Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I mean, reps just straight up don't exist anymore. Just likes.
    I get that. But doesn't vbul have an option to list total count/quantity (like Envision) of likes, instead of just the bar.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I get that. But doesn't vbul have an option to list total count/quantity (like Envision) of likes, instead of just the bar.
      That I'll have to look into.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

That I'll have to look into.
        I googled. Maybe vbul is simply limited. I saw a lot of complaints around the like/reps. Seems they diminish the need.

Comment

• Just a heads up but ads are being implemented. It might take a bit to iron out the types of ads we are receiving.

However, I would ask that all of you who have supported the new site continue to do so and consider whitelisting us with your adblocker!
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Something I've noticed is that on the old platform if I signed in and let's say there were 10 threads with new activity since my last sign in. I only read 6 that were of interest to me and leave the site. If I came back later that night, all 10 would be shown as read, i.e. no longer highlighted.

Now I've realized those stay highlighted for eternity .

Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
              Something I've noticed is that on the old platform if I signed in and let's say there were 10 threads with new activity since my last sign in. I only read 6 that were of interest to me and leave the site. If I came back later that night, all 10 would be shown as read, i.e. no longer highlighted.

Now I've realized those stay highlighted for eternity .
              Isn’t that a positive?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Isn’t that a positive?
                Guess depends on ur preference. I don't need the everything soccer thread showing me I haven't read it from February when I never plan to.

It was nice seeing something like that as read the next time I was on.
                Prehistoric

Comment

• Did yall change the PM/mail limit?
                  Also, noticed that historical donations/gifts were all in my inbox

tip to anyone who has the same issue... use select all, and only one page at a time. if you try to select items on multiple pages, it will only delete the page you are on.

Comment

• has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                    Prehistoric

Comment

has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                      had some server errors but when the site is accessible it runs fine for me
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

has the site been running slower and giving server errors again for anyone else?
                        Yeah it's been hit or miss for about a week. It seems to do with traffic levels which, when they get to a certain point, use up too much of the CPU of the server. So the database expert who got the site to stable initially is looking into different ways to fix this, including possibly upgrading the server.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Yeah it's been hit or miss for about a week. It seems to do with traffic levels which, when they get to a certain point, use up too much of the CPU of the server. So the database expert who got the site to stable initially is looking into different ways to fix this, including possibly upgrading the server.
                          I don't know if they changed anything, but it used to take 5-10 seconds for me to get to my notifications (Could be because I've got like 2000 subscriptions). I'm back on after being offline a few weeks from a move and the Notifications page seem to be coming up quickly.

Comment

• One of the most recent changes people might notice is a shortened front page list and that the "home page" is the forums page. Clash made these moves after discovering that the large search done by the front page particularly in peak traffic hours was sometimes putting an unnecessary strain on the servers cpu. The issue is seemingly just because vbulletin's built in search feature is...not great. We'll look into adding and using a different search engine, but for the time being this seems to have helped some.

We also have been slowly pruning and getting rid of old files and data on the server and it seems that may be helping as well.

If anyone notices any issues, again, just let us know and we will always try to improve the site or fix the issue.

Comment

• Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                              Prehistoric

Comment

Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                                No changes that I've made, I got a text about 15 minutes ago that it was down, when I saw that and logged on it was back up. I will look at logs and see if there was anything going on.

Comment

Site was down fore on mobile only a couple hours this evening. Any recent changes?
                                  Sure sign they changed something, a glitch in the Matrix.
                                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Anyone have some issues with Tapatalk on mobile?

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                      Anyone have some issues with Tapatalk on mobile?
                                      I personally haven't been using it since the move. Clash uploaded the site to it again, I believe.

Comment

• What's the trick to get Tweets to show up in Firefox. They work fine on my phone, but on my mac Tweets show up as blank white posts.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I added a few more options that will make sharing/posting a little easier, most notably for recruiting profiles. There are now easy ways to embed a player's 247 profile as well as embed hudl videos. Below are some basic instructions that will hopefully explain how these work. There are also Twitter (which has been up for a while) and Instagram embedding options as well as a spoiler tag that SPOILERBeauBenken added today. If you have any questions on how these work, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

• 247 Profile embedding

Simply click the 247 Sports icon in the Advanced Editor tool bar () and paste the full link to the profile in between the brackets. Be sure there are no extra spaces on either side of the url.

247cap.GIF

Comment

• Hudl Video Embedding

Click the Hudl icon in the Advanced Editor tool bar () and paste only the video ID from the url, so everything after the "video/", between the brackets. Be sure there are no extra spaces on either side of the ID.

hudlcap.GIF

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-22-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Clash,

It's easier to cut/paste the link first, then left click - highlight the link, then hit the corresponding button in the tool bar which perfectly wraps the link.

So when do we find out what the red eye reduction / spoiler button's for??????

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                  Clash,

It's easier to cut/paste the link first, then left click - highlight the link, then hit the corresponding button in the tool bar which perfectly wraps the link.

So when do we find out what the red eye reduction / spoiler button's for??????
                                                  Yes, good point. That method works as well and is probably a more sure fire way to not get the extra spaces. Hopefully everyone can figure that out without further instruction.

