PDA

View Full Version : '10 GA WR Tai-ler Jones (Notre Dame Signee)

Pages : [1] 2 3

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Wide Receiver
Gainesville (GA) Gainesville HS

Ht: 6-0
Wt: 184
Forty: 4.46
Vertical: 31
Shuttle: 4.28
GPA: 3.5
Test: 25

Stats:
'08 81 Catches, 1000 yds, 13 TD, 12,3 yd/catch
'09 74 Catches, 1394 yds, 18 TD, 18.6 yds/catch

Ranking:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #19 WR, Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #21 WR
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #10 WR, Grade 81

Honors:
Under Armour All-American Bowl

Offers:
Notre Dame (OV 10/17)
Standord (Decommit)
Oregon (planning OV)
Alabama (UV 10/24)
Auburn

Miami
Michigan
Michigan State
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
OSU
OU
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia
UCLA
USC

ND Recruiter: Tony Alford

Decision: 10/19 ND Verbal

Enrolled: January 2010 Early Entrance

IHateMarkMay
03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Cut his list to 15 schools... ND is one of them.
Alabama
Auburn
California
Clemson
Miami
UM
Michigan State
North Carolina
OSUck
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
UCLA
Vandy

No USC???? interesting... i like it.

IHateMarkMay
03-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Per ESPN, made his top seven.

ESPNU 150 athlete Tai-ler Jones told affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com, "I made a top seven. It's Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame, Cal, UCLA, North Carolina and Stanford. I wanted to name a top five, but I just felt like I couldn't decide which two to cut. So I decided on a top seven."

Jones has visited Ohio State, Notre Dame and Georgia. He plans to visit North Carolina this weekend. A California trip to Cal, UCLA and Stanford over Jones' spring break could be next.

Programs such as Oklahoma, South Carolina, Miami, Michigan State, Tennessee and Clemson have been eliminated from contention.

The Gainesville, Ga. product, who plans to graduate early, added, "Chances are good I'll commit by the end of April."

Last fall, he caught 81 passes for 979 yards (12.1 average) and 12 touchdowns. On defense, he posted 28 tackles and two interceptions.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Fingers crossed on this kid. I want him and Prater really bad!

IHateMarkMay
03-25-2009, 06:59 AM
I would take Jones, Prater, and Smith. Amazing class.

Brown
03-26-2009, 08:27 AM
a lot of speculation that Georgia is his "favorite".

IrishInFl
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
a lot of speculation that Georgia is his "favorite".

There's still a lot of time. Georgia was Starling's favorite at this time, and look at what happened.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
He's coming for the Blue and Gold game and I always have a lot more confidence when we get kids to come to the Spring game.

ant80
03-26-2009, 06:13 PM
There's still a lot of time. Georgia was Starling's favorite at this time, and look at what happened.What happened was Georgia didn't offer until recently. He's a Dawg.

WabashFalcon
03-26-2009, 11:42 PM
What happened was Georgia didn't offer until recently. He's a Dawg.

And Manti was a Condom!!!!

No more naysay!!!! Only pos-a-tiv-a-tay!!!!

IrishAddiction
03-27-2009, 02:35 PM
And Manti was a Condom!!!!

No more naysay!!!! Only pos-a-tiv-a-tay!!!!

lol damn right brotha. keep up hope folks, he is coming to the Blue and gold game.

NDinL.A.
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
lol damn right brotha. keep up hope folks, he is coming to the Blue and gold game.

Actually, it doesn't look like he is after all. Rivals has him visiting UNC this weekend, then going out to CA to look at 2 schools. No mention of him coming to ND. And then after spring break he's going to choose schools, so you can pretty much say good-bye to this cat...

IHateMarkMay
03-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Well if so, best of luck to him.

IrishAddiction
04-13-2009, 11:38 PM
announcement date and time set, idk when it is but if someone has premium access, be my guest. link below.

Scout.com: Jones Sets Decision Date (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=856098&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2fa. z%3fs%3d109%26p%3d2%26c%3d856098)

NDinL.A.
04-14-2009, 12:38 AM
announcement date and time set, idk when it is but if someone has premium access, be my guest. link below.

Scout.com: Jones Sets Decision Date (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=856098&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2fa. z%3fs%3d109%26p%3d2%26c%3d856098)

Thursday at 11:30 a.m...

Brown
04-14-2009, 05:30 AM
you dont need premium access.

UNHD.com blogged about it here: Tal-ier Jones Announcing Thursday, Notre Dame a Finalist - UHND.com Blog (http://www.uhnd.com/blog/2009/notre-dame-recruiting/talier-jones-announcing-thursday-notre-dame-finalist/)

A lot of the information you find on "Irish Eyes" at scout.com is information that's freely available elsewhere.

IHateMarkMay
04-14-2009, 06:55 AM
My guess is that he is a Bulldog.

NDinL.A.
04-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Here's an article that is sure to get your hopes up, esp considering that it's from Georgia:

Notre Dame among the finalists for Georgia WR Tai-ler Jones | Inside College Recruiting: Michael Carvell (http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-football-recruiting/2009/04/13/notre-dame-among-the-finalists-for-georgia-wr-tai-ler-jones/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_footbal)

Lots of positive ND stuff there, and his dad, God bless him, is working him hard. Check out the replies on the bottom; same old crap you read everywhere about ND.

However, he didn't visit for the spring like he did all his other favorites, so I still say he's a Bulldog...

(but what do I know???)

GO IRISH!!!
04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I am not too concerned that he did not visit in the Spring. His dad being an alum surely figures he has been on campus before more than a few times. I have a good feeling he is Irish. But, I have been wrong before.

Polish Leppy 22
04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Most are saying Georgia, a few are staying Stanford.

Buuuuuuuuuut...most said Te'o to USC, so Thursday we will either celebrate or move on

Ricochet
04-15-2009, 11:36 AM
He may very well be a bulldog but the ones saying this most likely don't have inside info and are doing nothing more than guessing as many did with Te'o. There was no info that he was going to USC it was just an assumption and some took at a fact even though Te'o and his family hadn't even yet come to a decision.

Howver, according to Steve Wiltfong through twitter is saying he believes it's down to 2 and both University's start with N. So what he's really saying is that he thinks or knows that it's down to Notre Dame or North Carolina.

Also Andre Jones has suggested it's 50-50 with the Irish in the mix so there is reason to believe Wiltfong.

The Polish Irishman
04-15-2009, 11:55 AM
The UGA Spring games was last weekend, did he go?

Polish Leppy 22
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Pretty sure he was there, but I know he was also on the west coast some time in the past 2 weeks

irishmarine
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
wish he would come here

NDinL.A.
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I went on a Georgia board this morning when I couldn't sleep (still on east coast time damn-it), just to see what they were saying, and the feeling there was that he was going to a Stanford commit. WTF?? And then other experts say North Carolina? It's all guesses at this point...

IrishAddiction
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
we have a good shot, nobody knows for sure until the kid announces. i can deal with that. WR arent an area im really too concerned about this year anyways, we have a pretty good stockpile already so i wont freak out if we dont get him.

Clausen2Kamara
04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
He'd be a huge get but I'm not holding my breath...We need lineman!

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
04-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Anyone know what time his announcement is? Go Irish!

IHateMarkMay
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Ive seen 2:30 PM and 11:30 AM. So i would guess one of those.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks

Ricochet
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
2:30 is the start of his press conference.

Bubba
04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Is that Eastern time...so in about 25 minutes or so?

Polish Leppy 22
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
We'll see if Steve Wiltfong's predicts are correct with the school beginning with N

I really had him pegged as a Dawg, but a few minutes will tell us

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Stanford

Bubba
04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Rivals.com - AMP Exclusive: Tai-ler Jones commits (http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=936206)

Polish Leppy 22
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Hats off to harbaugh on that one

Ricochet
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
We'll see if Steve Wiltfong's predicts are correct with the school beginning with N

I really had him pegged as a Dawg, but a few minutes will tell usA few hours ago he said he thought he was wrong about that N prediction and his correction was correct as Tai-ler Jones chose Stanford.

