PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA LB Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma Verbal)

Irishlew
02-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Outside linebacker
Chula Vista (CA) Eastlake

Ht: 6-0
Wt: 195
Forty: 4.5
BP: 255
Squat: 455
Vertical: 28
GPA: 3.0
Test: 1400 (3 part)

Rating:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; #4 Safety; Rating 5.9
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; #6 OLB
ESPN: :s::s::s::s::s:; #10 ATH; Grade 85

Stat:
'07: 77 tackles and 3 ints
'08: 88 tackles and 2 ints

Offers:
Oklahoma (OV 10/31)
Michigan (OV 11/20)
Southern Cal (OV 11/28)
UCLA (decommit 11/29/09; commits 7/29/09)

Arizona (OV 11/26)
Florida
Miami
Georgia
Notre Dame
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
San Diego State
Stanford (decommit 1/29/09; commit 9/6/08)
Tennessee
Fresno State

ND Recruiter: Polian

Decision: 12/18/09 Oklahoma

Irishlew
02-12-2009, 03:52 AM
from ESPN...

• Linebacker Tony Jefferson, from Chula Vista (Calif.) Eastlake, recently de-committed from Stanford but still lists the Cardinal among his favorites. Watch out for Florida and Notre Dame, as Jefferson is thinking more and more about getting out of state.

NDinL.A.
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Good news on him. New article from Scout has him down to his last 5:

USC, UCLA, ND, Oklahoma and Florida.

However, the top 3 are ND, USC, and UCLA.

Subscription article so I'm not allowed to quote it...

Polish Leppy 22
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Calling Brian Polian...

Irishlew
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Good news on him. New article from Scout has him down to his last 5:

USC, UCLA, ND, Oklahoma and Florida.

However, the top 3 are ND, USC, and UCLA.

Insider article so I can't quote it...

i liked the results the last time we were pitted against USC and UCLA

Riddickulous
03-21-2009, 09:38 PM
i liked the results the last time we were pitted against USC and UCLA

I feel confident in this situation.

notredomer23
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM
And he says he wants to go to school out of state. As far as I can tell in his top 3, we are the only out of state

Clausen2Kamara
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
He would be a huge get. Our LB corps depth would be crazy if he came. I always say u need 2 recruit at least 3 LB's every year. They are so vital to our success.

IHateMarkMay
04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Scout is reporting that his top 5 are: (in order)
USC
Florida
Georgia
Penn State
Oklahoma

Scout.com: Diverse Options (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/852472.html)

NDinL.A.
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Scout is reporting that his top 5 are: (in order)
USC
Florida
Georgia
Penn State
Oklahoma

Scout.com: Diverse Options (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/852472.html)

Great, so we went to being in his top 3 to not being inhis to 5? WTF? I gotta do some more research on this kid...

NDinL.A.
04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, the article says that USC is in the lead. ND doesn't even get a mention. He loves the intensity and non-stop energy of the USC practices and their coaches. Doesn't look like we even have a shot at him, the way he was talking...

NDinL.A.
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, every time this kid is interviewed, he gives a different top 5. The good news is, in his latest interview ND made his top 5. The bad news is USC is always in his top 5, and he's seemingly a U$C lock. He was at their spring game, and here's what he had to say:

“It’s real intense. The fans are amazing, but that’s what I expect from USC. The coaches’ bonding with the players is impressive. I was impressed with Taylor Mays of course. I like how he plays; he runs through people and is really fast. Matt Barkley is doing really well as a true freshman.”

IHateMarkMay
04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Well, every time this kid is interviewed, he gives a different top 5. The good news is, in his latest interview ND made his top 5. The bad news is USC is always in his top 5, and he's seemingly a U$C lock. He was at their spring game, and here's what he had to say:

any link? or who else is in his top 5?

NDinL.A.
04-26-2009, 10:50 PM
any link? or who else is in his top 5?

For his quote:

WeAreSC.com - Recruits at Trojan Huddle (http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=2030)

As for his top 5, it seems like a rotating list between USC, Florida, Oklahoma, Georgia, ND, UCLA, and Penn State.

