PDA

View Full Version : '10 OH QB Andrew Hendrix (Notre Dame Signee)

Pages : [1] 2 3

BGIF
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Quarterback
Cincinnati, OH; Moeller HS

Height: 6-3
Weight: 220
Forty: 4.7
Bench Max: 225
Squat Max: 385
GPA: 3.5

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; Quarterback (13), Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s:; Quarterback (29)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #11 QB, Grade 80

Honors
Offense-Defense All-American Bowl

Statistics:
Junior: 61%; 1,700 Yards; 11 Touchdowns; 7 Interceptions

Offers:
Notre Dame
Florida (OV 1/8/10)
Ohio State
Tennessee
Miami
Wisconsin
Purdue
Stanford
Boston College
Cincinnati
Kansas
Illinois
Indiana
Louisville
Miami OH
Nebraska
Vanderbilt
Virginia

ND Recruiter: Tenuta, Powlus

Decision: 6/25 Notre Dame

BGIF
05-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Jeff Baumhower, IrishEyes, reports the ND offer.

BGIF
05-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class not only as a powerful pocket passer, but also as a deceptively good athlete. He possesses adequate-to-good height and a solid build. Arm strength is outstanding and he is one of the few players in this class with natural downfield power and terrific wrist snap and velocity on all throws. Plays in a multiple set scheme out of the shotgun and from under center. Foot speed is good for the position and overall athleticism is very good. Gets back and set quickly in the pocket, feet are balanced and he shows poise and confidence surveying the field. ...

Much more at the LINK

Andrew Hendrix - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=80841&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d808 41%26season%3d2010)

BGIF
05-29-2009, 10:32 AM
He's visited UTN and received an offer.

Scout.com: Hendrix loves visit to Knoxville-FREE READ (http://tennessee.scout.com/2/858681.html)

nlroma1o
05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.

BGIF
05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.

The ESPN evaluation seemed to like his running ability. I got the impression he would add a dimension that Jimmy Clausen doesn't have or at least hasn't shown. I assumed Hendrix was more a runner than say Brady Quinn (QB draws) who was more a runner than Clausen. How would you equate Hendrix versus Quinn and Clausen as a dual QB, soley the mobility/rushing side?

nlroma1o
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
When i watched him play Elder last fall (I forget if it was a playoff game of regualr season match up) Elders defense had him hurting. From what i remember he had a couple nice runs which were impressive bc they were plays were you make something out of nothing. But when he looked to pass he had no time and he just looked lost back in the pocket. IMO he appeared to be quicker than brady and clausen.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.

BGIF
05-29-2009, 05:47 PM
It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.

ND and OSU both have Hendrix and Montana as their highest offers.

IrishInFl
05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Did OSU get a QB last recruiting class?

BGIF
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Did OSU get a QB last recruiting class?

A 3 Star QB ranked somewhere in the 30's. Accident insurance.

jason_h537
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
QB and WR seem interesting to me because it appears as if the staff might be worried about losing out on their top targets. The rest ofthe class should be fine with some wins but the staff wants and needs quarterbacks

BGIF
05-30-2009, 02:21 AM
QB and WR seem interesting to me because it appears as if the staff might be worried about losing out on their top targets. The rest ofthe class should be fine with some wins but the staff wants and needs quarterbacks

I have a response but put it in the thread "Sorting Out The QBs" instead of posting in this kid's thread.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/fighting-irish-recruiting/43719-sorting-out-qbs.html#post289659

BGIF
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=471&category_id=7&Itemid=83 (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=471&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

Raves about ND particularly about the academics. Wants to study pre-medicine. (ND has an excellent record in preparing for med school.)

Appears he's a lifelong OSU fan.

ND and OSU will both be on his shortlist.

IrishAddiction
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Nice article BGIF. Thank you.

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Hendrix plans on visiting NotreDame on monday per Rivals Message board. Said he got his official offer in the mail today.

"I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen."

BGIF
06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

Talk about a pregnant sentence. Where's the "but ..."

Let me paraphrase, "I got your marriage proposal in the mail today," she said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen ... BUT when I didn't hear from you sooner, I crawled in bed with Tressel."

I wouldn't be booking a church and honeymoon off that quote above.

Tell me there was more explaining the "could have been" part.

Like, "It could have been the sweetest thing if it arrived before Tressel slipped me his ...

Had the sentence read, "It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life to date." It would be a hell of a lot more positive.

The Polish Irishman
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
He is on campus today. Unofficial visit.

BGIF
06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
He is on campus today. Unofficial visit.

And I trust it's the sweetest thing he's ever seen!

Irish52
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.

jason_h537
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.

Not if the staff believes they can get Montana. They may not be interested in Thomas. Hendrix should be on campus right now.

NDinL.A.
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly Montana's just a month ago. Unreal.

jason_h537
06-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Recruiting has really started to pick up. Ina dream sceneario we could get Amerson, Bailey, Boyd, Wood, James, and Hendrix this month. One or two would still be pretty awesome though.

Irishlew
06-09-2009, 03:46 AM
According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly his just a month ago. Unreal.

yeah from what i read...he almost committed on the spot.

General Colon Bowel
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
There's an insider article on Rivals that confirms he almost committed to ND right then and there. I can't read it, but I'm assuming that it says he really enjoyed his visit to South Bend.

JeremyND07
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I think this years QB recruit is just a career back-up to the top QB recruit in next years class! That being said I like Hendrix as the possible sleeper of this class too!

phork
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Hendrix nearly commits to Irish
Steve Hare
IrishIllustrated.com

Andrew Hendrix needed just one word to sum up his visit to Notre Dame on Monday. Fantastic. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect from Cincinnati, Ohio spent the afternoon in South Bend getting a personal tour of Notre Dame.

This is the info from Rivals, the rest of course is premium info.

BGIF
06-10-2009, 01:02 AM
... They may not be interested in Thomas. ...

From his offer sheet or perhaps more appropriately his "lack of offers" sheet, for what ever reasons their lack of interest seems to be commonplace.

6'5", 220 completes almost 70% of his passes for over 3000 yds, almost 6:1 TD:INT ratio.

3.9 GPA/1590 SAT Harvard offered; Stanford with over 200 offers made ... didn't.

BC offers; BC selects someone else.

Thomas treks to UMD; Terps select someone else

Thomas treks to NCS; no offer.

He's a Top 25 (Pro & Dual) QB pulling down "best" offers from ASU and NW.

Thomas is out knocking on doors but few are opening.

BGIF
06-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.

NDinL.A.
06-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.

With Montana gone to UW, it is imperative that we land Hendrix. Montana to UW combined w/ Hendrix to OSU would be disastrous. Hendrix and Massa would be great IMO...

irish4ever
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM

Though the Irish are competing against OSU for his services, I like ND's chances on landing him. Surely, with his comments about how he enjoyed his visit and the fact that no big name QB recruited last year nor yet this year by ND, he will look at this as being a golden opportunity and join the Irish ranks!

NDinL.A.
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
He did a chat yesterday for 40 minutes on Bucknuts.com for the OSU fans. I'll say this: He's a great kid, very well spoken and down to earth. ND would be lucky to have him. The OSU fans were trying to bait him into saying something negative about ND, but he wouldn't bite. The common refrain was that with CW's job in jeopardy how would that affect his decision to attend ND, and Hendrix repeated a few times that he thought that ND was on the rise and that CW was going to be there for years. He said he loved his trip to ND, and that CW never badmouthed another program and that CW never would do that, but he just gave Hendrix the facts.

Hendrix will be visiting OSU today, and he said that he was really looking forward to it. He wants to be a surgeon, so he'll check out OSU's pre-med program. Even though there are 4 teams in his top list, this is a two horse race. The mod at bucknuts puts OSu's chances at 45%, but that is before the visit. This is a HUGE get IMO for this class, just in the sense that we need to get a QB in this class, and a quality one at that. We have no other QB's on the board at this time...

JeremyND07
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM

I do not see it! #1 priority to me would be DL/OL. JC is only a Junior and Crist has at least 3 years left...Nate is fine at 3rd string until we bring in a stud next year! QB is low priority in my mind. Am I missing something?

goldandblue
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
yeah your missing something. Jimmy has a great year this year decides to go pro. 1st game of the season next year Crist goes down MCL out for season. Do you want Nate to be the only qb on the roster?

I do not see any of this happening especially the part about Jimmy going pro but in college football as well as any business there has to be a continuity plan in case of disaster. We need another QB on the roster.

JeremyND07
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
yeah your missing something. Jimmy has a great year this year decides to go pro. 1st game of the season next year Crist goes down MCL out for season. Do you want Nate to be the only qb on the roster?

I do not see any of this happening especially the part about Jimmy going pro but in college football as well as any business there has to be a continuity plan in case of disaster. We need another QB on the roster.

Exactly why I asked if I was missing somethng. I am just use to ND players staying for all 4 years but I guess it could happen. Just hard to get a top flight recruit when they know they will be riding the pine for 3 years more then likely! I do not think Hendrix would scare away any top tier QB recruits next year so either way is fine with me.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Plus most teams have at least three quarterbacks on scholarship. Shoot, I think Oregon and UCLA have six.

Also, keep in mind, the last time ND started a QB from Ohio, things turned out pretty well.

BGIF
06-11-2009, 11:52 AM
With Montana gone to UW, it is imperative that we land Hendrix. Montana to UW combined w/ Hendrix to OSU would be disastrous. Hendrix and Massa would be great IMO...

Hendrix and Massa could restore the balance at QB.

Massa alone on a questionable knee ...

BGIF
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Though the Irish are competing against OSU for his services, I like ND's chances on landing him. Surely, with his comments about how he enjoyed his visit and the fact that no big name QB recruited last year nor yet this year by ND, he will look at this as being a golden opportunity and join the Irish ranks!

Pryor would really be the only one ahead of him and he could opt for the draft early. The wait could be shorter at OSU.

BGIF
06-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I do not see it!

And I can't find the article on any site now. I thought it was on ISD but can't find it there or anywhere. I have a link but it doesn't work and doesn't give me any indication what site it came from. I've googled the title, author and such and don't find it either. I found the article in the wee hours of the morning so it may have been become a premium article. I don't know. But I do have the article and will post the list in a thread of it's own.