Ricochet
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Hats off to harbaugh on that oneI agree but in the end I think the difference was PT as he would have to bide his time at ND whereas at Standford the PT will more and sooner.

Polish Leppy 22
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
True. He could start for them as a true freshman, and Harbaugh pulled in Andrew Luck last year too, so he could have a nice connection there.

best of luck to the kid

IrishAddiction
04-16-2009, 03:12 PM
moving on, we arent hurting at the WR position, i think that played into his decision for sure... best of luck to him.

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow. This one is not over by a longshot for Harbaugh. On the premium sites they have his interviews up and he's saying that he's basically a 'soft verbal' (that makes no sense to me. I mean, then why commit? You're still going to be inundated w/ calls and texts and emails kid. whatever). He's still willing to listen to new offers. Now, we're not a new offer, so I don't know how much we're really in play here, but Harbaugh is still going to have to keep recruiting this kid. And if he blows up his senior year, and he hears places like USC or FL calling, you bet he's going to open up his recruiting. Especially considering how much he says that weather and lifestyle played such a big part.

Now, I really wanted this kid. I think he's a stud, so I'm not going to try and front like I'm glad he didn't verbal to us. But having heard that he's a soft commit, no thanks. Call me when he's ready to sign. I've had enough of the Byron Moores of the world. I think he's a fantastic get for Stanford, but then again he's still not a 'get' yet. I'd say they're number one right now, but they don't have him.

We're lucky in the sense that this isn't a safety that we desperately needed. This is a position of strength, we have great depth here and we still have 3 outstanding prospects coming to SB this weekend (although Cooper will prob play safety in college). McCay is the big fish I'd love to have, and Prater is right there with Jones. If Jones changes his mind, that's awesome, but if not, I'll take a Prater or a McCay thank you very much.

EDIT: Wait until he sees the kinda #'s Tate and Floyd put up this year as opposed to Stanfraud who will run run run...

SoCalDomer
04-16-2009, 05:01 PM
He says he will continue to take visits, including official visits, so i edited to soft verbal.

Irishlew
04-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow. This one is not over by a longshot for Harbaugh. On the premium sites they have his interviews up and he's saying that he's basically a 'soft verbal' (that makes no sense to me. I mean, then why commit? You're still going to be inundated w/ calls and texts and emails kid. whatever). He's still willing to listen to new offers. Now, we're not a new offer, so I don't know how much we're really in play here, but Harbaugh is still going to have to keep recruiting this kid. And if he blows up his senior year, and he hears places like USC or FL calling, you bet he's going to open up his recruiting. Especially considering how much he says that weather and lifestyle played such a big part.

Now, I really wanted this kid. I think he's a stud, so I'm not going to try and front like I'm glad he didn't verbal to us. But having heard that he's a soft commit, no thanks. Call me when he's ready to sign. I've had enough of the Byron Moores of the world. I think he's a fantastic get for Stanford, but then again he's still not a 'get' yet. I'd say they're number one right now, but they don't have him.

We're lucky in the sense that this isn't a safety that we desperately needed. This is a position of strength, we have great depth here and we still have 3 outstanding prospects coming to SB this weekend (although Cooper will prob play safety in college). McCay is the big fish I'd love to have, and Prater is right there with Jones. If Jones changes his mind, that's awesome, but if not, I'll take a Prater or a McCay thank you very much.

EDIT: Wait until he sees the kinda #'s Tate and Floyd put up this year as opposed to Stanfraud who will run run run...

Great post...if Prater commits that would be ridiculous as i see him on par with some of the great WR's who have come into college the past few years. McCay would also be a huge get and would love to see him play LB in college. All seriousness, i believe we already have a WR committed who is every bit as good and much bigger then Jones. I hope he goes to Stanford, it's always fun beating the recruits who spurn us.

ant80
04-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Let me put this to rest. There's nothing "soft" about his verbal. He is a man of class and integrity. He has handled the recruiting process very well, and far far FAR better than most other kids. He has his opinion, and I would recommend everybody stops deriding him for his choice because of what some random website says. I will eat crow if he changes his commitment.

edit: That said, some reports suggest that Montana might verbal to Stanford as well. And that Jones and Montana were talking about playing for Stanford together.

NDinL.A.
04-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Personally, I'm not deriding his choice at all. Stanford's a great academic school. Harbaugh is not a popular guy around here, but I've been giving him credit for a while on this board (regardless of his personality that rubs a bunch of people, esp USC, the wrong way). His teams are very tough, they run the hell out of the ball, and he's a great recruiter. Yeah, he offers the world a scholly, but he gets a lot of guys to either commit or strongly consider committing, guys that people have pegged to UCLA, USC, and yes, even ND.

But I completely agree with you saying "there is nothing soft about his verbal." Ummmm, when you say that you are willing to listen to new offers, and that you will take your 5 official visits, that sounds to me like, well, you are still willing to explore your options. Where you get saying that he's not soft is beyond me. Yes, he said nice things about Stanford, but he said nice things about a lot of schools. The thing that sticks in my mind is...I'M WILLING TO LISTEN TO NEW OFFERS. How in thw world is that a strong commit. Just because he has class and dignity, which I don't argue at all, doesn't take away from the fat that he said those things. He may still go to Stanford, but that doesn't mean he isn't a soft commit.

You want a strong commit? Go look up Chris Martin. He tells everyone who will calls that he appreciates the offer and the love, but he is firmly an ND commit, and then he politely says good bye and hangs up. Now THAT is a strong commit...

Polish Leppy 22
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
In the words of Stuart Scott...

BOO YAH

ant80
04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Personally, I'm not deriding his choice at all. Stanford's a great academic school. Harbaugh is not a popular guy around here, but I've been giving him credit for a while on this board (regardless of his personality that rubs a bunch of people, esp USC, the wrong way). His teams are very tough, they run the hell out of the ball, and he's a great recruiter. Yeah, he offers the world a scholly, but he gets a lot of guys to either commit or strongly consider committing, guys that people have pegged to UCLA, USC, and yes, even ND.

But I completely agree with you saying "there is nothing soft about his verbal." Ummmm, when you say that you are willing to listen to new offers, and that you will take your 5 official visits, that sounds to me like, well, you are still willing to explore your options. Where you get saying that he's not soft is beyond me. Yes, he said nice things about Stanford, but he said nice things about a lot of schools. The thing that sticks in my mind is...I'M WILLING TO LISTEN TO NEW OFFERS. How in thw world is that a strong commit. Just because he has class and dignity, which I don't argue at all, doesn't take away from the fat that he said those things. He may still go to Stanford, but that doesn't mean he isn't a soft commit.

You want a strong commit? Go look up Chris Martin. He tells everyone who will calls that he appreciates the offer and the love, but he is firmly an ND commit, and then he politely says good bye and hangs up. Now THAT is a strong commit...

It is VERY rare to find any recruit that speaks negatively of any school. They only say the positive aspects of that school.

Also, you're looking at the visits through the glasses of a domer. In recent years, CW has been stung by the decommits, which is why he instituted that rule, no visits after commit. Not all schools have that. Most OSU commits and USC commits visit other schools before sign-in day. As do recruits that have committed to most other schools. Granted, it puts them as a higher risk to decommit than ND recruits, but that again depends on the attitude of the kid, and his character. I can tell you that Jones is not like that. It's as solid as they come.

While CW's rule fits his coaching philosophy, its neither right nor wrong for a prospect to take visits after a "verbal commitment."