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 11:44 PM
When he originally decommited from Stanford, i thought the Irish had a great shot. He seemed to be high on education and ND were quick to jump on him but USC seems to be the constant with him. Oh well it is still early.

jason_h537
05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Ok Rivals says Jefferson has new top 5 and Notre Dame is in itafter he talked to Polian and Weis. Dont get too excited however, this kids top five seems to change every month.

The Polish Irishman
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
He must be buddies with Chance

Rizzophil
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
He's still going to USC, in my opinion.

WabashFalcon
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
HOW DO YOU KNOW??!?!??!?! We don't know. The pessimism here runs crazy wild some times..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinnymac2402
05-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Just remeber everyone said Teo was going to the condoms but where did he commit again. Oh yea Notre Dame

NDinL.A.
05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
HOW DO YOU KNOW??!?!??!?! We don't know. The pessimism here runs crazy wild some times..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there, big fella. He said it was only his opinion. We all have our opinions, and the good opinions are based on knowledge. He didn't say that Jefferson was a LOCK, period, which is what other posters have said about other players.

And actually, his opinion is not a horrible one that he just got out of midair. The truth is that USC has been on all 458 of his different top 5's, and he always says USC first. Now, they were said to have been recruiting him as a safety before, but I'm not sure if that's true. If so, why would he go there and be safety number 5??? Then again, why did all those safeties go there last year?

I see your point though, and really, nobody knows where's he's going. I think it's safe to say that USC stands a very good chance though. But this kid changes his mind so much it's pretty crazy. I mean, check out this quote from an article a couple weeks back:

Tony Jefferson is done with announcing a top-five. The standout safety from Eastlake High in Chula Vista, Calif., has too many great scholarship offers to evaluate.

For the past couple months, the 6-foot, 195-pound Jeffersonís top five was changing like the weather. Notre Dame was one of the schools bouncing in and out of Jeffersonís list of favorites.

And now, he already has a top 5 again, LOL. Hey, I like the kid and I hope he chooses us, but i won't be sure until he signs on someone's dotted line...

Rizzophil
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Easy there, big fella. He said it was only his opinion. We all have our opinions, and the good opinions are based on knowledge. He didn't say that Jefferson was a LOCK, period, which is what other posters have said about other players.

And actually, his opinion is not a horrible one that he just got out of midair. The truth is that USC has been on all 458 of his different top 5's, and he always says USC first. Now, they were said to have been recruiting him as a safety before, but I'm not sure if that's true. If so, why would he go there and be safety number 5??? Then again, why did all those safeties go there last year?

I see your point though, and really, nobody knows where's he's going. I think it's safe to say that USC stands a very good chance though. But this kid changes his mind so much it's pretty crazy. I mean, check out this quote from an article a couple weeks back:

And now, he already has a top 5 again, LOL. Hey, I like the kid and I hope he chooses us, but i won't be sure until he signs on someone's dotted line...

Thanks NDinLA. I agree with everything you wrote.

BGIF
05-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Ok Rivals says Jefferson has new top 5 and Notre Dame is in itafter he talked to Polian and Weis. Dont get too excited however, this kids top five seems to change every month.

So who's in the Top 5 du jour and who dropped out?

Anybody?

Irishlew
05-28-2009, 10:09 PM
So who's in the Top 5 du jour and who dropped out?

Anybody?

he said he doesn't have a top 5, but ND is "most definitely" getting a visit this summer.

Irishlew
05-28-2009, 10:11 PM

He told Rivals he doesn't have a top 5 anymore

jason_h537
05-28-2009, 11:19 PM
as long we get a visit.

also the Irish want him at safety

BGIF
06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
6/2 Biggins ESPN reports. Jefferson will take all visits and announce at the USA All-American Game. He'll graduate early and enroll early (EE).

... said he's being recruited strictly as a safety. ..."I want to take all my trips and I have two schools that are locked in right now. I haven't set any dates yet, but I know I'm going to visit Penn State and Notre Dame. I like both schools a lot and I like what I'm hearing from the coaching staffs there. USC is still really high on my list ...

