PDA

View Full Version : '10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

Pages : [1] 2

NDinL.A.
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
<font size=3><b>KYLE PRATER | Wide Receiver</b></font>

<table><tr><td width="200">Hillside, Illinois
Proviso West

<b>Height:</b> 6'5"
<b>Weight:</b> 205 lbs
<b>Forty:</b> 4.56 secs
<b>Bench:</b> 245 lbs
<b>Squat:</b> 315 lbs
<b>GPA:</b> 3.3</td>
<td valign="top"><b>RANKING</b>
Rivals: :s::s::s::s::s:, Wide Recievers (1), National (2), Rating 6.1
Scout: :s::s::s::s::s:, Wide Receivers (2)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, Wide Receivers (8), National (43), Grade 82

<b>STATISTICS | Receiving</b>
Junior: 60 Rec, 948 Yds, 9 TD</tr></td></table>

<b>COLLEGE CHOICES</b><table><tr><td width="125"><b>School</b></td><td width="175"><b>Interest</b></td><td width="50"><b>Offer</b></td><td width="125"><b>Visit</b></td></tr><tr><td>Southern Cal</td><td>SOFT VERBAL (9/2/2009)</td><td>Yes</td><td>None</td></tr><tr><td>Illinois</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>10/30/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Notre Dame</td><td>Medium</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/21/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Oklahoma</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/27/2009</td></tr></table>

NDinL.A.
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Picked up a verbal this weekend after junior day.

He is the cousin of Carlyle Holliday, former ND QB/WR.

He just won the Most Valuable Player Award for the Army National Combine. Kid looks legit, and it's nice that we have a ND tie in, plus he's in the next state. His forty time is already great, and it'll only get faster in his senior year...

goldandblue
01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Great glad to hear it This has been a good weekend. That has us at receivers and 1 o lineman right??

NDinL.A.
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Nice article on him on Scout:

Scout.com: Hulbert Prodigy Prater Blowing Up (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=839173)

Unfortunately, Illinois is in the lead, and there was no mention of ND in the article. Doesn't mean we're not in it though, and his cousin did play for ND. But his coach is a former Illini and his best friend committed to Illinois already...

IHateMarkMay
02-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.

NDinL.A.
02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.

So did Starling (LOL)...

IHateMarkMay
02-15-2009, 03:50 PM
So did Starling (LOL)...

Isn't he majoring in anatomy? haha

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.

NDinL.A.
05-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.

Depending on what you read and where you read, some people think these kids are so close they're a package deal. But from most of the articles, it sounds like they would love to play together but it's not a dealbreaker. Remember, Cooper is a soft IL verbal, so if they do want to play together it looks like it's between IL and ND. And Cooper said he might have verballed to ND on the spot had he made it to their junior day a few months back, so you know there's some big time interest there. Still a long ways to go though...

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Stanford offered Cooper recently so if they want to play together that is now a third option. I tend not to buy the hype of "package deals" but it certianly couldnt hurt as a sell.

jason_h537
05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$

GOLDENISTHYTATE
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
More bad news via ESPN. Prater recently visited Oklahoma and said he was blown away by his visit. He threw in a tidbit that Illinois and Notre Dame was cool, but I don't want to be the cool school. I want to be the knock you off your butt school. Come on Prater, Carlyle loved it here!

jason_h537
05-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah this kid just doesn't seem that interested in being at Notre Dame. Oh well, hopefully Justin McCay gets on board. I still think some of these kids will change their mind oncewe start winning.

NDinL.A.
05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$

That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...

OCIrish
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...

Yeah, this isn't over, yet...

GOLDENISTHYTATE
05-12-2009, 04:07 PM
It's not over till I say it's over

BGIF
05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
More bad news via ESPN. Prater recently visited Oklahoma and said he was blown away by his visit. He threw in a tidbit that Illinois and Notre Dame was cool, but I don't want to be the cool school.

Here's Prater's quote.
I really liked Oklahoma a lot. Notre Dame and Illinois were nice too, but Oklahoma really blew me away.

Was he really blown away compared to his previous visits or was it a case of the most recent visit was freshest in the mind? Like many recruits he's been impressed at a number of places. He probably got to hold a Heisman Trophy and shake the winner's hand. That would be impressive. I wouldn't be suprised if a USC visit impressed him more than OU. There aren't many palm trees or rap stars at practice in Norman. Then again their practice field doesn't get driveby shootings like USC's does on Figueroa.

Compare the Spring games results for each school, I believe Prater attended all three:

Ill Williams 13-26 150yd 0-1TD (since Williams wore a “no tackle” redshirt they didn't run their usual OPTION attack but threw – a lot!) A sight for WR to see!
OU Bradford was 11-13 97 0-1TD TEAM QBs: 23-35-263-1-3 Rushing 52 attempts for 27 yards Again a sight for a WR to see!
ND Clausen was 8-17, Team QBs 14-29 161 1-0; ND ran 59 times 67% Weis wasn't pandering to the WR.
Compare the 3 coaches records at ILL, ND and OU.

Zook: 4 yrs 18-30 0.375 winning % - Only 1 coach (Gary Moeller) that coached there in the last 30 years had a worse record. Only 1 other coach that was there for more than 2 years in the past century had a worse record
Weis: 4 yrs 29-21 0.58% - Only 1 coach at ND in past 30 yrs had a worse record (Faust).
Stoops: 9 yrs 109-24 0.819% - Only 2 coaches in OU history (Switzer and Wilkerson) have better records - barely better. In 9 yrs Stoops has one NC trophy, 6 Big 12 Trophies, and 7 Big 12 South Trophies.
ND and ILL have gotten how many championship trophies in that time?

ND and ILL have played in how many major bowls in that time?

OU's RECENT trophy case is impressive. So's ND's but those trophies all came BEFORE Prater was born. And OU's among the leaders in career wins and National Championships like ND.

Now consider that Carroll has an even better record than Stoops - across the board.

If Prater holds true to his schedule and makes all 5 officials AND ND gets double digit wins, ND will be in the thick of things.

I want to be the knock you off your butt school. ...

Let him come to South Bend on Oct 17th for an Official.

YouTube - We Will Rock You (Queen Rocks) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlFZ2w0RV-8)

IHateMarkMay
05-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Very well done BGIF, very well done indeed.

BGIF
05-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Prater visiting Ann Arbor this weekend for Burgers in The Big House.

Clausen2Kamara
05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
The only way we get this guy is if we win 10 games and show him we can let it fly consistantly which I think we should do...will we? That remains to be seen....

IHateMarkMay
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
It'd be great if we did.

