PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL DB LaMarcus Joyner (FSU Verbal)

NDinL.A.
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
'10 FL DB LaMarcus Joyner
Fort Lauderdale, FL St Thomas Acquinas

Ht: 5-8
Wt: 166
Forty: 4.34
Bench: 275
Squat: 405
Vertical: 36.5
GPA: 2.5
TEST: April

Rankings
Rivals :s::s::s::s::s:, #1 CB, Rating 6.1
Scout :s::s::s::s::s:, #2 CB
ESPN :s::s::s::s::s:, #1 CB, Grade 87

Offers
Ohio State (OV 9/11)
Florida
FSU (OV 11/20)

Notre Dame (OV 10/16)
Alabama
Auburn
Boston College
California
Georgia
Illinois
Miami
Michigan State
Mississippi
N.C. State
Rutgers
South Florida
Tennessee
UCLA
USC
West Virginia
UCF

Decision: 12/9/09 FSU

NDinL.A.
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
*He's one of the top players in FL. A bit small but lightning quick.

*He has offers from the top schools in the nation, including the top 3 FL schools.

*He will be a tough to pull from FL, but he has ND in his top 5, along with Ohio State, and the big 3 FL schools. This from ESPN.com:

Class of 2010 ESPNU 150 Watch Lister Lamarcus Joyner told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "It's so hard, so many great programs, but I can break my top five down to you, you've got Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, Miami and Notre Dame. They have all offered."

Joyner believes he could grow as a person at Notre Dame, loves Ohio State's success as a program and the number of defensive backs the Buckeyes have placed in the NFL, called Florida "the number one program in the nation right now", described Florida State as his childhood dream school, and would love to represent his hometown with the Hurricanes.

Clausen2Kamara
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Will be a tough pull but time will tell

fightinirish68
02-16-2009, 04:36 PM
he may be small but so is alphonso smith from wake forrest and that guys big play all day

phork
02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
"Dream" schools are just that... These kids ideas are, for the most part, "How can I get myself prepared and trained to get to the NFL" the fastest? #1 Good program, that says Florida. #2 History in that position, clearly favouring OSU. I think if ND can pull it together this year they would be in the top 3 with those schools. FSU and Miami are on the outside looking in imo.

irishmarine
02-16-2009, 10:41 PM
this year is goinjg to be very importasnt for recruiting. it could make this class number one or number 10.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Our chances of landing this kid just got a lot better. He is transfering to St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, home of current ND players Sam Young, Dan Wenger, Jordan Cowart, and Ben Turk. Also, we have offers to 3 Thomas Aquinas players right now - CB Cody Riggs, OC Brandon Linder, and most likely RB Giovanni Bernard. I would take all four. This is what Weis needs to do. Put the fences up around Catholic schools that produce tons of D-1 talent. We need to do this with Mater Dei, Servite, and SD Cathedral Catholic in California.

wicket
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
i just read that sta produced 40 D1 players over the last four years, sick

IrishInFl
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I think I read somewhere that STA was the #1 ranked team in the country? Is this true? If so, it sure is nice to have that school as a pipeline!

irishmarine
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
hopefully it can continue to feed into us

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Last year STA was the number one HS football team in the country and consistently place in the top 10. A welcomed pipeline indeed!

IrishInFl
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Is the STA QB any good? Should we give him an offer?

nd1988
02-20-2009, 07:56 AM
I think I read somewhere that STA was the #1 ranked team in the country? Is this true? If so, it sure is nice to have that school as a pipeline!

My brother-n-laws live down in Palm Beach, FL..... Let me tell you guys and gals something..... Football is HUGE down there. The both of them are going to be freshman in high school and they're currently enrolled in a speed and conditioning program. One reminds me of a Urlacher and the other is a Pat White type QB....Simply unreal............ Here I am 28 years old playing football with those kids getting burnt.......

As far as this recruit goes......too short....

fightinirish68
02-20-2009, 09:04 AM
My brother-n-laws live down in Palm Beach, FL..... Let me tell you guys and gals something..... Football is HUGE down there. The both of them are going to be freshman in high school and they're currently enrolled in a speed and conditioning program. One reminds me of a Urlacher and the other is a Pat White type QB....Simply unreal............ Here I am 28 years old playing football with those kids getting burnt.......

