PDA

View Full Version : '10 IN DE Blake Lueders (Stanford Commit)

SoCalDomer
03-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Defensive End
Zionsville, IN; Zionsville HS

Height: 6-5
Weight: 250
Forty: 4.79
Bench Max: 335
Squat Max: 470
Vertical: 32
Shuttle: 4.3
GPA: 4.0

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; Strongside Defensive End (15); Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; Defensive End (18)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:; Defensive End (20), Grade 80

Statistics
Junior: 128 Tackles; 9 For Loss; 3 Sacks; 1 Interception

Offers:
Stanford (Verbal 1/24; OV 1/16)
Notre Dame (Decommit 1/24; Verbal; 6/25)

Purdue
Boston College
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Indiana
Iowa
North Carolina
Northwestern

Links of Interest
Video Interview (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Lueders-has-six-in-mind-49267;_ylt=AvNHylDpMwVtShbmhWVaqRH4161_)

ND Recruiter: Elston (Parmalee)

Decision: 1/24 Stanford

NDinL.A.
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
This is a good kid that we have a real shot at getting. Academics is high on his list. This is what his dad posted on a message board last September about him:

"In the interest of full disclosure, I am Blake Lueders' dad. I thank Mr. Adams and the others for their kind words.

To add to the discussion, I will try to limit myself to facts.

Blake was recently named to the ESPNU-150 national watch list for the class of 2010. There are about 300 kids on that list nationwide. Blake was awarded MVP of the National Underclassmen Combine (NUC) in Indianapolis last May. As can be verified on their website, his 40 yard dash time was 4.79 seconds, his pro-agility (short shuttle) time was 4.3 seconds, and his height, barefoot, is a true 6'5".

At the end of his sophomore year in APC class in school (Advanced Physical Conditioning) his max bench press was 310 lbs, his max squat was 430 lbs, and his max power clean was 265 lbs. He and his team lifted hard this summer and fall, and although he has not yet tested again, we anticipate significant gains in each.

He started each game as varsity fullback his freshmen and sophomore years for Zionsville (class 4A). It plays in the HCC conference where 8 of 9 regulars season opponents are class 5A schools, including great programs like Hamilton Southeastern, Lafayette Jeff, Avon and others. Zionsville's base offense is an I-formation. At fullback in that scheme his primary responsibility was lead blocking, primarily for an excellent tailback, Carson Cramer. Thus, looking at box scores you will not find gaudy rushing statistics for Blake. He has, however, posted 13 touchdowns as an underclassman.

Blake's agility, footwork and hands have be helped by playing basketball both for the high school and the AAU basketball club, Indiana Elite.

Perhaps the greatest compliment that Blake has received was the early offer from Coach Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. Coach Harbaugh's football knowledge and pedigree are impeccable, being third in Heisman trophy balloting, the first round draft pick of the Bears, and on a very short list of those on the Colts' ring of fame at the RCA domes and Lucas field. Stanford is building an impressive program, and their 2009 recruiting class is current ranked as the 11th best football recruiting class in the nation by scout.com.

Blake is being recruited as, and is interested in playing either defensive end or tight end in college.

Finally, while you cannot measure it on a weight scale, Blake has been the fortunate beneficiary of excellent coaching in high school (and before). Head coach Larry McWhorter (a state championship coach) and his staff are great at teaching technique, reads and
fundamentals. More importantly, they instill a great work ethic and moral compass. Blake would not be where he is without them."

Clausen2Kamara
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Looks like a good prospect...His neck are as big as my thighs! Glad he values academics.

irish4ever
03-03-2009, 07:04 AM
It would be nice to consistently land the blue-chip recruits within the state of Indiana. I sure hope that he goes Irish!

irishmarine
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
i think we all do

IrishAddiction
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
irish clearly in the lead, nice article from espn.com. link below. also one that talks about locking up the talent in indiana.

Will Leuders follow his heart? - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4029743&name=Midwest_Recruiting)

Midwest Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Midwest_Recruiting)

GOLDENISTHYTATE
04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
See I read that blog and ESPN story and it makes me nervous. If we are in the lead, it sure sounds like we can easily lose it.

OCIrish
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I didn't read where we're clearly in the lead, but we've certainly got a great shot at landing this kid.

Clausen2Kamara
04-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Still feeling really good with him...

NDinL.A.
04-17-2009, 05:53 PM
He announced his top 6 in an interview:

BC, ND, Stanford, Wake Forest, North Carolina, and Northwestern.

He had nice things to say about all of the schools. He's been to BC already for a camp, and I believe he's there right now for a scrimmage (or maybe it was last Friday). His dad went to Northwestern. He loves the coaches at Stanford and Northwestern, plus the line coach from NC. He said that he always rooted for ND when he was growing up. It sounds like we're clearly in the mix, but I don't think there's a clear leader yet.

AMP: Lueders has six in mind - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/amp-lueders-has-six-in-mind-49267)

NDinL.A.
05-04-2009, 01:09 PM
He's receiving more offers, including one from DickRod, but he just narrowed his list to 5, and hopes to make a decision this summer. ND is in his top 5:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...est_Recruiting

IrishAddiction
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
thanks for the update NDinLA....dont think the link works though, it says the URL doesnt exist and recommends other content on espn.

BGIF
05-05-2009, 01:54 AM
This link works:

Midwest Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Midwest_Recruiting)

I'm down to about 5 schools roughly

Then Lueders noted that the 5 are: SU, BC, NW, ND, and WF.

He did leave the door ajar with the qualifier "roughly".

His choices tend to backup a bona fide emphasis on education.

jason_h537
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the post NDinL.A. read it on ESPN today. Looks like the Irish will be hard to beat for this kid, but starnger things have happened. Says he plans on commiting over summer

jason_h537
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Rivals Jake Brown is reporting that Leuders will make a visit to Notre Dame on Tuesday. He said he wanted to commit before July so hopefully this is good news.

OCIrish
06-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Rivals Jake Brown is reporting that Leuders will make a visit to Notre Dame on Tuesday. He said he wanted to commit before July so hopefully this is good news.

I sure as hell hope so, we can't ever have enough bodies along the DL.

irish4ever
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM

Finger crossed, finger crossed, fingers crossed ......

