Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing New Website

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    i am still having terrible load times and multiple server failures. anyone else? also has the "user cp" function went away?
    front page seems to be 50/50 on loading. Also, I noticed some of the threads still show clashmore as the most recent post although he isnt as well as clickin the button to be taken to the most recent post isnt functioning properly.
    Prehistoric

    Comment


    • #52
      I also have like 3,500 "moderation" notifications that are all asking me to approve. What is this? most of them are extremely old posts
      Prehistoric

      Comment


      • #53
        Wow this place looks different now. I like the old layout much better.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
          I also have like 3,500 "moderation" notifications that are all asking me to approve. What is this? most of them are extremely old posts
          Those are posts from potential new users that the outdated vBulletin software didn't flag properly. They were posts that required approval to get the newly-registered users into the proper user groups, but never actually appeared. It appears the newest edition shows the mods all of the moderation-required posts that the old system missed.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
            i am still having terrible load times and multiple server failures. anyone else? also has the "user cp" function went away?
            It looks like 'User CP' has been replaced by your user profile in the upper right. You have to navigate to your profile, then to the 'subscribed' tab to see the most recent post activity that the previous User CP would show you.

            Comment


            • #56
              thanks IrishLion

              is there a faster way to remove all those moderation notifications?
              Prehistoric

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                thanks IrishLion

                is there a faster way to remove all those moderation notifications?
                NDdomer2 not that I've found... I've been clearing them page by page lol. I'm in process of another batch now while work is slow.

                Comment


                • #58
                  for some reason this thread continues to show that the most recent post is clashmore at 7:55am which im assuming is when this all got transfered over. Also, the button to take you to that post is not working.

                  I noticed when going through the user settings that we have an option on "Forum Style". What is everyone using?


                  EDIT: Appears there is no difference between the styles - am i the only one that thinks the upgrades feel clunkier than the old version?
                  Last edited by NDdomer2; 02-16-2021, 02:12 PM.
                  Prehistoric

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    when i am looking at the front page, what is the difference between a thread that is "highlighted" and the ones that arent?
                    Prehistoric

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      when i am looking at the front page, what is the difference between a thread that is "highlighted" and the ones that arent?
                      I believe the highlighted ones have new posts since the last time you were in that thread.

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

                        I believe the highlighted ones have new posts since the last time you were in that thread.
                        Ok then what's the difference between the ones with bolded/normal font?
                        Prehistoric

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

                          Ok then what's the difference between the ones with bolded/normal font?
                          Bold/normal font is threads with new posts vs threads you're caught up on.

                          If by highlighted you mean the yellow thread titles, those are stickied threads. In "The Latest" section, all threads are displayed in order of most recent post. If you enter an individual forum, you'll see all the sticky/highlighted threads at the top.

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            OK so going to irishenvy.com now correctly redirects to the front page and now no longer causes an internal server error. We will see how long this lasts.

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              This test tickles.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

                                front page seems to be 50/50 on loading. Also, I noticed some of the threads still show clashmore as the most recent post although he isnt as well as clickin the button to be taken to the most recent post isnt functioning properly.
                                I was able to fix this by clearing the system cache. Thanks for pointing it out.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Is the new layout temporary or is this the new site going forward? The old site was much more user friendly and fluid IMO. I still can’t figure out how to flow from one thread to another without constantly going back to the home page.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                    Is the new layout temporary or is this the new site going forward? The old site was much more user friendly and fluid IMO. I still can’t figure out how to flow from one thread to another without constantly going back to the home page.
                                    I guess it depends on how you were using the old site that felt most comfortable. I used my User CP to track the most recent activity on the threads I was following. You can still do that, we just don't have a 'User CP' tab. Instead, you have to click on your profile in the upper right, and then click on your 'subscriptions' tab. It's one extra click, but essentially the same thing.