As far as this recruit goes......too short....

alphonso smith is 5'9 and hes about to be one of the first corners taken in the draft
steve smith is 5'9 and everyone knows how good he is.
drew brees is 5'9
todd pinkston is 6'3 in the nfl...and he still sucks. so size isnt the main factor.

wicket
02-20-2009, 11:21 AM
alphonso smith is 5'9 and hes about to be one of the first corners taken in the draft
drew brees is 5'9
todd pinkston is 6'3 in the nfl...and he still sucks. so size isnt the main factor.

drew brees aint 5'9 he is 6.0 and a half but still short yeah

fightinirish68
02-20-2009, 01:45 PM
yeah i made up the drew brees one to add another short player haha. flutie was short like 5'9-5'10 ish

nd1988
02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
drew brees is 5'9

I mean after all minnie mead is famous too..

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Steve Smith is actually 5'7, and if you want to name short guys doing well in the NFL: Wes Wlker (5'9), Maurice Jones-Drew(5'7), Darren Sproles (5'8), Leon Washington (5'8), etc. Needless to say, if height is the only thing limiting Joyner, I say awesome haha.

IHateMarkMay
02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Hopefully he has napoleon syndrome and takes it out on wide receivers.

fightinirish68
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Steve Smith is actually 5'7, and if you want to name short guys doing well in the NFL: Wes Wlker (5'9), Maurice Jones-Drew(5'7), Darren Sproles (5'8), Leon Washington (5'8), etc. Needless to say, if height is the only thing limiting Joyner, I say awesome haha.

nfl.com has him 5'9 because a friend and i argued this same thing about a month ago

IrishAddiction
02-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Okay, back to this recruit....when did we get an offer out to this kid? Early in the process i hope. Speed speed and more speed, thats what this team needs. And he really isnt that small fellas, a 5'8'' player at 166 is a stocky kid. Add 20 pounds in 2 years of college with that frame, and you have a lighting fast hitter.

Ricochet
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
nfl.com has him 5'9 because a friend and i argued this same thing about a month agoListen to the DB's that try to cover him and you will kear that they don't see him as a shorter player because he plays big and with his athleticism to go with his speed is what makes him as good as he is. The point is that we get way to caught up in these players measurables rather than there talent and understand, footwork and hands and whatnot.

ND is needs talent more than size and not all of the CB's have to be tall.

nd1988
02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Listen to the DB's that try to cover him and you will kear that they don't see him as a shorter player because he plays big and with his athleticism to go with his speed is what makes him as good as he is. The point is that we get way to caught up in these players measurables rather than there talent and understand, footwork and hands and whatnot.

you're right.....afterall, lambert was 5'11 and he sucked

fightinirish68
02-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Listen to the DB's that try to cover him and you will kear that they don't see him as a shorter player because he plays big and with his athleticism to go with his speed is what makes him as good as he is. The point is that we get way to caught up in these players measurables rather than there talent and understand, footwork and hands and whatnot.

i mean why are u tellin me this haha. i made the initial post sayin size doesnt matter

NDty9
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Anyone have any Video on this kid?? I'm intrested to see this speed!

irishmarine
02-24-2009, 12:37 AM
i heard u cant see him, only hear him....

IrishInFl
02-24-2009, 01:07 AM

You mean the sonic boom, right? As he is faster than the speed of sound.

Ricochet
02-24-2009, 02:35 AM
i mean why are u tellin me this haha. i made the initial post sayin size doesnt matterSorry, that's my bad. The intent wasn't to tell you but to continue the argument that height and other measurables are often overrated.

Mattmags
02-24-2009, 09:44 AM

*hand waves side-to-side in front of face mask

"you can't see me!"

tko
02-24-2009, 10:27 AM
*hand waves side-to-side in front of face mask

"you can't see me!"

15 yard penalty and seat on the bench

irishmarine
02-24-2009, 10:45 AM
hahaha

DirtySecret
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
We don't have a shot anymore with this stud.. :(

As I read off another forum, ND offered him to little to late.

IrishInFl
03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
We don't have a shot anymore with this stud.. :(

As I read off of another forum, ND offered him to little to late.

What's forum? And where did they get the info on Joyner?

SoCalDomer
03-28-2009, 01:13 AM
he's right, likely no shot here.

DirtySecret
03-28-2009, 01:33 AM
he's right, likely no shot here.

The opportunity was there for over a year, but ND never jump on it until it was to late. I never understood why ND is so late to offer some kids. Is there requirements or a process that it goes through before Charlie gets the thumbs up to offer kids?

Clausen2Kamara
03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
We always gotta make sure about their academics unlike ALOT of other schools which hurts us with a lot of kids unfortunately.