BGIF
06-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Blue chips, friendship, scholarships
Blue chips, friendship, scholarships :: FOOTBALL :: YourSeason (http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1600319,053009-football-recruiting-prater-cooper-illinois.article)
May 30, 2009 BY TAYLOR BELL

Kyle Prater and Corey Cooper are best friends. They live in Maywood about two minutes from each other. While Cooper attends Proviso East, Prater's mother opted to send her son to Proviso West. But they see each other every day, hang out at the mall on weekends and work out every Sunday. They also are two of the top five football prospects in the Chicago area in the Class of 2010. They talk frequently about going to the same college together, and Cooper, who committed to Illinois as a sophomore, is hoping to persuade Prater to be his roommate in Champaign.
"If I make a final decision to go to Illinois, I think he'll come with me," Cooper said. "It's hard to leave an in-state school. There are a lot of positives involved. The school is doing well, the program is rebuilding, the coaching is good and his family will have a chance to see him play."
The 6-2, 202 FS is taking a cautious but certain route to the Illinois campus. After making his early commitment, his father advised him to visit other schools to weigh all of his options, just in case there was a coaching change or something else unforeseen. Cooper has 17 offers, including ND UTN UAZ and BC. But he insists he'll enroll at Illinois for the 2010-11 school year, that he won't waver from his earlier commitment. And he thinks he'll persuade Prater to join him. "Schools that keep the best in-state players at home, like Florida and Georgia and Texas, are dominant programs," Cooper said. "They have good teams every year. Illinois has the same opportunity if they keep the best in-state players in the state. My goal is to persuade Kyle to go to Illinois with me." Meanwhile, Prater has more than 30 offers. He likes Illinois -- his HS coach, Famous Hulbert, played there -- but he admits he likely won't commit until January or February, and national powers USC and OU definitely are included among his five finalists.
"Corey and I are looking at Illinois, Notre Dame and Tennessee together," Prater said. "The recruiting process hasn't gotten crazy, but I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. I'm still trying to find out which school is best for me. If I made a decision now, it would be too soon." The 6-4, 205 WR, rated among the top 40 players in the nation by every scouting service, will narrow his list to 10 schools within the next week or two, then to five when he's ready to make official visits. This isn't the game plan he had intended. "I'm still not sure which schools I'm most comfortable with," Prater said. "I wanted to make an early commitment, like Corey did, because I didn't want it to get crazy during the season. I didn't want recruiting to interfere with my team. But I want to keep my eyes open. I want to make the right decision. I don't want to have any regrets." Prater's reputation is spreading. The longer he waits, the more big-time programs likely will express interest and make offers. To prepare for his senior season, he has gained 15 pounds, improved his explosiveness and reduced his 40-yard dash time from 4.6 seconds to 4.48. "I want to make an impact at any school I go to," he said. "I want to play in a pro-style offense where they throw the ball a lot. I want to translate my game to the NFL. I feel wherever I go, I have the athletic ability to start right away because I have worked hard for it.

jason_h537
06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Fuck Illinois i hope they suck this year and Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl. Maybe that will sway them both

Irishlew
06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Fuck Illinois i hope they suck this year and Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl. Maybe that will sway them both

i believe it will. Especially if both Tate and Floyd go over 1000 yards. Looks like they want to go to school together and we're recruiting Cooper as a WR. BCS bowl would probably land both. It would be sick to land McCay, Cooper, and Prater in one year.

jason_h537
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I really doubt we get all three but that would be something. Id be happy with McCay and Cooper. McCay is the real deal, and ithere is just somethin about Cooper i like, cant really explain it.

BGIF
06-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I really doubt we get all three but that would be something. Id be happy with McCay and Cooper. McCay is the real deal, and ithere is just somethin about Cooper i like, cant really explain it.

If we get McCay to go with Smith isn't the focus on Slot Receiver?

jason_h537
06-01-2009, 07:22 PM
They want Cooper. Those three are theyre A Listers so I doubt they will pass.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-02-2009, 04:21 PM
i believe it will. Especially if both Tate and Floyd go over 1000 yards. Looks like they want to go to school together and we're recruiting Cooper as a WR. BCS bowl would probably land both. It would be sick to land McCay, Cooper, and Prater in one year.

Actually, the staff is recruiting the kid as a safety. He was one of the first DB offers that went out.

And for news on Prater, being this is his recruiting thread, ESPN has posted that we are still one of the schools that he is looking at, but he seems very intrigued by Oklahoma, Michigan, and unfortunately USC.

BGIF
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually, the staff is recruiting the kid as a safety. He was one of the first DB offers that went out.

I thought I had read Cooper as a Safety as well.

Irishlew
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM

And for news on Prater, being this is his recruiting thread, ESPN has posted that we are still one of the schools that he is looking at, but he seems very intrigued by Oklahoma, Michigan, and unfortunately USC.

pretty sure you're wrong. ND seems to be the only school out of his big offers that is recruiting him as a WR.

Irishlew
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Most schools are recruiting Cooper to play safety, but Notre Dame likes him at wide receiver.

"I don't have no preference," he said. "Whichever gets me on the field the fastest."

Recruiting coordinator Rob Ianello paid a visit to Proviso East High School on Thursday to check in on Cooper, who Notre Dame is recruiting at wide receiver. Illinois and some other programs have recruited Cooper at safety.

both those quotes are from separate rival's articles, one from April and one from May.

jason_h537
06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah Cooper is a wideout to the Irish.

BGIF
06-03-2009, 03:56 AM
WR Kyle Prater ... would like to soon trim his list to about 10 schools. Prater has visited Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Illinois -- all of which are likely to make the cut. "I like Oklahoma," Prater said. "I like Michigan too. I went to the barbecue they had on Saturday (at the Big House). It was real nice. I have a strong interest in USC too. Tennessee is another one I like, and Miami. There are a few others too." Prater has scholarship offers from all of the schools he mentioned. However, after he trims his list Prater has no plans to make a quick decision on his final destination. "I'm going to get it down to 10 schools sometime this month," he said. "I'm going to wait and take official visits. Not too many people take all five, but I'm going to try to take most of them or all of them." Prater will be in Champaign, Ill., on Saturday attending the Nike Football Training Camp at the University of Illinois.
Kurelic 6/2

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Apparently cut his list to 10
Illinois
Oklahoma
USC
MIchigan
Tennessee
Alabama
Auburn
Missouri
Miami
and Notre Dame

sportallyr
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I haven't been following '10 recruiting very closely. Where do we stand with him? Do we have a realistic chance at landing him?

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Id say he is lookin at USC Oklahoma Illinois Michigan and Notre Dame the most. At first i would have said we had a great shot but now we are in it still but not at the forefront

BGIF
06-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Id say he is lookin at USC Oklahoma Illinois Michigan and Notre Dame the most. At first i would have said we had a great shot but now we are in it still but not at the forefront

Do we have a realistic chance or are you just wishin' and hopin'?

Any basis?

irish4ever
06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Do we have a realistic chance or are you just wishin' and hopin'?

Any basis?

IMO, it's wishin' and hopin'!

BGIF
06-04-2009, 08:08 AM
IMO, it's wishin' and hopin'!

I'm in that column. He may really like ND. I don't know. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from the articles or snippets. And seeing Auburn on his Top 10 doesn't inspire me either.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-04-2009, 02:56 PM
This kid literally can go anywhere and has kept everything pretty close to the vest, which actually is refreshing to see from a kid. If we can somehow get Cooper to come on over to us though, we increase our chances with Prater ten-fold.

jason_h537
06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Just like with every elite oprospect we are going after this season. Our recruiting will only go as far as our success on the field. The fact that we are still on hisb radar is good at this point

Irishlew
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
we beat USC and we'll for sure open the eyes of these kids that are on the fence.

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:45 AM
we beat USC and we'll for sure open the eyes of these kids that are on the fence.

If their deciding factor is playing for a frontrunner.

If their concerned about early PT, Shaquelle Evans catching a couple of TD passes against the Trojans will close their eyes permanently.

Same for prospective LBs if Te'o, Motta, of Filer have a big game against the Trojans. "Weis really does give the younger guys a chance. Too bad, I'd have to compete with them for 3 years to get on the field."

Some players thrive on competition, other gravitate to a depth chart that's thin.

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 10:54 PM
If their deciding factor is playing for a frontrunner.

If their concerned about early PT, Shaquelle Evans catching a couple of TD passes against the Trojans will close their eyes permanently.

