PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL LB Christian Jones (FSU Commit)

NDinL.A.
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Outside linebacker
Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell

Ht: 6-4
Wt: 220
40: 4.7

STATS:
'08 159 Tackles. 4 Sacks

RANKING
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #6 OLB, Rating 5.9
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #6 OLB
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #2 OLB, Grade 83

OFFERS:
FSU
UF
USC (OV 11/28)
ND (OV 10/24)
Michigan
Rutgers
OU
Alabama
LSU
Miami

NDinL.A.
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Just got offered, has legit interest in ND, according to Steve Wiltfong...

The Polish Irishman
05-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Heard he considered a F$U lean, I think his dad played there.

Irishlew
05-17-2009, 11:24 PM
From Jake Brown.

Something else to keep in mind: Florida State runs in Jones's blood. Both his father, Willie, and his brother, Willie Jr., played for the Seminoles.

He did, however, say things were pretty wide open right now and seemed pretty earnest about it. Having Notre Dame penciled in for a summer visit already could be a sign that things are going well.

OCIrish
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Let's keep up the Florida recruiting.

IrishInFl
05-23-2009, 03:15 AM
UPDATE!

Gene went to interview Christian this week (video is up on warchant.com), and while discussing schools, he had a big smile on his face during the mention of FSU. We have zero chance.

Gene also mentioned that Jones' HS team sucked last year (0-10) because they all looked like me (short, skinny kids). Jones is bigger then some of the linemen on the team.

The Polish Irishman
10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
OrlandoSentinel.com
Lake Howell's Christian Jones will take first official visit to Notre Dame for Boston College weekend Oct. 24
By Buddy Collings

Sentinel Staff Writer

12:07 AM EDT, October 2, 2009

Lake Howell LB Christian Jones, the No. 1 prospect on the Sentinel's Top 100 list for Central Florida, has made arrangements for his first official recruiting visit to be to Notre Dame for the Oct. 24 weekend in which the Irish play Boston College.

Jones (Sr., 6-3 ˝/225) said after practice Thursday he also plans to take an official visit to USC when the Trojans host UCLA on Nov. 28. He is deciding about his other three allowed official visits — which are paid for by the host colleges. He said Oklahoma will probably get one of those visits and he is also considering Michigan and Rutgers.

Jones has said from the start of the recruiting process that he is leaning toward Florida State, where his father and older brother played. But the Seminoles aren't likely to get an official visit, nor will UF. Jones said he has taken enough unofficial visits to both of those campuses to see games.

"I don't need to take an official to Florida State or Florida. I pretty much know all about them," he said.

Jones will make an unofficial visit to Miami to watch the Hurricanes play Oklahoma this Saturday.

Jones said again this week that he is taking his time to check out schools he is interested in and has set no timetable for a final decision.

Copyright © 2009, Orlando Sentinel

jason_h537
10-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Its a longshot but at least we get him on campus

IrishInFl
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
He's FSU all the way. I give us a 0% chance of getting him. Hopefuly I'm wrong though. I'll ask Gene tommorow.

irishfan
10-02-2009, 04:36 PM
He's FSU all the way. I give us a 0% chance of getting him. Hopefuly I'm wrong though. I'll ask Gene tommorow.

ehh if FSU loses to BC this weekend then he comes and sees us smoke BC, it could change his mind

IrishInFl
10-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Not from what I heard. His family legacy runs deep with FSU, and every time he talks about FSU, he acts a little happier (according to Gene). Tommorow is the warchant.com viewing party, so I'll ask him there.

Irish52
10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
There is no chance we get Jones....FSU all the way. He apparently enjoys traveling on official...paid, of course, trips.

IrishInFl
10-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Who wouldn't? Free vacation man! Which makes me wonder why Martin cancelled his visit to Cal. Does anyone know what happened? If I had the opportunity to see my mom that I haven't seen in a while on someone else's dime, I would.