DirtySecret
03-28-2009, 11:09 AM
We always gotta make sure about their academics unlike ALOT of other schools which hurts us with a lot of kids unfortunately.

I kept reading through the thread, his 1st semester just finshed and he got All A's and 1 C. And that one C was because he missed a project and did bad on one test. And it was a coaches class. That one C couldn't of drop his GPA that low but who knows!!

SoCalDomer
03-28-2009, 12:18 PM
The opportunity was there for over a year, but ND never jump on it until it was to late. I never understood why ND is so late to offer some kids. Is there requirements or a process that it goes through before Charlie gets the thumbs up to offer kids?

this idea that a spring offer is "late" is part of the problem. recruits, and people who follow recruiting, somehow think a post-April offer is somehow late.

sometime its the recruit or their coach who aren't diligently getting their film or transcripts out there. sometimes its because the college staffs have hundreds and hundreds of film and paperwork to review, in addition to coaching, recruiting the prior year's class, and a myriad of other responsibilities .

in NDs case, there is an additional hurdle. not alot of recruits have the grades to get into ND. it seems as though there is a policy or at least a practice of making sure the kid will most likey gain admittance before extending an offer. now, when you consider that the 2010 class of recruits has 1 whole year of schooling left, it's not a given that the recruit will have the necessary classes to qualify for admission.

in my opinion, missing out on a recruit b/c they got a may, june or summer offer instead of an "early offer" isn't much of a loss. recruits who think they deserve an earlier offer or are somehow offended by a two month late offer can enjoy their time taking buble gum 101 at the Harvard of the South for all i care. then they can end up like the 70% of pro players who are broke within 2 years of retirement from their pro career, if they had one at all.

DirtySecret
03-28-2009, 01:27 PM
this idea that a spring offer is "late" is part of the problem. recruits, and people who follow recruiting, somehow think a post-April offer is somehow late.

sometime its the recruit or their coach who aren't diligently getting their film or transcripts out there. sometimes its because the college staffs have hundreds and hundreds of film and paperwork to review, in addition to coaching, recruiting the prior year's class, and a myriad of other responsibilities .

in NDs case, there is an additional hurdle. not alot of recruits have the grades to get into ND. it seems as though there is a policy or at least a practice of making sure the kid will most likey gain admittance before extending an offer. now, when you consider that the 2010 class of recruits has 1 whole year of schooling left, it's not a given that the recruit will have the necessary classes to qualify for admission.

in my opinion, missing out on a recruit b/c they got a may, june or summer offer instead of an "early offer" isn't much of a loss. recruits who think they deserve an earlier offer or are somehow offended by a two month late offer can enjoy their time taking buble gum 101 at the Harvard of the South for all i care. then they can end up like the 70% of pro players who are broke within 2 years of retirement from their pro career, if they had one at all.

You hit the nail on the head.. I think some recruits don't see it that way. It could of been the high school coaches fault, to the University football staff having so much on the plate to deal with(as you stated). To sit and say they offered me to little to late this early, in my opinion, is kind a of arrogant mentality(which you'll find that in plenty people in life) when recruits still have one more year of high school left. What ever happen to the saying "patience is a vertrue."

I wish the best of luck to Lamarcus Joyner. His highlight films are sick and wish he would reconsider Notre Dame.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Man this is why I love SoCalDomer says what needs to be said. "Harvard of the South" hahaha hilarious

SoCalDomer
03-28-2009, 08:10 PM
You hit the nail on the head.. I think some recruits don't see it that way. It could of been the high school coaches fault, to the University football staff having so much on the plate to deal with(as you stated). To sit and say they offered me to little to late this early, in my opinion, is kind a of arrogant mentality(which you'll find that in plenty people in life) when recruits still have one more year of high school left. What ever happen to the saying "patience is a vertrue."

I wish the best of luck to Lamarcus Joyner. His highlight films are sick and wish he would reconsider Notre Dame.

just for the record, i want to make sure people understood my comments weren't about Lamarcus Joyner. they were in general to recruits who may get offended by not being offered Sept 1 or look at a june or later offer as "late."

I have no idea whether Joyner is turned off by ND since they have yet to offer.

DirtySecret
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
just for the record, i want to make sure people understood my comments weren't about Lamarcus Joyner. they were in general to recruits who may get offended by not being offered Sept 1 or look at a june or later offer as "late."

I have no idea whether Joyner is turned off by ND since they have yet to offer.

