PDA

View Full Version : '10 IL TE CJ Fiedorowicz (Iowa Verbal)

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Wide Receiver/Tight End
Johnsburg (IL) HS

Ht: 6-foot-7
Wt: 235 lbs

Combine
Forty:
Bench Reps:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Schools of Interest

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
CJ camped at ND weekend before last and impressed the coaches. He is likely going to be one of the highest rated TEs for 2010 and it looks like ND wants to get involved early.

Irishlew
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
"Ht: 6-foot-7
Wt: 235 lbs

Height: 6 foot-1
Weight: 160 lbs."

I'm guessing this is a typo?

irishmarine
getting in early is huge. it really shows these recruits that we want them

irishmarine
is that your height and wieght ?

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm guessing this is a typo?

thanks, cutting and pasting run amok.

SoCalDomer
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Game film of CJ

http://www.prepseen.com/viewvideo/93/6___7__quot__WR_CJ_Fiedorowicz___Colleges_Taking_N otice/

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-10-2009, 08:24 PM
ESPN reported today that although C.J has many schollies from some of the top universities in the nation (Cough ND cough), he said he is waiting and hoping for a scholarship from USC because of the beautiful weather. Someone please explain to this kid that beautiful weather doesn't matter when you are playing football with thugs led by Hitler.

Irishlew
02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
if we don't land this kid...it won't bum me out. I'm really excited about Tyler Eifert, That kid is ridiculously athletic.

Clausen2Kamara
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Would be great to get him and he is definetly talented but I just think we have much bigger needs than TE..

irishmarine
02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
i agree. if he wants to come here then great jump on the boat if not i wouldnt waste too much time on him

NDinL.A.
02-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Would be great to get him and he is definetly talented but I just think we have much bigger needs than TE..

I want to be like USC and FL and be greedy and just stockpile all these dudes. If he's a stud and he's interested I want him.

ESPN reported today that although C.J has many schollies from some of the top universities in the nation (Cough ND cough), he said he is waiting and hoping for a scholarship from USC because of the beautiful weather. Someone please explain to this kid that beautiful weather doesn't matter when you are playing football with thugs led by Hitler

Yeah, but when you're plowing snow out of driveway while it's 78 degrees and sunny in January, and girls (USC girls all over your jock cause you're a football player) are still wearing halter tops in November, then yes, weather matters to these guys. As much as I hate USC, Sneaky Pete gets those guys into the League, and the prestige of being an SC football player in L.A. combined with the women and the weather makes USC an easy sell. Plus the extra $50,000 they get for signing never hurts...:bbanana:

GOLDENISTHYTATE
02-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Man I hate how right you are NDinLA. Those USC song girls are the only good thing about USC.

irish4ever
02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Plus the extra $50,000 they get for signing never hurts.

Those cheatin' mutha f*ckers!

Clausen2Kamara
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Hah. In this case USC could even play the PT card since we have Rudolph the red nose reindeer on our side!!

dyrtdogg
02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
He already has narrowed his list to six schools and plans to make a decision in the spring so he can concentrate on his senior season. He said he will choose Iowa, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Purdue or Illinois. But he admits he would like to consider Florida and USC, if they offer.

A talent-laden 2010 :: FOOTBALL :: YourSeason (http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1431580,021409-football-recruiting-illinois.article)

IHateMarkMay
02-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I would just hate to see him commit to us then have one of those two schools offer... you know sneaky pete or urban would too.

Clausen2Kamara
02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I would just hate to see him commit to us then have one of those two schools offer... you know sneaky pete or urban would too.

True...

irishmarine
02-17-2009, 07:07 PM
they are probably waiting on it

OCIrish
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM

Urban did that with John Goodman.

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
He's undoubtedly the #1 tight-end in this class, a true stud. The great news is that he's coming for the B&G game. The really bad news is that he has names a top 2, according to bucknuts.com. He told them:

"Ohio State is neck and neck with Iowa. Those are my top two."

Ugh. He's the only TE we've offered so far. We're deep at this position, but this guy is a future star IMHO and I really hoped to get him. Hopefully, a visit to campus will put us in the discussion...