SoCalDomer
04-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Let me put this to rest. There's nothing "soft" about his verbal. He is a man of class and integrity. He has handled the recruiting process very well, and far far FAR better than most other kids.

my listing him as a soft verbal has nothing to do with me challenging his integrity. He said himself, with his own word, using his own mouth that he is going to take official visits to other schools despite his "commitment." anytime someone says they're committed but are going to take additional visits to other schools, i think it's justified to question the seriousness of the commitment.

if he doesn't change his commitment, or never takes a visit, then good for him.

He has his opinion, and I would recommend everybody stops deriding him for his choice because of what some random website says. I will eat crow if he changes his commitment.

can you please quote for me the exact "deriding him for his choice" that we are so guilty of? the only comments I see are "good luck to him" etc. Callig his commitment "soft" when he says he is going to continue to consider offers and take visits is not "deriding him for his choice." That's calling a spade, a spade.

because of what some random website says? what random site are you referring to? the random site that interviewed him and recorded his statement that he is taking visits? or do you mean the random recruiting website you're relying on about Montana and Tailer allegedly discussing playing together? I assume you weren't apart of those conversations, so you must be relying on some random website to get that information.

SoCalDomer
04-17-2009, 12:00 PM
It is VERY rare to find any recruit that speaks negatively of any school. They only say the positive aspects of that school.

Also, you're looking at the visits through the glasses of a domer. In recent years, CW has been stung by the decommits, which is why he instituted that rule, no visits after commit. Not all schools have that. Most OSU commits and USC commits visit other schools before sign-in day. As do recruits that have committed to most other schools. Granted, it puts them as a higher risk to decommit than ND recruits, but that again depends on the attitude of the kid, and his character. I can tell you that Jones is not like that. It's as solid as they come.

While CW's rule fits his coaching philosophy, its neither right nor wrong for a prospect to take visits after a "verbal commitment."

you yourself recognize that a player who takes visits after a "commitment" is more likely to decommit than another verbal commit. and i believe there are statistics on it that strongly favor a decommitment once a "verbal commit" starts taking visits to other schools.

so don't come here acting like we are way out in left field when we simply note that he says he's going to take visits, after he makes a commitment. you're not the only one who follows recruiting.

no one said he couldn't take visits after his verbal. but it is justified to say that it necessarily calls into question the seriousness of his commitment. the fact that he may never decommit from Stanford doesn't change that. If he is certain he is going to Stanford, then there is no need for visits. Unless he's simply taking vacations to other schools under the ruse that he is seriously considering them.

he can do whatever he wants with additional visits. and we have the right to discuss those additional visits. no one is doing what Buckeye sites do when they lose a recruit, such as say he now "sucks", or ND never really wanted him, or the kid was afraid of competition, etc, etc.

he made a good choice in a school. good for him. no hard feelings.

NDinL.A.
04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
I can tell you that Jones is not like that. It's as solid as they come.

SoCal pretty much summed up what I was feeling.

But this quote above, in which you say that he's 'as solid as they come', is simply beyond ridiculous! Are you really saying that even though he admits that he's going to listen to other schools AND he's going to take all his official visits, that his commitment is 'as solid as they come'???????? Please tell me you're kidding. Brother, you're giving OSU fans a bad name (although many on here would say that name is already deserved). Can you really look someone in the eye say that Jones' commitment as just as strong as Chris Martin, who will NOT take official visits, will not look at other schools, and will NOT even talk to any other school other than to say, "No thanks." Are you REALLY trying to sell that argument??? I'd love to hear your rebuttal...

SoCalDomer
04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
for the record, so no one thinks i am in the sour-grapes, haters club. Good luck to Tai-ler, he picked a great academic school. He looks to be a good recruit. Would have loved to have a son of a former player.

I will have to hope once a year he has a terrible game, though. ;)

Clausen2Kamara
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Yea I do not think this committment is solid at all...I still think we have a chance along with Georgia...

Irishlew
04-18-2009, 01:54 AM
ant80
I can tell you that Jones is not like that. It's as solid as they come

I think Chris Martin disagrees.

"Notre Dame doesn't have to win a single game, I'm still going to go there," Martin said. "I didn't go there solely for football. It goes way beyond that."

NDinL.A.
05-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Let me put this to rest. There's nothing "soft" about his verbal. He is a man of class and integrity. He has handled the recruiting process very well, and far far FAR better than most other kids. He has his opinion, and I would recommend everybody stops deriding him for his choice because of what some random website says. I will eat crow if he changes his commitment.

edit: That said, some reports suggest that Montana might verbal to Stanford as well. And that Jones and Montana were talking about playing for Stanford together.

Well, if this is as 'solid as they come', as you said earlier, then no commitments are ever solid. Read this article:

Jones Sets ND Official - (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&article=423&category_id=7&Itemid=83)

He's coming for the USC game to check out more of ND and ND life. I'm not attcking his character at all, just repeating what was reported. And again, if a kid commits early but still wants to take officials, then he's not a strong commit (yet). I hope he changes his mind, but if he doesn't, he's smart to do his due diligence. Being a legacy, we still have a good shot here...

Clausen2Kamara
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
He is also going to our summer camp for a few days to go along with his official visit...Our staff has a great oppurtunity to build a great relationship with this kid and hopefully he falls in love with ND and realize we have much better talent than Stanford...I think his official will be the key...I know he wants to win and if we're winning, that obviously ups our chances...The game against USC will be HUGE for a lot of these recruits.

phork
05-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't think its a matter of talent, but what you do with it. Harbaugh has kicked some ass at Stanford with so pretty feeble talent.

Clausen2Kamara
05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
We pretty much dominated Stanford with a 28-7 lead going into the 4th quarter last year...Then we took our foot off the gas...We have much more talent and displayed it last year...just not for 4 quarters...I hope we learned that we can not just sit on a lead...

phork
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM
The final score in that game should have been 42-7. Thats what good teams do. All I am saying is that Harbaugh has done more with less. Hell he has Charlie 1-0 vs USC.

jason_h537
05-20-2009, 01:47 AM
The final score in that game should have been 42-7. Thats what good teams do. All I am saying is that Harbaugh has done more with less. Hell he has Charlie 1-0 vs USC.

Damn, u shut me up with that last one. I was gonna say some smart ass remark, but your right

BGIF
05-20-2009, 03:08 AM
The final score in that game should have been 42-7. Thats what good teams do....

It should have been had we been a good team.

All I am saying is that Harbaugh has done more with less. Hell he has Charlie 1-0 vs USC.

Harbaugh has done well both recruiting and on the field - with what he has. He could end up hurting ND as SU is recruiting the same kind of kids ND does. ND should win most of the head to head battles for the top tier players but considering ND's depth at WR I can understand prospects like Jones looking there.

Polish Leppy 22
05-20-2009, 08:36 AM
1-1 vs USC

BillyIrish
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
1-1 vs USC

I think he is referencing the head to head vs SC between Weis and Harbaugh. With Harbaugh having the only victory over the condoms.

Stanford worries me because they pound the football. Until we stop getting blown off the ball, they will be a thorn in the side.

OCIrish
05-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't think we'll be getting blown off of the ball much longer. We finally have some beef on the DL in the likes of a few 300 pounders, and I was very impressed with what Hafis did this spring, let's hope he continues to improve.

BGIF
09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Scout has free video of Jones at Scout.com: ScoutTV: Jones goes wild (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/902016.html)

BGIF
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
9/19 ESPN

Under Armour All-American Tai-ler Jones (Gainesville, Ga.) had 10 catches for 240 yards and three touchdowns receiving and had a 62-yard fumble return for a touchdown in a 55-12 win against North Hall (Hall County, Ga.). Jones also had a 55-yard punt return for a touchdown called back because of penalty, ESPN's JC Shurburtt reports.

BGIF
09-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Jones will make an Offical to ND on 10/17 for the USC game. He remains a soft verbal to Stanford.