I understood. Many recruits feel like it's an insulted if they haven't been offer by certain colleges by Spet 1. Not try to single out Joyner, there are many kids like that..

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Looks like Joyner "was turned off by a late offer." He has cut his list down to Florida State and Ohio State.

IrishInFl
04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Looks like Joyner "was turned off by a late offer." He has cut his list down to Florida State and Ohio State.

Where did you get that info? I talked to the owner of Warchant.com tonight, Gene, and he never heard that rumor. He thinks that FSU has a great chance with him, but ND has almost as good of a chance because STA is a ND pipeline school. Also, he think's FSU's defense is going to suck this season :)

The Polish Irishman
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Wonder what he is doing this weekend?

NDinL.A.
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Unreal how big this game is. LaMarcus Joyner AND Brandon Linder will be there too? Unreal...

DirtySecret
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Unreal how big this game is. LaMarcus Joyner AND Brandon Linder will be there too? Unreal...

Joyner is making a trip to ND? I thought he through a fit that he didn't get offer early so he put us a the bottom of the totem pole.

The Polish Irishman
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Joyner is making a trip to ND? I thought he through a fit that he didn't get offer early so he put us a the bottom of the totem pole.

Things can change quickly in recruiting, espically when all your teammates are going to the game.

Can you imagine the team you would be able to field with all the recruits on the sideline and how good they would be in 4 years?

DirtySecret
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Things can change quickly in recruiting, espically when all your teammates are going to the game.

Can you imagine the team you would be able to field with all the recruits on the sideline and how good they would be in 4 years?

If he did come to ND would they use as a wide out? I know we pickuped Wood, Boyd, and if we get Riggs were good at corner in depth..

The Polish Irishman
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
He is a shut down corner.

jason_h537
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Joyner is an unofficial he coming with his buddies. Havent heard anything about Linder, thats great

IrishInFl
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Both Joyner and Jeff Luc were considered FSU locks, if not silent commits, until the season started and they bacame hilariously bad. Hopefully we impress him!

BGIF
10-14-2009, 03:50 AM
College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

Lamarcus Joyner to visit South Bend with St. Thomas Aquinas teammates

Under Armour All-American CB Lamarcus Joyner (Miami/St. Thomas Aquinas) is expected to make an official visit to Notre Dame this weekend, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Another Under Armour All-American, cornerback Cody Riggs, running back Giovanni Bernard and offensive lineman Brandon Linder, all four-star recruits from St. Thomas Aquinas, are also expected to make the trip.

Joyner previously named Florida, Florida State and Ohio State as his leaders.

irish73102
10-14-2009, 12:21 PM
lord if there is ever a game we need to win, it is this one

ant80
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Both Joyner and Jeff Luc were considered FSU locks, if not silent commits, until the season started and they bacame hilariously bad. Hopefully we impress him!Joyner was always a FSU lean. No longer a lock because of FSU's decline. Luc was never considered a FSU lock or even a lean. Florida all the way.

If he did come to ND would they use as a wide out? I know we pickuped Wood, Boyd, and if we get Riggs were good at corner in depth..He is a shut down corner.Agreed. He's corner all the way. Corner and ST returner.

lord if there is ever a game we need to win, it is this oneYou don't need to win. You have to ensure you don't get blown out.

phork
10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Need to win.

jason_h537
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh Big IF you just got me excited

DirtySecret
10-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh Big IF you just got me excited

What he really trying to say is, you got him doing this..

http://rangerland.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/iconsex05.gif

IrishInFl
10-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Joyner was always a FSU lean. No longer a lock because of FSU's decline. Luc was never considered a FSU lock or even a lean. Florida all the way.

Agreed. He's corner all the way. Corner and ST returner.

You don't need to win. You have to ensure you don't get blown out.

I beg to differ. I was told that Luc was very close to commiting this past summer. Even though he didn't, he remained in constant contact with Gene and FSU.

IrishAddiction
10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Or did anyone hear how his visit went??? THis kid is impressive, very impressive. Speed like no other. I like him alot more than i like shaw from cali....would take either, but prefer this guy.

NDinL.A.
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Or did anyone hear how his visit went??? THis kid is impressive, very impressive. Speed like no other. I like him alot more than i like shaw from cali....would take either, but prefer this guy.

"Rumors" (haven't heard it from him yet), were that the visit went very well, much better than expected. They're saying that for him, he felt very comfortable because ND was so similar to his H.S. But we have to wait to hear it from him before I believe ND has made a move. Still nice to hear rumors as long as they are positive!

