PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA WR Anthony Jefferson (UCLA Commit)

BGIF
07-11-2009, 04:18 AM
ATHLETE (WR/S)
Los Angeles (CA) Cathedral

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 180
Forty: 4.5
Bench: 250

GPA: 3.0
Test: June

RANKING:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #14 ATH Rating 5.8
Scout::s::s::s:, #54 WR
ESPN: :s::s::s:, #44 S, Grade 77

STATISTICS:
'08 Offense: 40 catches, 639 yds, 4 TD; Defense 55 Tackles, 4 Ints, 2 Sacks

OFFERS: OU, UTN, UW, ASU, SDS
UCLA (OV 1/15/10
Arizona (OV 1/22/10)
CAL (OV 10/2)
Oregon (OV 9/25)
Arizona
Oklahoma
San Diego St
Tenessess
Southern Cal (camp '09)
Washington

OTHERS: ND

ND Recruiter: Polian

Decision: 2/3/10 UCLA

BGIF
07-11-2009, 04:23 AM
N.B. This thread is for WR Anthony Jefferson from CA Los Angeles Cathedral HS and not Safety Tony Jefferson from CA Chula Vista Eastlake

BGIF
07-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Scout.com: Jefferson High On USC (http://usc.scout.com/2/862976.html)
5/6 by Kevin Carden SCPlaybook.com

Jefferson made any unoffical visit to USC spring practice and left with an offer

I was just at their practice with Pete Carroll and Coach Richard, we started talking and they decided to offer me. It was real exciting because that was one of my top schools since the beginning and they finally offered me, so it was a good deal. I just like that they are always winning. I like the way that they run the whole program and everything about them.

He has offers from UCLA, UAZ ASU CAL and SDS, and is being recruited by some schools as a WR, but said the USC coaches like his potential as a CB. At 6-2, 180 Jefferson has the long, athletic frame that Carroll likes.

Ken Norton Jr. is recruiting Jefferson for USC and they have built a strong relationship.

Ken Norton is a great guy. We always talk about what I want to do and how I feel about everything. He’s a good recruiting coach and we have a good relationship. It’s a good thing to know that he’s not going to tell me wrong because he has been through the process already. I know that he is giving the best advice that he could possibly give me.

Jefferson plans to take visits before making a decision.

BGIF
07-11-2009, 04:40 AM
DB Shaw getting nation-wide interest - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4319698&name=West_Recruiting)

7/10 Per Greg Biggins ESPN

Jefferson is a two way athlete (CB/WR) who knows were he wants to visit.

I haven't set up any of my official visits yet but I have a good idea who I'll be visiting. I've been to USC a ton of times and it's so close to home so I think I'll just use an unofficial visit there. The five right now I would visit would be UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. I know UCLA and Cal are local too, especially UCLA, but I haven't spent a lot of time at either campus and I think it would be good to visit there officially so I can learn more about each of the schools.

After he takes the SAT he firm up his the visits.

Right now, I'm just gathering information about all these schools. I want to learn as much as I can and watch them play in the fall and that will help me with my decision.

ND could use more recruits waiting to see how successful Charlie Weis and the Irish will be in '09.

NDinL.A.
07-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm very familiar with this kid, as he plays about 10 minutes from my work, and a lot of my former (male) students attend his school. It's a decent academic school, and much improved, but not on the same level as rival Loyola H.S., home of Anthony Barr. His school always does a good job of recruiting one or 2 stellar athletes, and Jefferson is the one on this year's team. The only thing holding up an ND offer is apparently the SAT. He's a very good athlete, but also will be a tough get from USC...

texas fighting irish
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Are we going to offer him any time soon?

NDinL.A.
07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Are we going to offer him any time soon?

We're still in contact with him, in fact he was one of the guys Martin had talking to Cach Brown this weekend. Apparently ND is still waiting on his SAT score, but then again that is the rumor you hear, not necessarily a fact...

Brown
07-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Cathedral High hits home. My Uncle and Cousin both attended there -- my Uncle was a standout LB on the varsity team his final 2 years. He wasn't athletic enough to make it at the next level, but now is a DC for another local high school (Roosevelt High, in East LA).

I recently moved from Los Angeles area to Dallas, TX. Always nice to read posts that remind me of home.

texas fighting irish
08-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Is Jefferson any good are just a name being tossed around?

Dacian_Irish
08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Isn't he a 4* athlete on Rivals? If he is a package deal with J. Shaw he is definitely worth an offer.

NDinNM
08-01-2009, 04:21 PM
He is a 4 star on rivals as an athlete which means he could potentially play safety or another secondary position. I want ND to offer this guy soon, but it might be awhile because I think The recruiting staff is waiting to see what Riggs, Shaw, Riley and Parker decide to do. They also may be waiting to see what McCay and Prater do if they are looking for him on offense

texas fighting irish
08-02-2009, 12:08 AM
So jefferson and shaw are a package deal...

jason_h537
08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
No, i don't know much about Jefferson other than he is an athlete but i have not read anything that would suggest they are a package deal

WabashFalcon
08-02-2009, 10:46 AM
It has been mentioned that he and Shaw wanna play together... don't remember the article, but he said something like "soon as my boi Jeff gets an offer, we're going to ND!?!?". Don't quote me. My memory is poop.

texas fighting irish
08-02-2009, 11:57 AM
thats pretty cool if thats the case i read that jefferson has said that we offered already dont know how true that is

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Says he already has an offeralthough it is not confirmed by any site. Says his visists will be Notre Dame, Oregon, Cal and maybe Oklahoma. No dates have been set yet

The Polish Irishman
08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Does not have ND offer, but apparently will if he takes an OV to ND

WabashFalcon
08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
This kid looked DAMN good during the Gridiron Kings 7-on-7. Hell... if it truly is a package deal, sign him up.

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
This is the thing about recruiting. Its a marathon. With all the talk of all these 3 stars people forget that we are still half a year away from signing day. In the last month alone we have significantly improved our standing with Sean Parker, Josh Shaw and Jordan James. Prince Shembo has been upgraded to 4 star status and now Ego Ferguson, Dietrich Riley, and Justin McCay have publicly stated we will get visits. Add in another 4 star in Anthony Jefferson that no one saw coming and we are once again talking top 10 or 5 class.

OCIrish
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Not to mention, that with the lower stars, it doesn't mean they won't be damned good players, it just means they aren't ready for it as fast as others. Mike Richardson is one person that comes to mind. He was a 2* coming out of HS, and by the time his 4th and 5th years rolled around, I thought he was our best CB, by far.

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
What was brady quinn rated out of high school. As long as we get a visit i think we have a chance with Jefferson maybe hanguing out with Martin and Badger and talking to coach brown it had a great impact on his choice...

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Quinn was a 4 star i believe the 10th rated qb on rivals that year.

BGIF
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Since his profile was opened Anthony Jefferson has gone from WR to ATH and/or Safety depending upon which service you reference. Regardless of position he's risen in each evaluation.

Rivals: From 3 Star #51 WR, 5.7 Rating to 4 Star #16 ATH Rating 5.8
Scout : From 3 Star #56 WR to 3 Star #54 WR
ESPN: From 40, not evaluated to 3 Star, #44 S, Grade 77

jason_h537
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
i like him. Was really impressed with his play at the Gridiron Kings and saw some highlights, plus he's from Cali.

Dacian_Irish
08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm with you guys. I hope they offer. You can never have enough athletes on the team.

WabashFalcon
08-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackage Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll.