PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA S Dietrich Riley (UCLA Commit)

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Safety
La Canada (CA) St. Francis

Ht: 6-1
Wt: 200
Forty: 4.47
Bench: 285
Squat: 390
Vertical: 37
Shuttle: 4.2
GPA: 2.5
TEST: SAT June 6; ACT 9/12

STATS:
'07 Rush 840 yds, 6.7 ypc, 5 TDs; Receiving 12 catches, 132 yds, 1 TD; Defense 48 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 INT
'08 Rush 1300 yds, 13 TD; Defense 50 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Int
'09 Rush 125 carries, 899 yds, 9 TDs; Receiving 29 catches, 436 yds, 5 TDs; Defense 64 tackles, 3 INTs, 6 PBUs

RANKING:
RIVALS: :s::s::s::s:, #9 Safety, Rating 5.9
SCOUT: :s::s::s::s:, #7 Safety
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #10 Safety, Grade 81

OFFERS:
USC ( camp '09)
UCLA (OV 1/8/10)
LSU (OV 1/22)
Florida
Mississippi (1/29/10)
Notre Dame (OV 10/17)
Tennessee (OV 10/3)

Alabama
ASU
Arizona
Baylor
CAL
Colorado
FSU
Michigan
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oregon
Texas
Washington

ND RECRUITER: Polian

DECISION: Week after NSD

IHateMarkMay
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I wonder if all the new safety offers means we aren't looking to good with Sean Parker... anyone?

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 02:41 PM
probably due more to more scholarships avail for 2010 compared to 2009 and the fact that 2009 only had one DB in that class.

hopefully the 2010 prospects will take notice the line ahead of them isn't nearly as long at ND some other schools, like say USC that landed 5-DBs last year alone.

Clausen2Kamara
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
We will land Riley or Parker IMO. Just too big of a need not to land one of these kids...with a good season, we'd be in good shape... With Parker being the most likely...

Ricochet
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
From everything I've heard is that he's extremely interested in ND but that it's all for not unless Weis and Co. recruit him as RB, the position he wants to play at the next level.

So IMO we can't count on him to be 1 of at least 3 Safeties needed in this recruiting class.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I think Parker is the much better safety, but like said earlier, we need as many secondary players as possible. Riley is dreaming if he thinks he is going to play RB at the next level. Every school is recruiting him as an athlete, and the state of California literally has at least 10 guys who are going to go to major schools as rbs.

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Most major programs to have offered, Oklahoma, USC, etc., see him as a safety, bur he definitely wants to at least be given a shot at Running Back. wouldn't be surprised if say a school like... oh i don't know... Stanford, promises him a RB position just to get him to commit. As for Parker, he will definitely be a kid who takes his recruitment late into the year.

jason_h537
05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Mr Polian stopped by to see Dietich and must have done quite a sales job. Riley has not named a short list yet, but says ND will definitely be on it. Riley also plans on taking an Official out to South Bend next season. This is someone who will most likeley take his recruitment all the way to signing day so maybe Notre Dame can steal one.

BGIF
05-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Another great article (FREEBIE) on ISD by Wiltfong

Riley Remains High On Notre Dame - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=386&category_id=7&Itemid=156)

He's been hiitting the weight room since this thread was started and is up to 200 pounds.
That's playing weight for a Div 1 Safety. Something Polian has likely pointed out.

... they’re (ND) planning to sign 3 safeties, and that one out of those 3 safeties that competes the hardest and comes in ready to play, they’re going to have a great chance to see the field as a true freshman, and that’s my plan. I don’t plan on red-shirting or anything.

Polian is also stressing Special Teams play something Riley excels at. ND, OU, and UTN are recruiting him as a Safety. USC likes him as an Athlete, RB/S/WR. The others are recruiting him as a RB. He's been to USC and UCLA and went to UTN a year ago. Had planned to visit ND this spring but had a death in the family. Planning on taking the SATs then visiting ND in early summer.

More at the LINK

jason_h537
05-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Great link, i really like this kid

BGIF
05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Great link, i really like this kid

Doesn't sound from that article that Riley's hung up on playing TB. The "I wanna carry the rock 30 times a game" guys don't get excited about the chance to play ST. This is a kid that wants to play.

jason_h537
05-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah Rivals had a premium article where he said something to the effect of most of the big programs want him to play safety so if thats what it takes to get to the next level, hes all for it

jason_h537
06-17-2009, 10:44 PM
is currently making the rounds in the pac 10. says he wants to visit ND in the summer, but not sure if he can. Says that the Irish will definitely get an official though,
"I hear so many great things about their university and I cannot pass up a huge opportunity to go up there,"

WabashFalcon
06-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I like it.

BGIF
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
7/28 Per Biggins ESPN

There isn't a more versatile player out West than Dietrich Riley CA La Canada St. Francis. Riley, a natural safety, has stood out at every camp he has attended this year. He worked out with the running backs, receivers and DBs at the SoCal NIKE Camp and lead NIKE Camp RB coach Jake Campbell called him the best back he worked out at any camp this year. At the USC Rising Stars Camp, he took reps at both safety and corner and has the size, athleticism and talent to play any of the four positions at the college level. Riley has long been thought to be a heavy USC lean with much speculation that he could even be a 'silent commitment' at this time. "I like USC but I haven't committed anywhere. There were rumors that I committed to USC and to Tennessee and neither are true. I honestly don't know where people get their information but I had all these people on Facebook asking me about that and it's just not true. "I want to take all my trips but I don't have any dates set right now. I know I'll visit Notre Dame and Tennessee but I don't know what other schools I'll visit after that."

