PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA LB/Ath Anthony Barr (UCLA Commit)

Pages : [1] 2 3

SoCalDomer
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
ANTHONY BARR | Athlete, Linebacker

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=200>Los Angeles, California
Loyola

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 230 lbs
Forty: 4.55 secs
</TD><TD vAlign=top>RANKING
Rivals: :s::s::s::s:, Athlete (5), National (50), Rating 6.0
Scout: :s::s::s::s:, OLB (10)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s:, Athlete (11), National (102), Grade 81

STATISTICS | Rushing
Junior: 1890 Yds, 20 TD
</TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

COLLEGE CHOICES<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=125>School</TD><TD width=175>Interest</TD><TD width=50>Offer</TD><TD width=125>Visit</TD></TR><TR><TD>Notre Dame</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>10/2/2009</TD></TR><TR><TD>UCLA</TD><TD>Verbal</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1/15/10</TD></TR><TR><TD>California</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida State</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Michigan</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oregon</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Stanford</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tennessee</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>USC</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR><TR><TD>Washington</TD><TD>None</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>None</TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ND Recruiter: Denbrock

Decision: 1/21/10 UCLA

SoCalDomer
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
The son of Tony Brooks and nephew of Reggie Brooks, ND will definitely have a connection to this southern california standout.

He plans on taking visits, though, so as always, nothing is a lock in recruiting.

NDame77
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
My roomate i have now in college played football at Loyola with Anthony and he said he's pretty good but he's a pussy. He said he'll need to toughen up to play D1

NDBCSChamps
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Does this roommate of your play D1 football? Because if he doesn't I'm not sure he's a good judge of what it takes to play D1 football.

GoIrish41
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
My roomate i have now in college played football at Loyola with Anthony and he said he's pretty good but he's a pussy. He said he'll need to toughen up to play D1

You might want to use a little better judgment than posting something like this on this board - particularly since Anthony likely reads boards like these and I'm not sure he'd appreciate your second-hand characterization of his toughness. Your roommate might be the baddest mf in the whole dorm, but unless he's getting D1 offers from all the big schools, I gotta believe that Barr is tougher than him. That makes him a HUGE puss, I guess.

notredomer23
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
You might want to use a little better judgment than posting something like this on this board - particularly since Anthony likely reads boards like these and I'm not sure he'd appreciate your second-hand characterization of his toughness. Your roommate might be the baddest mf in the whole dorm, but unless he's getting D1 offers from all the big schools, I gotta believe that Barr is tougher than him. That makes him a HUGE puss, I guess.

and plus, when that kid knew him, Anthony was most likely a freshman....

goldandblue
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Good point 23.

NDame77
08-30-2008, 03:14 AM
First of all, I was just passing on information i thought some might like to know. I wasn't the one judging Anthony so get off my ass about that. Second, he was a sophomore and playing varsity so he should be tough enough to hang with the big boys by now if he wants to move up in his career. And lastly, why does it matter if he got D1 offers or not??? He played with him for months and saw what he could do and also how he handled minor injuries. You don't need to be amazing at football to see that.

OCIrish
08-30-2008, 10:35 AM

Which one is it, is he pretty good or is he a pussy? One or the other, can't call a kid pretty good, then say he's a pussy.

SoCalDomer
08-30-2008, 01:47 PM
First of all, I was just passing on information i thought some might like to know. I wasn't the one judging Anthony so get off my ass about that.

well the problem with posting that type of information on a web board without specifically identifying your source by name is that a recruit or his family could come on here and attirbute your 2nd hand information to ND fans, specifically this board. they then have a negative impression of ND and its fans.

the relative anonymity of the internet allows anyone to claim they have a source and post any nonsense. if you want to post that type of info, regardless of whether you're not the original source of that info, you need to be prepared for people to call you on it.

NDame77
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
He said Anthony is good when it comes to being athletic and being a productive football player, but his weakness right now is his toughness. And I don't understand how I could say my roommates name. None of you would know him obviously.

SoCalDomer
08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
And I don't understand how I could say my roommates name.

are you saying you don't know his name or can't pronounce it? since i doubt either of those are the case, you just say it.

whether anyone here would know his name isn't the issue. if you want to come here and post annonymous claims about a high school kid's toughness based on comments from some unnamed source, be prepared to be called on it.

alleycat9
08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
He said Anthony is good when it comes to being athletic and being a productive football player, but his weakness right now is his toughness. And I don't understand how I could say my roommates name. None of you would know him obviously.

if you had simply said it this way in the first post i dont think you would getting the grief you are now.

i would suggest you go back and edit the first post and copy paste what i quoted above and then all will be well. i dont think it would be much of an issue if he were to read the quoted post but the first post was definitely a very childish way to put forward information.

in addition as a sophomore he was 14 or 15 years old. now while some of us may have been tough at early ages some dont get that toughness until they get a little older. i am sure that if he is being recruited by all of these schools he has learned how to be a little tougher than your roomate claims.

then again there is always the jealousy angle...

daytonirish
08-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Well I will back what the coaching staff of ND and other D1 colleges think of this young man over your roommate anyday of the week.

NDame77
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
You act like I was saying my roommate was better than Anthony, which I never once said. Plus, sophomores in highschool are around 16 years old not 14, which at that age he should be tough enough.

Irish 83
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
NDame77 just lick your wounds and move on.
Personally this kid's family pedigree alone should merit some respect from ND fans.

I really like this guy's size and hope we continue to recruit Cali with continued success.

nuxsoonkau
09-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Just so all that read this know...I know Anthony very well...u could even say we are like family. There is not a "pussy" bone in his body. I have watched him play football since he was 9 years old. Every time he steps on the field, he plays hard. He plays sick; he plays hurt, he just loves too play. Last year when he had a minor shoulder separation and the team doctor told him he could not play for 4 weeks...he was devastated. He moped around the house like his dog died. All he wants to do is play. I am sure the person who "knows" him and made this comment is completely jealous. I am sure he was not a starting RB his sophomore year. Just a note...I am not a small guy...6-02, 230lbs. Anthony has always been like a little brother too me, and like brothers we have been known to get into a few friendly wrestling matches, and for all you sickos reading this I don't mean anything vulgar. Well anyways, like I was saying, during one of these matches last year Anthony a SOPHOMORE dropped his shoulder picked me up, all 230lbs of me, and proceeded to carry me around the house. I am sure you are all thinking now that I am the pussy. Trust me, I am in law enforcement and if you ask, the last couple of suspects I have fought with, they will tell you I can take care of myself. Anthony is no joke...we should all just hope he decides to go to ND! And to the unamed man...Dont hate the player..hate the game!

NDinL.A.
09-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Thank you! I work down the street from Loyola, and I went to a game last year, and he looked like anything but a p**** on the field. Good luck to the kid and let's hope he makes it to ND!

SoCalDomer
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
welcome nuxsoonkau, and thank you for sharing that info. if you can, keep us updated with Anthony's season and recruitment.

nuxsoonkau
09-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Anthony had a great game this past weekend. Loyola beat Mira Costa. Anthony had a total of 232 yards in 16 carries, with 2 TD's. For all those who aren't familiar with SoCal sports, Mira Costa, just like Loyola always has a solid team. For a junior to come up with those type of numbers is no small feat.

There is a great clip of Anthony at this link. cbs2.com - Video Library (http://cbs2.com/video/?cid=92)

The clip is titled "Elway watched Loyola @Mira Costa, Barr runs wild"

Anthony is #2, I really like his second 60 yard touchdown run. Watch him as he runs the MLB over like a child.

GO Anthony...GO IRISH

IrishFaninTX
09-13-2008, 11:44 AM
You act like I was saying my roommate was better than Anthony, which I never once said. Plus, sophomores in highschool are around 16 years old not 14, which at that age he should be tough enough.

Actually, unless the players birthday is between September and November, he more than likely was only 15 years old as a sophomore. The only other reasons why he may have been 16 is if he had to repeat any grades or if he started school when he was 6. Either way, it doesn't really matter because 15 and 16 year old KIDS are usually not going to be as tough as they will be when they are 17 or 18.