                                    We are going to continue working on ways to make this feel like the IE that we were all accustomed to, but the reality is that vBulletin was so out of date, some of the previous operations are simply not feasible or even possible with their newer software. So some of it will be tweaking the system to our liking, while other pieces will be things we just kind of have to figure out and get accustomed to.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                      Is the new layout temporary or is this the new site going forward? The old site was much more user friendly and fluid IMO. I still can’t figure out how to flow from one thread to another without constantly going back to the home page.
                                      Please be patient. We had to migrate the old site that was out of date since 2010. There were problems with new servers accepting the outdated files so we were forced into a full upgrade. We are having to fix and repair the site on the fly due to many reasons. We are doing our best to get the site stable and then will focus on adding the features and user friendliness.

                                      Again we know the sites appearance is not great right now but we are working on getting it fixed ASAP. There are likely changes that will occur through out the days in the near future and possibly some intermittent outages.
                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

                                        Please be patient. We had to migrate the old site that was out of date since 2010. There were problems with new servers accepting the outdated files so we were forced into a full upgrade. We are having to fix and repair the site on the fly due to many reasons. We are doing our best to get the site stable and then will focus on adding the features and user friendliness.

                                        Again we know the sites appearance is not great right now but we are working on getting it fixed ASAP. There are likely changes that will occur through out the days in the near future and possibly some intermittent outages.
                                        Thanks Cack. I have no problem being patient. Was just asking to see what the plan was.

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          have noticed that my logon isn't being cached and i have to logon each time i use the site..a small complaint really
                                          What did Davonte do?

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                            Is the new layout temporary or is this the new site going forward? The old site was much more user friendly and fluid IMO. I still can’t figure out how to flow from one thread to another without constantly going back to the home page.
                                            If you're looking for what used to be the User CP page, try clicking on your profile or on the notifications tab at the top of the page.
                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                              have noticed that my logon isn't being cached and i have to logon each time i use the site..a small complaint really
                                              This one is new. We had some outsider help with parts of the website last night and something might have changed because of that. I am sure it will be addressed.
                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                I really like having the notifications. I can’t always remember what threads I post in. On national signing day or game day I might not like it but now. I do not agree with a lot that mods have to say in some of the political threads and that’s why I have determined to stay away for the most part. But damn if they haven’t done an outstanding job in this site.
                                                Last edited by irishff1014; 02-17-2021, 06:21 PM.
                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

                                                  Thanks Cack. I have no problem being patient. Was just asking to see what the plan was.
                                                  For sure this UI is not going to be permanent. There are going to be significant user interface / user experience improvements, and that's next phase after we've fixed stability. And then after the UI improvements will be the aesthetics.

                                                  In terms of UI, we're going to get feedback from everyone on what they like vs. what they miss to see what can be implemented or tweaked. The top two things I've heard so far are the User CP to see your subscribed threads, etc. at a glance and auto-subbing threads your reply in (which might already be something that can be enabled but I'm not sure how).

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

                                                    For sure this UI is not going to be permanent. There are going to be significant user interface / user experience improvements, and that's next phase after we've fixed stability. And then after the UI improvements will be the aesthetics.

                                                    In terms of UI, we're going to get feedback from everyone on what they like vs. what they miss to see what can be implemented or tweaked. The top two things I've heard so far are the User CP to see your subscribed threads, etc. at a glance and auto-subbing threads your reply in (which might already be something that can be enabled but I'm not sure how).

                                                    Auto subscribing to threads is enabled in "User Settings" under Notifications. Each user that wants to do this needs to toggle that on.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #76
                                                      Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post


                                                      Auto subscribing to threads is enabled in "User Settings" under Notifications. Each user that wants to do this needs to toggle that on.
                                                      Yes the User Settings has a ton of custom options. The user is gonna have to spend a bit of time setting it up the way they want and familiarizing. I have noticed that there are still some issues with changes being saved and implemented but that I have faith that will ultimately be cleaned up.
                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #77
                                                        Finally back! First day that the site has worked for me.
                                                        Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #78
                                                          Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                                                          Finally back! First day that the site has worked for me.
                                                          First day that irishenvy.com redirected appropriately to the forums.
                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #79
                                                            Avatar test.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #80
                                                              Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                                              Avatar test.
                                                              Great the puppet is back

