PDA

View Full Version : '10 FL C Brandon Linder (Miami Commit)

SoCalDomer
09-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Offensive Line - Center
Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

Ht: 6-6
Wt: 290
40: 5.2
Bench: 325
Squat: 450
GPA: 3.3
Test:

RANKING:
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, #3 C, Rating 5.8
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, #1 C
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, #2 C, Grade 80

OFFERS:
Miami (OV 12/19)
ND (OV 10/17)
OSU
UF (OV 12/12; camp '09)

ALA
AUB
BC
FSU
UGA
LSU
PIT
UTN

ND Recruiter: Bernie Parmalee

Decision: 12/20/09 Miami

SoCalDomer
09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Not bad when ND is in his early top3: Florida, Miami, and Notre Dame.

Junkhead
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Isn't that the same HS as Sam Young and Dan Wenger? Good OL pipeline school!

brownkj002
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM

yep

SoCalDomer
09-03-2008, 01:26 AM

correct. and current punter commit Ben Turk.

SoCalDomer
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Wll be visiting along with his father for the Michigan game, Sept 13.

OCIrish
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Maybe an early birthday present for me, he commits on the spot!!

irishmarine
09-04-2008, 02:41 AM
holy hell does anybody have a list of all of the recruits we have comming to the michagan game? it must be a hell of a list

IHateMarkMay
04-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Though you all might like to see this.

Broward Palm Beach - The Juice - Football Pilgrims May Soon Leave Lauderdale for Northern Indiana Holy Land (http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2009/04/st_thomas_aquinas_cody_riggs_notre_dame.php)

Football Pilgrims May Soon Leave Lauderdale for Northern Indiana Holy Land
By Thomas Francis in Religion, Sports
Wednesday, Apr. 22 2009 @ 12:39PM
Just as all good Sunni Muslims make at least one pilgrimage to Mecca, all good Fort Lauderdale Catholic boys go to Notre Dame. So maybe it was inevitable that two of the most well-regarded players on next year's defending state champion St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders football team have named the Fighting Irish as a leader for their college destination. Brandon Linder, a center prospect, has had a scholarship offer from the school since last fall -- the start of his junior year and has already made multiple visits to the South Bend, Ind., campus. Another St. Thomas star -- cornerback Cody Riggs -- declared after this past weekend's visit that he very nearly gave the school a verbal commitment.

Sounds good to me.

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Linder is set to visit Notre Dame this summer, as well as taking officials to Florida, Stanford, and South Bend. the other two have yet to be determined. We look good with this kid so keep your fingers crossed

BGIF
06-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Linder is set to visit Notre Dame this summer, as well as taking officials to Florida, Stanford, and South Bend. the other two have yet to be determined. We look good with this kid so keep your fingers crossed

No mention of Miami? They should be a logical contender.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Let's keep this STA pipeline going!!!

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 12:54 AM
He said he is already really familiar with Miami so he doesnt need to take an official there

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:31 AM
He said he is already really familiar with Miami so he doesnt need to take an official there

Makes sense. So they're still in the game.

BGIF
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
6/13 SN 100 OL Linder has a Top 7 By Brian McLaughlinSporting News SportingNews.com - The Recruitnik (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/25401/sn100_offensive_lineman_linder_has_a_top_seven)

Linder 6-6, 290 G/C told Sporting News UF FSU UGA MIA ND OSU and SU are at the top of his list, with MIA UF and ND occupying the top tier. He has around 30 scholarship offers

Iíve met with every single school, and the coaches are tremendous. Every one of them is a great technician; they know what theyíre talking about. They werenít just blowing smoke. They are all great schools academically, and all of them are the type of school that could help get me to the next level. Theyíre all winning programs.

He may trim his list further this summer after making some visits. Expects to make his decision after the season.

Iíll probably wait to make the final decision until after the season. Itís tough, because every school I go to, I come home feeling like thatís where I want to go. I really want to see how the year plays out, and whether the coaching staff is intact in the end. But Iím not going to wait until signing day.

I read that as ND.

The Polish Irishman
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I believe we are recruiting him as a tackle.

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Really? I thought he was just a center.

BGIF
06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Really? I thought he was just a center.

He's widely considered a swing man that can equally play guard or center. I have read that ND is considering him as a possible tackle, he has the size 6-6, 290. There are very few 6-6 centers in college football.