The Polish Irishman
06-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Is on campus....hope for the best, would be a great fit

BGIF
06-24-2009, 12:12 AM
per Jake Brown IrishIllustrated.com

jason_h537
06-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Kid is keepin things pretty close to the chest. Rivals article didnt give me a good feelin but i like that he brought his dad to meet the coaches. Hope he is Irish cuz we need this kid

BostonND
06-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Scout just reported that he committed to the Irish... no story yet

WabashFalcon
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Scout just reported that he committed to the Irish... no story yet

If you are jerking me off, I will fucking kill you in your sleep.

WabashFalcon
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Where is the report? Link?

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
If you are jerking me off, I will fucking kill you in your sleep.

If I had a dime for everytime.....nevermind. Seriously, that would make this day one of the best early recruiting days in a long time. *crosses fingers*

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I saw in posted on Scout also, an insider article though. SWEET!

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Blake Lueders - Football Recruiting (http://stanford.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=87531&sport=1)

solid verbal!

WabashFalcon
06-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Looks at computer screen while standing on table, preparing noose for Boston ND

Come again?

Steps down, sighs

The taste of murder shall elude me tonight. Time to press our Luc... and make sure Chris doesn't head for the hills.

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
It has to help with Martin, he won't feel so lonely as a DL recruit now.

BGIF
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Lueders visited his 5 shortlisted schools 13 times.

NW 4
ND 3
BC 2
SU 2
WF 2

OhioBlueGold
06-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Irish Illustrated article: IrishIllustrated.com - Lueders goes with Irish (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=959634)

BGIF
06-25-2009, 10:25 PM
It has to help with Martin, he won't feel so lonely as a DL recruit now.

Hendrix's already offered to help reduce Martin's role as Chief Cheerleadr.

Now Lueders can save Martin a trip to Chapel Hill. Lueders went there before he made his short list.

BGIF
06-25-2009, 10:34 PM
According to Rivals profile Lueders has upped his bench from 310 to 335 and his squat from 430 to 470.

He's 2 months from starting his senior year of HS at 6-5 250.

He currently outweights Kerry Neal 246, and is 5 pounds lighter than Richardson and Wade both college Seniors. He's about 15 pounds lighter than KLM and Ryan.

Lueders will arrive on campus as a freshman the size of upper classmen DEs.

Ethan Johnson, now 275, was 265 as a commit. KLM was 225.

Lueders will have the size to play as a freshman.

fitz_bu47
06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Awesome Day!!

The Polish Irishman
06-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice pickup.....awesome...GO IRISH

Junkhead
06-25-2009, 11:05 PM
According to Rivals profile Lueders has upped his bench from 310 to 335 and his squat from 430 to 470.

He's 2 months from starting his senior year of HS at 6-5 250.

He currently outweights Kerry Neal 246, and is 5 pounds lighter than Richardson and Wade both college Seniors. He's about 15 pounds lighter than KLM and Ryan.

Lueders will arrive on campus as a freshman the size of upper classmen DEs.

Ethan Johnson, now 275, was 265 as a commit. KLM was 225.

Lueders will have the size to play as a freshman.

He will have the size, but that isn't all it takes. Look at Braxton Cave for example. Size and strength galore, but lacks experience. Anyway, still an unexpected pickup and outstanding considering the DL recruiting as of late.....

jason_h537
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Great pickup, we need d-lineman. Hope the camp goes as well.

fitz_bu47
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM
On rivals there is a blurb about an elite dt camping at ND, can't read it, anybody know, are they talking about Nix?

Irishlew
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM
On rivals there is a blurb about an elite dt camping at ND, can't read it, anybody know, are they talking about Nix?

Nix will be on a plane Sunday headed for South Bend he will camp at ND early next week.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Keep 'em coming Charlie! Great news! Welcome Blake! Go Irish!

IrishInFl
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Nice news after just getting home from work. Congrats Blake and go Irish!

NDinL.A.
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Nice news after just getting home from work. Congrats Blake and go Irish!

Me too! Just got back from playing futbol, errrr I mean, I just got back from lifting very heavy weights, and this news has me psyched!!! For those of you old enough to remember those C&R commercials...what a difference a day makes (24 little hours)!!! Yesterday 2 horrible bits of news, today 2 fantastic bits of news. (I'm a grown-ass man; I've got to stop following recruiting, LOL!)

Attaboy CW and the fellas, keep 'em coming!

BGIF
06-26-2009, 02:29 AM
He will have the size, but that isn't all it takes.

Which is why I limited the comment to size. I'll wait to see his Senior campaign and how his development continues.

Look at Braxton Cave for example. Size and strength galore, but lacks experience.

Did you really mean to pick Braxton Cave who was on the field Opening Day as a true freshman? He was injured in that game as a LS and didn't play again. OLs tradtionally see the field later than DLs in general. Jeff Faine who was a beast at Center but didn't see the field until his sophomore year. I can't recall an ND Center that started as a freshman.

As for experience what freshman doesn't lack it???

Ross Browner and Willie Fry started at DE as true freshman. Kory Minor was a 4 year starter at DE. Anthony Weaver was a freshman starter at DE. There are more. And lest we forget Ethan Johnson who missed his senior HS season due to an injury but started as a freshman DE.

Lueders may not be able to beat out upperclassman for PT as a freshman but he won't have to sit out like KLM to get size. And like Browner, Fry, Weaver, Minor, and Johnson if he's good enough to play he'll get PT.

As for strength Lueders who is a DE, not an OL like Cave, actually has as good or better numbers than DE Ethan Johnson and OL Trevor Robinson had when they signed as Seniors. Robinson started 3 games as a freshman. Lueders is almost benching as much now as Ian Williams when he signed. Ian who lacked experience started 11 games as a freshman DT.

Lueders still has 8 months to go to LOI day.

Anyway, still an unexpected pickup and outstanding considering the DL recruiting as of late.....

Unexpected pickup???

He was on his 3rd trip to ND. His decision was expected near term. ND was a leader for this kid.