BGIF
07-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Riley sounds a lot like ND's Jeff Burris who intercepted 10 passes as a Safety and scored 10 TDs as the TB in Holtz's Full House Backfield.

texas fighting irish
07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I really hope that we can land riley i think anyone we can get out of u$c own backyard is a plus for us. i heard martin and badger are talking to riley that should help out alot..

jason_h537
07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Riley is the very definition of Athlete. Kid can play any number of positions and because he is so new to the secondary that his room to grow is tremendous. Parker is a better Safety right now and would love to get him as well but Riley might end up being the better player 2-3 years from now.

NDinNM
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Riley is the very definition of Athlete. Kid can play any number of positions and because he is so new to the secondary that his room to grow is tremendous. Parker is a better Safety right now and would love to get him as well but Riley might end up being the better player 2-3 years from now.

Really? You think so? What puts him behind Parker... just technique? or something else

jason_h537
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Parker is a true safety and while Riley has barely started playing safety over summer at camps and other events

texas fighting irish
08-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Did he camp at u$c? Is he setting up a visit to Notre Dame

jason_h537
08-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes he did camp at USC and has been considered a heavy USC lean but has publicle stated that Notre Dame and Tennessee will get visits.

texas fighting irish
08-02-2009, 12:17 AM
When he going to visit Notre Dame is it for the u$c game

BGIF
08-03-2009, 11:15 PM
When he going to visit Notre Dame is it for the u$c game

As of 7/28, he had no dates set for visits.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010-recruiting-profiles/42084-10-ca-s-dietrich-riley-official-offer.html#post296801

BGIF
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Seminoles offer ATH Riley - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4393294&name=West_Recruiting)

per Greg Biggins ESPN 8/12

Florida State just offered me Sunday. It was kind of unexpected because I hadn't heard a lot from them but I'm definitely interested and wanted to take a trip out there. I know Florida State used to be one of the top teams in the country but they have struggled lately. They need some speed and I think I could bring that to them

Riley covets an offer from OSU and will visit if they offer.

I'm waiting on Ohio State.They're really high on my list and I heard they could be close to offering. If they offer, I'm definitely going to visit there and that's when I'll start to set up my other trips too so right now, I'm just being patient and waiting things out

He'll be visiting USC and UCLA preseason practices. He hopes to schedule officials before summer ends.

WabashFalcon
08-12-2009, 09:39 PM
No need to see OSU. Howzabout he comes over and chill's with Cierre and the other Cali boys?

jason_h537
08-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Dietrich has been to USC several times to wtach them practice and believes that PT is not an issue. He has been a USClean for a while so this could be bad news for us

NDinL.A.
08-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Per ISD, Riley has set up his OV for.....wait for it..........USC!!!! Crazy right? I think the number of recruits going to the USC game is at 1,649, but I may be shorting that number a bit, so don't quote me on it. He hasn't set any other visits yet, but he will. The one thing I liked is that he said he wants to see things such as the atmosphere, classrooms, the entire campus, etc, and that he doesn't care about going out or anything like that. He's taking it like a business trip, b/c it's where he'll spend the next 4-5 years. Now, doesn't mean he's coming to ND...he's going to go to a lot of places, and he'll visit USC and UCLA on his own dime. But he'll visit us, so it's a good thing. And he's very good friends with Dayne Crist...

WabashFalcon
08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Fuck... we have to win the U$C game now. If we get blown out... we are in deep, deep, deep, DEEP crap.

ant80
08-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Fuck... we have to win the U$C game now. If we get blown out... we are in deep, deep, deep, DEEP crap.

Weis has recruited well over the past few of years. If you're in deep crap, it'll be because of coaching, not because of the recruiting. Enough with these sky is falling posts.

NDinL.A.
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Weis has recruited well over the past few of years. If you're in deep crap, it'll be because of coaching, not because of the recruiting. Enough with these sky is falling posts.

No, he's absolutely right. If we get blown out by USC, CW's job will be in MAJOR jeopardy, if not lost, and we will be in deep crap. Why? Because this year more than ever, recruits are looking to see if ND will win, and if CW will be the coach. ND loses, not only does it lose its coach but most likely many, many major recruits. A blowout loss to a USC team with a freshman QB in SB with a team many expect to be very good, would absolutely be disastrous...

ant80
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
No, he's absolutely right. If we get blown out by USC, CW's job will be in MAJOR jeopardy, if not lost, and we will be in deep crap. Why? Because this year more than ever, recruits are looking to see if ND will win, and if CW will be the coach. ND loses, not only does it lose its coach but most likely many, many major recruits. A blowout loss to a USC team with a freshman QB in SB with a team many expect to be very good, would absolutely be disastrous...

Your point is well taken. However, even if you guys do get blown out, you have 3 years of good recruits. Sure, some recruits might decommit from the 2010 class, but you've got to believe that a majority of them will stay. On top of that, the talent level is pretty good. Much better than where Ty Willingham left you guys. If not Charlie, then the next coach will have a enough talent to put up a few good seasons... provided of course, that he can coach well. That was my entire point.

BGIF
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Profile updated

NDinL.A.
09-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Was at the USC/WSU game last night...

jason_h537
09-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Read that he will be at the USC game with us as well but nothing confirmed

BGIF
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

He's already scheduled dates with Tennessee (vs. Auburn), Notre Dame (vs. USC) and USC (postseason).

Other schools including Washington, UCLA, California, Florida State, Oklahoma, Arizona, LSU, Arizona State and Michigan have also offered.

JefMaj
10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to start a website listing which players (that are worth a damn) that aren't going to the USC-ND game?

The Polish Irishman
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Per ESPN:

Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4576449&name=West_Recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4576449%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

Good news, but still has a few visits to go. Would be great to get him and Shaw.

BDIrish4ever
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
I love the fact he is taking his mother with him next time. That always works out well for us!!

JefMaj
10-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a neat kid on the recruit sites. We could use him. Welcome back for his unofficial - hope mom loves the place as much as we do.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Good article. Lets get mom on campus and see what happens. Go Irish!

texas fighting irish
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Do we have a date when he and his mom are coming back to south bend?

mbeckha
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Per ESPN:

Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4576449&name=West_Recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4576449%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

Good news, but still has a few visits to go. Would be great to get him and Shaw.

