PDA

View Full Version : '10 GA DT Garrison Smith (Georgia Commit)

Synoptico
05-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Defensive Tackle
Atlanta, GA; Douglass HS

Height: 6-4
Weight: 250
Forty: 4.6
GPA: 3.5

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; Defensive Tackles (2)
Scout: :s::s::s::s::s:; Defensive Tackles (2)

Statistics
Junior: 108 Tackles; 27 For Loss; 14 Sacks

Schools of Interest
Alabama
Arkansas
AUburn
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
Maryland
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Southern Cal

Synoptico
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Offered per Steve Wilfong on Twitter

The Polish Irishman
05-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Tenuta stopped by yesterday to see the young man

BGIF
05-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Tenuta stopped by yesterday to see the young man

FREE article on the visit at Mike Frank's new venture:

ND, Tenuta, "Bless" Smith With An Offer - (http://irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=333&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

irish4ever
05-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Based on the article, it sounds as though his interest level in the Irish is as high as the Irish are in him. That's definitely bodes well for the Irish recruiting plans!

BGIF
07-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Rivals: 4 Star, #2 DT, 5.9 Rating

Stats:
'08 108 Tackles, 27 TFL, 14 Sacks

Offers:
ALA
AUB
ARK
CL
UF
FSU
UGA
GT
LSU
UMD
UNC
ND
OSU
OSU
OU
SCA
UTN
USC

Jason Pham
07-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Profile updated.

IHateMarkMay
07-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Anybody want to say if there is any interest in the Irish here? I never really saw him as on our radar but I'm not always in the loop.

NDinL.A.
07-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Anybody want to say if there is any interest in the Irish here? I never really saw him as on our radar but I'm not always in the loop.

It depends who you read. ND is still in communication with him, but no visit has been set up yet. His brother played for GT, so Smith is already familiar with Tenuta. When Smith got offered, he said he was 'blessed' to get the offer. But many people think he'll be VERY difficult to get out of the south. But Steve Wiltfond of ISD said we moved up the board when we offered him, and that we should be in line for a visit, but that was written last month. It doesn't look good, unless we can get a visit...

jason_h537
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
It depends who you read. ND is still in communication with him, but no visit has been set up yet. His brother played for GT, so Smith is already familiar with Tenuta. When Smith got offered, he said he was 'blessed' to get the offer. But many people think he'll be VERY difficult to get out of the south. But Steve Wiltfond of ISD said we moved up the board when we offered him, and that we should be in line for a visit, but that was written last month. It doesn't look good, unless we can get a visit...

Yeah, i'm reading the staff believes they have a shot with this kid, but outside of that there really is nothing to say he is interested in us. It's hard to get SEC kids to leave the area, but it can happen.

jason_h537
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
4HL has us in his top 5 with a possible OV.

NDinL.A.
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Now Smith has told Rivals and ISD that he is publicly putting ND in his top 5, and he will definitely take his OV to ND this fall. He declined to publicly name the other teams in his top 5, but ND is in it for sure.

This is good news, obviously. He's a stud, the type of defensive recruit ND usually doesn't get, that is before Te'o and Martin. The fact that he's publicly showing so much love for ND puts us in the equation, and a great year might land him. As with so many blue-chippers this year, if ND wins this year we will put ourselves in GREAT position to have a top 5 class, if not top 3...

BGIF
07-09-2009, 05:45 AM
7/8 per AuburnUndercover.com

Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Southern California and Oklahoma made the cut.

I'm just taking things day by day and letting God help point me in the right direction

His mother is already pointing the way, just look up!

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
7/8 per AuburnUndercover.com

Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Southern California and Oklahoma made the cut.

His mother is already pointing the way, just look up!

Wait... he publicly put us in this Top 5, but now we don't even make his Top 10? Awesome. Just fucking awesome.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Wait... he publicly put us in this Top 5, but now we don't even make his Top 10? Awesome. Just fucking awesome.

I saw the post on the Top 5 dated 7/06 but I have not see that article. This one is two day later. Here's the LINK for the actual article.

