Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website Styling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Website Styling

    Let me know your opinions of the website's styling and how you would like it to change in this thread.

    From there I can gather opinions and see what I can do.

    Keep in mind that most of the styling I can do from my end is colors, fonts, etc.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

  • #2
    What about an optional dark mode? I have that enabled pretty much everywhere I can and I very much prefer that over the normal display.

    Comment


    • #3
      Dark mode can be done with a web browser add in right?
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

      Comment


      • #4
        Possibly? Will look into that for chrome on my phone.

        Comment


        • #5
          I do have dark mode on and this site is still very white.

          Comment


          • #6
            Perhaps some celtic font in places to give it a little Irish/Gaeilge feel.

            And perhaps a new logo to really put an "under-new-management" stamp on things.

            All that, and maybe add some boobs in key places.
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
              Perhaps some celtic font in places to give it a little Irish/Gaeilge feel.

              And perhaps a new logo to really put an "under-new-management" stamp on things.

              All that, and maybe add some boobs in key places.
              I have highlighted the most important part of this suggestion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AllTimeIrish View Post

                I have highlighted the most important part of this suggestion.
                I think you could combo all three of my suggestions. Our logo should be a chick, with nice boobs, with a wife beater sporting our new celtic font logo. But yeah, can't forget boobs.
                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                Comment


                • #9
                  You should be able to switch to a dark mode at the bottom left corner of the page where it says "IE Test 1". Let me know if it works for you.

                  For most regular users, the options should be between "IE Test 1", "Dark", and the default theme. For admin it probably shows all options.
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cool a wake forest theme. Definitely easier on the eyes
                    Prehistoric

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      Cool a wake forest theme. Definitely easier on the eyes
                      That is the reason I have our default theme set to a similar theme that we had on the old site. hahaha
                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Beau do you know if the other themes can be edited? Just tweaking the dark theme to make it more IE like would be good.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                          Beau do you know if the other themes can be edited? Just tweaking the dark theme to make it more IE like would be good.
                          Yes I can tweak them up some. Suggestions?
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                            You should be able to switch to a dark mode at the bottom left corner of the page where it says "IE Test 1". Let me know if it works for you.

                            For most regular users, the options should be between "IE Test 1", "Dark", and the default theme. For admin it probably shows all options.
                            Bumping this so that anyone who doesn't know about the other available themes can know about them.
                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                              Bumping this so that anyone who doesn't know about the other available themes can know about them.
                              That's a great addition thank you.

                              As far as general styling, I think less gold and more blue would be good. Not a big deal, but I think some of the larger boxes, like the one showing the users looks a little overblown being gold.

                              Funnier than you in 2012.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                For the record, loving dark mode. Is it possible to see how a dark blue would look (to keep with the ND theme)?

                                Also, when can we expect boob mode?
                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                  For the record, loving dark mode. Is it possible to see how a dark blue would look (to keep with the ND theme)?

                                  Also, when can we expect boob mode?
                                  Gentlemen's Club 2: Electric Boogaloo.

                                  Funnier than you in 2012.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                                    Gentlemen's Club 2: Electric Boobaloo.
                                    FIFY
                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

                                      FIFY
                                      Take your like and get out of my sight.

                                      Funnier than you in 2012.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Agreed on the boobs and new logo.

                                        Also does the default blue seem a bit garish to anyone else? Looks more like KC Royals than ND to me.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                          Agreed on the boobs and new logo.

                                          Also does the default blue seem a bit garish to anyone else? Looks more like KC Royals than ND to me.
                                          I'd agree.

                                          Funnier than you in 2012.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                                            Take your like and get out of my sight.
                                            Fix your avatar, and I will be gone.
                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

                                              Fix your avatar, and I will be gone.
                                              Is it possible to learn this power?

                                              Funnier than you in 2012.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                                                Is it possible to learn this power?
                                                click on your avatar-less avatar. that will take you to your user area. you'll see on the avatar spot, an edit option.
                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                  Agreed on the boobs and new logo.

                                                  Also does the default blue seem a bit garish to anyone else? Looks more like KC Royals than ND to me.
                                                  If you're referring to the "Default" theme, that is the default vBulletin theme and definitely not ND colors. Otherwise the colors are the ones used at the old site.
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                    If you're referring to the "Default" theme, that is the default vBulletin theme and definitely not ND colors. Otherwise the colors are the ones used at the old site.
                                                    https://i.ibb.co/Ph1z5Pp/Screen-Shot...9-51-44-PM.png

                                                    I can't upload pics for some reason but the sidebar is what I'm referring to.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

                                                      https://i.ibb.co/Ph1z5Pp/Screen-Shot...9-51-44-PM.png

                                                      I can't upload pics for some reason but the sidebar is what I'm referring to.
                                                      Should be able to upload pics unless it's too large, but okay, yea. That's actually the same blue that was on the old site, but if people prefer a deeper blue, I can look into it.
                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                        Should be able to upload pics unless it's too large, but okay, yea. That's actually the same blue that was on the old site, but if people prefer a deeper blue, I can look into it.
                                                        If it even just matched the blue that is behind the "IE Test 1" text at the bottom I think it would be a lot better.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

                                                          If it even just matched the blue that is behind the "IE Test 1" text at the bottom I think it would be a lot better.
                                                          You've got your wish.
                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                            You've got your wish.
                                                            My man!

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Beau,
                                                              Can you make the double arrow that takes you to the last post a little bigger?
                                                              2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                              Last edited by Irish#1; 03-24-2021, 06:17 AM.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Maybe I’ve missed it but I liked how, on the old website, I could scroll from one thread to the next without going back to the homepage. They were also linked by content. If I was reading a ‘23 recruits thread, I could go directly to the next ‘23 recruits thread and then the next one, etc. Has that been set up yet?

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  Beau,
                                                                  Can you make the double arrow that takes you to the last post a little bigger?
                                                                  2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                                  I don't think I can, sorry.
                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                                    I don't think I can, sorry.
                                                                    No worries.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                      No worries.
                                                                      At least not without getting creative. I might be able to do something, but it would be a first for me.
                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                        Beau,
                                                                        Can you make the double arrow that takes you to the last post a little bigger?
                                                                        2021-03-24_7-13-59.png
                                                                        I think I've managed this now. Let me know if that works for you.
                                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                                          I think I've managed this now. Let me know if that works for you.
                                                                          Yeah, you definitely did. I was just looking into that and looked at the icon and wondered why Irish#1 wanted that arrow bigger lol

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                            Maybe I’ve missed it but I liked how, on the old website, I could scroll from one thread to the next without going back to the homepage. They were also linked by content. If I was reading a ‘23 recruits thread, I could go directly to the next ‘23 recruits thread and then the next one, etc. Has that been set up yet?
                                                                            I've been looking for a mod that does this and haven't had any luck yet. I will keep searching.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Thoughts on rounded avatars?

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                                                I think I've managed this now. Let me know if that works for you.
                                                                                Much better now when on your phone.
                                                                                Thanks,

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                  Thoughts on rounded avatars?
                                                                                  Sure, why not?

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    I like the round avatars.
                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                    X