PDA

View Full Version : '10 VA DE J.R. Ferguson (LSU Commit)

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Strongside DE
Chatam VA Hargrave Military Academy

Ht: 6-4
Wt: 275
40: 4.9
BENCH: 315
SQUAT:
GPA: 3.6
TEST:

STATS:
'07: 106 Tackles, 18 Sacks
'08: 97 Tackles, 32 TFLs, 14 Sacks

RANKING:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s::s:, #3 SDE; Rating 6.0
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; #13 DE
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #14 DT, Grade 80

OFFERS:
California (12/11)
LSU (OV 10/30)
Notre Dame (OV 11/21)
Florida State (OV 1/22/10)
Miami (OV 1/29/10)
Texas Tech

Oklahoma
South Carolina
Maryland
North Carolina
UCLA

ND RECRUITER: Elston/(Powlus)

DECISION: National Signing Day

NDinL.A.
03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
This kid is just a beast. Looked up some stuff on the kid, and here's something old I found on ESPN:

The offers keep piling up for St. John's Catholic Prep rising junior J.R. Ferguson who just received an offer from Oklahoma, according to head coach Jimmy Ward.

The 6-foot-4, 270 pound defensive lineman already held two offers, from Maryland and Illinois, which he received in the final weeks of June.

More offers could be in the near future for Ferguson, who is leaving at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15 for a series of unofficial visits to many of the nation's high profile colleges.

The rising junior will make visits to the following schools in this order: Wake Forest, UNC, N.C. State, South Carolina, and Clemson and will end his whirlwind week at the University of Georgia where he will participate in the team's one-day camp on Friday, July 18

Ferguson first attracted national attention when he attended the Illinois one-day camp and walked away with his first official offer. Maryland made their offer days later.

Ferguson had a stellar sophomore season with 106 tackles and 18 sacks, helping lead the Vikings to a 7-4 record and a share of the MIAA C conference title.

Ferguson will be a member of the Dream Team second team when the football preview magazine is released later this month.

According to Scout, his mom loves ND, and he says ND is high on his list. His real name is "Ego", which is what his father is named. He'll be at the spring game. This is a kid I really am excited about, and I hope we get him. Here's another link i found on RecruitingPlanet.com:

Vikings’ Ferguson gets early attention (http://www.gazette.net/stories/070308/brunspo165501_32356.shtml)

DirtySecret
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Count him out also.. He's down to his top 8 and we aren't in it. Does Ron Powlus know how to recruit? Seriously he's drop the ball twice now on top receuits.

NDinL.A.
04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
According to Scout, his mom loves ND, and he says ND is high on his list.

Thanks Scout, or Ego, or whoever. We're so 'high on his list' that we're not even in his top 8?????? Ouch. This one confuses me...

SoCalDomer
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Count him out also.. He's down to his top 8 and we aren't in it.

where are you getting that info from?

DirtySecret
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
where are you getting that info from?

Some guy on another board who proclaims he's has account with scouts. He's contradicting himself now when being question about it.

SoCalDomer
04-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Last I heard he is gonna finish his west coast visit tour, then make a top-whatever list sometime around the end of May. He was positive on ND, so hopefully they'll make that list and give the coaches a chance to explain what ND offers.

jason_h537
05-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Rivals says that both Powlus and Hart were on campus to visit him. Must have done a number on him because he is talking about making a summer visit. Hear his mom loves the Irish and he does go to a Catholic school.

BGIF
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Rivals and Scout are both reporting DE J.R. Ferguson has transferred to Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, VA for his senior season. Ferguson was listed with a 3.6 GPA (no test score released) at St John's Catholic Prep in Frederick, MD. He has offers from both ND and SU so academics shouldn't be an issue.

jason_h537
05-27-2009, 01:38 AM
This kid could also play DT like Ethan Johnson.

BGIF
05-27-2009, 01:52 AM
This kid could also play DT like Ethan Johnson.

At 6-3 275 as a HS Junior he might grow into a Div 1 size DT before he enrolls in college. Rivals lists him a a 5 Star SDE. ESPN lists him as a DT, Scout's Brian Flenory thinks his future is as a 3 technique.

NDinL.A.
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Rivals and Scout are both reporting DE J.R. Ferguson has transferred to Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, VA for his senior season. Ferguson was listed with a 3.6 GPA (no test score released) at St John's Catholic Prep in Frederick, MD. He has offers from both ND and SU so academics shouldn't be an issue.