SoCalDomer
04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I am very skeptical.

1) ESPN is terrible at getting quotes from players. I think they made a major mistake about Giovanni Bernard a week or two ago. Major misquote.

2) Ohio State uses their TE as a 6th OL. Look at the stats for the TE the last few years. TEs are not a major part of their offense.

3) He doesn't have an offer from Ohio State (i believe), so why would they be in his top 2?

bottom line folks, this is recruiting. It's a roller coaster. It's soap opera drama. It's also big business for these recruiting sites. So stirring the pot makes them money.

fightinirish68
04-16-2009, 02:12 PM
I am very skeptical.

1) ESPN is terrible at getting quotes from players. I think they made a major mistake about Giovanni Bernard a week or two ago. Major misquote.

2) Ohio State uses their TE as a 6th OL. Look at the stats for the TE the last few years. TEs are not a major part of their offense.

3) He doesn't have an offer from Ohio State (i believe), so why would they be in his top 2?

bottom line folks, this is recruiting. It's a roller coaster. It's soap opera drama. It's also big business for these recruiting sites. So stirring the pot makes them money.

ohio state has tight ends? lol

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I am very skeptical.

He doesn't have an offer, and Ohio St. doesn't use their TE, which he has explicitely (sp?)said was huge for him. And oh yeah, their offense blows. Which makes that statement, if true, even more perplexing...

SoCalDomer
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
he may very well like them. but let's wait and see on this one. he is supposed to be at the B&G game with a bunch of 2009 commits and Chris Martin (major recruiter). i think they'll work on him.

hopefully the B&G offense can show him a number of different multi-TE sets to show him how useful TEs are in Weis' offense.

Bluegraysky had a breakdown a week or so ago showing how plain vanilla the offense had become since the loss of multiple receiving TEs and a receiving FB threat out of the backfield. Both positions create incredible complexity for Weis' offense. Even if he were the #3 TE his freshman year at ND, he could still be used. Whereas the #1 TE at OSU might catch 30 times a year with 300-400 yards.

IHateMarkMay
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Good news, made his top 4.

Northwest Herald | Johnsburg’s Fiedorowicz chosen to be part of TV show (http://www.nwherald.com/columnists/columns/2009/04/29/r_lpf7k7jkq_qxegva1ypzyw/index.xml)

Johnsburg’s Fiedorowicz chosen to be part of TV show
Even for someone who seemingly lives in the athletic spotlight, C.J. Fiedorowicz admits this spring has become overwhelming.

“It’s stressful,” said the Johnsburg junior, one of the most highly recruited football players in Illinois. “I’m trying not to get a big head from it.”

Fiedorowicz is hounded daily by college football coaches urging the 6-foot-6, 248-pound tight end to play for their school. On Wednesday, Fiedorowicz experienced a different spotlight when a Game Day Productions crew visited Johnsburg High School to film a feature on him that will appear on “Sports Stars of Tomorrow” in the fall.

Announcer Pat Summerall hosts the show.

“It’s pretty good,” Fiedorowicz said. “It definitely gives me a lot of motivation to work harder. I didn’t realize I was one of the top players in the nation.”

Jerome Butler, the Game Day crew’s producer, interviewed Fiedorowicz, his father Gary, his mother LeeAnn and his sister Paige.

The crew shot Fiedorowicz around school and also caught him Wednesday afternoon in a workout with Paige at Davis Speed Center. The crew saw C.J. and Paige work with trainer Chris Leathers.

“We do pay a lot of attention to recruiting,” Butler said. “Chicago is a big market. We try to find stories on the Internet, find a few stories and narrow it down.”

While in Chicago, the crew also was going to film Proviso West junior wide receiver Kyle Prater, a 6-5, 205-pound wide receiver who is another top recruit. Also, the crew will do a story on Chicago De La Salle’s Mike Shaw, a 6-8 forward rated the No. 8 sophomore basketball player in the country by ESPN.com.

New Johnsburg football coach Barry Creviston also was at school Wednesday to visit his future players and talk to Fiedorowicz.

The Skyhawks’ three-sport standout opted out of baseball this spring and is running track, where he has proven to be a pretty good sprinter.