MirageSmack
10-19-2009, 09:05 PM
He probably thinks he can get early PT after seeing our guys get burned so much. Can't be a bad thing in that regards.

OCIrish
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
He probably thinks he can get early PT after seeing our guys get burned so much. Can't be a bad thing in that regards.

Shit, I'm still waiting for Harrison to make a play from Saturday's game. He has sucked all year for the most part, but Saturday, he took sucking to a whole new level. It's time for him to find some bench.

IrishInFl
10-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Well here's something that may be interesting. Joyner canceled his FSU official after the game. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

jason_h537
10-19-2009, 11:40 PM
i was hoping you would bring some info flo

The Polish Irishman
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Well here's something that may be interesting. Joyner canceled his FSU official after the game. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Well, that is not bad news.

IrishInFl
10-19-2009, 11:45 PM
All I'm saying is that he had FSU on the top of his list for a very long time. FSU started to stink, but he still had them on top. Because FSU stinks, he decided to take an official with his friends to ND. He then immediatly cancels his FSU official.

WabashFalcon
10-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Bracing for epic announcement...

irishmarine
10-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh god this would be huge

IrishInFl
10-20-2009, 01:22 AM
I would be the most excited one on this site if we got Joyner. Gene has said but good about him, including a visit to STA. This would be a fun way to rub salt in his FSU wounds.

CuerVo0220
10-20-2009, 02:29 AM
All I'm saying is that he had FSU on the top of his list for a very long time. FSU started to stink, but he still had them on top. Because FSU stinks, he decided to take an official with his friends to ND. He then immediatly cancels his FSU official.

Not that I don't believe you, just where did you find this info at or can anyone else let me know. Thanks.

GO IRISH!!!

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Irishin FL is down with Florida Varsity. He can actually claim to have inside info

IrishInFl
10-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Yeah, that butthole warchant guy even rubbed salt in my wounds over the loss to USC on facebook.

bert2834
10-20-2009, 05:51 AM
I noticed on ESPN that his only official visit left is Ohio State on Sept.11th.

Polish Leppy 22
10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
This is surprising. I thought he was just taking a trip with his buddies for a good game.

Charlie's resounding theme to these guys who visited this weekend has to be the SAME he said in 2007.

"Look at what we have on the field now. You wanna suit up next weekend? Come here and compete. See what happens."

IrishInFl
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
He was just taking a trip with his buddies. Why wouldn't he want to go when his friends are gone for the weekend? I wonder if we still have a shot with Riggs.

blue_label
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I went to that STA vs. Byrnes game in FTL. There was a ton of top end D1 talend in that game, but Joyner was the best athlete on the field no doubt. Riggs got picked on a little bit.

IrishAddiction
10-20-2009, 06:30 PM
He was just taking a trip with his buddies. Why wouldn't he want to go when his friends are gone for the weekend? I wonder if we still have a shot with Riggs.

Wait, so we dont have a shot with him? now im a little confused, did the visit not impress him or what?

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Lamarcus Joyner – I still think he ends up at Florida or Miami, but Notre Dame certainly caught his attention this past weekend. As a rule, recruits that are all but completely unfamiliar with Notre Dame must take several trips to Notre Dame to make a four or five year decision. That’s Joyner’s first trip. I have not heard about him taking another trip. I doubt that happens either.

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 03:46 PM
NBC Sports - College Football - Inside the Irish (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2009/10/irish-might-have-added-another-blue-chip-this-weekend.html.php)

jason_h537
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
The visit really seems to have impressed him. This could be one of those late pickups people did not see coming

BearGB
10-26-2009, 05:03 PM
This film shows very little about his cover skills, but watch it because it shows that this kid:
1) Can hit and tackle as well as almost any corner I have seen
(Charles Woodson-like, I know, I know, scUM reference, but he is a good corner)
2) Is fast/quick as lightning, some of the moves he pulls in here
are ridiculous.

Would love to land this kid!!
YouTube - Lamarcus Joyner JR film (#3 Saint Thomas Aquinas) leader of the 5'9 or shorter club (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRkYdtClfmA)

Brown
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Blue&Gold's latest recruiting watch article says that we lead for him now. If true, WOW!

This would be a better get than Chris Martin, imo.

jason_h537
10-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Blue&Gold's latest recruiting watch article says that we lead for him now. If true, WOW!

This would be a better get than Chris Martin, imo.