Comment

• Oh and HUGE THANKS to you & Beau for getting these up and running. I'd include the others but I know they're drinking bourbon at happy hour, showing off the sites new functionality to some skimpy dressed co-eds.

BTW... Are the Rivals and Youtube buttons far behind?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                      Oh and HUGE THANKS to you & Beau for getting these up and running. I'd include the others but I know they're drinking bourbon at happy hour, showing off the sites new functionality to some skimpy dressed co-eds.

BTW... Are the Rivals and Youtube buttons far behind?
                                                      Ha, Rivals may be a few days, I have golf leagues the next 2 nights and then an outing this weekend. Youtube links work with the general "Insert Video" option. I'll have to see if ISD's are an option so we can continue throwing clicks Freeman's way.

Comment

• Hah. I take zero credit. I just screw shit up until Mike can come fix it.

Comment

• We want TikTok!!!!!!
                                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                            We want TikTok!!!!!!
                                                            We do? lol

Comment

• How does one add a gif - I'm struggling for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                How does one add a gif - I'm struggling for some reason
                                                                Do you have a link to it you can send me?

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                  Hey everyone, I added a few more options that will make sharing/posting a little easier, most notably for recruiting profiles. There are now easy ways to embed a player's 247 profile as well as embed hudl videos. Below are some basic instructions that will hopefully explain how these work. There are also Twitter (which has been up for a while) and Instagram embedding options as well as a spoiler tag that SPOILERBeauBenken added today. If you have any questions on how these work, please don't hesitate to ask.
                                                                  Spoiler tags!

We've been wanting those for awhile, going back to the new Star Wars movies and beyond. Nice addition!

SPOILERWell done, gents!

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                    How does one add a gif - I'm struggling for some reason
                                                                    Click the "Image" icon from the toolbar which will pop up this box:

image.jpg

Paste the url in the box, uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. You can then adjust the height/width at the bottom if necessary.

image2.jpg

Hit OK and you should be all set.

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-24-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Thanks! (unchecking solved the issue)

Comment

• I'll use this thread to try to remind everyone to whitelist our website with their adblocker! I promise our ads are not that intrusive or disruptive to your use of the site and every dollar the site earns will only help it to continue to grow and prosper!

Comment

I'll use this thread to try to remind everyone to whitelist our website with their adblocker! I promise our ads are not that intrusive or disruptive to your use of the site and every dollar the site earns will only help it to continue to grow and prosper!
                                                                          Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I'll use this thread to try to remind everyone to whitelist our website with their adblocker! I promise our ads are not that intrusive or disruptive to your use of the site and every dollar the site earns will only help it to continue to grow and prosper!
                                                                            You corporate biggies will say anything to line your pockets.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I added a new style that everyone should be able to use, it's a little closer to the old colorings. IE B&G2. It will probably be switched to the forum default shortly. I also updated the commits list on the front page.

Comment

• You're a boss, Mike. Well done!

Comment

• I really like that we can toggle back and forth on the commit list between '22 and '23.

Comment

Hey everyone, I added a new style that everyone should be able to use, it's a little closer to the old colorings. IE B&G2. It will probably be switched to the forum default shortly. I also updated the commits list on the front page.
                                                                                    Oh my eyes just rejoiced.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      I really like that we can toggle back and forth on the commit list between '22 and '23.
                                                                                      Yea, I'm going to need Mike to teach me how to edit it because I'll gladly help, but that's even better than having two separate tables. Clash is the MVP.

I also notice that he has them up and running on the dark mode as well.

Clash, if there are any edits you want to make to the dark mode too, be my guest. You've done a heck of a job and seem to understand it all better than i do.

Comment

Yea, I'm going to need Mike to teach me how to edit it because I'll gladly help, but that's even better than having two separate tables. Clash is the MVP.
                                                                                        I'm going to try to find an easier way to update it, the editor kind of blows currently. I just do it offline on Dreamweaver then copy and paste it into the site builder.
                                                                                        Last edited by clashmore_mike; 07-04-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone, I added a new style that everyone should be able to use, it's a little closer to the old colorings. IE B&G2. It will probably be switched to the forum default shortly. I also updated the commits list on the front page.
                                                                                          So much better. Holy shit the site is almost fully back to normal lol... we should trash all the other ones (except dark mode) or find a way to make this the default because the other theme doesn't work for the commit section on the right side.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

So much better. Holy shit the site is almost fully back to normal lol... we should trash all the other ones (except dark mode) or find a way to make this the default because the other theme doesn't work for the commit section on the right side.
                                                                                            Should be set to the default now.

Comment

• Much better. Feelin closer to 2021

Comment

• Site keeps getting better and better. Love the dark mode, the forums kinda burn my retinas a bit at the end of the day when I've already been staring at a monitor for 9+ hours.

Comment

• Just got an ad for the LDS Church. IE is a Catholic website, Google. This aggression will not stand.
                                                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                    Just got an ad for the LDS Church. IE is a Catholic website, Google. This aggression will not stand.
                                                                                                    You been talking about LDS at home? Google is always listening. :)
                                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• I typically run pop up blocker, but I could make an exception for IE so you guys bring in more bucks. Speaking of which, is.there gonna be a new Varsity/VIP for those that donate? I donated to the new fund a few months back and gladly will again to avoid ads.

Unless it's ads for hot women. I'd be okay with those.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X