ND has done significantly better at DL in recent years than OT. Yes ND missed on a couple of 5 Star DTs but we brought in a pretty fair haul despite the few who wavered.

jason_h537
06-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Maybe not unexpected but certianly a surprise. I was hoping to see an article on him committing yesterday and instead get the Chris Martin news. Then Michael Jackson dies and im thinking this is some bullshit. I get on the computer and see that Hednrix commited so im excited i get off of work, come home, take a shower. Get online and see Blake Leuders commits and it was awesome. I yelled out LEWDDAASS (like Ludacris yells Luda but with an s at the end). Get used to it now.

BGIF
06-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Maybe not unexpected but certianly a surprise. ...

Ahh, I'll go with what the jason fella reported earlier in this thread. I'll leave you to argue with him.

He beat the July date by 6 days. Who would have thunk it? After only 3 campus visits. What tho the odds?

Irishlew
06-26-2009, 03:07 AM
LMAO

BostonND
06-26-2009, 04:07 AM
I can't decide which is scarier, Blake's neck or WabashFalcon.

acerider8
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Per ESPN.com, Blake has commited. Huge win for ND!

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

Stalking_Eagle
06-26-2009, 07:18 PM
He will have the size, but that isn't all it takes. Look at Braxton Cave for example. Size and strength galore, but lacks experience. Anyway, still an unexpected pickup and outstanding considering the DL recruiting as of late.....

Oh lord......stop! Great pick up

Junkhead
06-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh lord......stop! Great pick up

I didn't mean anything negative.

Jason Pham
07-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Profile updated.

BGIF
07-04-2009, 12:06 PM
ESPN grades Lueders in their 150 Watchlist

BGIF
08-12-2009, 08:57 PM
8/7/09

Scouts Inc: There is plenty of talent that just missed the cut in the first version of the 2010 ESPNU 150 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4379089)

Throughout the coming months, players will move in and out of the ESPNU 150. Here's a list of guys who just missed the cut the first time around but could be poised to make the jump at some point

Defensive end Blake Lueders (Zionsville, Ind./Zionsville)
An athletic big man, Lueders has mainly played out of position at linebacker in high school. His size and skills are better projected for defensive end. He's tough and has physical tools to develop at the next level. Lueders is committed to Notre Dame.

NDinL.A.
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Lueders came to ND on an unofficial visit yesterday, and talked to some of the recruits. Apparently the visit went well, per ISD...

jason_h537
09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Apparently he met Vince Vaughn at the game

Junkhead
09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Apparently he met Vince Vaughn at the game

Is going to decommit now?

WabashFalcon
09-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Is going to decommit now?

"Last practice and this asshoIe
thinks it's the Super Bowl."

"You just summed up
your entire sorry career here...

...in one sentence!

If you had a tenth of Ruettiger's heart,
you'd have made aII-American.

As it is, you just went
from third team to prep team.

Go on, get out of here.
Get me another tailback."

jason_h537
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
"Last practice and this asshoIe
thinks it's the Super Bowl."

"You just summed up
your entire sorry career here...

...in one sentence!

If you had a tenth of Ruettiger's heart,
you'd have made aII-American.

As it is, you just went
from third team to prep team.

Go on, get out of here.
Get me another tailback."

ok. No BS. Did you look that up or is that from memory?

WabashFalcon
09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
I know all of it... I just had to check the spelling on Ruettiger and I didn't want to take a crack at O'Hara? O'Hare?

jason_h537
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
reps. impressive

Polish Leppy 22
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
O'Hare

mick2
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
vaughn is a huge ND fan, in the movie the breakup with jennifer anniston you can see ND cups in a couple scenes.

IHateMarkMay
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
vaughn is a huge ND fan, in the movie the breakup with jennifer anniston you can see ND cups in a couple scenes.

In the beginning photos they were at an ND game... I think.

My kind of guy though, ND game on saturday, Bears game on Sunday. Color me jealous.

jason_h537
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
In the beginning photos they were at an ND game... I think.

My kind of guy though, ND game on saturday, Bears game on Sunday. Color me jealous.

Oh maybe we can color you green with envy

OHHHHHHHHH hitcha with it

see what i did there guys

Yeah i just thought of that

IrishAddiction
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Just accepted invitation to play in army AA bowl. Article from rivals on him link below.

This kid is really underrated..... if his measureables on this thread are true, the kid is an absolute freak for a HS athlete. Just doesnt get the love b/c he is playing HS ball in Indiana.

IrishIllustrated.com - Lueders reaches All-Amercian goal (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1011651)

jason_h537
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Says he is ND with or without Weis

IrishAddiction
11-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Good to hear. If a coach is looking for a program to make himself a college football legend, ND is the place. All the talent in the world is here.

NDinL.A.
12-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Will be visiting this weekend, per ISD...

Big23Head
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Caught this over at Scout about the Army AA game

"Ok. Blake Lueders is an animal. Was asked by other LBs to slow down and not hit so hard. Chris Martin said, "Damn son, you bring the lumber." We need Chris Martin to bring some lumber to South Bend. Leuders is looking like a great player."

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh Big23Head, you certainly know how to bring a smile to my face.

"Blake Leuders sacks Matt Barkley for the ninth time today, this time breaking his cervical"

NDinL.A.
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Per ISD, along with what Big23 said, Leuders was really strong against the run, but struggled in coverage (he's running with the LBs, not the DE's)...

tankdawgirish32
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I think he starts at olb next year like craig roh

The Polish Irishman
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Rumor has it he could be visiting Stanford this month

NDinL.A.
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Scout is reporting it will be the 16th of January. And they feel they have a very good shot at him.

EDIT: Steve Wiltfong says ND is the clear leader, but that Leuders wants a backup plan in case he doesn't gel with the new defensive staff...

fitz_bu47
01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I am prepared to lose some recruits everytime there is a transition, I had fully prepared myself for losing Martin, but I DON'T want to lose Blake!!! I think he will be an animal, anyone w/ a neck that big is a bad-ass.

The Polish Irishman
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Could be he does not see myself as a fit for the 3-4

tko
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
sick feeling developing in the belly. i guess a backup plan w/b to play for Harbaugh who will be there one maybe two more years.

vernfootball1
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
We cant lose lueders, IMO hes the most important person in this class, i just think hes going to turn out to be a monster

neoroks32
01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh Big23Head, you certainly know how to bring a smile to my face.