Thats great news, but Martin is the most importnat recruit in this class PERIOD (Barr is a close second, love that guy)

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Damn, there are some amazing kids out there.... at this point - like a kid in a candy store. It's almost scary as in who might get left out if this great class fillsup

IrishAddiction
10-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Damn, there are some amazing kids out there.... at this point - like a kid in a candy store. It's almost scary as in who might get left out if this great class fillsup

Agree 100%. We save spots for some of the biggest HS talents out there usually, but DT recruiting is competitive this year, which is huge. It just amazes me. CW has certainly proved we can get grade A talent here. We are able to be more and more picky w/ recruiting these kids, offering only top talents.

Our backfield and skill positiions are becoming as stacked as USCs IMO. We just need to get the DL here and we are well in the chase for national titles. Last year we had the #1 LB recruiting class and a great offensive haul all around.

This is the reason we keep CW. He now finally understands the need for big names on the defensive side of the ball, and they are starting to come here. Next year, the defense will be more experienced than the offense. Its coming around, i can feel it. Still no reason to finish like crap this year, we have a shot at the BCS, take it and make a statement.

Irishlew
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Thats great news, but Martin is the most importnat recruit in this class PERIOD (Barr is a close second, love that guy)

Yes, Martin is the most important. But Barr isn't committed yet. Even if he did, Henderson, Nix, and Joyner are much and i mean much bigger gets. All 4 of those guys could and should have big impacts their freshman year...Barr not so much.

TinyT
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I was just looking at his profile on Scout and Rivals and I was wondering if Notre Dame accepted young men with 2.5 GPA's, or even something close to it...would his acceptance be contingent on an outstanding SAT or ACT score?

IrishInFl
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Pretty much, but Joyner has an advantage in getting in because STA is one of the best schools in Florida, not just for athletics.

Brown
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Admissions is going to be the biggest obstacle for both Seantrel and Lamarcus -- hopefully a quiet exception can be made for both of them.

IrishInFl
10-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Cretin-Derham-Hall in Minnesota is one of the better schools in the state as well. It has to mean something to admissions when players go to tougher schools. It might come down to test scores.

OCIrish
10-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Admissions is going to be the biggest obstacle for both Seantrel and Lamarcus -- hopefully a quiet exception can be made for both of them.

It's a safe bet that with high profile kids like these two, that admissions have already been discussed, I don't think it will be an issue.

IrishAddiction
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Jonathan Baldwin anyone? I love our academics 99% of the time, but 1% of the time i hate them because of situations like this. Like IrishInFl already said about Hendersons and Floyds school, its very academically stringent. I would think that STA, being a private school, would be known for its academics?

WhoDeyIrish
10-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Anyone think he might be out of the mix with the commitment of Hurd? I know there is a article on Rivals about where he is leaning, but of course I'm not a member. Anyone read this today?

IrishInFl
10-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Not a chance. You don't pass on a player like Joyner, a true cover corner. If ND has a chance to take him, they do.

NDinL.A.
10-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone think he might be out of the mix with the commitment of Hurd? I know there is a article on Rivals about where he is leaning, but of course I'm not a member. Anyone read this today?

ND will take one more corner, and it appears to be one of Riggs, Shaw, or Joyner. Riggs seems to be slipping on a lot of boards (surprisingly), but even then it seems as if he's soured on ND. Shaw seems to be a long-shot now as well. That leaves Joyner, who surprisingly is very interested in ND. Joyner is the best bet at this point, but we could very easily be snubbed by all 3...

WhoDeyIrish
10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
ND will take one more corner, and it appears to be one of Riggs, Shaw, or Joyner. Riggs seems to be slipping on a lot of boards (surprisingly), but even then it seems as if he's soured on ND. Shaw seems to be a long-shot now as well. That leaves Joyner, who surprisingly is very interested in ND. Joyner is the best bet at this point, but we could very easily be snubbed by all 3...

Joyner would be an incredible landing. Riggs is slipping don't understand that. I think we need some help in the safety more than anything.

JefMaj
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
We do need a premier - fast - return guy.

jason_h537
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Riddick has it at return we need more depth at corner with Slaughter Moving to safety

WhoDeyIrish
10-30-2009, 06:04 PM
We do need more depth at corner, but we need safetys. We need ball hawking good coverage safety.

jason_h537
10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
We are in solid shape at safety. Badger is on board. Hurd can play safety if necessary. Amerson, Parker, and Riley have ND high on thier lists. Cooper can still end up at Safety and there is no word yet on Flowers. if we get any 2 of these we will be in great shape. Personally i want Sean Parker and ______ (fill in the blank).