BGIF
09-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Profile Updated

BGIF
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Stanford Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=24&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d24%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

Per ISD in addition to the previously reported Official to ND for the USC game, Jones is planning an Official to Oregon. He'll also make an Unofficial to Bama for the UTN game. He'll also visit AUB and make an Official to Stanford before deciding.

I'm still solid to Stanford, and just going to these other schools, it just gives me the opportunity to make sure I'm exhausting all measures with this decision. I'm going to be taking a more in-depth look, campus life, the surroundings and a closer look at how the players look at the coaches, and how they think they prepare them, and how prepared they think they'll be for the next level after four or five years.

Junkhead
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
i read that notredame has a strong chance of getting him

Look at what Floyd and Tate have done in this offense, what receiver wouldn't want a piece of that?

a.van2eman
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
true that, charlie weis' pro style offense is perfect for college receivers. Basically if your a receiver and you come here your goin to thrive as a player

The Polish Irishman
09-29-2009, 11:36 PM
11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Operation Football (http://www.11alive.com/sports/highschool/)

Vote for him to be player of the week for his last week performance

jason_h537
09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
i'm not voting fo a Stanford verbal. Switch, then i'll vote.

BGIF
10-15-2009, 02:43 AM
ttp://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4558682&name=Southeast_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4558682%26name%3dSout heast_Recruiting (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4558682&name=Southeast_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4558682%26name%3dSout heast_Recruiting)

October 14, 2009

Posted by JC Shurburtt
<!-- begin free preview text -->A source familiar with the recruitment of Under Armour All-American receiver Tai-ler Jones (Gainesville, Ga./Gainesville) says that it would not be surprising if Notre Dame turned the Stanford commit. Jones is visiting South Bend officially this weekend, where he will take in the Irish home game with Southern California.
That's not to say this is a done deal because Jones would not have committed to the Cardinal to begin with had he not believed that was the best place for him, but you've got Notre Dame having a good season, putting up all sorts of passing yards and then there's the fact that his father, Andre Jones, was a member of the 1988 national championship team. That's a lot working in favor of the Irish.
Regardless of what school ends up with Jones, it will be getting a smooth receiver with good hands and deceptive speed that also runs excellent routes. He's a great fit in any offensive system he chooses, but you have to like the possibilities playing in the systems of the Cardinal and the Irish. <!-- end free preview text -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function switchPostLink(newlink){ document.insidersignup.action = newlink; } </SCRIPT>

jason_h537
10-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Imagine flipping Louis Nix, Corey Cooper, and Tai-ler Jones

irish73102
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
and maybe prater so ive heard

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Had a real good time at ND and was able to get a different perspective on the school and the players. Was hosted by Cierre Wood and had nothing but good things to say about him. Says that Stanford is still #1 and will visit them on Nov 7

NDinL.A.
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Had a real good time at ND and was able to get a different perspective on the school and the players. Was hosted by Cierre Wood and had nothing but good things to say about him. Says that Stanford is still #1 and will visit them on Nov 7

He gushed about his visit to ISD. Said ND gave him a whole lot to think about. He went on and on about how great everything was, and how he got the entire prospective on everything ND had to offer this time as opposed to his unofficials. Wiltfong got a great feeling after talking to him...

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Not so great feeling in the Rivals article

NDinL.A.
10-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Really? Wow. I think he and his dad have developed a strong relationship with Wiltfong, so maybe he's a bit more open with ISD. He definitely gave me the impression that he could flip. And with that amazing atmosphere, he'll have that in his mind when he takes his official to Stanford for the ND game. That place is a morgue compared to the ND/SC game. He also indicated that he might not even take his scheduled OV to 'Bama next week, nor to Oregon in November...

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Rivals article he said he was going to visiti Stanford and Oregon and got a better idea of what ND has to offer but that Stanford is still on top

The Polish Irishman
10-18-2009, 04:04 PM
According to ISD:

ND Verbal

The Polish Irishman
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Welcome Home

mbeckha
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
According to ISD:

ND Verbal

WOW! That's great, were gonna have some great recievers!

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM
??? is that on the foum?

Dacian_Irish
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Is this a joke?

notredomer23
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Shouldnt have changed the thread title yet. Per the forum. No official news yet. He will probably end up Irish though

The Polish Irishman
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Shouldnt have changed the thread title yet. Per the forum. No official news yet. He will probably end up Irish though

Good enough for you to report on another website

kjk184
10-18-2009, 04:18 PM
per ISD Newsletter:

Irish land Commitment
Notre Dame just received their first commitment of the weekend when wide
receiver TJ Jones just committed to Notre Dame. We'll have more in a
story on the front page of ISD very soon.
10/18/2009

TDHeysus
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
did this happen after the USC game?

Polish Leppy 22
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Would love to hear it from the kid himself

notredomer23
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
nevermind he is irish. lol

Riddickulous
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Hell, yeah!

Rocket's Rocket Fan
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
This is awesome! Welcome to ND.

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Rivals confirming it now too.

This is a great way to getover a tough loss

Welcome Home Tai-ler Jones

Polish Leppy 22
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
This is great news. I really thought he would hold out till longer in the process. Welcome home, young man.

In other news...Jim Harbaugh needs a lesson in college recruiting. He also lost a four star tight end earlier this week who flipped to Harvard

IrishInFl
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
This is great news. I really thought he would hold out till longer in the process. Welcome home, young man.

In other news...Jim Harbaugh needs a lesson in college recruiting. He also lost a four star tight end earlier this week who flipped to Harvard

That's nice to see a recruit who when he says academics is most important to him, he means it.

Polish Leppy 22
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Agreed. It's just comical to watch Harbaugh throw offers out like cookies and have this many kids flip flop

BGIF
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Notre Dame Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=87&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d87%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

ESPNU 150 wide receiver Tai-ler Jones (Gainesville, Ga.) has decommitted from Stanford and is now set to sign as part of Notre Dame's Class of 2010, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Jones was also offered by Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Miami-FL, Oklahoma, Ohio State, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, UCLA, Tennessee, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, USC, Maryland, Arkansas, Kansas, Ole Miss, West Virginia, N.C. State and Kentucky.

Last fall, he caught 81 passes for 979 yards (12.1 average) and 12 touchdowns. Jones also registered 28 tackles and two interceptions, earning all-state recognition.

JefMaj
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the Notre Dame family (Class of '92). As I've said here before - people always comment on my ND class ring. Only other time I've seen that done is a Marine's ring. It's nice to hear (all over the country) "Is that a Notre Dame ring?" And, they seem to say it with awe.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Thats great. Welcome Tai-ler! Go Irish!

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
One legacy down. One more to go.

You can tell in his film he has football in his blood.

Riddickulous
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Now we're just gathering weapons for Tommy Rees.

big daddy
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Does this mean we don't get Prater?

JefMaj
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Sadly, (Prater) may not want to compete with all the receivers coming in - it's a good crop. Yes, he's a 5 star.
ND is competing - they don't just give away diplomas. It's a 50 year commitment - you give it 4 years but it returns for 50 - 60 years. Lou once said about a kid that went somewhere else - wasn't a 4 year mistake - but, a 40 year mistake.
USC graduates 54% - it depends on what you want.

NDinL.A.
10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Sadly, (Prater) may not want to compete with all the receivers coming in - it's a good crop. Yes, he's a 5 star.
ND is competing - they don't just give away diplomas. It's a 50 year commitment - you give it 4 years but it returns for 50 - 60 years. Lou once said about a kid that went somewhere else - wasn't a 4 year mistake - but, a 40 year mistake.
USC graduates 54% - it depends on what you want.

Where do you get the feeling that Prater may not want to compete? I think that's b.s. He committed to USC, where their whole motto is about competition. He said he went to the ND game because he wanted they were playing USC and he wanted to compare offenses, and he wanted to get a feel for ND. He came away very impressed w/ the school and the way CW runs his offense. He said he is still committed to USC, but ND helped itself a lot and are in the mix.