#1 priority to me would be DL/OL.

#1 Priority to me is a PAIR of stud OTs, Henderson and Hurst.

Smitty prefaced his list that he was only including recruits with a reasonable chance of coming to ND. He noted you will not see several prominent names that have ND offers because he did not feel ND was a viable candidate - at that time. He did name a couple of Ols in the middle of his list - no "H"s.

JC is only a Junior and Crist has at least 3 years left...Nate is fine at 3rd string until we bring in a stud next year! QB is low priority in my mind. Am I missing something?

Most definitely missing something. Put aside Clausen leaving early for the Draft.

Do you remember how Pat Dillingham got to be the starting QB for ND in '02?

How the 9th ranked Irish lost to unranked USC 10-0 in '98?

Deju vu on New Year's Day in Gator Bowl against GT?

Recall Tom Krug filling in for an injured Ron Powlus late in '95 then learning before the bowl he had a congenital neck problem and his sports career was over? Powlus played without a backup in the Orange Bowl.

How 'bout The Game of the Century in '66? Bubba Smith knocked out Hanratty in the 1st Q. Backup Coley O'Brien had just been diagnosed with unregulated diabetes. Medical staff fed him candy bars trying to adjust his sugar throughout the game.

ND has had years where they're flush at QB and a kid named Montana was 7th string. They've also had years where they were thin and one OR two injuries wiped out the scholarship players.

I liked Nate in the Spring game but he was throwing to Ragone in garbage time against walkons and 4th stringers.

ND is two snaps or two xrays from starting a walkon football player at QB.

Wasn't UCLA a year or two ago using a 5th string QB because of a calamity of injuries?

Look at Boston College right now.

Baltimore RB Tom Matte was the FIRST QB to wear an armband of plays. ALL the Colt QBs had gone down with injuries so they pressed him into service. He didn't know the plays so they taped his forearm and wrote the plays on it for him to call.

BGIF
06-11-2009, 12:39 PM
... I am just use to ND players staying for all 4 years but I guess it could happen. ...

Most do, but Zorich, Rocket, Taylor, and Walker come readily to mind. Clausen's got the potential to make more money in the NFL than all of them combined.

NDinL.A.
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
UPDATE!!!

On Bucknuts.com, Hendrix talked about his Ohio St. visit. He said it went very well, and they really showed him the red carpet treatment, the same way ND treated him. He basically said the same things he said about the ND trip, but he definitely, IMO, sounded a wee bit more enthused about his ND visit. He basically came out and said it is now a 2 team race, OSU and ND.

But the best news is that he will be coming back to ND on June 21st, and he wants to make a decision within 2 weeks after that visit. Him coming back to ND to give us the last look makes me really like our chances hear. I think we found our QB of the class of 2010 boys...

BGIF
06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
UPDATE!!!

... but he definitely, IMO, sounded a wee bit more enthused about his ND visit. ...

Hmmm, an opinion from an unworking teacher that reads a lot and doesn't get enough sleep ...

looks like the Fat Lady will on warbling on campus on the 21st.

irish4ever
06-11-2009, 02:18 PM
UPDATE!!!
I think we found our QB of the class of 2010 boys...

I sure hope that you're right at that!

jason_h537
06-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Per Rivals: Hendrix says he does not have official plans to visit on the 21st but is thinking about. Said he is gonna call Kyle Rudolph to get his insider perspective on the Irish.

NDinL.A.
06-18-2009, 11:19 AM
A caller to a call in show to Rivals guys asked about Hendrix, and the Rivals guy said that Hendrix was going to visit ND again and then commit to ND. Just another man's opinion, but it's still good to hear. From everything I've been reading, Hendrix is going to be ours!

Polish Leppy 22
06-18-2009, 12:17 PM
good news indeed

Irishlew
06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
hell yeah we get our 6th choice woohoo...we are ND.

BGIF
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM

I think our 7th actually. He's ranked by Rivals one slot lower, 11th, than Brady Quinn, 10th, was. We should do so bad at OT and DT!

wicket
06-18-2009, 08:28 PM
I think our 7th actually. He's ranked by Rivals one slot, 11th, than Brady Quinn, 10th, was. We should do so bad at OT and DT!

have you seen where the top qb's this class are from.
virginia, colorado, kansas, texas, washington,michigan,penn.
all states we didnt really shine in recruiting historically.
the only higher option on the boards we missed was scroggins but we never even offered him. all our other offers were legitimate longshots. seriously be happy if we get hendrix cuz the kid is good

jason_h537
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
A caller to a call in show to Rivals guys asked about Hendrix, and the Rivals guy said that Hendrix was going to visit ND again and then commit to ND. Just another man's opinion, but it's still good to hear. From everything I've been reading, Hendrix is going to be ours!

Not so fast my friend... Steve Hare shot this rumor down today as well as a rumor that Hendrix was at Tennessee. Hendrix might be visiting on Wednesday however, it is still not for certian.

OCIrish
06-18-2009, 11:30 PM
And here I was all excited about getting our QB for this class.

NDinL.A.
06-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Not so fast my friend... Steve Hare shot this rumor down today as well as a rumor that Hendrix was at Tennessee. Hendrix might be visiting on Wednesday however, it is still not for certian.

Oh I'm not saying what Rivals said was automatic, I just said that it was another positive opinion. Even in his journal that he's writing for a Cinci paper, Hendrix himself says that it's down to pretty much OSU and ND, and that he's torn (gotta keep the element of surprise).

Again, I'm not one of those guys that says "I think he's Irish" whenever a recruit says he's interested in ND after they offer, so I don't say this lightly: With OSU's Graham offer, the pro-style offense we run, and with all the things I've been reading, including OSU boards which are already slamming Hendrix and saying they'd much rather have Graham (love it! LOL), I truly believe Hendrix will choose ND. I have no inside info, just been reading the tea leaves, so to speak, and pretty much all ND 'insiders', and even some OSU insiders, are saying ND is in the lead for Hendrix. Let's hope so...

WabashFalcon
06-19-2009, 05:57 AM

Who pissed in your Corn Flakes (No gift inside)?

ND FANATIC
06-19-2009, 07:57 AM

so we should take no one?......

irish4ever
06-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Hendrix would be a good fit for the Irish! I hope that he does indeed come our way. Heck, with his list of schools of interest and being heavily recruited by O$U, it's no doubt that he has talent and potential!

tko
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Oh I'm not saying what Rivals said was automatic, I just said that it was another positive opinion. Even in his journal that he's writing for a Cinci paper, Hendrix himself says that it's down to pretty much OSU and ND, and that he's torn (gotta keep the element of surprise).

Again, I'm not one of those guys that says "I think he's Irish" whenever a recruit says he's interested in ND after they offer, so I don't say this lightly: With OSU's Graham offer, the pro-style offense we run, and with all the things I've been reading, including OSU boards which are already slamming Hendrix and saying they'd much rather have Graham (love it! LOL), I truly believe Hendrix will choose ND. I have no inside info, just been reading the tea leaves, so to speak, and pretty much all ND 'insiders', and even some OSU insiders, are saying ND is in the lead for Hendrix. Let's hope so...

hopefully you're not reading the tea BAG!

NDinL.A.
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM

ISD is reporting that Hendrix is visiting Tuesday and probably spending the night. Wants to hang out with the players. Looking good here...

BGIF
06-19-2009, 12:19 PM
... OSU boards which are already slamming Hendrix and saying they'd much rather have Graham (love it! LOL), ...

How very "we dodged that bullet!" Wolverine of them. That's been the UM mantra for years when a recruit spurns them.

jason_h537
06-19-2009, 12:44 PM
ISD is reporting that Hendrix is visiting Tuesday and probably spending the night. Wants to hang out with the players. Looking good here...

Nice... maybe well get lucky and add Hendrix and Leuders who will be there tuesday as well.

Irishlew
06-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Who pissed in your Corn Flakes (No gift inside)?

so we should take no one?......

why am i bothering to reply? i dunno, maybe because I'm amazed people still can't pick up on sarcasm.

jason_h537
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
why am i bothering to reply? i dunno, maybe because I'm amazed people still can't pick up on sarcasm.

To be fair, sarcasm is a lil trickier in text.

BGIF
06-19-2009, 11:25 PM

Seems like you make more than a half dozen now thought that.

OCIrish
06-20-2009, 07:22 AM

R u sure?

The Polish Irishman
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
He should be on campus soon enough and I think he is leaving tomorrow

Riddickulous
06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Hopefully he commits.

ant80
06-23-2009, 03:15 PM
He ain't going to OSU, that's for sure. I assume he commits to ND.

ndftbl
06-23-2009, 03:36 PM
per Scout.com

The Polish Irishman
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Graham QB commited to O$U, helps our cause with Hendrix

tko
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
graham ahead

BGIF
06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Graham QB commited to O$U, helps our cause with Hendrix

Congrats to the Buckeyes on securing a legacy.

And for those ND handwringers, feel free to add him to the list of legacies "spurning" ND.

BGIF
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
per Scout.com

ndftbl, That's an old listing that wasn't updated not unusual at Scout. Mike Frank lamented that frequently when he was associated with Scout.com

BTW, there are threads for the recruits already existing. Hendrix's is

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010-recruiting-profiles/43863-10-oh-qb-andrew-hendrix-official-offer.html

ndftbl
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
"That's an old listing that wasn't updated not unusual at Scout. Mike Frank lamented that frequently when he was associated with Scout.com"

Actually the Scout listing had us both listed as "medium interest" as recently as over the weekend.

And my thread re Hendrix has nothing to do with the old thread re Hendrix.

(I'm not an idiot, in other words.)

IrishInFl
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
"That's an old listing that wasn't updated not unusual at Scout. Mike Frank lamented that frequently when he was associated with Scout.com"

Actually the Scout listing had us both listed as "medium interest" as recently as over the weekend.

Huh? How is this not related to the regular thread?

notredomer23
06-23-2009, 04:52 PM
im confused. but hendrix is ours.

NDinL.A.
06-23-2009, 04:56 PM

You didn't use quotes right in your response, but you're not an idiot?