"Blake Leuders sacks Matt Barkley for the ninth time today, this time breaking his cervical"

the lord is my shepard and he knows what i want

irishandy
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
First Martin, then Hurd, hopefully not Lueders.

mbeckha
01-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Well I figured we would have another few decommits once BK brought in his defensive crew from cinci.

NDinL.A.
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Well I figured we would have another few decommits once BK brought in his defensive crew from cinci.

Crew??? It's 2 defensive coaches from Cincy.

We've lost ONE commit after the coaching change. And that decommit has more to do with a kid wanting to be closer to home and Kelly choosing to not call him than the defensive coaching staff.

So tell me, which decommits do you expect exactly? We'll see of you're right. Here's a hint: Don't say it's Nix, because he met with Kelly today and he was pumped about the visit, and was excited to hear who the defensive 'crew' was.

We'll definitely lose a couple guys, but that happens every year, to EVERY COACH. Ask Petey, ask Liar, shoot, ask Weis. With the change, it might happen more than normal, but we all knew that going in. It's well worth it if the change means more wins on the field. We're also going to get a some guys that weren't even considering ND, and no, they won't be 2 stars. Patience guys...change is a process, not an instant...

jjsccer2
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't think we will lose this guy. Martin was painful to lose in my opinion, but Hurd wasn't that much of a surprise. I didn't even remember who he was when he committed so I didn't feel like he was the most solid of commits. Losing this guy would be tough unless BK can fill his shoes.

Irish.Ca
01-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Still think/hope he's ours. He will do what is right for himself which is most important in the grand scheme. Don't see him hanging out at the beach surfing do you? Besides, he can't get tank tops over his neck so Cali is out! And I hope he told Martin that he's too soft for ND.

jason_h537
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Polian is now recruiting Leuders to Stanford. Kelly better get over to his house because we only have 3 DE's on scholarship and this guy is a beast. Is it too late to bring back Polian?

Polish Leppy 22
01-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Son of a bitch!!!! How did I miss Polian to Stanford?! That sucks. This is the last guy I want to see ND go head to head with simply because

1) he is a bull in recruiting

2) I like the guy

I was wishing him the best in that youngstown st job...now I'm pissed he didn't get it. At least we wouldn't have to recruit and coach against the guy every year

jason_h537
01-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Yes, Polian is now the special teams coach for Harbaugh.

NDinL.A.
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
He makes Stanford harder to beat on the recruiting trail, but easier to beat on the field. :gbanana:

Also, I'm liking what I am reading about the new staff so far. They say all the right things, seem very hungry, and are already heading out on the recruiting trail. If not for ND's stringent background checks, they would have been out there already. They seem ready to work extremely hard, which as I said in another thread, is 90% of recruiting. Polian was a beast on the recruiting trail and turned out to be quite a find (having come to ND without a big name in recruiting). Hopefully the new guys can do the same thing...

BillyIrish
01-06-2010, 09:38 AM
can't blame the kid. We need him though. Gotta get some depth in the trenches. This kid is a beast. Come on Blake!!!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
One of the first things Mike Elston did when he was officially named D-line coach was call Lueders. Hows that for tenacity NDinLA?

DCirishfan
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
losing polian to stanford is really really not good. This is the first I have heard of it and I am relly pissed off, did you hear me??? PISSED OFF!!!

DCirishfan
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
the lord is my shepard and he knows what i want

Friday---nice

jason_h537
01-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Polian is NOT recruiting Leuders. Stanfords D-line coach was recruiting him and he is now on the Florida or Florida St staff i can't remeber. Anyway Elston talked to Leuders and liked what he heard , may not visit Stanford after all. Elston also caled Ego up, this guy is rubbin me the right way so far

IrishAddiction
01-07-2010, 12:59 AM
More great news. Thanks for the update jason.

BGIF
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Per Bob Wieneke SBT 1/6

"I am still committed to Notre Dame. I was playing for a staff I didn't know, and that's a lot of question marks. They made the coaching change and then when coach Kelly told me he wasn't going to announce his staff until this late, I wanted to make sure I had a backup plan just in case I didn't like the staff."

Lueders felt better after talking with ND DLine Coach Mike Elston. They might meet this weekend.

"I had a good talk with him, so that was positive. I'm waiting to meet him in person."

NDinL.A.
01-09-2010, 10:08 PM
He had plans to visit Stanford next weekend, and still tentatively does. But per ISD, he met w/ the ND coaches today (Diaco and Elston) at the ND game, and he said they were great guys and he could tell that they really know their football. Said he still tentatively plans to visit Stanford, but he has to talk it over with is family, and that meeting the coaches today definitely helped things. Good job by the coaches!

Also, he was a beast today at the AA game, and was definitely the better LB over Chris Martin (for today anyways - Martin had a good week of practice). Martin did have one big hit in the 1st, but Lueders was the leading tackler at the half and also had a sack...

Maddog77
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM
FWIW, Christian Lombard also noted during his post game interview that he seriously doubted that Leuders would take his visit to Stanford.

Rizzophil
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM
FWIW, Christian Lombard also noted during his post game interview that he seriously doubted that Leuders would take his visit to Stanford.

Great insight...thank you.

Polish Leppy 22
01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm no fan of negative recruiting, but someone should point out to Leuders that 6.5 quake that hit northern california yesterday...

tko
01-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm no fan of negative recruiting, but someone should point out to Leuders that 6.5 quake that hit northern california yesterday...

someone should also point out there's no fkn way Harbaugh is there in 2 years. stay close to home and help ND rise again. also, allow your parents to drive to your games rather than fly!

FightingIrishLover7
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
This kid looks like the real deal...
Looked very impressive in AA game yesterday.

I'm pretty sure he'll come our way.. I hope anyway.

johnnykillz
01-10-2010, 07:44 PM

LOL!

No doubt. You must have watched some prophecy related movie of sorts. Too funny.