JefMaj
10-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Love Theo - but, haven't seen blinding speed on returns.

irish73102
10-30-2009, 08:27 PM
i think we have joyner not a sure thing but i think he ends up irish just a feeling

WhoDeyIrish
10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
We are in solid shape at safety. Badger is on board. Hurd can play safety if necessary. Amerson, Parker, and Riley have ND high on thier lists. Cooper can still end up at Safety and there is no word yet on Flowers. if we get any 2 of these we will be in great shape. Personally i want Sean Parker and ______ (fill in the blank).

Yeah but I'm still worried about the safeties that we have in here. Parker and Riley would be nice. Cooper and Riley would be nice to in my opinion. Would love either of those combos, obviously Parker and Cooper would be fine to. But again nothing is a sure thing....I'm just saying spots are filling fast. If we have 7 recruits left. At the pace people have been committing we aren't going to have very many left. Gaston supposedly is going to commit on Nov 4 that takes us to 6. I'm just worried we might run out of spots, for some of the players that aren't going to commit until later on in the season... Thats if they are high on us.

IrishInFl
10-31-2009, 09:31 AM
UPDATE!!!

Tried to get some "inside info" last night, but when I brought up the name Joyner, I got no response. That has never happened before. FSU fans must be really angry right now. ND must have a pretty decent shot at Joyner.

WabashFalcon
10-31-2009, 11:34 AM
UPDATE!!!

Tried to get some "inside info" last night, but when I brought up the name Joyner, I got no response. That has never happened before. FSU fans must be really angry right now. ND must have a pretty decent shot at Joyner.

Go on....

IrishInFl
10-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Um... I saw him play? He's really good? What do you want from me!

IrishAddiction
10-31-2009, 05:06 PM
I would say it is between us and florida..... it did worry me having hurd commit wether or not we would save a spot. we have done it before with the huge names (Forston, Sabino, Floyd, and Filer come to mind). But if the staff sees a talent they cannot pass up, i would say they take it no matter what.

Also, im guessing by your post IrishInFL that FSU feels like they have no shot at this guy???

BGIF
11-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Per insider.ESPN.go.com
Under Armour All-American five-star cornerback Lamarcus Joyner played running back Friday night and carried 11 times for 80 yards (7.3 average) in St. Thomas Aquinas' (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) 27-0 shutout of Deerfield Beach (Fla.), the Miami Herald reports.

IrishAddiction
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Per insider.ESPN.go.com

Odd. I wonder if Gio didnt play RB or what happened there...... Good to see how versatile is still out there for us to get, but it just makes me wonder what happened to Gio Bernard. Joyner is by far is one of two players i would say if we are gonna save a spot for, we have. Him and Henderson are players no college should pass up IMO.

IrishInFl
11-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Am I the only one finds finds it interesting that an espn article statrts by calling Joyner an UA all-american?

Ricochet
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Odd. I wonder if Gio didnt play RB or what happened there...... Good to see how versatile is still out there for us to get, but it just makes me wonder what happened to Gio Bernard. Joyner is by far is one of two players i would say if we are gonna save a spot for, we have. Him and Henderson are players no college should pass up IMO.from what I understand is that they rested Gio due to hamstring injury.

loweND
11-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Has it been stated that we're recruiting Joyner specifically to play defense? Seems like this guy could be even more valuable on the offensive side.

NDinL.A.
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Has it been stated that we're recruiting Joyner specifically to play defense? Seems like this guy could be even more valuable on the offensive side.

He'd be a kickoff guy as well in college for sure, but his butter is spread on defense...

WabashFalcon
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Prototypical CB body... not so much a brusier between the tackles. I guatentee, even without seeing the tape... that St. TA ran a lost of toss, outside zone, stretch, and counter.

BGIF
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
from what I understand is that they rested Gio due to hamstring injury.

You're correct. I posted that in Bernard's thread after finding a news article, I had already posted here and didn't think to come back to clarify.

As for RB, Joyner wasn't the primary RB, some other STA guy got the principal carries. The kid is an athlete but I suspect STA's OLine was dominating.

military_irish
11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Am I the only one finds finds it interesting that an espn article statrts by calling Joyner an UA all-american?

typical ESPN they need to advertise there own game. so if some one see's that a recruit are in that game then you will more than likely watch the game to see how they perform.

texas fighting irish
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
So at this point who is leading for Joyner? Do we have a real shot of landing him.