Same for prospective LBs if Te'o, Motta, of Filer have a big game against the Trojans. "Weis really does give the younger guys a chance. Too bad, I'd have to compete with them for 3 years to get on the field."

Some players thrive on competition, other gravitate to a depth chart that's thin.

Exactly right.
Thats why we got burned by so many transfers in Weis's first real class.
The staff has done a great job of evaluated and recruiting players that want to not only compete but be a part of Notre Dame. if we lose out because he wants gauranteed playing time then i could care less, butr most of the kids that are on the fence is because they want to be part of a winning program and do not want to deal with a possible coaching change.

jason_h537
06-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Told Rivals that he plans to cut list to 5

"I know definitely that Oklahoma, USC, and Illinois are definitely going to be in the top five. I'm not sure about the other two yet though."

BGIF
07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Rivals upgraded their Top 100 awarding Prater a 5th Star and moving him from #19 to #4 on their Top 100.

NDinL.A.
07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Good news! Prater told ISD that he has trimmed his list, and has a top 6 of (in no particular order): ND, OK, Tenn, USC, IL, and Alabama. He will take his OV's before making a decision...

IHateMarkMay
07-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Good news! Prater told ISD that he has trimmed his list, and has a top 6 of (in no particular order): ND, OK, Tenn, USC, IL, and Alabama. He will take his OV's before making a decision...

I really dont think he will end up at Tenn or Alabama. UT hasn't had good QB's since Peyton and don't look like they will pick one up this year, Alabama has an unproved QB, and even if they play Sims, he will still have frosh flaws. Haven't heard too much about USC with him. I thought I heard OU was near the front of his lists earlier in the cycle and Illinois is hometown school with his boy Cooper. Hopefully we snag Prater, add him to the list of All-American wide receivers we are getting.

jason_h537
07-24-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm actually surprised we made the list. I agree with IHMM that Tenn and Bama don't seem realistic but never count out Saban.

BillyIrish
07-24-2009, 01:08 AM
we talk about Prater playing along side floyd and tate, but maybe he is thinking he wants to play opposite Julio down in Tuscaloosa? Bama is certainly still in the thick of it. Tennessee is a mess recruiting QB's. so i would agree that the vols are a long shot.

WabashFalcon
07-24-2009, 01:12 AM
But he would look SO DAMN SEXY in Gold and Blue.

BGIF
07-24-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm actually surprised we made the list. I agree with IHMM that Tenn and Bama don't seem realistic but never count out Saban.

So am I. Has he retaken the ACT yet?

BGIF
07-24-2009, 09:44 AM
ESPNU 150 Watch List WR Kyle Prater cuts list down to six finalists

Highly-coveted pass-catcher Kyle Prater (Hillside, Ill./Proviso West) informed ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com that he has made cut amongst his list of suitors.

The 6-foot-6, 195-pound target is now only considering Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma, Illinois, Tennessee and USC.

Auburn, Missouri, Michigan and Miami-FL were eliminated from his list of 10.

Additionally, Prater plans on taking all five allotted official visits before announcing his decision.

Taking visits keeps ND in the contention as the season plays out.

BGIF
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Prater still wavering

Prater still wavering - Locker Room Prep Talk (http://blogs.suntimes.com/lockerroom/2009/07/prater_still_wavering.html#more)

By Taylor Bell 7/23

Proviso West's Kyle Prater, who has been elevated to the No. 4 ranking in the nation in Rivals' evaluations and is arguably one of the two or three leading wide receivers in the country, continues to waver on his college choice.
"I'm still trying to see what feels comfortable yet," Prater told me earlier this week. "It is more difficult than I thought it would be to make my decision. I want to make sure I won't have any regrets. I want to make some official visits so I probably will wait until after the season."
Even though Prater's close friend, Proviso East safety Corey Cooper, who long ago committed to Illinois, has publicly stated that he believes Prater will join him in Champaign, Prater isn't ready to announce his choice.

He has 40 scholarship offers. He said he has narrowed his list to six--Alabama, USC, Oklahoma, Illinois, Tennessee and Notre Dame. He plans to visit Tennessee on Aug. 1 and might visit Alabama before the season begins.
Prater knows what he is looking for. All of the six finalists are passing teams that have a reputation for developing talented wide receivers and have sent some to the NFL in recent years. Alabama's Julio Jones, Illinois' Arrelious Benn, USC's Damian Williams and Notre Dame's Golden Tate are among the best in the nation this season.
"I want to go to a school that is throwing the ball," he said. "I want to look at the offense and the wide receivers and see how they have developed wide receivers for the NFL."
Recruiting coordinator Randy Taylor of Chicago-based National Collegiate Scouting Association rated Prater as the No. 17 player in the nation. He believes there is no question that Prater can play as a freshman.
"He has a huge upside," Taylor said. "He hasn't gotten as big or as strong as he can be, which will make him faster. He will be a monster in a couple of years."
In the meantime, however, the 6-5, 205-pounder with 4.48 speed is working out with his high school team, attending 7-on-7 camps and working out with the strength and speed coaches.
"Right now I'm focusing on my team and trying to get better," Prater said. "Then I want to plan for official visits. I want to see the campus atmosphere and get a feel for it when I attend games. I will be the total package this season. When I go to camps, I want to compete and see how I match up against others."
Prater may not end up at Oklahoma. But he admits his visit to the Norman campus "was one of the visits that stuck out in my mind."
"I had heard so much about the school," Prater said. "It was a great environment, meeting the players and coach (Bob) Stoops. There was so much crimson red at the spring game. It was cool."

WabashFalcon
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Well... we gotz the passingz and we gotz the NFL developmentz...

jason_h537
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Prater is supposed to come back to Notre Dame in August.

NDsuperfan09
07-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Prater is supposed to come back to Notre Dame in August.

Is this confirmed anywhere? A visit and a chance is all we can ask for at this point. Produce on the field and I think our chances increase.

jason_h537
07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
4HL

IHateMarkMay
07-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Interesting From SI.com

Prater has narrowed his choices to Alabama, Illinois, Oklahoma, Tennessee and USC, and he plans to enroll in January and take part in spring practice before his freshman season.

link... Top wide receiver recruit Kyle Prater narrows choices to five - Andy Staples - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/07/27/prater/index.html)

WabashFalcon
07-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Well... shit.

NDinNM
07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Is he still coming in August?

jason_h537
07-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes he will be on campus for practice in august

NDinNM
07-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Ok good I wouldnt count are chances completely off yet

jason_h537
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Rivals today said that we have made great strides to close the gap with Prater so dont get all emo yet

WabashFalcon
07-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Rivals today said that we have made great strides to close the gap with Prater so dont get all emo yet

Sits down, removes mascara and white face paint. Takes off leather pants and jacket. Removes Bullet for my Valentine t-shirt. Hides razor blades. Attempts to smile at cruel, bleak world that doesn't understand me for the emotions I think I have. Thinks that life is a black abyss, growing tighter and tighter on me... just like a pair of my sister's jeans, which look great on me by the way.

jason_h537
07-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Sits down, removes mascara and white face paint. Takes off leather pants and jacket. Removes Bullet for my Valentine t-shirt. Hides razor blades. Attempts to smile at cruel, bleak world that doesn't understand me for the emotions I think I have. Thinks that life is a black abyss, growing tighter and tighter on me... just like a pair of my sister's jeans, which look great on me by the way.

comes running from behind picks up Wabash and throws him in the trash can

Thatll give you a reason to be emo.

WabashFalcon
07-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Stays in garbage. Continues to be emo.

jason_h537
07-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Per ESPN 7/24

Highly-coveted pass-catcher Kyle Prater (Hillside, Ill./Proviso West) informed ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com that he has made another cut amongst his list of suitors.

