PDA

View Full Version : '10 CT LB Khairi Fortt (PSU Verbal)

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Outside linebacker
Stamford (CT) Stamford

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 226
Forty: 4.68
Bench max: 315
Squat max: 415
Vertical: 31
GPA: 2.7
Test: March '09 SAT

STATS:
'08 118 Tackles, 4 Fumbles Caused, 2 INTs

RANKING:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s: , #2 OLB, Rating 6.0
Scout: :s::s::s::s: , #5 OLB
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #2 ILB, Grade 81

OFFERS:
PSU camp '09,
Georgia (OV 9/11/09)
USC
Michigan
Tennessee
North Carolina

BC
Connecticut
Miami
Notre Dame
OSU

DECISION: 10/5 PSU

BGIF
05-08-2009, 03:01 AM
JC Shurburtt in his May 6th column noted that linebacker Khairi Fortt, revealed that Penn State was his leader.

Fortt's teammate RB Silas Redd recently commited to PSU.

BGIF
05-08-2009, 03:23 AM
5/4 Kurelic reported Fortt was one of the top 3 defensive prospects at the Nike Training Camp held at PSU.
Fortt moved with grace and power and was very difficult to block. ... projects as a difference maker at the next level.

jason_h537
05-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I really like this kid. There were about 6 players i pegged at the start of the recruiting cycle i wanted at ND. Chris Martin, James Hurst, Sentreal Henderson, Anthony Barr, Sean Parker, and Fortt. Hopefully we can land him.

BGIF
05-09-2009, 06:08 AM
I really like this kid.

Me too!

I'm hoping a strong season with a swarming defense led by young players like Ethan Johnson, Ian Williams, and Te'o, and strong defensive recruits in the Class of '14 like Chris Martin will clarify the picture for Fortt so he doesn't get caught up in the hype of "Linebacker U" and Joe Pa's retirement party.

There were about 6 players i pegged at the start of the recruiting cycle i wanted at ND. Chris Martin, James Hurst, Sentreal Henderson, Anthony Barr, Sean Parker, and Fortt. Hopefully we can land him.

That group would provide a solid core for a #1 class. Henderson and Hurst were my dream for a dominant OLine. So far we've got one, Martin, and lost one Hurst, with one leaning like Pisa.

IrishAddiction
05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Parker aint coming, but Fortt is a definate possability.... many people have said it before but it really depends on how the season goes, that will determine who committs and how fast they commit. Got a feeling its gonna be a slow summer though.

BGIF
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Parker aint coming, but Fortt is a definate possability.... many people have said it before but it really depends on how the season goes, that will determine who committs and how fast they commit. Got a feeling its gonna be a slow summer though.

Parker struck me as the least likely of Jason's early recruiting cycle bunch but he hasn't dropped ND, has he? Last I recall he had mentioned visiting ND down the road.

jason_h537
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Parker aint coming.

says who?
we will continue this conversation until signing day cuz we are on his short list for sure. I still think if the season turns out the way i think it does, Hurst may start to take some interest in us again.

NDinL.A.
05-09-2009, 11:44 PM
says who?
we will continue this conversation until signing day cuz we are on his short list for sure. I still think if the season turns out the way i think it does, Hurst may start to take some interest in us again.

Sorry bro, Hurst's brother even transferred to UNC, and Hurst is really pumped about going there, from what I've read (people are doing work on my house and I have to stay home, so I've been reading A LOTTTTTTT today, so no, I don't have remember the link). But us saying that Hurst might change his mind and consider ND is almost as bad as USC thinking that now that Chris Martin is transferring to the east coast, that it has 'tipped the scales in ND's favor'. Well, OK, not that bad, actually not even close to that bad, but you get my point. He's all UNC bro.

Wait, found the quote:

Hurst will join Butch Davis' emerging program at North Carolina next season, along with his brother, tight end Nelson Hurst, who will transfer from Mississippi State.

"I think it's awesome," James Hurst said. "[Nelson's transfer] did not impact my decision to commit to North Carolina at all, but it will be great to play with him again. He will have to sit out this coming season but will be ready to go when I get there."

jason_h537
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
aint that a bitch

IrishAddiction
05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Parker hasnt dropped ND but he is staying in the west coast IMO. I dont have anything to back it up, but he was a good friend of Byron Moore, and we all seen how that worked out. Just like starling followed Bryant to USC from Flordia, i think that Parker will follow Moore.....again, just my opinion.

But Back to Fortt, glad to see he is ranked #2 OLB on the rivals position rankings.

BGIF
07-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Per Bill Kurelic ESPN 7/17

Offers include PSU, USC, UTN, UF, UGA, OSU, ND, AUB, UM, CAL, UVA, UMD, UNC, BC, RU, SYR, CON, and Duke. He's been to PSU (multiple times) as well as, ND, RU, UMD, CAL, and BC just to name a few.

After I visit UGA I'll have a top six. PSU UNC UTN USC UF UGA AUB and UM, those are pretty much the solid schools.

He plans to decide in December to enroll early in college.

I might make three (official) visits. Penn State and North Carolina would be two visits.

BGIF
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Per Kipp Adams UGAsports.com Fortt was in Athens Saturday for Dawg Night.

BGIF
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
According to ESPN Fortt has reduced his list down to six:
PSU, UGA, USC, UM, UTN, and UNC

Schools want a verdict. By narrowing it down I can get some schools off my shoulders.

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

The Polish Irishman
10-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Committed to Penn State

jason_h537
10-05-2009, 06:07 PM
i really wanted this kid but PSU locked him down a long time ago really

BGIF
10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Profile updated

Sherm Sticky
07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Mr. Fortt step on down and be the replacement for Manti!

Representing Stamford, CT

AlbuquerqueIrishFan
07-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes. The first thing I did when I saw the Penn St. penalties was go through the Penn St. recruiting profiles to see who we could possibly get as a transfer.

Sherm Sticky
07-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes. The first thing I did when I saw the Penn St. penalties was go through the Penn St. recruiting profiles to see who we could possibly get as a transfer.
He is from the area that I live in. Was hoping ND would get him when he was a recruit.

ab2cmiller
07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
PSU board says he's visiting Cal as we speak