PDA

View Full Version : '10 PA DE Dakota Royer (Penn State Verbal)

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Weakside DE
Manheim (PA) Manheim Central

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 222 lbs
Forty: 4.66 secs
Vertical: 37 inches
Shuttle: 4.33 secs

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
free story: SportingNews.com - The Recruitnik (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/17463/west_virginia,_colorado_latest_offers_for_de)

Royer has a message for the fans of the college he eventually chooses.

"They wouldn't just get an athlete with me," Royer said. "First off, they're getting a student athlete, because academics mean a lot to me. I'd want to help make the environment better at the school ... I would help out with any charity work. I enjoy helping people who are less fortunate than others ... I would do anything to put a smile on kids' faces."

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
This kid sounds like the epitome of what ND athletes stand for. I hope he chooses the Blue and Gold.

irish4ever
03-03-2009, 08:06 AM
This kid sounds like the epitome of what ND athletes stand for. I hope he chooses the Blue and Gold.

I agree! These type of kids is what makes ND what it is.

irishmarine
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
how interested is he in us

BGIF
05-08-2009, 03:29 AM
5/4 Kurelic reported Royer was one of the 3 top defensive prospects at the Nike Training Camp held at PSU. Royer worked out with both the DEs and the OLBs. Kuelic notes he doesn't have the weight for DLine now but could in 2 years. ... an absolute stud. ...a fluid and aggressive style. ... runs like a deer ... has the potential to be an edge player who must be accounted for at all times

BGIF
05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Per Steve Wiltfong at IrishSportsDaily Royer trimmed his short list to 10:
ND MSU PSU ILL PIT WVU UNC VT NU and UCLA. He plans to be at the ND USC Game. Should be a big weekend.

Notre Dame Makes First Cut - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=367&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

jason_h537
05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Dietrich Riley also plans on being at that game. That game is getting bigger each day.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
05-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Man I wish I was it was October 17th already. I LOVE IRISH FOOTBALL!!!! LET THE SEASON BEGIN ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!

BGIF
06-15-2009, 11:09 AM
This list differs by one school from his 5/11 Top 10. ORE, a recent offer, replaced NU.

6/14 SN 100 Star Royer has a Top 10 By Brian McLaughlin Sporting News SportingNews.com - The Recruitnik (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/25402/sn100_star_royer_has_a_top_10)

Royer up to 25 offers
10 schools ILL MSU UNC ND ORE PIT PSU VT UCLA and WVU as his finalists. UNC ORE and VT have been the most recent to offer.
Short list of 5, by end of July, will get visits.
A week or two after last in-season visit he'll make decision.

I made visits to a lot of them, and the ones that I havenít, I will. It comes down to just the programs, the history they have and the atmosphere. I feel I could play at any one of those schools and be comfortable with the decision. I think I could wake up every day and go to class, workout with my teammates, and all of those schools would be places I could do that.

Comments on Oregon:

You just look at it and how fun it looks to be in that stadium. Just looking at it, itís a pretty crazy, rocking place to play. They catch a lot of peopleís attention with their uniform. When you get their mail and stuff, each individual player has a plasma TV inside their locker. Itís really different out there. If I want to get away from home, thatís all the way across the country.

Isn't that an NCAA "extra benefit"?

... each individual player has a plasma TV inside their locker. ...

Do all ORE students get plasma TVs inside their locker?

jason_h537
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Those plasma's sure can recruit... named a top 5 of Oregon, Penn St., Michigan St., Pitt, and Notre Dame.

BGIF
06-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Those plasma's sure can recruit... named a top 5 of Oregon, Penn St., Michigan St., Pitt, and Notre Dame.

I hope he sees the big picture.

IHateMarkMay
06-18-2009, 08:50 AM
I hope he sees the big picture.

What? That a plasma TV will burn out and can be taken away and a Notre Dame education will be with you for always and that is something that nobody can take away?

BGIF
06-18-2009, 11:29 AM
What? That a plasma TV will burn out and can be taken away and a Notre Dame education will be with you for always and that is something that nobody can take away?

Ahuh. The Big Picture!

BGIF
06-28-2009, 04:54 PM
LancasterOnline.com:Local Sports:He's created a real monster (http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/239293)

Mike Gross, asssistant sports editor

Long article.

Dakota is the hottest college recruit in Manheim Central football history, and that covers some ground. He was first-team all-state at defensive end last season, as a junior. Most of the recruiting services consider him comfortably within the top 100 college prospects in the high school class of 2010. He's 6-3, 215 pounds of muscle, runs a 4.640 and has a 37-inch vertical leap, or a four-foot vertical leap straight out of a swimming pool ...

Jarron Gilbert of Da Bears made swimming pool leap famous by jumping up to the side of the pool when standing in 3 feet of water. Royer does the same think in 4 feet of water. The YouTube link is at the article link.

According to his coach Mike Williams:
He became a complete player"He put some numbers up there for college coaches to notice." ... It's his speed on defense, the way he rushes the passer off the edge. He's a competitor; he wants to be the best, and he's got that motor going all the time.

Royer has "branded" himself, making his own highlight DVDs (plural) and competing at combines since he was a freshman.

I still remember sitting at home, waiting for that first letter [from a college]. Now I get 20 letters a day.

It's getting old:
You do get tired of it. It's so stressful.

Shortlist still PSU PIT ND MSU and ORE with a choice to be made next month.

No official visits!