Tate the Great
10-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Who wouldn't? Free vacation man! Which makes me wonder why Martin cancelled his visit to Cal. Does anyone know what happened? If I had the opportunity to see my mom that I haven't seen in a while on someone else's dime, I would.

Charlie didn't want him to, so he cancelled.

jason_h537
10-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Charlie said to wait until after he visits ND. If after that he is still not convinced Notre Dame is for him then take your visits

IrishInFl
10-03-2009, 03:09 AM
UPDATE!!

Ok there rreallly isno up date, but Gene gave me 'the finger' and said that FSU is getting Jones for several reasons. Plus he got me shots and now I'm drunk. Woo! Inside Ifo!

BGIF
10-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Visiting this weekend for BC game.

JefMaj
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Jones is coming in this weekend. Hope he has a good visit. I have a feeling we may hear from a couple of kids next week. He's a big (tall) LB!

PADOMERNUT
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I stood right next to him when the players walked from church to the stadium. He looks like the real deal. Tall, well built, athletic looking. Doesnt sound like we have a chance but this kid visually looks the part.

IrishInFl
10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Jones really is a great linebacker, who is held back because he plays on a terrible team. FSU is getting a great player.

NDinMemphis
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Per ISD, sounds like he really enjoyed his visit to ND. I wouldn't be shocked if ND moved up his list considerably. I am no insider, this is just my opinion.

jason_h537
10-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Read the same thing on Rivals, still is a long shot but we gained alot of ground

PADOMERNUT
10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Apparently he said we are now firmly in the mix, but it was a premium article so I dont know what else he may have said.

Domer4ever
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Any defensive help at this point is good help.

IrishInFl
10-31-2009, 03:10 AM
UPDATE!!!

Apearently we have a bigger shot at Jones then previously thought. Gene said he LOVED the visit. I still would be shocked if we got him though.

WhoDeyIrish
10-31-2009, 04:36 AM
UPDATE!!!

Apearently we have a bigger shot at Jones then previously thought. Gene said he LOVED the visit. I still would be shocked if we got him though.

Big dude, bet he hits hard. Sideline to sideline guy. Love to have him. Doubt he leaves Florida right?

JefMaj
10-31-2009, 09:06 AM
He will be a late commit - I predict we will have a top 3 class, however, late commits will need to find room elsewhere. Snooze you lose. I'm not being flippent... a realist. Guys like Jones could comit in a timely manner and this could be a #1 class. Maybe best of all time. But, the 3's will see where things are headed and start jumping on sooner rather than later.

Also, Bobby Bowden is a golf cart coach (driving around practices and doing pressers and saying dag-gummit) - Jimbo is running that team. When Bobby steps down -- it's the same old same old as it's been for the last 3 years. I can't believe FSU wold even consider keeping their commitment to Jimbo - unless 2nd or 3rd in the ACC is their ideal of success.

IrishInFl
10-31-2009, 09:25 AM
I honestly think that Jones is the best LB in this class. Gene had the best assesment of Lake Howell (Jones' HS team). "They all look like you!" (I'm 5'7", 135 lbs)

IrishAddiction
10-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Why would it hurt with him commiting late? Right now we only have 1LB commit in this class (moore).

Hes the hybrid type of LB that our defense is looking for, with Barr being the other one. Shirley and Moore are more like ILB. Pullard has bruin written all over him. 4LB commits isnt a stretch, 3 is a must most years.

It just makes me wonder with the way things are going down in Tallehassee if we couldnt get this kid on board if things fall in line.

WhoDeyIrish
10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
We have 2 Shembo is going to be a linebacker.

IrishAddiction
10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Still dont think four commits is a stretch. Shirley and Pullard are most likely staying out west, i do see Barr jumping on board, but he could play a variety of positions depending on need, and he is a definate HR threat at RB.

I like our chances with this kid, even if he comes in late. Even with Barr commiting that leaves one spot potentially open.

