PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL DE Tim Jackson (North Carolina Verbal)

NDinL.A.
05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
FL DE Tim Jackson
Weakside DE
St. Petersburg (FL) Gibbs

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 215 lbs
Forty: 4.65 secs
Bench max: 280 pounds
GPA: 3.7
SAT: 960

Rivals: 5.5 (3 star)

NDinL.A.
05-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Being called a sleeper in this class, and should move up the rankings this year. Nice write up on him on irishsportsdaily:

Notre Dame Shows Interest In Florida Defensive End - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=361&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

ND is in constant contact with him, and an offer could be in his future.

Had OK stats as a jr due to constant double teams and a 3-4 scheme that didn't suit his game. His h.s. team is bringing in a 4-3 defense, which is of course what ND now runs. This quote from him was especially nice:

Jackson would feel very good if Notre Dame stepped to the table with a scholarship offer.

“Just the tradition you know,” Jackson began. “The name Notre Dame carries a lot of weight, and if they offered me, they’d be in the top three right off the bat.”

“I’m looking for strong academics, a rich tradition, a chance to win a championship,” Jackson said. “Location doesn’t really matter to me. My parents are fine with me going out to different parts of the country.”

They’re also more than fine with Notre Dame.

“My parents love the school. They love watching them.”

Stanford is his current leader, followed by Auburn...

jason_h537
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Stanford again. ughhhhhhh

wicket
05-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Stanford again. ughhhhhhh

that actually is good news. IMO if we offer we are right up there. not sure if we are ever gonna offer though, if we snatch a few other DEnds we have no need for him tbh.