PDA

View Full Version : '10 IL QB Tommy Rees (Notre Dame Man)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

BGIF
06-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Quarterback
Lake Forest, IL; Lake Forest HS

Ht: 6-3
Wt: 192

Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s:; #31 Pro QB; Rating 5.7
Scout: :s::s::s:; #49 QB
ESPN: :s::s::s:; #38 QB, Grade 78

Statistics
'08: 2200 Yards, 22 TD
'09: 215-of-308 passes for 2,572 yards, 23 TD

Offers
Notre Dame (Verbal; 7/7; Rob Ianello)
Tennessee
Stanford
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Miami (OH)

Links of Interest
Article: Rees goes with gut, picks Irish (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=625&category_id=7&Itemid=83)
IrishIllustrated.com - Irish add second QB (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=962784)

jason_h537
06-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Seems like where starting to reach a bit doesn't it?

BGIF
06-14-2009, 02:04 AM

Depends on perspective. Hendrix is the only outstanding offer isn't he?

ND better be reaching if they're are going to fill two QB slots this year. I'd expect a disparity in talent level if two are taken.

ND watched Thomas throw and didn't offer. Montana opted to UW early in the week. If ND was desparate wouldn't they have offered Thomas? There were 6-8 other names mentioned during May.

Rees, Rettig, Massa, and Robinson are coming to camp to make their claim. There could be other QB campers. Doesn't it make sense to study them in camp then watch their senior year for progress?

jason_h537
06-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Not trying to knock these kids. Rettig is really the only QB ive seen so i cant say what there potential level is. Just seems this years QB class seems very weak. Hopefully the camp will bring out the best in these kids and at least come away with a reliable QB who can play back up. Montana, Thomas, and Gardner were really the only QB's i liked this year so maybe im just put off by the rest of the quarterbacks.

BGIF
06-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Not trying to knock these kids. Rettig is really the only QB ive seen so i cant say what there potential level is. Just seems this years QB class seems very weak. Hopefully the camp will bring out the best in these kids and at least come away with a reliable QB who can play back up. Montana, Thomas, and Gardner were really the only QB's i liked this year so maybe im just put off by the rest of the quarterbacks.

It doesn't read as a knock. The services have commented that it is a thin QB class. There's at least two of them Massa and I think Robinson that missed most of last season due to injuries. So they're lagging in the stat department that generates early offers. They may have to wait to until fall to show they can make a cut and throw off that knee/ankle and take a hit.

On the other hand with a thin class how long to you gamble on waiting.

Do you wait for Hendrix to make up his mind or do you offer anyway?

Irish52
06-14-2009, 03:24 PM
IMO, we wait on Hendrix and if unsuccessful in getting him, we forgo a qtrbk. for the 10 class. Next year, we should have lots of opportunity for a 4 or 5*...that is, if we don't piddle around on the offers.

Synoptico
06-14-2009, 04:54 PM
IMO, we wait on Hendrix and if unsuccessful in getting him, we forgo a qtrbk. for the 10 class. Next year, we should have lots of opportunity for a 4 or 5*...that is, if we don't piddle around on the offers.

CAN'T miss QB two classes in a row. Last year when we missed we said "wait until next year." Next year is not guaranteed. We need one at least.

What happens if Clausen leaves after this year, then crist gets hurt?

Then this board goes into meltdown mode on "why didn't we take another QB?"

jason_h537
06-14-2009, 05:05 PM
You need another scholarship QB. This is not enitrely about who has got next after Crist, this is also about having a reliable third and even fourth string quarterback on the roster. We want to be a program that reloads not one that has to replace.

tko
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
CAN'T miss QB two classes in a row. Last year when we missed we said "wait until next year." Next year is not guaranteed. We need one at least.

then we watch Montana's son rise to glory

Synoptico
06-14-2009, 11:25 PM
then we watch Montana's son rise to glory

Or tumble in flames.

Do you really want to bank Notre Dame football on a nonscholarship player?

Any argument that he is good just because of his dad is false. Children of stars rarely amount to what their parents have.

I personally would rather never know what Montana can do. He has the chance to prove he is worthy of playing time everyday in practice. There is a reason is isnt on scholarship. People keep saying he will be our next Rudy, but let's be realistic people. How many nonscholarship players in college football make a big impact?

How many people would want a non scholarship QB starting?

People only like him because of his father. He is not Joe.

BGIF
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Or tumble in flames.

Any argument that he is good just because of his dad is false. Children of stars rarely amount to what their parents have.

I personally would rather never know what Montana can do. He has the chance to prove he is worthy of playing time everyday in practice. There is a reason is isnt on scholarship. People keep saying he will be our next Rudy, but let's be realistic people. How many nonscholarship players in college football make a big impact?

Amen.

"People say he will be our next Rudy, but let's be realistic people."

Let's be. I love the movie, "Rudy". Classic story of triumph over adversity. That said, who here would start a Ruettiger caliber athlete over Ethan Johnson?

Too hypothetical, okay there's a Rudy on the team now, Special Teams uber athlete Mike Anello. Now Anello is listed as CB. Show of hands as to who would start him ahead of McNeill, Walls, Gray, Blanton, Slaughter, Banks, and probably half the safeties? If all of them went down, I could see a RB or WR being moved to CB ahead of Anello starting there.

Nate may improve his game but based upon the Spring Game he's got a long way to go.

tko
06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Or tumble in flames.

no, i don't want to see us that deep on the chart. i was tired beyond belief and decided to send that out, my mistake.

coachdaspags
06-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Bill Rees is a star as an NFL scout, so what's your point? Tommy can't be good?

BGIF
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Bill Rees is a star as an NFL scout, so what's your point? Tommy can't be good?

If your post is about the post preceding yours, http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010-recruiting-profiles/44152-10-il-qb-tommy-rees.html#post291069

I believe they were talking about the Montana's, father and son, not the Rees family. I don't think Rees was discussed past the 3rd post in this thread. I don't think anybody know anything about him other than the info in the opening post.

irishfan
07-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I Heard Rees may be in line for an offer very soon. Not positive, but just what I heard.

NDinL.A.
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Rees is claiming an ND offer...

notredomer23
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
sounds like his offer is almsot official. As well as 3 MAC offers, he also has an offer from Tennessee and an offer from Stanford. My dead grandma also received her offer from Stanford today

The Polish Irishman
07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Frank said ND would have an QB offer out shortly

irish4ever
07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
My dead grandma also received her offer from Stanford today

Is she considered Pro Style or Dual? How many stars per Rivals and Scout?

BGIF
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Steve Hare

7/2
Notre Dame Football: IrishIllustrated.com - Notre Dame Football (http://notredame.rivals.com/)

Throughout the recruiting process Notre Dame has planned to sign two quarterbacks in the recruiting class of 2010. The Irish recently received the verbal commitment of Andrew Hendrix to fill one of those spots. Now, following an outstanding camp performance, they have extended a scholarship offer to Tommy Rees of Lake Forest, Ill.

BGIF
07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
5/29/08 Central Michigan offers QB Tommy Rees posted by Kyle Warber

Tommy Rees dad is Bill Rees former Cleveland Brown Director of Player Personnel and former UCLA coach. Among players evaluated by Rees is a QB named Brady Quinn.

He could be an athletic pocket passer. He can move around and get out of trouble. He is a very accurate passer with arm ability. He can throw with touch and velocity and can throw deep. A college coach must ask: 'Does he fit into what we are doing?

Apparently Charlie Weis sees Rees fitting into his offense!

Tommy would like an offer from UCLA ("Dream School") where his dad coached. He's comfortable staying in the Midwest playing for a MAC school but wants to play with the big dogs.

Tommy Rees on the MAC and BCS conferences:

The MAC is a great conference. They've produced a lot of great quarterbacks. But I also feel I have the ability and competitive drive to play in a BCS conference. I don't doubt it at all.

WabashFalcon
07-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Umm... Nate Davis. Ben Rothlisberger. Lafeaver. Terrible Spelling. Any others?

jason_h537
07-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich (In college at least)

coachdaspags
07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
yea we'll see, he has an offer and its legit! Besides we all know he's beyond ND's level. Theres no way your dead grandma got an offer from stanford we asked! They want Tommy!