The 6-foot-6, 195-pound target is now only considering Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma, Illinois, Tennessee and USC. Auburn, Missouri, Michigan and Miami-FL were eliminated from his list of 10.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I'll take that for now. Go Irish!

WabashFalcon
07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I will feel even better after he slices U$C off of the list.

texas fighting irish
07-29-2009, 07:51 PM
I read that during the blue and gold game Prater and Cooper were there wearing ND caps and shirts. Does anyone know how true that story is? If one signs with us does the other sign as well?

IHateMarkMay
07-29-2009, 07:56 PM

I am trying to make my grass emo so it will cut it's self...

WabashFalcon
07-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I am trying to make my grass emo so it will cut it's self...

Ba Zing!

IrishAddiction
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
down to four now to scout? anybody premium?

Scout.com: Vols make Prater's top four (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=883980&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2fa. z%3fs%3d109%26p%3d2%26c%3d883980)

The Polish Irishman
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Apparently ND and Bama are out, but who knows at this point. ND will have to win to change his mind.

IrishAddiction
08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
shit the bed.

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Too bad. McCay is still visiting.

Junkhead
08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
shit the bed.

and the mattress too.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
08-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Apparently ND and Bama are out, but who knows at this point. ND will have to win to change his mind.

That sucks. Hopefully he'll see Golden Tate and Mike Floyd tearing it up every week on TV this season.

OCIrish
08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
There's been so much differant shit with his recruitment, that who in the hell knows what is really going on with him. I'll believe it when LOI day comes, then I'll really believe he knows where he's going.

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:13 PM
So if we are out who the hell is in? I thought we had a real shot with Prater so we have to win to our games to have a chance

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Apparently Notre Dame wanted 3-4 receivers this year with the hopes off landing a wideout class like 08. Right now it appears the only elite receivers we have a shot at is Prater and McCay and we have ground to make up on both. Always liked McCay better myself and if we do get an elite receiver this year it will likely be McCay over Prater.

texas fighting irish
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Are they both 5 stars

jason_h537
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Prater is a 5 star and McCay is a 5 star on scout and could very well get a 5th on rivals before the end of the year

irish73102
08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
hopefully we can get this kid great height and great hands

his best bud believes he is gonna go to illini but we'll see wat happens after he visits

NDinL.A.
08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Bye bye Prater. Is going to announce Sept 2nd, and he just visited USC yesterday, so you do the math.

We lost McCay and Prater on the same damn day basically. Luckily most of receiver talent is very young, so we're good at this spot, and things can definitely change, esp when receivers see Tate, Floyd co tear it up this year, but we can't have 2 bad classes in a row. In this past year we only got Shaq and Toma, so next year will be crucial for WR's if everything stays the same...

vinnymac2402
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Chill that smith kid from South Bend is pretty good and jackson from NJ is very fast. It was unlikely for us to get either of them beecause they want to start when they come thru the door and its not going to happen here

fitz_bu47
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I thought both McCay and Prater would take their officials, very suprising to me.

WabashFalcon
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Time to offer Jefferson.

jason_h537
08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I lost hope for Prater a long time ago but the McCay news sucks something fierce. Maybe Swigert gets another look? I agree Danny Smith can be a gem in a few years. Not sold on Jackson yet, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

NDinL.A.
08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I thought both McCay and Prater would take their officials, very suprising to me.

The new word is that Prater will still take all 5 OV's. For the millionth time, I don't see how you are 'committed' if you are taking OV's, but whatever. I remeber rerading that his first OV is to USC (again) on Sept. 5th. They play a boring game, followed by OSU the next week...

acerider8
08-12-2009, 01:52 PM
This kids looks all but gone to USC and is planning to officially announce on September 2nd now. I don't see how we a chance...

WabashFalcon
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Umm... because U$C gargles my balls. That is why we still have a chance.

chgocub23
08-12-2009, 10:56 PM
if there was an award for great statements made without logic wabash you would win this round.

WabashFalcon
08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
if there was an award for great statements made without logic wabash you would win this round.

Weeps and bows, collecting roses as thrown on stage.

YOU LIKE ME!!! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!

jason_h537
08-13-2009, 12:28 AM
If he goes to USC so be it. He hasn't shown much interest in Notre Dame, that is why we recruited guys like Blanton and Slaughter to cover USC's big recievers because he ain't gonna beat us deep.

IrishAddiction
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Announcing tomorrow.... anyone know what time? Seems high on USC (cali) but has notre dame connections being the cuz of Holliday.... we will see when it happens i guess.

The Polish Irishman
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, he will announce at 2:30pm. Seems to be all U$C. Ranked #2 in Rivals now.

phork
09-02-2009, 11:28 PM
USC'd officially now.

IrishAddiction
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
There goes two WR legacies to california this year.

OCIrish
09-03-2009, 05:44 PM
That's too bad, but Jones is still visiting for the SC game.

The Polish Irishman
10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
According to ISD:

Prater will be at the game this weekend. Unofficial visit

You think he going to be rooting for U$C, I hope not

jason_h537
10-13-2009, 09:28 PM
read that too

ab2cmiller
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
From sun times blog, bottom portion of article
Link (http://blogs.suntimes.com/lockerroom/2009/10/keeping_up_with_the_kardashian.html)

Prater, who committed to USC one week and announced he will continue to make visits a week later, apparently has cooled on USC after receiving an unfavorable report from a former USC player. At this time, it seems more likely that the 6-4 wide receiver will choose Illinois or Oklahoma.

phork
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Illinois, really? Zook is going to be fired after the season... (Speculation but seriously can the circus continue?)

IHateMarkMay
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, if we can get Cooper to come, I think that helps our chances out immensely.

jason_h537
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Dont care about Prater im focused on Cooper.

kjk184
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
ISD has a link on the page below: (I don't know if there is a story to it) Anyone have the story or more info???

"Prater Reconsiders ND
The blue-chip WR and USC verbal commit talks about his unofficial visit to South Bend."

I would think he will be speaking of his visit in this weeks column.

irish73102
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
anyone with an isd account plz read this article

notredomer23
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Dont have ISD account but read he plans on taking an official in november

The Polish Irishman
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM
We will see what happens, but I would not be excited about anything he said.

IrishRamMan10
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
my friend talked to his parents and they are trying him to switch to ND.

irishfan
10-19-2009, 12:33 AM

Sounds good. Let us know if you hear anything more.

Brown
10-19-2009, 03:22 AM
anyone with an isd account plz read this article

The title has more bark than bite.

He basically says he thought the environment was wild, enjoys the ND passing game, and is reconsidering the Irish, but he's still commited to USC, and has several other schools to visit before making a final decision.

Rizzophil
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM

Prater's parents are trying to get him to switch to ND?

Or, your friend is trying to get him to switch to ND?

JefMaj
10-19-2009, 08:53 AM
I saw a Seinfield once about how almost impossible it is to get someone to switch teams.

I hope he comes - ND may become a hotbed for WRs - it looks like it.

I don't have a subscription and thought we were a "no shot" with this kid when I woke this morning - but...

BlueandGold.com // Prater Taking Another Peek (http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=8028)

IrishRamMan10
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Prater's parents are trying to get him to switch to ND?

Or, your friend is trying to get him to switch to ND?

parents want him to go to ND

jason_h537
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I have read that alot of insiders do not believe that he will stay at USC, but Oklahoma could be a threat because playing time will be much easier to get there than at USC or ND (its great to type that).