WabashFalcon
10-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Why would it hurt with him commiting late? Right now we only have 1LB commit in this class (moore).

Hes the hybrid type of LB that our defense is looking for, with Barr being the other one. Shirley and Moore are more like ILB. Pullard has bruin written all over him. 4LB commits isnt a stretch, 3 is a must most years.

It just makes me wonder with the way things are going down in Tallehassee if we couldnt get this kid on board if things fall in line.

Prince Shembo's going to play with his hand off of the ground. Thus, we have one Inside and one Outside LB in this class.

BearGB
12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
I believe there is a premium ISD article on him at the All-America game. If anyone could let us know what it says, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JKhrome1ND
12-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Are LB's next year are going to be insane and alot more expereince..........B.Smith, Te'o, Fleming, Filer, Posluszny, Calabrese, McDonald, Motta, and Moore........and a definitely maybe Jones. Barr also a close runner up but are depth is looking pretty good so far especailly if we pull in Jones.

Maddog77
12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I believe there is a premium ISD article on him at the All-America game. If anyone could let us know what it says, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Per the ISD article, he said his father pointed out how great of a duo he and Te'O would make as a linebacking duo and BK will make an in home visit in January. One quote that could cause Irish fans some reason to have hope is how he pointed out the rich tradition of Notre Dame, the great history, and how they are missing a guy like him to to fit their system. Somewhat overconfident, in my opinion, of a statement, but he could be right. He still has a visit to USC in January and will take some unofficial visits to Florida State and Miami. He is a FSU legacy, though, so I'd have to think we are not the frontrunner.

WabashFalcon
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Per the ISD article, he said his father pointed out how great of a duo he and Te'O would make as a linebacking duo and BK will make an in home visit in January. One quote that could cause Irish fans some reason to have hope is how he pointed out the rich tradition of Notre Dame, the great history, and how they are missing a guy like him to to fit their system. Somewhat overconfident, in my opinion, of a statement, but he could be right. He still has a visit to USC in January and will take some unofficial visits to Florida State and Miami. He is a FSU legacy, though, so I'd have to think we are not the frontrunner.

Hey... after all of the trials and tribulations we've gone through... I like what he's saying. Let's get the King to see him and try to get him back on campus. Lot of time left until NSD.

IrishInFl
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM

Yeah, but how great would Jones, Luc, and Bradham be as a LB core at FSU? He's a FSU lock, but I hope I'm wrong because he is the most underrated prospect in the country IMO.

irish4ever
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
.... he is the most underrated prospect in the country IMO.

Rated a 4* and has offers to virtually all the top-notch CFB programs and he's underrated?!?

IrishInFl
12-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Rated a 4* and has offers to virtually all the top-notch CFB programs and he's underrated?!?

Yes. He is definitely a 5* star, but doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he plays on the worst team in central Florida.

irish4ever
12-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes. He is definitely a 5* star, but doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he plays on the worst team in central Florida.

Gotcha!

IrishAddiction
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Will be nice to see what BK can do here. I really wonder if the way the university treated Bobby has had any impact on his opinion or his fathers opinion of the university. To be honest, i hope so.

If we can sit down and talk to him AND his father, it could pay dividends for us. He has already been on campus, and had nothing but good things to say about it.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
And I will add Christian Jones to my New Years wish list. Check!

JKhrome1ND
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
And I will add Christian Jones to my New Years wish list. Check!

:pray: I think he's on all are wish list this year.

vernfootball1
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
JUst a little update:
With a decision expected to come on National Signing Day, the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Jones is still considering Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, USC, Florida State and Miami. He’s taken official visits to the first four schools, with one scheduled for Southern California this month, along with unofficials to the two Florida schools.

“This is the truth, I really am considering Notre Dame,” Jones began. “I went up there and I didn’t expect to like it that much, but I went up there and loved it. I had a great time hanging out with the players and the coaches were all good.”