Coachdaspags much love peas out crackalackas

NDinL.A.
07-06-2009, 12:04 AM
yea we'll see, he has an offer and its legit! Besides we all know he's beyond ND's level. Theres no way your dead grandma got an offer from stanford we asked! They want Tommy!

Next time you're here dude, please speak English. I have no clue what point you were trying to make...

IrishInFl
07-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Sounds like he speaks jive...

YouTube - Stewardess. I speak Jive! Airplane! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfDCRAtODa0)

NDinL.A.
07-06-2009, 12:56 AM

I hope you're not a Stanford fan. It sounds like you are, but then again I don't speak jibberish so who knows?

But the update on Rees, per ISD, is that he has us in his top 3, with Stanford and Tennessee, and he's going to announce sometime later this week. Considering he just camped with us in order to get the offer, I'd say ND looks very good here, and our QB depth numbers will be solid again...

jason_h537
07-06-2009, 01:05 AM
he's going to announce sometime later this week.

Whoa, where did you here this? any day in particular?

NDinL.A.
07-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Here you go:

But the update on Rees, per ISD,

Don't know the date. Wiltfong, who IMO is the best right now at talking to recruits and getting the best info on ND recruiting, didn't say the date of his announcment...

OCIrish
07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Whoa, where did you here this? any day in particular?

Try notredomers dead grandma, I think she let the cat out of the bag.

WabashFalcon
07-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey... if this kids wants to bite the bullet for four years, get a redshirt, and then pull a John David Booty, I'm good with that.

NDinL.A.
07-07-2009, 11:37 AM
#11???

The Tennessee board moderator just said that Rees committed to ND, FWIW. More in a bit...

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Ohhh reaaaaallllllllllllllllllly?

Polish Leppy 22
07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
numa numa time?

IrishInFl
07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Ohhh reaaaaallllllllllllllllllly?

Quite Rly

NDinL.A.
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Confirmed by ISD, it's official! Number 11.

2 things I love here:

1. Yes, he's not a high-profile recruit. But he gives us depth at a position that was needing it after we didn't get anybody last year. Hendrix is a stud, and this kid is great insurance and could turn out to be a stud as well, you never know. And he came to camp and earned his scholly. Even better, he's a competitor, not scared to compete for his spot. He could have gone to Tennessee as the only QB, but he is taking the tougher road. Kudos.

2. Tennessee fans are gripping right now over their lack of a QB. QB after QB has turned them down. Unless someone flips, their QB is going to be like a 2 star or something! Just listening to them bitch is quite funny...

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Doing the Haaaaaaaaaapppppppppyyyyyyyyy Daaaaaaaaaaacccccccccceeeeeeeeee

Awesome. We now have a commit at each position of need (other than OT). We can seriously make a run at an Ego, Sean Parker, and Senteal Henderson. I am fucking pumped.

tko
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
you think the Zooker is feeling any heat?

NDinL.A.
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Here's one article:

Rees Goes With Gut, Picks Irish - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=625&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

Sounds like a great kid...

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
More great news! Go Irish!

Polish Leppy 22
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Love his attitude. Kid's got his head on straight

The Polish Irishman
07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Great Article....Loved how he said he is going to work on Cooper and Prater.

Glad to have him aboard.

irish4ever
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Tennessee fans are gripping right now over their lack of a QB.

Tuck Fennessee. While at it muck Fichigan also .... I hate those bastards! Glad you're on aboard with the Irish, Tommy!

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Tuck Fennessee and Muck Fichigan... You got the first letters of each of these switched around! Is that supposted to be a joke or something?!?!?!? He he.

loweND
07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Hm... There are some things I like about this commit and some things I don't really like. None of them really have a lot to do with the player himself.

The biggest thing I'm not that excited about is taking two QBs in what appears to be a terrible QB class. It might scare away a great QB next year. And since this year was bad, the law of averages would suggest that next season will be much better. Taking two QBs in a good year really helps your chances of finding a stud than taking two QBs in a down year.

The other thing I'm a little disappointed by is that the staff didn't go after a player that provides our roster with a different dimension. Why not grab a QB who can? -- somebody who could have a few plays in the playbook. This also doesn't seem like a player who can play another position if he's not needed at QB.

All that being said, I do like taking good players from Illinois.

IHateMarkMay
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
From what I have heard we are sitting pretty with one of the best QB's in next years recruiting cycle. I think this is a great pickup. Earned his scholly and wanted to come to ND. Welcome to the family Mr. Rees.

loweND
07-07-2009, 03:40 PM
From what I have heard we are sitting pretty with one of the best QB's in next years recruiting cycle.

Which one?

hamiljar
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know where to find video on Rees?
I haven't found any. Thanks in advance.

Go Irish!

loweND
07-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know where to find video on Rees?
I haven't found any. Thanks in advance.

Go Irish!

Tommy Rees - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=93648&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d936 48%26season%3d2010)

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Hm... There are some things I like about this commit and some things I don't really like. None of them really have a lot to do with the player himself.

The biggest thing I'm not that excited about is taking two QBs in what appears to be a terrible QB class. It might scare away a great QB next year. And since this year was bad, the law of averages would suggest that next season will be much better. Taking two QBs in a good year really helps your chances of finding a stud than taking two QBs in a down year.

The other thing I'm a little disappointed by is that the staff didn't go after a player that provides our roster with a different dimension. Why not grab a QB who can? -- somebody who could have a few plays in the playbook. This also doesn't seem like a player who can play another position if he's not needed at QB.

All that being said, I do like taking good players from Illinois.

Just a few thoughts on your points.

First, I think this has been labeled a down year for quaterbacks just because they are just few and far between. In the Clausen class, there were some 8 QBs in the top 150. Not lack of skill, just lack of numbers.

As for the wrinkle thing, Charle's playbook is a Pro Style, fling the sucker around. If you bring in a dual threat that makes up for a lack of arm with his legs, then there are playbook LIMITATIONS, not expansions. Look at DJ... If a QB can't fling a ball 30 plus yards with accuracy, safeties cheat up and the run game is that much more difficult, even if you are running the midline.

IrishAddiction
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Just a few thoughts on your points.

First, I think this has been labeled a down year for quaterbacks just because they are just few and far between. In the Clausen class, there were some 8 QBs in the top 150. Not lack of skill, just lack of numbers.

As for the wrinkle thing, Charle's playbook is a Pro Style, fling the sucker around. If you bring in a dual threat that makes up for a lack of arm with his legs, then there are playbook LIMITATIONS, not expansions. Look at DJ... If a QB can't fling a ball 30 plus yards with accuracy, safeties cheat up and the run game is that much more difficult, even if you are running the midline.

i like that point, charlie is bringing in players to fit his system, now we just need to see the results. i cant argue charlies recruiting at all, he has done one hell of a job.

all that being said, welcome to the family Tommy.

BGIF
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Hm...
The biggest thing I'm not that excited about is taking two QBs in what appears to be a terrible QB class.

It seems like ND has a had QB depth imbalance since Leak committed to Bob Davie on the basis that ND would not take another QB. Leak then renegned and ND's been struggling with QB depth since. I recounted the recruits and injuries, transfers, position changes in another thread on QBs a week or two ago. I'm not going to recreate it here. ND has 2 QBs on scholarship, not a desireable situation. Two QBs could go down in the same game much less the same season.

IF Clausen has the career year many people are expecting he could leave for the NFL. IF he does, he would leave ND once again with 2 QBs in 2010 Crist and Hendrix. Bringing in a 2nd QB this year provides some insurance, depth.

It might scare away a great QB next year.

Think about what you're saying. A great QB would chose somewhere else because there's a 3rd string QB that one service gives a low 3 Star ranking and the other haven't gotten around to evaluating? Doesn't say much for his confidence in his own abilities, does it?

By that logic, Clausen should not have come to ND because ND already had Sharpley, Frazer, and Jones. And Crist should have come because Sharpley was already holding the clipboard for Clausen.

And since this year was bad, the law of averages would suggest that next season will be much better. Taking two QBs in a good year really helps your chances of finding a stud than taking two QBs in a down year.