I predict this kid is irish when its all said and done.

TinyT
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm really surprised he didn't bring his mom on his official visit. That would have been a more economical decision right?

jason_h537
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow great find Polish. I thought this kid was all USC. Interesting to read about how other coaches bashed us. This guy has huge upside. Landing him and Parker would really be something

NDisme
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I have to say would take Riley and parker over a guy like prater anyday

IrishAddiction
10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
From the sounds of things, this kid really has the ND attitude. Seemed to really enjoy the visit..... lets pull another one away from the poodle. That guy is such a douche.

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Early on the guys at Rivals felt that if we got him on campus we could make an impact but recently he just seemes to be really leaning USC. Hopefully he makes that 2nd trip

JefMaj
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
ISD

Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Nice find JeffMaj

irishfan
10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
"A lot of college coaches have been telling me negative things about it, saying Notre Dame was in the middle of nowhere..."

Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4576449&name=West_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4576449%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

gotta love the negative recruiting

mbeckha
10-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4576449&name=West_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4576449%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

gotta love the negative recruiting

You might be a little late on this, but Im predicting from my source that he is all Irish.

BGIF
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
You might be a little late on this, but Im predicting from my source that he is all Irish.

Wow, you have a source! You didn't mention that with your 10/19 prediction.

Should we add "(Notre Dame Verbal)" to Riley's thread?

irishfan
10-23-2009, 06:58 PM

ya just pointing out the negative recruiting. always find that stuff kinda funny

mbeckha
10-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I would wait until it comes out of is mouth. You can if you want though, but just like everything else a kid can change his mind.

SoCalDomer
10-23-2009, 09:33 PM

:rofl:

you're gonna need to 2-pints to refill your sarcasm count after than one.

phork
10-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Ahh yes, the infamous "source", tempered with the even more infamous "a kid can change his mind". Consider your bases covered.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Ahh yes, the infamous "source", tempered with the even more infamous "a kid can change his mind". Consider your bases covered.

LOL.

I never considered him as a real option but hearing him after the game he could be. You tend to hear those comments like "as soon as i got on campus" or "there was just something special", seems like he had that moment. I also like hearing that he let the students throw him up for the pushups.

If he really does come back i have a feeling he comes on board. Him and Parker could make a dangerous duo.

Domer4ever
10-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Deleted.

Check your Private Messages, Domer4ever

Domer4ever
10-25-2009, 05:46 AM
My apologies about the inapropriate Pete Carroll comment, but again, I hope guys like Riley are taking note of the problems we are having in the secondary and are seeing the possability of immidiate playing time in Notre Dame.

irishfan
10-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Tweet from UCLA player's account uses racial epithet for Norm Chow -- latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucla-carroll-chow25-2009oct25,0,2234103.story)

tweet from UCLA player to Riley...

Dacian_Irish
10-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Tweet from UCLA player's account uses racial epithet for Norm Chow -- latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucla-carroll-chow25-2009oct25,0,2234103.story)

tweet from UCLA player to Riley...

That is unacceptable! I think he should be suspended for the season! Its one thing to be upset with your coach and tweet your frustration but to use racial comments is unacceptable! It is bullshit!

jason_h537
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
What a douche

phork
10-25-2009, 10:23 PM
"I was frustrated, tired of losing," Carroll said Saturday after UCLA's 27-13 loss to Arizona. "I wasn't trying disrespect Norm Chow in any way. . . . He was one of the reasons I came here. I was just saying I didn't feel like he trusted us, because we are such a young bunch. I wasn't downgrading his coaching."

Fill in the blank I guess. Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. YukYuk.

Carroll also was among four UCLA players suspended for the Kansas State game for violating unspecified team rules.

I'm guessing this kid is on his way to a JuCo very shortly.

BCSorBust
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
That is unacceptable! I think he should be suspended for the season! Its one thing to be upset with your coach and tweet your frustration but to use racial comments is unacceptable! It is bullshit!

So when someone uses inappropriate racial terms in speaking negatively about someone it is unacceptable but when Bob Greise uses an obviously bigoted, ignorant comment it's just a joke and no big deal . . .

NDinL.A.
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
This is Riley's thread. If you want to talk about what another kid said, go ahead and start a new thread on that. No problem with that.

Let's keep the discussion on this thread to the recruit...

BGIF
10-28-2009, 08:38 AM
10/27 Per Greg Biggins Dietrich Riley has been selected for the UA AA game Jan 2.

Riley has taken official visits to UTN adn ND and has officials scheduled for 11/28 at UF and 12/13 at USC.

I still haven't decided on a fifth visit yet. I'm looking at UCLA, Cal, Washington or Michigan for that last visit and I'll be taking it after the season is over, so I'm not in a super big rush to set it. I'm just going to take my time and figure it out later.

JefMaj
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Could you see the them start to turn people away if we get too loaded up too early? He's a great, great, catch... however, by my count we may have 8 - 9 slots available. I can't believe a Beau Allen (3 Star) doesn't jump quick and some others. Nix, Barr, Allen, Riggs, Cooper... and you now have 3 -4 spots left. When does panic set in?

irishfan
10-28-2009, 12:28 PM
This is Riley's thread. If you want to talk about what another kid said, go ahead and start a new thread on that. No problem with that.

Let's keep the discussion on this thread to the recruit...

My bad. I was hoping it would more imply that maybe he'll not want to be as involved with UCLA if this ever became a big deal in the media. Prolly shoulda wrote that after I put the link up lol

WabashFalcon
10-28-2009, 12:51 PM
10/27 Per Greg Biggins Dietrich Riley has been selected for the UA AA game Jan 2.

Riley has taken official visits to UTN adn ND and has officials scheduled for 11/28 at UF and 12/13 at USC.