Sadly though, I think he saw the future of SC football, and that Barkley was winging it all over the place, and he's only a freshman. The good news is that there are lot of rumblings that he might want to play closer to home, and that the shine of his USC trip has worn off (thus the soft commitment and the other official visits). SC is still his leader, but we're not out of it...

Riddickulous
10-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Where do you get the feeling that Prater may not want to compete? I think that's b.s. He committed to USC, where their whole motto is about competition. He said he went to the ND game because he wanted they were playing USC and he wanted to compare offenses, and he wanted to get a feel for ND. He came away very impressed w/ the school and the way CW runs his offense. He said he is still committed to USC, but ND helped itself a lot and are in the mix.

Sadly though, I think he saw the future of SC football, and that Barkley was winging it all over the place, and he's only a freshman. The good news is that there are lot of rumblings that he might want to play closer to home, and that the shine of his USC trip has worn off (thus the soft commitment and the other official visits). SC is still his leader, but we're not out of it...

I agree.

USC has Williams, Johnson, Butler, Ausberry and about 2,000 other highly rated receivers. The competition isn't a factor.

IrishAddiction
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Good news. Im glad to pull him back to the family ties. Softens the SC loss a little. Just a little though.

Anyways, welcome back to the ND family Tai-ler.

WabashFalcon
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Awesome. This really just perked me up.

THegraNDscheme
10-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Welcome aboard Tai-ler!! I was excited enough about this commitment, but after having just checked out his film over on ESPN I absolutely cannot wait for this kid to strap on the golden dome!!! He's got an unbelievable burst off the line and out of his breaks. Couple that quickness w/ his sure hands and sharp routes and this guy could be slot gold early in his career, while developing into a fine number one!

Congrats Tai-ler (and Irish Nation b/c we just got a real good one)!

jason_h537
10-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Exactly, he is a bit skinny but is very polished. You can tell he has great knowledge of the game. Give him a year in the weight room and he can be a great player down the road. Cant wait to see Dayne Crist hit him in the endzone.

Riddickulous
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Exactly, he is a bit skinny but is very polished. You can tell he has great knowledge of the game. Give him a year in the weight room and he can be a great player down the road. Cant wait to see Dayne Crist hit him in the endzone.

Or Tommy Boy Rees.

This is the second wide receiver commitment who reminds me of Golden Tate.

WabashFalcon
10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Hate to say this, but My man Tai-ler has already de-committed once. I pray that he sticks to the plan. What are the odds that he gets a bit more wishy-washy before NSD?

Brown
10-19-2009, 03:42 AM
He's already talking about early enrollment in January (which is only 2 months away) and has canceled all of his future visits. I think he's as close to a sure-thing as one can get before NSD.

BGIF
10-19-2009, 04:02 AM
Profile Updated

The Polish Irishman
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
He's already talking about early enrollment in January (which is only 2 months away) and has canceled all of his future visits. I think he's as close to a sure-thing as one can get before NSD.

According to ESPN.com, he will be an EE.

mbeckha
10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Or Tommy Boy Rees.

This is the second wide receiver commitment who reminds me of Golden Tate.

More like rhema mcknight

JefMaj
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
With uncle Tony Rice and the clan - he should be firmly entrenched this time. Lemming's interview with Wieneke in the SBT is pretty cool (can't find it online yet) in 10/19/09 paper.

South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football: WR Jones commits to Irish (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20091018/SPORTS13/910189919/1021/Sports)

texas fighting irish
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow just found out about Tai-ler jones switching to Notre Dame that makes my day. Glad to have him.

IrishAddiction
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Really glad to hear he will be an EE. He will get to catch passes from to National Championship winning QBs i hope (clausen next year, crist in 2011 or 12)

nd1988
10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
More like rhema mcknight

I hope not

Mavericknyc1980
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome keep bringing that talent CW

Riddickulous
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
More like rhema mcknight
I hope not

I hope not, either.

I loved Rhema when he was here. It was almost hero worship.

Looking back, however, Rhema just wasn't very good. All I can remember is Rhema and Marcus Freeman dropping passes left and right against USC in 2006.

irishandy
10-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice pick up for the Irish, I say if Prater commits we don't need anymore WR for this class.

kjk184
10-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Kid shows some nice moves in this video on DD. (He makes these CB's look worse than ours)

http://www.domerdomain.com/commentary/a-closer-look-at-tai-ler.html

THegraNDscheme
10-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Kid shows some nice moves in this video on DD. (He makes these CB's look worse than ours)

http://www.domerdomain.com/commentary/a-closer-look-at-tai-ler.html

Silky...looks like the next great WR to me

TinyT
10-26-2009, 10:43 PM
He clearly can handle those Georgia corners, did look very smooth and his routes just left the corners guessing...nice!!

BGIF
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Per insider.ESPN.go.com
Tai-ler Jones had three catches for 93 yards (31 average), including a 40-yard score, for Gainesville (Ga.) in its win over Flowery Branch, according to the Gainesville Times.

Ricochet
11-02-2009, 01:30 PM
IMO he's Marvin Harrison. He's going to play as a freshman as his game is extremely polished, runs ultra crisp routes and had awesome hands.

BGIF
11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Friday night Tai-ler Jones caught 8 passes for 135 yds and 2 TDs and threw for a TD. He caught a pass from his QB then threw it back to him for a 17 yd TD.

IrishAddiction
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
This kid is really polished for being a high school freshman. Not a burner but an amazing route runner. He is tearing it up down in Georgia.

IHateMarkMay
11-09-2009, 12:45 AM
High School Freshman? He is a senior this year. Will be on campus in January, at least I think he is an EE.

BGIF
11-09-2009, 01:30 AM
High School Freshman? He is a senior this year. Will be on campus in January, at least I think he is an EE.

According to an 11/6 SBT article Jones, Boyd, Wood are expecting to be Early Entrance and Tommy Rees is considering it.

jason_h537
11-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Isnt Badger an EE also?

NDinL.A.
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
He told ISD that even though he wants CW and the staff to stay, he still will enroll early should CW be fired...

The Polish Irishman
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
100% Irish according to Rivals

I do think he will see the field next year half way through the schedule.

irish4ever
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
He told ISD that even though he wants CW and the staff to stay, he still will enroll early should CW be fired...

God love Tai-ler. I hope all other current verbal commits follow suit w/ their allegience to the Irish!

Riddickulous
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about. Mancrush developing on Tai-ler, right now.

The Polish Irishman
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
He had 2 catches for 80 something yards on Friday in playoff game. Plays against very good competition. I think his next game is on TV here in the ATL, if so I watch and report.

irishandy
11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Awesome news coming from Tai-ler Jones camp. Hopefully he can keep some of his fellow recruits w/ him.

jason_h537
11-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Said he would decommit if Notre Dame hires a coach that runs the triple option. Jones will be a good one, very polished reciever already. Hopefully we can still land Barr.

GoldenChild
11-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Tai-ler Jones = Championship....Next Tim Brown. Forget Kyle Prater. Naw I'm joking I wish we could get Tai-ler and Prater, we would still have a pretty good WR core even if Tate leaves. I believe there is no way, ND is getting a coach that runs the triple option. We probably won't get a gimmick offense coach.

BGIF
12-02-2009, 07:41 AM
11/30 Per J.C. Shurburtt

Tai-ler Jones reacted to the dismissal of Charlie Weis:

I'm sad to see him leave, but I look forward to developing a relationship with the new incoming head coach

Polish Leppy 22
12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Good news. Anyone know why he committed to Stanford in the first place?

The Polish Irishman
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Per ISD:

Was handed his acceptance letter today and will start classes on Jan. 12

jason_h537
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Was getting calls from Bama, Stanford and Ole Miss and told them all unless ND hires Paul Johnson (doesnt wanna play in the option) he is all Irish

Manti#5
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
this kid is gunna be a contributor from day 1

WabashFalcon
12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
And.... I'm hard.