He's doing it to raise the level of competition he faces game in and game out...

NDinL.A.
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Here's the article:

Defensive lineman J.R. "Ego" Ferguson's father, Ego Ferguson, Sr., confirmed his son is transferring from St. John's Prep in Fredrick, Md., to Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., to play for coach Robert Prunty.

"We decided today that we were going to move to Hargrave this coming year for football," he said. "We appreciate everything St. John's has done for him academically and athletically. We had the opportunity to go play with a post-graduate team at Hargrave and elevate his competition. He has a desire to be the No. 1 player in the country and we think they will help him."

Ferguson and his family will start a summer round of unofficial visits. In the next two weeks, they will visit Notre Dame, Boston College and other schools in the Northeast. In early July, North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and LSU should get unofficial visits, along with Florida and Miami.

Ferguson, Sr., said that his son is up to 46 offers with Stanford and South Florida being the latest.

Coast-to-coast notes: RB Jordan James off to running start - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=shurburtt_jc&id=4208912)

Also a write-up there on RB recruit Jordan James, whom ND sits in well with...

IrishAddiction
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Really like it when we get them on the campus. James looks like a hell of an athlete too, hope we get them both on campus.

Ricochet
05-27-2009, 10:51 PM
This kid could also play DT like Ethan Johnson.He is a DT. In HS he might be a DE but in college with teams that run 4-3 there is no question that he's a DT.

While he's very quick he doesn't have the speed to be a DE and not only is he already pushing 280 with another year of HS but after he gets to campus and gets his body re-shaped and bulked up, there is no doubt that he's going to be 300+.

irishmarine
05-28-2009, 01:14 AM
i like confidence but does this kid really think he can be the number 1 player in high school? good luck to him if so. its gonna take alot of work and determination to reach that goal. set your mind to it and anything is possible

jason_h537
05-28-2009, 03:06 AM
They dont call him Ego for nothing.

jason_h537
07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Talked to AMP at Rivals and said he will visit LSU, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame. the other 2 are undecided

vinnymac2402
07-31-2009, 07:34 PM
There is always hope if we get them on campus. Who is recruiter

jason_h537
07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Powlus

DirtySecret
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Powlus

Ron Powlus is his recruiter!! Well mark JR off the list. Powlus couldn't recruit a homeless guy to ND..

jason_h537
07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
He's got Ego to visit thats an accomplishment in itself. He can't visit all his top 21 schools

DirtySecret
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
He's got Ego to visit thats an accomplishment in itself. He can't visit all his top 21 schools

He also let recruits slip through..

WabashFalcon
07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Ron Powlis can't get anybody? How about a 4star quarterback?

Ron Powlus - Notre Dame Football (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?coach=2037&sport=1&year=2010)

DirtySecret
07-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Ron Powlis can't get anybody? How about a 4star quarterback?

Ron Powlus - Notre Dame Football (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?coach=2037&sport=1&year=2010)

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.. How did he do in 09?

Ron Powlus - Notre Dame Football (http://notredame.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=2037&Team=55&Sport=1&Year=2009)

Jake Golic! Oh please, he came out his mama's twat wearing a gold helmet.. In that same year, he let two 5* and a 4* slip away.. Again, refer back to where I said "He also lets recruits slip through"

WabashFalcon
08-01-2009, 02:08 AM
You said he couldn't recruit a homeless guy to ND. He did so. Golic and now Hendrix.

texas fighting irish
08-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Who did he let slip through his hands?

IrishInFl
08-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that's all Weis has to do to get this kid is to call all the other coaches and say "lego my Ego!" Right?

WabashFalcon
08-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that's all Weis has to do to get this kid is to call all the other coaches and say "lego my Ego!" Right?

And... that's a 4.6 from the Russian judge. Ouch... that's gotta hurt his pride knowing it was THIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS close to being a perfect stick...

jason_h537
08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
He also let recruits slip through..

but thats assuming that these 5 and 4 stars were all set to come to Notre Dame and Powlus ruined it.

jason_h537
08-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Named top 14... yes the exclusive top 14

California
Florida State
LSU
Maryland
Miami
Nebraska
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Penn State
South Carolina
Tennessee
UCLA
Vanderbilt

texas fighting irish
08-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Nice to see that we made the first cut on ego

jason_h537
08-02-2009, 02:06 AM
LOL thats his 2nd cut. We made his top 21 in June

texas fighting irish
08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
wow how many schools offered ego

BostonND
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
I heard we were in 12th place, but then at the last second he changed his mind and moved us up to 11th. What a roller coaster ride.

