PDA

View Full Version : '10 OH LB Jamel Turner (Ohio State Verbal)

SoCalDomer
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Outside linebacker
Youngstown (OH) Ursuline

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 215 lbs

Said to be the best LB in the state of OH for 2010. Is the 13th recruit to receive a ND offer for 2010

SoCalDomer
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Photos and video: Video Jamel Turner Ursuline Scouting Ohio (http://scoutingoh.com/Jamel_Turner_Ursuline.htm)

WeisWeisBaby
09-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Rumor has it he is the son of RB Michael Turner (Falcons)

daytonirish
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Rumor has it he is the son of RB Michael Turner (Falcons)

Had not heard that before, mind sharing where you heard that .

ant80
09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Rumor has it he is the son of RB Michael Turner (Falcons)Incorrect rumor. Very wrong.

SoCalDomer
09-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Jamel was very excited having received an offer from ND. during his visit at the Michigan game, he was able to spend time talking to the coaches and the McCarthy brothers who were his hosts; he played against Dan last year.

The visit went well, and the offer exciting, but this will be a long recruitment for a player who says he isn't thinking much about recruiting right now. says he is focused more on his Jr season and getting better.

His other schools of interest are Ohio State, Michigan Michigan State, Iowa, USC, West Virginia, North Carolina, Notre Dame, and Akron.

ant80
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Committed to Ohio State today.

:thewave:

TerryTate
06-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Ohio State Buckeyes recruit Jamel Turner shot, in critical condition - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5306800)

Very tragic. I wish him and his family the best.

TerryTate
06-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I saw on another board that he may have passed away. Hope it's not true. A 17 year old girl was also murdered in the same incident.

Terrible

DirtySecret
06-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Yes it is.. Kid was a stud and bright future ahead of him.

BGIF
06-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Yes it is.. Kid was a stud and bright future ahead of him.

That report was retracted.

==================================

Report on Jamel Turner's Death RETRACTED

By Adam Jacobi
Report On Jamel Turner's Death Retracted - SBNation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/20/1526667/jamel-turner-shot-killed-ohio-state-recruit)</CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON style="WIDTH: 40px; HEIGHT: 24px" class="cufon cufon-vml" alt="On "><CUFONCANVAS style="HEIGHT: 26px; TOP: -2px; LEFT: -1px"></CUFONCANVAS><CUFONTEXT></CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON style="WIDTH: 76px; HEIGHT: 24px" class="cufon cufon-vml" alt="Jamel "><CUFONCANVAS style="HEIGHT: 26px; TOP: -2px; LEFT: -1px"></CUFONCANVAS><CUFONTEXT></CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON style="WIDTH: 111px; HEIGHT: 24px" class="cufon cufon-vml" alt="Turner's "><CUFONCANVAS style="HEIGHT: 26px; TOP: -2px; LEFT: -1px"></CUFONCANVAS><CUFONTEXT></CUFONTEXT></CUFON><CUFON style="WIDTH: 206px; HEIGHT: 24px" class="cufon cufon-vml" alt="Death Retracted"><CUFONCANVAS style="HEIGHT: 26px; TOP: -2px; LEFT: -1px"></CUFONTEXT></CUFON>

Jun 20 12:22a

Earlier, it was reported that Ohio State signee Jamel Turner had been hospitalized in critical condition after suffering multiple gunshot wounds in a Youngstown incident that also left a 17-year-old girl dead.
<S>Unfortunately, </S><S>according to Bucknuts.com,</S> (http://bucknuts.com/index.php/Football-Article/internet-rumor-jamel-turner-shot-again.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bucknuts+(Bucknuts:+Ohio+State+ Football+Recruiting+News))<S> Turner has now also passed away from those injuries.</S> UPDATE: Bucknuts has retracted the report.

NeuteredDoomer
06-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Wow. Unreal. Some people should get fired...

I can't find any other info other than Buckeye message boards, but prayers to the family of the young babe that was killed, and prayers for Jamel.

TerryTate
06-20-2010, 06:59 PM
He's now in stable condition. Good news, I hope he fully recovers. My condolences to the girl's family.

DirtySecret
06-20-2010, 11:40 PM
He's now in stable condition. Good news, I hope he fully recovers. My condolences to the girl's family.

Anybody can be in the wrong place at the wrong time or piss off the wrong person, but this is the SECOND time he's been shot. If you get shot on two separate occasions you are either the most unlucky @#$% on the face of the planet or choices you have made in life have put you in situations that increase the chance somebody is going to shoot you. Obviously this kid needs a change in life style..

nd1
06-21-2010, 09:44 AM
i hope this makes it out ok and can play football again. no matter who he plays for. really sad story.