I hope Anthony is not reading this and thinking that ND fans and alums are speaking badly of him and he will give us a chance!

nuxsoonkau
09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
The first week of the Loyola season Loyola beat Mira Costa 23-7

Anthony assisted his team with this win by accumulating a total 232 yards in 16 carries and 2 touchdowns.

Last week Loyola again won, beating Palos Verdes High 34-0

Anthony ran for a total of 161 yards in 20 carries and scored 3 touchdowns.

There are two clips of Anthony one at this link Los Angeles Times - High School Sports (http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/)

the other is here Elway Watches Loyola @ Mira Costa, Barr Runs Wild - Truveo Video Search (http://www.truveo.com/Elway-Watches-Loyola-Mira-Costa-Barr-Runs-Wild/id/2457392838)

I especially like Anthony's second TD run....the one where he runs over the middle linebacker like a tackling dummy. WOW but I guess some would call that being a P&*^Y.........LOL

GreenGoblin
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I see Anthony as a linebacker in college. 6'4 is massive for a running back, and an awesome size for a 3-4 linebacker. If he doesn't choose Notre Dame I will be very disappointed, how much more dominant can USC get with recruits? Spread the love Barr!

NDinL.A.
10-16-2008, 06:01 PM
An L.A. Times writer was ranking the area's top players so far. AB came in tops at running back:

"Running back: 1. Anthony Barr, Los Angeles Loyola, Jr.; 2. Jordon James, Corona, Jr.; 3. Bradley Randle, Vista Murrieta, Sr. On the rise: John Lister, Thousand Oaks, Sr.

There just isn't another running back in the mold of Barr, who's 6 feet 4 and keeps churning out 100- and 200-yard games."

Football report card has Keith Price, Anthony Barr among leaders - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-sondheimer13-2008oct13,0,6667581.column)

Also, this little article, which has nothing to do with his game really, but still interesting:

"Lori Barr, the principal at Santa Fe Springs St. Paul High, is happy that her school's colors -- blue and white -- are the same as Los Angeles Loyola's.

That's because her son, Anthony Barr, is a standout tailback for Loyola, and no one is going to be able to determine by her outfit who she is rooting for when the Cubs play the Swordsmen during a nonleague game Friday in Santa Fe Springs.

"It's business as usual around here," Lori Barr said.

But it can't be business as usual at home, right?

"When I'm home, I'm mom and he's son," she said.

And which side of the field will she be on come Friday night?

"Because I'm supervising, I will be on the side of St. Paul," she said.

Who will she root for?

"He's my son, but it's St. Paul who puts food on my table," she said.

Still, if Anthony scores four touchdowns, there probably won't be too many tears shed at the Barr house Friday night.

Either way, she can't lose - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-spw-prepnotes15-2008oct15,0,4210587.column)

Everybody I talk to says this guy is a beast (saw him once, wow, what a RB!). I can't see him as a 6'4" rb, but still, it would be a great get for ND...

roto-stud
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Just watched the video... kid reminds me of Eric Dickerson... tall, fast, and powerful

IrishAddiction
10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
The game is rapidly evolving, i dont think its a far stretch to say this kid could be a 6'4" RB. The running back at stanford was a beast and i think he was at least 6'2" or 6'3". We especially could utilize him in passing situations with that size to protect the QB and as the outlet pass out of the backfield. And just from film, it looks like he can handle himself running the ball too.

laxkid23
10-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Brandon Jacobs the 2nd?

irishmarine
10-17-2008, 01:33 AM
hes a monster

Ricochet
10-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Brandon Jacobs the 2nd?Exactly, a power-power RB. I think we get too caught up in the measurables anymore and we start thinking this guy is better then the next solely on height weight and 40 times when it has nothing to do with the player actual football ability and where his skills are best suited and that's what I think we are doing with Barr.

The more video I see of him he makes me a believer that he is a RB. Sure we see that size and speed and we say he will make an awesome LB but maybe he won't because he doesn't have that LB instinct and that his instinct is more like his father and his uncle at RB.

I want an awesome stable of RB's like USC has with all different types and IMO he would bring a different dimension than what the other RB's bring.

As a Giants fan and seeing what Brandon Jacobs does week in and week out I would more than love to see the Irish have that same type of player and let's not forget that Barr is still only a JR in HS so he's going to be anywhere from 240 to 250 lbs as he naturally fills out.

A want a monster in the backfield to go with the speed and traditional RB's that ND has.

NDinL.A.
11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Per the L.A. Times:

Anthony Barr had 216 yards in 40 carries and scored on a 68-yard touchdown run to help the Cubs (5-3) defeat No. 10 La Puente Bishop Amat, 17-6, in a Serra League opener at Glendale High.

The kid is HUGE. He looks like a lineman running the ball when he plays h.s. kids. He was hurt the week before, but he gutted out a 40-carry game. Nice.

IrishAddiction
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM

IrishAddiction
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Per the L.A. Times:

Anthony Barr had 216 yards in 40 carries and scored on a 68-yard touchdown run to help the Cubs (5-3) defeat No. 10 La Puente Bishop Amat, 17-6, in a Serra League opener at Glendale High.

The kid is HUGE. He looks like a lineman running the ball when he plays h.s. kids. He was hurt the week before, but he gutted out a 40-carry game. Nice.

yeah and somebody said something about him being a pansy. 40 carries while hurting is amazing. found an article on rivals about him. talks about henderson and a few other elite 2010 players as well. link below.

IrishIllustrated.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Five-star candidates (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=872556)

IrishGrizz
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah and somebody said something about him being a pansy. 40 carries while hurting is amazing. found an article on rivals about him. talks about henderson and a few other elite 2010 players as well. link below.

IrishIllustrated.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Five-star candidates (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=872556)

I don't see many of those posters around as much..............wonder why?

Cause they was Wrong? Yep

IrishInFl
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
YouTube - Anthony Barr - Loyola California, Football Highlights 2008Running Back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUEul09has)

I hope we get to see Woods and Barr in the same backfield.

IHateMarkMay
12-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Good article from the LA times...

When it comes to recruiting, Notre Dame is still golden - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ndrecruit28-2008nov28,0,7991933.column)

titled: When it comes to recruiting, Notre Dame is still golden

The Fighting Irish are struggling on the field, but they haven't lost their ability to land some of the top high school players in the Southland.
Eric Sondheimer
November 28, 2008
Lori Barr and her son, Anthony, aren't worried about obtaining tickets for Saturday's sold-out USC-Notre Dame football game at the Coliseum. Their quandary is over which team to root for.

The Barrs have strong family ties to the Fighting Irish. But Anthony, one of the top junior running backs in California, has scholarship offers from Notre Dame and USC, and the Trojans have invited him to attend the game as a recruit.

"We have to make a decision being a Notre Dame family," Lori said. "Do you go there and support your team as a spectator, or as a prospective student-athlete for USC?"

Added Anthony: "I'm going to wear neutral colors and not going to favor either side, especially if I'm going to be on the USC side."

Barr, who rushed for nearly 2,000 yards this season for Los Angeles Loyola High, is the latest Southern California athlete to become a recruiting target for a Notre Dame program that has been gaining traction in pulling away players from USC and UCLA.

Although Coach Charlie Weis has been having trouble winning games, he has continued the Notre Dame tradition of being a national program in attracting recruits. Two years ago, he signed quarterback Jimmy Clausen from Westlake Village Oaks Christian. Last season, quarterback Dayne Crist from Sherman Oaks Notre Dame and tight end Joseph Fauria from Encino Crespi signed with the Fighting Irish.

And this year, Weis has outdueled UCLA for running back Cierre Wood from Oxnard Santa Clara and defensive back Marlon Pollard from Cajon, and beat out USC for receiver Shaquille Evans from Inglewood. Defensive back Byron Moore Jr. of Harbor City Narbonne, who has committed to USC, took a recruiting visit to Notre Dame last week.

"They're still the big-name school in the country," longtime recruiting expert Tom Lemming said. "They're able to transcend winning and losing."

Notre Dame has struggled to a 6-5 record, including last week's 24-23 defeat to an eight-loss Syracuse team. But being a consensus national champion 11 times, plus the lure of taking a trip to South Bend, Ind., and experiencing the tradition and history associated with a fabled football program, still prompts top players and their parents to open their doors to recruiting pitches by Notre Dame coaches no matter what the team's record might be.

