PDA

View Full Version : Knicks/Isiah Thomas

stonebreakerwasgod
11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Can someone tell me why Isiah Thomas is still running the Knicks?? I heard he kicked the players out of practice. David Stern called the team "dysfunctional", and that was the nicest thing he could possibly say.
After the team's crappy record, poor trades and signings, harrassment charges, run-in's w/ players......what does it take to be shown the door?

All I can say is.......What an organization to work for!!!

SillyIrish
11-21-2007, 08:31 AM
The fans at MSG let their voices be heard last night shouting "Fire Isiah" during the Knicks game. His days are definately numbered.

johnnd05
12-09-2007, 10:35 AM
ESPN - Report: Thomas' job safe with Knicks, owner says - NBA (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3147670)

Despite back-to-back losses against the woeful Sixers, New York Knicks head coach Isiah Thomas was reportedly told by owner James Dolan that his job is not in jeopardy.

After Saturday night's 105-77 loss at Madison Square Garden where fans were chanting "Fire Isiah", Dolan continued to support his embattled coach, a high-ranking team official told The New York Post.

Unbelievable ...

daytonirish
12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Well the way things usually work, now that Dolan has come out puplicly to support Isiah he will be fired very soon. But I was listening to a sports radio show the other day while they were discussing this and the one point that was brought up. Was that with the personallity Dolan has the longer people keep calling for him to fire Isiah the longer he will keep him on board. Sounds like these two ego maniacs fit together perfectley. I'm just glad that Bill Davidson was smart enough to hire Joe Dumars to run the Pistons instead of Isiah.

stonebreakerwasgod
12-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Dolan and Thomas sound like reciprocating enablers. They not only deserve each other, they need each other.

KamaraPolice
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Well the way things usually work, now that Dolan has come out puplicly to support Isiah he will be fired very soon. But I was listening to a sports radio show the other day while they were discussing this and the one point that was brought up. Was that with the personallity Dolan has the longer people keep calling for him to fire Isiah the longer he will keep him on board. Sounds like these two ego maniacs fit together perfectley. I'm just glad that Bill Davidson was smart enough to hire Joe Dumars to run the Pistons instead of Isiah.

that's what i was thinking. usually, the "we are all committed 100%" means, you have this season to turn it around and if you don't, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

KamaraPolice
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Dolan and Thomas sound like reciprocating enablers. They not only deserve each other, they need each other.

kinda like a stoney/socal relationship???

stonebreakerwasgod
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Pretty much. Kinda like yourself and donors. :)

onenybrother
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
When you root on sports teams your only as good as your G.M. and owner allow you to be. The Dolans could careless abouty ther Knicks. It's what MSG bring to the table. Madison Square Garden, Radio CIty Music Hall, Paramount Theater, Cablevision and the MSG Network is all they care about. They hasn't had to paid taxes on MSG for over 25 years. The fans can cry fire whomever they want. As long as The Dolans own the team, the Knick are gonna never change.

KamaraPolice
12-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Pretty much. Kinda like yourself and donors. :)

oh burn. zing. why you gotta remind me?

stonebreakerwasgod
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Losing Isiah??

At a recent home game, the fans were heard chanting "Fire Isiaah" The looks on the knicks players was priceless. Pretty sad, really. They have been broken since Ewing left.

Irishknight1023
12-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Coming from a Knicks fan this orginazation has the highest payroll and the worst team in the league.......oh yeah Forbes just announced that for the 3rd year in the row they are the most valuable NBA franchise and made the most money.......unbeleivable. Dolan is an idiot who took over for his Dad and Isiah well....when Starberry gets fed up enough with how sh*tty he and his team plays then he'll spill the beans on Isiah completly. It's come to the point that I laugh and accually enjoy every new rediculous story that comes out (which is always negative)

notredomer23
12-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Fire Isaiah!!! This team has the some of the best talent in the league, but they have no chemistry thanks to the coach

kjones
12-15-2007, 06:31 AM
oh burn. zing. why you gotta remind me?

Um, wow KP, you are, like, really, really, really, ridiculously poor*. Don't ever go to Vegas.

*really really really really really really really REALLY poor.

notredomer23
12-15-2007, 06:34 AM
I think he bet it and the event hasnt been settled because i gave him 2 mil yesterday. If he lost....sigh

stonebreakerwasgod
12-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey KP, I suggest right when you're about to make a bet. STOP

and do the opposite. :)

kjones
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey KP, I suggest right when you're about to make a bet. STOP

and do the opposite. :)

You tell em George.