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #81
                                                                Don't forget to go to the Go Fund Me page and make a donation, even if it's small. It takes money to do something like this properly.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #82
                                                                  I created a bookmark tied to an Advanced Search, checking the "Last Visit" box. For whatever reason that bookmark is much more responsive and quicker than going to the front page. I know that the front page is a work in progress and things will get quicker, but using the Advanced Search as my default landing page is making for a much happier experience for the time being.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #83
                                                                    Getting better, but still getting intermittent time outs and errors (new bookmark).
                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #84
                                                                      tweet embed button not working today i think
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #85
                                                                        Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                        tweet embed button not working today i think
                                                                        Try hitting the tweet button and copy and pasting the actual whole tweet address in btw.I think the script was edited to allow the whole address, not just the number

                                                                        [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1362790850477125632[/TWITTER]
                                                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #86
                                                                          i continue to have more issues on my phone than I do on PC. For instance yesterday on my phone I was trying to quote a post with an embedded tweet and it would continue to try and direct me to the tweet itself. I had no such issues with the same post this morning on my work laptop.
                                                                          Prehistoric

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #87
                                                                            Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                            i continue to have more issues on my phone than I do on PC. For instance yesterday on my phone I was trying to quote a post with an embedded tweet and it would continue to try and direct me to the tweet itself. I had no such issues with the same post this morning on my work laptop.
                                                                            Do you use tapatalk? Just curious
                                                                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #88
                                                                              I was trying to post a gif this morning. Clicked the upload image button and wow what a headache. Took a solid 5 minutes before realizing I can literally just paste the image into the message. What an upgrade that is.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #89
                                                                                Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                I was trying to post a gif this morning. Clicked the upload image button and wow what a headache. Took a solid 5 minutes before realizing I can literally just paste the image into the message. What an upgrade that is.
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                  i continue to have more issues on my phone than I do on PC. For instance yesterday on my phone I was trying to quote a post with an embedded tweet and it would continue to try and direct me to the tweet itself. I had no such issues with the same post this morning on my work laptop.
                                                                                  This was definitely broken on PC yesterday too, I think it should be addressed now.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

                                                                                    Do you use tapatalk? Just curious
                                                                                    I do not (and never have)
                                                                                    Prehistoric

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #92
                                                                                      The Search Tool next to the banner looks awkward and does not appear to work anyways, would take it out for now
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #93
                                                                                        Any way to stop the site from constantly logging me out?

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #94
                                                                                          First time I have been able to visit in damn near two weeks.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                                            Any way to stop the site from constantly logging me out?

                                                                                            So I thought I was getting logged out too, but as soon as I click on a thread, I’m logged in a ready to post

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                                              Any way to stop the site from constantly logging me out?
                                                                                              That's coming from the redirect when you go to irishenvy.com. That will eventually be fixed, but in the meantime as long as you don't leave the forums or front page you should stay logged in. Similarly, even if you get "logged out" I think as soon as you click on a post you should be logged back in by default. Let me know if that isn't the case.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

                                                                                                That's coming from the redirect when you go to irishenvy.com. That will eventually be fixed, but in the meantime as long as you don't leave the forums or front page you should stay logged in. Similarly, even if you get "logged out" I think as soon as you click on a post you should be logged back in by default. Let me know if that isn't the case.
                                                                                                Yeah it appears that I'm only "logged out" on the home page.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #98
                                                                                                  Having some serious issues again getting to front page or main forum screen. Only way I can access the site right now is by going to my history and picking a page I previously visited then navigating through various links on the page (notifications/subscriptions,etc) but server errors galore.
                                                                                                  Prehistoric

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #99
                                                                                                    I keep getting ‘internal server error’ for over 50% of my log in attempts.
                                                                                                    sigpic

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • I’m getting ‘internal server error’ for over 50% of my log in attempts. This occurs for hours at a time.
                                                                                                      sigpic

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X