The Polish Irishman
12-12-2009, 01:38 PM
The Red Elephants will be playing for the State Championship today. They are playing the game on TV statewide on Georgia Public Boardcasting in HD. Go Tai-ler, last week he faced double, triple, and quad teams.

OCIrish
12-12-2009, 05:43 PM
And.... I'm hard.

You're always hard...got viagra?

nd1
12-12-2009, 10:11 PM
The Red Elephants will be playing for the State Championship today. They are playing the game on TV statewide on Georgia Public Boardcasting in HD. Go Tai-ler, last week he faced double, triple, and quad teams.

He lost to my old school. he played really good. he;s going to be a great player for us. has really good hands and good speed. it wasn;t his fault they lost qb threw 3 picks and they still lost by 14_13.

The Polish Irishman
12-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Tai-ler had one TD about 40 yards. Said in an interview solid with ND. Team lost on 2 pt conversion going for the win instead of OT.

IHateMarkMay
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
AMP: Georgia's best go one-on-one - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-football/ohiostate/AMP-Georgias-best-go-one-on-one-47222)

If this doesn't get you excited about Tai-ler Jones, nothing will.

tko
12-16-2009, 01:34 PM
AMP: Georgia's best go one-on-one - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-football/ohiostate/AMP-Georgias-best-go-one-on-one-47222)

If this doesn't get you excited about Tai-ler Jones, nothing will.

man, i am pumped watching that video. he looks so smooth and reminds me of floyd. i would love for him to make an impact as a freshman.

49er-Irish
12-16-2009, 01:45 PM
That video has been floating around for awhile now, but I get excited every time I watch it.

Jones looks like a very polished receiver coming out of high school and I definitely have to agree with tko's Floyd comparison in that aspect. As an early entry Tai-ler will have as much time as anybody to learn the offense.

Could we have another freshman receiving TD record broken? Kumara's number didn't last long and Floyd's could be in trouble too.

bert2834
12-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Wow, that video was awesome. He made those CBs look like HS freshman!

JefMaj
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
BK made Gilyard an all american... imagine what he can do with Jones' potential.

jason_h537
12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Ianello made Samardzija. Floyd, and Tate all-americans. Don't forget Shaq, Goody, and Deion are waiting for there time to shine. TJ is built like Deion, he needs to put on weight but he is very polished.

mbeckha
12-16-2009, 06:26 PM
BK made Gilyard an all american... imagine what he can do with Jones' potential.

Gilyad was very highly touted out of high school, i think even hiher than Jones so that statement doesnt really make sense.

IrishInFl
12-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Gilyad was very highly touted out of high school, i think even hiher than Jones so that statement doesnt really make sense.

The most highly touted 2* of all time, eh?

Riddickulous
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Jones runs better routes than Golden Tate did this year.

He is so quick. Clean cuts, great routes, fantastic hands.

NDisme
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Ya what are u on dude he was a two star rb coming out of hsGilyad was very highly touted out of high school, i think even hiher than Jones so that statement doesnt really make sense.

jakerbluegold
12-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Jones' cuts and quick change of direction make me think he's going to be seeing the field really early next year.

Reminds me alot of watching Golden in that he makes defenders look rediculous.

All around.............awesome.

fightinirish68
12-17-2009, 03:46 AM
bks best recruit was a 3 star...

but also golden was like 37th best wr comin outta hs. i know he played rb so it was hard to predict his skill level at wr but still. *** dont always show true potential ala sam young

IrishInFl
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
bks best recruit was a 3 star...

but also golden was like 37th best wr comin outta hs. i know he played rb so it was hard to predict his skill level at wr but still. *** dont always show true potential ala sam young

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jamar-Howard-64315

Chris Williams - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Williams-78960)

Dyjuan Lewis - Yahoo! Sports (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dyjuan-Lewis-84254)
I still consider Dijuan Lewis to be a Kelly recruit.

fightinirish68
12-17-2009, 12:36 PM
cool man you found 3 players in his past like 18 years of coaching. they were more of a cincinatti recruit bc they are still there and were recruited by combs.

IrishInFl
12-17-2009, 12:55 PM
cool man you found 3 players in his past like 18 years of coaching. they were more of a cincinatti recruit bc they are still there and were recruited by combs.

Nice investigating on your part. Next time you throw out a statement, back it up with evidence. You sound like ChamPen.

Riddickulous
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Jones' cuts and quick change of direction make me think he's going to be seeing the field really early next year.

Reminds me alot of watching Golden in that he makes defenders look rediculous.

All around.............awesome.

Tai-ler might be starting the home opener. He could possibly be starting by the middle of the year, at the latest.

I think we've hit a goldmine and found a great replica of Golden.

OCIrish
12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Tai-ler might be starting the home opener. He could possibly be starting by the middle of the year, at the latest.

And you also think we'll go 12-0 next year.

NDame77
12-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Geez I really hope that doesn't come true, it would mean we would have some serious injuries to the receivers we already have. Unless he is a Julio Jones or Michael Floyd, it is rarely ever a good sign when freshmen are starting at one of your deepest positions.

tko
12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
he's saying the black guys help the white guys...

what movie?

irish4ever
12-18-2009, 12:20 PM
he's saying the black guys help the white guys...

what movie?

Stripes starring Bill Murray. Gotta love that 'ol Sergeant 1st Class Hulka!

tko
12-18-2009, 01:46 PM
i can't stress enough how excited i am to have Tai-ler joining this family.

Maddog77
12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Per an article in ISD, he said he looks forward to winning a National Championship at Notre Dame after spending alot of time looking at his dad's 1988 ring and watch. He also plans on spending time "recruiting" Deitrich Riley & Christian Jones, while he is at the Under Armour game and selling them on why he is going to ND and why they should come with him.

On a side note, I love this kid's fire and enthusiasm.

fitz_bu47
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Awesome, I hadn't heard much about recruits recruiting since we lost Martin, good to know Tailer is gonna try and get these guys....Kids will listen to each other, and I think we still have a pretty good shot w/ Riley, don't know much about Christian Jones except his heavy ties to FSU.

jjsccer2
12-30-2009, 10:55 AM
this kid's name is pronounced Tyler right?

mbeckha
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM

No, it is pronounecd tailer!

NDinL.A.
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Aggravated a high ankle sprain that he knew would be a problem coming into this week. He hurt it early in the practice (going against, ironically, Josh Shaw and then Cody Riggs), and he told ISD that he'll probably be out the rest of the week. He wants to try to be 100% by the time he gets on campus in 2 weeks. ESPN guys have been saying that they are impressed with him and that he'll be a perfect fit in Kelly's offense.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I hope he spends the rest of his week stealthily placing tape recorders under the pillows of Riggs, Riley, and Jones. These tape recorders will send subliminal messages that when decoded read, " You were born to play at Notre Dame, you need to play at Notre Dame, there is no other option but Notre Dame" That's how I would spend my time recuperating.

JefMaj
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM

No, it with an "H"

as in "Hi" how are you...

Then like in a cold drink "ice"...

Then "mon" like in money

all put together into one word....

Polish Leppy 22
12-31-2009, 09:32 AM
I hope he spends the rest of his week stealthily placing tape recorders under the pillows of Riggs, Riley, and Jones. These tape recorders will send subliminal messages that when decoded read, " You were born to play at Notre Dame, you need to play at Notre Dame, there is no other option but Notre Dame" That's how I would spend my time recuperating.

I'd rather have seen the ESPNU highlights of Tailer making Riggs and Riley look silly. 4 more years

Maddog77
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
As previously mentioned by NDinLA, Tail-ler reaggravated his high ankle sprain yesterday.

