PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA S Sean Parker (Washington Commit)

NDinL.A.
02-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Sean Parker- Safety (6'0"; 200lbs)
Narbonne HS (Harbor City, CA)

Combine
Forty: Seconds
Bench Reps: N/A
Bench Max: N/A
Squat Max: N/A
Shuttle: N/A
Vertical: N/A
Broad Jump: 7-11

GPA: 3.8

Star Ratings
Rivals: N/A
Scout: ****

Statistics
Sophomore: Tackles = 55; INT's = 5
Junior: 66 Tackles, 6 INT's

Schools of Interest
Notre Dame (offered)
Georgia Tech
USC
Florida
Arizona State (offered)
Stanford (offered)
UCLA
Washington State (offered)
Oregon (offered)
Minnesota (offered)
Colorado (offered)

NDinL.A.
02-08-2009, 01:30 AM
*Excellent safety who is a teammate of current USC signee Bryon Moore.

*Rivals has him listed as potentially the safety in CA next year.

* Has ND as his top school, but he'll take his time and take all his visits before making a decision.

* Scout has him listed at 5'10", 175, but that was after his sophomore year.

* He went to USC's camp, but hasn't been offered as of yet. WOuld be great to steal another one from USC, and Brian Polian is recruiting him.

Here's a link:

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=West_Recruiting)

Irishlew
02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
great news...ND in the lead for another great Cali player.

The Polish Irishman
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
He is best friends with Moore..he will be going to USC

Irishlew
02-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Why do people make these assumptions all the time? Te'o has 2 cousins at BYU and where did he end up? As far as Te'o knew when he made his commitment was his HS teammates Hillard and Toma were going to UCLA...and where did he end up? back to Parker. He also stated he wants out of Cali and that Notre Dame is in the lead. I figured after Manti's Commitment this place would be less negative, at least until after the first game.

WabashFalcon
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM

Negative Nancy!

Irish 83
02-08-2009, 07:16 PM

I swear if Usc gets this safety I will be very pissed! They just loaded up on five safeties in this years recruiting haul, and all of them were at least 4stars (whatever that is worth).
I am just saying, with Usc having so much young depth, it has got to influence his decision, if indeed he is seriously considering them.
I think we have a great shot to land him.

Clausen2Kamara
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
I agree. I think we are in the driver's seat for this kid. We could offer him much more earlier PT and we just got 2 kids from LA area last year.

OCIrish
02-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah, Southern Cal has gotten like, 8 safeties the last few years. We should have a legitimate shot at landing him.

irishmarine
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM
but for some reason kids will still go there and wait til thier junior year to play. it will only change when we win against them. and i for one think this year may be the year.

Dacian_Irish
02-09-2009, 12:49 AM
they only got one S in 2008 and 4 this year. We should get 3 solid Safeties for 2010.

Clausen2Kamara
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
they only got one S in 2008 and 4 this year. We should get 3 solid Safeties for 2010.

Agreed. If we win as many as I think we will, safties and every other position players will be flocking to come here..This year is soooooooo important.

irishmarine
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
important for sooooo many reasons

NeuteredDoomer
02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
but for some reason kids will still go there and wait til thier junior year to play...

Have you seen the women?

YouTube - David Lee Roth - California Girls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao3beWwtEdI)

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Tried to post a link but i guess im not allowed to. Brian Polian who has been making the rounds at local high schools last week made a visit to Sean Parker. He spent the day there talking to Parker and the coaches.

jason_h537
05-20-2009, 03:01 AM
On 4HL, there is a guy who claims to be ralated to one of Parkers coaches. Says that Corwin was in town to talk to him, and that Parker reaaly likes Coach Brown.

The Polish Irishman
05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I just don't see him leaving Cali, best friends with Moore. Smells like U$C all day.

jason_h537
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Why not he has said in the past he would like to play outside of the state. He has always shown alot of interest in Notre Dame and Penn State.