"Who wouldn't want to go to Notre Dame, to a great college with a lot of history behind it," Moore's father, Byron Sr., said. "That's why he went to see it and get a feel for Notre Dame."

Added Lori Barr: "There's always that possibility they're going to return to national prominence, and to be part of that, I don't think any parent can say they don't want to be part of the rebound of that program."

The Barrs' ties to Notre Dame are deep. Anthony's father, Tony Brooks, was a standout running back for the Fighting Irish, along with his uncle, Reggie Brooks. But Barr remains undecided about his college choice, with the Trojans, California, UCLA and several schools in the Midwest continuing to pursue him.

"I want to get a good look at both teams," Barr said. "It's my first time seeing USC live and my second time watching Notre Dame. You always want to get a feel how each team plays watching your position."

And just because his father went to Notre Dame doesn't mean Barr will follow.

"He's a competitor and wants to win," Lori said. "It's very important to him in choosing a program that it has the right coach and is building the right program."

Notre Dame has been successful in selling Weis' NFL coaching contacts, the high graduation rate for football players and the exposure players receive with their home games shown on NBC.

Barr said he'll be sensitive to his hosts Saturday. "I don't want to offend anybody," he said.

But his mother will be less subtle.

"I'll be wearing my Notre Dame gear -- it might be underneath another jacket," she said.

Sondheimer is a Times staff writer.

realitycheck
12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Anthony was in the USC locker room after the game

phork
12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
So was half the Irish recruiting class if you believe the rumours.

realitycheck
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
So was half the Irish recruiting class if you believe the rumours.

I can't speak to the validity of Wood or Evans, but I can say with certainty Anthony Barr was in the locker room

Irishlew
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
The Barrs have strong family ties to the Fighting Irish. But Anthony, one of the top junior running backs in California, has scholarship offers from Notre Dame and USC, and the Trojans have invited him to attend the game as a recruit.

whoa Nostradamus.

NDinL.A.
02-08-2009, 01:33 AM
ESPN says that ND is in the lead for him, which would be fantastic if it's true. He goes to one of the top academic schools in CA, so the school workload shouldn't be a problem for him...

West Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=West_Recruiting)

Irishlew
02-08-2009, 01:54 AM
sweet...it says were leading for top California Safety Sean Parker too. My god this Brian Polian...lol.

were on our way to a top 5 class in 2010.

OCIrish
02-08-2009, 10:55 PM
sweet...it says were leading for top California Safety Sean Parker too. My god this Brian Polian...lol.

were on our way to a top 5 class in 2010.

I don't give a shit if he can coach special teams or not, he's the best damned recruiter we've had since Vinny, if he keeps this shit up.

Clausen2Kamara
02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't give a shit if he can coach special teams or not, he's the best damned recruiter we've had since Vinny, if he keeps this shit up.

Well said. He is so vital to our success. To lure these Cali kids from under Carroll's nose is remarkable. Not to mention UCLA which is becoming a factor since slick Rick became head coach.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I could not agree more about Polian. I am almost read to start petitioning to have a building named after him on campus. The Brian Polian School of Recruiting - accredited graduate business school!

irishmarine
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
i hope we can hold onto these spots until nsd, even though its a year away

mooneytostle
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Now that ND will officially be running a 4-3 (despite the fact that we did a lot last year anyways) I wonder if this changes Barr's mind regarding how he would fit into the system? He seems to be an ideal linebacker in the 3-4.

IHateMarkMay
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Heck, lets put him on both sides of the ball. I would love to see scUM's LB core try to stop this kid, and their tiny RB's get by him.

nthurman
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Remember it is just terminology. Not much will be different than what we did last year. Tenuata even said that.

IrishAddiction
02-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Are we really recruiting this kid as a LB.... i thought he was being recruited as a RB, which i have no problem with, we have yet to have any of our highly touted backs prove that they are game breakers.

irishmarine
02-14-2009, 01:09 AM
i like our rb's he could be a moster lb though

tko
02-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Are we really recruiting this kid as a LB.... i thought he was being recruited as a RB, which i have no problem with, we have yet to have any of our highly touted backs prove that they are game breakers.

let's recruit this kid for what he is, a stud! the coaches will find a place for him on the field. i just want him in the door this time next year.

irishmarine
02-14-2009, 09:21 PM
i agree, anywhere on the field he will be a monster

fightinirish68
02-15-2009, 10:51 AM
i say take him as a taylor mays style safety.

wicket
02-15-2009, 11:41 AM
i say take him as a taylor mays style safety.

over/under 15 forced fumble each season ;)

Irish52
02-15-2009, 01:07 PM
He said, they said, I said...what the hell is the point of all this bickering? If Barr is better than an average football player, we will go after him; if he's not, we won't. Let's all leave the evaluation of this young man's talent to the coaching staff...as we do for all other recruits. Let's drop it!!!!!

Irishlew
02-15-2009, 10:08 PM
He said, they said, I said...what the hell is the point of all this bickering? If Barr is better than an average football player, we will go after him; if he's not, we won't. Let's all leave the evaluation of this young man's talent to the coaching staff...as we do for all other recruits. Let's drop it!!!!!

WTF are you talking about? the Kid is probably gonna be a 5* and not one person in this thread has even debated whether or not he's worth it. We all know he is, and there is no debate on how the coaches feel about him either.

fightinirish68
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM

yea idk where that just came from. we are just talkin about which position we think he should play..

bradyquinnnd10
02-23-2009, 11:30 PM
I go to the same school as A-Barr right now and I have seen him play multiple times. IDK him personally at all, but I have seen him run through every defender in his way. This year, every team who has played against him has known that he will get almost all the touches, and he still breaks tackles and dominates everyone.

Clausen2Kamara
02-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Good to hear

irishmarine
02-24-2009, 12:36 AM
thats good to hear, welcome to the board by the way. keep us up to date with any rumblings you may hear through the hallways

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
I go to the same school as A-Barr right now and I have seen him play multiple times. IDK him personally at all, but I have seen him run through every defender in his way. This year, every team who has played against him has known that he will get almost all the touches, and he still breaks tackles and dominates everyone.

You go Loyola? What year are you? What the others said, welcome to the board and any information you can give about Anthony in the upcoming year would be dearly appreciated!

NDinL.A.
02-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Nice, welcome young Loyola Cub. I drive by your beautiful school every day. Let it be known that the ND faithful want him to be a Domer!

The latest Scout article on him states that ND is on his favorites list along with UCLA, Cal, and Colorado. The QB for Loyola is Rick Neuheisel's son, which makes things even more interesting.

As for his position, I've seen him play in person, and IMO he could play RB, LB or safety at the next level. When I read about him and saw him up close, i said there's no way he could be a RB, because he just is too big of a target. But then I saw him play, and yes, he could play RB for sure. Brandon Jacobs does come to mind, but he's a fater version of Jacobs, although not yet nearly as big/strong (that comes with age though). I still see him as a LB, but it's eraly, so who knows. Basically, he can play wherever he wants as long as he comes to ND.

As for those saying he might come in and play FB, keep dreaming (I know some of you did say it was a wish). No way is this kid going to play offense to become primarily a blocker. We recruit him as that and you can forget him coming. He's going to college to be a 'highlight' player...

mjbirish
04-23-2009, 06:24 PM
i would love to get barr and play him at running back. It works for brandon jacobs why not just keep him at rb and let him dominate

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure if he comes to ND, the coaching staff will play him wherever he will make the biggest impact.

NDinL.A.
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
The word out here is that he even though he loves to play RB, he knows he's better suited for defense. I could be wrong, but that's what you here from Loyola people. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the people I know at Loyola (his h.s.) for a few months, so I haven't gleened any info as to where he is leaning. His recruitment is strangely quiet for a 5 star, which leads me (and many others) to believe ND is in very good shape w/ him.

But I think all these guys will come around if we win games and prove that CW's job is secure. Recruits LOVE Charlie, and if we win, we're going to have a great class. If not, not so great. I'm not even going to stress about our recruiting anymore until the season starts. We win, we're golden (tate)...