And... he just dropped 100 spots in ESPN Recruit Ranks.

jason_h537
10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
And... he just dropped 100 spots in ESPN Recruit Ranks.

You mean risen. ESON sponsers the UA All American game

jason_h537
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Could you see the them start to turn people away if we get too loaded up too early? He's a great, great, catch... however, by my count we may have 8 - 9 slots available. I can't believe a Beau Allen (3 Star) doesn't jump quick and some others. Nix, Barr, Allen, Riggs, Cooper... and you now have 3 -4 spots left. When does panic set in?

Riley plays a position of need. He is not someone you run away

IrishInFl
10-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Deleted!

This is Riley's Profile Thread post discussion pertaining to Riley's recruitment here.

Take the general discussion about who's left on the board, how many slots, San Antonio recruiting, etc, elsewhere. If you don't find an existing thread that fits then start a new one. IF you post it here or in other individual recruiting profiles they will likewise be deleted.
a spot?

GoIrish41
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Deleted!

This is Riley's Profile Thread post discussion pertaining to Riley's recruitment here.

Take the general discussion about who's left on the board, how many slots, San Antonio recruiting, etc, elsewhere. If you don't find an existing thread that fits then start a new one. IF you post it here or in other individual recruiting profiles they will likewise be deleted.

chyrspchuck
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Deleted!

JefMaj
10-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Deleted!

IrishInFl
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Deleted!

BGIF
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Note Well:

WabashFalcon
10-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Speaking of which... better odds of landing Riley or Riggs at this stage of the recruitment?

JefMaj
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
My feeling is Riley.... Riggs seems to be leaning Florida.

t3hjc
10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Riley.

jason_h537
10-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Riley all though he is still an uphill battle. If he does come back with his mother than i say he is ours

JefMaj
10-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Isn't Riley still on the board and wouldn't he have to fit within an available slot? Don't know what was said as many were deleted so it's hard to figure out what was wrongly said. Sort of like my ex-marriage - married 20 years, 30 years with wind-chill factor and often didn't know what was supposedly said that created problems, bitching, or over-reaction. Nonetheless - hope Riley comes off the board into the Notre dame family and takes one of the shrinking number of available slots.

Just saying, then again I don't portend myself as being an expert in ALL things ND.

TinyT
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Just read on Rockne's Roundtable, a quick shot from Jason Sapp, that Weis told Riley he would be back at Notre Dame no matter what. What do you think that would mean? We don't know Weis as the type who would lie to anyone, what does he know?

The Polish Irishman
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Just read on Rockne's Roundtable, a quick shot from Jason Sapp, that Weis told Riley he would be back at Notre Dame no matter what. What do you think that would mean? We don't know Weis as the type who would lie to anyone, what does he know?

Who knows if Weis really said this or not. He may have said this, but when did he say it. Before the loss to Navy?

Polish Leppy 22
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
head scratcher

NDisme
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
People on the other boards are saying weis said he is going full steam ahead with recruiting after stanford. just saying

jason_h537
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
For some positive news.

It appears Riley is still very much interested in ND. He e-mailed Polian to make sure he still had an offer. Polian vitied Riley to let him know that ND still wants him and that the new staff would take him

OCIrish
12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
For some positive news.

It appears Riley is still very much interested in ND. He e-mailed Polian to make sure he still had an offer. Polian vitied Riley to let him know that ND still wants him and that the new staff would take him

So, who's the new staff?

BGIF
12-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Riley changes official visit
Per Greg Biggins ESPN 12/22

Athlete Dietrich Riley was set to officially visit UCLA (Jan. 15) but will now visit USC that weekend instead. "That's a big weekend for SC and I know basically every player visiting so it seemed like a good weekend to visit. I'll probably move the visit to UCLA to (Jan. 8) or maybe (Jan. 22), I'm not sure though, I haven't locked it in yet. I'm still talking with Florida as well about visiting but I haven't heard from them in awhile. Josh Shaw told me they still want me and are hoping to get me out for a visit but I really like the two local schools right now."
"I think the two biggest factors for me will be where I feel the most comfortable and who's recruiting me the hardest. That shows me who really wants me and that's important. I've been to USC so many times and know everyone there so that's big.
"UCLA and Coach (Rick) Neuheisal specifically are recruiting me the hardest right now. He's showing me a lot of love and I like him a lot. I know some of their players but not as many as I do at SC. I'm getting more comfortable with UCLA though and have been up there a lot lately. It's going to be a super tough decision for me and I don't think I'll be ready to decide anything until close to Signing Day. My trips and home visits will be pretty crucial for sure."

Maddog77
12-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Per ISD, ND is doing everything in their power to try to get him on the phone.

BGIF
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM

Kelly could earn some recruiting bones with a win here.

Rizzophil
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
This is the one defensive backfield player I wanted in the whole cycle. I personally don't see him going anywhere but U$C or UCLA. Just my opinion.

SoJerseyIrish
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Translation......he's just not that into you......

WabashFalcon
12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Translation: He's busy with a gargling Song Girl right now.

BGIF
12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
This is the one defensive backfield player I wanted in the whole cycle. I personally don't see him going anywhere but U$C or UCLA. Just my opinion.

You not alone.

jason_h537
12-23-2009, 07:07 PM

Rivals is saying the exact opposite. Riley has been waiting to hear from the staff

Rizzophil
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
It seems like there are lots of teasers going around the Riley wants to make sure the staff wants him, he still has an actionable offer, etc. I just personally don't see him leaving. Hope I'm wrong.

peredonov
12-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Guys,

Rivals, Scout, et al lie, lie, lie... They will write whatever they have to and twist things to sell subscriptions.

BearGB
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry, I don't have anything to report... But, there is an article on ISD, and I just wanted to know if anyone has a membership, so they can see if he said anything telling.

