Testing New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing New Website

Don't mind me, just seeing what new bells and whistles we have now.

ulukinatme

(Looks like the @ functionality is there, but I'm not getting notifications yet. Not worried about it, probably just needs some tweaking. I've been looking at my notification settings)

[Edit] We figured it out last night of course, it was a notification setting. The @ is giving a notification now when someone pings you in a thread! Awesome.

Auto Embed?

Doesn't look like it, but there's a Video link button now:

Looks like the Video link button supports Youtube (Long and Short), Facebook (New and Legacy), Hulu, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Metacafe, and Google it says. Nice!
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-15-2021, 04:43 PM.

Oh shit! We can upload pictures right from the Image button now! That's super convenient.

[EDIT] Hmmm, looks like there's a hard cap of 50 Bytes on image uploads, which seems incredibly small. Might be something that can be tweaked by admins.
    Last edited by ulukinatme; 02-15-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

This is going to take some getting use to! Welcome to 2021 everyone!
      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Also looks like everyone is vbroke now!
        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
          This is going to take some getting use to! Welcome to 2021 everyone!
          They're still working on the configuration, but at least we're working again!

As far as vBucks, they were breaking the old site anyway. Inflation was out of control! Some point when people starting getting to a googolplex amount of vBucks the betting would crash lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

They're still working on the configuration, but at least we're working again!

As far as vBucks, they were breaking the old site anyway. Inflation was out of control! Some point when people starting getting to a googolplex amount of vBucks the betting would crash lol.
            Okay so are we starting over or not bringing that function back? If not I will just be stuck lurking all the time!
            GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post

Okay so are we starting over or not bringing that function back? If not I will just be stuck lurking all the time!
              No idea, vBucks may have been deprecated in later versions of vBulletin, or maybe it's just something that needs to be turned on in the new site.

Also, I did get a notification when you Quoted me, which is cool! Nice heads up feature that we've been lacking:

I just gotta figure out why the @ isn't firing off a notification.

Comment

Someone @ me, testing something.

Comment

ulukinatme test test

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                    ulukinatme test test
                    Ok, cool, it did work that time. Once I turned them on in my notifications I got the pop up on the main forum page. Thanks!

Comment

So going to https://www.irishenvy.com/ doesn't work, seems as if only irishenvy.com/forums/ is working

Comment

testing youtube and gif

youtube link/url
                        https://youtu.be/gvvYMxV6TmI

youtube embed code
                        <iframe width="962" height="541" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gvvYMxV6TmI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gif
                        https://64.media.tumblr.com/0acffc22...i0co6_400.gifv

gif
                        tumblr_pgb888Nidc1sk9i0co2_500.gif
                        Last edited by Irish YJ; 02-15-2021, 12:36 AM.
                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

So going to https://www.irishenvy.com/ doesn't work, seems as if only irishenvy.com/forums/ is working
                          They were mostly interested in just getting the board back up and functional after the transition I'm guessing. May take some more work to make a new homepage.

Comment

yeah i got in through an old bookmark, then navigating to other forums. FP still not working.

Comment

Owners/mods.
                              I'm heading to the pillow soon, but happy to help test tomorrow if you want to supply a list of scenarios/tasks. I see the version is still pretty limited, so if you want to provide version number I can figure out the limitations and test the relevant aspects. I also have a few guys that are pros and can perhaps bounce things off if you're stuck.

Comment

How the hell did y'all make the website look even older? lol

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                  It looks to be just a default vBulletin theme. Honestly I think it looks slicker and more advanced, but not exactly pleasing to the eye and it doesn't have anything Irish in it currently. Give them time to create a new theme and get the banners up and everything.

Comment

Patience grass hopper. Lol Just be glad we can all talk about the team we love to cheer for.

Good work Admins.
                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Good job Mike. The task you undertook was not easy.

Posters.....I would imagine there are a number of configuration/functionality options/settings that still need to be worked on.
                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 02-15-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I miss the look of the old site too. I'll be seeing what I can do to make this place look a bit more like home.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Is this a Pitt Panthers board now?
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

I can't get the site to accept any of my images as an acceptable format. Just gonna be an avatar-less rando now

Comment

I don't want to sound too critical but I hate it. I know this is temporary but the old front page needs to come back please.

Comment

We are fully aware that the color scheme is totally fucked. We'll be working on that and like a hundred other things this week.

Comment

Please be patient gents. Clashmore put in a herculean effort to get us here and there is much more to do. There is still much to import from the old site and much more to do in formatting and setting up.
                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                    Please be patient gents. Clashmore put in a herculean effort to get us here and there is much more to do. There is still much to import from the old site and much more to do in formatting and setting up.
                                                    Thank you for keeping us updated. At least we know what’s going on.