Although Cooper could very much end up irish and that would certianly help us.

Riddickulous
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I have read that alot of insiders do not believe that he will stay at USC, but Oklahoma could be a threat because playing time will be much easier to get there than at USC or ND (its great to type that).

Although Cooper could very much end up irish and that would certianly help us.

Imagine if we landed both Cooper and Prater.

Rees or Hendrix would have a loaded receiving corps with Tai-ler Jones, Corey Cooper, and Kyle Prater.

mbeckha
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Imagine if we landed both Cooper and Prater.

Rees or Hendrix would have a loaded receiving corps with Tai-ler Jones, Corey Cooper, and Kyle Prater.

Don't forget about the sweet commits we already have man. Your stuck on the stars, I see our commits being pretty good.

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Kyle Prater – On hold for now, because until Notre Dame can roll out the red carpet with an “official” visit Prater will not be able to compare Notre Dame to Southern California, Tennessee, etc. By December, much more should be known about Prater.

WhoDeyIrish
10-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I would love to rip him away from USC. This would be a great addition to our offense next season in my opinion. I think he would make an impact right away just like Floyd did.

CuerVo0220
10-22-2009, 01:26 AM
I would love to rip him away from USC. This would be a great addition to our offense next season in my opinion. I think he would make an impact right away just like Floyd did.

Could you imagine. Clausen having Rudolph, Tate, Floyd and Prater? Who could compete?

WhoDeyIrish
10-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Could you imagine. Clausen having Rudolph, Tate, Floyd and Prater? Who could compete?

Thats assuming Clausen stays, and Tate as well...but that 4 would be hell to deal with.

jason_h537
10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Thats also assuming Prater could beat out Shaq, Walker and Goodman

CuerVo0220
10-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Thats assuming Clausen stays, and Tate as well...but that 4 would be hell to deal with.

I, honestly, just don't see him going pro right now. He's a winner. He wants to beat SC, he wants a NC and if he stays could have the bonus opportunity to win the Heisman, if he doesn't win this year. Other than that, I just have a feeling deep down that he truly wants to stay.

Rizzophil
10-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I can see him going pro because this is probably going to be the last year before a) a lockout or b) a rookie scale.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
The holdout and rookie scale really won't be a concern for Jimmy because he comes from a very wealthy family anyways. The kid is a competitor, and he wants to be number one for everything. So before he is the number one overall pick or the first QB taken, he wants to beat USC, win the Heisman, and bring us a national championship.

If Bradford, Tebow, and McCoy came back after the monster years they had last year, I see plenty of reasons to believe Jimmy will return too. Also, Tate won't leave early either. Unfortunately, due to his lack of height, I don't see him being drafted very high even though the kid is a burner and an amazing receiver.

Back to this thread though, I really don't see Prater coming here because of how stocked we are at WR. Plus, we already have three commits already, giving us 10 returning receivers next year, two of which will probably be Preseason All-Americans. I think Prater will switch to Oklahoma where he will immediately help that team and their need for playmakers at the WR.

WabashFalcon
10-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I think we got a shot at Prater. If he puts the numbers together, after next year, he's got a fantastic shot of cracking the top three.

The Polish Irishman
10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I will only get excited if he schedules a official. Until then, he is off the radar.

jason_h537
10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Mike Ferrel said he was goint to take his official for the UCONN game but i havent heard anything anywhere else

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Mike Ferrel said he was goint to take his official for the UCONN game but i havent heard anything anywhere else

Hopefully he does...Like I said it would bring me nothing but joy to see us rip this dude away from fucking USC.

GoIrish41
10-23-2009, 07:04 AM
We have realistic shots at several remaining 5*s -- Prater, Henderson, Barr. This could end up being a really great class.

Domer4ever
10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Boy, if we could get Prater in late for an official (UConn), I really like our chances. Obviously landing his buddy Cooper would also help. At the very least, I hope he does not end up at USC.

JefMaj
10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Hope UConn isn't another snowball game. I think the media took it wrong. It was good class-mates having fun - not voicing opinion with the team. I think Manti understood that.

irish73102
10-24-2009, 11:10 PM
can anyone confirm his official to uconn yet?

The Polish Irishman
10-24-2009, 11:13 PM

Not confirmed yet.

NoJusticeNoPeace
10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I honestly feel good about our chances with this kid.

WabashFalcon
10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm confirming it.

If we're talking about my affinity for Jack Daniel's... then yes. It is confirmed.

Domer4ever
10-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Getting this kid on campus for an official needs to be a recruiting priority now that the big USC game is out of the way.

Tate the Great
10-25-2009, 02:26 AM

Watch from about 1:36-1:40, sounds like a confirmation to me...

AMP: Weekly Whispers - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Weekly-Whispers-56146;_ylt=AtuaSVO3e9oR7tRqAhuYZBMh7qB4)

jason_h537
10-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Yeah but thats Ferrel. I wont believe until i hear it from someone who actually knows

Domer4ever
10-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Watch from about 1:36-1:40, sounds like a confirmation to me...

AMP: Weekly Whispers - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Weekly-Whispers-56146;_ylt=AtuaSVO3e9oR7tRqAhuYZBMh7qB4)

Cool video. I still get the feeling that if we finish the season well (winning out) and can land Cooper, we are in a great position to get a commitment from Prater.

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
NBC Sports - College Football - Inside the Irish (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2009/10/irish-might-have-added-another-blue-chip-this-weekend.html.php)

CuerVo0220
10-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I think he'll end up committing ND. USC already has the No. 1 reciever of the class in Robert Woods. So, I think Prater will want to go some where he can shine and eventually be the number 1 reciever on the team. Besides, USC doesn't need the the 2 top recievers, greedy pricks!!!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!

irishandy
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Prater would be a heck of a land, but look at this year's class of WR we are stacked; if we land him we might be overloaded next year.

WhoDeyIrish
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Prater would be a heck of a land, but look at this year's class of WR we are stacked; if we land him we might be overloaded next year.

There is no such thing as being overloaded. Prater would be the biggest get for us in this class, first we take him from USC second you add another dynamic receiver to that offense watch out. He in my opinion will be just like Floyd when he came in. I don't think he will be as good as Floyd but I think he will be a stud. I'd love this kid to come, remember competition breeds success. If we are loaded at every position thats a good thing. Prater, Floyd, and Tate. WOW..that would be sick. Throw in Shaq Evans, because I think he will take huge strides into next season. Even if Tate decides to leave, which I don't want him to do we would still be fine at WR. Not to mention we have already landed some good recruits at WR...That Tailor Jones looks really good.

Riddickulous
10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Can you imagine?

Four-wide sets. Clausen in the gun with Armando Allen standing next to him. Kyle Rudolph split wide. Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Prater split wide, as well. Can you say UNSTOPPABLE?

Domer4ever
10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Prater would really cover us in case Tate unexpectedly bolts for the NFL. Even if Tate stays, I think Prater still see's the oppurtunity to play immediately and make an impact with as many multiple WR sets that Notre Dame runs.

WhoDeyIrish
10-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Prater would really cover us in case Tate unexpectedly bolts for the NFL. Even if Tate stays, I think Prater still see's the oppurtunity to play immediately and make an impact with as many multiple WR sets that Notre Dame runs.

I'm creaming in my pants thinking of how sick this set could be. I do think Tate is an ego maniac and bolts for the NFL, although I don't think Clausen does. I think Prater could fill the void, because as good as Tate is Floyd is 10x better. He will be a sure fire top 5 pick in the NFL Draft if he stays healthy.