Maddog77
12-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I don't have anything to report... But, there is an article on ISD, and I just wanted to know if anyone has a membership, so they can see if he said anything telling.

Per the article in ISD, he said he is expecting an in home visit with BK soon and has alot of people hyping him on ND. He still has visits scheduled with Florida(Jan 9th) and USC(Jan 16th). He has four favorites at the moment and he brought four different shirts to wear while he is at the Under Armour game, including a ND shirt.

JefMaj
12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I read the same thing - 4 different school's gear...

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-30-2009, 04:14 PM
All I want for New Years is a Riley commit! He is a freakish athlete, and I want him in the blue and gold!!!!!

The Polish Irishman
12-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Will be a trojan...according to ISD, he was overheard trying to get Luc to commit to U$C

IrishInFl
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Will be a trojan...according to ISD, he was overheard trying to get Luc to commit to U$C

He's trying to get a solid FSU verbal to USC?

NDinL.A.
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
The ISD guys all think he's already a USC verbal. He's been walking around in SC gear all week, talking to all the SC commits/recruits, changed his cell phone so ND can't contact him anymore (despite trying every single avenue imaginable), and even his H.S. coach won't return their calls (which is stupid if true because as a h.s. coach you don't do that to universities). This ship has sailed. Another safety lost to University of Safety California...

Maddog77
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
I think this makes Corey Cooper that much more important to us.

SoJerseyIrish
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I know he is a Board Favorite of many but he is somewhat one dimensional IMO, I don't think he has shown much in terms of coverage.....I liked the kid but thought he would be a liability in coverage at the next level. Wish him well.....time to move on.

JefMaj
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
See: Bush/Carroll/Lake threads (O.J. Mayo, McKnight)... imo: it's a matter of time... the new recruits suffer the for the sins of the past.

TDHeysus
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM
The ISD guys all think he's already a USC verbal. He's been walking around in SC gear all week, talking to all the SC commits/recruits, changed his cell phone so ND can't contact him anymore (despite trying every single avenue imaginable), and even his H.S. coach won't return their calls (which is stupid if true because as a h.s. coach you don't do that to universities). This ship has sailed. Another safety lost to University of Safety California...

the USC ppl I know, have been saying for quite some time(at least 2 months)....he is fully on board with SC. Rock Solid

Riley and Woods are virtually locked-in at USC, and have been for quite some time.

Big23Head
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Made a surprise visit to UCLA

Riley makes surprise visit to UCLA - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4815754&name=West_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4815754%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

jason_h537
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
The guys at Rivals think UCLA is the team to beat now

Domer4ever
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
If this is true, then he has been looking to stay out west all along and his bit about wanting to return to ND with his mother was lip speak. I cant blame him for wanting to stay close to home, but he has a legit shot at starting as a freshman at Notre Dame. I hope Kelly/Martin can get in touch with him and pitch him on Notre Dame.

jason_h537
01-11-2010, 05:22 PM
If this is true, then he has been looking to stay out west all along and his bit about wanting to return to ND with his mother was lip speak. I cant blame him for wanting to stay close to home, but he has a legit shot at starting as a freshman at Notre Dame. I hope Kelly/Martin can get in touch with him and pitch him on Notre Dame.

Using Rivals again he really did like Notre Dame and loved the chance at early playing time but the distance is an issue and he was really cool with Polian and Corwin. He will ghive Kelly a shot to sway him but i would say we are 3rd on his list from everything i jave read

jonesman
01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Move On!!! This kids is NOT coming to South Bend. He is going to be a Cali kid. He does not want to move far.

jason_h537
01-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Kelly's tour will make a stop in CA on wednesday to visit Riley and Utupo. There are conflicting reports on whether or not this will be Riley's first time talking to Kelly.

FightingIrishLover7
01-18-2010, 11:46 PM
This would be a huge pick up, if Kelly were to pull this off.

Dietrich needs to realize with hardwork he could some what easily become a starter or at least a significant contributor to the defense.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Dietrich Riley sounds like a striker playing for Celtic. Hence, he should come play for the Irish. Throwing the kitchen sink in trying to believe we can get this amazing athlete.

vernfootball1
01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Just saw this on his twitter dont know why i was on, He is down to Oklahoma, Ucla, and Notre Dame, so i dont know what happening but this is what i saw but take it fwiw

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
01-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Hopefully he'll narrow it down to just ND in the near future. Go Irish!

Rizzophil
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
I still think he goes to USC or UCLA...

NDinL.A.
01-19-2010, 11:09 PM
He has soured big time on SC since Carroll left/Kitten was hired. I'm not sure that Kitten is showing him enough love. Whatever it is, what was once a sure thing to USC (many thought he was already a silent; he was recruiting guys to SC at the all-star game) is now on the block again. Being that this is recruiting, I wouldn't be surprised if SC showed him some love again that he'd commit to them (again). If he's willing to leave home, I'd say ND has the best shot. But if he wants to stay close to home, with UCLA showing him enough love I think he'll be a Bruin...

Big23Head
01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
From the beginning I have been confused by Riley and I truly believe he has no idea now that PC left. He was SC til PC left. Yet he has made comments in interviews about being disappointed UF moved on because he really wanted to play with Shaw. Last weekend he blew off USC and went to UCLA. He also says he will not decide until after his LSU visit, which is good for him. I truly think his head may be swirling right now. All in all I hope Kelly has an amazing visit and he brings his mom to South Bend next week...I can hope...

WabashFalcon
01-20-2010, 09:59 AM
From the beginning I have been confused by Riley and I truly believe he has no idea now that PC left. He was SC til PC left. Yet he has made comments in interviews about being disappointed UF moved on because he really wanted to play with Shaw. Last weekend he blew off USC and went to UCLA. He also says he will not decide until after his LSU visit, which is good for him. I truly think his head may be swirling right now. All in all I hope Kelly has an amazing visit and he brings his mom to South Bend next week...I can hope...