The Polish Irishman
05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I'll eat my shoe if he comes to ND. Size 12 medium rare.

IHateMarkMay
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

I'll grill it for you if you have to eat it.

jason_h537
07-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Sean Parker has set his OV for the opening game vs Nevada. I love this kid, lets whoop some ass

BGIF
07-03-2009, 11:47 PM

Nine or ten years ago Mike Frank was so convinced that a recruit was bound for ND that he said he would paint his blue if Kelly Baraka didn't end up at ND. He went to UM. At the next Blue & Gold game somebody showed up at Mike's tailgate with blue paint and a brush.

Be careful what you promise, somebody will remember.

jason_h537
07-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Kid is the best Safety this year IMO. Now i know i am incredibaly biased toward Cali football players, but the guy is a hell of a Safety. I've been reading that Polian is all over this kid. I'm talking restraining order type attention.

WabashFalcon
07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Kid is the best Safety this year IMO. Now i know i am incredibaly biased toward Cali football players, but the guy is a hell of a Safety. I've been reading that Polian is all over this kid. I'm talking restraining order type attention.

That type of behavior sounds like it may end Polian up in a cell with a larger, meaner man named Bubba who has an affinity for man-on-man love and shanking.

BGIF
07-04-2009, 01:07 AM
... i am incredibaly biased toward Cali football players ...

Really!

I doubt anybody had a clue you were biased.

Bubba
07-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Really!

I soooo love sarcasm!!! Reps!

jason_h537
07-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Really!

LOL, i can see how you were confused. I show so lil love to these kids

NDinL.A.
07-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Sean Parker has set his OV for the opening game vs Nevada. I love this kid, lets whoop some ass

Thanks for the info. Very good news indeed. We can't pull a SDSU in this game. Parker is the real deal, and I'd very happy with him and Badger, plus maybe even another stud in the fold at safety...

BGIF
07-09-2009, 05:57 AM
7/8 Per Biggins ESPN

Parker will take all 5 Offiicals plus unofficials to local schools USC and UCLA.

I'm going to ND (Sept. 4). I'm also setting a visit to Michigan, but I haven't locked in the date yet. After that, I'm pretty open and really don't know who will get my last 3 visits but I do plan to take all 5. I'm in no hurry to make my decision. In fact, the plan for me is to wait until signing day before I announce. So I'm going to take my time, do my research, take all my visits and then make a solid decision.

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 09:26 AM
All the Cali kids are paying their way to the Cali schools... And you can do everything you would in an Offical visit, right? The college just picks up the tab?

BGIF
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
All the Cali kids are paying their way to the Cali schools... And you can do everything you would in an Offical visit, right? The college just picks up the tab?

As best I can recall you can do everything allowed on the Offical but the recruit has to pay all expenses himself. If there's a free meal he has to pay the going rate. If he goes to the game he buys his own ticket (the university is allowed to make one available at face price. If he stays over night, his dime. No allowance for travel.

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
That's what I figured... but U$C only rolls out the red carpet when you take an official.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
That's what I figured... but U$C only rolls out the red carpet when you take an official.

The Song Girls gargle regardless.

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The Song Girls gargle regardless.

HA!

jason_h537
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Says that Notre Dame and Penn State are recruiting him the hardets. Way to go Polian. Also said in a premium article that he is seriously considering playing outside of Cali.

wpeifer
09-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Wasn't he on campus today for the Nevada game? ...Hope he was there to see the first shutout since 2002.

jason_h537
09-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Now the 23rd best safety according to Rivals. Hope he has a monster senior year to shut them up because this kid can play. may not be the fastest or most athletic but you can't teach his insticts and he hits like a truck. Reminds me of Bob Sanders.

NDinL.A.
09-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Per ISD, Parker had a great visit and really enjoyed the family-like atmosphere. He hit it off great with Justin Utopo, who also was there for the first time and loved his visit. Unfortunately, while he loved the visit, Parker still claims no favorites, but ND definitely helped their cause...