Manti#5
01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
will be visiting Stanford per ISD

NDinL.A.
01-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Let's just hope he pulls a Hendrix...

irishff1014
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Lueders does appear to have a football mind. every clip i have seen about him is good. He doesn't always go for the big hit he makes sure he wraps up and completes the tackle. I would love to have him on the irish roster.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Hopefully he just wants a free trip to the West Coast. Although he could pick somewhere better to visit than the Silicon Valley

irishandy
01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
NDinLA, I agree with you about Lueders pulling a Hendrix, however one thing that is in our disadvantage is that Polian works for the Cardinal staff now.

WabashFalcon
01-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Polian said that he isn't recruiting Lueders...

IrishinSyria
01-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Polian said that he isn't recruiting Lueders...

He might not actively be recruiting him, but his presence at the school is bound to hurt our cause.

jason_h537
01-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Pleassseeee stay Irish Leuders, we need you so much. I wanna yell LEEEWWWWDDAAAAZZZZZZZZ every time you get a sack for us.

tko
01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
bad vibes here

tko
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
and now back to Blake Lueders

BGIF
01-16-2010, 03:02 AM
For the Nellies, Randy Hart former ND DLine Coach has joined Brian Polian on Stanford's staff. Hart will coach - DEs.

tko
01-16-2010, 07:31 AM
hopefully staying close to home and having his parents be able to drive to his games will appeal to him. harbaugh will jump ship imo in the next few years for greener pastures, although the lies will be flowing out of his mouth this weekend that Stanford is his dream job.

BGIF
01-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Blake's trip to Palo Alto looking for coaching stability appears to have encountered a temblor:

Harbaugh Offered by Buffalo Bills<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->FWIW Footballcoachscoop.com

Buffalo Bills: Sources tell us that Stanford Head Coach Jim Harbaugh has been offered their head coaching position.

Harbaugh has been mentioned on the Raiders List and The Changed Lane List. It's a only a matter of time.

Las Vegas doesn't have a line up yet on who will get out of Palo Alto first, Lueders on a commerical flight or Harbaugh on the owner's jet.

"Paging Blake Lueders, Paging Blake Lueders ... "<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

fitz_bu47
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Anybody have an update following his Stanford trip?

NDinL.A.
01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
He was going to be there from Saturday until today. So if he talks we'll probably hear from him tomorrow or maybe tonight...

BGIF
01-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Supposedly Stanford got 3 verbals from the weekend visitors, Lueders was NOT one of the three. This is peripheral info but all that I've found so far.

WabashFalcon
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Supposedly Stanford got 3 verbals from the weekend visitors, Lueders was NOT one of the three. This is peripheral info but all that I've found so far.

Begins jerking off like wild monkey...

BGIF
01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
NeuteredDoomer

I moved your comments on the Bills Coaching situation to a thread set up for that topic.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/other-college-football/51104-harbaugh-offered-buffalo-bills.html

It's not germaine to Lueders situation at this point.

NeuteredDoomer
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
NeuteredDoomer

I moved your comments on the Bills Coaching situation to a thread set up for that topic.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/other-college-football/51104-harbaugh-offered-buffalo-bills.html

It's not germaine to Lueders situation at this point.

No need to explain Boss.

How does LuederedDomer sound?

BGIF
01-18-2010, 08:12 PM
No need to explain Boss.

How does LuederedDomer sound?

Sounds like you need to explain it to his mom before she makes him decommit.

On second thought you explaining anything ...

NeuteredDoomer
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm telling you, it's the keyboard.

irishandy
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Is Frank Verducci going to also join the Stanford staff?? Any updates w/ Lueders??

jason_h537
01-18-2010, 11:47 PM
No updates yet but Kelly will make a in home visit on Tuesday

tko
01-21-2010, 06:54 AM
anything out of the Lueders camp? i don't like the silence on this guy.

fitz_bu47
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Please Blake, resolidify your commitment...after Barr I can't stand to lose this guy....Nix, Lueders, and Barr are my favorite in this class, I will be o.k. w/ 2 out of 3.

calvegas04
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
another ND site is reporting that Stanford has won over this kid... I hope they are wrong tho =(

irishandy
01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope that ND site is wrong. Lueders is a huge need for us. Decommitting has been the storyline of this class...

tko
01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
he really wants to play for Harbaugh for one year before he jumps to another job i guess. kelly will get it done and with wins, we'll get these kids in the future.

irishandy
01-21-2010, 09:56 PM
So Lueders is gone??
Hope Kelly know's he has to get a lot of W's.

tko
01-21-2010, 09:58 PM
So Lueders is gone??
Hope Kelly know's he has to get a lot of W's.

that's the chatter

WabashFalcon
01-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Lord knows its chatter. Especially when PEOPLE FREAKING POST CRITICAL INFORMATION AND DON'T INCLUDE A FU*KING LINK!

ACamp1900
01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
he really wants to play for Harbaugh for one year before he jumps to another job i guess. kelly will get it done and with wins, we'll get these kids in the future.

hate to be the mood killer but I remember people saying that when ty first started in regards to D line recruits... I remember people saying that with CW when we lost Hunter, trattou and the like and now here we are...

we are never going to solve this problem (lack of D line talent) until we win big and long term but the bad part is we will prob. never win big and long term until we solve the D line problem....

more than any other issue ND has had over the past decade this is at the core of it all... This loss kills us just like all the others... sucks bad

irishandy
01-21-2010, 10:09 PM
makes me wonder who else will decommit from this class......

IrishJayhawk
01-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Decommitting has been the storyline of this class...

Disagree. The storyline has been how many guys have stayed with this coaching change. And we're continuing to pursue and add others.

Let's give this one until NSD to be upset. We still have a top 15 class.

BGIF
01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
makes me wonder who else will decommit from this class......

omg, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Talk about rumor mongers corraborating each other trying to start a stampede.

The original poster was asked for a LINK, source, attribution and supplied nothing. YOU said I hope it isn't true and then adopt it as fact. Learn to read andy.

Players may decommit. ND's picked up several that decommitted from someone else. The Ferguson buzz could have an effect on Leuders.

Andy, if you're going to keep this hissy fit crap up for the next 13 days you will be earning yourself a mandated vacation from this site.

HereComeTheIrish
01-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Disagree. The storyline has been how many guys have stayed with this coaching change. And we're continuing to pursue and add others.

Let's give this one until NSD to be upset. We still have a top 15 class.