Your law of averages may be true but ND needs to add the depth NOW. Waiting another year might necessitate starting a freshman like Lovecchio. Taking two top QBs in a year pretty much insures one will transer which doesn't rebuild the depth.

The other thing I'm a little disappointed by is that the staff didn't go after a player that provides our roster with a different dimension. Why not grab a QB who can? -- somebody who could have a few plays in the playbook.

A QB that can ad lib does add another dimension. The last one we had is now a backup LB at Cincinnati. I'd like a pro style QB who can run when he has to, like Quinn did. His QB draws added another dimension. Clausen may be able to do that but with the lack of depth at QB why would you put the franchise guy at risk for a couple of yards several times a game. ND was fortunate he didn't miss more time as a freshman QB due to injuries from all those sacks. Maybe this year with Sharpley and Crist behind him and Clausen with more experience on the field, CW will turn him loose - at times.

This also doesn't seem like a player who can play another position if he's not needed at QB.

Didn't we have enough Gary Godsey's, Jared Clark's, and Arnaz Battle's who were half QB, half something else?

Eric Chappell was a much better Safety than he was a QB. But the lack of true QBs kept him there. Battle would have been a more effective WR had he been moved there right away rather than spending time as an ineffective QB.

IHateMarkMay
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Which one?

I think his name is Price Litton out of NC. Not the top QB, but pretty far up there. Top 100 probably.

GO IRISH!!!
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Waiting another year might necessitate starting a freshman like Lovecchio.

Reps man! Great post. Plus, a Matt Lovecchio reference to boot! Nice!

tannerpw3
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Welcome to ND, Tommy Rees.

The fun part of welcoming a recruit is, you never know what will become of him. This kid might be the starting QB for a national championship team.

jason_h537
07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Keep em coming, Welcome Tommy Rees, lets getv the O-line to block for him now.

Irish Legend
07-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Excited about a 3 star? Really?

NDinL.A.
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Jimmy Clausen is already in his 20's. If he has a very good year, which is very possible, then he could go pro. Evan Sharpley is gone after this year. That possibly leaves you with Crist starting next year, and only won scholarship QB, Hendrix, a true freshman, as his back-up. Injuries to the QB position happen often. Look at what happened to UCLA a couple of years back when they had all their QB injuries and had to play a walk-on against us (DISASTER). The staff whiffed on a QB last year, and had to make up for it this year. They got a potential 4 star in Hendrix, and yes, a 3 star in Rees, who camped at ND and impressed the coaches. By adding Rees, they add much needed depth, plus a competitor who will work his ass off and bide his time. And the staff can focus their recruiting efforts on other positions. So yeah, I am excited, this was a position of need that the staff filled with someone they think is capable...

JeremyND07
07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
We are not going to get a high profile QB recruit next year either. 2012 will be the year we sign a top QB. Jimmy has 2 years left and Crist has 4...we are fine at QB. This just adds depth!

jiggafini19
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
We are not going to get a high profile QB recruit next year either.

If ND has a good season and winds up in another BCS bowl again, I'll take this bet.

BGIF
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Excited about this prospect. Really! It was explained 5 posts before yours.

Were you hoping for a QB like Zak Kustok, Matt Lovecchio, Chris Olsen, Zach Frazer, or Demetrius Jones?

IHateMarkMay
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
We are not going to get a high profile QB recruit next year either. 2012 will be the year we sign a top QB. Jimmy has 2 years left and Crist has 4...we are fine at QB. This just adds depth!

How wont we pick up a good QB recruit? The year after Jimmy came, ya know, the one the media was hyping as the next Lebron James of football (not bashing, just saying the media had a hay day with him, I like the kid). We got Dayne Crist. The 25th best player in the country according to rivals, 45th at scout. The 3rd best at both webistes. Some kids like to have the competition, not all look for playing right away. I would rather a kid grow up with the program and start to play as a junior or senior and save everybody from the freshman mistakes made by quarterbacks.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 09:53 AM
How wont we pick up a good QB recruit? The year after Jimmy came, ya know, the one the media was hyping as the next Lebron James of football (not bashing, just saying the media had a hay day with him, I like the kid). We got Dayne Crist. The 25th best player in the country according to rivals, 45th at scout. The 3rd best at both webistes. Some kids like to have the competition, not all look for playing right away. I would rather a kid grow up with the program and start to play as a junior or senior and save everybody from the freshman mistakes made by quarterbacks.

You're correct. 2010 when Hendrix and Rees are in their first year at ND, Clausen will be playing his last season, if he didn't go to the NFL after the '09 season. Crist will get PT in '09 and '10 So he'll be a junior when the Stud ND QB from the 2011 LOI Day walks through The Tunnel.

no.1IrishFan
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM
You're correct. 2010 when Hendrix and Rees are in their first year at ND, Clausen will be playing his last season, if he didn't go to the NFL after the '09 season. Crist will get PT in '09 and '10 So he'll be a junior when the Stud ND QB from the 2011 LOI Day walks through The Tunnel.

Right on!

BGIF
07-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Tommy terrific :: High Schools :: YourSeason (http://www.pioneerlocal.com/lakeforest/sports/highschools/1667888,lake-forest-rees-071509-s1.article)

Background article on Tommy Rees by Bill McLean July 15 2009

Tommy Rees dropped back, looked left, then right. Hustling, route-running teammates begged for the football, waving their arms frantically and hoping to grab a tight spiral from Lake Forest High School's future star quarterback.
Rees was a grade-schooler at the time, a signal-caller atop blacktop during recess.

"I know, I know. It wasn't very smart, playing football on pavement," recalls Rees, now a 6-foot-3, 195-pound senior who verbally committed to the University of Notre Dame earlier this month. "Kids' heads got cut open; I remember another kid losing a tooth. Rough; it was rough. But we loved playing, and I loved being the quarterback.

... The games were typically feisty, I-have-more-grass-stains-than-you affairs. Game clock? Unnecessary. Only darkness or collective hunger pangs halted play.

Rees' major grid influences have been his father, Bill, and older brother, Danny. Bill Rees is director of player personnel for the Kansas City Chiefs; one of his previous jobs in the NFL was a position in personnel with the Bears, under then-GM Mark Hatley. Danny Rees (Lake Forest, 2006) is a junior redshirt punter/holder at UCLA.
"My dad has had a big impact on me," said Tommy, who started Lake Forest's last six varsity games as a sophomore in 2007 and guided the Scouts to another playoff berth last fall. 'He stresses attention to details, and he gives me advice in the offseason, as I pass to (receivers) Connor Moutvic and Mike Karacic at a nearby park or at our school's field. Danny is my mentor, and he wants updates from me during football seasons. But not just after games; my brother wants to hear from me after practices.'

Many of his peers find it hard to believe Rees' favorite music first blared from radios and stereos in the 1960s. He worships The Beatles, enjoys songs by Roy Orbison, turns up the volume when he hears a Beach Boys tune, and probably knows the release date of The Young Rascals' debut album.
What Rees can't resist is the song "Get Ready," by The Temptations.
"My favorite song," he says. "When I first heard it, I remember thinking, 'Sounds good to me, really good.' There was something about it."

BGIF
07-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Rivals moved him from Not Ranked to the #30 QB and boosted his Rating by 0.1 to 5.6.
ESPN moved him from Not Evaluated to a Grade of 78 just short of their 150 Watchlist.

The Polish Irishman
09-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Threw for 450 yards and 5 tds

WabashFalcon
09-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Wow. That's impressive.

IHateMarkMay
09-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Kid is putting up redonkulous stats.

The Polish Irishman
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I was wrong on the stats....520 yards and 6 TDs...nice

NDinL.A.
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
To be fair, he threw 4-5 INT's in his opener the week before. But he bounced back nicely!

The Polish Irishman
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
To be fair, he threw 4-5 INT's in his opener the week before. But he bounced back nicely!

They were also dropping 8/9 into coverage that week.

IHateMarkMay
09-15-2009, 02:22 PM
31-46, 4 TD's, 345 yards in his teams first win of the season against Libertyville 38 to 28. Didn't see the box score so I don't know if he threw any picks.

