PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL WR Kadron Boone (LSU Commit)

NDinL.A.
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
'10 FL WR Kadron Boone
Trinity Catholic H.S. (Ocala, FL)

Ht: 6-1
Wt: 190
40: 4.5

Ranking:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #12 WR, Rating 5.9
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #15 WR
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #15 WR, Grade 81

Stats: 57 rec, 1200 yds, 14 TD's

Offers:
Texas Tech (Decommit; OV 9/5/10)
West Virginia (OV 1/22/10)
Georgia (OV 1/15/10)
Louisville (OV 1/8/10)
LSU (OV 1/29/10)

Cincinnati
Clemson
Florida
Miami
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oregon
South Carolina

Combine results (2008)
Height: 5-11.5
Weight: 184
40-Yard Dash: 4.62
Short Shuttle: 4.47
Vertical Jump: 25.5"
3-Cone: 7.53
Broad Jump: 8-10

ND Recruiter: Alford

Decision: LSU

NDinL.A.
07-08-2009, 06:14 PM
This, from Scout:

Biography:
Kadron Boone finished his junior season with 51 receptions for 1,287 yards and 19 total touchdowns after missing his entire sophomore season with a torn right ACL. He helped lead his team to the Class 2B state title game and was names FSWA 2B First Team All-State. Boone says he can bench 290-pounds, squat 500 and claims a 38-inch vertical jump. Boone also runs track (10.8 100m; 22.1 200m; 21-9 long jump) and plays basketball (shooting guard, averages 18 points and 11 rebounds). I may do track and football, Boone said. Track helps keep me in shape.

Boone plans on majoring in either business or sports medicine and reports a 3.3 core GPA and a 17 ACT, which he will retake.

Boone: I have great quickness. But Im still working on my explosiveness since my injury. I want to work on getting better separation from the defenders and break away faster.

When defensive backs look at me they think Im just a big receiver, but dont realize I can move. When the ball is in the air, I go get it.

NDinL.A.
07-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I swore I did a profile on him months ago, but the profile, along with that of WR Brandon Coleman, is nowhere to be found.

Anyways, there's a ton of conflicting info on Boone out there. Just yesterday, Rivals had him with a top 7, without ND. Then it came out that he had a top 8, and we were in it. Many ND websites said we had no shot.

Now Steve Wiltfong has a report that he talked to Boone, and that Boone is very interested in the Irish. He thinks Coach Alford is a great guy, and that he appreciates how he gets back to him every time Boone has a question about ND. He's looking to cut his list by the end of them month/early August to about 3-5 schools, then he'll take his OV's before he makes a decision. From 30 offers, these are the 8 teams that made the first cut: Notre Dame, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina and Miami.

It looks like FL is the school to beat here, but ND, while we're a long shot, still has a heartbeat here, and a stronger heartbeat than many thought before today...

BGIF
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
... Anyways, there's a ton of conflicting info on Boone out there. Just yesterday, Rivals had him with a top 7, without ND. Then it came out that he had a top 8, and we were in it. Many ND websites said we had no shot.

Now Steve Wiltfong has a report that he talked to Boone, and that Boone is very interested in the Irish. He thinks Coach Alford is a great guy, and that he appreciates how he gets back to him every time Boone has a question about ND. He's looking to cut his list by the end of them month/early August to about 3-5 schools, then he'll take his OV's before he makes a decision. From 30 offers, these are the 8 teams that made the first cut: Notre Dame, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina and Miami. ...

Another day, another list, another number. This one says 10 teams but it only lists 9. It's from ESPN affliate, TheBigSpur.com, which is a South Carolina. This list adds Cinncinati to the ones in the previous post. Some of the number discrepancy may come from this qualifer where Boone noted "... are the schools I am mainly looking at (emphasis added) now." Boone says he hopes to have the list down to 5 by the end of the month.

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail?cat=null&display=50&date=null&month=07102009&set=0&fullmonth=null)

Four schools are mentioned in that article:

SCA
I think I'm probably going to visit South Carolina after I cut it down again. I have a good feeling right now that they will still be in the race when I cut it down. I'm really high on them right now.

UF
Florida has a great coaching staff. I really like how they use their best players and how they plan on using me in their offense. I understand it is part of the process that you are not always going to have a spot. I realize they are recruiting other receivers besides me and that is something that I can't control.