JUST KIDDING dude!

Listen, some message boards start new threads every single time they hear something new about a guy (like DD), and other message boards like to keep it to the same thread. Neither one is better per se, it just depends on what you prefer. This message board usually keeps recruits' info on the same thread. Soooooo, your info that you posted would have fit better, for this message board, under the Hendrix thread. That's all.

NDinL.A.
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Congrats to the Buckeyes on securing a legacy.

And for those ND handwringers, feel free to add him to the list of legacies "spurning" ND.

LOL. Obviously Graham was never offered, thus he didn't spurn us. Hell, he never even committed to coming to camp at ND, which would have given him the opportunity to earn an offer, considering he was hurt most of last year. I believe that if the tables were turned, and Hendrix had been leaning towards OSU, if ND had offered Graham he'd be committing to ND right now instead of the other way around.

I'm sooooooo happy/relieved that it looks like we'll be getting Hendrix very soon (we'd have to really fuck it up NOT to get his commit now). Time will tell who got the better QB. It's so funny how quickly the OSU fans turned on Hendrixdonce it looked like he was leaning towards ND. Read their boards and all of a sudden they got the better QB in Graham, even though OSU offered Graham AFTER they offered Hendrix. Hmmm. Oh well, whatever. Hopefully Hendrix is the stud his film/measurables show him to be...

BGIF
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock ...

ndftbl
06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
"You didn't use quotes right in your response, but you're not an idiot?"

So there is a rule you have to use quotes the default way, even though it quotes the entire passage rather than just the portion you want to quote???? So we're not allowed to use our brains, in other words?

And so we have to miss the major point here, which is not to post false statements?

We should be concerned when the Scout listing changes Hendrix to "high interest" in OSU.

I feel comfortable with Hendrix picking ND, but we have been surprised before. See, e.g., Nick Montana.

notredomer23
06-23-2009, 10:12 PM

So there is a rule you have to use quotes the default way, even though it quotes the entire passage rather than just the portion you want to quote???? So we're not allowed to use our brains, in other words?

And so we have to miss the major point here, which is not to post false statements?

We should be concerned when the Scout listing changes Hendrix to "high interest" in OSU.

I feel comfortable with Hendrix picking ND, but we have been surprised before. See, e.g., Nick Montana.

dont worry. Hendrix will be ours by july.

jason_h537
06-23-2009, 10:51 PM

why you snappin?

Junkhead
06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Who cares about new threads? As dead as this place has been since the V-buck reduction fiasco, and lack of sportsbook, they should be begging for more posts. Yeah, I went there..... That said, I have a good feeling about Hendrix, which means nothing since I have no feel for what high school guys want. No gayness intended.

ndftbl
06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Who cares about new threads? As dead as this place has been since the V-buck reduction fiasco, and lack of sportsbook, they should be begging for more posts. Yeah, I went there..... That said, I have a good feeling about Hendrix, which means nothing since I have no feel for what high school guys want. No gayness intended.

I have a good feeling too, but let's be honest, I think most of us had a good feeling about Nick Montana.

ndftbl
06-23-2009, 11:34 PM
"why you snappin?"

But I do appreciate your concern. That's actually a refreshing change of pace.

jason_h537
06-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I have a good feeling too, but let's be honest, I think most of us had a good feeling about Nick Montana.

Not really. Mostposters here had hoped he would come to South Bend but as the year went on i at least assumed he would end up elsewhere (Stanford).

BGIF
06-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Not really. Mostposters here had hoped he would come to South Bend but as the year went on i at least assumed he would end up elsewhere (Stanford).

And you weren't alone.

jason_h537
06-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Did we just agree...

Break out the champagne!!!!!!!
:djparty:

Irishlew
06-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Blah blah blah.

:pileof:

NDinL.A.
06-24-2009, 12:08 AM

It was a joke dude, thus the capital JUST KIDDING in my post. Here, maybe this will help:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Hope that helps.

Relax man, take your girl out for a beer or something. And if she's no fun, then take her sister. Whatever it is, I was just having some fun.

As for Hendrix, again, every single ND insider says he's Irish. The only other real threat was OSU, who offered someone else last week when it became apparent that Hendrix was going to ND, and that QB already committed. You even have 'inside sources' that know the family saying Hendrix is all ND. He's there right now, and he'll prob commit within a week.

Yes, we have been burned before, you're absolutely right. And until they actually sign, shit I'm always nervous. I feel you there. But Montana is a bad example. Most ND recruiting people never got the warm and fuzzies when it came to Montana. He was never even close to committing as Hendrix is right now. I'm waaayy more worried about Lueder than Hendrix, and Lueder could pop any day now (he better, the longer he waits the worse it is for ND)...

IrishInFl
06-24-2009, 12:11 AM
PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! Or is this guy really that full of shit? I'm not saying that Hendrix is a easy get from OSU right now, but for anyone who regulars this site, they should know better than to say the OSU is in the lead.

JeremyND07
06-24-2009, 07:25 AM

Just when I was beginning to forget about losing all my V-bucks...I use to check this site 2-3 times a day during recruiting season. Now every other day is plenty!

ndftbl
06-24-2009, 12:56 PM
"It was a joke dude, thus the capital JUST KIDDING in my post. Here, maybe this will help:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Hope that helps.

Relax man, take your girl out for a beer or something. And if she's no fun, then take her sister. Whatever it is, I was just having some fun."

Clearly you are one who has it all together (kind of like Dr. Phil), and as such can advise others.

By the way, I was talking about telling the board that a Scout listing was outdated, when in fact it had just been revised on Monday.

phork
06-24-2009, 01:22 PM
You know can edit what info you actually have in the quote part, CUT & PASTE dood.

NDinL.A.
06-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Hendrix has left ND. MF said he heard the trip went well, but he's waiting to hear from Hendrix personally. More info will trickle in all day I'm sure, and I'm off so I'll try to keep y'all abreast if anything does happen today...

Sureal
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Cool glad you'll let us know what's going down today.

Just don't keep me abreast. Please.

Not fond of man chest hairs around my person...

This needs to be a closed deal by the first of July. Why? Because I said so.

BGIF
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Hendrix has left ND. MF said he heard the trip went well, but he's waiting to hear from Hendrix personally. More info will trickle in all day I'm sure, and I'm off so I'll try to keep y'all abreast if anything does happen today...

Thanks for the update.

irishandy
06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Hopefully he commits

jason_h537
06-24-2009, 11:15 PM
So far only news is that he had a great time and loves hanging out with the players, especially Kyle Rudolph. Says he hasnt given out much info because he is busycalling so many people

NDinL.A.
06-25-2009, 12:24 AM
So far only news is that he had a great time and loves hanging out with the players, especially Kyle Rudolph. Says he hasnt given out much info because he is busycalling so many people

He's doing a blog/diary type of thing with his local Cinci paper, so ND people think he's going to give them the scoop. It's a wait and see thing, but it looks good...

IrishInFl
06-25-2009, 12:27 AM
How does this look good? Hendrix is listed high on OSU! Er, wait...

jason_h537
06-25-2009, 01:55 AM
I hope so. Some good news is needed right now

FrankMA
06-25-2009, 07:53 AM
He is Irish!
Moeller QB chooses ND | Cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090625/SPT0301/306250027/Moeller+QB+chooses+ND)

irish4ever
06-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Fantastic! We needed that commitment!

03euroSVT
06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Glad to hear it. Now let's go win some games so we can pull in more talent.

The Polish Irishman
06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Great to hear! We were in need of some good news.

IrishInFl
06-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Ah, Man! I thought he had OSU high on his list!

Welcome to ND Andrew! Go Irish!

NDinL.A.
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Ah, Man! I thought he had OSU high on his list!

Welcome to ND Andrew! Go Irish!

LOL. Those 'medium/low/high' interest things mean shit half the time, because they are either outdated or misinformed. I mean, Scout has him as medium on ND, yet he scheduled his last visit (a re-visit) to ND, had more nice things to say about ND, said ND's offense fit his style better than OSU, the Bucknuts mod said he was probably going to ND, and all the ND bigwig recruiting guys were saying he was going to ND, but yet we're supposed to be worried because of some stupid Scout gauge? Thanks anyways buddy...

IrishInFl
06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry, I can't help myself from feeding the troll.

BGIF
06-25-2009, 02:20 PM
LOL. Those 'medium/low/high' interest things mean shit half the time, because they are either outdated or misinformed. I mean, Scout has him as medium on ND, yet he scheduled his last visit (a re-visit) to ND, had more nice things to say about ND, said ND's offense fit his style better than ND, the Bucknuts mod said he was probably going to ND, and all the ND bigwig recruiting guys were saying he was going to ND, but yet we're supposed to be worried because of some stupid Scout gauge? Thanks anyways buddy...

Careful your "public service announcement" might spark a deju vu "Idiot" hissy fit tirade from the reading comprehension challenged.

BGIF
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't know how Hendrix will pan out 4 or 5 years down the road. But right now he is the most important recruit in this class. Momentum which appeared to be growing with the big unofficial recruiting weekend ahead crashed to a halt yesterday with Martin's tinge of doubt.

Hurst had gone elsewhere. Tai-ler had gone elsewhere. Montana had gone elsewhere, along with Bell, Wood, Gardner, Hinder, and Heaps. Henderson lost ND's name. Barr was pondering positions. Lueders came and went, and came and went, and came and went. OT's were offered in droves and accepting at a snail's pace The Coaches Hot Seat articles proclaimed Charlie #1!

Now those hot shot WRs know there's somebody to throw the ball, A.C. (After Crist).

Hendrix importance may well be that when others feared the light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train, he saw opportunity and grasped it.

Kierkegaard would be proud of this leap to faith.

Book it, Quinntastic!

NDinL.A.
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Guys, you are going to absolutely love this kid. He talked about his visit to Steve Wiltfong, and how he loved Weis, and the tradition, etc, all the things recruits say. Then he talked about how Randolph and Crist were his guides, and how great they both were, esp Crist, whom he called someone who could be a great mentor for him (Crist - what a stud. Could see Hendrix as a future threat, but welcomes him with open arms).