I doubt that would be the case if Henderson and Hurst were South Bend bound.

Synoptico
06-15-2009, 01:35 PM
He's widely considered a swing man that can equally play guard or center. I have read that ND is considering him as a possible tackle, he has the size 6-6, 290. There are very few 6-6 centers in college football.

I doubt that would be the case if Henderson and Hurst were South Bend bound.

He played Center as a sophmore for St. Thomas and has since played Left Tackle. ND is looking for him as a tackle

BGIF
06-15-2009, 02:23 PM
... ND is looking for him as a tackle

Have ND been recruiting him all along at OT or has interest increased at OT with Hurst declaring for UNC and Henderson's interest apparently elsewhere and cool reception by some of the other OT's offered?

OCIrish
06-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Thinks for the info, I was not aware that he was playing OT in HS. I know we're doing OK at C right now, and can and will always need OT's.

jason_h537
06-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I thought he was being recruited for the inside, Gaurd or Center

BGIF
06-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I thought he was being recruited for the inside, Gaurd or Center

That's what I recall from early recruiting reports and their rankings. However an article on March 11th (I don't have the author or link) wrote:

ND invades FL for top OT OL Brandon Linder FL Ft. Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas is one of the top prospects in FL and one of the country's premier linemen. The 6-5, 275 Linder was a starter at center his soph season. He moved to left tackle his junior season and paved the way up front as Aquinas won 15 straight games and a state championship. Linder did not allow a sack his entire junior season.

On 6/9 Brian Smith in listing his perspective on recruit priorities noted:
Brandon Linder, OL, 6-6, 290, Ė Having played center and left tackle during his time in HS, Linder could provide depth at two positions. Along with the excellent coaching he received thus far, Linderís quick feet and agility make him one of the more polished HS offensive line prospects in the country.

He apparently has the potential to play anywhere on the OLine. Considering ND's changing fortunes (Hurst and Henderson) he may be one of the ND best candidates for OT that has enough mutual interest.

jason_h537
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
We are still in good with benedict, James, and Stone so i am not too worried. Still like our chances with Linder, and lets not forget Lombard is in this class as well

jason_h537
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Scratch Benidect from that list

BGIF
06-15-2009, 11:58 PM
We are still in good with benedict, James, and Stone so i am not too worried. Still like our chances with Linder, and lets not forget Lombard is in this class as well

And let's not forget we were looking at about 4 OLs, Lombard and ...

One thing in ND's favor is Linder's coach likes his players to make their trips and their decision after their season ends. ND needs kids that will wait.

jason_h537
07-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Named top 4
Miami
Florida
Ohio St
Notre Dame

sigh of relief

he plans to visit before fall and we are gettin an OV

BGIF
07-08-2009, 12:48 AM
He dropped FSU, UGA, and SU from his Top 7 of 3 weeks ago.

jason_h537
07-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I will be extremely stunned if he doesn't end up at ND. Im not saying we are a lock, but we have alot going for us.

BostonND
07-08-2009, 07:07 AM
I am petrified of getting screwed on the O-line this year. We really, really need this kid

IHateMarkMay
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
He has said from extremely early on that his top three were ND, Miami, and UF. No surprise here.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 06:41 AM
According to InsideTheU.com.

Miami, Florida, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. For each school, it's basically the same thing. Great school, great education, great coaches, winning program, and a place that I feel like I fit in.. Well with Miami and Florida, I got my fishing, hunting, and diving. It's not that big of a deal but going to Notre Dame or Ohio State, I would have to make that sacrifice but I'm willing to do it.

He want to visit make unofficials to each before the end of July. He hopes to make Officials to make officials before making his decision in November or December.

His coach likes his players to wait until after the season ends to keep focus on the HS season. Linder would have to make inseason officials for a decision in Nov or Dec.

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
According to InsideTheU.com.

He want to visit make unofficials to each before the end of July. He hopes to make Officials to make officials before making his decision in November or December.

His coach likes his players to wait until after the season ends to keep focus on the HS season. Linder would have to make inseason officials for a decision in Nov or Dec.

You okay over there buddy? Seems like you hit the bottle and then wrote this message! Never drink and type... it produces cyber babies.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 11:03 AM
[/b]

You okay over there buddy? Seems like you hit the bottle and then wrote this message! Never drink and type... it produces cyber babies.