Psshh... He's just going to skip college and sign with the Seahawks, right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?

BGIF
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
...All in all I hope Kelly has an amazing visit and he brings his mom to South Bend next week...I can hope...

With all the rain and mudslides La Canada is getting (weatherchannel feature the past couple of days) mom may want to stay in South Bend.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
La Canada-Flintridge was evacuated today so he might as well just relocate to South Bend to avoid these "devastating storms."

vernfootball1
01-21-2010, 06:06 PM
per isd his status on facebook is "In home visit went GREAT with Coach Kelly!!!"

Tate the Great
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
per isd his status on facebook is "In home visit went GREAT with Coach Kelly!!!"

Yeah, it also says he is going to visit LSU tomorrow

irishandy
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM

It seems like all of thise "home visits" go great with coach Kelly, I am not getting my hopes up until he signs the LOI.

Big23Head
01-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Kelly made a new pitch to Riley. He approached him saying he wanted him to play RB/WR for ND. Seems to have made an impact on Riley. If he wants to play offense we are the only team offering him this way that I know of.

fitz_bu47
01-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Just read the article on Rivals, and while it did seem to help us, I think he stays out there with UCLA or USC from his comments.

Big23Head
01-22-2010, 10:13 AM
I have to agree with you, but I think if there was any chance of getting him out of the Pac-10 Kelly made the best effort.

IrishinSyria
01-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Kelly made a new pitch to Riley. He approached him saying he wanted him to play RB/WR for ND. Seems to have made an impact on Riley. If he wants to play offense we are the only team offering him this way that I know of.

wait, really? Are we recruiting anyone at defense??

Big23Head
01-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes really. At Safety I am assuming you mean. Jeremy Ioane and Corey Cooper would be it. Unless they think Spond could lean up to a safety size.

IrishinSyria
01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes really. At Safety I am assuming you mean. Jeremy Ioane and Corey Cooper would be it. Unless they think Spond could lean up to a safety size.

I know I know. But still...everytime I hear we offer another elite athlete the chance to play offense I flinch. It seems (and I know this isn't true) that anytime Kelly sits down with a great athlete he gets a vision in his head of the mismatches he'll cause in the slot and ends up telling him he'll play O.

irish4ever
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
wait, really? Are we recruiting anyone at defense??

Uh, yeah! 9 current commits are "D" and more in the hunt .... Gaston, Jones, Bradley, etc..

johnnykillz
01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I know I know. But still...everytime I hear we offer another elite athlete the chance to play offense I flinch. It seems (and I know this isn't true) that anytime Kelly sits down with a great athlete he gets a vision in his head of the mismatches he'll cause in the slot and ends up telling him he'll play O.

Forgive the man for his drive. Offense is his forte'.

We are setting up a good looking defense although, and his other staff members will be salivating at the opportunity to get some RKG's on the other side of the ball ready to hand out a snot bubble to a kid coming across the middle. I personally look forward to seeing some good coverage havoc. I think Kelly will let many kids get some reps in slot and wide out positions. From this perspective, a defensive minded kid grasps situational awareness that translates on the other side of the ball to being at the right place at the right time.

BGIF
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
4 ND assistant coaches attended Riley's basketball game Wednesday night.

IrishInFl
01-22-2010, 12:41 PM
4 ND assistant coaches attended Riley's basketball game Wednesday night.

Not exactly UT "hostesses" holding come to Tennessee banners, eh?

IrishAddiction
01-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Its better than Kiffins sluts...... its shows class. Something Kiffin, for all intents and purposes, has never shown. That guy just screams USC. Wonder how many arrests he will have in his first year there.....

Four of our coaches going out to see him is a big sign fellas...... this kid can play, and ND is showing how much we want him by giving him a message like this.

BearGB
01-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow! Yes!!

WabashFalcon
01-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Had a good visit according to his facebook.

jason_h537
01-25-2010, 02:42 PM
So he is a running back now? We need more of those right? Just coach up those safeties

FightingIrishLover7
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Come on Dietrich... ND needs a safety.. You can move up the depth chart quickly.

BGIF
01-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Some confusion between Scout and Rivals on his OVs.

Scout has him visiting Mississippi this weekend but according to Rivals he's already had 5 OVs. They list one for Southern Cal on 1/15 while Scout shows no official to the Trojans.

NDinL.A.
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Some confusion between Scout and Rivals on his OVs.

Scout has him visiting Mississippi this weekend but according to Rivals he's already had 5 OVs. They list one for Southern Cal on 1/15 while Scout shows no official to the Trojans.

ISD confirmed that he's visiting Ole Miss (Wiltfong confirmed it himself w Riley)...

Big23Head
01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Also delaying his announcement to the week after NSD. Believe he is going to visit USC again after Ole Miss. He's USC or UCLA IMO

I Dont Miss Charlie
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Also delaying his announcement to the week after NSD. Believe he is going to visit USC again after Ole Miss. He's USC or UCLA IMO

Hes probably going to be UCLA after NSD, USC is targeting between 5-7 safeties already for Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 defense. I am pretty sure Kiffin isnt going to have a spot available for DCuatro after NSD.

BearGB
01-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I think people will like reading this. I think it sounds very positive...

"I loved coach Kelly," Riley told Biggins. He took an official visit to South Bend during the fall for the USC game. "I like the energy. Very personable guy. My family liked him. I like the direction he's going to take the program."

Kelly also told Riley he'd like to see him play on the offensive side of the ball. Ole Miss is saying the same thing. As a senior Riley had 64 tackles, three interceptions and six passes broken up. On offense, he had 125 carries for 899 yards and nine touchdowns, while adding 29 receptions for 436 yards and five more scores. He sat out the second half of many contests because of blow-outs victories.

"I'm very interested in and intrigued about the idea of playing offense in college, running back or receiver," Riley said. "That was always kind of my first love, playing offense in college."