But the best part he said was about how he's going to start recruiting other athletes - IMMEDIATELY. Said it's his number one job, and he's willing to call other recruits, starting with an OLineman we desperately need, Matt James, also from Ohio. His attitude reminds me of Dayne Crist, and this kid will be an asset to ND...

Polish Leppy 22
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Nice observation. From the way you're talking he def. sounds like another version of Crist, and boy does ND need more guys like that in terms of leadership

IrishAddiction
06-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the family Andrew! Go IRISH!

irishandy
06-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Good pick up, glad we got him. Let's hope we get some more good recruits.

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
#11 QB in the nation? Nice, and I'd much rather have him over Montana anyway.

jason_h537
06-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Awesome. Said he wanted to commit but Weis said to talk to your mom first. Hendrix went out to meet his mom and she had bought him and Irish shirt and hat. Way to go mom

OCIrish
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Good pick up, glad we got him. Let's hope we get some more good recruits.

Let's hope that Martin takes notice that there are great players who believe that the Irish will have a good year and that there won't be a need to take a look around.

jason_h537
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Im pretty sure Chris Martin is still committed. Ill worry if he says im done with Notre Dame.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I love this pickup. Very glad we got our QB, and I am very excited that it's Hendrix. I like QBs from Ohio - they seem to know how to win games.

NDinL.A.
06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Here's what Tom Luginbill from ESPN/Scout said about Hendrix:

"I know this is a big statement, but this could be one of the most important pick-ups for Notre Dame since Charlie Weis arrived as we feel Hendrix is one of the best prospects in this class at the QB position and may have more upside than any of the QBs they have signed in the last four classes. As we have stated before, this is not a great class as a group of QBs, but there are a handful of guys we feel could set themselves apart and Hendrix is one of them."

Very nice!

jason_h537
06-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Its weird raeding an ESPN article that doesnt dump on an Irish commit.

crusader3
06-27-2009, 12:08 AM
I have known Hendrix since his CYO football days (Cincinnati Youth Organization). He is a great kid and has just gotten better and better. He has a plus arm and is extremely smart. They run a college style offense at Moeller, where he plays against one of the best schedules in the country, period. He will be great down the road. From what I was told he hung out with Rudolph, Crist, and Clausen up at ND and liked them all. I can tell you this. By Hendrix committing to ND, you will almost definately have Matt James now... Welch doesn't hurt either.

BTW, all three of those players (Hendrix, Welch, James) are from the same league!

jason_h537
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
If we get anymore commits, i might Jizz in my pants

OCIrish
06-27-2009, 12:20 AM
If we get anymore commits, i might Jizz in my pants

:jerkit:

BGIF
08-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Despite all the weeping and gnashing of teeth by ND fans during the hunt for the next QB. ESPN believes ND has done very well with Andrew Hendrix. ESPN puts Hendrix into the second tier of Top QBs on the verge of moving up to the Top Tier.

Tom Luginbill: There is little separation at the top among the highest-rated quarterbacks in the 2010 class - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=luginbill_tom&id=4388351)

ESPN only lists 6 QBs in the their Top 150 Prospects. No QB in the class of 2010 has received 5 stars, only 16 earned 4 stars. They expect that during the '09 season the top 15- 20 QBs could change position in their rankings.

Luginbill breaks those QB into 4 categories:

Top Prospects: Sims, Scroggins, Bell, Bolden, and Gardner
On The Verge: Heaps, Brunetti, Hendrix, and Lee
Don't Sleep On These Guys: Bray, Smith, Retting, and Nottingham
Nuggets: Montana, Whitmer, Whitmer, Miller, Hinder, Wood, McCoy, Kaiser, Manley, and Dashnaw

8/10 On the verge:
Andrew Hendrix (Cincinnati/Moeller) College: Notre Dame Arguably one of the biggest arms in the class, Notre Dame got a good one in Hendrix. The more you watch this kid on tape, the more impressive he becomes. We'd love to see him focus purely on football from a mechanical standpoint. Luginbill ESPN

MirageSmack
08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I didn't see him play, but talked with those who did. Moeller played the top team in KY, Trinity, and had an easy way with them for the most part. This was a scrimmage game, not actual game.

Before you trash Ky schools, there are 2 that compete somewhat effectively against Indiana, Tennessee and Ohio powerhouses, and they are Louisville Trinity and Louisville St X. Trinity is going for their 8th state title in 9 years, plus 5 straight. The fact that Hendrix kinda man handled them bodes well I think.

Rizzophil
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I didn't see him play, but talked with those who did. Moeller played the top team in KY, Trinity, and had an easy way with them for the most part. This was a scrimmage game, not actual game.

Before you trash Ky schools, there are 2 that compete somewhat effectively against Indiana, Tennessee and Ohio powerhouses, and they are Louisville Trinity and Louisville St X. Trinity is going for their 8th state title in 9 years, plus 5 straight. The fact that Hendrix kinda man handled them bodes well I think.

So, what was the feedback about Hendrix?

NDinL.A.
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Hendrix is a great kid who you guys are going to love. He is doing a weekly blog for ISD, and he talks about his team and how they are doing. He is quick to point out his own mistakes, and always talks about getting better and working hard. I love this kid.

OCIrish, I forget how he did in his 2 scrimmages, and I tried to find the blogs but I couldn't. I know that he feels he could've done better in one, and in the other he did well. I'll let you know how he does in his next blog...

dyrtdogg
08-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Here are the three blog entries for Hendrix so far:

Hendrix Blog: Moeller In A Buzz Saw (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/446-hendrix-blog-moeller-in-a-buzz-saw)

Hendrix Blog: One Scrimmage Down, One Big One To Go (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/519-hendrix-blog-one-scrimmage-down-one-big-one-to-go)

Hendrix Blog: Learning From Mistakes (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/579-hendrix-blog-learning-from-mistakes)

dyrtdogg
09-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Links for the past two blog entries for Mr. Hendrix:

Hendrix Blog: Near Heart Attack (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/633-hendrix-blog-near-heart-attack)

Hendrix Blog: Two Wins And Some Fireworks (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/711-hendrix-blog-two-wins-and-some-fireworks)

BGIF
09-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Hendrix slid 2 places in Rivals QB Rankings. Meanwhile he picked up a 4th Star from Scout and jumped up 17 places. ESPN moved him from #11 to #10.

Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #14 QB, Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #10 QB
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #10 QB, Grade 80

Polish Leppy 22
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Any possibility of Hendrix enrolling early? Sounds like a great kid with a nice arm

peredonov
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Nice to see that he's getting some love, but Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan didn't crack the top 25 if I remember correctly.

DirtySecret
11-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Man I just watch an interview of Hendrix and his voice took me by surprise.. He seriously has a radio voice.. :)

NDisme
11-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Holy Hell! i agree that was not what i was expecting, i started laughing only because i was so surprised.

DirtySecret
11-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Holy Hell! i agree that was not what i was expecting, i started laughing only because i was so surprised.

I did the same exact thing..

YouTube - Postgame 10.16.09: Moeller QB Andrew Hendrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du_80B9Acgw)

NDisme
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
here is another interview whe he faced elder and he talked about how hw saw Rudolph, jimbo, and dayne at the game wearing elder gear it is pretty good.
YouTube - Post Game Interview: Andrew Hendrix - Moeller High School. 10.09.09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH_bLTRwhLk)

IrishAddiction
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
per rivals.com, he says he doesnt expect to waver in his decision to go to ND at all.

jmurphy75
11-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know if he's planing on EE?

jason_h537
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
No but says he is solid

BGIF
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Per Kurelic 12/1

QB Andrew Hendrix and TE Alex Welch who have committed to ND, are showing no signs of changing their minds after the firing of Charlie Weis. Hendrix and Welch both say they want to see who ND hires to replace Weis, but the two say they remain committed to ND and highly doubt they would consider any other school.<!-- end free preview text -->

The Polish Irishman
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Scouts Inc. takes a look at the which 2010 quarterbacks prospects possess the skills to succeed at the college level - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/insider/news/story?id=4720005&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnca a%2frecruiting%2ffootball%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory %3fid%3d4720005)

Strongest Arm in the Class per ESPN

Junkhead
12-07-2009, 05:15 PM
He'd be crazy to want to go somewhere else now. With Crist injured and Clausen leaving, it could be wide open for PT.

Bubba
12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
If Kelly does end up being our coach, does Hendrix (and Rees for that matter) fit into his system? I really don't know so I'm looking for some educated responses. Thanks.

JefMaj
12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Isn't it exactly the perfect fit... Hendrix more like Pike and Rees like the other guy. Kelly made them both work flawlessly.

BirdmanND06
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Isn't it exactly the perfect fit... Hendrix more like Pike and Rees like the other guy. Kelly made them both work flawlessly.

Hendrix has better mobility than Pike, as does Rees. Both could fit well in to Kelly's system.

ACamp1900
12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
it'll fit, Rees is probably going to EE... there are options at QB... even if Dayne isn't ready....

but Dayne? please be ready

sportallyr
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
With Powlus probably heading to Akron, how does this affect Hendrix commitment? I would think that he'd still be solid since Kelly is a local name to him and Kelly's spread offense seems great for the QB, but I am a bit worried. Hendrix is a must have in this class with Dayne being inexperienced and coming off injury.

Big23Head
12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
He wants to talk with Kelly. If Powlus stays it would be a huge help he said.

BGIF
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
12/14 Notre Dame football: Cincy coaches mum on Irish recruits

South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football: Cincy coaches mum on Irish recruits (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20091214/SPORTS13/912149923/1023/SPORTS13)

By JIM MEENAN Tribune Staff Writer

Two Cincinnati high school coaches Monday could not deliver good news on two prep recruits Notre Dame is courting for the class of 2010.But they also did not deliver any bad news on the yet-to-be-determined final decisions of Moeller quarterback Andrew Hendrix and St. Xavier offensive lineman Matt James.

Neither coach wavered, though, when it came to discussing the man who is, right now, the most famous person who used to live in Cincinnati - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly.

Moeller coach John Rodenberg's opinion was not that strong, but also solid on Kelly.

I will tell you what he really did, Rodenberg said. He really treated the area coaches like a million dollars. He made the Cincinnati area coaches, probably the Dayton area coaches, too, feel like they were very important.