SoCalDomer
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
part of the reason his recruitment is quiet is because he is busy with track season. should pick up this summer.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey NDinLA, there is an article that talks about Barr on Rivals right now, and it sounded to me like Barr really wants to go where he will have the chance to play running back. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what it seemed like to me.

phork
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
"A lot of coaches want me at running back," he said. "I know USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon [and] Colorado all think I could play running back for them. Notre Dame is talking to me about defensive end, and they think that's a position I could excel at. But I like running back. I really enjoy it and that's probably the best natural fit. But as far as growing out of the position, that's out of my control."

Looks like he likes RB, ND wants him at D-End... Per Rivals.

jason_h537
05-02-2009, 12:03 AM
hey guys... new user here out of CA
The coaches are recruiting Barr as an athlete but have let him know they want him along the front seven. preferably at LB or DE depending on how he develops, but they said they wouldnt mind using him at RB depending on the situation. Think DJ Williams at Miami. a short yardage back or an outlet back on punt situations. hed be a load to bring down and how could u defend it?

NDinL.A.
05-02-2009, 12:38 AM
hey guys... new user here out of CA
The coaches are recruiting Barr as an athlete but have let him know they want him along the front seven. preferably at LB or DE depending on how he develops, but they said they wouldnt mind using him at RB depending on the situation. Think DJ Williams at Miami. a short yardage back or an outlet back on punt situations. hed be a load to bring down and how could u defend it?

welcome aboard bro...

BGIF
05-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Looks like he likes RB, ND wants him at D-End... Per Rivals.

The quotes you had from the Crabtree article demonstrate that he does LIKE being a RB, and he's aware that as a HS junior he's already BIG for a Div 1 RB.

There was another key point in that article ...

I'm going to have to be on the watch out for schools that will tell me what they think I want to hear in order to get me.

Apparently there is one school that isn't telling him what he wants to hear but rather what he needs to hear.

Unless his growing is done, even NutraSystem isn't going to help his future at RB. He's already a couple of inches taller and 15-20 pounds heavier than another reluctant RB turned defender, Tony Driver was - as a college senior.

Jeff Burris arrived at ND as an HS All-American RB; he left college as an All-American DB. He was also the "Go To Guy" in Holtz's Full House Goal Line Backfield. As a senior Burris scored 10 rushing TDs, had a TD reception, and returned a punt for another TD. Starting FS, Go To TB, and #1 Special Teams Player. He led the team in minutes played.

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Read an LA Times article about Barr when he took an unofficial to USC during their game last year. The kid obviously has alot of love for Notre Dame, grew up an Irish fan, and has been to the school several times in his life. I dont like calling prospects locks, bute the only way we don't land Barr is if we completely botch his recriutment, or if we have another bad year and there is uncertianty in the coaching situation. Regardless of any article you guys read, Notre Dame is the measuring stick for him

OCIrish
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Something else to keep in mind, his uncle and father both starred at ND. Let's not jump off of the bridge cause someone is saying he wants to play RB in college. If memory serves me, Reggie played S his frosh year @ ND, before eventually being moved back to TB. All I'm saying is that, no matter where a kid wants to play, he'll be put in the best spot to help the team, wherever that is and the Brooks boys' no that better than anyone.

BGIF
05-05-2009, 01:31 AM
... If memory serves me, Reggie played S his frosh year @ ND, before eventually being moved back to TB. ...

Holtz also moved Denson to CB as a freshman for the Northwestern game. The next week Denson was at TB, forever.

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 01:51 AM
was checking out Irish Sports Daily, and saw an artcile about Barr. It was subscription only so if anyone can spread some info that be great. There is not one player in the country i want more than Barr. Kid is an absolute STUD.

TOP 5
Anthony Barr
Justin McCay
Sean Parker
Sentreal Henderson
Cody Riggs

NDinL.A.
06-10-2009, 01:55 AM
was checking out Irish Sports Daily, and saw an artcile about Barr. It was subscription only so if anyone can spread some info that be great. There is not one player in the country i want more than Barr. Kid is an absolute STUD.

TOP 5
Anthony Barr
Justin McCay
Sean Parker
Sentreal Henderson
Cody Riggs

Not much new. Top 3 of ND, UCLA and Cal. Is really torn between the 3. We're in good shape w/ him, but in no way is he a lock. His own teammate is Slick Rick's son..

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanx NDinLA, tried to give you reps but says i need to spread the love. This is kid is such a special athlete. Can play DE, LB, or RB at the next level and fit so many needs for the Irish. Still think heis too special to just leave him with his hjand down, would be a great LB.

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 02:06 AM
He's ours.

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 02:09 AM
No ones our till they sign.

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 02:17 AM
No ones our till they sign.

nope...he's ours.

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah and Te'o was USC's

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Yeah and Te'o was USC's

nope he's ours too.

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 02:54 AM
yeah but theres some smartass who said the same thing in a SUC... i mean USC forum who now looks like an idiot. So dont jinx it.

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 05:59 AM
yeah but theres some smartass who said the same thing in a SUC... i mean USC forum who now looks like an idiot. So dont jinx it.

who reads USC forums?

IrishInFl
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
who reads USC forums?

Who are USC fans? I've lived in four states and have yet to see a single USC fan, outside of Jawanza Starling when he told me his top three were Georgia, FSU, and ND...

jason_h537
06-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Ok say what you want Irishlew but if he goes anywhere else i will hunt you down. Then find Barr and bitchslap him (then quickly run cuz hes a big motherfucker) for not picking the Irish.

Irishlew
06-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Ok say what you want Irishlew but if he goes anywhere else i will hunt you down. Then find Barr and bitchslap him (then quickly run cuz hes a big motherfucker) for not picking the Irish.

lol...you don't have to hunt me, I'll tell you where i live. Long trip from Cali to Chicago land though.

I like our chances against UCLA and CAL

jason_h537
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Good Anthony Barr article on Rivals. Its premium so heres a quote

“I think people are making a big deal out of nothing,” Barr said. “I’m going to play wherever. I just want to get on the field, whether that’s with the ball in my hands or hitting somebody. I know there’s going to be some confusion at first if they’re trying me at different places. But I want to play wherever I fit best.”

I told him it sounds like he gets this question a lot.

“I get that question really frequently. I just tell them straight up that I don’t care, I just want to play.”

Says he is high on Notre Dame, UCLA, USC, Cal, and Florida.

For everyone who thinks Notre Dame is dropping the ball on him he also said Notre Dame, UCLA, Cal, tennessee and Michigan are on him the hardest.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
06-26-2009, 12:51 AM
I hope his dad and uncle are recruiting him too.

jason_h537
07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Guess who C Mart has locked in on since Kendall Moore Committed.

IHateMarkMay
07-14-2009, 08:04 PM
haha Awesome!

Rizzophil
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Via Facebook?

jason_h537
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
no via face to face

WabashFalcon
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM

A buxom blonde?

BostonND
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM

Jerrell Preister?

IrishInFl
07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Omar Hunter?

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Dick Van Dyke?

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
The shooter from the Grassy Knoll?

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Ed Harris?

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
The Lindberg Baby?

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Randy "Macho Man" Savage?

NDinL.A.
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Chris Martin is in Anthony Barr's ear. There.

WabashFalcon
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Chris Martin is in Anthony Barr's ear. There.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I got ya now.

Te he.

IrishInFl
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah, but he's also in Denzel McCoy's ear so take it for what it's worth.

Bubba
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I know he's been deflecting attention elsewhere, but I think we'll get a commit from WabashFalcon before the week is over.

OCIrish
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
The shooter from the Grassy Knoll?

I admit it!! I was the 3rd gunman on the Grassy Knoll!!!

BGIF
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
The Lindberg Baby?

Trying to catch up to jason for number of posts?

jason_h537
07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Randy "Macho Man" Savage?

OHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

WabashFalcon
07-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Trying to catch up to jason for number of posts?

Nah. I just got on a roll. Lol.

BGIF
07-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Ask Jamie: Brewster building at Minnesota (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=965841)

July 16, 2009
Q. Ray Ray Armstrong and Anthony Barr are jack-of-all-trades players in their respective recruiting classes and could be great at a number of positions in college. So, who do you think is better as a prospect?