Garrison Smith - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?page=onthetrail&recruitId=71982)

If it doesn't open to the article listing the 10 on his short list, Click on "Garrison Smith names top 10" The only place I saw ND mentioned in this writeup was "Other offers".

ant80
07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Heavy, and I mean VERY heavy, family pressure on him to go to UGA, which is where he is rumored to be leaning.

shood
07-13-2009, 07:39 PM

Found this:

Spoke to Garrison Smith today
Author: ThePaleHorseman (271 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 1:48 pm on Jul 6, 2009
He said the "top 10" list posted on Scout.com yesterday was not completely accurate.

Garrison said, the writer asked for leaders and Garrison named the first ten teams that came off the top of his head and those are the ones that were named in his "top ten".

Smith said he is also still considering Notre Dame and Alabama.So its more like a top 12.

He will take 5 official visits after his senior season. He is unsure when he will make his decision, but claimed he would still take his visits even if he were to verbally commit early.

WabashFalcon
07-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks shood. I feel better.

BGIF
07-14-2009, 02:54 AM
... Garrison said, the writer asked for leaders and Garrison named the first ten teams that came off the top of his head and those are the ones that were named in his "top ten". ...

That kind of stuff happens a lot.

...He will take 5 official visits after his senior season. He is unsure when he will make his decision, but claimed he would still take his visits even if he were to verbally commit early.

I'll hazard a guess then that if he commits early, it won't be to ND.

BostonND
07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
We need to get his parents on campus, that should help with the "UGA Pressure"

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Well, Smith committed to Georgia, according to tharinger.com. Damn...

notredomer23
07-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, Smith committed to Georgia, according to tharinger.com. Damn...

dude tharinger is the national enquirer of football. until rivals or scout has it up it is not true. they are wrong 75% of the time

edit: i shoulnt say 75% of the time. they go ALL by strictly rumor.

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
dude tharinger is the national enquirer of football. until rivals or scout has it up it is not true. they are wrong 75% of the time

edit: i shoulnt say 75% of the time. they go ALL by strictly rumor.

Yeah, I agree 100%, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Should have prefaced my post with that info. Hoever, they've been better of late, but yeah, they're still gossip queens...

notredomer23
07-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I agree 100%, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Should have prefaced my post with that info. Hoever, they've been better of late, but yeah, they're still gossip queens...

ok I saw the title to the thread so I was going by that. They seem to have good intentions but its like almost run by a bunch of 10 year olds that actually have a vague idea of what they are talking about.

WabashFalcon
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Soooo.... he's not Georgia? If that's the case... get that dirty word and verbal out from behind his name.

NDinL.A.
07-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, it now says that he's not committed to Georgia. Ummm, 'tharinger' needs to do some serious soul searching, b/c that's some embarrassing crap they just pulled (AGAIN!). My head hurts...

P.S. Mods can you change the title again? Thanks...

BGIF
07-18-2009, 04:24 AM
...Ummm, 'tharinger' needs to do some serious soul searching, b/c that's some embarrassing crap they just pulled (AGAIN!). ...

They're making money getting hits from people buying into their "reports" and then posting "tharinger" rumors on other site as fact.

Tharinger's no more embarrassed than William Randolph Hearst or P.T. Barum were.

As for the suckers, they should be.

IHateMarkMay
07-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah they said Montana was a silent verbal to ND for some time... I would check that site every once in a while but its re-goddamn-diculous.

notredomer23
07-18-2009, 11:03 AM
The one thing i do like a lot is the way they have there top 300 how they have favorite and everything

WabashFalcon
07-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Garrison Smith = on market.

BGIF
07-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Smith may be on the market but he spent Saturday in Athens at Dawg Night according to Kipp Adams UGAsports.com.

WabashFalcon
07-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Until he is solid, can we get that "Georgia Verbal" taken off please? Thank you in advance to the mod who does this.

BostonND
07-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Scout reports that he committed to Georgia. No surprise here

jason_h537
07-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I was holding out hope that we could catch a break but never really believed we would get him. Oh well good luck to him at UGA.

BGIF
07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Garrison Smith of Douglass (Atlanta, Ga.) has accepted a Class of 2010 offer from the Bulldogs.

Smith picked Georgia over Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State and Southern California.

Dozens of others, nearly every major program in the nation, also offered the touted prospect, including Auburn, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina, Oregon, Vanderbilt and Notre Dame.

WabashFalcon
07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Well... Shit.