He and teammates Dillon Baxter (USC verbal), and Kenny Stills (USC offer), and RB Brennan Clay (NO USC offer) are considering playing there together.

...That doesn't mean I'm locked in for USC. This is going to be a really hard decision for me. I wish it was easier, but it's going to be hard and I like a lot of schools right now. Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas, UCLA and a few others are on my list ...

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
The one constant in this kids recruitment since decommiting from Stanford has been USC

Rocket's Rocket Fan
06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
He and teammates Dillon Baxter (USC verbal), and Kenny Stills (USC offer), and RB Brennan Clay (NO USC offer) are considering playing there together.

Forget playing with them come to ND and play against them and beat them!

BGIF
06-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Forget playing with them come to ND and play against them and beat them!

Fight On!

BGIF
07-09-2009, 06:09 AM
7/8 Per Biggins ESPN

Tony Jefferson has set 2 of his 5 Officials and will take Unofficials to locals schools USC and UCLA. He's a standout LB/S but said he's being recruited as a Safety. He taking summer courses to enable him to graduate HS early and enroll in college in January.

I have my first two visits lined up right now. I'm going to UF (Sept. 18) and OU (Nov. 13). My last three visits will be to ND UM and PSU and I'll do unofficial visits to USC and UCLA. I'm really looking forward to seeing these out of state schools because I've heard so much about them but have never visited anywhere outside of the in-state schools. Right now, I'm open to all of them and no one leads right now. My trips and how the teams do on the field this year will play a big role.

Early PT a factor:

I want to go somewhere and play as a true freshman. The only school I'm not sure I'll be able to do that at because of how much safety depth they have is USC. They were my big early leader but I'm opening things back up now and giving all the schools a real, hard look. I like what all the schools are telling me and UCLA is coming on strong too. So this is going to be a really tough decision for me. I thought it would be easy but not anymore and with me graduating early, I don't have as much time to figure it all out.

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 02:29 AM
With the commitment of Bailey to USC, Jefferson just dropped USC from his list, per Scout...

IrishInFl
07-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Wow. At least Jefferson is smart enough that if he wants he wants to play safety, he would have to wait a long time to do so, and still not be guaranteed.

Rizzophil
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
This guy changes his mind so much....wow.

Irishlew
07-17-2009, 09:40 AM
i agree...we should just freeze his page until NSD.

Irishlew
07-17-2009, 09:40 AM
sorry had to post again...i don't like seeing 666.

WabashFalcon
07-17-2009, 01:42 PM
As long as U$C doesn't get him, I'm a happy man. If we get him, I will be an orgasmically happy man.

OCIrish
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
As long as U$C doesn't get him, I'm a happy man. If we get him, I will be an orgasmically happy man.

It places the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!!

jason_h537
07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Wow, im shocked he dropped USC i had him pegged there. Still he does change his mind an awful lot so id take it with a grain of salt. Certianly helps our chances though.

NDinMemphis
07-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Per ESPN:
Elite safety Tony Jefferson is headed to the Bruins
ESPNU 150 Watch List safety / outside linebacker Tony Jefferson of Eastlake (Chula Vista, Calif.), has given a Class of 2010 pledge to UCLA.

Jefferson, who once was committed to Stanford, chose the Bruins over Southern California, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State, Oklahoma, Miami-Florida, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State and Arizona, among many others.

ESPN's Billy Tucker said of the news, "In a bit of a surprise, UCLA is getting one of the better in-state players in this 2010 class and overall athletes in the country. A guy who is very versatile with great skill-set on both sides of the ball, we feel Jefferson will likely head to Westwood as a strong safety and depending how his leaner, well-defined body continues to physically develop, grow into a disruptive outside linebacker."

"Jefferson is extremely explosive to the football and closes on ball carriers with striking burst and velocity. He simply swarms to the ball with great speed and intensity and what standout is the little wasted motion he shows on his pursuit. There is no doubt he is tough, explosiveness and physical enough at the point of attack to play linebacker at the next level but his range, breaking quickness and overall ball-hawking skills does make strong safety a position where we forecast a TON of production for the Bruins."