OchoShayneO
08-03-2009, 11:11 AM
haha the exclusive top 14

WabashFalcon
08-03-2009, 07:24 PM
He going in sevens? If that is the case, we need to end up having him get us in the Top 7... then the Top 1...

Err.... shit.

Bubba
08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
So we have 3 DE commits already, and possibles from Ferguson, Chance Carter and Shembo? Something's got to give; I just don't see us ending up with 6 DEs. Who's gonna be left out?

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Ferguson os around 280 i believe and will likey grow into a DT that is how Weis is recruiting him. Shembo and Barr are likely DE/OLB hybrids and depending on how they grow will determinr where they will end up. Utupo can is a tweener DE/DT. So if everything works out

That gives us
3 DE ( Martin, Leuders, Shembo/Barr)
2 DT (Ferguson/Nix, Allen/Gaston)
with Utupo likely becoming another DT in a few years.

A really good D-line haul

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
But are we going to get a visit from Ego and i thought carter was off the list

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Ego said he will visit LSU Oklahoma and Notre Dame. LSU seems like the team to beat with him. If Shembo does commit tomorrow then Carter is probably done.

NDinL.A.
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
But are we going to get a visit from Ego and i thought carter was off the list

Yes, Ego said he is going to visit ND, and he's trying to visit for the USC game, if possible. Chance Carter is anybody;s guess, but considering that he is visiting Friday I'd say he is still on our list...

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
This is going to be very interesting to see how 2010 class fills out

IrishAddiction
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
If we are recruiting this kid as a DT, that might put us in a little trouble... he wants to stay at DE it seems, according to ESPN. We made his final ten though. Here is the recent on the trail write up from espn.

ESPNU 150 defensive lineman J.R. Ferguson (Frederick, Md./Hargrave Military) has named 10 finalists, ESPN affiliate Web site InsideMDSports.com reports.

Maryland, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU, South Carolina, Miami, Florida State, California and UCLA are left to battle for the highly-coveted senior.

InsideMDSports also reports that early playing opportunity and sticking at defensive end, not defensive tackle, will be two key factors in Ferguson's decision.

"Once you sign on the dotted line, you lose all leverage, so we'e seeing who will actually give him that opportunity," J.R.'s father said. "We [also] don't have the desire to redshirt."

Ferguson, rated as the nation's No. 14 defensive tackle, does not have a timetable for his decision.

Last fall he registered 97 tackles and 16 sacks.

J.R. Ferguson - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?page=onthetrail&recruitId=69077)

jason_h537
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
If we are recruiting this kid as a DT, that might put us in a little trouble... he wants to stay at DE it seems, according to ESPN. We made his final ten though. Here is the recent on the trail write up from espn.

J.R. Ferguson - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?page=onthetrail&recruitId=69077)

He is too big to play DE and will play DT at the next level. The only difference is which schools are honest about it.

Irish52
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
We get Ferguson if we can get his Mom, Dad and him to campus for an official visit.I think he will fit right in with the Irish.

jason_h537
09-30-2009, 04:31 PM
We get Ferguson if we can get his Mom, Dad and him to campus for an official visit.I think he will fit right in with the Irish.

His parents like Notre Dame but i believe his mom lives in Miami which is why many believe he will end up there.

IrishAddiction
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
He is too big to play DE and will play DT at the next level. The only difference is which schools are honest about it.

Im certain that Miami is being honest to him when recruiting him as a DE. Miami is known for honesty and strong moral values right?.....

NDinL.A.
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Will visit for the UConn game instead of the USC game, per ISD. His dad told them that they already have the itinerary, so it's a done deal...

BGIF
10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
per ESPN

J.R. Ferguson (Frederick, Md./Hargrave) will make an official visit to Notre Dame Nov. 21st according to his father, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Ferguson recently cut his list of 50-plus offers down to ten; Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Maryland, North Carolina, Miami, Florida State, California and UCLA.

On top of the Notre Dame official, Mr. Ferguson said that LSU and Oklahoma will likely receive official visits and they've schedule and unofficial visit for South Carolina.

He added, "We'll chop it down to five or six. We will hopefully get that done by the end of next week, if not sooner. It's safe to assume, Notre Dame, LSU and Oklahoma will make the cut."