Comment

Hey everyone,

As you all know there have been some MAJOR changes to the forums. The old version of vbulletin had been at its end of life since sometime around 2010, which means there has been no support for it or any of the addons that had been installed since then. Our plan was always to update the version of vbulletin on the site, and our hand was forced into doing that before we had everything up and running after the site was transferred to us. It took longer than any of us wanted it to, and I spent more time yesterday watching the installer install and then upgrade every alpha/beta/final release of every version of vbulletin from 3.7.4 to our current state of 5.6.4 than I really care to admit. Along with these upgrades, every mod or add on that had been installed were disabled and removed from the site, as they were not going to be supported by this version. Included in that is all of the formatting/color schemes that we are all used to seeing as well as the front page the Beau maintained the past few years. As you can see now, the site looks 100% better than when it first went live last night around midnight. Beau has done a good job doing that on the fly while getting used to the new software. We are working on a front page that will load like it used to, and that will be up sometime today. Thank you all for your patience so far, it has been a somewhat tedious and frustrating process for all of us, but we are finally (fingers crossed) on the other side of it now.

Thanks,

clash

Comment

Mike, I'd rep you if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                          Hey everyone,

As you all know there have been some MAJOR changes to the forums. The old version of vbulletin had been at its end of life since sometime around 2010, which means there has been no support for it or any of the addons that had been installed since then. Our plan was always to update the version of vbulletin on the site, and our hand was forced into doing that before we had everything up and running after the site was transferred to us. It took longer than any of us wanted it to, and I spent more time yesterday watching the installer install and then upgrade every alpha/beta/final release of every version of vbulletin from 3.7.4 to our current state of 5.6.4 than I really care to admit. Along with these upgrades, every mod or add on that had been installed were disabled and removed from the site, as they were not going to be supported by this version. Included in that is all of the formatting/color schemes that we are all used to seeing as well as the front page the Beau maintained the past few years. As you can see now, the site looks 100% better than when it first went live last night around midnight. Beau has done a good job doing that on the fly while getting used to the new software. We are working on a front page that will load like it used to, and that will be up sometime today. Thank you all for your patience so far, it has been a somewhat tedious and frustrating process for all of us, but we are finally (fingers crossed) on the other side of it now.

Thanks,

clash
                                                          BTW guys, Mike has been taking care of most of these things for our new collection of owners. He's probably the savviest one of us when it comes to servers, maintenance, etc. So shout out to him for busting his ass this past week.
                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                            Ok, let me see if I can find out how to enable that

edit:
                                                            reputation points have also been eliminated in vb5 without adding a mod. You can like my post for the time being though.:)
                                                            Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-15-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Ok, let me see if I can find out how to enable that :)
                                                              On Tapa there’s a like button. No idea if that counts towards your rep though.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

On Tapa there’s a like button. No idea if that counts towards your rep though.
                                                                Legacy rep points seem to exist, but I think the "like" button currently operates independent of them. We are going to have to evaluate all options, but wouldn't be surprised if we're headed towards some sort of upvote or upvote/downvote system depending on what is easiest to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Legacy rep points seem to exist, but I think the "like" button currently operates independent of them. We are going to have to evaluate all options, but wouldn't be surprised if we're headed towards some sort of upvote or upvote/downvote system depending on what is easiest to implement.
                                                                  This is correct. From what I've seen looking at the vbulletin support forums, reputation has been replaced by likes, so liking a post is the same as giving rep points. Once enough points have been accumulated, you will start to see a bar pop up under your user name. It not green, or red in koonja's case, but orange apparently. This was something that was supposed to be further developed back in 2014 apparently. Not sure at this point if it has been.

Comment

Man I feel old. Just finally figured out today how to get to the new site lol.
                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

clashmore_mike is the new King of IE.

Comment

Ive been robbed of Vbucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                          Savage man just savage. Lmao. :)
                                                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

The vBucks system was untenable anyway, not a big deal if it isn't supported in the new version (no idea if it is or isn't). There was so much inflation that it was breaking vBets if people put too much money down. I say this as someone who was in the Top 10 for richest vBuck people. If it doesn't come back there's no big loss there imo.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Tapatalk is enabled

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Tapatalk is enabled

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                                                                I have never used tapatalk. Does it make it easier?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

For mobile use, it definitely should, and you can get it free.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I encourage anyone who lost their avatar to try uploading a new one by going to their profile and selecting edit avatar. Barring it being too big of a file, you should be able to select a pic and resize it appropriately for the new site.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

Not sure if its easier really, more of a personal preference. I have used it since I've been a member here. VB5 has some stylings for mobile devices that make it easier to post and navigate than the old site too.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Mike et al., I hope y'all didn't take my previous comment to sound ungrateful or belittling the effort y'all put in here. It was meant more as a funny surprise. It's already looking better!

Comment

• #45

Not sure if its easier really, more of a personal preference. I have used it since I've been a member here. VB5 has some stylings for mobile devices that make it easier to post and navigate than the old site too.
                                                                                          Ok thanks you both you and BeauBenken

Comment

• #46

Ok, let me see if I can find out how to enable that

edit:
                                                                                            reputation points have also been eliminated in vb5 without adding a mod. You can like my post for the time being though.:)
                                                                                            You've been "liked"!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                              The vBucks system was untenable anyway, not a big deal if it isn't supported in the new version (no idea if it is or isn't). There was so much inflation that it was breaking vBets if people put too much money down. I say this as someone who was in the Top 10 for richest vBuck people. If it doesn't come back there's no big loss there imo.
                                                                                              My retirement account isn't going to last me. I need those vBucks so I can figure a way to turn them into Bitcoin. lol

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                i am still having terrible load times and multiple server failures. anyone else? also has the "user cp" function went away?
                                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #49

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Twitter button works.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X