The Polish Irishman
09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Threw one pick

Riddickulous
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Reeeeeeeeees!

I honestly believe Tommy Boy is the best quarterback commitment we have. He made some great throws on his highlight tape.

Hendrix, however, had a highlight tape consisting entirely of screens, swings, and short five to ten yard passes.

BGIF
09-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Scout jumped Rees 41 slots from #86 to #45 but they maintained his stars at 3. Rivals bumped Rees up 2 slots from #30 to #28 and upgraded his rating from 5.6 to 5.7 maintained his Stars at 3.

Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s:; #28 Pro QB; Rating 5.7
Scout: :s::s::s:; #45 QB
ESPN: :s::s::s:; #39 QB, Grade 78

Rees is having a great senior season. Last week he was 31 of 6 for 352 yds and 4 TDs. The week before he threw for 526 yds and 6 TDs.

BGIF
09-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Profile Updated

The Polish Irishman
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Threw for 348 yards and 5 TDs last week....Kid is a having a great year so far.

IrishInFl
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Will Tommy be a 4 star before NSD?

The Polish Irishman
09-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Not sure about 4 Star, but it would seem he would move up. Not sure about the competition he plays againist. He sure lights up the scoreboard and has threw less picks as the season rolls on.

IrishInFl
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Ok, I have a better question: Will Tommy be good enough to get invited to the all-american game or the under-armour game?

BGIF
10-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Happy Homecoming for Lake Forest :: News Sun :: Sports (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/sports/1804047,5_2_WA03_LF_S1-091003.article)

October 3, 2009

<!-- Article By Line -->BY P.J. BONATO Special to the News-Sun
<!-- Article's First Paragraph --><!-- BlogBurst ContentStart -->Notre Dame-bound quarterback Tommy Rees completed 14 of 20 passes for 333 yards and 3 touchdowns as Lake Forest High's football team celebrated Homecoming with a 42-6, running-clock win over Mundelein on Friday night.
Rees had five pass plays in the first half of more than 30 yards, all on short throws that receivers then broke for big gains.
He had a 69-yard TD pass to Connor Moutvic (2 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD), a 32-yard TD pass to T.J. Jackson and an 85-yard TD pass to Eric Gerber (3 catches, 102 yards, 1 TD).
Jackson rushed 6 times for 60 yards and Owen Williams carried 4 times for 91 yards and 2 TDs.
Rees threw for 320 yards in the first half, which ended 28-0. He did have a pick and a fumble that cost his team 14 more points.
Lake Forest is now 2-4 ...

IrishAddiction
10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Nice.... Tear em up tommy.

cwinnola
10-10-2009, 06:34 PM
No one take this the wrong way. I'm not an Irish fan, but I am a Lake Forest alum. First, anyone who questions the competition has never seen Chicagoland football. I played college ball and believe me, Chicago can hold its own with the South and the East. Not an issue. Tommy plays very quality teams. Second, I went to see this kid with a healthy bit of skepticisim. Like I said, I went to LF, and it just doesn't produce huge DI talent very often. I walked out duly impressed. This kid is one of the best high school QBs I've ever seen. He's got outstanding arm strength and he never misses the strike zone. He's as cool as cool can be in the pocket and runs the offense (on a horrible team) like a mechanic. I promise you Irish fans, Charlie didn't miss the boat on this one. It's not like Jim Harbaugh and Lane Kiffin have no eye for talent either . . . This kid can play. You're not reaching. Don't be surprised if Hendrix never sees the field because Rees is there.

OCIrish
10-10-2009, 11:45 PM
No one take this the wrong way. I'm not an Irish fan, but I am a Lake Forest alum. First, anyone who questions the competition has never seen Chicagoland football. I played college ball and believe me, Chicago can hold its own with the South and the East. Not an issue. Tommy plays very quality teams. Second, I went to see this kid with a healthy bit of skepticisim. Like I said, I went to LF, and it just doesn't produce huge DI talent very often. I walked out duly impressed. This kid is one of the best high school QBs I've ever seen. He's got outstanding arm strength and he never misses the strike zone. He's as cool as cool can be in the pocket and runs the offense (on a horrible team) like a mechanic. I promise you Irish fans, Charlie didn't miss the boat on this one. It's not like Jim Harbaugh and Lane Kiffin have no eye for talent either . . . This kid can play. You're not reaching. Don't be surprised if Hendrix never sees the field because Rees is there.

What do you mean take it the wrong way, how in the hell am I supposed to take it? You're not an Irish fan, good God man, whatever in the hell is wrong with you? J\K, thanks for the info, it's always good to hear a fans perspective whether or not they're Irish or not because I think that all too often the main sites can be just a little biased. IMO.

BGIF
10-11-2009, 12:26 AM

Thanks for the info.

irishandy
10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info cwinnola, however I disagree with you saying that Hendrix will not see the field. I hope you are right about rees, while you were watching him, I read a blog from Hendrix that is on irishsportsdaily that Clausen, Rudolph, and Crist went to see Hendrix on their week off.

Riddickulous
10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I can hear it, now...

Tom Hammond's annoying, stupid voice saying:

"Rees back to throw, pumps once...rolls to the right....and fires. It's caught by Bennett Jackson! Jackson racing to the endzone...for the touchdown!"

The Polish Irishman
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Who is Player of the Year? - Locker Room Prep Talk (http://blogs.suntimes.com/lockerroom/2009/10/who_is_player_of_the_year_1.html)

About Illinois Player of the Year

WhoDeyIrish
10-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Anyone know what type of offense that he is running at this point?

I think that this kid is going to be really good.

chyrspchuck
10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
If Jimmy leaves, we gotta pray he is gonna be good.

Tate the Great
10-30-2009, 11:24 PM
If Jimmy leaves, we gotta pray he is gonna be good.

I don't think he would start over Crist if Jimmy left. I love this kid though, he has a huge upside.

NoJusticeNoPeace
10-30-2009, 11:31 PM
I still think that Hendrix is the better QB, but Rees isn't a pushover and if he gets to play he should perform well.

jiggafini19
10-31-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't think he would start over Crist if Jimmy left. I love this kid though, he has a huge upside.

What he said.

I still think that Hendrix is the better QB, but Rees isn't a pushover and if he gets to play he should perform well.

And what he said.

Rees was in a spread passing attack the majority of the season. He stays in the shotgun and they sling it on just about every down. 300 yard passing nights and 40-50 passing attempts were not out of the ordinary.

He'll need a redshirt season to bulk up and learn learn learn.

JefMaj
10-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Rees is on nobody's radar - he comitted to ND... no respect. He could have Peyton Manning games and they'd treat him like the redheaded step child - THIS YEAR - he's a red shirt next, however his numbers are demand more accolades - well, he get's them here. He's a better QB than anyone will admit until 2013 - 2014.

The Polish Irishman
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Per ESPN.com & ISD:

Rees could early enroll, but has not made that decision.

WabashFalcon
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Per ESPN.com & ISD:

Rees could early enroll, but has not made that decision.

That. Would. Be. A. HUGE help. Allow us to take on another DL or Olinemen.

Irish.Ca
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I wondered if one of our QB recruits would come early after Dayne's news. It would make sense and one of them may feel like they're getting a leg up on the other which is a good possibility. Never crossed my mind about the added benefit of them being counted as a recuirt from the '09 class. Great opportunity for them and the '10 class being able to take another player considering who we're courting or maybe the sleeper who's been admiring from afar.

IrishAddiction
11-05-2009, 12:59 AM
God, please yes. Enroll early sir. Though that would only give him 2 years PT as a starter(hypothetically) if dane stays the full amount of time.

BCSorBust
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
That would be awesome too if Rees is good enough then Hendrix redshirts and can still have a year of eligibility after Rees graduates. Maybe he would actually stay instead of transferring like it always seems one QB does when two are recruited in the same year (I know this is still probably going to happen).

This is news though because Mike Frank said on his power hour at the beginning of the week that there was no chance that either qbs were going to enroll early.