Penn State I've been there a bunch of times. It's close to home. It's familiar.
Pitt It's pretty cool that the Steelers are right there. Their weight room is right across the hallway from [Pitt's].
Notre Dame It's the best, nicest campus I've ever seen.
Michigan State It's almost like its own city. Everybody's got their motor scooters or bikes. It's really a nice place.
Oregon When you watch them play, it looks like it would be awesome to play there. Every player has a plasma-screen TV in his locker.

He also like ORE's connection to NIKE and the wardrobe of unis.

Royer transferred high schools in Lancaster, PA to be in an agricultural program something he's like to pursue in college.

When they're (the other students) taking an elective like music, I'm taking an ag class.

Interesting but puzzling course of study, an obvious marketing major but likes the ag field. I'm not familar with all the fields of study at each school but MSU strikes me as the closest to an Ag college of this bunch. Wasn't that there origin? I had a friend go to MSU on a football scholarship years ago and he left after one year complaining "it was too cold and the students were all football players or heifers". I should think the Mendoza School of Business would prepare him well for a future with Archer Midland Daniels where he could blend his obvious talent with his interest. Read an article the past day or two that joePA is waxing Wannie's stache in recruiting. I'll pick them as #1 with, the outlier, ORE (plasmas, unis, and greenfields) as the wildcard. Strictly reading online tea leaves.

IrishAddiction
06-28-2009, 06:22 PM
As always, thanks for the update BGIF

jason_h537
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Its funny how one of the best things Pitt has to offer is that they play near the Steelers.

irishfan
06-29-2009, 12:53 AM
from what I've heard, kid is all penn state. my buddy is from lancaster and i guess royer has always been a huge psu fan and has dreamed of playing for them, always has his facebook status as something about psu. most ppl there think hes a lock to psu. my buddy played with him in middle school and both were the same size (5'10 155 and ran around 5.0 40s) going into high school, and i guess royer apparently just exploded. says hes a nice kid, kinda awkward but good guy overall. no real info there except that psu seems to be the huge favorite

jason_h537
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Premium article, has Royer making a decision in the next 2 weeks. Still say he goes to Penn State, but a couple things he said made me optimistic. Here's hopin.

notredomer23
07-05-2009, 10:04 PM
This would be a great pickup if we got him, but I am not holding my breath

NDinL.A.
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
According to a PSU board, Dakota committed to PSU. Very expected, but this would have been a great get. Oh well, good luck kid, you got your scholly to your dream school. Congrats...

(sigh)

WabashFalcon
07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
On to EGO!

IHateMarkMay
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Kid's pretty solid, check out the video of him jumping out of a pool on youtube. Pretty awesome to watch. Good luck to him.

jason_h537
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
STUNNER!!! oh well wish him the best. Seemed like he would be a great fit at Notre Dame

AlbuquerqueIrishFan
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
It's been a day and neither Scout or Rivals has him committed to Penn St. Maybe he shouldn't be listed as a Penn St. commit just yet.

NDinL.A.
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
It's been a day and neither Scout or Rivals has him committed to Penn St. Maybe he shouldn't be listed as a Penn St. commit just yet.

Agreed. I was the one who posted that the PSU mods had said that, but I wasn't trying to post it as fact. I'm surprised that no other news came out on it yesterday. It's still a foregone conclusion IMO, but let's see if JPham can fix it when he gets a minute...

notredomer23
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
The PSU mods got that info from tharinger.com....which is the national enquierer of college football. He didnt commit though, however I do think he will choose PSU in the end

AlbuquerqueIrishFan
07-08-2009, 02:32 PM
OK, now I get to have some hope that we can still land this kid. It's only a small chance, but I'm crossing my fingers.

PADOMERNUT
07-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I know people personally who post on PSU boards, they are like gossip queens.

NDinL.A.
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM
He's announcing July 30th at his school. All signs point towards Penn State big time, but he will call all 5 of his top 5 schools to give them one more chance to pitch their schools. This one won't be a shocker...

jason_h537
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Or will it?

probably not

BGIF
07-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Or will it?

No.

jason_h537
07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
yeah i was being sarcastic.

read the whole post

WabashFalcon
07-23-2009, 01:28 AM
No.

Te he.

BGIF
07-23-2009, 01:56 AM
yeah i was being sarcastic.

read the whole post

I read the whole post.

Hence the ellipsis.

I was being definitive.

NDinL.A.
07-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Fixed the title of the thread from Penn State Verbal back to official offer. Even though it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll choose PSU, he won't make it official until the 30th...

WabashFalcon
07-28-2009, 01:30 AM
If he goes anywhere other than Penn State... I'll paint my testicles green.

IrishInFl
07-28-2009, 01:53 AM
And we'll have proof in what disturbing way?

WabashFalcon
07-28-2009, 02:16 AM
And we'll have proof in what disturbing way?

Umm... yes?

The Polish Irishman
07-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Deciding today at noon. Everyone is picking him to PSU

Easton Pa ND Fan
07-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Weakside DE
Manheim (PA) Manheim Central

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 222 lbs
Forty: 4.66 secs
Vertical: 37 inches
Shuttle: 4.33 secs

PennLive confirmed at 12:10...Tom

GO IRISH!!!
07-30-2009, 02:08 PM
If he goes anywhere other than Penn State... I'll paint my testicles green.

You mean you haven't already painted your testicles green? Why not?

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I hate Penn St.!!

irish4ever
07-31-2009, 09:06 AM
I hate Penn St.!!

I bet no more than I hate scUM .... those bastards!