CuerVo0220
10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Even if we grab some recruits and they don't play there freshman year, it's ok. Next year, Floyd will be a Junior and the recruits will be freshman. That's what ND needs, that way the year Floyd's class graduates, this class steps in as experienced Juniors. Keep this up and we'll soon be reloading just like our arch enemy on the west coast!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!

t3hjc
10-28-2009, 12:21 AM
lol Prater joined a 'Clausen for Heisman 2009' group on facebook.

He would be a huge get, but I'll have to see it before I believe it right now.

Domer4ever
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
If everyone returns next season and we can add Prater and Seantrel Henderson....there is not another offense in the country that can touch us! And I dont care who Pete Carroll puts on the field defensively.

Big23Head
10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
We need to get him on an official visit.

WhoDeyIrish
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
We need to get him on an official visit.

He is for the UConn game I thought.

The Polish Irishman
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
He is for the UConn game I thought.

Nothing set in stone yet. Until he visits officially, not much to say here.

ND_HAS_RISEN
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Getting this kid is HUGE. Not just becasue of the caliber of player he is, but because it creates a buzz around the recruits. Grabbing him, Seantrel, and/or any other major recruit like this gives the recruits a chance to think they are going to be part of something really special, especially if they bring the program back to national championships.

texas fighting irish
10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I would love to take him away from u$c

WhoDeyIrish
10-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Nothing set in stone yet. Until he visits officially, not much to say here.

True, I think he will be visiting though...Hopefully.

jason_h537
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
ISD has Prater visiting for the UConn game now

phork
10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
If everyone returns next season and we can add Prater and Seantrel Henderson....there is not another offense in the country that can touch us! And I dont care who Pete Carroll puts on the field defensively.

There isn't really an offense that can touch ND now, now if this guy can play CB, then we'd be talking.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
There isn't really an offense that can touch ND now, now if this guy can play CB, then we'd be talking.

haha I love it Phork. I'll take a 6'5 CD any day if he has the speed. Trying the fade over that guy haha.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm creaming in my pants thinking of how sick this set could be. I do think Tate is an ego maniac and bolts for the NFL, although I don't think Clausen does. I think Prater could fill the void, because as good as Tate is Floyd is 10x better. He will be a sure fire top 5 pick in the NFL Draft if he stays healthy.

I think you should show a little more respect for the player who has helped save your team from a few more losses. While Tate runs the line between confident and cocky, I am beyond glad to see an ND football player show some swagger and confidence on the field. I wish our defense played that way. And as good as Floyd is, and as good as he could be, right now Tate is on his way to going into the record books as the best WR we have ever had. Floyd played as well as he did before he got hurt because teams were scheming against Tate and his big-play ability. Now that Floyd has gone, Tate has learned to beat double and triple coverage. Be grateful for what you have right now because those other players are just recruits right now. Tate is on your team.

WhoDeyIrish
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
I think you should show a little more respect for the player who has helped save your team from a few more losses. While Tate runs the line between confident and cocky, I am beyond glad to see an ND football player show some swagger and confidence on the field. I wish our defense played that way. And as good as Floyd is, and as good as he could be, right now Tate is on his way to going into the record books as the best WR we have ever had. Floyd played as well as he did before he got hurt because teams were scheming against Tate and his big-play ability. Now that Floyd has gone, Tate has learned to beat double and triple coverage. Be grateful for what you have right now because those other players are just recruits right now. Tate is on your team.

Trust me I'm very grateful to have Golden Tate. He is outstanding. Teams early were scheming for both. I do like seeing that swagger wish that we could get some on the other side of the ball. Tate is going to brake several records this season if he can stay healthy. He is a beast, trust me I love that guy just as much as anyone else. I just think he leaves thats all...I hope not, but thats all I was trying to say.

chyrspchuck
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
now back to talking about prater....i think this could we would be an excellent get. i think the competition will drive him here.

mbeckha
10-28-2009, 05:34 PM

10x better, man you are insane to think something like that. You must of been watching some other team this year to dog the #1 wide reciever in the nation like that. Then again what do you know?

WhoDeyIrish
10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
10x better, man you are insane to think something like that. You must of been watching some other team this year to dog the #1 wide reciever in the nation like that. Then again what do you know?

You know what you right, I was out of line for saying that. He isn't 10x better, he has a lot more potential I'll say that. Golden Tate is a tremendous receiver, makes a lot of plays no body in the country can make. But when I watch Floyd play I see a Top 5 NFL draft pick, am I wrong? Tate will be lucky to go in the first round which is bullshit, I think with his playmaking ability he should be a sure fire, but I think his size is going to be an issue. But what do NFL GM's know anyway. Tate is the best receiver in the country right now your right.

BGIF
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
now back to talking about prater...

For the rest of you, take your Tate or Clausen to the NFL discussions to the Recruiting Forum or the Football Forum. This is an individual recruit's thread post accordingly.

The hijack posts are going to start being deleted. Those who persist will find their posting privileges deleted.

People come here to read about Prater's recruitiment.

Big23Head
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Planning to visit Nov. 21 for UCONN

Prater's Illinois visit still on, but Cooper's postponed - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4604673&name=Midwest_Recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4604673%26name%3dMidw est_Recruiting)

Big23Head
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Plans to visit Nov. 21 for UCONN

Domer4ever
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM

That is huge. Again, I like getting some of these kids later in the recruiting process to make their decisions a little more difficult.

I just get the feeling more and more that Prater is going to flip on his decision to go to USC. He would be a huge get for Weis.

WabashFalcon
10-29-2009, 01:01 PM

I need to see where this was posted. Nothing isn't offical until I see it.

Big23Head
10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
ESPN recruiting page, says Prater plans to visit and Cooper is postponed.

I tried to link it but it didn't show up.

Espn>College Football>Recruiting scroll down on the right article under Midwest Recruiting blog

NDty9
10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Just curious to know what percentage chance everyone thinks we have at getting Prater???.... Jw

WhoDeyIrish
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Just curious to know what percentage chance everyone thinks we have at getting Prater???.... Jw

I think there is a good chance. If he really plans on visiting for the UConn game, that is huge for us. I think with all the talk about his parents wanting him to stay closer to home probably helps us out as well. I think Illinois is probably out of the mix, so really personally I think its between us and USC. Since he has already made a soft verbal to USC I'd say we have about a 40% chance.
Plus I think that number can go up based on several variables. Never know, hopefully we can get him. I really like the kid think he is going to be a star.

IrishGolden09
10-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I think there is a good chance. If he really plans on visiting for the UConn game, that is huge for us. I think with all the talk about his parents wanting him to stay closer to home probably helps us out as well. I think Illinois is probably out of the mix, so really personally I think its between us and USC. Since he has already made a soft verbal to USC I'd say we have about a 40% chance.
Plus I think that number can go up based on several variables. Never know, hopefully we can get him. I really like the kid think he is going to be a star.
Agreed, I think Cooper is one of those variables, and according to his thread the Illinois guys think he's ours.

z_iRISH_z
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
According to Tom Lemming he softened his commitment to USC and is looking hard at ND

Irish.Ca
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Think Kyle ends up wearing the shamrock. We just need Kevin Costner to show up on his doorstep wearing a Play Like A Champion Today T-shirt and tell him "If you go there, they will throw you the ball".

He'll have competition for playing time but cocky kids don't care about that if they truly believe in themselves which I believe Mr. Prater to be. National spotlight all the time. Working ourselves back towards a NC. Get the young man a pen and tell him to bring some friends. Go Irish.