PADOMERNUT
11-05-2009, 11:45 AM
God, please yes. Enroll early sir. Though that would only give him 2 years PT as a starter(hypothetically) if dane stays the full amount of time.

Cant you still redshirt even if you enroll early?

JefMaj
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Everything I read was that he has decided that would enroll early - This could give the staff a Spring to work on some possible wrinkles in the wildcat as well as play with some straight out option plays.

Irish.Ca
11-05-2009, 03:44 PM
The Power Hour show was before Dayne's announcement was made and I don't think that our recruits would have really thought long on the subject until they knew he was out. Now it makes for a great opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if they both come early now just to stay on equal footing.

JefMaj
11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm coming early... at least that's what she said.

ndfi78
11-06-2009, 01:55 PM
lol

WabashFalcon
11-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm coming early... at least that's what she said.

Your hand talks?

Te he.

JefMaj
11-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Not only that - speaks 2 languages - I'm handbidextrous.

GO IRISH!!!
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Just saw Rees is trying to graduate early to enroll and participate in Spring Ball. Good move. Crist injured. Jimmy possibly going to the NFL. I would cram and get myself on campus as fast as possible too.

Polish Leppy 22
11-17-2009, 09:07 PM
good for him

BGIF
11-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Notre Dame recruits wait -- chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/football/chi-26-prep-notre-dame-recruitsnov26,0,1821478.story)

By Mike Helfgot<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_byline_preview" END --> <!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_titleline_preview" START -->Special to the Tribune<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_titleline_preview" END -->
<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_display_time_preview" START -->November 26, 2009

"Right now I'm still committed there and I plan on going there regardless," said Rees, who threw for 2,625 yards and 24 touchdowns in nine games this season. "Obviously, nothing has happened yet and I'm not going to look into the future.

"We'll see what happens after the Stanford game, and I'll take it from there. My plan is to go to Notre Dame. Obviously, the system would have to work, but like I said, nothing has been done so I'm not really reading too much into it yet."

BGIF
12-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Scout.com: Rankings Update: Midwest Risers (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/927628.html)

12/9

After being considered a bit of a sleeper, Tommy Rees (Lake Forest / Ill.) proved this season that he was is of best pure passers in the region. The ball comes out of his hand with great spin and velocity and I think he could be a future starter at Notre Dame.
Move: Position (#64 QB to #49)

DoverShores
12-10-2009, 01:43 AM
I really hope he signs

Big23Head
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Enrolling early.

JefMaj
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Great move... Kelly has done well with QB's. Wonder if Hendrix will hold tight with ND.

BGIF
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
12/16

College football: Local ND recruits Lombard, Rees say they're still going to South Bend; Prater contacted by Kelly but sticks with USC -- chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/football/chi-17-prep-foot-nd-recruitsdec17,0,2214685.story)

By Mike Helfgot Special to the Tribune

The coaching change at Notre Dame has not changed the minds of Tommy Rees and Christian Lombard.

Rees, a quarterback from Lake Forest High, and Lombard, a Fremd offensive lineman, have re-affirmed their oral commitments to new Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly.

Both Rees and Lombard committed to Notre Dame long before Kelly replaced Charlie Weis on Dec. 11. Oral commitments are not binding and do not become official until recruits sign letters of intent Feb. 3.

Rees, who threw for 2,695 yards and 24 touchdowns this season, might benefit from the coaching change. The other quarterback to commit to Weis, Andrew Hendrix of Moeller High in Cincinnati, expressed disappointment in Weis' firing and has yet to affirm his plans to attend Notre Dame.

Lake Forest coach Chuck Spagnoli said Rees spoke with Kelly on Sunday.

"His intentions have not changed," Spagnoli said. "Coach Kelly is supposed to come in some time this week and see him."

BGIF
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
12/16
Scouts' Rees sticking with Irish :: FOOTBALL :: YourSeason (http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1944629,121609-football-rees-staying-with-notre-dame.article)

by Darrin Day

Rees is quite pleased with Notre Dame’s pick of Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly to replace Weis.
“I got a chance to talk to Coach Kelly last weekend and I was impressed,” said Rees. “I’m going to talk to him again soon.
“Notre Dame has so much tradition, more than anyplace else, that it really didn’t matter to me who was the coach. I want to play for Notre Dame, whether it was for Coach Weis or Coach Kelly.”

NDinL.A.
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Per ISD, he will be an EE...

jjsccer2
01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Looks like this kid could be a solid contributor. Never hurts to have competition especially when we have one upperclassman qb. Does anybody know where you can watch his highlight tape?

vernfootball1
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Looks like this kid could be a solid contributor. Never hurts to have competition especially when we have one upperclassman qb. Does anybody know where you can watch his highlight tape?

Here you go, on the side obviously.

Tommy Rees - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=93648&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d936 48)

jjsccer2
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Looks like he can make some throws and runs out of the shotgun. Can't wait to see him in person.

vernfootball1
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
yea he looks like he good be a pretty good qb I am excited to see what he can do, forget what i was reading, but he was compared to andy dalton the qb from tcu. That's a pretty good comparison both have good arm strength can make the throws, and can scramble out of the gun, so i think he will be pretty good

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
He had an electric senior year and I hope that does nothing but propell him up the rankings. The kid is gritty and I like that.

BGIF
01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Lake Forest's Rees gets early start - at Notre Dame :: Sports :: PIONEER PRESS :: Lake Forester (http://www.pioneerlocal.com/lakeforest/sports/1977508,lf-tommyrees-010609-s1.article)

1/6
By DINO MACRO

With Notre Dame football in a state of flux, Tommy Rees wanted to be in the mix as quickly as possible.
So, the Lake Forest High School star graduated early from LFHS and is headed to the University of Notre Dame this weekend. The quarterback is set to begin taking classes on Tuesday.
Rees, who completed 215-of-308 passes for 2,572 yards and 23 touchdowns last fall at Lake Forest, will no longer be part of the Scouts' basketball team. The forward was a solid contributor for the 8-5 club.
The chance to impress new ND football coach Brian Kelly was too good to pass up.
“He can be involved in spring practice,” noted Scouts football coach Chuck Spagnoli. “With the quarterback situation the way it is, it's an opportunity for Tommy to get in there early.”

Praytorian
01-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Good for him, seems like a smart young man.
RKG for sure.

irish4ever
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Is Rees the only known EE for ND this year?

49er-Irish
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Is Rees the only known EE for ND this year?

And Tailer Jones

BGIF
01-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Badger
Boyd
Jones
Rees
Wood

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
I was just goingt to add the others but you beat me to it BGIF. If anything, Rees will provide us with another option who may be better prepared than Hendrix or Crist come summer ball because he will be the only scholarship QB during spring practice. I applaud his decision and wish him the best.

Also, what does RKG stand for? Too many acronyms to remember these days.

chyrspchuck
01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Right Kinda Guys, BK mentioned it in his first press conference.

NDinL.A.
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Right Kinda Guys, BK mentioned it in his first press conference.

Not only that goldenisthytate, but he says it all the time. He's really big on that, the 'right kinda guys'. You're going to hear that throughout his tenure. What he means by RKG is tough players who absolutely love the game. If you're not a hard worker, you're not an RKG. If you're soft, you're not an RKG.

If ND loses, this quote will go down in ND lore like CW's 'decided systemic advantage' and 'thick quick and nasty' quotes. If BK brings us a winner, we're all going to be using that quote in our every day lives LOL...

IrishInFl
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Not only that goldenisthytate, but he says it all the time. He's really big on that, the 'right kinda guys'. You're going to hear that throughout his tenure. What he means by RKG is tough players who absolutely love the game. If you're not a hard worker, you're not an RKG. If you're soft, you're not an RKG.

If ND loses, this quote will go down in ND lore like CW's 'decided systemic advantage' and 'thick quick and nasty' quotes. If BK brings us a winner, we're all going to be using that quote in our every day lives LOL...

Shit dude, I'm using the term "RKG" already!