IrishInFl
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow, that sounds like greeat news. Does he know when he wants to commit?

jason_h537
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
He seems to really love the recruiting process so im gonna say late

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

J.R. Ferguson – No idea what’s going on. He’d be a welcome addition though! Last report was that Ferguson was determined to take an official visit to Notre Dame. We shall see.

Staus quo.

Domer4ever
10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I like the fact that we get him late in the recruiting process (Uconn). Although Rivals is now listing him as having on official at LSU the same day he is scheduled to be in South Bend for the Uconn game. Seems like he is really interested in Notre Dame, but again, I think winning is going to be key.

JefMaj
10-24-2009, 10:43 AM
We win today... I think some spots (3) fill up and when we get down to about 6 left in mid - November... the late choosers could be a problem.

Domer4ever
10-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Looks like Rivals has clarified and Ferguson is taking his LSU official this weekend.

The Polish Irishman
11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Confirmed Visitor for this weekend.

IrishAddiction
11-21-2009, 01:09 PM
He is on campus..... dont know how much of a shot we got, but i would say 50/50. That is about the rate we sign once we get them on campus.

JefMaj
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Any news? We had good weather.

NDinL.A.
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Per ISD, he enjoyed his visit. Didn't realize how beautiful the campus really is and how great the academics are. Liked the players and has bonded with the coaching staff. Losing the current staff will effect his decision though. He will have to see who will take over. His dad said the facilities were second to none as is the education.

Already visited LSU, and will take all 3 of his other visits and make his decision on NSD...

ndirish302000
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Per ISD, he enjoyed his visit. Didn't realize how beautiful the campus really is and how great the academics are. Liked the players and has bonded with the coaching staff. Losing the current staff will effect his decision though. He will have to see who will take over. His dad said the facilities were second to none as is the education.

Already visited LSU, and will take all 3 of his other visits and make his decision on NSD...

I'm too impatient for that. But lets hope that the next staff gets on him as soon as they are installed and that they make a good impression.

Mjrosko
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM
My parents, my girlfriend and I were on campus this weekend, at one of our favorite little spots on campus (reckers). While having lunch we see a BIG looking dude walk in with an older man and someone decked out in ND football stuff. Immediately me and my dad made eye contact and had the same thought, recruiting visit. I read the sweatshirt of the younger guy and it read, "Hargrave Football". So as soon I got home I checked on here to find who we we're recruiting from Hargrave and I'm assuming we saw JR Ferguson.

He looks big. Kinda cool running into him without even knowing.

We also ran into Jimmy just walking around campus on Friday. I got a picture with him but it wasn't saved because my girlfriend doesn't understand how to take pictures with my phone. She makes up for it in other areas though....

jjsccer2
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
My parents, my girlfriend and I were on campus this weekend, at one of our favorite little spots on campus (reckers). While having lunch we see a BIG looking dude walk in with an older man and someone decked out in ND football stuff. Immediately me and my dad made eye contact and had the same thought, recruiting visit. I read the sweatshirt of the younger guy and it read, "Hargrave Football". So as soon I got home I checked on here to find who we we're recruiting from Hargrave and I'm assuming we saw JR Ferguson.

He looks big. Kinda cool running into him without even knowing.

We also ran into Jimmy just walking around campus on Friday. I got a picture with him but it wasn't saved because my girlfriend doesn't understand how to take pictures with my phone. She makes up for it in other areas though....

COLLEGE!!!!

Big23Head
12-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Stated Cal was his best visit so far. Chris Martin is working on him to go to Cal.

BGIF
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Stated Cal was his best visit so far. Chris Martin is working on him to go to Cal.

Harumpf!

I was counting on Ferguson to fill in for Martin.

DCirishfan
12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Martin is quickly getting on my shit list.( as if he cares)

irishnd31
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Harumpf!

Give the Governor a Harumpf!!

irishnd31
12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Harumpf!

Give the Governor a Harumpf!!

http://www.paulaltobelli.com/uploaded_images/hedley_lamarr-700274.jpg

You watch your ass.

JefMaj
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Big difference... Martin is a Cali kid... Ferguson is from VA... does dad want to travel to Cal. to keep up... at worst ND is a 10 - 11 hour drive from VA.

jason_h537
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Fegeson and Kuandjio have become pretty good friends and both were looking at Cal.

chyrspchuck
12-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Chris martin is really startin to chap my hide

JefMaj
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey, some aspire to the emerald bowl.