It's from an NBC Sports article, maybe some of you had already read it, but I had not. I like that last line - it makes me think Kelly played a very smart card.

Link: NBC Sports - College Football - Inside the Irish (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2010/01/blue-chipper-riley-gives-kelly-glowing-endorsement.html.php)

FightingIrishLover7
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I think people will like reading this. I think it sounds very positive...

"I loved coach Kelly," Riley told Biggins. He took an official visit to South Bend during the fall for the USC game. "I like the energy. Very personable guy. My family liked him. I like the direction he's going to take the program."

Kelly also told Riley he'd like to see him play on the offensive side of the ball. Ole Miss is saying the same thing. As a senior Riley had 64 tackles, three interceptions and six passes broken up. On offense, he had 125 carries for 899 yards and nine touchdowns, while adding 29 receptions for 436 yards and five more scores. He sat out the second half of many contests because of blow-outs victories.

"I'm very interested in and intrigued about the idea of playing offense in college, running back or receiver," Riley said. "That was always kind of my first love, playing offense in college."

It's from an NBC Sports article, maybe some of you had already read it, but I had not. I like that last line - it makes me think Kelly played a very smart card.

Link: NBC Sports - College Football - Inside the Irish (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2010/01/blue-chipper-riley-gives-kelly-glowing-endorsement.html.php)

Sounds like he liked Kelly's pitch... But why wouldn't he want to be a safety at ND?... He has an easy course to pass people on the short depth chart. RBs and WRs are pretty deep.... But I don't really care where he plays, The more important thing is locking this kid up asap!

WeisWeisBaby
01-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, if we don't get this kid I'm going to be so upset

irishandy
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Wow, kinda shocked that Kelly would want him to play offense, glad to hear the visit went well.

BGIF
01-28-2010, 01:16 AM
HIGH SCHOOLS: Riley still undecided on college choice - Pasadena Star-News (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_14275809)

By Miguel A. Melendez, Pasadena News Staff Writer

1/26

The article mentions Kelly and assistants catching Riley's basketball game last week. After the game Kelly spent an hour talking with Riley's mother about the benefits of the ND Alumni Association, etc. Riley trips to MISS this weekend and may make an official to Southern Cal before NSD. Southern Cal offered Riley when he was a sophomore.

BGIF
01-28-2010, 01:32 AM
That writer notes, Riley still is stinging from Florida giving him the silent treatment, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel that quoted Riley saying: "I don't really know what the deal is but they haven't been in contact with me ... since before the Army game. It seems that once they got their safety Matt Elam, that's the last I heard from them."

Interesting domino fell in Gainsville on Wednesday when the Gators dropped 5 Star Safety Demar Dorsey.

Florida Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=57&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d57%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

Florida drops five-star defensive back Demar Dorsey off pledge list
ESPNU 150 safety Demar Dorsey of Boyd Anderson (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) is no longer being sought by the Gators and no longer considered a commitment. The 6-foot-1, 180-pound Dorsey, considered the No. 2 safety prospect in the Class of 2010, has long been pledged to the Gators, but still looking at other programs. He has recently expressed interest in Florida State, Southern California, Michigan and Tennessee. Dorsey visited the Seminoles, Wolverines and Vols, and has scheduled an official visit with the Trojans. He was interested in USC under Pete Carroll and recruited by the current staff when it was at Tennessee.

Does UF open up for Riley now or does Dorsey take his spot at Southern Cal.

I Dont Miss Charlie
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
That writer notes,

Interesting domino fell in Gainsville on Wednesday when the Gators dropped 5 Star Safety Demar Dorsey.

Florida Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=57&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d57%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

Does UF open up for Riley now or does Dorsey take his spot at Southern Cal.

UF doesn't need anymore safeties. They dropped Dorsey because Dorsey was going to decommit and head to FSU on NSD, its been rumored for weeks since Elam switched back to Florida.

I think USC is going to take Sean Parker instead, most "insiders' say hes going to USC.

chyrspchuck
01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
anymore news on Riley, he isn't visiting this weekend is he?

WabashFalcon
01-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Not for a weekend visit as of yet.

BGIF
01-29-2010, 02:08 AM
anymore news on Riley, he isn't visiting this weekend is he?

According to Greg Biggins ESPN:
He said earlier in the week he would visit Ole Miss, but then said he had yet to set up anything and would likely visit USC instead on Tuesday night.<!-- end free preview text -->

Big23Head
01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Scout is now showing Riley's visit as scheduled for today for USC and Ole Miss, sooooo ??

robertjtucker
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Mon said he went to USC for visit and not OLEMISS

HIGH SCHOOL NOTEBOOK: Riley will use TV to announce decision - Pasadena Star-News (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/ci_14291751)

Also says he likes UCLA but doesn't mean he will play there. Announcing on ESPNU Wednesday

robertjtucker
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Announcing Wednesday on ESPNU. Said he was visiting USC for last official

St. Francis High School's Dietrich Riley on Thursday said UCLA was at the top of his list, but emphasized it's not necessarily where he'll sign to play football next season. The announcement will come next week on ESPNU.

HIGH SCHOOL NOTEBOOK: Riley will use TV to announce decision - Pasadena Star-News (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/ci_14291751)

FightingIrishLover7
01-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Any news on Riley? I haven't been able to find out anything new.

This kid is a huge necessity to the team in my opinion. We need a lights out safety.

I think his commitment is as important as Matt James and Seantrel Henderson's.

NDinL.A.
01-31-2010, 08:01 PM
He's not coming to ND. Was intrigued by ND, very impressed w/ Kelly, but seems to want to stay home. It's USC or UCLA; hoping it's UCLA...

FightingIrishLover7
01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
He's not coming to ND. Was intrigued by ND, very impressed w/ Kelly, but seems to want to stay home. It's USC or UCLA; hoping it's UCLA...

