PDA

View Full Version : '10 SC ATH Jerrell Priester (Vanderbilt Verbal)

BGIF
05-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Athlete
Allendale Fairfax High School
Allendale SC

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 170 lbs
Forty: 4.4 secs
100: 10.3

Combine Stats:
40 yard dash 4.48
Short Shuttle 4.52
Broad Jump 8-11
Vertical: 33.2

Stats:
Rushing 99 atts, 1194 yd, 12.1ypc, 12 TD
Defense 50 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 INT

Offers: ND, VU, DUKcamp, UK, ECU, SC St.

Interest: UGAcamp, VT, ALA, CLcamp, SCAcamp,

Decision: Vanderbilt Verbal 7/22/09

jason_h537
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Im surprised this thread was just opened. Not suer what to think of this kid. Kind of small but has speed for days. Just what position will he project to?

BGIF
05-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Jamie Newberg and other reported back on 4/27 that ND was the first Div 1 school to offer Priester. At that time he had visited CL, his childhood favorite for a Junior Day and returned without an offer. His only offer before ND was So. Carolina St. ECU offered the day after ND and now ALA, UGA, VU, VT and others are showing interest.

Steve Wiltfong has an article up at IrishSportsDaily (a freebie at the moment)

Priester Looking to Pursue Dreams - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=385&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

The article claims this kid at 5-10 175 (yes, the same size as "Rocket") has run a 4.3 40 and a 10.3 100 which would be Rocket like numbers. And that's got Corwin's Brown attention. Right now ND and Corwin are looking good. CL was Priester childhood but they didn't offer when he attended their Junior Day. They can jump back in with an offer but Corwin and ND seem to have open up new horizons to Priester. His mom likes the ND offer, too. There's a great quote in the Wiltfong piece:

It really doesn't matter where I play. I can play offense or defense. I think no matter where they put me I'll make plays.

BGIF
05-13-2009, 05:06 PM
... Not suer what to think of this kid. Kind of small but has speed for days. Just what position will he project to?

I think a lot of people aren't sure. Sizewise, he's 5-9/5-10 168-175 depending on who did a writeup. He's a HS Junior, Rocket played at that height and weight as a Senior. Joey Getherall hit 175 but never saw 5-9. I don't think size is the question for a Slot Back or CB.

The reported speed numbers are contradictory. We all know HS coaches times 40s are too quick. Was the 10.3 hundred electronic? Was there a 20 mph tailwind? Those times are eyebrow lifters but they don't correspond with his Scout.com Combine Data:

Location: CharlotteHeight: 5-9Weight: 16840-Yard Dash: 4.48Short Shuttle: 4.52Broad Jump: 8-11

Good numbers but they don't correspond to 4.3 or 10.3. Maybe he had a bad day. Don't know. I'd like to see an electronic time.

Regardless, Corwin is satisfied the kid can play for him.

IHateMarkMay
05-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Apparently in his top 2 with Vandy, or so I have heard.

BGIF
06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Apparently in his top 2 with Vandy, or so I have heard.

His offer list is still short but growing. He's apparently picked up offers from VU, DUK, and UK.

BGIF
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
6/16 Vandy is in Great Shape with Priester! Shedrick Moorer VandyMania.com

Scout.com: Vandy is in Great Shape with Priester! (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=871960)

Priester appears very intrigued about his latest offer from the Commodores to say the very least. He is simply moved by the fact that Vanderbilt competes in the SEC, which would give him an opportunity to compete on the highest level in college football. Shedrick Moorer

Right now, Id have to say that Notre Dame, Duke, Georgia, SC State, and Kentucky are all in the mix with Vanderbilt. But if I have to choose a top two, Id have to say that Vandy and Notre Dame are in the lead ...Ill be going up to Vanderbilt on next Thursday, Priester. Theyre supposed to be having a cookout for all of the guys theyve offered. Thatll give me a chance to hang out with the coaching staff, and check things out a little more in-depth.Priester

Irishlew
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
announcing tomorrow...between ND and Vandy.

IHateMarkMay
06-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Anybody know where the coaches want to put him on the field, if he comes to ND?

notredomer23
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I was high on him until I heard his offer is not actionable anymore...

BostonND
06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
I was high on him until I heard his offer is not actionable anymore...

What does that mean?

The Polish Irishman
06-26-2009, 09:14 AM
There are some rumors flying around, but I doubt the staff would turn down speed. He was suppose to be in Vandy today and ND sometime this weekend, but made neither. Could be he knows ND spots are filling up fast for CB and wants to get on boards...Then again, what the hell do I know.

notredomer23
06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
What does that mean?

that he has an offer but cant commit to us at the moment...which I think this means the staff knows Lo Wood is committing to us tonight(announcing at 7), Spencer Boyd has us in the lead, and Kacy Rodgers is supposevly commiting 7/1 and he is high on us.

note: thats just a rumor that his offer is not actionable anymore

SpeedsterX
06-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Actually 6:30 in Mishawaka is the word.

Junkhead
06-26-2009, 04:55 PM
delete

NDinL.A.
06-26-2009, 09:56 PM
According to Rivals, he's not announcing today, and he will take all his visits. The word there is that he said he was going to choose Vandy. I have no idea if ND is going to be one of his OV's, but by the time he does all that, will there be room? I don't know, I personally don't see him ever choosing ND as his school...

BGIF
06-26-2009, 11:10 PM
According to Rivals, he's not announcing today, and he will take all his visits. The word there is that he said he was going to choose Vandy. I have no idea if ND is going to be one of his OV's, but by the time he does all that, will there be room? I don't know, I personally don't see him ever choosing ND as his school...

IF the decision came down to VU and ND ...

IF "he was going to choose Vandy" ...

IF ND's offer is no longer "actionable" ...

And now he's taking all his visits ...

Vandy was a straw man.

IF ND removed the offer, in the absence of a Brian Smith situation, why would they pay for an official visit?

BGIF
07-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Priester nearly pulls the trigger > Palmetto Sports Recruiting News (http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090702/PSPORTS02/907039996/-1/PSPORTS)
Phil Kornblut

Jerrell Priester was ready to commit to Vandy last week as a CB.

I was going to decide last week but my mom and coach said no. I would have committed to Vanderbilt. I just feel like they are doing a good job recruiting me and I have a good relationship with the coaches.

He camped at CL, DUK, UGA, and SCA. CL. No new offers but he thinks UGA and VT are close. He plans to visit both ND and VU in July.

NDinL.A.
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
As expected, he committed to Vanderbilt. He wanted to play defense, whereas ND wanted him to play offense, per ISD. Still a debate as to whether his scholly was still actionable...