The Polish Irishman
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
BK is working hard on Ego

jjsccer2
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Good. This guy will be a future 1st rounder mark my word. Mark my word.

vernfootball1
01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
This guy i think will end up at nd. Kelly talked with papa ego and wanted to know if ego was a weis or kelly guy, and kelly said he will perfectly fit in and is a true d end. Kelly said he cant wait to coach up ego. His dad also said kelly was a nice guy

redsox4441
01-05-2010, 10:27 AM
haha i wrestled against this kids high school.

OchoShayneO
01-05-2010, 10:53 AM
haha i wrestled against this kids high school.

st. johns or hargrave?

redsox4441
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
hargrave

BGIF
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Per Bob Wieneke SBT 1/6

South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame Football: Recruits warming up to new Irish staff (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100106/SPORTS13/100109701/1021/Sports)

Notre Dame is still in it for me. I just want to get to know coach Elston and coach Kelly a little more, meet them live, talk to them and see what they're going to use me as and everything like that and see how I can help the program

J.R. Ego Ferguson

BearGB
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
From an ESPN article:

"I'm kind of still open basically. I'm trying to take these last two visits before I really start narrowing things down," he said. "Each of the visits I've taken has had a special meaning to me. Going to Notre Dame and seeing the academics was the best I've ever seen. Going to California and see how the players are treated was great. Then going to LSU and seeing how I got along with the players was great too.

"I want to pray on everything and make the decision that helps my family and helps me with early playing time."

That last line, the prayer one, and the one about academics does make me think that we definitely have a realistic shot here. He would be a great get I think!

Floyd promises a shocker - Insider - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4803237)

BGIF
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
From an ESPN article:

"I'm kind of still open basically. I'm trying to take these last two visits before I really start narrowing things down," he said. "Each of the visits I've taken has had a special meaning to me. Going to Notre Dame and seeing the academics was the best I've ever seen. Going to California and see how the players are treated was great. Then going to LSU and seeing how I got along with the players was great too.

"I want to pray on everything and make the decision that helps my family and helps me with early playing time."

That last line, the prayer one, and the one about academics does make me think that we definitely have a realistic shot here. He would be a great get I think!

Well, he could pray at the Grotto, the Basilica, contemplate with #1 Moses, and find enlightenment at the 50 yard line in Rock's House.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Shoot, I said a prayer every time I sat along the lake.

I never thought this kid was possible, and seeing that it isn't as long a shot as I originally thought, I am getting really excited.

irishandy
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Ferguson would be a nice addition to our defense

KPENN
01-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Ferguson would be a nice addition to our defense

Yes he would. He would be a huge get for kelly and staff

I Dont Miss Charlie
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
From an ESPN article:

Floyd promises a shocker - Insider - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4803237)

If he was so good academically why is he attending a school known for allowing kids with low academics to play there to get college offers?

I think Notre Dame will get him. Perfect situation for him to come here and he wants to come here despite the new staff.

BGIF
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
If he was so good academically why is he attending a school known for allowing kids with low academics to play there to get college offers?

I think Notre Dame will get him. Perfect situation for him to come here and he wants to come here despite the new staff.

If you're concerned about his academic ability why do you think ND will get him?

If you'd read the thread you'd know he had a 3.6 GPA and was offered by ND and Stanford last Spring.

jason_h537
01-08-2010, 03:29 PM

Transferred there senior year to play against better competition

OchoShayneO
01-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Transferred there senior year to play against better competition

Yea St. Johns (his old school) plays in the MIAA-C which might be the weakest conference in MD, not exactly a power house state for football.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Anyone see or hear how he did in the AA game?

NDinL.A.
01-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Per NoleInsider.com, he now has a top 5, as he dropped South Carolina and Oklahoma from his list. He now has a top 5 of ND, Cal, and LSU, who he already visited, and Miami and FSU, which he will visit soon.

Kelly is going to visit him today, per ISD...

BGIF
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Profile Updated.

Short List/OVs
California (12/11)
LSU (OV 10/30)
Notre Dame (OV 11/21)
Florida State (OV 1/22/10)
Miami (OV 1/29/10)

ND Recruiter is now Elston.

Irish.Ca
01-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Come on BK, go get'em.

WabashFalcon
01-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Time to make the final three...

Riddickulous
01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Come on, KELLY.

IrishAddiction
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Elston is now the recruiter..... wasnt he also the RC at Cincy? If so, i like our chances, even though the other names on his list dont exactly scream toward him being an academic midwest guy.