^^^^^^ I knew I liked this guy. Well done, Lad.

The Polish Irishman
01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Sounds like the switch to the 3-4 has hurt us with Lueders. He probably just wants to play end as he excels as a puss rusher and against the run, but not so much in coverage.

GoIrish41
01-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Sounds like the switch to the 3-4 has hurt us with Lueders. He probably just wants to play end as he excels as a puss rusher and against the run, but not so much in coverage.

No reason he couldn't still play end. He's 250 coming out of HS. He could be 280 as a soph -- perfect size for a 3-4 DE, IMHO.

mick2
01-22-2010, 09:46 AM

i am quite the Puss rusher as well.

tko
01-22-2010, 09:55 AM
i am quite the Puss rusher as well.

amen brother

SoJerseyIrish
01-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Has it been confirmed he is leaning towards Stanford right now? I haven't seen anything official.

Also, Harbaugh is being talked about for so many jobs, where there is smoke there is fire.

Finally, I am not an expert on defense but 3-4 DE or a 3-4 Rush LB sure does get after the QB quite a bit, I fail to see why this kid doesn't want to give it a shot.

But, the girls and weather in Cali are much nicer than SB so hey......I don't know if I can blame him

Big23Head
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Nothing is confirmed. The only thing I have seen is from Scout and as of now they all think he will choose ND.

NDinL.A.
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
The tone from the ISD mods is much more pessimistic, but that's just based more on feel than actual facts. He's not talking...

johnnykillz
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
No need for pessimism on this board. We are ND. Our coach is a leader. His methods are proven. Regardless of draft class we will prevail. Lueders is a studly highschool kid. In college ball, he'll play well. He'll need development. He can get that at ND. His destiny is at ND.

Every prospect in this draft class should realize the potential they have to be part of something special. Every kid committing to ND may be the class defining ND's rise to prominence once again. If I had that opportunity to leave my mark on a cornerstone such as this, I would.

All recruits should be reminded of this opportunity. It would be the greatest story to tell grandchildren in fifty years and would be spoken of in 100 years...

HereComeTheIrish
01-22-2010, 06:44 PM
No need for pessimism on this board. We are ND. Our coach is a leader. His methods are proven. Regardless of draft class we will prevail. Lueders is a studly highschool kid. In college ball, he'll play well. He'll need development. He can get that at ND. His destiny is at ND.

Every prospect in this draft class should realize the potential they have to be part of something special. Every kid committing to ND may be the class defining ND's rise to prominence once again. If I had that opportunity to leave my mark on a cornerstone such as this, I would.

All recruits should be reminded of this opportunity. It would be the greatest story to tell grandchildren in fifty years and would be spoken of in 100 years...

Plus, we have Longo!!!

neoroks32
01-23-2010, 08:11 AM
now that something brian kelly should say at a press conference, spoken like true fan and coach

tko
01-23-2010, 08:34 AM
the suspense is killing me for all these guys. i have faith in kelly, though, to develop who we have and who we get. i like our staff's continuity and i think we'll see a much improved product. stanford is a great school in a beautiful location, but if Lueders is looking for staff stability i don't see the Cardinal as the answer. i would bet the farm Harbaugh will be gone in 2 yrs.

BearGB
01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
the suspense is killing me for all these guys. i have faith in kelly, though, to develop who we have and who we get. i like our staff's continuity and i think we'll see a much improved product. stanford is a great school in a beautiful location, but if Lueders is looking for staff stability i don't see the Cardinal as the answer. i would bet the farm Harbaugh will be gone in 2 yrs.

Ohh... nice. A Stanford pun. Ha ha!

choo choo
01-24-2010, 12:49 AM
this one scares me fellas...he would be a big get for us

Irish4Life09
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
i just got a message from isd,saying leuders decommitted and committed to stanford.
are all of these guys just fitting into kelly's system? or is he not a good recruiter?

HereComeTheIrish
01-24-2010, 09:32 PM
i just got a message from isd,saying leuders decommitted and committed to stanford.
are all of these guys just fitting into kelly's system? or is he not a good recruiter?

They say the same thing over on NDNation. 2 of the pay sites are confirming it.

Polish Leppy 22
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM

I'd say it's system. Out of the entire class it'd be a mircale to keep all of them. Martin was gone a long time ago, so I don't even count him. Look in cases of Shembo, Moore, Hendrix...all those guys talked about and even did look elsewhere, but ended up sticking with ND.

Most of this year's class seems to like BK's energy and enthusiasm. It's just damn near impossible to come in as head coach in December and not lose anyone

Irish.Ca
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Gio first today and now Blake, Sunday Bloody Sunday! Come back blake, we want you to goon our opposition, not us. Harbaulls won't be there when you graduate so what is the point?

Irish4Life09
01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd say it's system. Out of the entire class it'd be a mircale to keep all of them. Martin was gone a long time ago, so I don't even count him. Look in cases of Shembo, Moore, Hendrix...all those guys talked about and even did look elsewhere, but ended up sticking with ND.

Most of this year's class seems to like BK's energy and enthusiasm. It's just damn near impossible to come in as head coach in December and not lose anyone

i realize how difficult it must be to come in as the coach when he did and recruit.there is absolutely no denying that.
but this kid just took a visit with kelly and decided to decommit.that worries me a little.
i really like kelly a lot.maybe the guys he has arent necessarily fit to work in his system,only he really knows that.
next year will be the real first true test on his recruiting abilities.

Junkhead
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
That sucks, but what can you do?

NDBCSChamps
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
i realize how difficult it must be to come in as the coach when he did and recruit.there is absolutely no denying that.
but this kid just took a visit with kelly and decided to decommit.that worries me a little.
i really like kelly a lot.maybe the guys he has arent necessarily fit to work in his system,only he really knows that.
next year will be the real first true test on his recruiting abilities.

Why would the visit by Kelly worry you? If Leuders didn't connect with him so be it. I'm sure there were tons of kids that didn't necessarily connect with or like CW, difference is they eliminated us early in the process so it wasn't as big a deal. I think once Kelly can stop worrying about saving this class and actually start building relationships with the next class you'll see guys excited to play for him. If not then they won't be seriously recruited very long.

johnnykillz
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I tell you what you can do: Look forward to Lueders getting pancaked a few dozen times in his next 4-5 years of college ball in games against ND.