But can he keep Rodenberg's pupil Hendrix in the Irish fold?

Kelly talked to Hendrix this weekend and is expected to visit in person with him this week, the coach said.

I wouldn't say he started to look at other schools, Rodenberg said of Hendrix, who committed to Notre Dame last summer. I think he is just trying to take a look and ask Coach Kelly some good questions as far as where does he fit in.

Does he fit in the same situation as he did with Coach Weis?

Weis ran a pro style offense, while Kelly runs the spread offense. In both offenses, the quarterback gets to throw it a lot, though the pro style is obviously considered better preparation for the NFL. Quarterbacks in the spread offense tend to run more.

He fits into the spread system, Rodenberg said of the 6-foot-2 signal caller. He's got better than average speed. He is such a physical kid. He's 225 pounds. He's got a big-time arm.

He certainly fits into the pro style a little bit better.

Hendrix definitely could end up at Notre Dame, Rodenberg said.

I think if he can get those questions answered, if he fits in the same way, then he will probably end up at Notre Dame, Rodenberg said. He wants to make sure he makes the right decision.

acerider8
12-17-2009, 11:56 AM
It sounds like Hendrix will end up at ND, however, he hasn't exactly come out and said that yet. I can't imagine an athletic, big-armed QB like Hendrix not wanting to play in Kelly's offense and throw the ball 35-40 times a game, but we'll see.

Does anyone know where else does he have offers from that he would even consider?

IrishInFl
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
That's all Hendrix needs to be shown is a Saints, Colts, and Vikings game to show that the spread is used often by the best teams in the nfl.

NDinL.A.
12-17-2009, 03:19 PM
It sounds like Hendrix will end up at ND, however, he hasn't exactly come out and said that yet. I can't imagine an athletic, big-armed QB like Hendrix not wanting to play in Kelly's offense and throw the ball 35-40 times a game, but we'll see.

Does anyone know where else does he have offers from that he would even consider?

I can definitely see why he might be looking elsewhere. He committed to ND because he wanted to be in a pro-style offense, because he wanted to be prepared for the pros. And he knew that CW was one of the best in the business at preparing QBs for the pros. Being in a pro-style set is important in a lot of ways, especially learning to come from under center to set-up play action. Yes, there are teams that play with 5 wides and use the shotgun a lot, but even thse teams come from under center also.

So now Hendrix needs to figure out whether he wants to be in a spread offense or not. Ohio St and Tennessee wanted him before, but I'm not sure if they still do...

acerider8
12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't know what you games you watched this past year, but Jimmy very rarely took any snaps from under center. I'd say 70-80% of the time, Notre Dame was in the shotgun.

Now, I can't argue that Weis is definitely the best in the business in terms of preparing a young QB for the NFL, but I don't think Hendix is going to find anyone else comparable.

Tennessee just inked the Simms kid out of JC, so I'm assuming they are done and Ohio St. signed up some local schmo this week as well.

jason_h537
12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't know what you games you watched this past year, but Jimmy very rarely took any snaps from under center. I'd say 70-80% of the time, Notre Dame was in the shotgun.

Though i find made up stats funny, that is still 20-30% under center which is about 20-30% more than Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, and Tony Pike

NDinL.A.
12-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Now, I can't argue that Weis is definitely the best in the business in terms of preparing a young QB for the NFL, but I don't think Hendix is going to find anyone else comparable.

Tennessee just inked the Simms kid out of JC, so I'm assuming they are done and Ohio St. signed up some local schmo this week as well.

I watched every single game this year, and yes, they were out of the 'gun a lot, but he was also under center. Spread offenses like Kelly's NEVER go under center, not even when it is 4th and a centimeter. As Jason said, 30% is much more than 0%.

Anyways, your argument is flat wrong because Jimmy started the year under center a lot, then had to come out of the gun when he hurt his toe. Go rewatch the games. They'd set up the play-action by taking snaps from center.

So, being in CW's pro-style offense, and taking snaps from under center, clearly helped prepare Jimmy for the pros in GMs' eyes. So I can see why Hendrix is waffling a bit...

Senoj13
12-17-2009, 07:47 PM
ESPN reporting Powlus will not be retained. According to his high school coach, Hendrix was a slam dunk is Powlus stayed. Where does this leave him now?

irishandy
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
I hope he stays committed to the Irish, nothing against Rees, but I think that Hendrix is the better QB. I am glad that Powlus will not be retained.

WabashFalcon
12-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Hendreix's comments after chatting with Kelly were overly positive. He was excited about the possibility of playing in Kelly's O.

Maddog77
12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Per ISD, Andrew Hendrix's comments after his visit at ND today, Hendrix had a very good talk with Kelly and they ironed some things out. He is going to think it over with his family over the holidays.

OlympiaIrishFan
12-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I sure hope he calls him and helps him decide that ND is the place for him. We need good QB's coming in, and in my opinion he is one!!!

So, Coach Kelly please call him!

NDinL.A.
12-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Ummm...not only has Kelly called him, Hendrix met with him in person yesterday. Please read Hendrix thread and post this stuff on his thread. Of course, you'll look foolish considering ypur school was ND?Just know that Kelly called him AND visited him this lady, but I guess you missed that. Go tell the the Muller waiter we're wiating...

EDIT: For comedic purposes, I'm not even going to edit this post. I went to a Christmas party last night, hung out with some old friends and had a drink or 8, and the above is what I wrote. My Lord, what the hell was I trying to say? LOL! "Go tell the Muller waiter we're waiting"??? LOL. Yes, even mods shouldn't drink and post. Ummm, wow....

BGIF
12-21-2009, 06:13 AM
I sure hope he calls him and helps him decide that ND is the place for him. We need good QB's coming in, and in my opinion he is one!!!

So, Coach Kelly please call him!

OlympiaIrishFan, please read the board before posting!

Four days ago I posted:

Kelly talked to Hendrix this weekend and is expected to visit in person with him this week, the coach said.

Two days ago IrishFan1277 posted:

Per ISD, Andrew Hendrix's comments after his visit at ND today, Hendrix had a very good talk with Kelly and they ironed some things out. He is going to think it over with his family over the holidays.

Riddickulous
12-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Ummm...not only has Kelly called him, Hendrix met with him in person yesterday. Please read Hendrix thread and post this stuff on his thread. Of course, you'll look foolish considering ypur school was ND?Just know that Kelly called him AND visited him this lady, but I guess you missed that. Go tell the the Muller waiter we're wiating...

EDIT: For comedic purposes, I'm not even going to edit this post. I went to a Christmas party last night, hung out with some old friends and had a drink or 8, and the above is what I wrote. My Lord, what the hell was I trying to say? LOL! "Go tell the Muller waiter we're waiting"??? LOL. Yes, even mods shouldn't drink and post. Ummm, wow....

My favorite part is "visited him this lady". What the hell does that mean?

HereComeTheIrish
12-21-2009, 03:05 PM

ACamp's gift of Kitty Litter Liners for Mr. Lou- $3.00

Varsity Club Membership- $10.00

Watching NDinLA "Posting Drunk"- Priceless

:p

WabashFalcon
12-21-2009, 05:01 PM
ACamp's gift of Kitty Litter Liners for Mr. Lou- $3.00

Varsity Club Membership- $10.00

Watching NDinLA "Posting Drunk"- Priceless

:p
Actually... that cost... was about... tree fitty...

ACamp1900
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM
most important member of this class imo now that Martin is gone... Kelly has to wrap this up and get him enrolled

BirdmanND06
12-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Rumor alert here.

Expect Hendrix to decommit soon, probably resulting in him going to Florida. I have a source that claims he does not like Kelly, and is looking hard at Florida.

Of course, this is just a rumor at this point, so take it fwiw. This same sourcetold me hendrix might be wavering a few days before the news of that came out, so again take it fwiw. Also, sorrydor any spelling errors as I typed this on my phone.

IrishinSyria
12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Rumor alert here.

Expect Hendrix to decommit soon, probably resulting in him going to Florida. I have a source that claims he does not like Kelly, and is looking hard at Florida.

Of course, this is just a rumor at this point, so take it fwiw. This same sourcetold me hendrix might be wavering a few days before the news of that came out, so again take it fwiw. Also, sorrydor any spelling errors as I typed this on my phone.

I just want to point out the irony that your biggest error was in the sorry for any spelling errors disclaimer.

Besides that, I hope your wrong. Hendrix is the clear favorite for the successor to Crist spot as things stand right now.

BearGB
12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Rumor alert here.

Ah! Worries me slightly, because it would make sense as Florida doesn't have terrific depth in the position. Could you enlighten us more as to where the rumor is from?? This wouldn't help at all, although I do have confidence in Tommy Rees.

OchoShayneO
12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
The thing about that that confuses me is where you said probally resulting in him going to Florida. I was under the impression that he wanted to play in a pro style offense. I figured if he decommitted it would be to go somewhere that didnt run a type of spread O.

jjsccer2
12-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Rumor alert here.

Haha you're hilarious.

IrishInFl
12-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Rumor alert here.

Of course, this is just a rumor at this point, so take it fwiw. This same source told me hendrix might be wavering a few days before the news of that came out, so again take it fwiw. Also, sorrydor any spelling errors as I typed this on my phone.

Oh boy, not again. Dude, if you have a real source just say who it is. No one believes this rumor crap without solid proof of your source.

BearGB
12-24-2009, 09:49 PM
The thing about that that confuses me is where you said probally resulting in him going to Florida. I was under the impression that he wanted to play in a pro style offense. I figured if he decommitted it would be to go somewhere that didnt run a type of spread O.

The thing about this is Urban does do a pretty good job of tailoring his system to his quarterback's strengths. Chris Leak was definitely a more pro-style quarterback, and they won a national championship. Not saying this is going to happen, but this would probably not be a big reason for NOT going to Florida.

OchoShayneO
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
The thing about this is Urban does do a pretty good job of tailoring his system to his quarterback's strengths. Chris Leak was definitely a more pro-style quarterback, and they won a national championship. Not saying this is going to happen, but this would probably not be a big reason for NOT going to Florida.

true. scout profile doesnt list Florida. I know those arnt always accurate but just another reason against this rumor.

