PDA

View Full Version : '10 TX LB Caleb Lavey (OK State Verbal)

Irishlew
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Caleb Lavey - Inside linebacker (6'4'' - 220lbs)
Celina High School (Celina, TX)

Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 220 lbs
Forty: 4.56 secs
Bench max: 285 pounds
Squat max: 435 pounds
Vertical: 27 inches
GPA: 4.0
Class: 2010 (HS - December Grad)

Star Ratings
Scout - n/a
Rivals - n/a

Stats

2008 (Jr.) 200 Tck ~ 5 Sck ~ 2 Fr

Schools of Interest

Notre Dame
Arizona
Arkansas
Duke
Oklahoma State
Stanford
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU

Website
Welcome to CalebLavey.com (http://www.caleblavey.com/index.htm)

Irishlew
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
2008 Season Awards

District 9-3A Defensive Player of the Year
3A All Area (D/FW) Defensive Player of the Year
3A All State Defensive Player of the Year

adsnorri
02-11-2009, 07:20 PM
This kid looks like a beast!!! I was scared for the running backs on the other teams...wow.

Junkhead
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
200 tackles in a season!?

Irish52
02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
He and Teo together would be awesome! I just wonder what our chances are to secure this kid?

Rocket's Rocket Fan
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow I like what I see. Hits like a truck and looks pretty fast on film

Irishlew
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
He and Teo together would be awesome! I just wonder what our chances are to secure this kid?

he says he doesn't have an allegiance to any Texas schools. Surprised and excited about Notre Dames offer. Visiting Oklahoma State this weekend.

sportallyr
02-11-2009, 10:41 PM
4.0 GPA. Seem like ND material. Lets get him Charlie and Co.

irishmarine
02-12-2009, 01:24 AM
may not have any allegiance but alot of pressure

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-12-2009, 02:30 AM
I think Texas already has two lb commits right now so maybe that will sway him to look to South Bend.

Swash
02-12-2009, 07:18 AM
2007-2008 Highlight Videos: Caleb's Videos (http://www.caleblavey.com/videos.htm)

His website does not show ND showing any interest in him... maybe someone should tell his webmaster.

Stats

2006:
104 Tackles**
6 Sacks
3 Interceptions
4 Fumbles Recovered**

2007:
114 Tackles**
1 Sack
3 Interceptions - 1 TD
1 Caused Fumble
1 Fumble Recovery

2008:
200 Tackles**
5 Sacks
3 Caused Fumbles
2 Fumble Recoveries
3 Batted Passes
4 Passes Broken Up

** Lead Team

irish4ever
02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
4.0 GPA. Seem like ND material. Lets get him Charlie and Co.

Agreed! Plus being 6'4" and 220 lbs w/ sub 4.6 40 speed as a Jr. .... ND should lock in on him!

Clausen2Kamara
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Would be nice to pull a stud away from Texas...That game in San Antonio could help us with him...

fightinirish68
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
i think manti is kinda overrated. but this kid is the truth. if you watch his films he reads great. i mean i realize that it is his HIGHLIGHT tape and there wont be any negative plays on it but to have that many tackles just speaks volume for instincts. but if u watch some plays, it looks like its a break down in the oline because the holes he runs thru to make the tackles are dumb

WabashFalcon
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
i think manti is kinda overrated. but this kid is the truth. if you watch his films he reads great. i mean i realize that it is his HIGHLIGHT tape and there wont be any negative plays on it but to have that many tackles just speaks volume for instincts. but if u watch some plays, it looks like its a break down in the oline because the holes he runs thru to make the tackles are dumb

Then post that on T'eo's thread. This has nothing to do with him.

Clausen2Kamara
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
He looks good but to say Te'o is overrated....I disagree. Best LB prospect I've seen since Galippo.

WabashFalcon
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
C2K, I'm with ya buddy. T'eo os fantastic on tape and in NO way overrated. Need I go back to what Sneaky Pete said about T'eo?

Clausen2Kamara
02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks bro, I'm telling you I think this kid is really special. Time will tell but he is the sure thing of this class as is Henderson is of the 2010 class.

fightinirish68
02-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Then post that on T'eo's thread. This has nothing to do with him.

6 words about manti. the rest are about caleb. calm down man. i was just makin a statement towards the guy who said caleb lavey and manti would be good together

fightinirish68
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
C2K, I'm with ya buddy. T'eo os fantastic on tape and in NO way overrated. Need I go back to what Sneaky Pete said about T'eo?

"then post that on teo's thread"

WabashFalcon
02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
You caught it FI68! Woo!

NeuteredDoomer
02-12-2009, 11:11 PM
"then post that on teo's thread"

lol. Wabash, you just experienced a touché

In Texas, 3A is a very small division. A big fish can look good in a small pond. I need to watch some video on this guy. He sounds incredible. And then I will fall asleep and spill my latest purchase of Cracker Jacks (gift inside).