Mavericknyc1980
09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Man that is good news. That played a solid and strong Football game.

BGIF
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Per Greg Biggins ESPN

DB Parker visits Notre Dame - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4457557&name=West_Recruiting)

Defensive back Sean Parker (Harbor City, Calif./Narbonne) took a visit to Notre Dame this past weekend and you can expect the Irish to be in it until the very end for the hard-hitting safety.

Parker expects to take all five visits and may hold off making his decision until national signing day in February. The trip to South Bend was visit No. 1 for Parker.
"The trip was cool, I really enjoyed myself," Parker said. "The game atmosphere was great and the football players are just loved there. I love how passionate the fans are and how much support they show the program.
"They had signs with my name on it and were chanting for me. I like the coaches a lot too. They're always positive and have something good to say to you. Everything about the visit was nice, I really can't think of a single negative. I liked the location a lot and the weather was even nice so it was just a great visit."
Parker has yet to set any other official visits, but said Michigan and Washington are two schools he'll visit for sure. USC will get an unofficial visit and Cal, Arizona State and Tennessee are fighting for his last two official visits.

BGIF
10-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Sean Parker Notre Dame has been in the race for a long time, and its obvious the Irish need safety help in the worst way. Question is, when will Parker be ready to make a formal decision?

Status quo

NDinL.A.
10-25-2009, 04:39 AM
Visited SC on an unofficial visit last night vs. Oregon St...

BGIF
11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
per insider.ESPN.go.com
Sean Parker caught a pair of touchdown passes for Narbonne (Harbor City, Calif.) in its 36-7 victory over Gardena (Calif.), according to the Daily Breeze.

WabashFalcon
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
And we are... where with him now?

The Polish Irishman
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
According to ISD:

He was very excited about the hiring of Coach Kelly

WabashFalcon
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
According to ISD:

He was very excited about the hiring of Coach Kelly

Opens bottle of Jergins.

Oh yeah baby...

JefMaj
12-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Opens bottle of Jergins.

Oh yeah baby...

LOL.....

NDinL.A.
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Aaannnnndddd, more bad news. Parker eliminated the Irish, per ISD, and is down to 3; Cal, USC, and Michigan. Earlier in the day, he told ESPN he was down to SC, Michigan and ND. Said he loved his trip to ND, and Kelly had already left him a message and he was going to call Kelly back. Said that Michigan was recriuting him the hardest, he loved his visit there, and they were probably in the lead.

Then he texted ISD and told them he took ND off his list.

Before you go jumping off the cliff...these things are to be expected. These guys were recruited by CW and his staff. Now there is a coaching change, and with that will come defections. But be patient, there will be guys coming on board as well. Kelly will be doing in-home visits when permitted and he'll turn it up. Just gotta be patient. You'll hear more about these things before you hear good news, because coaches are limited at this time. I personally have faith that Kelly will get this thing going...

OCIrish
12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey, another top recruit off the board, and on the defensive side of the ball, no less. Great. I'm excited about the look of the defense in a few years!!!!!!

montanaquade
12-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I am apreciating peoples opinions about the recruits.
I just want to say that Brian Kelly did not bring all this about.
Charlie Weis did this to Notre Dame.
I Know we will lose some recruits which i hate to see happen but wait till we start winning again with whom we have.
This will all be forgotten.
We Must Trust Brian Kelly to do with Notre Dame what he did with Cinci and the other schools.
We will return to Glory again beleive in that.

IHateMarkMay
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I am apreciating peoples opinions about the recruits.
I just want to say that Brian Kelly did not bring all this about.
Charlie ( Lose Some Weight) Weis did this to Notre Dame.
I Know we will lose some recruits which i hate to see happen but wait till we start winning again with whom we have.
This will all be forgotten.
We Must Trust Brian Kelly to do with Notre Dame what he did with Cinci and the other schools.
We will return to Glory again beleive in that.

