PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL DE Corey Lemonier (Auburn Commit)

Swash
02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Corey Lemonier - Strongside DE (6'5"; 223lbs)
Hialeah, FL

Combine
Forty: 5.06 Seconds
Bench Reps: N/A
Bench Max: N/A
Squat Max: N/A
Shuttle: 4.38 Seconds
Vertical: 33 Inches
GPA: N/A

Star Ratings
Rivals: N/A
Scout: 4****

Rankings and Accolades
N/A

Statistics
N/A

Schools of Interest
Florida (Offered)
Georgia (Offered)
Miami (Offered)
Notre Dame (Offered)
South Carolina (Offered)
West Virginia (Offered)
UCF (Offered)
Florida International (Offered)

Multimedia
Sophmore Highlights: YouTube - Corey Lemonier #55 DE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHS0Yy8ILA)
Junior Highlights: YouTube - Corey Lemonier #55 Jr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QbgXsB0hA&feature=channel)

Being recruited by Bernie Parmalee

Swash
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
#55 in both.

He looks great. Just about every quarter back ran for their life.

IHateMarkMay
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Same city as Armando right?

The Polish Irishman
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Same city as Armando, but different high school. It is going to be tought to get him out of Florida.

BGIF
05-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Steve Wiltfong IrishSportsDaily reports Lemonier has a top 3 of ALA, UTN, and FSU. ND has an "uphill battle".

BGIF
05-28-2009, 09:43 AM
High School Sports | MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-schools/v-fullstory/story/1061660.html)

Background piece. No mention of ND other than an offer.

BGIF
05-28-2009, 09:56 AM
His parents are Haitian.

Not Latinos nor Hispanics, jason.

Charlie, needs to tell them about ND's French Connection. "Did you know that Norte Dame was founded by a French priest? Notre Dame's nickname actually was the "Fighting Frenchies" up until WWI. Great grandpa Heisler decided ND needed a different image ... Then Grantland Rice or somebody else in the media came up with Fighting Irish ... Well you know how the media can be once they get a headline ... Did I mention Notre Dame has a program in Haiti?"

BTW, ND does have a program in Haiti. A nun I know stationed there emailed me yesterday that she had just met with a bunch of ND people last week.

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
His parents are Haitian.

Charlie, needs to tell them about ND's French Connection. "Did you know that Norte Dame was founded by a French priest? Notre Dame's nickname actually was the "Fighting Frenchies" up until WWI. Great grandpa Heisler decided ND needed a different image ... Then Grantland Rice or somebody else in the media came up with Fighting Irish ... Well you know how the media can be once they get a headline ... Did I mention Notre Dame has a program in Haiti?"

BTW, ND does have a program in Haiti. A nun I know stationed there emailed me yesterday that she had just met with a bunch of ND people last week.

Really? I read somewhere that the origin of the nickname came from a game against Northwestern, When their fans screamed in assumption that because it is a catholic school that they were Irish and said "Kill those Irish! Kill those Fighting Irish!"

BGIF
05-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Really? I read somewhere that the origin of the nickname came from a game against Northwestern, When their fans screamed in assumption that because it is a catholic school that they were Irish and said "Kill those Irish! Kill those Fighting Irish!"

Your Northwestern story is one of several.

ND had to recruit Irish athletes like Bergman, Bachman, Rydzewski, Oberst, Hunsinger, and Stuhldreher cause the French athletes weren't thick, quick, or nasty on the field. In 1915 one of them was the model for the original Touchdown Jesus (think of the period;visualize the body position).

There was one Frenchie that made the ND varsity under Rockne as a freshman but had to share the backfield with a guy named Gipp - and only one football. He gets sick, drops out of school, get a job in a meat packing company, and starts a company football team. He threw the team's first pass, scored their first TD, and kicked their first FG. They ended up naming a football field in Green Bay for the guy.

The Latino/Hispanic and the "nun I know in Haiti" working with ND folks are factual. So is the part above about Curly Lambeau. Gus Dorais was likely of French descent but he predates the "Fighting Irish" label.

Was the great grandpa Heisler reference (current ND S.I.D. is John Heisler) too subtle?

goldandblue
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
very nice. I was not aware of this.

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Are there any good books about the real stories of ND's origins? I'd like to know more about my favorite team's history.

BGIF
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
very nice. I was not aware of this.

the factual or the facetious?

BGIF
05-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Are there any good books about the real stories of ND's origins? I'd like to know more about my favorite team's history.

I started a response here but am going to move to a new Thread under ND Football rather than psot in this kid's recruiting thread.

notredomer23
05-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Its not like hes going to be Irish anyway

jason_h537
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
His parents are Haitian.

Thank you

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Its not like hes going to be Irish anyway

Yup, he's going to go to FSU.

BGIF
05-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Yup, he's going to go to FSU.

Check the Calvin Smith thread. He's seem to be serious about playing with Lemonier. Can you confirm that?

IrishInFl
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Sure, I'll find out tonight.

IrishInFl
06-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Update!!!

Talked to Gene tonight, and... he knows nothing about Lemonier and Calvin Smith! Pretty lame, eh? Anyway, he did say that the package deal thing is not likely. He said that package deals happen so rarely, that he will believe it when he see's it.

On a side note, LaMarcus Joyner will commit to FSU within two weeks. Jeff Luc may do so too.

Rizzophil
06-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the update about LJ and Luc. Interesting. FSU is finally starting to get more and more elite athletes like in the 90's.

IrishInFl
06-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah, it looks like FSU is going to have a great recruiting class this season, which sucks because I hate FSU.

Polish Leppy 22
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone remember this guy? Nothing new, but I thought this one quote was newsworthy.

Under Armour All-American defensive end Corey Lemonier (Hialeah, Fla.) described his official visit to Tallahassee, Fla. for the Florida State v. Miami-FL contest as "a perfect 10," ESPN affiliate Web site NoleInsider.com reports.

"It was good, it was really good," Lemonier continued. "We took a campus tour, we ate, we hung around with the True Seminoles, and they help the football team, so we were helping out with them. Then we were chillin' before the game, and then went out onto the field and watched them warm-up and that's basically it."

However, the ESPNU 150 prospect is still also considering Florida, Miami-FL, Auburn, Tennessee, Illinois and New Mexico and considering official visits to check out the Tigers and Lobos.

"I'm just looking for somebody who shows me the most love," he said. "Somewhere that I feel I will best fit in."

I think we now know why he and the ND staff didn't develop a warm, fuzzy, long-lasting relationship.

DirtySecret
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Anyone remember this guy? Nothing new, but I thought this one quote was newsworthy.

Under Armour All-American defensive end Corey Lemonier (Hialeah, Fla.) described his official visit to Tallahassee, Fla. for the Florida State v. Miami-FL contest as "a perfect 10," ESPN affiliate Web site NoleInsider.com reports.

"It was good, it was really good," Lemonier continued. "We took a campus tour, we ate, we hung around with the True Seminoles, and they help the football team, so we were helping out with them. Then we were chillin' before the game, and then went out onto the field and watched them warm-up and that's basically it."

However, the ESPNU 150 prospect is still also considering Florida, Miami-FL, Auburn, Tennessee, Illinois and New Mexico and considering official visits to check out the Tigers and Lobos.

"I'm just looking for somebody who shows me the most love," he said. "Somewhere that I feel I will best fit in."

I think we now know why he and the ND staff didn't develop a warm, fuzzy, long-lasting relationship.

Is it because we weren't all over his nut sack?