BGIF
01-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Elston is now the recruiter..... wasnt he also the RC at Cincy? If so, i like our chances, even though the other names on his list dont exactly scream toward him being an academic midwest guy.

Elston is now Ferguson's ND Recruiter.

I posted that in an update with Official Visits and other info specific to Ferguson. Rivals lists Elson as recruiting Ferguson.

vernfootball1
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Just read they were VERY impressed when kelly came with d coordinator lb coach and dl coach, because he was impressed that they came so far, kelly said ego would be a cornerstone on the d, things are looking very bright

NDinL.A.
01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, per ISD, Kelly pulled out all the stops and brought Cooks and Diaco with him. That really impressed Ego's dad who said that Cal and Miami didn't do that (they had visits earlier in the day). The dad couldn't say enough great things about Kelly and ND, because Kelly showed them how badly they wanted Ego and how he would be the centerpiece of their defense.

Ego, however, said that ND had now pulled even with everyone else. They had slipped when Weis was fired, but the Kelly visit pulled them back to even with the others. He'll decide on NSD or right before...

irishtrain
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM

I think Notre Dame will get him. Perfect situation for him to come here and he wants to come here despite the new staff. This my very point when considering the academices and what these guys will be ask to do, I was a C student in high school graduated when I was 17 and almost flunked out of college my freshman yr, not too good huh. My study habits were good but I had no idea HOW to study. I made the Dean's List after I got the study perspective and how to learn at college. These guys deserve the chance, they represent the university on the football field, give them a chance to learn how to educate themselves.

WabashFalcon
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah, per ISD, Kelly pulled out all the stops and brought Cooks and Diaco with him. That really impressed Ego's dad who said that Cal and Miami didn't do that (they had visits earlier in the day). The dad couldn't say enough great things about Kelly and ND, because Kelly showed them how badly they wanted Ego and how he would be the centerpiece of their defense.

Ego, however, said that ND had now pulled even with everyone else. They had slipped when Weis was fired, but the Kelly visit pulled them back to even with the others. He'll decide on NSD or right before...

Hell... he shoulda brought up the Lep as well. Had him do a little dance...

SoJerseyIrish
01-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I wish Ego was talking more.......sounds like the Father likes ND......we shall see, fingers crossed we land this one.

vernfootball1
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I wish Ego was talking more.......sounds like the Father likes ND......we shall see, fingers crossed we land this one.

Some of the stuff ego said about visit:

According to ISD: The visit was with the whole staff and went very well

Riddickulous
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
GET this guy, staff. GET this guy.

The Polish Irishman
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
He is visiting Miami and FSU later this month, so a long way to go.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I like that he is quiet about his recruitment, it shows humility and a discipline that reflects how serious he is about this life decision. Prefer this to a diva giving sound bites all the time, like a former commit of ours without getting into names. This kid would be a massive get and I hope we really are being considered.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Irish Illustrated headline says that the Irish staff "wows" Ferguson.

jason_h537
01-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Kelly took 3 coaches with him and told Ego he could see him as a outside lb or de in his 3-4.

fitz_bu47
01-18-2010, 11:53 PM
OLB?? If he could really play there w/ that size that would be awesome!

jason_h537
01-19-2010, 12:12 AM
He is about 280 right now and could easily be over 300 by his sophmore year but he clearly doesnt want to be a DT. In a 3-4 he could be a perfect end like Ethan Johnson.

BGIF
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
He is about 280 right now and could easily be over 300 by his sophmore year but he clearly doesnt want to be a DT. In a 3-4 he could be a perfect end like Ethan Johnson.

"Easily over 300" and playing OLB?

He has consistently said he doesn't want to be a DT and he's got the size for DE right now. He seems to have a similar problem to Barr wanting to plays Safety. They both need to start Jenny Craig tonight because they're eating/growing out of their preferred positions regardless of which college they attend.

jason_h537
01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
"Easily over 300" and playing OLB?

He has consistently said he doesn't want to be a DT and he's got the size for DE right now. He seems to have a similar problem to Barr wanting to plays Safety. They both need to start Jenny Craig tonight because they're eating/growing out of their preferred positions regardless of which college they attend.

Kelly seems to see something othercoaches don't because this is the second time he has projected a playerto a position that i just do no get. We need DE's so hopefully he can close the deal with Ferguson because he seems really intrigued. Hopefully Kelly doesnt have the Meyercomplex and just bloes smoke up these kids asses to get them on board

SoJerseyIrish
01-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Camp Kelly would keep the weight down....and he would seem to be ideal for the DE position in a 3-4.

