PDA

View Full Version : '10 TX CB Kacy Rodgers (Miami Verbal)

NDinL.A.
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Kacy Rodgers TX CB
Southlake Carroll H.S.

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 185 lbs

Offers:
FL
Georgia
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Nebraska
Miami
Tennessee
Oklahoma
OK St

*Rodgers' father is Miami Dolphins defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers, who also played linebacker at the University of Tennessee.

Statistics UT AT Tck TFL Int BR
2008 (Jr.) 22 7 29 2 3 10

IrishAddiction
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Hell of a big corner. i like seeing that because many collleges recruit big tall recievers some of the smaller corners have trouble matching up with. (USC)

irish4ever
05-01-2009, 07:35 AM
A lot of big name fb schools on the offer list, but no Texas schools (though he's from Texas)???

GOLDENISTHYTATE
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
he comes out of a school that produces major D-1 talent every year, so there is no doubt that this kid is a player. A 6-2 corner sounds great to me.

And remember that Texas has their pick of the litter with in-state recruits, so maybe they just don't need that many DBs in this class, or maybe Kacy has expressed wanting to play out of state. There are many reasons as to why no Texas schools have offered.

OCIrish
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Let's hope he wants to play out of state, say maybe in northern Indiana.

BGIF
05-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Nice FREEBIE article by Wiltfong ISD

Late Bloomer - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=397&Itemid=89)

Tony Alford visited his HS Wednesday and has been making up time in the past couple of weeks helping ND move up Rodgers list. No favorite. He's been to DUK, UF, OU, and OKS and hope sto visit ND, OSU, and UGA.

According to his dad, the Dolphins DLine Coach

... a degree from ND goes a long way in life, and that being a football player from there also goes a long way too.”

BGIF
05-15-2009, 12:41 AM
The ESPN writeup with his profile notes that in addition to being tall he has long arms to help press at the LOS and prevent separation. Good but not great speed. They question his fluidity in transition and think his future might be a Safety. He might struggle with the speed receivers but has the size and aggressiveness to stand up to the big receivers. ND has been tending to taller DBs and none of the current ND CB offer are tall.

BGIF
06-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Week in Review by Joe Bradshaw ISD (I don't have a link)

ND offered Rodgersa month ago.

A lot more,” said Rodgers of his growing interest in ND. “Talking to (ND RBs) coach (Tony) Alford, he made it sound like it’s just the beginning of a new team there and that they’re going to be a powerhouse. I know they’ve been in a slump, but he says they’re having a fresh beginning coming and it makes me want to take a look to see if I want to be part of it

23 offers
No favorites

I don’t know if I have any favorites, but some schools I want to take another look at are MIA ND UGA and OSU. I still want to give every school an equal opportunity but these schools have more things that stand out in my mind than the others.

HIs dad played at UTN and coaches the DLine for the Dolphins where Weis buddy Bill Parcells also works.

Coach Parcells tells my dad what a great guy he is and that I’d definitely be in good hands if I went to ND.

Rodgers expects to meet Weis when he visits the ND campus with his mom on the June 20th

IrishInFl
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
How many CBs are we going to take this class? It looks like we will get three from FL :) so how much room will we have for others like Shaw and, hopefuly, Rodgers?

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 11:42 AM
How many CBs are we going to take this class? It looks like we will get three from FL :) so how much room will we have for others like Shaw and, hopefuly, Rodgers?
Who are the three from Fl.? I'm not overly sure with Riggs, since he's been talking to the liar, Urban. I don't care what anyone else thinks about Urban the Liar, he's a complete scumbag who'm never will deserve to be a HC at ND, ever. I hope he stays at Fl, and brings down that program with some of the wrong type of kids that he recruits. If Rodgers wants to come on board, welcome, by all means. I want kids who want to be here instead of someone who listens to that douche, Urban.

Synoptico
06-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Who are the three from Fl.? I'm not overly sure with Riggs, since he's been talking to the liar, Urban. I don't care what anyone else thinks about Urban the Liar, he's a complete scumbag who'm never will deserve to be a HC at ND, ever. I hope he stays at Fl, and brings down that program with some of the wrong type of kids that he recruits. He lied to Trattou, lied to Hunter, now he's lying to Riggs. If Rodgers wants to come on board, welcome, by all means. I want kids who want to be here instead of someone who listens to that douche, Urban.

In no way shape or form do I think Urban is the cleanest of recruiters.

That being said, how is he lying this time? No one can say with any certainty that Weis will be here at the end of the year. We didn't at the end of last season.

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I thought about what I said, and should edit that, but I'm soo fucking pissed that, that piece of shit puts the screws to all that is good about college football and gets away with it. He's a piece of shit that should get everything that he has coming too him!!!