"UCLA beat out a lot of top national programs for Jefferson's services as Neuheisel continues to add some nice pieces in the Bruins' rebuilding process."

As a junior, the 6-foot-0 195-pound Jefferson registered 88 tackles and four sacks while also rushing for 1,328 yards and 28 touchdowns.

The Bruins now have four ESPNU 150 Watch List prospects among their seven pledges.

NDinL.A.
07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Another shocker in this kid's roller coaster of a recruitment. Said he was going to take all 5 OV's recently before deciding, then suddenly chooses UCLA. Knowing the way he changes his mind, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he reopens his recruitment in the future. At least he didn't go to USC, and he did go to my fav non-ND school.

Another safety down...

Dacian_Irish
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd rather him go there than U$C...

Wouldn't this also help us with landing Parker?

I don't get it? We have a great 2dary coach, have a lot of playing time to offer, and of course it's ND... Why they hell can't we get Safeties? 1 or maybe 2 every year is not healthy for our depth chart!!

What the crap!!

WabashFalcon
07-22-2009, 11:43 AM
All five OVs my ass...

BGIF
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Another shocker in this kid's roller coaster of a recruitment. Said he was going to take all 5 OV's recently before deciding, then suddenly chooses UCLA. Knowing the way he changes his mind, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he reopens his recruitment in the future. At least he didn't go to USC, and he did go to my fav non-ND school.

Another safety down...

Slick Rick doin' his thing.

The Polish Irishman
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Will visit Michigan and probably Florida...no interest in the Irish

BGIF
12-19-2009, 02:51 AM
12/18 Per Greg Biggins ESPN

No. 1-rated athlete Tony Jefferson (Chula Vista, Calif./Eastlake) committed to sign with Oklahoma Friday night over USC and Michigan

"I just knew on the visit that this was the best place for me. I was committed to UCLA at the time but Oklahoma just felt like home. I love their style of play and how fast and aggressive their defense is every year."

Jefferson, who was previously committed to Stanford and then UCLA, was also offered by Florida, Arizona, Miami-FL, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oregon, Tennessee, Arizona State Oregon State and others.

jason_h537
12-19-2009, 03:08 AM
LOL there is a lil over a month to go. Whats the over/under on wherther or not he takes another visit?

BGIF
12-19-2009, 03:26 AM
12/18/09 Commits to OU
11/29/09 Decommits from UCLA
11/28 Official to Southern Cal
11/26 Official to Arizona
11/20 Official to Michigan
10/31/09 Official to OU
7/29/09 Commits to UCLA
1/29/09 Decommits from Stanford
9/6/08 Commits to Stanford

NDinL.A.
12-19-2009, 06:22 AM
LOL there is a lil over a month to go. Whats the over/under on wherther or not he takes another visit?

I know right? I thought the exact same thing. He's like the runaway bride. BUT.....apparently he's going to be an EE. So, his window for finding a new love interest in dwindling...

SoJerseyIrish
12-19-2009, 07:27 AM
I bet Lane Kiffin could woo him with a few cute cheerleaders.....or maybe Poodle can get him a Hummer....(the truck, not the act, LOL)

IHateMarkMay
12-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, OU has a pretty decent class this year though.

WabashFalcon
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Over/under on length of this committment?

2.5 weeks. Any takers?

OCIrish
12-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I'll go over 2.5 weeks.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-21-2009, 04:52 PM
this kid's recruitment is ridiculous. He should go into politics because his position changes daily.

BGIF
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
this kid's recruitment is ridiculous. He should go into politics because his position changes daily.

"Now playiing for WaffleHouse U ..."

Polish Leppy 22
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Tony Jefferson = 17 yr old girl picking a prom dress

Sherm Sticky
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I wanted to post this last week, but I was getting smacked around by Sandy.

This kid is an absolute beast, stud, first round pick.

yankeeND
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I wanted to post this last week, but I was getting smacked around by Sandy.

This kid is an absolute beast, stud, first round pick.

Man I went to straight panic mode when he destroyed Golson. Kid is elite!