BGIF
01-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Per Irish Illustrated

<TABLE class=header border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftheader vAlign=center noWrap>COMMITMENTS</TD><TD class=middleheader vAlign=center width="1%" noWrap></TD><TD class=rightheader vAlign=center width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=header colSpan=5>Signed Letter of Intent</TD><TR><TD class=labelleft>Name</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Pos</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Ht/Wt</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Stars</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Rank</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Chris Badger</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Spencer Boyd</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>39</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tai-ler Jones</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>WR</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/184</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>16</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tommy Rees</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>QB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-3/192</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Lo Wood</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/160</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>45</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ironman8
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Luginbill's sleeper is Notre Dame early enrollee Tommy Rees, who's not even the highest-ranked quarterback expected to sign with the Irish. (That would be Cincinnati native Andrew Hendrix.) "Not enough people recruited him," Luginbill said of Rees. "He has a chance to be a really good player." Rees figures to get a lot of work this spring with anticipated starter Dayne Crist recovering from ACL surgery.

- quote from Scouts Inc.'s national recruiting director Tom Luginbill, in an SI article about this year's quarterback class

Link to Article: 2010 Signing Day to deliver weakest quarterback class in years - Stewart Mandel - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/27/2010-qbs/index.html?xid=si_topstories)

Ironman8
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
"Luginbill's sleeper is Notre Dame early enrollee Tommy Rees, who's not even the highest-ranked quarterback expected to sign with the Irish. (That would be Cincinnati native Andrew Hendrix.) "Not enough people recruited him," Luginbill said of Rees. "He has a chance to be a really good player." Rees figures to get a lot of work this spring with anticipated starter Dayne Crist recovering from ACL surgery."

-Quote from Scouts Inc.'s national recruiting director Tom Luginbill about Rees in an article about the quarterbacks in this class

Link to Article: 2010 Signing Day to deliver weakest quarterback class in years - Stewart Mandel - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/01/27/2010-qbs/index.html?xid=si_topstories)

Clover
09-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Nice article from ESPN
ESPN NCAAF Tommy Rees growing up fast to lead Irish (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?w=1azuy&i=TOP&id=332&blogname=notre-dame-football&wjb=)

Clover
09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Nice article from ESPN
ESPN NCAAF Tommy Rees growing up fast to lead Irish (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?w=1azuy&i=TOP&id=332&blogname=notre-dame-football&wjb=)

woolybug25
09-09-2011, 02:22 PM

I find it comical that this was the first reply to this thread. No offense, jason. Everybody makes comments that can look pretty funny in retrospect.

I'm glad we reached for this one.

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Shirts with this logo are on sale at the SMC yogurt shop:

http://p.twimg.com/AbBAvXVCAAA8coG.jpg

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
The ND Twitterati are worried that the above is a NCAA violation.

BeauBenken
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
The ND Twitterati are worried that the above is a NCAA violation.

Why?

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Why?

Only ND and the NCAA are allowed to profit off the likenesses of NDFB players. Rees' likeness appears on the shirt.

Probably much ado about nothing.

BeauBenken
10-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Only ND and the NCAA are allowed to profit off the likenesses of NDFB players. Rees' likeness appears on the shirt.

Ah well I figured that somebody would okay it with ND first. I don't think the NCAA could come after ND or anything though just maybe whoever is distributing the shirt.

TerryTate
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Pretty sure I had a Ronald Talley shirt in school.

Don't think the NCAA gave 2 sh*ts.

Sherm Sticky
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
GreatDayne will buy this shirt.

Sherm Sticky
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Ronald Talley, that brings back memories. I wish he didn't quit football, he was a solid DE.

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
NCAA violation buzz didn't come from me. If ND cares, I'm sure they could have the shirts removed.

NDdomer2
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Not a Rees or ND violation, but a violation on the companies part? Sounds more like they will get in trouble not us.

TerryTate
10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Ronald Talley, that brings back memories. I wish he didn't quit football, he was a solid DE.

... he plays for the Arizona Cardinals

Sherm Sticky
10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
... he plays for the Arizona Cardinals
wtf he does? I thought he left notre dame and quit football...why did he transfer to Delaware?

GreatGolson
10-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Shirts with this logo are on sale at the SMC yogurt shop:

http://p.twimg.com/AbBAvXVCAAA8coG.jpg

THEY STOLE MY IDEA! AGAIN!!!!! I CAME UP WITH GREAT DAYNE AND REES'S PIECES BEFORE THE SHIRTS CAME OUT!!!!!

Carlyle Javar Holiday
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM

This really pisses me off.

Sherm Sticky
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
THEY STOLE MY IDEA! AGAIN!!!!! I CAME UP WITH GREAT DAYNE AND REES'S PIECES BEFORE THE SHIRTS CAME OUT!!!!!
Obviously the person making the shirts is a poster on IE and is stealing your ideas. I would demand royalties if I were you.

ErieIrish13
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM

You should've copyrighted or trademarked the saying.

Rhode Irish
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm sure you were the first and only person to have that idea....

Irish2015
10-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Well someone's very good at looking into the future.

NDPhilly
10-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Well someone's very good at looking into the future.

thats insane

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow.

Come back, Synoptico! We need your crystal ball!

Old Man Mike
10-05-2011, 05:44 PM
...who says "synoptico" ever left...insiders know that he was CIA...most of which points to a QB conspiracy...you are not reading this..........end of line

Whiskeyjack
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
...who says "synoptico" ever left...insiders know that he was CIA...most of which points to a QB conspiracy...you are not reading this..........end of line

http://www.marchpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/selfdestruct.jpg?4c9b33

ShakeDown
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
wtf he does? I thought he left notre dame and quit football...why did he transfer to Delaware?

Playing time disagreement I believe.

Kak7304
10-05-2011, 07:14 PM

NCAA interviews Talley. Talley says "intimidating things." NCAA leaves wearing shirts with his likeness to appease him.

BGIF
10-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Wow.

Come back, Synoptico! We need your crystal ball!

The one that declared, "IrishEnvy is dead!" ?

BGIF
10-06-2011, 12:08 AM

Talley was asked to move inside to fill a need. He chose not to.

Rack Em
10-06-2011, 12:18 AM

I still have both Talley shirts (even though I just graduated last year). Brandon Hoyte actually introduced himself and talked to me at a bar in Chicago last weekend when I was wearing the "Intimidating Things" shirt.

Those shirts were never a problem. Just ****ing awesome.

Kak7304
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/bhardin2/statuses/126003490941190145)

From @bhardin2

From the "You gotta be kidding me dept." Tommy Rees has a higher career passer rating than Clausen, Theismann, Powlus & Quinn.

LaJollaIrish
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Rumor on the street that Tommy will transfer to New Mexico to play for Bob Davies.

DSully1995
05-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Rumor on the street that Tommy will transfer to New Mexico to play for Bob Davies.

Huh? name your street bro.

Irish YJ
05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Rumors are rumors, but would not surprise me. Predicted in several threads he'd be the first to go if overtook on the depth chart this year. I don't wish him gone, but wish him the best if he does go.

LaJollaIrish
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Huh? name your street bro.

A well-connected source within the Mountain West Conference.

ACamp1900
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I haven't been keeping up on Tommy too much but doesn't he have bigger issues right now other than playing time??

Grahambo
05-31-2012, 08:12 PM

If your source is 'Rumor on the street':

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1117135_o.gif

ACamp1900
05-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Da streets don't lie playa...

tadman95
05-31-2012, 08:18 PM
I was pretty disappointed at the spring game, was looking for improvement but I would hate to lose him. I appreciate how he stepped in his freshman year. Maybe year two was a little disappointing but Tommy busted his gut for us.

I want the best QB playing but Tommy will always be all right in my book.

NDPhilly
05-31-2012, 08:23 PM
http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2011/06/DogNotSure-1.jpg

ThePiombino
05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
A well-connected source within the Mountain West Conference.

1) Welcome to the site

2) I don't buy it. Only way I can even fathom this happening is if he's been told he's got no chance at the #1 spot, and I doubt that's the case with no proven alternatives at this point. Would LOVE to be proven wrong on this one....

Whiskeyjack
05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
2) I don't buy it. Only way I can even fathom this happening is if he's been told he's got no chance at the #1 spot, and I doubt that's the case with no proven alternatives at this point. Would LOVE to be proven wrong on this one....