A.That's hard for me to answer. I had the chance to watch Armstrong – a Miami signee from Sanford (Fla.) Seminole – last season in Florida's Class 6A state title game as well as for a full week at an all-star game (the UnderArmour event). I have yet to see Barr – from Los Angeles Loyola – other than on film, and that film was him playing running back.
In terms of ability, both are outstanding. Armstrong played quarterback and in the secondary last year and led Seminole to a state championship over Miami Northwestern. Armstrong (6-4/220) wants to play safety but likely will grow into an outside linebacker at Miami; he may even grow into a defensive end. Armstrong's athleticism and upside made him the No. 13 prospect in the country last season.

Barr (6-4/230) powered his way to 1,890 rushing yards and 20 scores in 2009. You don't see many, if any, high school backs at that size do the things he does on the field. He likely will end up at defensive end in college, but don't tell that to Barr, who wants to run the ball at the next level. Right now, I believe Barr is the No. 2 prospect in California, behind Ronald Powell. How does Barr stack up against Armstrong? Right now, I would give the edge to Armstrong simply because I have seen him in person and saw his versatility. I hope to see Barr in person during the all-star "season."

IHateMarkMay
07-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Blah blah blah, he has said it doesn't matter. I will take his word over Jamie Newburg's.

The Polish Irishman
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM
According to his facebook, Barr was at UCLA today. 4 hours later his status changed from "UCLA" to "This Sucks"

Take it for what it is worth. Kid is a baller and he thinks outside the box to say the least

WabashFalcon
08-12-2009, 10:54 PM
According to his facebook, Barr was at UCLA today. 4 hours later his status changed from "UCLA" to "This Sucks"

Take it for what it is worth. Kid is a baller and he thinks outside the box to say the least

AWESOME!

Junkhead
08-12-2009, 11:10 PM

What sucks? Maybe he had a stomach ache from eating Volcano nachos at Taco Bell. Who knows....

jason_h537
08-13-2009, 12:33 AM
What sucks? Maybe he had a stomach ache from eating Volcano nachos at Taco Bell. Who knows....

Yeah i need something more than his Facebook status. Hopefully your right Polish but im not gonna too excited yet.

Yeah, not sure what it means. Barr is a little strange.

NDinMemphis
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know which way he is leaning? Also, has he scheduled any OV's yet?

Thanks!

Polish Leppy 22
08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
If he is talking about UCLA, print it out and mail it to neuheisel. that's great.

NDinL.A.
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know which way he is leaning? Also, has he scheduled any OV's yet?

Thanks!

The word on Barr is that he is leaning towards 3 schools: Cal, UCLA and ND. Loyola's (his h.s.) QB is Nueheisal's son, so he's in Barr's ear about UCLA. But the truth is, Barr's been very quiet with is recruitment, and he's going to wait to announce. If ND wins, they stand in good shape (but no lock despite what some ND fans think). The interest in other schools seems genuine...

irishtrain
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Man I agree with you guys, gotta watch what you say on here, these young men give all they can muster to be Irish and no sense making them feel like they are not respected as a son of NOTRE DAME once they get here.

jason_h537
08-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Mike Farrel and others have been saying that Barr in reality is a silent commit to us. Most of this is due to the fact that Pete Carrol has had trouble getting his attention. Hope its true but consider the source

WabashFalcon
08-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Mike Farrel and others have been saying that Barr in reality is a silent commit to us. Most of this is due to the fact that Pete Carrol has had trouble getting his attention. Hope its true but consider the source

Don't care if Hitler said it. Holy hell that is fantastic news... I don't care who said it.

IrishAddiction
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds good to me too, great to hear. Never been a big fan of silent commits, but hell ND has been hurt enough times by public solid commits that i will take it.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
08-24-2009, 01:09 AM

Barr is a must have for us. It seems like he's going to be a stud playing any position. Go Irish!

jason_h537
08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Its only a rumor don't get tooe xcited. He also said James Hurst would be Irish

WabashFalcon
08-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I can back up the James Hurst assertation. Weis and Company have been on his nuts from day one... the Verbal to North Carolina did little to stop them from keeping the full-court press on. Word is, Alums are telling James that ND's Pre-Med track is just as good (if not better) than NC's Kinesthesiology program. They are hapring on the ability for ND grads to get into grad school, the depth of the conversation, etc, etc, etc..

Would love to see us snatching this big o'le boy from the heart of Indiana.

dyrtdogg
08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I'd love to have Hurst, but I haven't heard word one about his being anything other than solid with NC. Throw in the fact that his brother is transferring there and I don't see it.

P.S. Whoops, forgot what thread I was on. Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate spot.

jason_h537
08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Also that Hurst is not a native son of Indiana.

BGIF
09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
9/2

Barr plans to take all 5 Officials to his Top 5: ND, UCLA, CAL, USC, UM.

jason_h537
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Once again Barr will be visiting for the Washington game

jason_h537
09-06-2009, 03:43 PM
The LA Times had a series highlighting high school players in the area. This was the first in the series. Had posted it before but now the server is fixed

Size and speed make Loyola's Anthony Barr a standout running back -- latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-best-running-backs26-2009aug26,0,7541387.column)

NDinL.A.
09-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Was just told that Anthony Barr suffered a pretty severe ankle injury early in the first quarter tonight. His mother took him to the hospital for Xrays. His team, without their star, then got waxed by Mission Viejo. Thoughts and prayers to you Mr. Barr...

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
09-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I hope he gets well soon and is able to go back to tearing it up on the field.

NDinL.A.
09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
The team was told yesterday that he'll be out for the season. What a horrible break for the kid. Unbelievable. What a horrible weekend.

There is no bright side to this, other than he'll probably be Irish because our guys always miss their senior seasons due to injury...

WabashFalcon
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
What happened? Bone break? Ligament get torn in twain?

jason_h537
09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Thats fucked up. I hope he gets better soon and the Irish will take you regardless. Love this kid.

BGIF
09-15-2009, 04:02 AM
9/14

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

ESPNU 150 athlete Anthony Barr (Torrance, Calif./Loyola) has suffered a broken ankle and is not expected to play again this season, the Los Angeles Times reports.

"I would say it's doubtful he'll be back this season," Coach Jeff Kearin said Sunday. "I'm so devastated for the kid."

The injury could require surgery but Kearin does not believe Barr will experience lingering effects after rehabilitation.

Barr originally sustained the injury during last weekend's loss to Mission Viejo, Calif.

Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, California and Michigan are the finalists for his signature.

BGIF
09-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Football: Barr has surgery, out for season (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2009/09/football-barr-has-surgery-out-for-season.html)

September 14, 2009

Los Angeles Loyola running back Anthony Barr underwent surgery Sunday for his broken ankle and will be lost for the season, Coach Jeff Kearin said Monday.
Kearin said the surgery performed by team doctor Kevin Ehrhart "went great."
Barr was injured on a nine-yard carry Friday night against Mission Viejo. He will probably have a two- to three-month rehabilitation period.

-- Eric Sondheimer

IrishAddiction
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
I knew it, this kid is all irish. All of our recruits get injured their senior seasons.

On a serious note though, i really do feel sorry for this guy. Hes a hell of a player and his team will surely miss him.

The Polish Irishman
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
ND has been in contact with Barr. No surprise ND will still honor its scholarship offer.

jason_h537
09-15-2009, 10:52 PM
ND has been in contact with Barr. No surprise ND will still honor its scholarship offer.

Good to know. Wish him all the best. Love this kid

BGIF
09-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Jason Sapp, BGI, has a piece on Barr in the current BGI edition. Barr had surgery for the broken fibula on 9/13. Definitely gone for the season. Doctors told him it would take 10 weeks to mend. He may be available for the playoffs. That will be determined as he rehabs.

He has a Top 5 of CAL, UM, ND, UCLA, and USC. Since the injury UM, ND, and UCLA have contacted him to confirm their offers still stand. "It's great to see that the schools are after me think of me as more than just an athlete."

Barr still plans on taking an Official to ND on Oct 3 for UW. He hasn't scheduled any other visit yet but plans officials to CAL and UM. He'll probably take unofficials to UCLA and USC.

He's not in a hurry to make a decision. His parents ND roots won't enter into his decision. "My parents made their decisions on a school and I'll make mine."