As part of the feature, Butler interviewed Jerad Grundy, the senior quarterback who threw Fiedorowicz so many passes the last three seasons. Butler said the crew also did a smaller feature on Grundy, a fireballing left-handed pitcher headed to NCAA Division I powerhouse Miami (Fla.) unless he gets drafted high enough that he goes professional.

Last week, Fiedorowicz reportedly told bucknuts.com, an Ohio State fan Web site, that Iowa and Ohio State were his top two choices. He said Wednesday he actually has a top four comprised of Iowa, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Fiedorowicz played wide receiver for three years, but projects as a tight end in college.

“I may make my decision over the summer,” Fiedorowicz said. “I’d like to try to decide before [the high school season].”

Fiedorowicz plans to make another visit to Wisconsin sometime this spring and also plans to revisit Columbus, Ohio on Sept. 12 for the USC-Ohio State game. If he has committed elsewhere, he would not attend that game.

Clausen2Kamara
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
good news bro thanks for the article...

jason_h537
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Article on ESPN today, Fiedorowicz names a top three. After Ianello stopped by for a visit, his top three are now Iowa, OSU, and Notre Dame. says he plans on taking an official next season. Would post a link, but it never seems to work for me.

BGIF
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
He noted he would take all 5 offiicals in the Kurelic piece. ND OSU and IOW will be 3 of them.
I'll find two others.

jason_h537
05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Aslong as we get them on campus i like our chances

GO IRISH!!!!!

BGIF
05-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Aslong as we get them on campus i like our chances

GO IRISH!!!!!

He's already been on campus at least 3 times, an '08 game, '09 Junior Day, and '09 B&G.

Saracino should like the 25 ACT.

BGIF
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
A story on Welch in today's SBT notes that:

Notre Dame is again likely to sign two tight ends in 2010 after signing two in each of the last two cycles.

I had figured on 1 TE this cycle. If SBT is correct, C-Fied is still in the game if he choses to be.

BGIF
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
While Bob Wienke, SBT, thinks ND will take 2 TEs

South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame tops OSU for TE (http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090526/SPORTS13/905269981/1021/Sports)

Citing Alex Welch, Bill Kurelic reports ND is done with TEs:

Welch also closed the book on tight ends for Weis' 2010 recruiting class. The Irish have a young and talented group of tight ends returning next season.
"They told me they were only taking one tight end this year," Welch said. "I knew that before I committed."

Midwest Recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Midwest_Recruiting)

jason_h537
05-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Oh well, i think we got a good one in Welch. Now the Irish can concentrate on other players

irishmarine
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
yup, we need to start making some moves in the recruiting news. get people fired up for irish football.

WabashFalcon
05-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey... if he still want's to come and ball here... think of the new 4TE formation.... I think I just got a little stiff down south...

big daddy
05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
If you waite too long the ND bus will leave you. You gotta be on your toes!

irishmarine
05-27-2009, 09:00 PM
a formation with 4 tight ends wow! i just went from 6 to 12!

notredomer23
05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
He is not going to be Irish. Don't get to excited

OCIrish
05-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Not too worried now whether he comes here or not. Happy with who we got.

Bubba
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
a formation with 4 tight ends wow! i just went from 6 to 12!

You need to come up with a new slogan...

BGIF
06-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Blue chips, friendship, scholarships :: FOOTBALL :: YourSeason (http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1600319,053009-football-recruiting-prater-cooper-illinois.article)
May 30, 2009 BY TAYLOR BELL