Jones says he doesn’t have any favorites among his final seven, but his his dad does.

“My dad loves Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Those are the two he likes the most. Shockingly over Florida State.”

per isd

bornready85
01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I know Jones is a legacy....but FSU is about the last school on the planet that I'd send my son to play football. The fact that his dad likes OU and ND more really says something.

irishmarine
01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
That could be huge. I hope the coaching staff gets together quickly socthey can get to work on tape and travels

IrishInFl
01-03-2010, 02:38 AM
If FSU does not get Jones, I will be shocked. I heard he has been a silent since this past summer.

NDinL.A.
01-03-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't doubt you, but if it's true then that would really suck. The ISD guys were doubting his interest, but he swears that it's real. Says he fits an important need and that he can see himself playing alongside Manti. And the fact that he saya that his dad prefers O and ND makes it even more intriguing.

Like you, I highly doubt he's coming to ND...hopefully we're both wrong...

Domina Nostra
01-03-2010, 10:39 AM
To me, ND really offers a differnt type of experience for a kid, than, say, FSU, Miami, or Tenn. It would not surprise me at all is Christian is seriously drawn to ND's atmosphere and players- just like Teo was. On the other hand, ND does not offer what other schools offer in terms of a college town or big city experience. That is why I think we will probably not get Seantrel.

I am not sure why some analysts discount this factor ("comfort/fit"). It seems to me one of the most important factors for an 18 yo.

loweND
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't know: I usually find that when somebody specifically says that something is 'the truth', and then they say what it is: it often isn't the truth.

IrishAddiction
01-03-2010, 05:43 PM
“This is the truth, I really am considering Notre Dame,” Jones began. “I went up there and I didn’t expect to like it that much, but I went up there and loved it. I had a great time hanging out with the players and the coaches were all good.”

Jones says he doesn’t have any favorites among his final seven, but his his dad does.

“My dad loves Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Those are the two he likes the most. Shockingly over Florida State.”

per isd

I hope its true, but i dont buy into it that much. Seems to me he is just trying to make it interesting.

And i dont know when this quote was from, but im guessing from within the past few weeks...... The coaches were all great thing really gets me..... almost our entire coaching staff from when he was on the visit is gone, i wonder how much that will play into his decision.

Im personally not giving us much of a shot on this one, i say 95% FSU still. We have a chance, but it seems very slim.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I saw him on the players' walk at the SC-ND game and the kid certainly passes the eye test, huge and muscular. He seems to have a great football IQ and I really do hope he considers us.

Big23Head
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Scheduled a visit to...Florida...I'm going to puke.

Winter Park Lake Howell star LB Christian Jones looks to schedule visit to Gainesville - OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-recruiting-christian-jones-uf-0112-20100110,0,5149682.story)

jmurphy75
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
My buddy is a teacher at Jone's High School and said it will be FSU in the end.

jason_h537
01-18-2010, 11:44 PM
The Kelly tour will be visiting the Jones home Tuesday

IrishAddiction
01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
The Kelly tour will be visiting the Jones home Tuesday

Like it like it alot. Kelly has been changing soft verbals to solids and gaining alot of ground on all of our other recruits. Its a long shot, but i really really hope we pull this kid in.

Big23Head
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
A no name article, but seems fairly well done

Capstone Report » Recruiting Update: Christian Jones (linebacker) (http://capstonereport.com/?p=4749)

fitz_bu47
01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I love that the guy thinks that Bama and Florida are the favorites w/ maybe FSU also, we all have our bias'.....Christian's comments about academics being important are encouraging, but I sadly don't hold out much hope for this one.

BGIF
01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Notre Dame: “The assistant Coach Afford is the coach that I’m closest out of all the coaches. He is very organized and has studied me . He knows my basketball schedule and my favorite food. He really wants me at Notre Dame, but I have to raise my grades because the standards are higher.”

