PDA

View Full Version : '10 DT William Hampton (Northwestern Verbal)

The Polish Irishman
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
'10 DT William Hampton

Defensive tackle
Cypress (TX) Cy-Creek

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 275 lbs
Forty: 4.9

Rivals: http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif, NR, Rating 5.5
Scout: http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif, #63 DT
ESPN Grade: 77, # 45 DT

Offers
Stanford (decommit)
Baylor
Colorado
Colorado St
Duke
Iowa St
Missouri
Nebraska
Northwestern
TCU
Texas Tech
Wake Forest

Others:
Notre Dame

The Polish Irishman
08-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Per ISD:

Will be on campus this Thursday...does not have an ND offer

notredomer23
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Im surprised hes rated that low if he truely runs a 4.9 at that size

Junkhead
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
So he's a stanford verbal, and visiting ND without and offer? Hmmm...

The Polish Irishman
08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
This could put pressure on Allen and Gaston if he is offered. Both are sticking to their plans of visiting other schools.

notredomer23
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
So he's a stanford verbal, and visiting ND without and offer? Hmmm...

he really isnt a stanford verbal. He is more likely to sign with any other team offered besides them i read

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
LOL sounds like Charlie Weis is Stanfords Urban Meyer.

WabashFalcon
08-03-2009, 07:19 PM
His name gives him a regal appearence. I see him as a white male sipping brandy in a smoking jacket while updating his investment portfolio.

BCSorBust
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
he really isnt a stanford verbal. He is more likely to sign with any other team offered besides them i read

Yeah I would imagine since they offer everyone who can qualify for admission the people who commit are just trying to lock up a spot before they are gone. I wouldn't mind having Stanford as a backup though.

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Anyone see film on this kid i mean is he any good?

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
So hes going to be on campus on thursday. who recruits texas for ND anyways

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Tony Alford

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Hows his game film anyone seen them?

NDinL.A.
08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Per ISD, he had a GREAT visit and was really impressed with ND, as was his parents. He talks a lot about education, and unlike many other recruits, he really seems to mean it. He talked to the head of the poly-sci dept for 40 minutes and was very impressed. And like many recruits, he really came away with a great feeling for Charlie Weis. He said what he heard from the media about CW was completely different from the real CW. His parents really liked him as well.

He did not get an offer, but he will remain on contact with the ND staff. The staff will offer him if they lose out on Gaston or Beau. If offered, ND would move to the top of his list along with Stanford...

BCSorBust
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Per ISD, he had a GREAT visit and was really impressed with ND, as was his parents. He talks a lot about education, and unlike many other recruits, he really seems to mean it. He talked to the head of the poly-sci dept for 40 minutes and was very impressed. And like many recruits, he really came away with a great feeling for Charlie Weis. He said what he heard from the media about CW was completely different from the real CW. His parents really liked him as well.

He did not get an offer, but he will remain on contact with the ND staff. The staff will offer him if they lose out on Gaston or Beau. If offered, ND would move to the top of his list along with Stanford...

If you have read any of my other few posts you would know that I LOVE kids who actually want the tough academics and mean it. Sign him up in my opinion if we have space. Kids like this deserve that shot to improve and contribute. Still hope we get the other guys though.

NDinL.A.
08-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Update: Hampton has officially decommitted from Stanford and is no longer even considering them. He has a top 2 of Northwestern and ND, with ND in front. If ND offers, they'd be number 1 solidly. This kid really is all about academics.

There's 2 sides to this: One side will say offer him, we need bodies on the D-Line and we can't be choosy at this point. But I say we wait and continue to evaluate him. The top programs ARE choosy, and that's what ND wants to become...elite. If, after watching him play this season, they still have Gaston and Allen ahead of him, then you wait for their choices, and then offer him if they go elsewhere. If he grades out better than those 2, then you offer him immediately. As BGIF keeps pointing out, there are 6 months left until NSD, and there's still a ton of evaluating to do. Just my opinion...

BGIF
08-08-2009, 05:27 AM
... But I say we wait and continue to evaluate him. The top programs ARE choosy, and that's what ND wants to become...elite. If, after watching him play this season, they still have Gaston and Allen ahead of him, then you wait for their choices, and then offer him if they go elsewhere. If he grades out better than those 2, then you offer him immediately. ...

I agree. ND needs DTs but suddenly has several with interest. Ferguson is ranked as a DE but could become a DT ala Ethan Johnson. Here's the ND DT offers with the Scout and Rivals Rankings.

DT Offers, Scout #, Rivals #
Nix, 11, 12 (Miami Verbal)
C. Smith, 38, 25
Allen, 20, 56
Gaston 34, 42
Utopo 48, 50 (ND Verbal)
Hampton 63, NR

BGIF
08-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Stanford Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=24&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d24%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

From here, I just continue my recruiting process with Notre Dame and Northwestern, those are my final two schools. Right now, I'm leaning towards Notre Dame, and hopefully they'll offer me.

