PDA

View Full Version : '10 IL QB Sean Robinson (Purdue Verbal)

BGIF
06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Dual QB
Rochester IL

Ht: 6-5
Wt: 205
40: 4.55
Bench: 250
Squat: 32
Vertical:
GPA: 3.2
TEST: 21 ACT

COMBINE:
Forty:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
3Cone:
Broad Jump:

Star Ratings
Rivals: 3 Star, #10 Dual, 5.7 Rating
Scout: 3 Star, #30
ESPN: 78

Statistics
2007 - 33 catches, 501 yd, 15.2 ypc
2008 - Rushing 1071yd, 8 TD; Passing 1523yd, 16TD
2009 -

OFFERS: BC, ILL, IOW, KU, ISU, LOU, NU, NWcamp, NIU, PU, SU, SYR, VU, WSU, WIS, CMU, TOL, AF, BALL

OTHERS: ND 7on7camp, UM

DECISION: 7/6/09 Purdue

jason_h537
06-29-2009, 01:18 AM
was gonna open a thread on him but saw you were creating one, figured it was him. Don't know much about the kid except that he is listed as a dual threat QB. Any info on his speed?

BGIF
06-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Robinson has been getting lots of interest and appears to be reciprocating with just about all of them. He's another prospect for ND to fill the wish of 2 QB in the Class of2010. He was at the 7-on-7 tournament held at ND on 6/27. He told Jake Brown of IrishIllustrated.com that he thought he did well.

He's a spread QB that ESPN's evaluation notes does well in the shotgun. He has size of a prototypical Pro Passer and although he has a strong arm at this point he's a better running QB than a passer. ESPN doesn't mention it but in '07 Robinson was a receiver hauling in 33 catches for 15+ ypc.

ESPN sees him as a Tim Tebow like QB which is interesting as Urban supposedly is putting Tebow under to center to either adjust to current players or to showcase him as a Pro Prospect playing a schedule comparable to ND's.

Robinson says in another report that he will take official visits so he has time to see how Tebow does under center and how ND's offense does under the new OC.

The ESPN evaluation is worth the read

Sean Robinson - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=92008&season=2010)

They rate him a 78 which is just outside their 150 Watchlist.

BGIF
06-29-2009, 01:29 AM
was gonna open a thread on him but saw you were creating one, figured it was him. Don't know much about the kid except that he is listed as a dual threat QB. Any info on his speed?

Scout lists him at 4.55 and 6-4 an inch shorter than Rivals.

Haven't found any Combine data, just his claims for bench and vertical.

BGIF
06-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Some other pluses:

He's a kid from snow country
His 3.2 GPA/21 ACT were good enough for a Stanford offer
With all the offers he has if he's coming to, it's to be the #1 QB.

Pssst (he got the build, hands, and feet, to play WR now or grow into a TE)

dyrtdogg
06-29-2009, 03:37 AM
Some other pluses:

His 3.2 GPA/21 ACT were good enough for a Stanford offer
/SIZE])

Honestly, does getting a Stanford offer really mean that much given what we are seeing this year in their carpet-bombing of offers across the fruited plain?

jason_h537
06-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Honestly, does getting a Stanford offer really mean that much given what we are seeing this year in their carpet-bombing of offers across the fruited plain?

I think he meant his grades were good enough for a Stanford offer

dyrtdogg
06-29-2009, 04:01 AM
I think he meant his grades were good enough for a Stanford offer

I understood that, but my point is that a Stanford offer may not actually mean they are qualified academically to be accepted into Stanford or, for that matter, ND. The rate at which offers are being sent out from the Farm leads me to question (and I doubt I'm the only one) whether or not Harbaugh is consulting with admissions before offering kids.

BostonND
06-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Without knowing what I'm talking about, would taking a second, probably not that great QB in this class hurt our chances of landing an elite one in the next?

NDinL.A.
06-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I understood that, but my point is that a Stanford offer may not actually mean they are qualified academically to be accepted into Stanford or, for that matter, ND. The rate at which offers are being sent out from the Farm leads me to question (and I doubt I'm the only one) whether or not Harbaugh is consulting with admissions before offering kids.

You're absolutely right. He's offering kids that might be able to get in, and he'll deal with admin later. That's what happened to Gafney last year, who committed and then had to wait awhile to see if he was accepted (he was).

Stanford was well over 200 offers last time I checked, which is simply unbelievable. How much does a Stanford offer really mean? I will say this though, although they have several low rated players, they do have a few really nice gets, including Carrington and Badger (who is on campus as we speak; hopefully we can flip him)...

IrishInFl
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Without knowing what I'm talking about, would taking a second, probably not that great QB in this class hurt our chances of landing an elite one in the next?

No.

Chucks first recruiting class included two QB's: Demetrius Jones and Zack Frazier, both of whom transferred. The following class we got Jimmy, the #1 prospect in the country.