... the top-rated player in the Chicago area, 6-7, 250 TE C.J. Fiedorowicz of Johnsburg, has 18 offers but admits OSU and Iowa head his list. He could commit on Sept. 12, when he attends the USC-OSU game in Columbus, Ohio. He admits the recruiting process "has been a lot tougher than I thought it would be." "Originally, I thought I would commit in the spring, but now it will be in the fall," he said. "The process is pretty stressful. There is so much you have to look at. You have to know who is BS'ing you. College coaches are pulling you in a lot of different ways. I have narrowed my options, and now I must decide what is best for me."
Fiedorowicz still hasn't discounted Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Aside from the Sept. 12 trip to OSU, he plans to visit Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois before making his decision. It appears OSU would have an edge "if they use their offense like I want them to. I wish they used the tight end more. Last year, they used the tight end only 15 times [for passes. If they don't change, I'll probably go to Iowa. It's not fun to be a tight end if all you do is block. I want to catch the ball, go for deep and mid-range passes. But with Terrelle Pryor in the offense, will they want to pass the ball to the tight end a lot?" Fiedorowicz has worked hard to become the best football prospect he can be. He passed up baseball this spring to improve his quickness by sprinting on the track team. He has been timed in 11.4 seconds for 100 meters and 23.8 for the 200. He covers 40 yards in 4.5 seconds. ...

Sounds like there's one kid cutting thru the BS. Good for him.

But I don't think Welch is a problem to him, nor Eifert or Golic. I suspect he doesn't want to wait for Rudolph and Ragone to move on. Anywhere else he goes he can start as a freshman. Shame I like the combination of size and speed. Never too many TEs.

OCIrish
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
If he wanted to go somewhere that they use the TE, then why in the hell didn't he hop on the bus. Either he's afraid of competition, or he's not as good as he thinks he is. I don't think Welch has complained about the way we use our TE's, but for him to say that he wants OSU to change the way they run their Offense for him is a bit premature in his abilities, IMO.

jason_h537
06-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I think Welch is very underestimated and would give Fiedorowicz all he could handle

BGIF
06-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I think Welch is very underestimated and would give Fiedorowicz all he could handle

I don't know about the all he can handle Fiedorowicz is already Div 1 size with Ragone's speed. And he's probably in the 250 range when he stepped on campus. A TE that can block with WR speed. Coupled with ND's WR makes for DC's headaches.

I agree Welch is estimated. Rivals has him as their #10 TE. Any other position #10 prospect and we'd be jumping up and down. Scout however has Welch at #3 right behind Fiedorowicz. Regardless he has to bulk up 20 -30 pounds.

One of the problems with such early recruitment is we lose sight that these kids have just finished their junior year of HS. Some of their heights and weights may be exaggerated but many of them are still listed from their junior season. Most of them will add muscle in the coming year. Martin's already added 15 pounds as as an example.

I'm pleased with Welch. I'd still like the big, fast guy but I've moved him from Prospect to Suspect on my recruiting list. He doesn't like the Depth at ND. I thought Eifert would move to WR as I expected a lean year for WR signees considering the youth and depth of ND's receiving corps. ND probably won't get Prater but there's a lot of talent on the ND offer list at WR and ND's should due well. That would keep Eifert in the TE corps.

The Polish Irishman
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Commited to Illinois

irish4ever
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Commited to Illinois
Reportly intoxicated on Zook kool-aid at time of commitment!

OCIrish
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Commited to Illinois

So much for him liking tOSU, or Iowa. Does Illinois even use a TE?

BGIF
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Jeff Johnson
OrangeandBlueNews.com

Johnsburg (Ill.) 4 star TE C.J. Fiedorowicz ended his recruitment on Wednesday night when he gave a verbal commitment to Fighting Illini head coach Ron Zook. The future Illini TE picked Illinois over offers from ND OSU IOWA and WIS.

BGIF
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
So much for him liking tOSU, or Iowa. Does Illinois even use a TE?

Yes, they do. Mike Hoomanawanui was the 4th leading receiver averaging with 12.5 ypc. He's a senior. Hubie Grahram a soph, and London Davis, a redshirt Fr, are backups. None had Fiedorowicz's credentials.

He's also picked a more competitive team. ILL is picked #3 in Big 10 and he stayed in-state, a homey.

I wanted this kid but Welch is a lot easier to type and pronounce. I like Welch but wanted a pair of bookends with Fauria gone.

WabashFalcon
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey, Welch is our guy. He is gonna be good.

jason_h537
07-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah i like Welch as well and hes got a whol year to mature before getting tocampus. Don't forget how good Parmalee has been at coaching these guys up. We always give love to Corwin, ianello and Polian, as we should, but Parmalee doesn't get enough credit for the job he has done there.