NDinL.A.
12-24-2009, 09:59 PM
true. scout profile doesnt list Florida. I know those arnt always accurate but just another reason against this rumor.

While agree with you guys about 'sources', but the Hendrix rumor to FL has been out there for over a week, and it appears to have legs. Tennessee is also rumored to be recruiting him hard. Not good either way...

BearGB
12-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Yeah, I noticed that none of the sites listed Florida as "recruiting" him. However, when I thought about it, I could totally see Urban licking his chops when Charlie was fired and thinking: "Open season..." (hopefully not on too many other recruits...)

OchoShayneO
12-24-2009, 10:14 PM
While agree with you guys about 'sources', but the Hendrix rumor to FL has been out there for over a week, and it appears to have legs. Tennessee is also rumored to be recruiting him hard. Not good either way...

well crap. dont let it ruin your holiday then everybody.

BirdmanND06
12-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh boy, not again. Dude, if you have a real source just say who it is. No one believes this rumor crap without solid proof of your source.

Believe me or don't believe me as you see fit. This is still just a rumor at this point and that's why I said take it fwiw. I hope my source is wrong about Hendrix of course, as he would be a huge loss, but I trust this particular individual in this particular case. I can not reveal anything further about this source, however, out of respect for the source's privacy. In fact, my source is already pissed at me for posting what I have.

The good news here is that it is not yet a done deal at this point. The bad news is that it does not look good for us right now.

Maddog77
12-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I thought these threads were for actual info from an actual source and not rumors or innuendo.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, but this is the problem with disinformation.

JefMaj
12-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Doesn't Florida have quite a few QB's in the wings along with a 5* redshirt???

BearGB
12-25-2009, 12:36 AM

Florida's QBs for 2010:

Jordan Reed FROSH (RS) 3/4 star

John Brantley JUNIOR (RS) 4 star

Andrew Blaylock SENIOR (RS) (Not a major recruit)

Trey Burton (Verbal) FROSH 3 star

Blaylock is not anything, really. So they are actually somewhat in need of a good quarterback.

vernfootball1
12-25-2009, 01:11 AM

They did but he got kicked out and is at jc right now and is a 5 star recruit again, and his name is cameron newton

tko
12-25-2009, 09:37 AM
good luck to Hendrix. ND is a special place but not for everyone. those that commit will be rewarded for the rest of their lives. we'll be fine with or w/o him b/c Kelly is a football coach and will win with the cards he is dealt.

JefMaj
12-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Rees had a great year... that could intimidate some people...

tko
12-25-2009, 09:41 AM
and isn't Tommy coming early? i lost track of that situation.

JefMaj
12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Supposed to be...

NDinL.A.
12-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Rees had a great year... that could intimidate some people...

He said from the get-go...competition will not scare him away. The staff told him that they were going after another QB and he was fine with it. They signed Rees and he was still solid to ND, even continuing his weekly blog with ISD and professing his allegiance with ND.

The whole problem for Hendrix is that he signed on to be in a pro-style offense with Charlie Weis. Now he is a spread offense with a coach he is clearly not 100% comfortable with. He might not even be feeling the love from Kelly (who knows? Kelly has already said he is looking at another QB). Out of all the recruits, this is the one that I completely understand him wanting to go somewhere else, because of his position and the offense that he wants to run. With a coaching change, I can see anyone wanting to leave because of so many reasons, but with Hendrix, I can see it even more.

Now, if he goes to FL, then yes, that would really suck and be kinda perplexing in the sense that they run the option. But that team wins, they have a dynamic coach, they have the weather and the women, they offer a good education if you can convince them to let you take real majors, etc. It's an enticing place, no doubt. I personally would choose ND in a heartbeat of course, but I grew up loving ND. (As far as offenses go, Tennessee makes more sense though.)

I hope we don't lose him, but won't be surprised if we do...

IrishJayhawk
12-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I hope we don't lose him, but won't be surprised if we do...

I understand his possible reasoning...kind of like Ryan Mallett not wanting to play for Dick-Rod.

If we do lose him...do we have a hint as to who Kelly might be looking to offer?

Maddog77
12-25-2009, 11:31 PM
People have rumored Luke Massa(Kellys' qb commit from this year's recruiting class), which also might strengthen our hope of landing OL Matt James since they are on the same team in high school.

JefMaj
12-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Funny - Massa is considered a pocket passer.... isn't that what Hendrix wants to be?

WabashFalcon
12-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Funny - Massa is considered a pocket passer.... isn't that what Hendrix wants to be?

Massa a downgrade from Hendrix?

JefMaj
12-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Just saying.... With Pike... and Lefevour... both considered potential 1st round picks.... and Massa considering BK as a pocket passer coach... I'm missing something... then again, since the '70's I may have cause myself to miss a lot....

And, Urban has crafted Tebow into a fine 3rd round wildcat fullback....

IrishInFl
12-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Just saying.... With Pike... and Lefevour... both considered potential 1st round picks.... and Massa considering BK as a pocket passer coach... I'm missing something... then again, since the '70's I may have cause myself to miss a lot....

And, Urban has crafted Tebow into a fine 3rd round wildcat fullback....

You forgot the guy before Tebow, whats his name. Was drafted in the third round... of the All-American Football League.

DomeisourHome
12-26-2009, 11:12 AM
^Chris Leak, I believe

NDinNM
12-26-2009, 12:11 PM

IMO Massa would be a downgrade from Hendrix. Scout.com has Massa rated as a 2 star QB and the #85 overall QB while Rivals has him as a 3 star and the #26 overall. He is labeled as a Pocket Passer but he does run a 4.8 40 yard dash. Hendrix runs a 4.7 which is another reason why we really need Hendrix to stay. IMO Hendrix seems more polished and seems like a better QB. I like to look at offers that a certain player gets to see what caliber of player they are, and when we look at the offer list for each player you can see which one was more wanted.

Luke Massa: Wisconsin, Cincinatti.

Andrew Hendrix: Ohio State, Tennessee, Miami, Wisconsin, Purdue ,Stanford, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Miami OH, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Now im not trying to say that Massa is a horrible QB (If he wants to come to ND and Brain Kelly thinks we can use him, then im all for it), i am just saying that in my opinion Andrew Hendrix is the better QB without a doubt and he is key to this class.

BGIF
12-26-2009, 05:15 PM
IMO Massa would be a downgrade from Hendrix. Scout.com has Massa rated as a 2 star QB and the #85 overall QB while Rivals has him as a 3 star and the #26 overall. He is labeled as a Pocket Passer but he does run a 4.8 40 yard dash. Hendrix runs a 4.7 which is another reason why we really need Hendrix to stay. IMO Hendrix seems more polished and seems like a better QB. I like to look at offers that a certain player gets to see what caliber of player they are, and when we look at the offer list for each player you can see which one was more wanted.

Andrew Hendrix: Ohio State, Tennessee, Miami, Wisconsin, Purdue ,Stanford, Boston College, Cincinnati, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Miami OH, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Virginia

Now im not trying to say that Massa is a horrible QB (If he wants to come to ND and Brain Kelly thinks we can use him, then im all for it), i am just saying that in my opinion Andrew Hendrix is the better QB without a doubt and he is key to this class.

The point of all the Massa posts is simply that Massa chose to play in Kelly's system while Hendrix is deliberating whether he wants to.

Your comments on the recruiting ratings are valid but then factor in where the recruiting services had Pike and the other UC QBs ranked and what Kelly accomplished with them.

MirageSmack
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM

I never saw Hendrix, but did see Massa when he played Louisville St X. I just thought "eh", but he coulda had a bad game. He's big, that's about all I can remember.

JefMaj
12-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, Florida doesn't seem like such a good option anymore.... How many Florida recruits will jump ship with just a month to go....

NDinNM
12-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Well, Florida doesn't seem like such a good option anymore.... How many Florida recruits will jump ship with just a month to go....

Think we still have a shot with Riggs and Shaw?....... But back to Hendrix, with Urban gone it should be down to just us and Tennesee

BirdmanND06
12-26-2009, 10:41 PM
This Meyer news has to help us with Hendrix. Hopefully we can hold on to him now.

JefMaj
12-27-2009, 02:30 PM
With all of the arrests and crap that have come up at Florida, the arrests at Tennessee (and hostess scandals)... I'd avoid those programs like the plague...

Maddog77
12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Per ISD, Kelly has an in home visit scheduled in early January and Hendrix reaffirmed that ND is still his favorite, but wants to talk things over with his family.

BGIF
12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Per ISD, Kelly has an in home visit scheduled in early January and Hendrix reaffirmed that ND is still his favorite, but wants to talk things over with his family.

I'd like to hear done deal but talking it over with the family is prudent. He still doesn't know who his position coach or OC are. Soon.

JKhrome1ND
12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
They did but he got kicked out and is at jc right now and is a 5 star recruit again, and his name is cameron newton

Yeah Florida is missing that thief that steals labtops hahaha But i heard Cam Netwon is going to Missisippi St. next year, he was thinking of going to Tennessee but the Vols pulled in Matt Simms after all.

Brady Quinn wasnt a highly recruit either coming out of High School, actually we went to his school to recruit WR/DB Chinedum Ndukwe, and Chine & his father told Coach Willingham about Brday. so you never know how a recruit pan's out.

This Meyer news has to help us with Hendrix. Hopefully we can hold on to him now.

Yeah i do too, i think things are looking better for us right now with Andrew Hendrix. I just hope he doesnt make the wrong decision for himself. (like come to us now, then decide this is the wrong place for him and want to transfer out) like many of the Top QB's have in recent years at Notre Dame ..........like

Chris Olsen PS#14 to Virginia
David Wolke PS#44 to Western Kentucky
Demetrius Jones PS#6 to Cincinnati
Zach Frazier PS#7 to Connecticut

Hendrix can challenge for playing time right away with us only having Dayne Crist, Nate Montana, Matt Mulvey, and Brian Castello under roster.

irish4ever
12-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Hendrix can challenge for playing time right away with us only having Dayne Crist, Nate Montana, Matt Mulvey, and Brian Castello under roster.