Should he make the wrong decision and void his warranty/destiny, he will live to regret his decision. Either way god bless the kid.

Remember Faith>fear. Amen.

hamiljar
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
This is a loss to this class but I really want players that want to be
at Notre Dame. I wonder if he thinks that he would not fit in a 3-4
defense. If so than maybe he should not come to ND. Lets go get
some defensive players that want to be here.

GO Irish!!!!!!!

IrishJayhawk
01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
That sucks, but what can you do?

Right on. Damn.

WabashFalcon
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Ouch.

Dear God... please Mr Henderson... come to South Bend...

I Dont Miss Charlie
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Ouch.

Dear God... please Mr Henderson... come to South Bend...
Its too late for that.

I cant believe BL would switch for Stanford but with Harbaugh saying hes going to stay until the Chargers job opens up I think they might be successfful this year in recruiting.

Is it true Brian Polian was hired at Stanford? I heard he was rumored to go to Stanford not sure if it is official yet.

BGIF
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Hurts in a lot of ways. I can rationalize losing a Florida or California kid. This is an Indiana kid. One from the backyard.

I Dont Miss Charlie
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Hurts in a lot of ways. I can rationalize losing a Florida or California kid. This is an Indiana kid. One from the backyard.

So who makes up for this loss?

Spond?
James?

phork
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Transition years suck. Be happy we haven't lost more.

BGIF
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Its too late for that.

I cant believe BL would switch for Stanford but with Harbaugh saying hes going to stay until the Chargers job opens up I think they might be successfful this year in recruiting.

Is it true Brian Polian was hired at Stanford? I heard he was rumored to go to Stanford not sure if it is official yet.

Polian and the former ND DL coach Randy Hart both joined Harbaugh's staff. Lueders probably knows more coaches on the Stanford staff than ND's.

NeuteredDoomer
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
DoomeredLueder

BGIF
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
So who makes up for this loss?

Spond?
James?

In my mind only Ferguson.

Losing Martin, Barr, and Lueders leaves a dearth of bodies to fill at DE.

BGIF
01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
1/24

Four-star prospect Blake Lueders (Zionsville, Ind.) has decommitted from Notre Dame and is now headed to Stanford, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports. Lueders officially visited the Cardinal over the weekend of Jan. 16th. Notre Dame defensive line coach Mike Elston paid him an in-home visit last Wednesday. Lueders, who originally committed to former head coach Charlie Weis, took his official visit to South Bend in October. Northwestern, Boston College, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Purdue, Indiana, Kentucky, Iowa, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia Tech also extended scholarship offers to the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder. Lueders was named Indiana's Mr. Football as a senior. He registered 93 tackles, three fumble recoveries and one interception while also scoring five touchdowns. Lueders missed the season-opener due to bilateral hernia surgery.

dyrtdogg
01-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Well, this sucks, but I do wish Leuders the best. This isn't the staff that he commited to and not the defensive system that he anticipated being in, so this is a decision that I can't get angry about. Disappointed, yes; angry, no.

irish4ever
01-25-2010, 08:29 AM
This one hurts .... need to shore up that D line!

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
01-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, this sucks, but I do wish Leuders the best. This isn't the staff that he commited to and not the defensive system that he anticipated being in, so this is a decision that I can't get angry about. Disappointed, yes; angry, no.

I feel the same.

Ben E.
01-25-2010, 09:56 AM
at 6-5 the guy must have seen himself as 4-3 de and not a 3-4 olb. oh well but it sounds like he wasnt going to fit anyways. good luck being on the field for 3/4ths of the game as stanfords entire offense/gerhardt has graduated!

fitz_bu47
01-25-2010, 10:12 AM
This blows, love this kid, losing him and guys like Hurst from Indiana sucks big time....Throw in Chicago and Prater, hopefully in the future the new staff can lock down the home turf.

TerryTate
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Anger sharks are swimming...

Can't blame the kid for not wanting to spend 4 more years in Indiana. Hopefully we can start getting some talent on our D - Line in the near future (Ego/Gaston), but I'm not holding my breath to fill those needs in this recruiting class. BK will make a strong push, but it may be too late to sway their opinions.

ACamp1900
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Notre Dame D line recruiting has become Manson Family Christmas meets Ground hogs day...

unreal.

WabashFalcon
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Anger sharks are swimming...

Can't blame the kid for not wanting to spend 4 more years in Indiana. Hopefully we can start getting some talent on our D - Line in the near future (Ego/Gaston), but I'm not holding my breath to fill those needs in this recruiting class. BK will make a strong push, but it may be too late to sway their opinions.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH INDIANA????

TerryTate
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH INDIANA????

Haha, really?

Edit: In relation to South Bend:
- 5 months of no direct sunlight
- Smell of ethanol all winter
- Women resort to insulating themselves with sweats and fat reserves
- Booming nightlife...
- Cars are really safe places to keep valuables...

- Now, if I were to generalize Indiana - it's flat, bleak, lots of cornfields, terrible drivers, RV Capital of the world?

Most beautiful sight in the state - "80/90 West - Chicago"
Worst sight in the state "80/90 East - Ohio"

People from the midwest, however, are 100 times nicer than the people out East.
No disrespect intended.

Disclaimer: I'm originally from CT/NJ areas.

IrishAddiction
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow. This really blows. Nobody should be judging kelly until NSD, and even then they really shouldnt be throwing stones.

Give the man a full football season and a full recruiting cycle before you throw stones. Leuders didnt feel like he was a fit for the system.

It happens with new coaches..... Trattou comes to mind when corwin came to SB w/ his 3-4 four system.

Kelly currently has the task of keeping guys on board that possible dont fit his system(Lueders) that were offered by another coach for another system. Give the guy time. Next year, we will get the players that fit here and that want to be here.

Henderson, James, Spond, Massa, Ioane, Ferguson...... all big names still out there with ND on the list.....that is still 3 defensive players we have a legit shot at before NSD.

jason_h537
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
This sucks. I had high hopes for lewdaaaz. Wish him the best at Stanford.

