PDA

View Full Version : 10 IN OT James Hurst (UNC Verbal)

Synoptico
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Offensive Tackle
Plainfield (IN) Plainfield

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 270 lbs

Offered per scout

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 12:24 AM
James is the third OT offered for the 2010 class.

irishmarine
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
thatsd great that they are targeting positions of need so early. i love the recruiting of this staff

Mattmags
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
From What I've heard/read, ND has such a head start on the O-Line recruiting and has great relationships already established. rumor is they could easily end up with the best OL haul in the nation next year.

SoCalDomer
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
ND sent James a written offer this week.

IrishAddiction
11-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Is this the guy who was our most recent offer per rivals.....i cant remember the guys name, but i remember he was a 6'6 280 OT (kinda close to this guy)....anybody know who im talking about?

IrishAddiction
04-11-2009, 02:04 PM
a little smoke over on the rivals ND site is hinting that notre dame is in the lead for hurst services thus far. takes premium access.

Ricochet
04-11-2009, 02:40 PM
The talk at the moment is that he's a heavy ND lean.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Thats great to hear. Go Irish!

Irishlew
04-11-2009, 09:30 PM
a little smoke over on the rivals ND site is hinting that notre dame is in the lead for hurst services thus far. takes premium access.

link? i have premium access, but couldn't find anything.

OCIrish
04-12-2009, 07:53 AM
There was a little spot by the main headline leading one to possibly think ND is in the lead, who knows. It said "ND in lead for Hurst?"-Mike Farrel

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, I have the day off and I was checking out some other sites, and 2 mods at different sites are reporting that James Hurst has eliminated the Irish. I don't have a link from Rivals or Scout yet, so who knows. But they say that he was close to Latina, and that played a part. (I hate to fan Internet rumors w/out a link, but I'm bored b/c directTV is here putting in DVR (finally!!!) and I'm having new windows installed in the house all day, so what can I say? Take it for what it's worth...)

IrishAddiction
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
damn. that sucks. we have to keep the indiana talent in south bend. he would be an amazing get. hope its just internet rumors and nothing more.

Ricochet
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
It does look like ND and Alabama got eliminated. That's why all this talk of where prospects are going to end up needs to be taken with even more than grain of salt.

SoCalDomer
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
slow down folks. to my knowledge he is still on the for the B&G game. if he meets Verducci and doesn't have the chemistry, then so be it. guess what? hundreds of recruits do not choose ND every year.

please wait until the recruiting ride comes to a complete stop before exiting the ride.

NDinL.A.
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
slow down folks. to my knowledge he is still on the for the B&G game. if he meets Verducci and doesn't have the chemistry, then so be it. guess what? hundreds of recruits do not choose ND every year.

please wait until the recruiting ride comes to a complete stop before exiting the ride.

Agreed. Loooooong ways until signing day. Like baseball, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon with a lot of these guys (just look at what it took to get Te'o).

The funny thing is, a bunch of people get mad when recruits decommit, and they scream at CW to make sure these guys take their time and KNOW FOR SURE that they want to be Irish. And in the next breath they're looking forward to having at least 3 guys commit at the B&G game.

I want guys to commit as well, but there's a ton of time between now and NSD. Strong commintments like Martin's and Smith's are fantastic, but there are also many cases of very weak ones as well. If we have a great season, guys that we thought we had little shot at will suddenly start looking our way. And if we suck, then guys we thought we had wrapped up will start to open themselves up again. It's a loooong ways away until our first game even.

But still, the day-to-day recruiting is what sells, and I get sucked in at times as well...

Ricochet
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Hurst wasn't coming to the B&G game before he eliminated ND, so what are you guys talking about?

I agree that it's a marathon and not a sprint but getting eliminated is getting eliminated. ND is already out of this race.

IrishAddiction
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
i havent found anywhere that says he has eliminated ND. does anyone have an actual reliable link or are we just going off of rumors?

SoCalDomer
04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Hurst wasn't coming to the B&G game before he eliminated ND, so what are you guys talking about?