Hello .... what about Tommy Rees? The stats that he put up this past fall and scheduled to be an EE I would expect him to challenge Crist for playing time as much as any other potential QB (including Hendrix).

OlympiaIrishFan
12-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I really hope he comes. For what I have read on him, he has a nice chance to be really good.

And those other QB's that Transfered out (one is no longer a QB and I believe a LB) I think it has more to do with 2 1st round NFL Draft Choices in front of them--Quinn and Claussen. So, they left knowing that they were not going to beat out those two guys. Right now it is wide, wide open. Crist is coming off ACL Surgery, and whoever comes in has a great shot at starting pretty fast like Jimmy and Brady. More along the lines of Jimmy. So, if he transfers it is because we have a stud in front of them.

But, if you want attention by the Nation QB at Notre Dame is the quickest way to get noticed every week you are under center.

JefMaj
12-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah Florida is missing that thief that steals labtops hahaha But i heard Cam Netwon is going to Missisippi St. next year, he was thinking of going to Tennessee but the Vols pulled in Matt Simms after all.

Brady Quinn wasnt a highly recruit either coming out of High School, actually we went to his school to recruit WR/DB Chinedum Ndukwe, and Chine & his father told Coach Willingham about Brday. so you never know how a recruit pan's out.

Yeah i do too, i think things are looking better for us right now with Andrew Hendrix. I just hope he doesnt make the wrong decision for himself. (like come to us now, then decide this is the wrong place for him and want to transfer out) like many of the Top QB's have in recent years at Notre Dame ..........like

Chris Olsen PS#14 to Virginia
David Wolke PS#44 to Western Kentucky
Demetrius Jones PS#6 to Cincinnati
Zach Frazier PS#7 to Connecticut

Meyer's history with QB's is terrible... Tebow is a 3 round Wildcat Fuulback... Alex Smith????

Kelly put a low rated Pike on the drqaft-board map...

BearGB
12-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I really hope he comes. For what I have read on him, he has a nice chance to be really good.

And those other QB's that Transfered out (one is no longer a QB and I believe a LB) I think it has more to do with 2 1st round NFL Draft Choices in front of them--Quinn and Claussen. So, they left knowing that they were not going to beat out those two guys. Right now it is wide, wide open. Crist is coming off ACL Surgery, and whoever comes in has a great shot at starting pretty fast like Jimmy and Brady. More along the lines of Jimmy. So, if he transfers it is because we have a stud in front of them.

But, if you want attention by the Nation QB at Notre Dame is the quickest way to get noticed every week you are under center.

I would not call next season's quarterback situation "wide, wide open" in any sense. The job is certainly Dayne's to lose. He has the physical attributes. He is a smart kid. He has a leadership personality and a great work ethic. Plus, Kelly went out of his way to say how much he likes him in his own system. Yes, he does have the injury, but that should not be much of a problem come August. I know that Kelly has done well with developing quarterbacks, but I think it is very hasty to say that the position is "wide, wide open." Dayne is all but a lock if he is healthy, which he definitely should be - even from a conservative standpoint.

As far as Hendrix, however, I really, really like his upside. The kid has almost prototypical size and a strong arm. These are two things every QB developer loves to see, because they cannot be "taught." While Hendrix's HS stats will not blow anyone out of the water, there is a lot to like about this kid. He certainly seems to have a confident "swagger" in his play and the way he talks - in a good way. Seemingly an intelligent kid as well - in regards to his interviewing ability and GPA.

JKhrome1ND
12-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah Quinn and Clausen where a big part of most of those guys transfering (of course) im just saying if Hendrix does come i hope he is able to wait maybe redshirt a year, why Crist handles the job.

I wish Little Montana would get playing time as well, I actually like it if he was the starter, and live up to his fathers name, but Crist is the right choice here right now to take us to the Bowl.

Sorry (irish4ever) i forgot to write in Tommy Rees name, but i think he will definitely be a redshirt next year IMO, but hey i could be wrong.

BearGB
12-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah Quinn and Clausen where a big part of most of those guys transfering (of course) im just saying if Hendrix does come i hope he is able to wait maybe redshirt a year, why Crist handles the job.

I wish Little Montana would get playing time as well, I actually like it if he was the starter, and live up to his fathers name, but Crist is the right choice here right now to take us to the Bowl.

Sorry (irish4ever) i forgot to write in Tommy Rees name, but i think he will definitely be a redshirt next year IMO, but hey i could be wrong.

Ooo... don't know that many on the board will agree with you on that one. He is certainly a likable kid, but his skills are sorely lacking.

49er-Irish
12-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, you pretty much lose all credibility for pulling for Montana to get playing time. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he's not his dad. He spent last season at a JUCO to get experience, but ended up riding the pine and putting up some awful stats when given the opportunity.

I'd be shocked if Rees wasn't the backup QB to start the season after being an early entry. Hendrix looks like he has the skills and the right head on his shoulders to catch up quick though. I hope ND gets both of them to get some good competition going.

JKhrome1ND
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Ooo... don't know that many on the board will agree with you on that one. He is certainly a likable kid, but his skills are sorely lacking.

Im not saying he's going to be the future of ND, im sure he's not. But since i love his dad so much, i would like to see his kid Nate do very well, and atleast live up to some of his dad's status. I know its a LONG shot...........but i think if Nate wants to be a star he is going to have to transfer else where to get it, with Crist, Hendrix and Rees on baord. The younger brother Nick Montana is a highly recruited QB this year going to Washington. But its a long shot of a dream, that im sure wont happen.

NoJusticeNoPeace
12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Montana? He's pretty bad. Backup at JUCO.

JKhrome1ND
12-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Montana? He's pretty bad. Backup at JUCO.

Nate is, but his younger brother that is a senior right now, is actually really good. Nick is going to Washington to play football.

NDinNM
12-28-2009, 08:51 PM

That is true but would you rather take your chances with a two star Quarterback or a four star one. I understand that some of these smaller recruits do develop into star players but I would rather take my chances with a higher rated player

NDBCSChamps
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
What's this talk about BQ not being highly recruited out of high school? He was a 4 star and played in the U.S. Army AA game. He had offers from Michigan,Tenn, and OSU among others. He landed at ND because he really wanted to come here and TW some how managed to not fuck it up.

vernfootball1
12-29-2009, 12:17 AM

Y.

Not highly recruited seriously? Cmon

Brady Quinn - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brady-Quinn-8697)

Scout.com: Brady Quinn Profile (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=225770)

Better than hendrix so i have no clue what your talking about when not being highly recruited i might have misunderstood as you were saying he wasnt a cant miss prospect but he certainly wasnt a luke massa prospect either

irish4ever
12-29-2009, 07:48 AM
He landed at ND because he really wanted to come here and TW some how managed to not fuck it up.

That's a mystery that may NEVER be solved!

vinnymac2402
12-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Scout has a posting that after his conversation with kelly he is now firmly commited to ND

BGIF
12-30-2009, 04:25 AM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Hendrix: Hes going to do some great things"

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top>

</TD><TD width=3 noWrap></TD><TD vAlign=top><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var author = escape("Jeff Baumhower");</SCRIPT>By Jeff Baumhower

Dec 30, 2009

Andrew Hendrix from Moeller High School (Cincinnati, Ohio) is one of two quarterbacks committed to Notre Dames 2010 recruiting class, but over the past several weeks there were questions about how solid Hendrix was with his commitment. Today, you mark him down as solid.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JKhrome1ND
12-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Not highly recruited seriously? Cmon

Brady Quinn - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brady-Quinn-8697)

Scout.com: Brady Quinn Profile (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=225770)

Better than hendrix so i have no clue what your talking about when not being highly recruited i might have misunderstood as you were saying he wasnt a cant miss prospect but he certainly wasnt a luke massa prospect either

point taken sir

fitz_bu47
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Awesome news!! With Kelly's development of his Cinci qb's I can't wait to see what he does w/ the caliber of QB's he can recruit to ND.

WabashFalcon
12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Hendrix: Hes going to do some great things"

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top>

</TD><TD width=3 noWrap></TD><TD vAlign=top><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var author = escape("Jeff Baumhower");</SCRIPT>By Jeff Baumhower

Dec 30, 2009

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

YES!!!

vernfootball1
12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
point taken sir

Yea sorry if I came off trying to be a dick or anything, my bad man.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
And the shirt I will make for Andrew Hendrix will read -

Drum roll please!!!!

Hendrix only throws for six

Man I am good, it's like I work in marketing or something.

WabashFalcon
12-30-2009, 07:37 PM
And the shirt I will make for Andrew Hendrix will read -

Drum roll please!!!!

Hendrix only throws for six

Man I am good, it's like I work in marketing or something.

What?

BGIF
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football: Crist doing his part to woo QB recruit Hendrix (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100102/SPORTS13/100109948/1021/Sports)

1/2/10

Eric Hansen

A couple of days after Hendrix was quoted as being close to 99 percent certain that he'd honor his verbal commitment to Notre Dame, doubts still stir inside the 6-foot-3, 220-pound four-star prospect.

He hasn't scheduled any other visits, Moeller coach John Rodenberg said Saturday via cell phone from Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he was watching Hendrix start under center for the East in a 35-0 loss in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl.

My read is that he will end up at Notre Dame. It's just that (head coach) Charlie Weis' firing was disappointing to him. And he had a great relationship with (former QBs coach) Ron Powlus. It was a great fit for him and still probably will be.

He's tried to call coach Kelly a couple of times and he's missed a couple of calls going the other way. He had a nice visit up there back a couple of weeks ago. But he doesn't know who his position coach is going to be. We're assuming it's going to be Greg Forest (from Cincinnati), but we're not sure.

Actually, Forest is expected to head to Buffalo with UC offensive coordinator Jeff Quinn, the latter recently named the Bulls' head coach.

It's not anybody's fault. It's just the way it is, Rodenberg said of the confusion. It has been great the way Dayne Crist has reached out to him.

sportallyr
01-04-2010, 10:53 AM
That's great to see Crist reaching out to someone who is probably his biggest competition. It proves that he is not concerned about competition, but rather he wants ND to get the best players and WIN! I really believe that Crist will be a great team leader for the Irish!