Even were that the case, leaving ND to chase playing time elsewhere would be a remarkably poor decision. Tommy's gotta know there's no future for him in the NFL. He oughta finish his degree and call it a good deal.

Rack Em
05-31-2012, 08:33 PM
That's an awfully big presumption that he would:

1) Forego an ND degree
2) Even get playing time elsewhere

tadman95
05-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Even were that the case, leaving ND to chase playing time elsewhere would be a remarkably poor decision. Tommy's gotta know there's no future for him in the NFL. He oughta finish his degree and call it a good deal.

Yep!

ThePiombino
05-31-2012, 08:35 PM

Completely agree, which makes this even less plausible.

NDdomer2
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Why New Mexico with Davies? There has to be plenty of other mediocre schools to play for.

yankeeND
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I would hate for him to transfer as I too will never forget the four game span at the end of the 2010 season. Either way wish him the best!

peoriairish
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
I was pretty disappointed at the spring game, was looking for improvement but I would hate to lose him. I appreciate how he stepped in his freshman year. Maybe year two was a little disappointing but Tommy busted his gut for us.

I want the best QB playing but Tommy will always be all right in my book.

He sure likes busting guts doesn't he?

But yeah, I don't quite understand this unless he thinks he has the skill set to thrive in a system that doesn't require such a mobile QB1 and one that doesn't play such a tough schedule. Who knows. If true, I thank you for you service Tommy and wish you the best of luck.

Emcee77
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
That smells like a rumor that suggested itself to someone based on the fact that a bunch of the guys we didn't offer 5th years have transferred to play for former ND coaches.

NDdomer2
05-31-2012, 08:55 PM
That smells like a rumor that suggested itself to someone based on the fact that a bunch of the guys we didn't offer 5th years have transferred to play for former ND coaches.

At least they had ties to those coaches. Tommy was probably in middle school when Davies was coaching at ND.

Rhode Irish
05-31-2012, 08:59 PM
At least they had ties to those coaches. Tommy was probably in middle school when Davies was coaching at ND.

Not even. More like 3rd grade probably.

NDdomer2
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Not even. More like 3rd grade probably.

Even worse, and now that you say that I think was in 5th grade Davies last year so that is probably right.

Ndaccountant
05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Weiss was better than Davies.

Rhode Irish
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I think Weiss was better than Davies.

Not even close. Weis was inexperienced as a head college football coach. Davies was inept.

BestBIrish47
05-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't believe this, but what if Tommy's off the field issue caused him to not be able to attend Notre Dame any longer?

Ndaccountant
05-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Not even close. Weis was inexperienced as a head college football coach. Davies was inept.

Maybe I should have us italics.

Rhode Irish
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Maybe I should have us italics.

Ha sorry. Should have known.

Chamellion
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Everyone talks about the degree, but what about the experience?

No one likes being chopped liver sitting on the bench. And I don't know him personally, but I know he catches a lot of hate on campus. Not directed at him, but at his playing ability.

Can't have felt too good to have an interception cheered by a home crowd either during the spring game.

Wouldn't surprise me.

DomeX2 eNVy
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM

You don't get it, thousands of people can get a degree; but only hundreds start at QB. You can't let others take from you what you deserve.

Regards,
Nate Montana

Seriously though, you are spot on and would rep you if it would let me. Tommy probably is good enough to do really well in the MWC 80% of the time and be a local star. But that would be a bad long term decision imo.

Me2SouthBend
05-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Drinking age is 21 in NM so he isn't leaving for that. Perhaps rumors of slower cops?

irishfan
05-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Weis>Davie for the fact that everyone here seems to be adding an "s" to Bob's last name.

It would make more sense for him to go to UMASS if he does want to transfer.

Irishnuke
05-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Don't believe it nor do I care if he goes. Thought I posted that an hour ago. Don't know why it would have been deleted. Maybe I didn't hit the post quick reply button.

Rhode Irish
05-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Weis>Davie for the fact that everyone here seems to be adding an "s" to Bob's last name.

Guilty of that. I'll blame it on either (a) being on my phone, (b) too many bourbons too early in the evening, or (c) trying to even things out because it happens to Weis so frequently (do a search for "Wiess").

irishog77
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM

And whoever this Davies guy is > the real Bob Davie. It's almost like the Tebow comments on espn a few months back-- anything, however awful, is > Tebow. Bob wrestles with Sylvester Croom and Coach Buttermaker for the title of, "Worlds Worst Coach."

Irish YJ
06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
1. He's a kid
2. He believes he can start
3. He may want a fresh start after the drinking incident
4. He gets no love from the majority of the fan base

Any one of those reasons would be enough for most 18-21 year olds..... Yes, we like to say an ND education is the most important thing, but can you tell a kid not to follow his heart/dream... or not to seek respect/support from his fan base....

Just saying.....

Irish YJ
06-01-2012, 12:20 AM
And to add.....
I want to see EG or GK as the starter.
I'm just saying that his decision, although it may decrease his later earning potential, is not neccessarily a bad decision. It may be the best decision for him under the current circumstances.

GBdomer
06-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Ha clicked this thread didn't see this coming. I am going to go with a big old false.

tko
06-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Well Bye - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE)

Irish YJ
06-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Ha clicked this thread didn't see this coming. I am going to go with a big old false.

I'm going with a big ole false too, but would not be surprised at all. At least I hope it's not the case.

FLDomer
06-01-2012, 09:36 AM
There is no way Tommy could be this dumb! Ofcourse he can't see opposing defenders but he surly has to see this would be a dumb because it's not like he has a future in football and why walk away from that ND degree!

anarin
06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
http://cdn.stripersonline.com/9/9f/9f4a9bc8_rick_james_four_thumbs_down.jpeg

PLACforever
06-01-2012, 09:43 AM
No offense to you, but I won't believe this one bit until I see more smoke.

NCND
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I know its kinda late but the "Well bye" was freakin funny

koonja
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
If true, poor Bob. JK,but the lobos QB last year is returning and as bad as he was (4 tds, 7 ints) who even knows if Tommy could go in and start there? Guys he's been below average and surrounded by really, really good talent. He's bad. As someone mentioned, grab that ND degree and be thankful. Don't go chasing waterfalls, Tommy!

NDinL.A.
06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Went on 2 other Irish sites, and this 'news'/rumor is nowhere to be seen, other than here. Why even tell Tommy he's making a mistake when we have no idea what he's even thinking?

95NDAlumNM
06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I also checked two Lobo sites (hard to believe they are actually out there) and there is not a word of this. Might get my brother to check with a few people he knows in the UNM athletic department IF any substance ever becoems of this.

BaylorIrish
06-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Out of all of the sites that I follow, this one is the worst at resurrecting old threads.

Just start a new freakin' thread.

woolybug25
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Out of all of the sites that I follow, this one is the worst at resurrecting old threads.

Sweet fourth post...

Whiskeyjack
06-01-2012, 01:35 PM

That's by design. Since our members aren't spamming new threads all the time, relevant stuff stays on the front page, and similar discussions aren't happening in multiple threads at once.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

tadman95
06-01-2012, 01:39 PM

You're not on any other site. This is Irish Envy!

IrishInFl
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk104/RudeG/my350z/whambulance.png

Emcee77
06-01-2012, 02:37 PM

lol that's exactly what I like about IE. I like having all the info about a player in one place.

BeauBenken
06-01-2012, 06:17 PM

You're right; it's ridiculous. That's why I keep all my tax paperwork scattered about my house.

Grahambo
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/YANKEEDOUCHE2.gif

Irishnuke
06-01-2012, 06:47 PM
You're right; it's ridiculous. That's why I keep all my tax paperwork scattered about my house.

You're old enough to pay taxes?

BeauBenken
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
You're old enough to pay taxes?
Hah Just celebrated the 19th birthday last month. Where were you?!

loomis41973
06-01-2012, 07:49 PM

No one likes being chopped liver sitting on the bench. And I don't know him personally, but I know he catches a lot of hate on campus. Not directed at him, but at his playing ability.

Can't have felt too good to have an interception cheered by a home crowd either during the spring game.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Spot on.