NDisme
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I may not be the only one but it feels like it, i think anthony barr would make a tremendous safety. I picture Taylor Mays, who is built like a linebacker and runs like a safety. Barr is 6-4 225 lbs and he runs like a running back i would love to see him at safety if he becomes Irish. Sean Taylor(r.i.p.) also comes to mind.

jason_h537
09-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Do not see him as a safety. he will continue to grow. I would love to see him play OLB with his size and athleticism but most seem to think he will grow into DE.

irish4ever
09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't care where he plays other than on the same side as the Irish!

The Polish Irishman
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyone think we can get to commit this weekend?

I think there is a chance, very slim, but......................

Junkhead
09-30-2009, 10:28 PM
When he got injured, I figured he'd go to ND. We'll see, have a good feeling. Maybe the injury makes a player think about life after football as well.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
09-30-2009, 10:33 PM
All of them should be thinking about life after footbal Unfortunately, I don't think enough do.

jason_h537
09-30-2009, 10:37 PM
I would love a commit after the game but he has kept his recruitment very quiet.

Junkhead
09-30-2009, 10:50 PM
All of them should be thinking about life after footbal Unfortunately, I don't think enough do.

I can't blame them too much, when I was 18, I wasn't worried about more than the next weekend. It's nice to see guys like Floyd who seem mature for their age. Hopefully Barr is like that.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm with you.

irishandy
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
That would be great if Barr committed, especially right before the USC game.

NDinL.A.
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
That would be great if Barr committed, especially right before the USC game.

It'd be great, but don't count on it. He's in a wait and see game with ND. If they lose he will not come. He's not the lock to ND that a lot of people pegged him to be. He has a real interest in Cal and UCLA. Momma will be pushing education (she's a h.s. principal in the SoCal area), but if they lose and CW is out he ain't coming...

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Sounds reasonable. Lets just win and see what happens. Go Irish!

jason_h537
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Article in Rivals today talking with Barr

He basically talked about how much fans want him to commit and he understands. His family would love for him to go. He knows all he needs to about the school but wants to meeet the players and see how he would fit in.

Actually sounded like he was really high on ND in the article but it was a Notre Dame guy writing it.

Irishlew
10-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Article in Rivals today talking with Barr

He basically talked about how much fans want him to commit and he understands. His family would love for him to go. He knows all he needs to about the school but wants to meeet the players and see how he would fit in.

Actually sounded like he was really high on ND in the article but it was a Notre Dame guy writing it.

that's because he IS really high on ND.

The Polish Irishman
10-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Barr is in South Bend

WhoDeyIrish
10-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Barr is in South Bend

I've been wanting to land this kid for awhile now...hopefully we can get him to commit after the weekend. Thanks for the update Polish. Always enjoy reading your input on things. Just remembered my Username and password. So now I can become a part of the board.:clap:

kjk184
10-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Msg to Mr. Barr,

If you don't commit after being at that game, something is wrong. It's wins like this that make a ND fan a fan for life. Reminds me of the '92 PSU game (the Snow Bowl). I was 12 and my dad scored 2 tickets. Row 1 seats 1 and 2 in the end zone where Bettis scores the TD from Mirer. And uncle Reggie scores the 2 point conversion to win. The last thing my dad said before the conversion play was "don't run onto the field". I had no choice...If you watch any of the replays you can see me on the field...chasing my dad as the entire endzone rushed the field to crowd Reggie and the spot he scored. And I still get the question to this day. How can I be an ND fan and graduate from Penn State? Only my dad and I could probably answer that question after that day.

Sincerely,
An ND fan for LIFE

Junkhead
10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Barr is in South Bend

In an odd coincidence, I am going to the bar in south bend.

dshans
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Actually sounded like he was really high on ND ...

In an odd coincidence, I was really high at ND at times.

jason_h537
10-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Per Rivals

Barr had a great vist. Said he thought about committing but didnt want to make a decision on the spot. he was hosted by Tyler Stockton and said he loved the team and can see himself fitting in with these guys. Talked to Tenuta, Alford, and Hart because he can play all 3 positions.

Tate the Great
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Per Rivals

Barr had a great vist. Said he thought about committing but didnt want to make a decision on the spot. he was hosted by Tyler Stockton and said he loved the team and can see himself fitting in with these guys. Talked to Tenuta, Alford, and Hart because he can play all 3 positions.

Does he have any other OV's set up for other schools? And if so where at?

DirtySecret
10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Does he have any other OV's set up for other schools? And if so where at?

I think he going to visit scUM and Cal before making a decision.

jason_h537
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
has said he wants to visit both but no official plans yet

DirtySecret
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
has said he wants to visit both but no official plans yet

Funny thing is, I use to respect UofM and never lower my level to call them scUM but after hearing Dick Rod say he saw nothing wrong with what Jonas Mouton did and won't be punished. I lost all respect for them and now they're scUM.

irish4ever
10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Funny thing is, I use to respect UofM and never lower my level to call them scUM but after hearing Dick Rod say he saw nothing wrong with what Jonas Mouton did and won't be punished. I lost all respect for them and now they're scUM.

They've ALWAYS been scUM, even before Dick Rod arrived!

BGIF
10-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Per ESPN 10/5

ESPNU 150 athlete Anthony Barr (Torrance, Calif./Loyola) made an official visit to South Bend this weekend and spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com about the current status of his recruitment.

"Of course (committing) crossed my mind, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I still have to check out a couple more places and see how that goes, but it was a good experience and I had a real good time."

Barr is slated to visit Michigan for the Ohio State game and Cal. He's also considering USC and UCLA but may not need to make official visits to those local programs.

PADOMERNUT
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I saw him on Saturday. He was in a cart and his foot in a boot, but he watched the players walk from Church and then rode the cart up to the stadium.

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Anthony Barr – Until otherwise proven, I say he’s headed for South Bend. UCLA is the main competition, but that is a bad football team right now.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Good video on a must get.

<embed src="http://static.ning.com/PrepTicket/widgets/video/flvplayer/flvplayer.swf?v=3.7.1%3A10083" FlashVars="config_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.prepticket.com%2 Fvideo%2Fvideo%2FshowPlayerConfig%3Fid%3D823292%25 3AVideo%253A108238%26x%3DIScaCWbrfxSqH8MJIztjQeowm mmbRKcx&amp;video_smoothing=on&amp;autoplay=off" width="448" height="364" scale="noscale" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"> </embed>

<br /><small><a href="http://community.prepticket.com/video/video">Find more videos like this on <em>PrepTicket</em></a></small><br />

having trouble embeding it so heres the link California High School Football: Loyola's Anthony Barr - PrepTicket (http://community.prepticket.com/video/video/show?id=823292%3AVideo%3A108238)

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 01:20 AM
He actually looks like he has some break away speed Jason. I'm not saying hes lighting fast but I hadn't really watched much on him yet...but he looks like he can actually run a bit.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Iv'e seen him play twice. This kid is absolutely awesome and i wish he would commit already.

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Iv'e seen him play twice. This kid is absolutely awesome and i wish he would commit already.

Yeah I'd say this would be one of our biggest landings thus far. I think he will have an impact on this team from day 1.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Maybe not day 1. He is coming off a pretty bad leg injury and it is still unclear where he will play. He will be a household name when it is all over though. Reminds me of DJ Williams, he was a badass RB at De La Salle then was moved to LB at Miami and dominated.

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 01:40 AM
I know he is coming off a bad leg injury but it happened early right. I think he will be fine once the season starts next year. I'm not really sure on the time table. I'd almost like to see this kid move to safety personally. If he could learn how to play that position by his Sophmore year we could have a nice big physical player, I think he definitely has the speed to do it. Intangibles probably too. Linebacker is also a possibility but who knows we will just to see how he performs. Our safetys flat out suck, in my opinion. I know McCarthy makes a lot of tackles, but he just isn't that good in my opinion. He makes big plays sometimes but kills us a lot to. I won't even get into Harrison Smith. We need a dominate safety roaming around back there.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I do not see him at Safety. He is 6'3-4 220-30 right now. He played a lil LB early this summer at a 7-7 tournie but never really camped after that. We are in on some pretty good Safeties this year so it shouldnt be a problem. Kyle McCarthy is the man but he needs help

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 01:49 AM
I do not see him at Safety. He is 6'3-4 220-30 right now. He played a lil LB early this summer at a 7-7 tournie but never really camped after that. We are in on some pretty good Safeties this year so it shouldnt be a problem. Kyle McCarthy is the man but he needs help

I mean I don't think we should eliminate any possibility here though. Think about Taylor Mays hes a linebacker roaming around back there. McCarthy needs a lot of help, and he is slow on top of all that.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Taylor Mays runs a 4.3 40 and Barr is as big as Mays is now coming out of HS

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Taylor Mays runs a 4.3 40 and Barr is as big as Mays is now coming out of HS

Very true. I'm just saying. What about defensive end?