Per ISD, today, papa Andre Jones pulled some strings to get him into see the Orlando Magic's team doctor to attempt to accelerate the healing of the injury so that he could be ready in time for Saturday's game.

SoJerseyIrish
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
As previously mentioned by NDinLA, Tail-ler reaggravated his high ankle sprain yesterday.

Per ISD, today, papa Andre Jones pulled some strings to get him into see the Orlando Magic's team doctor to attempt to accelerate the healing of the injury so that he could be ready in time for Saturday's game.

LOL.....see what a ND Education can do for you......good stuff!

NDinL.A.
12-31-2009, 12:52 PM
If you don't want to throw up, then don't read this article:

LSU still ‘coming in tough’ after Gainesville WR Tai-ler Jones | AJC College Sports Recruiting (http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2009/12/31/lsu-still-coming-in-tough-after-gainesville-wr-tai-ler-jones/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting)

LSU is coming after him hard. I'm not worried at all, because he'll be an EE, his dad is an alum and once he meets Kelly on the 5th he'll be more than sold, but still, his quotes don't exactly give me the fuzzy-wuzzies.

Of course, this is what goes on in the recruiting game. I'd advise you not even to worry; he'll be Irish in under 2 weeks...

BGIF
12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
If I decide to stay with them then Ill leave the next weekend,

Deep breaths, deep breaths ...

NDinFL
01-02-2010, 09:23 PM
this article is on irishillustrated, I'm not an insider so I can't read it.....but it certainly seems a little relieving from the title alone. Can anyone else check it out?

Jones turns the page (http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1035061&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=)

NDinL.A.
01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
There's nothing to worry about here. His whole family is there at the All-Star game, and they will all be there in a week to move him into ND. They're beyond excited to get him to ND. His dad couldn't be prouder...

irish4ever
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
There's nothing to worry about here. His whole family is there at the All-Star game, and they will all be there in a week to move him into ND. They're beyond excited to get him to ND. His dad couldn't be prouder...

Whew!

Junkhead
01-03-2010, 12:11 AM
If he is an EE, he starts at ND in a week or two, right? Kinda late to change his mind!

BGIF
01-03-2010, 12:23 AM
If he is an EE, he starts at ND in a week or two, right? Kinda late to change his mind!

Yes, it is late and that's the unsettling part.

On the 31st he said If I decide to stay with them then Ill leave the next weekend. His words at that time left the door open. A simple, "I'm set. We drive to ND the week after the Bowl Game," would have been a definitive statement.

"If I decide to stay with them ..." doesn't translate well like the Gator chomps and Nole Tomahawk motions other recruits are doing at their bowl interviews.

I expect him to enroll early at ND.

NDinFL
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
this is very relieving...

I'm kind of proud of this kid in a way for sticking to his commitment to ND and not being swayed by teammates at the game with said Chomps and Tomahawks

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
and he is recruiting other players for us. TJ, welcome to the Irish! Hope you brought your thermals

BGIF
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Tuesday's quick hitters - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4801148&name=Southeast_Recruiting)

1/6/10 JC Shurburtt

Under Armour All-American receiver Tai-ler Jones had good things to say earlier this morning about his in-home visit with new Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly.
Jones is committed to the Fighting Irish.
"He's a genuine guy that cares about his players and has the tools to turn Notre Dame into a championship-level program again," Jones said.

IrishInFl
01-06-2010, 12:37 PM
When is the deadline to EE?

BearGB
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
When is the deadline to EE?

Well our school starts Tuesday, the 12th. So... Monday, kinda?

jason_h537
01-07-2010, 12:56 AM
LSU is apparently pulling anything they can think of to try and flip Jones and Badger but both havesaid they are solid

WabashFalcon
01-07-2010, 04:36 AM
LSU is apparently pulling anything they can think of to try and flip Jones and Badger but both havesaid they are solid

Geez... kinda like a rapist down in freaking LA. Don't realize that no means no...

irish4ever
01-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Those bastards! Then again, what do you expect since Miles is a disciple of scUM!!!

Polish Leppy 22
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Simple solution: stop answering their calls and get the priest in your dorm to tell the school's other coaches NO Eucharist at Mass if they keep it up

Praytorian
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Has anyone seen anything about him EE'ing?

BGIF
01-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes

Praytorian
01-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Ok, I just had not seen an article on it (wich is usually linked to the player's profile). I did know that he has planned on it and said he might be leaving in a few days, just nothing saying he left. Something to quiet this LSU stuff up about him and Badger.
Thank you though.

m-araim
01-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Did Tai-ler Jones make it to ND for EE? He was to come to ND this weekending.

WabashFalcon
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Did Tai-ler Jones make it to ND for EE? He was to come to ND this weekending.

I echo the question. Kinda hope all the EE guys were in SB this weekend...

DoverShores
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Notre Dame Football Recruiting (http://notredame.rivals.com/default.asp?type=2)

Rivals has 5 guys including Jones that have signed.

BGIF
01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Per Irish Illustrated

<TABLE class=header border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftheader vAlign=center noWrap>COMMITMENTS</TD><TD class=middleheader vAlign=center width="1%" noWrap></TD><TD class=rightheader vAlign=center width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=header colSpan=5>Signed Letter of Intent</TD><TR><TD class=labelleft>Name</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Pos</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Ht/Wt</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Stars</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Rank</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Chris Badger</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Spencer Boyd</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>39</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tai-ler Jones</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>WR</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/184</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>16</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tommy Rees</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>QB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-3/192</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Lo Wood</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/160</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>45</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer colSpan=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WabashFalcon
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Per Irish Illustrated

<TABLE class=header border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftheader vAlign=center noWrap>COMMITMENTS</TD><TD class=middleheader vAlign=center width="1%" noWrap></TD><TD class=rightheader vAlign=center width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=header colSpan=5>Signed Letter of Intent</TD><TR><TD class=labelleft>Name</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Pos</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Ht/Wt</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Stars</TD><TD class=labelcenter>Rank</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Chris Badger</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>41</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Spencer Boyd</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/178</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>39</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tai-ler Jones</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>WR</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-0/184</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>16</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Tommy Rees</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>QB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>6-3/192</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>31</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataplayer>Lo Wood</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>DB</TD><TD class=datacenter noWrap>5-10/160</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/stargold.gif</TD><TD class=datacenter width="15%" noWrap>45</TD></TR><TR><TD class=spacer colSpan=5> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ahh! Sing Hozana!

HereComeTheIrish
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Ka-Boom!!!! Thank you, men....

OlympiaIrishFan
01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the Irish, and the Irish Nation. You have our support!!!!!!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm happy to see so many EE's in the secondary. Definitely gonna be some open spots to battle for this season

WabashFalcon
01-12-2010, 08:19 AM
In addition, the five EEs count against last year's class. Thus, we have, theroretically, five extra schollys to tack on to this year's class, if we get that many.

BearGB
01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice story on Tai-ler from ESPN: Irish Legacy Follows Jones - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4857514)

HawaiianIrish
01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
"The Tradition, The Weight of the Degree and The Game Day Atmosphere" This kid is gonna tear it up.....

vernfootball1
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Yea here's the video it is a pretty good video.

Irish Legacy Follows Jones - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4857514)

DillonHall
01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Nice little video on Tai-ler. BTW, I've met him here on campus, and he introduced himself to me as Ty-ler, not Tay-ler

BGIF
02-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Profile Updated

In the most recent ranking Rivals dropped him 3 slots from 16 to 19, Scout held the prior ranking, and ESPN elevated him 3 slots from 13 to 10.

BearGB
03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Wow. Check out T.J. in these drills. He is not totally polished yet, but damn did he look fast and smooth coming in and out of breaks and catching the ball. He is #7 and is probably shown 6 or 7 times during this video.