Rizzophil
01-19-2010, 04:16 PM
This is a PM from "IrishinFL." He requested I post it on his behalf. Here you go:

"Well I saw Gene last night, and he said FSU was getting Ego Ferguson, but I had a couple of problems with what he said. First, he was basing this claim solely on the fact that Ego will visit FSU, which proves nothing IMO.

Next, he said that Ego was the #2 ranked DT in the country, which is very strange considering the website he owns, warchant.com, is affiliated with rivals. Rivals has Ego listed as the #3 ranked SDE in the country. This would make me assume that Gene thinks Ego would play DT at FSU, which also strikes me as odd. Ego has said several times that he does not want to play DT. If FSU thinks this, there is no chance that Ego goes to FSU IMO. But what do I know? He's the inside info guy, right?"

IrishInFl
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for posting that, I'm feeling lazy today.

WabashFalcon
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
This is a PM from "IrishinFL." He requested I post it on his behalf. Here you go:

"Well I saw Gene last night, and he said FSU was getting Ego Ferguson, but I had a couple of problems with what he said. First, he was basing this claim solely on the fact that Ego will visit FSU, which proves nothing IMO.

Next, he said that Ego was the #2 ranked DT in the country, which is very strange considering the website he owns, warchant.com, is affiliated with rivals. Rivals has Ego listed as the #3 ranked SDE in the country. This would make me assume that Gene thinks Ego would play DT at FSU, which also strikes me as odd. Ego has said several times that he does not want to play DT. If FSU thinks this, there is no chance that Ego goes to FSU IMO. But what do I know? He's the inside info guy, right?"

I'm more confused now than I was before I read that....

What?

WHAT???

IrishInFl
01-19-2010, 11:01 PM
To sum things up: my source said stuff that sounded like a load of crap. He's just putting FSU spin on this prospect.

WabashFalcon
01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
To sum things up: my source said stuff that sounded like a load of crap. He's just putting FSU spin on this prospect.

Ahhh....

Thank you.

IHateMarkMay
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
So IrishInFla... should we just assume FSU is in the mix for every recruit we want?

(Sarcasm)

IrishInFl
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
So IrishInFla... should we just assume FSU is in the mix for every recruit we want?

(Sarcasm)

I know you just expressed sarcasm (btw, thank you for pointing it out), but if you read my posts with info on ND recruits, all of them include a FSU bias. That's just the territory of the info I get. If I commented on a recruit outside of the state of Florida it would be just speculation from what I read on this site and others. Ferguson is a unique example because he is not from Florida, which I can't remember ever having info on a recruit outside this state.

BGIF
01-20-2010, 12:25 PM
... if you read my posts with info on ND recruits, all of them include a FSU bias. That's just the territory of the info I get. ...

You've made your source and his inherent bias quite clear. Your updates are appreciated. I trust Ego will prove him wrong this time.

IrishInFl
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
You've made your source and his inherent bias quite clear. Your updates are appreciated. I trust Ego will prove him wrong this time.

This is only the second time I disagreed with him. The other was with Jawanza Starling, who I am still bitter that we did not get.

IHateMarkMay
01-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I know you just expressed sarcasm (btw, thank you for pointing it out), but if you read my posts with info on ND recruits, all of them include a FSU bias. That's just the territory of the info I get. If I commented on a recruit outside of the state of Florida it would be just speculation from what I read on this site and others. Ferguson is a unique example because he is not from Florida, which I can't remember ever having info on a recruit outside this state.

Yeah, I know how Florida State fans get about their football and recruits. Thanks for all of the info though.

jason_h537
01-25-2010, 02:37 PM
This kid is now a MUST get. Lost 2 huge DE prospects and Utupo will give us only 1 DE in 2 years.. Who is the backup behind KLM and EJ? anyone?

IrishAddiction
01-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Cwynar? I agree with your post im just throwing a name out there.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Agreed. And Ferguson did want more playing time. Losing two top DE's certainly makes it a lot easier for this kid to play right away.

FightingIrishLover7
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
We need Ferguson badly now... Please come to ND. He should have no problem starting in two years he's almost a lock... He'll have little competition in his class too.