Don't worry guys we will offer more WR's and coach up the d-line

IrishAddiction
01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Haha, really?

Edit: In relation to South Bend:
- 5 months of no direct sunlight
- Smell of ethanol all winter
- Women resort to insulating themselves with sweats and fat reserves
- Booming nightlife...
- Cars are really safe places to keep valuables...

First off...... negative reps.

Booming nightlife- Yes, you are correct, if the players only goal is to get drunk everynight and drop out of college, ND is not the place to come.

Women actually dress very classy around the Our Lady of the Lakes campus.... its now bad to show you have some class?

Cars are really safe places to keep valuables.... So Indiana people help each other, dont steal from neighbors, and thats bad? Everyone should just move to California or Florida and get all their shit stolen.

Overall, just a dumb post Terry. Leuders left b/c he felt he didnt fit the system, not because of the Indiana winters. He grew up here. Quit trying to give the university a negative reputation, when it offers more than any other university in the country.

TerryTate
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
First off...... negative reps.

Booming nightlife- Yes, you are correct, if the players only goal is to get drunk everynight and drop out of college, ND is not the place to come.

Women actually dress very classy around the Our Lady of the Lakes campus.... its now bad to show you have some class?

Cars are really safe places to keep valuables.... So Indiana people help each other, dont steal from neighbors, and thats bad? Everyone should just move to California or Florida and get all their shit stolen.

Overall, just a dumb post Terry. Leuders left b/c he felt he didnt fit the system, not because of the Indiana winters. He grew up here. Quit trying to give the university a negative reputation, when it offers more than any other university in the country.

Relax chief. This was a joke to go off of Wabash's comment. I wasn't saying "these are the reasons he didn't choose ND." In fact, if this is how he rationalized his decision, I don't think he'd qualify academically for either school. So, on that note, high school football players do (god forbid...) look at the nightlife when making decisions. I think most students look at the nightlife of South Bend. Just because you go to bars does not mean you fail out of school. And I hate to break it to you, but your beloved football players attend bars quite frequently notably CJ's, Finny's, and Fever - and I'm happy they do go to bars and enjoy themselves.

Secondly, I don't know what scenery you've been looking at, but my four years at ND did not include classy women roaming the Our Lady of the Lakes campus (really?). This, again, was supposed to be a joke. And I'll go out on a limb here and say that there are more attractive girls at Florida / Texas / USC (sorry), and I'm sure high school seniors talk about things like that. Quality vs. Quantity argument is another topic.

I think 90% of my friends who lived off campus (including myself) had their cars broken into. I thought maybe pointing out an issue known by everyone that lived off campus would be funny.

Good points though, Irish.

IrishAddiction
01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Fair enough, but i will again say, there is a great need for sarcasm font on the internet. Positive reps back at ya for clearing the air.

BGIF
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football: Lueders drops Irish (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100124/SPORTS13/100129697/1021/Sports)

By Jim Meehan South Bend Tribune

1/24

A late full-court press by Stanford in its recruitment of Blake Lueders paid off. Lueders' father, Dan Lueders, verified Sunday night that his son, Blake, has changed his commitment from Notre Dame to Stanford.

There were "multifactors," in the decision, Dan Lueders said. "There is no simple answer."

"He just had (Stanford coaches) Brian Polian and Randy Hart in his house (Sunday)," Lemming said. "Along with Jim Harbaugh they were coming (Sunday)."

Notre Dame and Stanford have been in a bit of a tug of war throughout the recruiting season with the Irish outdueling the Cardinal for wide receiver Tai-ler Jones, safety Chris Badger and offensive lineman Tate Nichols away from the Cardinal

More at the link.

irishandy
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Good pick up for Stanford.

BGIF
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Lueders visited Stanford on the weekend of 1/16.

ND DL coach Mike Elston made an inhome visit on 1/20.

Stanford countered with an inhome visit from former ND coaches Brian Polian and Randy Hart, currently SU DL Coach, AND Head Coach Jim Harbaugh.

While Mike Elston was in the Lueders home, ND Head Coach Mike Kelly and 3 ND assistant coaches were watching Dietrich's Riley basketball game.

irishandy
01-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I think having Polian and Hart helped Stanford get Lueders.

IrishJayhawk
01-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I think having Polian and Hart helped Stanford get Lueders.

Looks like Polian lied about not recruiting any ND guys this year.

irish4ever
01-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Looks like Polian lied about not recruiting any ND guys this year.

Bastard!

fitz_bu47
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Just read a knew article on Rivals, and so much for him leaving because he wanted to be 4-3 d-end, he is going to play Middle Linebacker at Stanford or at least that is the lie they told him.

HawaiianIrish
01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
If he does play middle lb for the cardinal Shaq Floyd Kamara Toma Rudolph and company will have a field day tourching him for tds!!

jonesman
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
If they told him MLB, Harbaugh has started using the Urban Liar book of recruiting tactics. There is no way on this earth that this kid will be a MLB at the college level. He is just way too big and slow.

BGIF
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football recruiting: Weis firing didn't totally sway Lueders (http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100125/SPORTS13/100129624/1021/Sports)
Jim Meehan 1/22

I went out to Stanford on my official visit and, overall, I just thought it was a better fit for me. I thought I would have a better experience there. Even with Weis there, I would have still liked Stanford better. But with Weis leaving, it kind of pushed me into taking another visit. If I had taken that visit, even with Weis there, I think I probably still would have gone to Stanford.

BearGB
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I know this is not a big deal, but sometimes the fact-checking on the ESPN Rumors site is ridiculous. Here's the blurb on Leuders switching:

"No. 11 DE Blake Lueders decommitted from Notre Dame yesterday and is going to become a Cardinal, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reported.

Lueders, a ESPNU 150 recruit, committed to the Irish back before Charlie Weis' departure. And it's a great get for Stanford that may take their top-15 class up yet another notch.

For Notre Dame, that now leaves them with just one ESPNU 150 recruit in wide receiver Tai-ler Jones."

Wait, really? Can I hear a "Louis Nix?" Yup, the guy who you wrote so much about in your UA game?

Link: College Football Rumors - Rumor Central -NCAA - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors?date=20100125)