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 02:17 AM
DE is a very real possibility. I think the staff sees him as a OLB or DE but RB is not out of the question. Really depends on how much bigger he gets. Personally i think with his athleticism OLB is the best spot

CuerVo0220
10-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Well, if they are talking about recruiting for the defense side of the ball, hopefully he get excited about it, if not, that might hurt our chances of landing him if he doesn't want to play another position. But with his size and speed other schools may think the same way. He would definately be a big asset either way!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!

BGIF
10-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, if they are talking about recruiting for the defense side of the ball, hopefully he get excited about it, if not, that might hurt our chances of landing him if he doesn't want to play another position. But with his size and speed other schools may think the same way. He would definately be a big asset either way!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read back through this thread you'll find we've hashed the same stuff out some months back. Early on he was adamant that he would be a RB. Later he said he play anywhere.

B&G and Rivals already list him at 230 IF he's going to be a Safety he needs to push himself away from the table now. His growth potential is a big question mark. He could add 15 - 20 pounds in the offseason through weight training and come in at Te'o's size. Light for a DE. A year or 2 later me might be DE size.

He has a serious injury which will restrict weight training and conditioning. I'd say LB seems most likely but he could be a monster RB - depending on his rehab and growth.

As for him being a Mays type Safety, I don't ever recall Barr be reported with that kind of speed. IF anyone has could you provide a source.

CuerVo0220
10-23-2009, 03:00 AM
If you read back through this thread you'll find we've hashed the same stuff out some months back. Early on he was adamant that he would be a RB. Later he said he play anywhere.

B&G and Rivals already list him at 230 IF he's going to be a Safety he needs to push himself away from the table now. His growth potential is a big question mark. He could add 15 - 20 pounds in the offseason through weight training and come in at Te'o's size. Light for a DE. A year or 2 later me might be DE size.

He has a serious injury which will restrict weight training and conditioning. I'd say LB seems most likely but he could be a monster RB - depending on his rehab and growth.

As for him being a Mays type Safety, I don't ever recall Barr be reported with that kind of speed. IF anyone has could you provide a source.

Thanks for the info. I usually back but when I come half into a thread thats as long as this one I usually only go back a page. Thanks again for the infor. According to scouts.com he runs a 4.55 - 40

Here's the link

Scout.com: Anthony Barr Profile (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&c=1&nid=3870742)

BGIF
10-23-2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I usually back but when I come half into a thread thats as long as this one I usually only go back a page. Thanks again for the infor. According to scouts.com he runs a 4.55 - 40

Here's the link

Scout.com: Anthony Barr Profile (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=8&c=1&nid=3870742)

Which is quick for a big man at OLB or RB but not as a Safety. Good not exceptional.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 03:13 AM
thats great speed for LB. Te'o was timed at 4.6 out of HS.

CuerVo0220
10-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Any of you seen Rookie of the Year, if a broken arm can make him pitch faster, maybe Barr's injury will make him run faster!!! Yea, I know, it's just wishful thinking!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricochet
10-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Any of you seen Rookie of the Year, if a broken arm can make him pitch faster, maybe Barr's injury will make him run faster!!! Yea, I know, it's just wishful thinking!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!However for that to work properly your going to have to break his other leg.

JefMaj
10-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, don't want him running in circles.

"Yeah Pat - he has the best first step off the ball in college..."

Ricochet
10-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah, don't want him running in circles.

"Yeah Pat - he has the best first step off the ball in college..."Exactly.

WabashFalcon
10-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Anyone else still playing up the angle that he's already a silent commit to us?

I am.

IrishAddiction
10-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone else still playing up the angle that he's already a silent commit to us?

I am.

Yea Yea. Im taking that angle too. Hes definately committed already but is completely silent about it.

I base that info on nothing, but i like it.

WabashFalcon
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Yea Yea. Im taking that angle too. Hes definately committed already but is completely silent about it.

I base that info on nothing, but i like it.

You're about to hit the century mark.

IHateMarkMay
10-24-2009, 07:02 PM
You're about to hit the century mark.

Century is one hundred. I dont exactly know what to call one thousand. Anyways, congrats on your next post IrishAddiction.

WabashFalcon
10-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Century is one hundred. I dont exactly know what to call one thousand. Anyways, congrats on your next post IrishAddiction.

Supercentury mark?

jason_h537
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I dont believe in silent commits. Until he announces i wont assume i thing

Domer4ever
10-25-2009, 12:31 AM
I really think with Barr we are looking at either an OLB or RB. Somebody brought up the DJ Williams comparison coming out of high school and I think that is a fair comparison. Barr is a must get for us and I think he is Irish when all is said and done (assuming we keep winning football games).

BGIF
10-25-2009, 02:03 AM
I dont believe in silent commits. Until he announces i wont assume i thing

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

dyrtdogg
10-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Century is one hundred. I dont exactly know what to call one thousand.

Millennium or millennial

Domer4ever
10-26-2009, 07:43 AM
UCLA is rumored to be the biggest competition to Notre Dame to land Barr. Based on that, it has to make you smile to see the train wreck that is UCLA this year.

I would really like to see him commit here in the next few weeks. Anyone know if he is scheduled to take any other Officials?

The Polish Irishman
10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
OSU-Michigan is he only other scheduled visit for now.

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 09:04 AM
He's a 5 here - injury or not. His uncle and dad can tell him how great this place is.

sportallyr
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
UCLA is rumored to be the biggest competition to Notre Dame to land Barr. Based on that, it has to make you smile to see the train wreck that is UCLA this year.

I would really like to see him commit here in the next few weeks. Anyone know if he is scheduled to take any other Officials?

Regarding the UCLA train wreck, remember that we have had some of our best classes in years when the team was a mess. Look at the class we got 2 years ago. Kids see early opportunity and an experienced coaching staff at UCLA. Also, we are recruiting him strictly as a linebacker, whereas UCLA is probably telling him that he can play wherever he wants to.

With that said, I really would like to have him at ND and I still expect him to be Irish.

WabashFalcon
10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Mime walks into room. Looks at front of IE crowd. Points at photo of Anthony Barr. Raises both hands to face, clasps both over mouth. Begins to nod. Furiously.

What did mime say?

BGIF
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Mime walks into room. Looks at front of IE crowd. Points at photo of Anthony Barr. Raises both hands to face, clasps both over mouth. Begs to nod. Furiously.

What did mime say?

Slick Rick did THAT!

BGIF
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Censored.

Let's remember this is a Recruit's Profile.

jason_h537
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
ND is recruiting him as an athlete. He talked to 3 position coaches on his visit

Domer4ever
10-26-2009, 07:26 PM
ND is recruiting him as an athlete. He talked to 3 position coaches on his visit

That is what I read also. I would assume OLB, DE, and RB?

jason_h537
10-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Just In... Barr is officially down to 2 schools. UCLA and Notre Dame. He will Visit UCLA after his season is over then decide

Domer4ever
10-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Just In... Barr is officially down to 2 schools. UCLA and Notre Dame. He will Visit UCLA after his season is over then decide

Good news, but not real surprising. I would think the choice would be obvious with his family history and the direction of the two programs, but perhaps he is one of these kids looking to blaze his own trail. Hope to hear an ND commit here in the not too distant future.

WhoDeyIrish
10-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Good news, but not real surprising. I would think the choice would be obvious with his family history and the direction of the two programs, but perhaps he is one of these kids looking to blaze his own trail. Hope to hear an ND commit here in the not too distant future.

He's Ours...