BGIF
10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I need to see where this was posted. Nothing isn't offical until I see it.\

Per Kurelic:
Prater's visit to Illinois this weekend when the Fighting Illini play Michigan won't be his last official visit. After visiting Illinois, Prater plans to make official visits to USC Nov. 14, Notre Dame Nov. 21 and Oklahoma Nov. 28

WabashFalcon
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Okay. Now I'm excited.

irishandy
10-29-2009, 09:32 PM
ND has a lot of depth at WR right now, would be nice to land Prater, but in the end if kids choose to transfer may not be a good thing.

phork
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
ND has a lot of depth at WR right now, would be nice to land Prater, but in the end if kids choose to transfer may not be a good thing.

It worries me that we haven't seen much of Shaq or Walker, so in my mind hedging your bets is always a good thing.

Brown
10-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Prater seems like the perfect guy to line up opposite of Mike Floyd.

You think Dayne Crist is going to bed at night thinking of his future -- given the new weapons he seems to be getting every week.

jiggafini19
10-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Prater ran for a score and caught another in a 46-0 win over Taft.

IrishAddiction
10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Jiggi coming in with the rare post! NICE! Thanks for the update.

Really like how charlie has the big names coming in at nearly all the offensive skill positions, getting stacked talent down the depth chart. Bring in those mean streak offensive lineman and we will be rolling over everybody.

WabashFalcon
11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
deleted.

Sigh...

Again?

DoverShores
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
lol

Junkhead
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
deleted.

Stop posting this same thing in every recruit thread. They will be deleted for spamming the board.

phork
11-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Sneaky Pete runs the D over there so losing any D-coordinators is really moot. The guy has a down year, its the not the end of the world. He is something like 85-7 since being at USC? I would hardly think he lies awake at night asking "OMG WHAT NOW?!".

So unless he bolts for the NFL, then I wouldn't worry about USCs downfall any time soon.

Domer4ever
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
YouTube - #21 Kyle Prater - Proviso West - GameTimePros (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1CWfk9JSo)

Prater looks like a man amongst boys. Pulling him from USC would be MAJOR!!!

irish73102
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I went to Notre Dame on an unofficial visit to watch the USC-Notre Dame game with my mom, dad and little sister.

(Proviso East defensive back) Corey Cooper was also there on an official visit, and we just hung out with the recruits. I talked to the Notre Dame coaches and players while I was there but not the USC coaches. I still have to make my official visit to USC.

My family and I watched the game with the recruits. It was a great environment, seeing all the tradition, especially with those two teams playing each other.

It was a great atmosphere. The game was exciting. I've never been to a game like that in my life. It was crazy.

from kp blog sounds like we made good impression

IHateMarkMay
11-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I went to Notre Dame on an unofficial visit to watch the USC-Notre Dame game with my mom, dad and little sister.

(Proviso East defensive back) Corey Cooper was also there on an official visit, and we just hung out with the recruits. I talked to the Notre Dame coaches and players while I was there but not the USC coaches. I still have to make my official visit to USC.

My family and I watched the game with the recruits. It was a great environment, seeing all the tradition, especially with those two teams playing each other.

It was a great atmosphere. The game was exciting. I've never been to a game like that in my life. It was crazy.

from kp blog sounds like we made good impression

HAHAHAHAHAH I thought you were writing that you were there as a recruit, I was wondering until I got to the end and realized Prater wrote it. haha

irish73102
11-01-2009, 10:43 PM
lol i wish

IrishAddiction
11-02-2009, 12:44 PM
and what blog would that be that KP posted that on? Not judging, JW.

irish73102
11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
apparently a blog he writes for the chicago trib. their is a link to it earlier in the thread.

IrishAddiction
11-02-2009, 01:02 PM
awesome, thanks irish73102.

iMANTIusc
11-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, and I may be reading into it too much but it didnt seem that Prater was all to impressed with the Illinois visit. Here's all he wrote in his blog:

I also went to Illinois this past weekend. That was nice, and the fans were excited (about the win over Michigan).

If you compare that to what he said about ND, HUGE difference. Just confirms what we already know, two way race between USC and ND to the end. Really hope he comes around. With those three at WR I could prob put up 3000 yards.

IHateMarkMay
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Why are you posting this on Kyle Praters thread and not the game day thread?

DomeisourHome
11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I think we lost our chances on Prater...

IHateMarkMay
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Recruits want to know if Charlie is staying. If he is not, they go elsewhere. If he is, we probably get quite a bit more. Once Swarbrick knows, he would be smart to announce it as quickly as possible.

JefMaj
11-08-2009, 09:29 AM
LOL - like we ever....

WabashFalcon
11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
He's staying. Swarbrick loves him.

Domer4ever
11-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I think we lost our chances on Prater...

Again, it's not over until it is over. Let's let the season play out before we start making assumptions about recruits shunning ND. Dont forget Teo still committed after watching Syracuse beat ND in the South Bend snow last year. If Prater has a good official for UConn, I still think we are in great shape with his family pressuring him to stay closer to home.

JefMaj
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I think a recruit should take heart here - in threads like these where we may burst into flame from time to time - it's because we have their backs. We don't want mediocraty and we don't want that for them - they are ND men and we love 'em. We want our staffs to get the best out of them. We would expect that they would want the best coaches to get the best out of them as well. We are a family - we get hurt and Sunday morning we let our anger out, we rant like all families, we say things we wouldn't normally say, we heal, and we stay family - we are ND.

DomeisourHome
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Very nicely written Jeff. Completely agree

jmurphy75
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Prater should still consider ND... this is a program on the upswing... I see it like a business or corporation. How many programs have we seen that shoot up and toy with being at the top of the rankings and then are gone (I see Cincy as one of these in the makings... Hell, Rutgers and Louiseville were making claims for respect as potential National Champs just 3 - 4 years ago and are back to being simply interesting teams - talk about flavor of the month every few years - Georgia). ND is building a long term solid team. That's what I see as ND's commitment to CW. With a great recruiting class this year - ND's roster will be on par with Florida, Texas, USC, Bama, LSU. ND will not be looking for a team - but putting the right Defensive Staff in place - CW has found pretty much what he needs in Verducci and the Offense Staff - we are a D-line and secondary/linebacker coach away from producing an elite defense to dominate along with the great offense. We thought we had that with Tenuta - but in hindsight his history has not been great against option teams - forgiveable - then the spread comes along and he's not a spread guy either - leaving his players gun-shy even against pro-style.

I think a recruit should take heart here - in threads like these where we may burst into flame from time to time - it's because we have their backs. We don't want mediocraty and we don't want that for them - they are ND men and we love 'em. We want our staffs to get the best out of them. We would expect that they would want the best coaches to get the best out of them as well. We are a family - we get hurt and Sunday morning we let our anger out, we rant like all families, we say things we wouldn't normally say, we heal, and we stay family - we are ND.

Great post! I completely agree.

Irish52
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I think Weis is a very good offensive coordinator, a great recruiter, but unfortunately, not a very good head coach. He knows very little about defense and is even worse at picking a defensive coordinator. I think we should offer Weis the position of Chief Recruiter at half his current salary for the remainder of his contract. If he refuses that offer, then plan on buying him out at the earliest opportunity. If he truly loves Notre Dame as he professes to, then he will do the right thing. He can't possibly get any satisfaction out of staying, knowing the vast majority of alumni don't want him as head coach.

Irish.Ca
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Hear her golden name Kyle. They chant for her and they'll cheer for you.

texas fighting irish
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Does Prater still have a visit lined up for u$c? I would love to get another u$c recruit form their grasp.