6.What will factor into your decision?
C.J.: “I’d like to play for a defensive system I’d fit in. We ran a 5-2 defense at Lake Howell and I played Outside Backer. Also academics will be huge in my decision. Football doesn’t last forever so I’m going to get my degree. Distance will not play a factor.”

8. Are you qualified yet?
C.J.: “Yes, my G.P.A. is 2.8 and I scored a 17 on my ACT. I’m about to take some college credit classes to get a jump start.”

Jones underscores that the NCAA minimums doesn't get you into to ND. 2.8/17 and "I have to raise my grades because the standards are higher". I've seen guys get in with those numbers in the past so I'd suspect it's more a core course deficiency such as "C"s or "D"s in math courses, (AS AN EXAMPLE). Good to see he's committing to raising the level of his course work. Admissions would take that as a positive sign.

BCSorBust
01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Great quotes BGIF. Thanks for posting them. I'm taking them to mean that even if he has the Florida schools as tops he has serious interest in ND otherwise why would he care about boosting his GPA or taking college credit classes?

Some of the other major programs that don't have good academics put up a good front that they actually care about them, but I feel like the Florida schools don't even pretend, so if he truly does care about academics that is a HUGE bonus for ND. Doesn't hurt that he doesn't care about distance either.

The Polish Irishman
01-20-2010, 07:24 PM
FSU fans seemed worried about Jones maybe going to ND

vernfootball1
01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
5* OLB prospect Christian Jones has been working in a credit retrieval program to try to pull up... - Tomahawk Nation (http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/1/20/1262400/5-olb-prospect-christian-jones-has)

INTERESTING!!

Also on the web site

I dont blame him for wanting to go to ND.
It is the most storied program in CFB I dont care how bad the team is and the education is awesome.
Choosing uf would just seem spiteful, considering the relationships/rivalry etc.

FSU needs to hire somebody the get the gamedays more alive, electric, inclusive, SOMETHING to make the atmosphere inside DCS rockin. When I was at FSU in the late 80’s almost every home game was a night game and the students had been drinking all day and were PUMPED by gametime. Gene Deckheroff would call it “Saturday Night Live at Doak Campbell Stadium”

Good Times

Just thought id never hear a noles fan say something like that, as in nd is the most storied program, I know nd is, but one of my relatives is a fsu grad and hed never say sometin like that

HereComeTheIrish
01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Hmmmm....Good find Vern!!!

bornready85
01-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I read a few weeks ago that Jones father didn't like how Bowden was basically pushed out at FSU and that he would prefer that Jones go to OU or ND. We'll see...

bornready85
01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
wow...just realized "a few weeks ago" was actually posted on page 3 of this thread.

IanBr22
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
I read a few weeks ago that Jones father didn't like how Bowden was basically pushed out at FSU and that he would prefer that Jones go to OU or ND. We'll see...

OU's currently got 5 LBs committed, according to Scout. I can't see him wanting to be the sixth.

vernfootball1
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
OU's currently got 5 LBs committed, according to Scout. I can't see him wanting to be the sixth.

Wow I never even thought about that, thats a hell of alot of lbs, thanks for the info

