a dark blue would look (to keep with the ND theme)?

Also, when can we expect boob mode?
                                  Gentlemen's Club 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Gentlemen's Club 2: Electric Boobaloo.
                                    FIFY

Comment

FIFY
                                      Take your like and get out of my sight.

Comment

Agreed on the boobs and new logo.

Also does the default blue seem a bit garish to anyone else? Looks more like KC Royals than ND to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

Also does the default blue seem a bit garish to anyone else? Looks more like KC Royals than ND to me.
                                          I'd agree.

Comment

Take your like and get out of my sight.
                                            Fix your avatar, and I will be gone.

Comment

Fix your avatar, and I will be gone.
                                              Is it possible to learn this power?

Comment

Is it possible to learn this power?
                                                click on your avatar-less avatar. that will take you to your user area. you'll see on the avatar spot, an edit option.

Comment

If you're referring to the "Default" theme, that is the default vBulletin theme and definitely not ND colors. Otherwise the colors are the ones used at the old site.

Comment

If you're referring to the "Default" theme, that is the default vBulletin theme and definitely not ND colors. Otherwise the colors are the ones used at the old site.
                                                    https://i.ibb.co/Ph1z5Pp/Screen-Shot...9-51-44-PM.png

I can't upload pics for some reason but the sidebar is what I'm referring to.

Comment

https://i.ibb.co/Ph1z5Pp/Screen-Shot...9-51-44-PM.png

I can't upload pics for some reason but the sidebar is what I'm referring to.
                                                      Should be able to upload pics unless it's too large, but okay, yea. That's actually the same blue that was on the old site, but if people prefer a deeper blue, I can look into it.

Comment

Should be able to upload pics unless it's too large, but okay, yea. That's actually the same blue that was on the old site, but if people prefer a deeper blue, I can look into it.
                                                        If it even just matched the blue that is behind the "IE Test 1" text at the bottom I think it would be a lot better.

Comment

If it even just matched the blue that is behind the "IE Test 1" text at the bottom I think it would be a lot better.
                                                          You've got your wish.

Comment

You've got your wish.
                                                            My man!

Comment

Beau,
                                                              Can you make the double arrow that takes you to the last post a little bigger?
                                                              2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                              Last edited by Irish#1; 03-24-2021, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Maybe I’ve missed it but I liked how, on the old website, I could scroll from one thread to the next without going back to the homepage. They were also linked by content. If I was reading a ‘23 recruits thread, I could go directly to the next ‘23 recruits thread and then the next one, etc. Has that been set up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  Beau,
                                                                  2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                                  I don't think I can, sorry.

Comment

I don't think I can, sorry.
                                                                    No worries.

Comment

No worries.
                                                                      At least not without getting creative. I might be able to do something, but it would be a first for me.

Comment

Beau,
                                                                        2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                                        I think I've managed this now. Let me know if that works for you.

Comment

Yeah, you definitely did. I was just looking into that and looked at the icon and wondered why Irish#1 wanted that arrow bigger lol

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                            Maybe I’ve missed it but I liked how, on the old website, I could scroll from one thread to the next without going back to the homepage. They were also linked by content. If I was reading a ‘23 recruits thread, I could go directly to the next ‘23 recruits thread and then the next one, etc. Has that been set up yet?
                                                                            I've been looking for a mod that does this and haven't had any luck yet. I will keep searching.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Thoughts on rounded avatars?

Comment

• #40

Much better now when on your phone.
                                                                                Thanks,

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                  Thoughts on rounded avatars?
                                                                                  Sure, why not?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I like the round avatars.
                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                    X