PDA

View Full Version : '10 HI LB VJ Fehoko (Utah Commit)

SoCalDomer
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
VJ Fehoko
Kahuku, HI; Kahuku HS

Height: 5-11
Weight: 215
Forty: 4.6
Bench Max: 340
Bench Reps: 37
Squat Max: 415
Vertical: 38
GPA: 3.4

Ratings and Rankings
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:; Linebackers (5)
Scout: :s::s::s::s:; Linebackers (4)

Statistics
Junior: 86 Tackles; 18 For Loss; 20 Sacks; 1 Interception; 1 Fumble Recovery

Schools of Interest
BYU
California
Colorado
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Oregon
Tennessee
Texas Tech
UCLA
Utah
Washington
West Virginia
Hawaii

Links of Interest
Video: Highlights (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/VJ-Fehoko-Highlights-2-48288;_ylt=AnMVK.sZdMIhvtYJ9Bg7IeU0la1_)
Video: Highlights (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/VJ-Fehoko-Highlights-2-48288;_ylt=AnMVK.sZdMIhvtYJ9Bg7IeU0la1_)
Video: Interview (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-VJ-Fehoko-talks-recruiting-51260;_ylt=AlWurOT6arBh.nJmnNty8d00la1_)

SoCalDomer
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Recently received an offer after Max Bullough verballed to MSU.

He has a brothers playing for Texas Tech and San Diego State.

Family, who places a high value on education, was excited he received a ND offer.

irishmarine
10-16-2008, 04:53 PM
but again how hard is it for us to pull from the aloha state

Irish 83
10-16-2008, 07:12 PM
A 4.9 forty? Is this just an attempt to try to get manti? Are they friends? This doesn't make much sense if we are recruiting this kid just for himself alone. Maybe I am wrong but something doesn't seem right. Does anyone have stats or something else to measure him with? I mean sure he looks strong but without speed it doesn't make sense.

SoCalDomer
10-16-2008, 07:26 PM
the stats are taken from his public rivals profile. no idea where they came from.

but the bottom line is this, if the staff wants him (and no, I don't think it's to get Manti Te'o, there's aboslutely nothing in the coaching staff's history that would lead anyone to believe that), then they must know something.

I should add, VJ has 13 offers already, including one from USC.

fitz_bu47
10-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Our staff recruits pretty well if you haven't noticed, if they extend an offer, I have faith he is deserving of one.

irishmarine
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
i dont think they would try to bait someone by wasting a schollie

The Polish Irishman
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
One down, one to go

HawaiianIrish
02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
he is timed at 4.6 in his 40

His dad is the Hawaiian Warrior at the games.

VJ is a stud

Irishlew
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
he is timed at 4.6 in his 40

His dad is the Hawaiian Warrior at the games.

VJ is a stud

does he have interest in ND?

The Polish Irishman
02-04-2009, 03:33 PM
It would be cool to have the Flyin Hawiian Linebackers

HawaiianIrish
02-05-2009, 03:00 AM
With Manti opening the door for Hawaii athletes today anything is possible.

HawaiianIrish
02-05-2009, 03:04 AM
It would be cool to have the Flyin Hawiian Linebackers

sounds great the Flyin Hawaiian Linebackers in South Bend Indiana..

HawaiianIrish
02-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Just in VJ FEHOKO will transfer to Kahuku High School this coming fall. Kahuku is the dominant public high school in Hawaii football. Over the past few decades Kahuku has produced a bunch of great college and NFL players...

TexasNDFan
02-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Let's hope this the start of ND getting more islanders, especially on the lines.

HawaiianIrish
02-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Let's hope this the start of ND getting more islanders, especially on the lines.

I hope so too.

Irishlew
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Texas Tech appears to be in the lead for VJ from everything i've read.

HawaiianIrish
02-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Texas Tech appears to be in the lead for VJ from everything i've read.

Texas Tech is in the lead.. I tallked to one of his former high school football coaches and he said VJ is leaning towards Texas Tech. VJ'S older brother plays ball at Tech.

BUT with Te'o and Toma in South Bend i am sure VJ will give the Irish a good long look.

Coach Brian get those frequent flier miles ready, your gonna need them...

GO IRISH.

irishmarine
02-12-2009, 01:22 AM
AGAIN...