BGIF
06-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Sock Puppet is that you under a nom de guerre?

It's been explained many times that this board was set up to make things easy to find.

Toward that end, rather than clog up football threads with whine, there's a place for that here:

Help, Feedback, and Suggestions

Feel free to start you own thread in that Forum, where it belongs.

BGIF
06-02-2012, 07:04 AM

Wouldn't surprise me.

The Experience? Obviously you don't mean the ND experience where he's getting a $200K education that will make him a millionaire and cost mom and dad allowance money?

The Experience where he gets to become a Notre Dame Man and not just some college dude?

The Experience where he gains a Career and not in the Arena Football League?

Tony Rice and Kevin McDougal had a ton more talent that Rees does. How'd their Experience pay off in the NFL? More recently what Round was Kellen Moore drafted in?

And as for those jeering him, shame on them. He's a classmate, one of the family. He doesn't play for the NFL making 7 figures a year. If anybody needs to transfer it should be them.

tadman95
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
The Experience? Obviously you don't mean the ND experience where he's getting a $200K education that will make him a millionaire and cost mom and dad allowance money?

The Experience where he gets to become a Notre Dame Man and not just some college dude?

Tony Rice and Kevin McDougal had a ton more talent that Rees does. How'd their Experience pay off in the NFL? More recently what Round was Kellen Moore drafted in?

And as for those jeering him, shame on them. He's a classmate, one of the family. He doesn't play for the NFL making 7 figures a year. If anybody needs to transfer it should be them.

This so true.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
I agree too.

Chamellion
06-02-2012, 10:37 AM

By experience, I mean the actual day-to-day life at school. You can say degree degree degree all you want, but if you're having a bad experience, then it doesn't seem worth it when you're in the moment.

And when I said people stood up and cheered for his INT in the spring game, I was there, and trust me the majority of applause and cheering did not come from the students. Some did, but not exclusively.

Irishbounty28
07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Per Chicago Tribune his hearing was continued to July 24th because of scheduling conflicts with his attorney.

NDdomer2
08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I am starting to think we have seen the last of Tommy Rees ON the field, and he may already know it.

However, if that is the case you have to applaud a man who is willing to swallow some pride and really try and help this team.

“His work has been done in the classroom,” Kelly said of Rees. “His work is really working with the quarterbacks. He has a lot of experience; has played a lot of games. When we call a particular route, he can give insight and has been very valuable.”

“Tommy is an invaluable resource,” Hendrix said of his classmate. “He’s won a lot of games here, so any chance I can watch film with him or pick his brain about plays that’s who I go to right away.”

"So many times we'll be talking in the room, and he'll be like, 'If you need anything, I'm here for you.' "

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I would disagree. I hope that I am wrong, but I don't think that either of the other quarterbacks is ready for the big stage. I think that after Navy, Tommy will be back at the helm.

Damion704
08-09-2012, 10:43 AM
and Tommy is?

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
and Tommy is?

For all that can be said about Tommy, he at least knows the offense. Getting people in the right place with pre-snap reads is very important. I don't think the other guys are ready for that.

RDU Irish
08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Any way you slice it, Tommy was never going pro. Helping the team win and being prepared to step in if needed at the University of Notre Dame is not a bad lot in life. Tommy has always been a great kid and I hope the best for him, I just don't see him getting back on the field unless there are a rash of injuries or Hendrix and Golson completely pee down their leg, two scenarios I refuse to acknowledge.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
08-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I am starting to think we have seen the last of Tommy Rees ON the field, and he may already know it.

However, if that is the case you have to applaud a man who is willing to swallow some pride and really try and help this team.

Proves he's a true team player.

tko
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t514/kraust1/redhat.jpg

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd love it if he stayed although I still have doubts. He brings a lot to the table as a back up, and he has a baller's mentality, so hope he decides to stay and support the team and get an education.

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 10:58 AM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t514/kraust1/redhat.jpg

Nice, LMAO

Old Man Mike
08-09-2012, 11:12 AM
This seems pretty simple to me. Golson &/or Hendrix vs Navy = pretty good? ---> no Tommy vs Purdue. Golson &/or Hendrix vs Navy = mediocre to poor? Tommy might start vs Purdue. Golson &/or Hendrix good in both Navy and Purdue games? Tommy definite back-up for quite a while. Not a lot of mystery here to me.

Rhode Irish
08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
For all that can be said about Tommy, he at least knows the offense. Getting people in the right place with pre-snap reads is very important. I don't think the other guys are ready for that.

How do you know that?

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM
How do you know that?

Anecdotal mostly. If you listen to BK speak, you sort of get the idea that this is not exactly either of their strengths.

NDdomer2
08-09-2012, 11:36 AM
So we should play a guy who knows what play to call and what the defense is doing and STILL throws int's? I would rather the kid throw a pick because he DIDN'T know what the d was doing.

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 11:44 AM
So we should play a guy who knows what play to call and what the defense is doing and STILL throws int's? I would rather the kid throw a pick because he DIDN'T know what the d was doing.

Yeah, thats a tough one to call. But, your error rate will increase when you don't know what you are doing. So, if Tommy had turnovers when he knew what he was doing, what do you expect a rookie to do when he doesn't know what he is doing?

I am just surprised that it has taken BK this long to develop a QB. He did not seem to have this problem after year one at Cincy.

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 11:46 AM
It will all play out. I trust BK. Part of being a coach is getting young guys ready and transitioned. If BK blows the QB situation again this year, hello hot seat. Not saying he's bounced, but the temp rises significantly.

kmoose
08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
How do you know that?

Because they haven't started a single game, despite Rees' struggles?

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 11:48 AM

Yeah, that is pretty telling too.

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 11:56 AM

So I guess superior potential should never be given a chance to overcome mediocre experience? Not trying to be an @$$, but we have to trust the coach to teach, evaluate based on fact and data, and make an informed decision.

We know what we get with TR. Great team player with experience, but a lower ceiling from a pure skill perspective. I'm not a TR hater, but I do hate TOs, and I do believe we have more talented guys. Leaving those talented guys in storage does not provide potential for growth, nor does it provide opportunity to BK to run the O he wants to run.

Rhode Irish
08-09-2012, 12:03 PM

So we're just assuming everyone is the exact same player they were at the end of the FSU game? Maybe we should let them know so next year they don't waste all that time during the spring and summer.

Also, just to demonstrate the flaw in this logic, either Golson or Hendrix will start against Navy. So does that automatically put to bed the idea that they have work to do in terms of mastering the offense? I am not saying that they do or don't "get it," I'm just saying you don't know that they don't at this point.

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
So we're just assuming everyone is the exact same player they were at the end of the FSU game? Maybe we should let them know so next year they don't waste all that time during the spring and summer.

Also, just to demonstrate the flaw in this logic, either Golson or Hendrix will start against Navy. So does that automatically put to bed the idea that they have work to do in terms of mastering the offense? I am not saying that they do or don't "get it," I'm just saying you don't know that they don't at this point.

No, we don't make those assumptions in the least. Everyone, especially given BK's preaching of "player development" should be miles ahead of where they were last year. We don't know what we are going to get, but for me, I would rather have someone with three years in the offensive system who understands the game, who, like the other QB's will have a chance to "develop" and gain better decision making skills.

I don't want to move back to square one...no starting experience and a limited knowledge of the offense. I would rather have someone who has a greater ability to attack a defense because the playbook isn't limited by his experience. I know that neither Golson nor Hendrix have any quality playing experience (yes, Hendrix played towards the end of the year); the question is, does this lack of experience cause issues with our offensive attack.

BK himself said that neither QB was very good in 11 on 11 yesterday...and we only have three weeks before the opening game.

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
If we are going to use practice as a an indicator, we do know who preformed best in the spring game.

CarrollVermin
08-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I would prefer a greater measure of consistency than a few snaps in a spring game.

Irish YJ
08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Consistent TOs :-).
Beleive me, I know what you are saying. Transitioning to a new QB is always a risk, and always a pain. It fundamentally comes down to trusting the coach to teach, evaluate, and decide. All of us are arm chair coaches, so doing my best to have faith in BK and staff.