HawaiianIrish
01-20-2010, 09:53 PM
PER ESPN: In terms of pure size and acceleration, there might not be a more impressive looking outside linebacker than Jones in this class. Prototypical 3-4 outside linebacker with his long frame, good pass-rushing skills and experience playing up on the line of scrimmage. This guy may be a bit raw at times and a 'tweener from a positional standpoint (OLB/DE) but he can blow up the perimeter run or make plays pursuing sideline-to-sideline. Has great height and wide frame that is well-defined but still has room for good physical development. Plays the game with an intense motor and shows great chase speed from the backside. Good vertical attacker with his long body, great initial burst and deceptively good bend. Turns and changes direction without a lot of wasted motion for his tall frame. Takes direct angles to the ball. Closes strong and is very solid tackler; breaks down well in the openfield for his size as well. Uses hands to shed and keep blockers off his body well as an outside rusher Shows great speed on outside run support; difficult to outflank. Flashes the fluidity to slip under the cutoff when pursuing through traffic. However, we question his reactive athleticism at times. Needs to work on getting a quicker jump off the ball and attacking the outside half of the blocker when employed at end, susceptible to getting reached. At times lets blockers reach him at the 2nd level when employed at normal linebacker depth. A bit raw in his reads and fundamentals but can mask it at the high school level with his superior strength and physicality. Needs to make sure he is conscious of his leverage when trying to squeeze the run inside. Shows some stiffness in space as well when he plays without good knee bend. Overall, we feel Jones will polish up his technique and diagnosing skills when he concentrates on one position at the next level. You can't coach his great size and explosiveness or the high energy he plays the game with. Great prospect with a ton of versatility. Could line up at linebacker and put his hand down and rush the passer on 3rd downs.

vernfootball1
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
PER ESPN: In terms of pure size and acceleration, there might not be a more impressive looking outside linebacker than Jones in this class. Prototypical 3-4 outside linebacker with his long frame, good pass-rushing skills and experience playing up on the line of scrimmage. This guy may be a bit raw at times and a 'tweener from a positional standpoint (OLB/DE) but he can blow up the perimeter run or make plays pursuing sideline-to-sideline. Has great height and wide frame that is well-defined but still has room for good physical development. Plays the game with an intense motor and shows great chase speed from the backside. Good vertical attacker with his long body, great initial burst and deceptively good bend. Turns and changes direction without a lot of wasted motion for his tall frame. Takes direct angles to the ball. Closes strong and is very solid tackler; breaks down well in the openfield for his size as well. Uses hands to shed and keep blockers off his body well as an outside rusher Shows great speed on outside run support; difficult to outflank. Flashes the fluidity to slip under the cutoff when pursuing through traffic. However, we question his reactive athleticism at times. Needs to work on getting a quicker jump off the ball and attacking the outside half of the blocker when employed at end, susceptible to getting reached. At times lets blockers reach him at the 2nd level when employed at normal linebacker depth. A bit raw in his reads and fundamentals but can mask it at the high school level with his superior strength and physicality. Needs to make sure he is conscious of his leverage when trying to squeeze the run inside. Shows some stiffness in space as well when he plays without good knee bend. Overall, we feel Jones will polish up his technique and diagnosing skills when he concentrates on one position at the next level. You can't coach his great size and explosiveness or the high energy he plays the game with. Great prospect with a ton of versatility. Could line up at linebacker and put his hand down and rush the passer on 3rd downs.

Nice, could see him being an absolute beast in this defense

HereComeTheIrish
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Jones and Manti....Me likey.

IrishInFl
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Oh boy I hope Jones comes to ND. I would up to my source with the biggest shit eating grin ever. I still think he goes to FSU, but I desperately want to be wrong.

HereComeTheIrish
01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Looking good to this point. We're in the conversation.

irishandy
01-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Jones and Manti....Me likey.

Manti, Jones, and Ferguson would be better!!! Like the good news about Christian Jones.

IrishInFl
01-23-2010, 02:54 AM
UPDATE!!!

According to my source we have no shot. Jones is FSU all the way. But he's stated this several times, so it is no surprise. What I'm trying to say is don't get your hopes up.

But if we do get Jones, I get a free bar tab for a night, so let's get Jones!

choo choo
01-24-2010, 12:51 AM
i dont think so...i beleive this kid is irish if his grades make it, fsu otherwise

phork
01-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Kiffin recruited him at Tennessee, but an article on ESPN suggests that he is Florida bound and Kiffin is trying to get him to USC...

