PDA

View Full Version : '10 GA DT Denzel McCoy (GA Tech Verbal)

Irishlew
02-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Defensive tackle
Duluth (GA) Northview

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 275 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)
40: 5.00

Star Ratings
Rivals: N/A
Scout: N/A

Rankings and Accolades
N/A

Statistics
Sophomore: 57 TKL ~ 9 TFL ~ 3 Sacks

Schools of Interest

Alabama
Auburn
California
Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
LSU
Maryland
Miami
Michigan State
North Carolina
N.C. State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Penn State
South Carolina
Stanford
Tennessee

Multimedia
N/A

Irishlew
02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Grew up a Notre Dame fan and Rivals really likes our chances with this guy.

also...the Irish should get a boost from McCoy's connection with receiver Tai-ler Jones, whose father Andre Jones was a two-year starting linebacker for Notre Dame and played on the 1988 national championship team. McCoy and Jones attended the same school for four years before the receiver moved.

he may be in town for the B/G game.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
So, we should get a boost because of his connection with Tai-ler Jones. Does that mean we should land Jones? I hope so. Go Irish!

IHateMarkMay
02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I love that all the late 80's players' kids are now graduating... loving it.

OCIrish
02-24-2009, 11:21 PM
I love that all the late 80's players' kids are now graduating... loving it.

If only there were a little Zorich.

irish4ever
02-25-2009, 07:27 AM
If only there were a little Zorich.

Even better yet .... a BIG little Zorich!

irishmarine
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
thats great news and with charlie leading the recruiting charge on this one it gets my hopes a little higher

NDinL.A.
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, when CW takes over the recruitment of a kid you know he wants him badly. McCoy says that Notre Dame is coming after him hard, probably the hardest of all the schools recruiting him. Still going to be a tough pull from GT, a local school who he saw play live plenty of times last year, but we have as good a shot as anybody from everything I read on this kid. Obviously, we need defensive lineman, so this would be a nice get for us...

OCIrish
02-26-2009, 11:33 PM
With him being a fan growing up, I would think our chances are better than good.

Irishlew
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
With him being a fan growing up, I would think our chances are better than good.

this kid can quote Rudy word for word...not joking.

IHateMarkMay
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, he liked GT... but I am sure he liked Tenuta too... He was a demi-God down there it seemed like.

The Polish Irishman
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
He has been talking to C. Martin and asked why he choose ND and is hinting that is is come to the Spring Game.

IrishInFl
04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
He has been talking to C. Martin and asked why he choose ND and is hinting that is is come to the Spring Game.

Martin already seems to be doing work for the Irish as a recruiter. This is great to have someone so enthusiastic about ND.

OCIrish
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
It's great to see someone like C. Martin recruiting for us as well. I'm very impressed with Chris, not only his skills, but his off-field demeanor as well. I really hope to land McCoy, and with Martin's help, I think this should only help our chances.

The Polish Irishman
04-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I am going to predict he is Irish at the end of the month...just a feeling

Clausen2Kamara
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I like what I am hearing from you guys! I just think Martin with his rating has got a lot of recruits attention. Great players want to play with great players. Hopefully he will have a Clausen like effect on D this year.

NDinL.A.
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I saw on 2 different recruiting sites that McCoy is a very good bet to come to the Spring game, w/ his parents as opposed to coming w/ good buddy Tailer Jones' parents. The fact that he's coming w/ his parents now, and that he really likes CW and all the personal attention he's received from CW, plus the fact that he's close to fellow recruit Jones, plus that he's talking to Martin about ND, means we have a helluva shot here at getting a commitment sooner rather than later.

Currently a 3 * on Scout, and a 5.8 on Rivals (roughly 4 star), he's getting a lot of attention from CW from a 'low' recruit. Staff must see something good to be after him so hard. Hopefully he's Irish...

DirtySecret
04-03-2009, 01:08 AM
I saw on 2 different recruiting sites that McCoy is a very good bet to come to the Spring game, w/ his parents as opposed to coming w/ good buddy Tailer Jones' parents. The fact that he's coming w/ his parents now, and that he really likes CW and all the personal attention he's received from CW, plus the fact that he's close to fellow recruit Jones, plus that he's talking to Martin about ND, means we have a helluva shot here at getting a commitment sooner rather than later.

Currently a 3 * on Scout, and a 5.8 on Rivals (roughly 4 star), he's getting a lot of attention from CW from a 'low' recruit. Staff must see something good to be after him so hard. Hopefully he's Irish...

I mean the offers from so many big school says he's a big player. I don't understand why his home state hasn't offer him yet. Wish I could see some highlights.

irish4ever
04-03-2009, 08:08 AM
I mean the offers from so many big school says he's a big player.

Agreed! 6'4" 275lb lineman with an offer list like he has currently has to speak volumes of his football abilities!

IrishInFl
04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Agreed! 6'4" 275lb lineman with an offer list like he has currently has to speak volumes of his football abilities!

It could also mean that this is a down year for DT, as I only noticed 3 on the Rivals 100 list.

DirtySecret
04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
It could also mean that this is a down year for DT, as I only noticed 3 on the Rivals 100 list.

That can also be said about quarterbacks, but Rivals thinks otherwise. Wait until their senior season gets into play..

Irish52
04-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm liking Chris Martin more and more with each new posting on him. Can't wait to see in Irish B&G. He will be a difference maker.

SoCalDomer
04-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Verbal to Georgia tech

NDinL.A.
04-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Verbal to Georgia tech

Sooooooo, is he coming for the Spring Game or not? LOL

Damn, that sucks. Here's the link, nice article, seems to be a good kid:

Scout.com: Scout 300 DT McCoy Commits to Tech (http://georgiatech.scout.com/2/853576.html)

ACamp1900
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Not syaing we are getting him, but I'd be suprised if he stays a GT verb through the entire process

OCIrish
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Piss!!!!!!!! I was really hoping we were going to land him.

Junkhead
04-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm still counting on another DT from Georgia committing to the Irish. His name rhymes with Homar Unter.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
04-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Good luck to him. Now if we get his teammate Tai-ler maybe he will rethink it all haha.

Rocket's Rocket Fan
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm still counting on another DT from Georgia committing to the Irish. His name rhymes with Homar Unter.

I've heard he is coming to the spring game.