EDIT

I just watched the video that Swash provided. Geez. Man amongst boys. If the posted stats are accurate then ND better start selling cookies to get this guy.

Just watched more highlights of today's ND victory over Louisville.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

irish4ever
02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Need I go back to what Sneaky Pete said about T'eo?

Please do ..... refresh our memory!

Folsteam_Ahead
02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
lol. Wabash, you just experienced a touché

In Texas, 3A is a very small division. A big fish can look good in a small pond. I need to watch some video on this guy. He sounds incredible. And then I will fall asleep and spill my latest purchase of Cracker Jacks (gift inside).

EDIT

I just watched the video that Swash provided. Geez. Man amongst boys. If the posted stats are accurate then ND better start selling cookies to get this guy.

Just watched more highlights of today's ND victory over Louisville.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

texas has a last list of divisions. 3A is typically just smaller in student body size than a 5A school. i'm sure the competition is still very strong. texas football is no joke even in 3A. it's much different than these private school leagues. it's easier to evaluate 3A talent than the talent in Oaks Christian's league in CA.

with that said i know nothing about this kid or his schedule, but it would be a good idea to do a little google research. see what his stats were in the 3A playoffs. then you know it was against solid competition.

not knockin ya. just throwin out some info on texas football. it's my homeland.

WabashFalcon
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Please do ..... refresh our memory!

T'eo is the greatest player Pete Carrol has ever attempted to recruit. THAT is saying something.

NeuteredDoomer
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
...not knockin ya. just throwin out some info on texas football. it's my homeland.

I didn't take it as a knock. Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me.

(Oops...digressing...)

I might be willing to bet I know a bit more about Texas than you think. :)

Texas starts at 1A and goes up to 5A with a "big" 5A Division 1 and "small" 5A division II, both with student populations over 2000. More or less....

1A is for the little schools and the divisions progress by school population. There is about a snowball's chance in hell that any 3A school could ever defeat any 5A school, either DI or DII if they competed for the same state championship. 3A schools have about 300 students (male) to choose from. 5A schools have about 1500 (male).

Private schools have separate championships and leagues, but compete with public schools during the regular season.

(If my memory is correct...)

I happened to be in Waco Texas at a cheap motel one night. (Wut? Don't like cheap motels? The money I saved by staying at a cheap motel allowed me to purchase a cheap pack of cigs and some cheap beer. Shheeeiittt....) I stepped out of the room and heard band music. I looked around and saw some stadium lights. I drove to the stadium. The band, the stadium, the crowd, the athletes. Unbelievable production. I thought I was at a pro ballgame. I also saw another game at (of all places -ACamp) El Paso Texas. It was (of all teams - Ever seen the movie "Friday Night Lights?") Odessa Permian against an El Paso school. The speed and precision of that team was incredible. I think they ran 4 plays all night. Sweep right, sweep left, dive up the middle, and streak. They were surprisingly very small, but lightning quick and confident.

Had vehicle trouble passing through El Paso another time. (Great people. Fast help.) Local rivalry game was so big and anticipated crowd was so big that the game was moved to the GAWDDAM SUN BOWL.

I have watched a couple of random high school games in Cali. Great athletes. But I was at a random semifinal game in a random town. I think in attendance was maybe a couple of parents and me. Not even the friggen cheerleaders showed up. I'm sure football is big in Cali (from a production standpoint - athletes are amazing), but probably nothing like the few I watched in Texas.

Bubba
02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Just to brag on my nephew (and godson)...

He is a DE for the Katy Tigers. This year's Texas 5A div 2 champion. He's not a starter, but we think he will be next year. Go Tigers!!

NeuteredDoomer
02-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Just to brag on my nephew (and godson)...

He is a DE for the Katy Tigers. This year's Texas 5A div 2 champion. He's not a starter, but we think he will be next year. Go Tigers!!
GOODNESS! DE for the KATY TIGERS? That is definitely something to brag about. Congratulations to you and your nephew and family my friend.

Katy is definitely a Texas POWERHOUSE in multiple sports.

NDinL.A.
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
New article on him and Boyd from FL.

Scout.com: Recruiting Week in Review (http://notredame.scout.com/2/852896.html)

Loved his visit and seems to really like Weis.

“I couldn’t have been more impressed,” he said. “It was a great visit. He just told me he was very interested in me and that they’re trying to build a program and he thought I’d be a big part of it. I like coach Weis and he’ll be the guy that will turn otre Dame around and I’m excited to see what he can do with Notre Dame.”

He's only a 3 star, yet he has offers from schools like Nebraska, Oklahoma, and ND. I like that offer list...

SoCalDomer
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
OK State Verbal