PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA QB Chase Rettig (BC Verbal)

BGIF
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Pro QB
San Clemente CA San Clemente

Ht: 6-3
Wt: 205
40:
Bench:
Squat:
Vertical:
GPA:
SAT:

Combine
Forty:
Shuttle: 4.37
Vertical: 29
3Cone: 7.41
Broad Jump: 8'-10"

Star Ratings
Rivals: NR
Scout: 1 Star, #NR QB
ESPN: QB 150 Watch List

Statistics
2007 - 2500 yds, 25 TD
2008 -
2009 -

OFFERS:

OTHERS: UAZ, ASU camp '09, BC camp'09, UNC camp '09, NDcamp '09, ORS, USC, UTN camp '09, UCLA camp '09, UW camp'09

BGIF
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Rettig has already been to Nike Camp at USC in April, camped at UTN, and UCLA. Will be at ASU camp weekend and camping at UNC and BC. USC camp and UW camp are scheduled later this month.

BGIF
07-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Rettig camped at USC and claims their top choice is Jesse Scroggins who is also high on UTN. He's awaiting Scroggins decision. Supposedly whichever school Scroggins choses Rettig will become the top prospect at the other school.

No mention of ND.

WabashFalcon
07-02-2009, 04:02 AM
So it's the old "I-don't-care-where-I-go-as-long-as-I'm-the-only-quarterback-recruited-by-this school-this-cycle-because-I'm-beyond-awesome-play". Been a while since I last saw that one.

BGIF
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
So it's the old "I-don't-care-where-I-go-as-long-as-I'm-the-only-quarterback-recruited-by-this school-this-cycle-because-I'm-beyond-awesome-play". Been a while since I last saw that one.

I didn't read a Leak attitude into Rettig's situation and missed it if Scroggins said that. Scroggins is a Top 10 QB and most of them have already verballed. So he does have some muscle at the moment.

Rettig is in a waiting game. USC and UTN have both told him he'll get an offer IF Scroggins doesn't chose them. Meanwhile both schools are looking at other possibilities. He could get stiffed by both of them.

When you consider Carroll's stable of top ranked QBs at USC when was the last time he made an offer to an unranked QB recruit? Would the other QBs let him hold a clipboard?

jason_h537
07-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Chase Rettig finally got a big time offer and its from Tennessee. Good for him, i liked this kid and was hoping ND would offer

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=West_Recruiting)

Sucks to be BC hahaha

BGIF
07-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Chase Rettig finally got a big time offer and its from Tennessee. Good for him, i liked this kid and was hoping ND would offer

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=West_Recruiting)

Sucks to be BC hahaha

BC is having a tough time with QBs.

BGIF
07-14-2009, 04:21 AM
QB Chase Rettig decided not to wait on the USC/UTN battle over Jesse Scroggins and settle for leftovers, he verballed to BC instead.

Had Rettig chosen USC or UTN the Eagles might have been shutout at QB a dire need for their program.

jason_h537
07-14-2009, 04:35 AM
If Tennesse doesn't get Scroggins they will be hurting for the next 2 years

NDinL.A.
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
If Tennesse doesn't get Scroggins they will be hurting for the next 2 years

And the USC people say he is heavily leaning towards USC. What the hell is the deal with Kiffin and QB's? He can't even sniff a QB commit lately! And they are in desperate need of one. The Tenn fans are gripping right now...