DomeisourHome
11-13-2009, 07:32 PM
On Scout.com they have him listed as not committed to USC. Does anybody else see that? Did they mess up or did he really decommit?

jason_h537
11-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Kyle Prater is considered a soft verbal

He will visit ND for the UConn game then USC the following week

GoldenChild
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
It's obvious he's going to U$C like the rest of them. *sighs*

DomeisourHome
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully we can make one last good impression on him before he makes his final decision.

WabashFalcon
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
No. It isn't. He's become very, very disillusioned from U$C.

jason_h537
11-13-2009, 09:16 PM
LOL welcome aboard Golden Child. Great sig

BGIF
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
11/17 per Allen Wallace Scout.com

“I’m still committed,” Kyle Prater said about his position towards USC. “I just want to solidify everything and that’s why I’m taking my visits. I want to be 100-percent sure.” So what percentage would Prater assign to his Trojan commitment? “I’m committed. That’s it.” Prater will be visiting the Trojans for their cross-town rivalry game at the Coliseum against UCLA on Nov. 28.

NDinMemphis
11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
There is a new article on ISD saying that Prater may have narrowed his list to two schools. Would anyone with premium access like to shed some light for the rest of us. Thanks in advance.

Big23Head
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Saw the same thing. A guy on another site said it is down to ND and USC with USC in the front some. We need to have strong support, a great game and awesome atmosphere this weekend.

WeisWeisBaby
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Kyle is totally not a douche, unless of course he goes to USC

The Polish Irishman
11-19-2009, 05:16 PM
According to Prater from the Article on ISD:

Down to U$C and ND...he is visiting us this weekend, then U$C next weekend.

I hope his momma puts a lot of pressure on him to stay close to home.

JefMaj
11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
The fact that their is no bigger media attention, win, lose, or draw...has to know that no matter if it's CW or any other coach, ND will never be irrelevent!!!!

NDinMemphis
11-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the update. Go Irish!!! Beat UCONN!!!!

NDinL.A.
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Says he'll most likely end up at USC. Since he's going to enroll early, the lack of coaching stability could really end up hurting ND in this case. We might hit a home run on the hire, but by that time it might be too late.

Since he's visiting us, we have a chance, but since it sounds like he'll be visiting SC the next week for their rivalry game (packed house), it really doesn't look good.

But with a visit of course, anything can happen. Just not holding my breathe for this one...

JefMaj
11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
EE - is in January...new coach, if at all, 1st week in December.

IrishAddiction
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
The administration needs to figure out what they are doing and if they want to go in a different direction, and should be gauging interest through third parties right now.

Even if they just might keep charlie if the team performs amazing the next three games, we need a plan in place if it is not so good the next 3 games.

We cant dilly dally like the last time. It will hurt us with recruits like prater..... bad.

Big23Head
11-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Swarbrick said the decision will be made right after Stanford so it should be known quickly. Weis returns, Clausen returns...Prater will be torn. Then his parents push him over the edge to ND, that would be great.

Polish Leppy 22
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Weis and Clausen will both be gone. Prater is most likely a trojan

NDisme
11-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Man Polish that just sounds like a blast!Weis and Clausen will both be gone. Prater is most likely a trojan

IrishAddiction
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM
praters cousin was Holiday, former ND QB/WR. He is a legacy, we will see how it pans out though.

I just get the feeling ND is in his blood.

Polish Leppy 22
11-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Man Polish that just sounds like a blast!

I'm a realist, my man! It's going to suck trying to cover this kid in the coming years. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to come on here and eat crow

chyrspchuck
11-21-2009, 07:36 PM
or, go to usc and get beat by the worst margin ever.....just sayin

JefMaj
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Couldn't have asked for better weather for his visit.

jason_h537
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Said he had a great time and really likes ND but the coaching situation makes it tough.

He went into the locker room after and said it was tough because he knew alot of the players from visiting so often and many were in tears.

IrishAddiction
11-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Hes got ND in his blood. I hope that is enough.

jason_h537
11-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Hes got ND in his blood. I hope that is enough.

I think i read in an article early on that he and carlye are not that close

irish4ever
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Said he had a great time and really likes ND but the coaching situation makes it tough.

He went into the locker room after and said it was tough because he knew alot of the players from visiting so often and many were in tears.

Maybe he'll have a big heart and feel sorry them and decide to come to ND to help ensure this never happens over the next 4 yrs. (losing on Sr. Day that is)!?

IrishAddiction
11-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I think i read in an article early on that he and carlye are not that close

That blows. He had to at least watch his cousin, 2nd cousin, or whatever carlye is play at least though.

I Dont Miss Charlie
11-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Its sad to concede but Prater more than likely will be a Trojan.

The coaching situation here makes it extremely tough and he knows the hammer is going to drop with Weis. The problem is that the next guy will have to get a staff together first and then build a relationship with Prater.

I just dont think it can get done in less than 1 month.

BGIF
11-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Notre Dame recruits wait -- chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/football/chi-26-prep-notre-dame-recruitsnov26,0,1821478.story)

By Mike Helfgot<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_byline_preview" END --> <!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_titleline_preview" START -->Special to the Tribune<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_titleline_preview" END -->
<!-- P2P_LIVE_EDIT "content_item_display_time_preview" START -->November 26, 2009

Prater, the No. 1-ranked receiver and No. 2-ranked player in the nation by Rivals.com, orally committed to USC in early September but kept his options open. The 6-foot-5 Prater visited Illinois on Halloween weekend before making a trip to South Bend.

Prater's father, Johnny Prater, said his son will make his final official visit to USC this weekend.

"The only two schools we're looking at right now are USC and Notre Dame," Johnny Prater said. "He's still committed to USC, but we went to Notre Dame with an open mind. Right now we're just waiting for this to blow over and see what they do."

JefMaj
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Just keep the ol' fingers crossed:

Notre Dame Football - Irish Holding Strong With ESPN Top-150 Recruits (http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/1417-irish-holding-strong-with-espn-top-150-recruits)

I Dont Miss Charlie
11-30-2009, 11:15 AM
According to Gerard Martinez, Kyle Prater confirmed he is 100% Trojan and has ended the recruiting process.

Hes the Trojan admin so of course there is reason to doubt with other rumors suggesting hes going to Notre Dame in the coming days, but if Stoops is hired here at Notre Dame. We'll see how committed he is on February 3rd.

IrishAddiction
11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Thought he was going to be an EE? Didnt i hear that somewhere..... maybe im just on crack.

WeisWeisBaby
11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Your definitely just on crack, sorry you had to find out this way

BGIF
11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
USC Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=30&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d30%2 6page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com, "I'm going to USC."

NDinL.A.
12-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Yup, loved his visit and told them he's solid. His parents loved it to, and Prater got along great with his future teammates. He'll be enrolling in January...it's a done deal...

chyrspchuck
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
damn, hate to lose him. but it's not over until he signs on that line.

I Dont Miss Charlie
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
damn, hate to lose him. but it's not over until he signs on that line.

I wouldn't want a guy who would completely go back on their word like that, it makes their word unbelievable even as a teammate.

IHateMarkMay
12-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't want a guy who would completely go back on their word like that, it makes their word unbelievable even as a teammate.

Happens all of the time. Kid gets excited during a visit and then pops a commitment. Shaq Evans did the same thing when he visited USC.

chyrspchuck
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah i could give a rats ass if he decomits from USC

jason_h537
12-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Could care less about Prater. We have WR's and some good ones on board this year. We got Nix now go try and get back with Barr and Martin to sure up the D