BGIF
08-15-2009, 12:23 AM
per Jake Brown Irish Illustrated 8/14

Will Hampton isnít sure if heíll land a scholarship offer from Notre Dame. And at the moment it doesnít appear to matter. Hampton recently de-committed from Stanford and named a top two of Northwestern and Notre Dame after visiting both campuses. Now the defensive tackle is prepared to delay his decision to see if the Irish will make a move.

IrishAddiction
08-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Im really interested to see how this plays out..... I know we are waiting on the names already out there to see how we handle this, but if we fill up, this kid seems to really want ND as his school.

Would be awesome if we got another great player as a walk on who could earn his scholarship eventually, as we have gotten players the past couple classes that have good offers to their name (Montana, Freeman).

WabashFalcon
08-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Fuck it. Offer him. See if he will be an EE... and let's rock with a DT commit.

irish4ever
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Fuck it. Offer him. See if he will be an EE... and let's rock with a DT commit.

I agree. 3 star interior D-lineman that wants to come to play for ND that much ... sign him up!

jason_h537
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Well when they only want to take two DT and have offers to 4 guys that they feel are better players, why would they offer him now?

OCIrish
08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Well when they only want to take two DT and have offers to 4 guys that they feel are better players, why would they offer him now?

Because chances are that they swing and miss on most of those 4, I don't know that we'll end up with Gaston, Allen,Ferguson, or Nix, none of those guys seem to give off a favorable impression, IMO, and by taking a Hampton, he's not needed right away so he can have a few years in the system as far as I'm concerned to get better. DL as well as OL are kids that for the most part are needed to come in and spend the first 2 years getting stronger and developing their bodies a little more to get ready for the vigors that they will face throughout the season. Seldom do kids come in and excell their first year in college, however we know that there is and always be exceptions to the rule, Young and Robinson are two that come to mind. Ian Williams played his Frosh year, but IMO, would have been better served if he would not have been needed, but because our lack of depth, he was needed to contribute his first year.

jason_h537
08-24-2009, 11:43 PM
We have Ian Williams, Ethan Johnson, Hafis Williams, Sean Cwyner, Brandon Newman, and Tyler Stocktan. all of whom have eligibility left afetr this season. We are getting official Visits from all 4 of the DT's we have left on the board as well as a committment from Justin Utupo (who can sit and develop for 2 0r 3 years) and we are 6 months away from signing day. Why should we offer him again? Would it be better to play it safe and risk turning away a player later on or worse taking away a scholarship from a player that is already committed?

BDIrish4ever
08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately, I agree that we need to sit and wait before offering. He sounds like a great kid who really wants to play for ND, but we need to be true to the offers we already have outstanding.

OCIrish
08-25-2009, 05:09 PM
You made my point, we have a full cupboard now, and don't need someone to come in and have to contribute, we can afford to offer a kid who wants to be here, we'll be lucky to land one of the 4 who have visits set up, you know as well as I do that we've not been all that good when it comes to recruiting DT's, but I do agree about Utupo though, I think he's a sleeper at DT, just waiting for him to grow into it.

IrishAddiction
08-25-2009, 05:13 PM
If this guy wants ND badly enough, he will wait for the offer. He of course wants to do what is right for him, but he seems to really love ND..... We got bigger names out there right now IMO.

OCIrish
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I hope for the teams sake some of these bigger names fuckin commit, according to Rivals, Hampton commited to Northwestern.

IrishAddiction
08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow.... that was fast. Thought he was gonna take a little longer to commit than that, see where other people went. Oh well, link below.

NU lands big Texan (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=980348&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=)

phork
08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Man this kid is jumpy..

Polish Leppy 22
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
what the hell?

NDinL.A.
08-25-2009, 07:48 PM
what the hell?

Damn, he sort of hammered ND on the way out the door! He sent a text message to Steve Wiltfong, but it's premium so I won't copy it, but damn, let's just say he didn't go the politically correct route. Something about the best linemen play in the SEC and the Big Ten, and he chose Northwestern not b/c ND didn't offer, but because Northwestern was simply better. To borrow a line from Martin...."Daaaaaaaaaamn Gina!"

I don't like to bash recruits, and it's not like he lied about loving academics and chose South Florida, he did choose a great academic institution. But Hampton, you're lucky your school that is 'better' isn't playing ND in the next 5 years...

Polish Leppy 22
08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info. It's what I was looking for.

Fitzgerald is turning that once sad program around a bit. Hampton's no 5 star difference maker, but ND may regret not offering this kid sooner if one of those 4 DT's doesn't commit.

Again, this may not be over.