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
No, we have zero chance at all per ISD

Rizzophil
11-04-2009, 02:29 PM
No, we have zero chance at all per ISD

Where did you see that? Just curious, because I don't think that is coming from their weekly "Chance Report."

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm unable to reveal my sources

IHateMarkMay
11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm unable to reveal my sources

It was Omar wasn't it?

NDinMemphis
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
ISD's chance report definately had him at better than "zero chance". I think it was more like "Half a Chance" or something like that.

As an aside, sources are overrated and easily fabricated on message boards. Not trying to take a dig at you, but I tend not to believe people who have "sources".

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
My sources do not think too highly of your sources... and I haven't spoken to Omar since the restraining order was put into place

jason_h537
11-04-2009, 03:16 PM
My source costs me $10 bucks a month

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
My source pays me $10 a month

jason_h537
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM
say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah, i said it

BestBIrish47
11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
My source can beat up your source!

WeisWeisBaby
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
My source denies your allegation, and has thus started a rumor that your source doesn't know a thing what she is talking about

BGIF
11-04-2009, 05:28 PM
My source denies your allegation, and has thus started a rumor that your source doesn't know a thing what she is talking about

Move on children or there will be some Time Outs issued.

This is a Recruit's Profile Thread if you've got info on him post it.

Take the excreting contest to a General Recruiting Thread or you and your source will be outsourced.

One poster has already gotten a 30 day "vacation" today.

jmurphy75
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
How much does Shaw choosing Florida, and Gio Bernard going Irish help us with Joyner and Linder? Will we be able to pull all 3 from STA?

IHateMarkMay
11-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Linder might go to Miami... so who knows with him. Only he knows. Not sure about Joyner.

jason_h537
11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
How much does Shaw choosing Florida, and Gio Bernard going Irish help us with Joyner and Linder? Will we be able to pull all 3 from STA?

Florida is done at CB. Shaw does not affect Linder but it helps us with Riggs and Joyner

Big23Head
12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Joyner down to FSU, UF and tOSU

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I read that as well. That bums me out because I was really hoping that we could land an elite shutdown corner finally.

chyrspchuck
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I read that as well. That bums me out because I was really hoping that we could land an elite shutdown corner finally.

you don't think we have shutdown corners? jk

I wish we could get him, it's never final until signing day.

IrishAddiction
12-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Joyner down to FSU, UF and tOSU

Link?

NDinL.A.
12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Link?

I read it on a subscription site so I can't link to it...it's true, he eliminated the Irish...

IrishInFl
12-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll find the truth friday. Then again, he said that Joyner was going to commit during the summer, along with Jeff Luc.

Big23Head
12-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Five-star DB Joyner eliminates Irish - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4706792&name=Southeast_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4706792%26name%3dSout heast_Recruiting)

DirtySecret
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I find it funny he eliminates ND because of coaching change but keeps FSU.. Hope he has fun at FSU with Jimbo Fisher because he really isn't the guy to get that program jump started.

Big23Head
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
The only difference is the Bowden was expected to leave at least next year and the coach in waiting was known. Weis was not and perhaps he doesn't like any of the candidates with the exception of Urban but we all believe that will not happen.

IrishInFl
12-10-2009, 01:48 AM
UPDATE!!!

Joyner committed to FSU tonight, per a drunk owner of warchant.com playing quarters against me. He's really good a quarters.

jason_h537
12-10-2009, 01:49 AM
well Hurd and Boyd look like sleepers

IrishInFl
12-10-2009, 01:51 AM
BTW, Christian Jones MAY commit soon to FSU.

jason_h537
12-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Stunner

BGIF
12-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Per ESPN.go.com

ESPNU 150 talent Lamarcus Joyner committed to sign with the Seminoles' Class of 2010 Wednesday night, ESPN's JC Shurburtt reports. The nation's No. 1-rated cornerback prospect selected Florida State over Florida and Ohio State.

"I just believe personally that Florida State is back. It's always been my dream school. Things were going downhill in the program, but guys like Bobby Bowden and Mickey Andrews were the reason that I liked Florida State. I believe in Jimbo Fisher and the things they've got going on. I am a player that can go anywhere and adapt to different situations, but I just felt at home there."

Notre Dame, Georgia, USC, Tennessee, Alabama, West Virginia, Boston College, Maryland, Rutgers, Auburn, Miami-FL, Cal, Ole Miss, N.C. State, Michigan, Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers and Illinois also offered Joyner.