BGIF
02-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Eye on the U | Canes set to make final recruiting push (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2010/01/canes-set-to-make-final-recruiting-push.html?cid=6a00d83451b26169e201287726f93f970c)

1/28 Miami Herald

There is highly-touted defensive tackle Ego Fergusonfrom Hargrave Military Academy, whose father McDonald played at Miami Edison with UM director of football operations Corey Bell. Florida State and Notre Dame are considered the front runners, though, for the 6-4, 270-pound standout who also has Cal and LSU in the mix. He's supposed to announce his decision Wednesday in New York.

Note that this is from Thursday prior to Miami's last recruiting weekend.

BGIF
02-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Ego added another team to his short list, Texas Tech.

IrishAddiction
02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
So according to that, Miami is not on the list...... his father played at Miami Edison at which he had connections to the U through Corey Bell. But Miami isnt in the mix.....

Florida State, Miami's biggest rival is though. Wondering if his dad likes that idea at all if he is a true Miami man.... NSD is going to be huge, in a good way or a bad way, we will all see soon.

Big23Head
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Per ESPN

The Red Raiders join the party since the hiring of Ferguson's coach at Hargrave, Robert Prunty, has taken the job as the d-line coach on Tommy Tuberville's staff. "That's the twist right there," J.R. Ferguson Sr. said. "They've gotten in the mix late, but since they've hired coach Prunty, they're going after J.R. hard."

"Tonight, we're going to sit down and sort out all the categories we've determined are priorities for him. We're going to get things eliminated and organized tonight. The goal is to come into Wednesday in deciding on where he wants to go. It's the most grueling process, and he still has no clue."

NDinL.A.
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
So according to that, Miami is not on the list...... his father played at Miami Edison at which he had connections to the U through Corey Bell. But Miami isnt in the mix.....

Florida State, Miami's biggest rival is though. Wondering if his dad likes that idea at all if he is a true Miami man.... NSD is going to be huge, in a good way or a bad way, we will all see soon.

No, he's still very much considering Miami, as well as TT, FSU, LSU, Cal, and ND...

irish4ever
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Wow, that sure blows! Oh well, as long as the Irish are still in the mix this close to signing day, there's still a decent chance at landing him ( I hope, I hope, I hope)!!!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
This kid is the one who really has everyone guessing. I like our chances here a lot more than with Henderson, Riley, or Jones, but tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

ryno 24
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I really hope we get him, but fsu is so close to home I dont know but at least we put the effort in for him

Brown
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Tomorrow? Don't you mean Wed.?

faithfulfan
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM
This kid is the one who really has everyone guessing. I like our chances here a lot more than with Henderson, Riley, or Jones, but tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

Signing day is Wednesday, not tomorrow.

DomeisourHome
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Why tommorow? NSD is on Wednesday.

bigedefense
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Tomorrow? Don't you mean Wed.?

Maybe Golden is excited to see if Pucsatony Phil see's his shadow

t3hjc
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
GOLDENISTHYTATE is clearly brimming with anticipation over Groundhog Day.

Big23Head
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
11:45AM announcement as of now

WabashFalcon
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Twittling fingers...

FightingIrishLover7
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Crossing fingers... lol

TerryTate
02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Scotch helps pass the time

IHateMarkMay
02-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Scotch helps pass the time

I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch.
mmm mmm mmm.
Here it goes down.
Down into my belly.

I am actually a vodka man myself.

TerryTate
02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I am actually a vodka man myself.

I heard Mark May drinks vodka.

WabashFalcon
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM
How about an NSD drinking game?

1 shot for every non-ND commit.
1 shot for every mention of upside/talent
3 shots for every ND commit.
Gallon of whisky if Matt James commits to O$U.

IrishInFl
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Do you remember the last time you played that drinking game? Epic posts. Go for it dude.

TerryTate
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM

I think I might pee myself in the office

vinnymac2402
02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey wabash i'll join you with the drinking game

WabashFalcon
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm going to have to record NSD then... I gots to go to work tomorrow. Professional development day. Woohoo!

So... I'll pick up at 3:30 pm tomorrow. Or start drinking tonight. Either/or.

vinnymac2402
02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
will start at 4:00 pm

jason_h537
02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
we need him badly. This year started so promising at DE

IrishInFl
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Committed to LSU

TerryTate
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry

irish4ever
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Sorry

Not like Fla., Texas., Auburn and U$C though.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Darn. I was really hoping we'd land this kid

Ironman8
02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
We need to have a big defensive end class next year...

IrishNJ89
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I wasn't never really feeling this signing, Good Luck to him at LSU!

irishandy
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
LSU got a good pick up.