PDA

View Full Version : '10 MN DE Tobi Okuyemi (Nebraska Verbal)

The Polish Irishman
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Weakside DE
Plymouth (MN) Wayzata

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 250 lbs
Forty: 4.7 Rivals/4.65 Scout
Bench max: 240 pounds
Squat max: 415 pounds
Vertical: 31 inches
ACT: 25

Rivals: *** 5.5 NR
Scout: *** #67 DE
ESPN: *** #64 DE

Offers:
Iowa Medium
Kentucky
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin

The Polish Irishman
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Will be visiting tomorrow

BCSorBust
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Is there anyway we can trade some of these DE's that are interested in us for just one freaking elite OT.

Then I could sleep well at night knowing this class pretty much is done with just adding in the 5 stars who will commit to us after we start winning (knock on wood).

notredomer23
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Is there anyway we can trade some of these DE's that are interested in us for just one freaking elite OT.

Then I could sleep well at night knowing this class pretty much is done with just adding in the 5 stars who will commit to us after we start winning (knock on wood).

were done with DE recruiting, We have a very solid shot at Stone(IMO he will be Irish), James(its hard to say), and Linder(I think he will be Irish as well). Eric Kohler may end up Irish too. I am not worried to much about OT recruiting, yet.

IrishInFl
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
From what I've heard, I'm certain that Linder will be Irish. But will he play center?

BCSorBust
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah Linder is a center from what I've heard too. I know we are done with DE recruiting which is why I wish we could trade the DE interest for OT interest.

I wish I had your confidence about those recruits, but hey if you feel good about them I won't argue with you. I hope you are right though because I'm a bit worried about it.

NDinL.A.
08-06-2009, 01:03 PM
were done with DE recruiting, We have a very solid shot at Stone(IMO he will be Irish), James(its hard to say), and Linder(I think he will be Irish as well). Eric Kohler may end up Irish too. I am not worried to much about OT recruiting, yet.

I'm not feeling Kohler ND23. I hope he'll be Irish, but we have a huge uphill battle. UW has a lot going for it as far as his recruitment. Truth is, we could lose out on all 4 (that better not be the case), or we could land all 4 (highly doubtful). I think I said this in another thread, but we just have t wait and see with the OTs. 3 of them are waiting to take OV's, so there's no use in stressing right now. If we start losing, then stress. If we win but they take us off their favorites list, then start stressing big time. But for now, chill and enjoy this lonnnnggg month of practice...

Dacian_Irish
08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Linders size will allow him to play OT also..

We still need at least 3 more OL for this class though..

notredomer23
08-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Linder might be listed as a center but got changed to OT now that long ago

jiggafini19
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
ND is recruiting Linder as a tackle.

Okuyemi should probably look into the schools who have offered him and still have a spot available at his position. ND is neither of those to him.

BGIF
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Hard to tell from the posts but this is actually a recruiting thread for DE Tobi Okuyemi.

We've got about 2posts on him and about 8 on OLs/Linder.

Here's a LINK for Linder's profile, http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010-recruiting-profiles/36611-10-fl-c-brandon-linder-official-offer.html#post291098 where it was posted months ago that he was a starter at Center as a soph but as a junior moved to LT, started all 15 games at LT, did not allow a sack, and made All-State as a OT.

Click on the link and it will take you to Linder's profile.

jason_h537
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Hard to tell from the posts but this is actually a recruiting thread for DE Tobi Okuyemi.

Was thinking the same thing. I am nervous about O-line. I like what Stone has had to say about ND and James has now said he will hold and take OV's which should help us. Not sold on Kohler and i hope Linder ends up Irish but this isn't a large pool so a miss really hurts

BillyIrish
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Was thinking the same thing. I am nervous about O-line. I like what Stone has had to say about ND and James has now said he will hold and take OV's which should help us. Not sold on Kohler and i hope Linder ends up Irish but this isn't a large pool so a miss really hurts

hilariously awesome! did you mean to continue the O-line talk?

someone mentioned in another thread that you cant never have enough pass rushers. however, we NEED bodies on the interior! Barr is still out there. Omar is not. DT should be our #1 priority. i dont see where Tobi fits in this group with the prospects we have.

jason_h537
08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah it was intentional. ND has been able to build some depth at DT the last few classes so they have focused on fewer prospects this year. Beau Alle, and Bruce Gaston seem high on us. Louis Nix and Ego Ferguson could be possibilities with a strong year, (i say Nix ends up Irish). So DT is not too much of a concern yet.

irish4ever
08-07-2009, 11:40 AM
i dont see where Tobi fits in this group with the prospects we have.