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-12-2009, 02:33 AM
I am already making Flyin Hawaiian shirts. Who wants one?

irish4ever
02-12-2009, 07:29 AM
I am already making Flyin Hawaiian shirts. Who wants one?

Depends ... how good of a designer are you? No 3rd grade cheesy-ass crap!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Depends ... how good of a designer are you? No 3rd grade cheesy-ass crap!

Man how dare you doubt my design skills! Last year, I made shirts for my friends and I to wear to the SC-ND game that were in the Cardinal and Gold colors, had O.J.'s mug shot on it, and the words YOU CAN'T SPELL TROJAN WITHOUT OJ.

On to more important matter, ESPN reports that Fehoko's parents are very high on ND and that Manti has already been calling V.J. and tryong to convince him to come play with him at ND. Go Irish!

irishmarine
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
if your making shirts and they are as funny as that then ill take one

irishmarine
02-18-2009, 07:20 PM
great to hear manit is already recruiting the next class of elite from hawaii to nd

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Not much news about him. Here's a family oriented article about him. He's changed high school's to be closer to his ailing grandfather.

Fehoko moving to Kahuku - Hawaii Sports - Starbulletin.com (http://www.starbulletin.com/sports/20090531_Fehoko_moving_to_Kahuku.html)

NO mention of ND (or other schools except TT connection)

Recent combine news:

At the combine, held at Saint Louis School, Fehoko bench-pressed 225 pounds 33 times. Fehoko, who works out with his brother, Texas Tech linebacker Sam, also ran a 4.8 in the 40-yard dash and recorded a 35-inch vertical.

225 33 times. A lot of bench press reports are for 185.

Nice vertical for a LB

BGIF
06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Bill Conley Scouts, Inc

V.J. Fehoko looks like the next great LB - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4271787)

After just a few agility drills it was easy to see that Under Armour All-American LB V.J. Fehoko (Honolulu, HI/ Farrington) is a special player. He is extremely agile and much more fluid in his movements than anticipated. Fehoko's feet barely touched the ground as he moved over and through the bags, and when he dropped his hips to change direction. At 5-foot-11, 215 pounds, he might not be the biggest linebacker in the country, but it would be tough to find one with the same athleticism and skill level.

Fehoko is one of those players who has trouble practicing at thud tempo. Dialing it down just isn't a natural reaction. Even though the teams were just timing up, Fehoko was ready to play. He attacked the first inside run and the crack of the pads on the form tackle echoed throughout the stadium. At the urging of the coaches, he did tone things down, but this guy takes his football seriously

Only mention of ND is by reference to Te'o.

Jason Pham
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Profile updated.

notredomer23
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Profile updated.

thanks for all the work jason, but he is not offered anymore. he had a verbal offer, and never received a written one

Jason Pham
07-05-2009, 01:20 PM
thanks for all the work jason, but he is not offered anymore. he had a verbal offer, and never received a written one

I know this was the case as of April yet Rivals still had him listed as offered. I'll take him off the offer list for now though. Thanks, nd23.

jason_h537
07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
There is a difference between not being offered and not being interested. Seems Fehoko and NotreDame just are not feeling each other anymore. Notre Dame can be picky this year at LB, and along with QB, MLB's are down this year. We appear in great shape with Moore, who will likeley play Middle at ND.

notredomer23
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
There is a difference between not being offered and not being interested. Seems Fehoko and NotreDame just are not feeling each other anymore. Notre Dame can be picky this year at LB, and along with QB, MLB's are down this year. We appear in great shape with Moore, who will likeley play Middle at ND.

----we're in very good shape with Moore. I would not be surprised if he is the only MLB we take this year. 1 ILB, 2 OLB, although if we only got 1 OLB it wouldnt hurt too bad

jason_h537
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
----we're in very good shape with Moore. I would not be surprised if he is the only MLB we take this year. 1 ILB, 2 OLB, although if we only got 1 OLB it wouldnt hurt too bad

Got my fingers crossed for Barr.

notredomer23
07-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I wanna see Barr personally at HB or FB, but he can literally play any position he wants besides OL and DT, and maybe QB

HawaiianIrish
07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
In the latest VJ FEHOKO news is that he transferred back to Farrington High from Kahuku. Reports say that while playing Middle FEHOKO had difficulty dropping back and reading coverages. Last year FEHOKO was used as a rush end.

VJ is a good kid who lately been getting some bad press in the islands.

Could be the Kahuku Alumni who are upset he went back to Farrington.