Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I mean, reps just straight up don't exist anymore. Just likes.
    I get that. But doesn't vbul have an option to list total count/quantity (like Envision) of likes, instead of just the bar.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I get that. But doesn't vbul have an option to list total count/quantity (like Envision) of likes, instead of just the bar.
      That I'll have to look into.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

That I'll have to look into.
        I googled. Maybe vbul is simply limited. I saw a lot of complaints around the like/reps. Seems they diminish the need.

Comment

• Just a heads up but ads are being implemented. It might take a bit to iron out the types of ads we are receiving.

However, I would ask that all of you who have supported the new site continue to do so and consider whitelisting us with your adblocker!
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Something I've noticed is that on the old platform if I signed in and let's say there were 10 threads with new activity since my last sign in. I only read 6 that were of interest to me and leave the site. If I came back later that night, all 10 would be shown as read, i.e. no longer highlighted.

Now I've realized those stay highlighted for eternity .

Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
              Something I've noticed is that on the old platform if I signed in and let's say there were 10 threads with new activity since my last sign in. I only read 6 that were of interest to me and leave the site. If I came back later that night, all 10 would be shown as read, i.e. no longer highlighted.

Now I've realized those stay highlighted for eternity .
              Isn’t that a positive?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Isn’t that a positive?
                Guess depends on ur preference. I don't need the everything soccer thread showing me I haven't read it from February when I never plan to.

It was nice seeing something like that as read the next time I was on.
                Prehistoric

Comment

• Did yall change the PM/mail limit?
                  Also, noticed that historical donations/gifts were all in my inbox

tip to anyone who has the same issue... use select all, and only one page at a time. if you try to select items on multiple pages, it will only delete the page you are on.

Comment

• has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                    Prehistoric

Comment

has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                      had some server errors but when the site is accessible it runs fine for me
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                        Yeah it's been hit or miss for about a week. It seems to do with traffic levels which, when they get to a certain point, use up too much of the CPU of the server. So the database expert who got the site to stable initially is looking into different ways to fix this, including possibly upgrading the server.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Yeah it's been hit or miss for about a week. It seems to do with traffic levels which, when they get to a certain point, use up too much of the CPU of the server. So the database expert who got the site to stable initially is looking into different ways to fix this, including possibly upgrading the server.
                          I don't know if they changed anything, but it used to take 5-10 seconds for me to get to my notifications (Could be because I've got like 2000 subscriptions). I'm back on after being offline a few weeks from a move and the Notifications page seem to be coming up quickly.

Comment

• One of the most recent changes people might notice is a shortened front page list and that the "home page" is the forums page. Clash made these moves after discovering that the large search done by the front page particularly in peak traffic hours was sometimes putting an unnecessary strain on the servers cpu. The issue is seemingly just because vbulletin's built in search feature is...not great. We'll look into adding and using a different search engine, but for the time being this seems to have helped some.

We also have been slowly pruning and getting rid of old files and data on the server and it seems that may be helping as well.

If anyone notices any issues, again, just let us know and we will always try to improve the site or fix the issue.

Comment

• Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                              Prehistoric

Comment

Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                                No changes that I've made, I got a text about 15 minutes ago that it was down, when I saw that and logged on it was back up. I will look at logs and see if there was anything going on.

Comment

Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                                  Sure sign they changed something, a glitch in the Matrix.
                                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Anyone have some issues with Tapatalk on mobile?

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                      Anyone have some issues with Tapatalk on mobile?
                                      I personally haven't been using it since the move. Clash uploaded the site to it again, I believe.

Comment

• What's the trick to get Tweets to show up in Firefox. They work fine on my phone, but on my mac Tweets show up as blank white posts.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X