Thanks.. Im sorry to hear he doesn't want to come to ND, but we really could use him.
Here's to hoping he goes to UCLA too.

WabashFalcon
01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Kinda wish we didn't have to watch a BBall game and had our coaches in to counter the visit for Leuders from Stanford...

phork
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Leuders was gone regardless, imo.

IrishAddiction
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Come on UCLA! Never really figured this kid for a ND guy, figured he would stay out west. USC going to be on NCAA sanctions shortly, and the fact that they hired a freaking idiot to coach their team....... i would hope this kid can see UCLA is the place to be. Unless he doesnt want to attend classes. Then by far it should be USC.

irish4ever
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
USC going to be on NCAA sanctions shortly,

I sure wouldn't 'bet the barn' on that one ... those sneaky snake bastards have ways of skirting around the real issues at hand!

Mattmags
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
When is Riley announcing?

IrishAddiction
02-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Not that it matters, b/c the dude is down to USC and UCLA, he is announcing at 430 today according to ISD.

jason_h537
02-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Still a part of that hopes he will pull an ND hat out but oh well. It better be UCLA!!!!!!!

Big23Head
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
UCLA per ESPN

FightingIrishLover7
02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Thank God he is going to UCLA... I would tolerate him going to the cheaters at USC.

TDHeysus
02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
another victory for neuheisel.....grats Ucla

IrishAddiction
02-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Congrats to UCLA. FUSC.

FightingIrishLover7
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
UCLA is putting quite the class together... Congrats. and Congrats to Dietrich!

BGIF
02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Neuheisel can spin some magic with recruiting ...

when he's not on probation or being fired. This is a coach that wrecked two programs and should be banned by the NCAA as a detriment to college football. Shame on UCLA for hiring him. They stooped down to USC's level.

irishff1014
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
That defense is going to be good inthe coming years. He had a very good speech when he announced his team.Very respectful kid.

jason_h537
02-03-2010, 11:52 PM

when he's not on probation or being fired. This is a coach that wrecked two programs and should be banned by the NCAA as a detriment to college football. Shame on UCLA for hiring him. They stooped down to USC's level.

I wish someone would have told Barr that. Still UCLA put together a great class. Why didn't we offer Zumwalt?

TDHeysus
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM

this may come back to bite me, but I think Neuheisel is no longer that 'program wrecker' he once was. He has had a clear plan since getting UCLA job, and that is to first stick it to USC on the recruiting trail. He's got the bruins pointed in the right direction, changed the culture of losing at ucla, managed to pick up a bowl victory along the way, outlasted PTC (after publicly exchanging friendly jabs with him during his tenure), and got some recruits from the grasp of USC.

I've seen news pieces on what he's doing at UCLA, and the players seem to have bought in and really seem to genuinely like what he is doing, and they respond to him. his players are motivated, and have the right 'team' attitude. If he can secure a reliable QB, they just might make some noise in the coming years.

jason_h537
02-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Neuheisal at UCLA just means more competition for CA atheletes. Hopefully Kelly can keep up the connections withe private schools out here

Keep an eye for Greg Townsend Jr. Big time DE from Beverly Hills.

BGIF
02-05-2010, 01:37 AM
this may come back to bite me, but I think Neuheisel is no longer that 'program wrecker' he once was. He has had a clear plan since getting UCLA job, and that is to first stick it to USC on the recruiting trail. He's got the bruins pointed in the right direction, changed the culture of losing at ucla, managed to pick up a bowl victory along the way, outlasted PTC (after publicly exchanging friendly jabs with him during his tenure), and got some recruits from the grasp of USC.

I've seen news pieces on what he's doing at UCLA, and the players seem to have bought in and really seem to genuinely like what he is doing, and they respond to him. his players are motivated, and have the right 'team' attitude. If he can secure a reliable QB, they just might make some noise in the coming years.

He had a clear plan at Colorado and Washington. Are you familiar with the thugs and criminals he packed int UW?

He changed the culture of losing at UCLA?

Did the 4-8 '08 season win you over or was it that impressive 7-6 '09 season with that impressive win over Temple?

He's 11-14 in two seasons.

Finished 8th in the PAC 10 two years in a row.

He's won 6 Pac 10 games in 2 years. Three of those wins were over hapless teams from the state of Washington. (I'll take ND's win over WSU and UW but demonstrated that ND had turned the corner.)

He outlasted PTC? You're really grasping for anything. Carroll got megabucks to go to the NFL, please.

He got some recruits from the grasp of USC. That's funny. You might want to take a gander at the Recruiting Rankings and check out USC's haul. Slick Rick did well. He always could deceive recruits but let's be candid USC didn't have room for everybody.

For a guy who's so hard on Kelly you've sure swallowed Slick Rick, guitar and all.

CanadalovesND
07-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Had to medically retire due to lingering neck and shoulder injuries.

UCLA football: Safety Dietrich Riley forced to retire - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ucla-dietrich-riley-20130723,0,7654046.story)

sucks for the kid, but even worse for UCLA. They literally have no experience in their secondary. Lost all four starters and a few depth players too.

Andy in Sactown
07-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Priest Willis is going to be busy.

UCLA can die in a fire.

Rizzophil
07-24-2013, 07:42 AM
I always thought Dietrich as going to wreck shop. To bad he got injured.

dublinirish
07-24-2013, 07:55 AM
too bad for the kid, thought he was gonna be Taylor Mays 2.0 when he came out and really wanted him at ND as it was time when recruiting top safetys to ND just seemed impossible. Hope he gets his degree and becomes successful

Grahambo
07-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Had to medically retire due to lingering neck and shoulder injuries.

UCLA football: Safety Dietrich Riley forced to retire - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ucla-dietrich-riley-20130723,0,7654046.story)

sucks for the kid, but even worse for UCLA. They literally have no experience in their secondary. Lost all four starters and a few depth players too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loyku9nDLY1qko4x4o1_500.gif