Link:Practice report: Irish offense starts fast - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/practice-report-irish-offense-starts-fast-138839)

ryno 24
03-27-2010, 11:57 AM
That was exciting fast

RECON Daddy
03-27-2010, 08:20 PM
This young man may see the field this year.

BearGB
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
On the Rivals video for practice today, T.J. was both of the two plays they showed for the #1 offense. Pretty impressive. I know this does not mean much, but it does mean that he is doing a good enough job to get some very meaningful reps. It's a real good vid: Practice spotlight: Dayne Crist - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/practice-spotlight-dayne-crist-180704)

95NDAlumNM
06-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Anybody know what happened in his family that he had to go back home for?

95NDAlumNM
06-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds like his Dad (Andre Jones - former ND player) has been hospitalized. We need to keep them in our prayers!

95NDAlumNM
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Seems like Andre had a brain aneurism and is not doing well. TJ left summer workouts and is home with his family. My prayers go out to him and his family.

95NDAlumNM
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Just heard that Andre passed away today.

aubeirish
06-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Just heard that Andre passed away today.

Is this confirmed. Sad day for Irish fans. Prayers and love to the Jones' family.

OCIrish
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
One of the first defensive players I remember watching as a young fan of ND, my prayers and thoughts go out to the jones family.

ErieIrish13
09-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Is he related to Davaris? UND.com says that Phil Daniels is his uncle.

GoldenIsThyFame
09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Notre Dame football: Jones moves forward with memories of his father - southbendtribune.com (http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/sbt-notre-dame-football-jones-moves-forward-with-memories-of-his-father-20110921,0,723524.story?page=1)

BabyIrish
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Since Brian Kelly took over, this program has had to deal with so much adversity. I have been very impressed with the way the coaching staff has been there for these kids.

Also, right now I would give The Most Improved Player Award to TJ. The kid has played better each week and hopefully that continues the rest of the year.

DSully1995
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
T.J. Jones Feature - Notre Dame Football - YouTube (http://youtu.be/bPo3zB86f2Y)

Good feature on TJ

Sherm Sticky
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
That was a nice piece and you all should watch it. Just an FYI Rob Toma and Lo Wood produced the video.

ab2cmiller
06-28-2012, 12:01 PM
It's easy to forget how much this young man had to deal with last season.

Emcee77
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
One of 48 players to make the Biletnikoff award watch list. Surprising.

Who knows though, T.J. could have a breakout year. He has certainly shown flashes of brilliance in his career. Just needs to work on consistency and eliminating mistakes. Obviously more consistent QB play will help.

yankeeND
07-17-2012, 01:36 PM
One of 48 players to make the Biletnikoff award watch list. Surprising.

Who knows though, T.J. could have a breakout year. He has certainly shown flashes of brilliance in his career. Just needs to work on consistency and eliminating mistakes. Obviously more consistent QB play will help.

Absolutely QB play will determine what TJ does. Very talented young man who can make the big play.

Old Man Mike
07-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Professional football analysts are seeing what Coach saw. TJ is a reason why I haven't been as nervous about our receivers this year [despite the big guy leaving for the NFL].

ND NYC
07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
i have been an remain lukewarm on TJ...until ehe proves otherwise on the field. hope he kicks *** this year-we will need it.

STLDomer
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Watch List « Biletnikoff Award (http://setup.biletnikoffaward.com/watch-list)

I guess they assume Lee can't win it because of Woods and Watkins can't win it because of a possible suspension?

PANDFAN
07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Watch List Biletnikoff Award (http://setup.biletnikoffaward.com/watch-list)

I guess the assume Lee can't win it because of Woods and Watkins can't win it because of a possible suspension?

those 2 LEE and Woods arn't even fair!!! both are as elite of WR's as u get!

Walter White
07-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I am holding out a lot of hope for Jones this season. He runs great routes and always seems to get open when the play collapses. I can't tell you how many times I was screaming at the TV last year, because I saw Jones wide open and we decided to throw elsewhere (forced it to Floyd).

NDhoosier
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Professional football analysts are seeing what Coach saw. TJ is a reason why I haven't been as nervous about our receivers this year [despite the big guy leaving for the NFL].

Agreed, from my point of view, most of the receivers will do better because Floyd seemed to be the #1 option for 90% of the passing plays last year. Jones had plenty of nice plays last year, he just never got the ball in his hands.

Whiskeyjack
07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Keith Arnold just posted a new article: Biletnikoff watch list includes TJ Jones (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/biletnikoff-watch-list-includes-tj-jones/).

Putting the 2011 season in the rearview mirror is probably the best thing for Jones and the Irish offense. After an emotional pregame ceremony honored Andre Jones and other members lost in the Irish football family, Jones opened the season on the wrong side of Brian Kelly’s purple-faced tirade, drawing the ire of the head coach when he let a Tommy Rees pass bounce off his helmet deep in the red zone during the Irish’s crushing 23-20 loss to South Florida. It’s hard to imagine that Jones’ afternoon against the Bulls, where he caught six passes for 58 yards, would be his most prolific output of the season, especially with defenses needing to pay attention to both Floyd and tight end Tyler Eifert. Yet Jones was largely a non-factor after a promising rookie campaign, making plenty of Irish fans wonder if Jones had reached his ceiling.

Still, there’s every reason to think that one wide receiver will emerge as an explosive option in Brian Kelly’s offense, if only because that seems to happen every season for Kelly. In his first two years at Notre Dame, that was Floyd. At Cincinnati, it was Mardy Gilyard, while at Central Michigan a mostly anonymous cast of characters still only failed to produce an 800+ yard season during Kelly’s first season with the Chippewas.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bPo3zB86f2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buster Bluth
07-17-2012, 09:31 PM
those 2 LEE and Woods arn't even fair!!! both are as elite of WR's as u get!

Floyd, Tate, Rudolph.

Amazing corps happen.

Sherm Sticky
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Thought he had a pretty good game and is having a prett good season. He is really attacking the ball in the air this year.

tko
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Thought he had a pretty good game and is having a prett good season. He is really attacking the ball in the air this year.

agree. i was really hoping for him to get in the endzone Saturday night.

Riddickulous
09-24-2012, 04:30 PM
He has great hands. I'd never noticed that before.

FLDomer
09-24-2012, 04:31 PM
He doesnt get enough love! This kid is very talented and has been solid for ND.

koonja
09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Him and DD are playing solid. Should be a dynamic receiving crew next year with TJ, DD (who's catching everything, in bounds and out), Neal and Chris Breezy.

IrishLion
09-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Him and DD are playing solid. Should be a dynamic receiving crew next year with TJ, DD (who's catching everything, in bounds and out), Neal and Chris Breezy.

Speaking of C. Breezy, and although this is TJ's thread, it looked like BK was trying to get Brown involved early and often against scUM. Golson's first pass that was intercepted was intended for Brown, and I think I recall him being targeted a few other times early. Of course, the offense had to go into conservative mode early on, so he didn't really have an opportunity to show anything. Hopefully the bye week allows BK to find a way to work Brown's deep speed into the offense a bit more moving forward.

NDhoosier
09-24-2012, 06:52 PM
If golson put more loft on that 1st throw, Brown would have been gone... Brown beat the CB who picked it off, I dont remember where the safety was exactly, but the CB was beaten by Brown. Golson under-threw that ball badly...

rtrn2glory
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
safety was over top and there was another safety across the field with the angle...he would of had to make a few moves

Riddickulous
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM
If golson put more loft on that 1st throw, Brown would have been gone... Brown beat the CB who picked it off, I dont remember where the safety was exactly, but the CB was beaten by Brown. Golson under-threw that ball badly...

safety was over top and there was another safety across the field with the angle...he would of had to make a few moves

Basically this. Jordan Kovacs was coming across and Golson misjudged the air he needed to fit the ball between the corner and safety. Brown definitely wouldn't have been gone, more like a 25 yard gain.