IrishAddiction
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
heck yea, if we are going to take another QB in this class it might as well be him. seems like a hell of an athlete..... anyone know what type of competition he is playing against? he has an pretty good offer list...

jason_h537
06-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Stanford was well over 200 offers last time I checked, which is simply unbelievable. How much does a Stanford offer really mean? I will say this though, although they have several low rated players, they do have a few really nice gets, including Carrington and Badger (who is on campus as we speak; hopefully we can flip him)...

How can you even recruit 200 guys? How can you keep a relationship with a player with that many offers out? I thought one of our problems this year was that we offered so many players that we wouldnt be able to give players the personal attention to make them feel Notre Dame was truly interested in them. But 200 offers, wow

NDinL.A.
06-29-2009, 07:00 PM
But 200 offers, wow

Dude, over 240 offers!!!! Unreal! Shit, I'm camping there in 2 weeks in order to get an offer. I hear if I have a pulse and decent grades I'm in. My niece even thinks she's in line for an offer!

BGIF
06-30-2009, 04:31 AM

A second QB is desireable this year as ND only has 2 scholarship QBs, Clausen and Crist, which is dangerously thin. The objective is one a year but when you have transfers and whiff a year the balanced depth is gone. Keep in mind ND can't bring in a JUCO to plug in like OU did a couple of years ago.

It seems like ND has had a QB imbalance on the depth chart since Davie got "Leaked". When Jarious Jackson went down there was no serviceable QB behind him. Lovecchio filled in as a freshman when Holiday got hurt. Then Lovecchio left in a snit. Quinn was forced to play early. Clausen was forced to play early with a bad wing.

An elite QB prospect isn't concerned about backups. He might be concerned if Hendrix has a stellar senior season and AA bowl game and jumps in the ratings.

jason_h537
06-30-2009, 06:38 PM
A second QB is desireable this year as ND only has 2 scholarship QBs, Clausen and Crist, which is dangerously thin. The objective is one a year but when you have transfers and whiff a year the balanced depth is gone. Keep in mind ND can't bring in a JUCO to plug in like OU did a couple of years ago.

It seems like ND has had a QB imbalance on the depth chart since Davie got "Leaked". When Jarious Jackson went down there was no serviceable QB behind him. Lovecchio filled in as a freshman when Holiday got hurt. Then Lovecchio left in a snit. Quinn was forced to play early. Clausen was forced to play early with a bad wing.

An elite QB prospect isn't concerned about backups. He might be concerned if Hendrix has a stellar senior season and AA bowl game and jumps in the ratings.

Doesn't it seem we keep answering this question

BGIF
07-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Illinois quarterback picks Purdue | jconline.com | Journal and Courier (http://jconline.com/article/20090707/SPORTS020101/907070321)

He verballed to PU on Wednesday but made the announcement formal Monday. He has 23 offers including Northwestern, Iowa, Nebraska, BC, Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Louisville, Stanford and Vanderbilt. He plans to study education to become a football coach in the future.

Some places didn't have a lot to offer and some had world-beater facilities. The whole (Purdue) campus itself as a whole is really beautiful. The town is not a huge Chicago-type area, but there's plenty of stuff to do.

I think Purdue is kind of Quarterback U. Part of my decision was definitely because of the success they've had in the past. I am going to be around great quarterbacks the rest of my life, especially at a school like Purdue.

Rochester FB Coach Derek Leonard on Robinson:

He is not (Florida quarterback) Tim Tebow, but that's the type of quarterback he is. He truly doesn't have a weakness. He has plenty of room to build on a lot of things, but every intangible that everyone looks at, he does. He has a chance to be an NFL-caliber type of player one day.

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Illinois quarterback picks Purdue | jconline.com | Journal and Courier (http://jconline.com/article/20090707/SPORTS020101/907070321)

He verballed to PU on Wednesday but made the announcement formal Monday. He has 23 offers including Northwestern, Iowa, Nebraska, BC, Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Louisville, Stanford and Vanderbilt. He plans to study education to become a football coach in the future.

Rochester FB Coach Derek Leonard on Robinson:

Well... good for the kid. He will have many nights filled with the Neon Cactus, Where Else?, Charlie's Chocolate Shop, Brothers, Five Irish Brothers, the Black Crow...

Man... I need to stop drinking... especially seeing as he wants to be a teacher and football coach like myself...

IrishAddiction
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
did he even camp at ND?

BGIF
07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
did he even camp at ND?

He was at a 7 on 7 camp at ND the weekend of June 26th.

OCIrish
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Well... good for the kid. He will have many nights filled with the Neon Cactus, Where Else?, Charlie's Chocolate Shop, Brothers, Five Irish Brothers, the Black Crow...

Man... I need to stop drinking... especially seeing as he wants to be a teacher and football coach like myself...
Uh, you also forgot to mention Chance's Are, or the Hugger over in Kokomo

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Uh, you also forgot to mention Chance's Are, or the Hugger over in Kokomo

I was trying to keep my post PG-13. The Hugger makes this one rated XXX. In that dirty shack, beautiful women all but PAY you to touch their naked bodies... and private dances are a dry humping that turn into foolage. Best strip culb in America. HANDS DOWN. Plus, two dollar you call 'em pitchers... Heaven.