PDA

View Full Version : 10 MI LB Max Bullogh (MSU Verbal)

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Linebacker
Traverse City (MI) St. Francis Catholic

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 210 lbs

Schools of Interest
Michigan State
Notre Dame

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Max attended ND's July camp and made an impression on the coaches and was impressed himself.

He has family ties to ND and Michigan State, having family attend both.

With grandfathers that suited up for Michigan State and Notre Dame -- two schools that are also interested in the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Max Bullough -- it could make an interesting signing day come next February.

"It's kind of even," said Max Bullough, who will be a junior at St. Francis in the fall. "My mom's side is all Notre Dame and my dad's side is all Michigan State, so it blows both ways.

"My family fully supports me whatever way I go."

more: Traverse City Record-Eagle - All In The Family: St. Francis grad could keep up family tradition (http://www.record-eagle.com/sports/local_story_188100225.html)

SoCalDomer
07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
So far the ND staff has been going all out in their efforts to court 2010 prospects. Max is another player on the ND recruiting radar, who received a verbal offer.

A formal offer will no doubt go out Sept 1.

irishmarine
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
thats great news that they are going after him. he is in the enemys back yard and with family pulling him both ways i hope he ends up making his mom happy. cuz if momma aint happy nobodys happy

SoCalDomer
08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Answer: NO! LOL

Could another Bullough join the Spartans?
By MATT DORSEY • FREE PRESS SPECIAL WRITER • August 21, 2008

If you are a Michigan State football fan, then the name Bullough is easily recognizable. From the days when Hank Bullough was roaming the field under Clarence "Biggie" Munn to when Shane and Chuck Bullough were helping the George Perles’ Spartan teams to multiple Bowl victories in the late 80’s and early 1990’s, the name is synonymous with excellence in Spartan football. In 2010 it is possible that another Bullough could be adding to the legacy of the Green and White.

Max Bullough is the son of former Spartan All-American Shane Bullough. At 6-foot-3, 215-pounds Max is already bigger than either his father or his uncle Chuck were when they arrived in East Lansing to play linebacker. Last fall as a sophomore starter at Traverse City St. Francis High School, Bullough posted 147 tackles and 24 tackles for a loss while leading the team to a 10-2 record.

Though he has yet to play a game for his junior season, teams like Michigan State, Notre Dame and Iowa have already extended Bullough a full scholarship offer. Rivals.com already considers Bullough one of the top prospects in the Midwest for the class of 2010.

While it would seem that playing for Michigan State would be a foregone conclusion, the Fighting Irish also have some strong family ties to Bullough. Bullough’s grandfather on his mother’s side played for the Irish in the 1950’s and his mom’s brother played for the Irish in the 1970’s.

With Coach Dantonio trying to bring back the toughness and attitude that was characteristic of many of the great Spartan teams, it is easy to see why a player like Bullough will be a top priority next year. Coach Dantonio knows that defense is what wins Big Ten Championships and having a middle-linebacker like Bullough would be a step in the right direction.

Let it Snow?

Bullough may not be the only linebacker prospect for the class of 2010 that has strong family ties to Michigan State University. Jewone Snow of Canton McKinley High School in Ohio is the nephew of Spartan greats Percy and Eric Snow.

Percy was a Butkus Award winning linebacker for the Spartans and Eric had a standout career for Jud Heathcoat before starring in the NBA for over a dozen years. Jewon Snow is another outstanding player that Coach Dantonio and his staff will be evaluating for the class of 2010.

Matt Dorsey is the recruiting analyst for SpartanMag.com and Rivals.com

Could another Bullough join the Spartans? | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080821/SPORTS07/80821005)

SoCalDomer
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Verbal to MSU. this is not surprising considering his family ties to MSU are probably closer and stronger than to ND.

IrishAddiction
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Damn. That sucks it sounded like the kid is going to be a beast. But like father like son i guess. Did i recently hear something that this is the same player had a knee injury that has cut his junior season short? ACL tear?