IrishInFl
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
That's great to see Crist reaching out to someone who is probably his biggest competition. It proves that he is not concerned about competition, but rather he wants ND to get the best players and WIN! I really believe that Crist will be a great team leader for the Irish!

If I remember correctly, Mike Frank kept saying on the Power Hour before last season started that he was concerned about Clausen's leadership skills, claiming that Crist was simply the better leader.

NeuteredDoomer
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I can't wait for Crist to take over. I don't know what it is, but just watching the guy on the sidelines (from TV, with no replay), his learning intensity and enthusiasm, really turned me on to the guy. Kinda broke my heart when I watched him go down.

I knew he was done before he hit the ground.

Praying he heals completely and quickly. He is a diamond.

49er-Irish
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
It's funny that Crist reaching out to Hendrix to help recruit a player that plays the same position is an example of his great leadership when Clausen did the same thing.

Clausen definitely played a role in getting Crist on board with ND, but I don't remember the praise for his leadership. And Clausen and Crist were in back to back recruiting classes while Crist will have an extra year advantage over Hendrix.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Anyone catch the Offense-Defense All-American bowl? I caught the tail-end of it and Hendrix was done for the day at that point. I know he started and was a featured player in the game, but I wanted to hear how he looked.

On a smaller note in regard to that game, good gosh there seem to be some incredible players coming out of California this year.

NeuteredDoomer
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
It's funny that Crist reaching out to Hendrix to help recruit a player that plays the same position is an example of his great leadership when Clausen did the same thing.

Clausen definitely played a role in getting Crist on board with ND, but I don't remember the praise for his leadership. And Clausen and Crist were in back to back recruiting classes while Crist will have an extra year advantage over Hendrix.

Completely random thought my friend, and totally up for grabs... I am a total Jimmy fan and think he is fantastic. Just something about Crist that impresses me a bit more, even if he never plays another down. Same thing I think I saw in Clements (replays) Rice, McDougal, and Powlus. It would be easier to say who I didn't like. (Beuerlein - no offense Mr. Beuerlein. You had a pro career...)

vernfootball1
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Anyone catch the Offense-Defense All-American bowl? I caught the tail-end of it and Hendrix was done for the day at that point. I know he started and was a featured player in the game, but I wanted to hear how he looked.

On a smaller note in regard to that game, good gosh there seem to be some incredible players coming out of California this year.

Watched a little bit of it. He was changed to the east squad from the west on pretty short notice. The east got dominated, they had no running game or anything. He was the feature qb for the east and did start. If you watched, you probably realized it was very cold out. Im pretty sure he went 1 for 6 and justin utopo picked off one of his passes that his receiver couldnt catch. But the west dominated the game on both sides

alleycat9
01-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Scout has a posting that after his conversation with kelly he is now firmly commited to ND

great news! hope to see us win out on him. will need a qb and this kid appears to be able to take the reigns when his turn comes.

BearGB
01-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Charley Molnar talked to him on the phone last night... no surprise. There's an article on rivals (IrishIllustrated) about it. I can't read it, but I would guess it doesn't say anything too new.

Maddog77
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Some gator fans are posting on their boards that he is sneaking a trip to Florida in, ISD is attempting to confirm it.

NDinL.A.
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
The FL boards are confirming it...Hendrix sent a text to the mods saying that he is visiting FL this weekend. Mike Frank is reporting that Kelly knows about it, told Hendrix that he wasn't happy with it - and Hendrix went anyways.

I'm torn about this. In one sense, we switched coaches on him, switched offenses on him, switched position coaches on him, we have 2 QBs in this class where many teams just sign one, Kelly recently offered an athlete that some consider a QB recruit, the school he is going to is a proven winner, and it's smart for him to be sure about his choice.

On the other hand, he has ONE scholarship QB ahead of him at ND, and that kid is coming off an injury; he's visiting FL - who runs the spread also, he's talked about education sooooo much in his recruitment - but yet he's visiting FL of all places; the FL coach is a known liar and scumbag; the FL coach is taking a leave of absence right when he's done lying, errrrrr, recruiting these players; FL has already signed a QB to this class; he wrote a weekly blog for ISD in which he constantly professed his love for ND and especially the type of players on the team, and oh yeah, THEIR COACH IS A COMPLETE SCUMBAG.

Chase Rettig, BC commit, recently professed his love for ND and that he was disappointed the previous staff didn't offer him, and Luke Massa is still out there. Depending on what Hendrix says, it might be time to look at those 2 guys again...

IrishInFl
01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
The FL boards are confirming it...Hendrix sent a text to the mods saying that he is visiting FL this weekend. Mike Frank is reporting that Kelly knows about it, told Hendrix that he wasn't happy with it - and Hendrix went anyways.

I'm torn about this. In one sense, we switched coaches on him, switched offenses on him, switched position coaches on him, we have 2 QBs in this class where many teams just sign one, Kelly recently offered an athlete that some consider a QB recruit, the school he is going to is a proven winner, and it's smart for him to be sure about his choice.

On the other hand, he has ONE scholarship QB ahead of him at ND, and that kid is coming off an injury; he's visiting FL - who runs the spread also, he's talked about education sooooo much in his recruitment - but yet he's visiting FL of all places; the FL coach is a known liar and scumbag; the FL coach is taking a leave of absence right when he's done lying, errrrrr, recruiting these players; FL has already signed a QB to this class; he wrote a weekly blog for ISD in which he constantly professed his love for ND and especially the type of players on the team, and oh yeah, THEIR COACH IS A COMPLETE SCUMBAG.

Chase Rettig, BC commit, recently professed his love for ND and that he was disappointed the previous staff didn't offer him, and Luke Massa is still out there. Depending on what Hendrix says, it might be time to look at those 2 guys again...

According to my source (yeah, I know) the reason why Liar is still recruiting is because of immense pressure by boosters to get the #1 recruiting class. As soon as NSD is over, he's gone.

IrishJayhawk
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
According to my source (yeah, I know) the reason why Liar is still recruiting is because of immense pressure by boosters to get the #1 recruiting class. As soon as NSD is over, he's gone.

Gone from coaching, or gone until August?

NDinL.A.
01-09-2010, 11:16 AM

For the newbies or those who don't know, IrishFL knows the guy who runs a prominent FL St website, so his info, while not always right because things change and people lie etc, is legit...

IrishInFl
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Gone from coaching, or gone until August?

Gone, out, zip, skeedadle. Supposedly not to return. But then again my source was the guy who broke the news that Matt Elam de-committed from UF and flipped to FSU as a solid verbal. A week later, Elam de-committed from FSU. Saw Gene for about 5 minutes yesterday, I was too tired too ask many questions because I got sloppy ass drunk the previous night (not as bad as Wabash though).

Another tidbit, his opinion on why booth Poodle and the players are leaving SC is because of the pending stuff about recruiting violations, but he has absolutely no connections to the situation, so it's just a fans opinion. Said McKnight in the SUV was the major contributor to going forward with the investigations. SC could be in for some harsh times...

Domina Nostra
01-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Hendrix seems like a very good kid. He committed to a proven, tier-1, pro-style, coach. In fact, you could make a tongue-and-cheek argument that the last 3 years of ND football were little more than a turotial for Jimmy Clausen. Further, Charlie was loved by his players because of the family atmosphere he created in his program.

In comes a hard-nosed spread coach who was avery known quantity in town and who recruited another kid in your area (Massa) over you. What is Hendrix going to do? Hendrix probably defended his choice of ND to all the OSU fans by talking about preparation in a pro-style offense. Now he is supposed to be instatnly committed to another guy with a totally different pedigree and attitude?

Personally, if I were choosing NOW I would go to ND because it is Catholic, it has an amazing atmosphere, and it provides serious life-long connections across the country. In fact, I wouldn't even look anywhere else unless the coaches were big jerks. BUt when I was 19 I based my decision on weather, rankings, and a major that I never pursued, etc.. I bet if I had been interviewed about why I was looking at different schools and I read it now, I would be slightly embarrassed about why I thought I knew so much about something I had no clue about. Lets cut the kid some slack.

I have no idea why he would want to jump into the UF debacle, but it makes sense for him to look around.

Rizzophil
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Gone, out, zip, skeedadle. Supposedly not to return. But then again my source was the guy who broke the news that Matt Elam de-committed from UF and flipped to FSU as a solid verbal. A week later, Elam de-committed from FSU. Saw Gene for about 5 minutes yesterday, I was too tired too ask many questions because I got sloppy ass drunk the previous night (not as bad as Wabash though).

Another tidbit, his opinion on why booth Poodle and the players are leaving SC is because of the pending stuff about recruiting violations, but he has absolutely no connections to the situation, so it's just a fans opinion. Said McKnight in the SUV was the major contributor to going forward with the investigations. SC could be in for some harsh times...

Thanks for the input. Keep posting.

IrishJayhawk
01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Gone, out, zip, skeedadle. Supposedly not to return.

If true, that would cement his place in truthful recruiting lore.

WabashFalcon
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh sureeeeeeeeeeeee. Blame the guy who invented the "Pete the Cheat's leaving to get beat" Drinking game.

So much whiskey. SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH.

IrishAddiction
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Meyer actually staying in florida is such a shame. I think its an obvious recruiting move by an excellent recruiter. The man can recruit like hell, but he isnt going to be coaching there next season, i truly believe that.

It made me laugh today when Floyd tried to pull the ND "forty year decision" for FLorida but instead just said he was going to stay in florida for the next forty years. Meyer almost got him to say it right.

IrishInFl
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I got an update about my comments over Meyer staying at UF until NSD: rumor has it that Meyer was offered $10 million by the boosters to wait until after NSD. I have no idea if this is true, because Gene is just bitter about losing Elam to UF and may be making shit up.

WabashFalcon
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I got an update about my comments over Meyer staying at UF until NSD: rumor has it that Meyer was offered $10 million by the boosters to wait until after NSD. I have no idea if this is true, because Gene is just bitter about losing Elam to UF and may be making shit up.

Boosters are allowed to do that with non-contractual cash gifts?

WTF?

IrishInFl
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Boosters are allowed to do that with non-contractual cash gifts?

WTF?

It's just a rumor right now, but I could see that as a reason to stay.