There's a conflict between what Linder said and what his coach's policy has been.
Linder wants to make a decision in November or December. But he wants to his make visits prior to his decision.

His coach, who was also Sam Young's and Wenger's coach, does not want his players travelling during the HS season. He wants his players focused on their current team's season.

Sam Young was still in playoffs in December. Then comes the Recruiting Dead Period. He verballed in January. Wenger I believe verballed early in the summer to avoid the late decision schedule Young was forced to deal with while complying with his coaches focus on THIS team.

IrishInFl
07-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I wonder how the coach has time to reside over the football players recruitment when he is also the schools AD.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I wonder how the coach has time to reside over the football players recruitment when he is also the schools AD.

Maybe he wants if after the HS season so he can focus on the season.

BGIF
08-11-2009, 05:44 AM
per Bill Kurelic 8/10

Irish make pitch for Florida trio - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4388345&name=Midwest_Recruiting)

ND is recruiting Ft Lauderdale FL, St Thomas Aquinas teammates DB Cody Riggs, OL Brandon Linder, and RB Giovanni Bernard. All 3 plan to make an Official Visit to ND. Linder's shortlist includes ND, MIA, UF, and OSU.

Notre Dame has a great program with great tradition. It's a catholic school with a lot of alumni power.

BillyIrish
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
all 3 would be unbelievable. im gonna say we get 2. my guess is Linder and Riggs. I love the fact that we get the last OV for Riggs. As for Linder, he is becoming more and more of a must have as our options along the OL are dwindling.

jason_h537
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Still feel pretty confident in Linder and i think we will get either Shaw or Riggs.

BGIF
09-15-2009, 05:21 AM
9/12

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

Four-star offensive lineman Brandon Linder, another four-star talent for STA, left Friday night's game with a left shoulder injury.

BGIF
09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
Profile Updated

BGIF
09-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Per Bill Kurlic on 9/13

Linder Not Able To Make Official Visit | mgoblog (http://bucknuts.com/index.php/mgoblog/linder-not-able-to-make-official-visit/menu-id-1346.html)

The Buckeyes were welcoming in nine outstanding prospects on official visits this weekend, but one was not able to make it. Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas offensive lineman Brandon Linder was injured in Aquinas' game on Friday night. The injury prevented him from making the trip to Columbus for his official visit with the Buckeyes.

jason_h537
09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Hope he recovers quickly. Sucks for OSU

jason_h537
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Brandon Linder will not be able to nmake it to his OV and will reschedule for November

The Polish Irishman
09-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Eye on the U | Linder, Payne love what they see in Canes (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/09/linder-payne-love-what-they-see-in-canes.html)

Not good news

Rizzophil
09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Not sure if Linder is going to be uncommitted by November.

The Polish Irishman
09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I would say Linder could be at Miami unless they lose a couple of games. They will probably lose at OU, but after that they may not lose the rest of the year maybe UNC.

IrishAddiction
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Miami just got creamed by VT.... still has strong connections to ND. Florida i would think would be the only other player here.... Hopefully this pipeline doesnt burst on us.

jason_h537
09-30-2009, 04:56 PM
He qain't committed yet and a solid OV can change things

BGIF
10-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Brandon Linder Ė Read Linderís quotes for a second time, and it appears as if Linder is leaning towards Notre Dame. Will those feelings last? With the pipeline from Saint Thomas Aquinas to Notre Dame so strong, I say yes.

One man's opinion.

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Seems to be the same thought over at Rivals. ND slight lead over Miami

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 02:02 PM
We may start filling up - if spots start going....

Notre Dame Football - Recruiting Week in Review (http://irishsportsdaily.com/football/1154-joe-bradshaw)

IrishAddiction
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Favorite quote "Im just going to talk it out with my family and coach Smith and my teammates, because it would be fun and nice to go with my teammates whereever they go."

Gio is coming, hopefully Joyner, Riggs, and Linder see the path to success runs through south bend also.

jason_h537
11-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Article on Rivals today. Says he hopes to have a decision by Thanksgiving. It appears as if its down to Notre Dame and Miami

NDinMemphis
11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Per ESPN:

ESPNU 150 OL Brandon Linder has secret leader, will decide soon
Center Brandon Linder (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) is almost ready to end the recruiting process, ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com reports.

"It's kind of still all four schools (Miami, Notre Dame, Florida, and Ohio State) but I'm going to make my decision soon, basically in the next week or two," Linder said. "They all have a shot but one of them is ahead and I'm not going to say who that is right now."