I agree that it's a marathon and not a sprint but getting eliminated is getting eliminated. ND is already out of this race.

you are correct, hurst is not coming to the B&G game. i was thinking of James Stone, OT from Tenn.

now it's time to panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

jonesman
04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
You guys need to take a serious lude. We are going to be fine in recruiting.

ant80
04-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Rivals video.

Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-football/AMP-Hurst-down-to-five-49246).
Mods, I'm not sure about the rules on posting the link. Please remove link if it is against the rules. I have added the summary of the interviews.

Top 5 in no particular order, what he likes about each school is in parantheses: Florida (most recent visit, facilities), Georgia (visited same week as FL, likes coaching staff), Mississippi State (brother's playing there, been there most), Ohio State (hasn't visited; academics, atheletic stuff) and North Carolina (month ago visit; rising team, ACC).

Key factors: relationship with coaching staff, campus, people at the university, whether he fits in, academics (wants to major in kinesology).

IrishInFl
04-17-2009, 01:35 AM
North Carolina is in the ACC dude.

ant80
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
North Carolina is in the ACC dude.

Mia culpa!!! :D

SoCalDomer
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Mods, I'm not sure about the rules on posting the link. Please remove link if it is against the rules.

as long as it's free, it's OK.

IrishAddiction
04-17-2009, 01:09 PM
dang. i was really hoping to keep this kid in south bend, but there are still very good prospects on our wish list so no worries. seantrel, james, and linder seem reasonable to me.

SoCalDomer
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
North Carolina

IHateMarkMay
04-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Can't say I saw UNC coming...

irish4ever
04-23-2009, 07:46 AM
It sure would have been great to see him stay in state and playing for the Irish, but so be it!

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Darn. I was really hoping for ND to land this kid. Wasn't there an article a week or two ago stating ND was in the lead for him? Oh well. Go Irish!

jiggafini19
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
You guys need to take a serious lude. We are going to be fine in recruiting.

No matter how many times you try to convince people of us, they still go running for the sharp objects in late April when Signing Day is in early February.

If I go back to school for my Doctrine in Athletic Administration, I intend on doing a study that proves the majority of college football fans ate paint chips as children.

For now, though, it would get in the way of my yoga.

Junkhead
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh well. We took some talent away from USC and Tennesee (among others), so its not unexpected to lose some local guys.

IrishAddiction
04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I really dont like UNC. was kinda hoping this kid would stay in the SEC with his bro or play at Georgia after he had eliminated us. oh well, so be it.

Irish52
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I believe Hurst committed to North Carolina.

SoCalDomer
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
YouTube - Dumb and Dumber - We Landed on the Moon! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo&feature=player_embedded)

Irishlew
04-24-2009, 01:34 PM
sweet video...lol

BGIF
12-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Rumor on Irish Illustrated's Message Board says Jame Hurst is in play for ND. Actually the post says he will sign with ND. I have no idea if this the poster is simply a troll or if Kelly has gotten a listener.

As Hurst's brother is at UNC and ND has no OL coach announced yet on Team Kelly, I'll hold off getting evenly mildly excited. Now if ISD or Blue and Gold run something based on an interview ...

We need an LT!

NDinL.A.
12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Isn't the Internet crazy??? One post by an anonymous poster about James Hurts and it spreads like wildfire. I read this post on ISD, and they said it was on NDNation as well, now it's here, and God knows how many other ND websites. Remember when that idiot came on the ISD website and said that his brother worked with blah blah blah and said that Stoops to ND was a done deal? It got so big that news outlets were actually quoting it and it shut the ISD website down because of the intense traffic. And it was conpletely bogus!!!

I don't think the NC boards are buzzing about Hurst to ND, and like BGIF said, let's wait for the big boys who get paid to cover ND to start talking about it. Then I'll believe it. WIth his brother already enrolled in NC, the only way I can see this happening is if his brother hates already over there. And I have a close buddy who lives out there, and from what he says, I highly doubt it that he hates it.

But damn, it would be nice!

EDIT: Hurst did an interview last Thursday and he said he's planning on enrolling early. Steve Wiltfong said that ND wasn't even in Hurst's finalists, so he highly doubts there's anything to it...