WabashFalcon
10-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I still think he's already a silent verbal...

irishfan
10-27-2009, 02:38 AM
I still think he's already a silent verbal...

ya ive always had that feeling....no inside info or anything just a feeling ive had

JefMaj
10-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Would love to have this kid in the family - by blood he is already - loved his dad and uncle. Reggie is still here - it's great. Just love everything about this kid. Hope he has a great recovery for his injury.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Apparently, he's down two two schools. I'm assuming ND and UCLA.

NDinL.A.
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Apparently, he's down two two schools. I'm assuming ND and UCLA.

Welcome to the party Ultimate! You're a day late and a buck short LOL. (just kidding man, jason said this last night; it's on the previous page)

For those of you thinking he's all ours and he's a silent commit, you're fooling yourself if you don't think UCLA is a real player here. According to UCLA fans, Barr has been to nearly every home game and many practices. His QB in high school is Rick Neuheisal's son. Rick goes to many Loyola functions, not just the games. The lure of playing close to home could be enticing for him. Both programs have embattled coaches, and ND winning has always been big to him. If we lose and ND Nation melts down (which you know it will), we could be in trouble.

Obviously, we're in great shape here, but in no way is this a slam dunk...

Domer4ever
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I read earlier in the recruiting process that Barr made the comment that Notre Dame needed to win for them to be in the final mix.

Just like so many of these recruits, they want to see Notre Dame show they are capable of returning to glory and competing before they are going to make a four year commitment. So far I think Notre Dame has shown signs that they are on the right track, but a strong finish to the season is a must.

JefMaj
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
If he's waitiing to see how Notre dame fares - how the heck do you then decide UCLA might fare better? Particularly with Neuhisel's history....

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the party Ultimate! You're a day late and a buck short LOL. (just kidding man, jason said this last night; it's on the previous page)
For those of you thinking he's all ours and he's a silent commit, you're fooling yourself if you don't think UCLA is a real player here. According to UCLA fans, Barr has been to nearly every home game and many practices. His QB in high school is Rick Neuheisal's son. Rick goes to many Loyola functions, not just the games. The lure of playing close to home could be enticing for him. Both programs have embattled coaches, and ND winning has always been big to him. If we lose and ND Nation melts down (which you know it will), we could be in trouble.

Obviously, we're in great shape here, but in no way is this a slam dunk...

Sorry. I saw a headline on Rival's page that said he was down to two. I had no idea that it was posted earlier.

Riddickulous
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
The one thing in our favor is that UCLA looks really bad, right now.

phork
10-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Yah I don't understand this train of thought.. If the Irish seem to be on the cusp of greatness, why not sign on and help the team. Otherwise go to a program even worse off than ND was.

WabashFalcon
10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Yah I don't understand this train of thought.. If the Irish seem to be on the cusp of greatness, why not sign on and help the team. Otherwise go to a program even worse off than ND was.

"To start a dynasty, not continue one."

I wonder who said that...

JefMaj
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Anyone read the Barr interview posted in ISD today - I don't have a premium account.

The Polish Irishman
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Nothing really...just down to ND and UCLA

jason_h537
10-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Like many recruits waiting to see what happens to ND. The issue is not to see how good they are but to not have to go through a coaching change.

NDinNM
10-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Like many recruits waiting to see what happens to ND. The issue is not to see how good they are but to not have to go through a coaching change.

I agree with you completely Jason, IMO these recruits are waiting to see if Charlie Weis is even gonna be here when they get on campus. I think the winning will always help, but as the class two years ago proved, you can still sign a great class even while having a terrible season on the field

t3hjc
10-28-2009, 12:23 AM

I'm hoping this is the case with a lot of the big name guys we're still in on.

I think Barr's pivotal to this class though.

BGIF
10-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm hoping this is the case with a lot of the big name guys we're still in on.

I think Barr's pivotal to this class though.

At which position?

t3hjc
10-28-2009, 12:35 AM
At which position?

Either linebacker or end, whatever he grows into. We need all the size/athleticism/speed we can get on the defensive side of the ball. We're never going to consistently be able to compete with the elite programs until we finally turn the corner defensively and it's going to take getting guys like Barr in the fold.

mick2
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
disregard... it was already posted.

irish73102
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM
if he wants to come play for a team that wins hell come to nd wat would u do?

BGIF
12-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Per ESPN affliate ISD Anthony Barr still maintains a top two of ND and UCLA despite the firing of Charlie Weis.

I'm still looking at them the same. Obviously they are going through a transition, but you can't be quick to jump off the boat and judge. I'm going to sit tight, and hopefully I can see who they bring in before national signing day, and also to see which members of the coaching staff remain if any, especially my possible position coaches. I think it's an interesting time, but it's not time to disregard them at all.

If other members of the coaching staff are still there, I think that would help. Just the relationships built over the last two years are so important and can't be replaced. But at the end of the day, it's a business, and they're going to bring the best guy in and hopefully win games. That's it.

GoIrish41
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think the position he'll potentially play is wide open again.

ACamp1900
12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Is there any real suprise with ANY recruit wanting to see Rob stay on board...?

t3hjc
12-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I said I thought Barr was going to be the most critical to the class and he's now even more pivotal with Martin bolting IMO.

jason_h537
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Im gonna have to drive down to Loyola and have a word with Barr. Let him know ill still be on board.

chyrspchuck
12-02-2009, 09:30 PM
man i hope this kid is Irish

jason_h537
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Polian visited Barr today

chyrspchuck
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Polian visited Barr today

sweet. we need him.

jason_h537
12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I was gonna go talk to him but he told me if i dont stop bugging him about going to ND he would kick my ass

Tate the Great
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Anthony was on the NFL Network for the Jets-Bills pregame and he looks like he could fit perfectly as a DE. He looks very similar in body shape to Jason Taylor of the Dolphins.

Flanigan44
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
There is something on rivals about Barr setting a visit. I saw it on their twitter, but can't read the article (not a member).

Tate the Great
12-14-2009, 10:40 PM
There is article on rivals with Anthony talking about the Kelly hire, but I don't have premium access. Anyone care to offer a brief synopsis of the article?

HereComeTheIrish
12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
There's apparently something on Rivals...don't know where I read it, but there's something on Rivals about Anthony and I hear it's on Rivals....

Does anyone know Rivals???

IBLEEDB&G
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM
n/m

MooreND
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Nothing new just that he thinks it's a good hire, and respects Kelly for what he has accomplished, also likes that someone is in place so ND can see where there are heading. Says he's open to whatever position the new coach sees him at. Waiting to hear from coach to get a better guage on him. Can't say it's real groundbreaking. Still sounds like. Two horse race with us and the Bruins. Let's hope not to lose another recruit to Cali, especially with this guys longterm potential.

briankaneb
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Rivals lists him as only having two colleges left on his list that he is both high on (UCLA and ND)...Scout.com says Notre Dame is at the "top of his list".

Watching this kid on tape, he looks absolutely amazing. I can see why we'd want to convert him, but I really think he should stay on the offensive side of the ball after watching a bit of footage from his games.

Scout.com: Relationships Are Key To Barr (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=930027&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fnotredame.scout.com%2f2% 2f930027.html)

briankaneb
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
According to scout.com, ND is his first choice.

Though I think there are arguments to be made that he should play on defense, I really think his offensive skill is just too great and that we should keep him at RB possibly.

NDinL.A.
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
He's down to UCLA and ND, that has been established for quite some time. Both are recruiting him as an athlete. According to ISD, Kelly called him last week and they talked, and Barr is looking forward to meeting with him in an in-home visit early next month. Barr liked what Kelly had to say, and Kelly told him he sees him as an offensive player, a RB who will also catch the ball in a variety of routes. Barr also sees himself as an offensive player but isn't adverse to playing defense...

jason_h537
12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I can't remember which coach said it but you always want your best athletes on defense

BearGB
12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
He's down to UCLA and ND, that has been established for quite some time. Both are recruiting him as an athlete. According to ISD, Kelly called him last week and they talked, and Barr is looking forward to meeting with him in an in-home visit early next month. Barr liked what Kelly had to say, and Kelly told him he sees him as an offensive player, a RB who will also catch the ball in a variety of routes. Barr also sees himself as an offensive player but isn't adverse to playing defense...

Ah!! I'd love to see him on defense, however, again, I think BK is slightly ahead of me in the judging talent category, so I will trust him :)! Either way, I would just love to have him above anything... kid's a beast! Thanks for the info!