UGA

Tony Ball is a great guy. I didn't know much about Georgia until he started talking to me. He is really straight up with me and has told me a lot of things about Georgia.

TT

Texas Tech throws the ball a lot. They go four or five wide the whole game. I like the way the coaches are running things at Texas Tech. I like how they are going about recruiting me and how they plan on using me.

WabashFalcon
07-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey... let's just ask Kadron when he comes around the boards again! Easy solution... right? RIGHT?

NDinL.A.
07-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey... let's just ask Kadron when he comes around the boards again! Easy solution... right? RIGHT?

I forgot about that! Good call LOL...

NDinL.A.
08-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Verballed to Texas Tech today...

jason_h537
08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Had him Florida all the way

WabashFalcon
08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Well... I wonder when Kadron is going to come back to the board to ask about ND. Perhaps he will give us a cost/benefit analysis of why he chose TT over Florida, ND, etc.

mbeckha
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Im saying BK is gonna give him a call and see if he wants reconsider his options.

irish4ever
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Well... I wonder when Kadron is going to come back to the board to ask about ND. Perhaps he will give us a cost/benefit analysis of why he chose TT over Florida, ND, etc.

Yeah it can't be because of coaching changes (CW gone and Urban Liar on "indefinite leave") now the Leach has been canned! :)

WabashFalcon
12-30-2009, 03:04 PM
KADRON BOONE.... COMEEEEEE BAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK....

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
He's too similar a player to Jackson and Jones, and I think Jones is a much better prospect. If we do take another receiver, it has to be a big possesion-type guy. Cough cough Prater/Flowers!

mat33
12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
He's too similar a player to Jackson and Jones, and I think Jones is a much better prospect. If we do take another receiver, it has to be a big possesion-type guy. Cough cough Prater/Flowers!

But I think that BK's offence prefers smaller quicker guys, rather than the big possesion guys. I don't think he would turn away a stud like a Prater, but he prefers the smaller guys like TJ Jones.

NDinL.A.
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Boone is already wavering, but sadly, he's not considering ND. However, he was considering Cinci, so you never know. I personally doubt he's coming to the midwest, but stranger things have happened. Here's a snippet from a SI article today:

Did Leach's firing change Boone's mind about playing for Texas Tech? "I'll probably call my recruiter [Red Raiders receivers coach Lincoln Riley] tonight and see what's going on," Boone said. "Then I'll go back home and talk to my parents about it and just go from there."

Boone also considered Florida, Miami, LSU, Cincinnati and South Carolina before he committed to Texas Tech. "I'll look into all of them," Boone said.

Maddog77
01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Boone is already wavering, but sadly, he's not considering ND. However, he was considering Cinci, so you never know. I personally doubt he's coming to the midwest, but stranger things have happened. Here's a snippet from a SI article today:

Correction, ISD now reporting that Boone is interested in ND. Boone listed Notre Dame, Miami, LSU, Florida, Louisville, West Virginia and Cincinnati as schools now in the mix. We'll have to see if BK sets up an in home or he comes on an official visit. With us already interested in Dionte Ponder (his cousin), I think there might be a chance he ends up at ND.

BGIF
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Per Gerry Hamilton Yahoo.com

Under Armour All-American receiver Kadron Boone (Ocala, Fla./Trinity Catholic) remains committed to Texas Tech, but is still taking visits. The No. 96 prospect in the ESPNU 150 tripped to Louisville last weekend. That was Boone's first visit since the coaching change in Lubbock.

The 6-foot-1, 202-pounder will be back on the road this weekend visiting LSU. Recently-hired receivers coach Billy Gonzales is recruiting Boone. The trip to Baton Rouge will not be the last for the four-star prospect because Boone is talking with West Virginia and Georgia about visit dates on Jan. 22 and 29.

BGIF
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Boone is already wavering, but sadly, he's not considering ND. However, he was considering Cinci, so you never know. I personally doubt he's coming to the midwest, but stranger things have happened. ...

He's running out of weekends and OVs.

Texas Tech (OV 9/5/10)
Louisville (OV 1/8/10)
LSU (OV 1/15/10)
West Virginia (OV 1/22/10 Tentative)
Georgia (OV 1/29/10 Tentative)