Agreed! I would think that Chance Carter would taken before Tobi and it sounds as though he may have missed his opportunity w/ the Irish.

BCSorBust
08-07-2009, 12:44 PM

We've got about 2posts on him and about 8 on OLs/Linder.

Here's a LINK for Linder's profile, http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010-recruiting-profiles/36611-10-fl-c-brandon-linder-official-offer.html#post291098 where it was posted months ago that he was a starter at Center as a soph but as a junior moved to LT, started all 15 games at LT, did not allow a sack, and made All-State as a OT.

Click on the link and it will take you to Linder's profile.

Sorry about starting the OL comments. It was kinda a joke about the incredible amount of DE interest we are getting in comparison to the OL interest.

Also, I'll apologize for not remembering that Linder is really an OT since it seems like it really hit a nerve with you. I'm studying for my medical boards right now and it must have slipped my mind.

BGIF
08-07-2009, 02:20 PM
...i dont see where Tobi fits in this group with the prospects we have.

Remember the scramble with Trattou jumped ship? Omar? Little and Little? Et al?

Prospects like Tobi, Will Hampton, and Swigert may not get an opporunity to be Irish because of the number of scholarships offered already. But despite those numbers in front of them, each has demonstrated a desire to spend their dime to come check out ND. There's 6 months left in this recruiting year. Lots can happened.

Carter could be this year's Brian Smith.

One or more of them, and some we aren't tracking yet, may have a stellar season and establish themselves as a blue chip recruit. If so, ND will not have to scramble to find phone numbers and introduce themselves. They've already established a relationship with them - as well as establishing a relationship with that prospect's head coach for next year and the years to come.

BGIF
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry about starting the OL comments. It was kinda a joke about the incredible amount of DE interest we are getting in comparison to the OL interest.

Also, I'll apologize for not remembering that Linder is really an OT since it seems like it really hit a nerve with you. I'm studying for my medical boards right now and it must have slipped my mind.

No, apology needed. If my comment had been directed to you it would have been addressed to you. In your case I was providing a link documenting Linder as OT.

There were a number of regulars speculating about a topic that's been discussed and documented quite a few times. Football success starts in the trenches, particularly the OLine. I expected a hugh haul a few months ago but that doesn't seem likely now. We could end up very short. 6 months to go.

As for Tobi, I'm pleased he made the commitment to visit ND on his dime. I hope he has a great senior season and emerges as a blue chip prospect and edges out one of the NSD deliberators.

BCSorBust
08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Remember the scramble with Trattou jumped ship? Omar? Little and Little? Et al?

Prospects like Tobi, Will Hampton, and Swigert may not get an opporunity to be Irish because of the number of scholarships offered already. But despite those numbers in front of them, each has demonstrated a desire to spend their dime to come check out ND. There's 6 months left in this recruiting year. Lots can happened.

Carter could be this year's Brian Smith.

One or more of them, and some we aren't tracking yet, may have a stellar season and establish themselves as a blue chip recruit. If so, ND will not have to scramble to find phone numbers and introduce themselves. They've already established a relationship with them - as well as establishing a relationship with that prospect's head coach for next year and the years to come.

I really like your point about having guys in the wings. I'm hopeful they will stay there and not commit somewhere else prematurely - or just commit to Stanford because it doesn't seem like that commit means too much. It's a nice change from previous years of hoping that that the class falls apart as opposed to having quality guys like this one with interest even though there may not be a spot in the end.