NDinL.A.
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I was reading about him this morning. The FL guys said that he's been there 2 weekends in a row, and that they are starting to like their chances a lot more, but that he's still considered a FSU lean (near lock). The SC boards are arguing about whether he cancelled his scheduled OV next weekend or not (some of them thought he was coming this weekend...in other words, they're a mess). They think they could get him, but I just don't see it. I see it as : 1. FSU; 2. FL (and gaining, they really might get him); and 3. ND (always the bride's maid LOL)...

phork
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Always the bridesmaid, until the program starts winning. If ND shores up the key spots this time around, IE get a couple more QBs on the roll, then we'll be fine. Once Kelly starts winning it'll be a matter of time before the coffers are full again.

jason_h537
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Let's hope Alford can pull off another one. Can he play DE?

irishandy
01-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Didn't Jones say he is closest to Alford??

BGIF
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Didn't Jones say he is closest to Alford??

I remember that comment but I couldn't figure out if he meant he was closest to Alford of the coaches from all schools or just that he was closest to Alford of the ND coaches.

BGIF
01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Let's hope Alford can pull off another one. Can he play DE?

I suppose down the road he could grow into it. But at 6-4 220 he's got some serious weight to gain.

NDinL.A.
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I remember that comment but I couldn't figure out if he meant he was closest to Alford of the coaches from all schools or just that he was closest to Alford of the ND coaches.

It sounded as if he was closest to Alford over ANY coach that's recruiting him...

BearGB
01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Article in the Orlando Sentinel. We are still in, and good news - USC is out. Can't hurt us. The article doesn't get into specifics too much. Kelly planning on visiting this week sometime.

Here's the link: National Signing Day, college football, Christian Jones, Lake Howell, University of Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, University of Alabama - OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-recruiting-series-part4-0127-20100126,0,2265020,full.story)

Ricochet
01-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Let's hope Alford can pull off another one. Can he play DE?Jones could very well be 4-3 DE but not a 3-4 DE. He would be a waste as a DE at ND as his skill set and build are better suited a LB in either system or as 4-3 DE.

TerryTate
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Any updates regarding his grades?

The Polish Irishman
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Anyone think we have a chance?

vernfootball1
02-02-2010, 08:58 PM
From what he has said, it sounds like we do, I know the people on ISD questioned his interest, and he said it was real. I don't think he has real interest I think he's just kind of making things interesting and toying around. I hope I'm wrong on what I think, but something just does not seem right, but wherever he ends up he will be an absolute beast

vernfootball1
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry excuse my thoughts on Christian Jones, there was just an update on ISD that he is really torn up between FSU and ND, and it is 50/50, we will see on his announcement at 10 15 tomorrow morning Go Irish!

NoJusticeNoPeace
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Alphabetical order by nickname is the best way to decide this.

Tate the Great
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I think we will get him, boys. We lost a legacy in Anthony Barr, but I think FSU will lose one in Christian Jones. Hopefully I am right.

IrishInFl
02-02-2010, 09:47 PM
It would be a huge coup if we landed Jones. I really hope we get him because he is the best linebacker in this class IMO.

ryno 24
02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I did my praying now we just need an intervention. I hope we get him

WabashFalcon
02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Dear God...

Please? PLEASE??? Just give us one. Just one.

The Polish Irishman
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Long as there is no hat switch tomorrow, I will be fine....but dam he would look good next to Teo

NoJusticeNoPeace
02-03-2010, 01:24 AM
I think we will get him, boys. We lost a legacy in Anthony Barr, but I think FSU will lose one in Christian Jones. Hopefully I am right.

Same. I've got a good feeling about Jones.

BGIF
02-03-2010, 02:01 AM
Long as there is no hat switch tomorrow, I will be fine....but dam he would look good next to Teo

He'd look damn good lined up behind Nix and Ferguson.

IrishInFl
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Committed to FSU. Told ya so.

irish4ever
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
He'd look damn good lined up behind Nix and Ferguson.

Would have been good behind Nix. I figured that IF the Irish would have landed Ferguson that he would have verbaled already. Oh well, the Irish landed a good coup of players this yr.