I'd watch that, the mods might get after ya for it.

montanaquade
12-17-2009, 10:51 PM
thanks for the heads - up.
I will be careful about what i post.

OCIrish
12-17-2009, 10:51 PM
You've made 3 posts and your going to put shit about a mans weight in there? Fucking do better than that, and as far as I'm concerned, seeing is believing, I'll believe that BK will turn ND around when I see it.

The Polish Irishman
12-17-2009, 11:19 PM

No shoe for me

WabashFalcon
12-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Speaking of losing weight, I'm sheading my playing fat. Down from 310 to 276. My knees feel fantastic now.

jason_h537
12-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Already miss Polian. I wonder who Riley is considering his favorite now?

Its ok Florida nd SC can have those highly rated players, kelly will coach em up. Bring on Cillinsworth

NDinL.A.
12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Already miss Polian. I wonder who Riley is considering his favorite now?

Its ok Florida nd SC can have those highly rated players, kelly will coach em up. Bring on Cillinsworth

Jason, it's been a week. You're already gonna kill a guy who was hired LAST FRIDAY? A coaching change was needed. And guess what, a coaching change hurts in recruiting, because of the relationships the staff builds with players. And guess what, we lost players even with CW on staff (need I remind you of Hunter, Trattou, et al?).

Would you rather have CW still coaching us, and ND being a mediocre team with 4 and 5 stars running all over the field, or would you rather have a mediocre recruiting year with a coach who has a proven track record of 'coaching them up'? ND wins on the field next year with a bunch of studs being coached by a college winner, and the recruits will come. And anyways, wait until Feb 3rd to announce that the sky is falling.

Sucks to lose out on Parker, but he wasn't guaranteed to ND even with Weis and Polian. Michigan guys thought they had a great shot at him, as did the USC guys. We were 3rd anyways...

fitz_bu47
12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously, Fellas there is always change in recruiting classes when there is a coaching change....No recruit goes to a school JUST for the school, for some (a lot of our commits, which is awesome) the school is enough to outweigh the loss of the relationships w/ the previous staff, for others it is not....We will end up w/ who we are supposed to, and they and Coach Kelly will take us back to the top.

Big23Head
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Ok I am confused...this ESPN article says Parker narrowed to three...Michigan, ND, and USC

USC visits with Stanford commit Zumwalt - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4752350&name=West_Recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4752350%26name%3dWest _Recruiting)

This competes with ISD's report/Twitter...both reported almost at the same time yesterday

WabashFalcon
12-18-2009, 02:24 PM
So... who's blowing smoke up my asscrack right now? Do we still have a chance or not?

NDinL.A.
12-18-2009, 03:18 PM
So... who's blowing smoke up my asscrack right now? Do we still have a chance or not?

He personally texted ISD's Steve Wiltfong to tell him that he had just cut his list to three and that he would not be considering ND anymore. That was after the ESPN report came out. For now, he's gone...

WabashFalcon
12-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks L.A..

jakerbluegold
12-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Would you rather have CW still coaching us, and ND being a mediocre team with 4 and 5 stars running all over the field, or would you rather have a mediocre recruiting year with a coach who has a proven track record of 'coaching them up'?

Exactly what I'm thinking. Recruiting is important, we all know that. What Ty Losingham didn't do with the draw that Notre Dame has still amazes me.

Kelly will recruit. It might not be the almighty 5 stars, but I think he knows what he's doing. He'll bring in the guys he want and actually coach them up!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Alright complete confusion. ESPN and Rivals reported that he named a top 3 and it is us, Michigan, and USC.

Scout reported he has named a top3 that consists of USC, Michigan, and Cal. Anyone know who is right?

jason_h537
12-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Go back 1 or 2 pages. NDinLA answers you question

jason_h537
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Went with U Dub.