Linder will not take any more visits and the only official visit he made was to Notre Dame on Oct. 17th.

NDinMemphis
11-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I wonder since ND got the only OV, has he seen enough to go ahead and commit? I know he had a great time on his OV from reading other posts on IE and ISD. Any thoughts?

IHateMarkMay
11-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I've heard scUM got a visit.... but still unsure.

Big23Head
11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Miami thinks they are in great position. I think its Miami or ND.

IHateMarkMay
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Miami thinks they are in great position. I think its Miami or ND.

That would be my guess to. He has kept it pretty quiet so our guess is as good as anybodies.

The Polish Irishman
11-11-2009, 10:04 PM
He did visit OSU as well, but was at Miami's game last week. Will find out soon enough, but not looking good for the irish.

IrishAlum1997
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Not as deep into recruiting as many of you, but it just seems like most of these recruits that comment like this while we are in the mix don't end up with us. I hate seeing our hat on the table when it doesn't rise in victory!

jmurphy75
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know how many unofficials he took to Miami?

jason_h537
11-12-2009, 01:52 AM
No but he has been to ND a few times as well

Big23Head
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
I thought Brandon was announcing shortly...?

jason_h537
11-24-2009, 06:31 AM
I thought Brandon was announcing shortly...?

Every week and Inider at Rivals thinks he will recruit soon. The rumor was around Thanksgiving but no one really knows but Linder. He might wait to see who the new coach is since it is beleived it is down to Miami and us

IHateMarkMay
11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
I would almost say the longer he waits to announce the better it looks for us.

jason_h537
12-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Linder all but eliminated us today according to Rivals. ND is not out but it doesnt look good at this point. His top 2 are now Miami and Florida

NDinNM
12-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Bad news.... according to scout.com Linder has commited to Miami

NDinL.A.
12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Bad news.... according to scout.com Linder has commited to Miami

Damn, that sucks. But not unexpected at all. He was considered a Miami lean for quite a while. PolishIrishman wrote this Nov 11th:

He did visit OSU as well, but was at Miami's game last week. Will find out soon enough, but not looking good for the irish.

I had written him off over a month ago. We definitely need some damn O-linemen. C'mon Matt James!!!

OCIrish
12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
And the hits keep coming......

WabashFalcon
12-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Saw this one...

jmurphy75
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Dam I really wanted this kid

IrishAddiction
12-21-2009, 01:32 AM
We need OL. Bad. This sucks, but hopefully kelly coming can help us with James.

BGIF
12-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Profile updated

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Before everything, I really thought our two best gets would be Linder and Riggs from STA. Who would have thought we would instead land their teammate Bernard and make a decent run at Joyner?

I hope this fight is not over for this kid.

jason_h537
12-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Before everything, I really thought our two best gets would be Linder and Riggs from STA. Who would have thought we would instead land their teammate Bernard and make a decent run at Joyner?

I hope this fight is not over for this kid.

I honestly thought Linder, Parker, and Barr were sure things. At least we have a shot at Barr still. At least i think we do

GOLDENISTHYTATE
12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I am with you Jason. I still think we get Barr because our biggest comp is UCLA, and if he really wants a shot at RB, UCLA has two of the top rbs committed to them

I really thought we had Linder though - a kid from Florida coming to Indiana multiple times sounds like a done deal. Maybe he watched The U documentary on ESPN and got all excited or something. Yeah that's how far I will take my rationalizations.

BGIF
12-22-2009, 05:54 PM
... Maybe he watched The U documentary on ESPN and got all excited or something. Yeah that's how far I will take my rationalizations.

Maybe he saw the lack of development in Young and Wenger in their time in the Weis Offense and felt more comfortable elsewhere.

Maybe despite all those visits he couldn't adjust to the weather.

Maybe it was the coeds (or lack of them) ...

Maybe it was Mom's home cooking ...

jason_h537
12-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe he saw the lack of development in Young and Wenger in their time in the Weis Offense and felt more comfortable elsewhere.

Maybe despite all those visits he couldn't adjust to the weather.

Maybe it was the coeds (or lack of them) ...

Maybe it was Mom's home cooking ...

Maybe it was 3 OL coaches in 3 years. He was supposed to have been really tight with Latina

fitz_bu47
12-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Maybe he will switch to Akron ;)