BGIF
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I thought about what I said, and should edit that, but I'm soo fucking pissed that, that piece of shit puts the screws to all that is good about college football and gets away with it. He's a piece of shit that should get everything that he has coming too him!!!

You need to stop holding back and let it out.

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I do feel a little better now

BGIF
06-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Who are the three from Fl.? ...

Cody Riggs, Lo Wood, and Spencer Boyd. They've all had ND in their TOP 2 or 3. They're all being pursued by others. ND is a strong possibility for any of them but I don't see ND as a lock with any of them. ND's offered a number of DBs since offering those 3.

IrishInFl
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Seriously, how could you not know who the three from Florida are? Anyways from what I heard, Riggs is still very much Irish. Langston said that Wood will announce on the 25th, even though I heard 26th in other places. As for Boyd, I'm just hoping that he camps and commits there.

BGIF
06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
... Anyways from what I heard, Riggs is still very much Irish. Langston said that Wood will announce on the 25th, even though I heard 26th in other places. As for Boyd, I'm just hoping that he camps and commits there.

I think ND is good shape with those 3 at this point. Would you ND consider a lock for Riggs or either of the others?

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I know full well who the three are, I'm just not soo sure that we end up with all three, or even two of them at the point. That is all.

IrishInFl
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Out of all these guys, Lo Wood seems like the biggest lock (please remember this and flame me if I am incorrect). Riggs would have committed if his coach would let him (as if he has a say in the matter). As for Boyd, I really don't know much about the guy.

jason_h537
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Notre Dame originally wanted to take 3 corners and 3 safeties, but dependingon who is available will determine the final outcome. I say Shaw Boyd and Wood will be our Corners, Amerson, and either Riley/ Parker/ Bailey at safety. we will get One of those three, with a good year maybe two

BGIF
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Out of all these guys, Lo Wood seems like the biggest lock (please remember this and flame me if I am incorrect). Riggs would have committed if his coach would let him (as if he has a say in the matter). As for Boyd, I really don't know much about the guy.

No flames needed. I asked for your judgement based on your discussions with someone else. I appreciate the candor.

NDinL.A.
06-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Seriously, how could you not know who the three from Florida are? Anyways from what I heard, Riggs is still very much Irish. Langston said that Wood will announce on the 25th, even though I heard 26th in other places. As for Boyd, I'm just hoping that he camps and commits there.

It's the 26th everywhere I've read; that's the day after he comes back from vacation. Unless he texts someone his decision, I doubt we see anything on him until then.

Now, I'm not one of those dudes who sees that a guy is has ND in his top 3 and automatically says 'I think he's Irish'. But with everything I've read about him, I really do think he commits to the Irish...

BGIF
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
6/23 According to Anthony Dasher, UGASports.Com (Rivals) Kacy Rodgers "loved visit to Athens" and is on his way to Columbus.

BGIF
07-11-2009, 02:45 AM
7/10 a snippet from J.C. Shurburtt, ESPN

Class of 2010 cornerback Kacy Rodgers (Southlake, Texas/Carroll) said he enjoyed his visits to Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia and Duke and said those are among his top schools. He's a 6-foot-2 corner who plays physical.

WabashFalcon
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Gotta survive the cut down to five now.

jason_h537
07-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Rivals reporting that Kacy will decide between Florida and Georgia. Georgia appears to be the favorite

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 02:23 AM
I posted this in another thread, before I realized that nobody had written about this in his Kacy's thread:

With him not committing to Georgia and FL despite visiting there, it throws his recruitment wide open I would think. Depending on what you read, either Georgia didn't allow him to commit b/c they are filling up fast and don't want to use their space with him just yet, or he surprised them by not committing like they thought. Same thing w/ FL. I'm not sure if we get him, probably doubtful still, but the events of this weekend certainly couldn't hurt.

Of course, the question might be, w/ Wood and Boyd already in the fold, and Riggs and Shaw firmly in the mix, would ND allow him to commit if he wanted to??? Depends on how much the coaches like him I guess...

BGIF
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
That was on 7/16 according to ESPN affiliate Web site TexAgs.com, CB Kacy Rodgers (Carroll/Southlake, Texas) currently favors ND OSU UGA and UF. Other offers include A&M, UTN MIA, TT, OKS Duke and MIN.

WabashFalcon
07-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Well... we made the top five.

BGIF
07-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Well... we made the top five.

No anymore.

BGIF
07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Kacy Rodgers TX Southlake Carroll pledged to sign with Miami Sunday night, ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com reports.

Yea, I committed to Miami.

Other offers include ND UF UGA OSU ALA A&M UTN and Duke.

His father, Kacy, played DE/OLB for UTN and is currently the DLine coach for the Miami Dolphins.

texas fighting irish
07-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I hate when someone from texas does not go to notre dame its so hard to get them away from texas. i want atleast one player each year lol