PDA

View Full Version : '10 OH DE Darryl Baldwin (Ohio State Verbal)

THegraNDscheme
11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Darryl Baldwin - DE (6'6"/240lbs)
Solon (Solon, OH)

Schools of Interest:
Cincinnati
Illinois
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
West Virginia
Akron
Miami-OH

Combine
Forty:
Bench Reps:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Star Ratings
Rivals:
Scout:

Statistics
2006 -
2007 -
2008 -
2009 -

Rankings & Accolades
2006 -
2007 - Rivals 250 to watch in '10
2008 -
2009 -

Multimedia & Resource Links

THegraNDscheme
11-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Rivals.com Prospect Rankings (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2303)

Baldwin has an offer list that rivals anybody else in the Midwest with powers like Illinois, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and West Virginia already on board. Baldwin is built like few others with a great 6-6, 240-pound frame.

Well we miss out on our 6'6" Baldwin in the '08 class. Maybe this Baldwin will be different.

NDinL.A.
02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
ND sent out 12 offers yesterday, and Baldwin was one of them, per scout...

IrishAddiction
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
badass, thats what i like to see, offering the big boys who can lay the wood. i was gonna be pissed if we didnt offer this kid. as always, thanks for the update NDinLa

NDinL.A.
04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
The latest from Baldwin:

Baldwin's tour continues

Defensive end Darryl Baldwin (Solon, Ohio/Solon) has had Ohio State at the top of his list almost from the beginning of the recruiting process. But he wants to check out his top options before he makes a commitment.

The 6-foot-6, 245-pound Baldwin has scholarship offers from over a dozen schools. He visited Michigan State and Michigan at the beginning of the week, and Notre Dame in the middle. Those three schools have all offered and present the biggest challenge to Ohio State, who Baldwin plans to visit on Friday.

I didn't even know he visited...

IrishAddiction
04-18-2009, 02:33 PM
lol me neither but i sure as hell like to see it. always a shot when we get em on campus.

Ricochet
04-18-2009, 02:38 PM
The visit was scheduled for some time and it must have been good since ND is in final 4.

NDinL.A.
06-05-2009, 01:15 PM
ND is still in his top 5, but it's not looking good at all. Ohio St. is his leader, with Penn St behind them. He's visiting Penn St. this weekend and then camping at Ohio St, then making his decision. We have a lot of high porfile WR's we're after, and it was always going to be tough beating out Ohio St. for him, so this is not a big blow. On the the next...

BGIF
06-05-2009, 04:50 PM
ND is still in his top 5, but it's not looking good at all. Ohio St. is his leader, with Penn St behind them. He's visiting Penn St. this weekend and then camping at Ohio St, then making his decision. We have a lot of high porfile WR's we're after, and it was always going to be tough beating out Ohio St. for him, so this is not a big blow. On the the next...

ND was on the outside from the start. Two months ago when he tripped to UM, MSU, and ND in a week I took it he was just crossing the t's and dotting the i's to confirm his foregone decision to become a Buckeye. But no announcement.

I don't recall the Nits being on his short list. Still some nagging question in the back of his head?

NDinL.A.
06-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't recall the Nits being on his short list. Still some nagging question in the back of his head?

No, I worded it poorly. Penn St. is behind OSU, but they are also behind Michigan, Mich St and perhaps ND. I looked at PSU's recruiting, and they haven't even offered him yet, which could explain why he is going to camp there. Sorry about that...

BGIF
06-05-2009, 06:57 PM
No, I worded it poorly. Penn St. is behind OSU, but they are also behind Michigan, Mich St and perhaps ND. I looked at PSU's recruiting, and they haven't even offered him yet, which could explain why he is going to camp there. Sorry about that...

No, it wasn't poorly worded. I just didn't realize PSU was in the game. He could be going to earn an offer. OR maybe, Darryl's working on building Star power.

Regardless, it would be a surprise if he ended up in faxing an LOI to ND.

jason_h537
06-06-2009, 12:08 AM
I like this kid but too many questions about his work ethic. it be too bad if we lose him but we are in good shape with alot of our D line recruits still

BGIF
06-15-2009, 02:19 PM
6/15 Bill Kurelic ESPN reports Balwin 6-6 265 camped at OSU Sunday and ran a 4.75 and 4.78 40 and was impressive in drills. Balwin has narrowed his decision down to OSU PSU MSU and ND. On Friday he visited PSU but OSU has a slight edge at this point.

jason_h537
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Semms like he wants to go to OSU, but does OSU want him?

BGIF
06-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Semms like he wants to go to OSU, but does OSU want him?

I marked him a Buckeye on my list months ago. I don't think it's OSU but rather it's him that hasn't pulled the trigger.

NDinMemphis
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Per ESPN: ESPNU 150 Watch List defender Darryl Baldwin set to announce Sunday
Solon, Ohio coach Jim McQuaide told ESPN affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com, "As of (Wednesday) night he would like to announce his decision on Sunday. We start our practices on Monday and he wants to get it done before that."

"Could he say on Sunday, 'I'm just not ready?' That could happen. But I don't think it will. I think he is ready. We have talked every night this week and I think he will announce on Sunday."

"It's still down to those four schools (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and Notre Dame). Michigan was in the mix, but they would be fifth right now."

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
And I think, from everything I've been reading, that we stand in 4th place, and that it's pretty much OSU, maybe Penn State and that's it. Thanks for the update, and welcome aboard!

NDinMemphis
07-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I appreciate the welcoming. I've been lurking for about a year, and I decided to take the plunge. I look forward to participating more on the board for this upcoming season.

IrishAddiction
07-17-2009, 06:27 PM
welcome to IE NDinMemphis. It would be a complete shock if we landed this guy, even though i would very much like to. He seems like a hell of an athlete, in a school full of athletes. Played against solon a couple times in the eastern ohio bball camps. those kids are athletic freaks. Hope we get lucky.... we did get him on campus at least once didnt we?

BCSorBust
07-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I believe we did get him on campus. Did he camp? If he does commit I'll check him out during the season - he's just down the road. If he commits to OSU I'll be sure to heckle him during the game (or maybe pose as an OSU booster and take him out to lunch).

NDinL.A.
07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I believe we did get him on campus. Did he camp? If he does commit I'll check him out during the season - he's just down the road. If he commits to OSU I'll be sure to heckle him during the game (or maybe pose as an OSU booster and take him out to lunch).

LOL. Of course, he'll probably tell you that he already has 2 such lunches lined up and that you'll have to come back next week.

It's not happening with this kid. We're their only to make his list look better, and to keep the interest high. I have zero interest, since the whole world knows he's not coming to ND.

Welcome aboard, anduvall06, and keep posting!

jason_h537
07-18-2009, 12:34 AM
He did visit and we made great strides to close the gap, but sincethen its been all OSU.

ant80
07-19-2009, 10:21 AM
You wouldn't hear me say this a lot but I really hope he chooses PSU.

IHateMarkMay
07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Why is that ant?

BGIF
07-19-2009, 11:22 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch List DL Darryl Baldwin of Solon, Ohio, has committed to OSU.
Baldwin chose the Bucks over PSU MSU ND and UM.

Junkhead
07-19-2009, 11:46 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch List DL Darryl Baldwin of Solon, Ohio, has committed to OSU.
Baldwin chose the Bucks over PSU MSU ND and UM.

FAIL.

BGIF
07-19-2009, 11:59 PM
FAIL.

???

jason_h537
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
it was bound to happen

WabashFalcon
07-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah... him not going to OSU was like the sun NOT comming up tomorrow.

Junkhead
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
FAIL.

I was referring to him choosing O$U.