PDA

View Full Version : Dis-parity in NFL

SoCalDomer
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't know if you have the rich teams getting richer and the bad teams getting... worser (ya it's a word, I looked it up), but consider these interesting facts:

If the Patriots win this weekend and go to 11-0, and the Bills lose and go to 5-6, the Patriots will have clinched a playoff spot in the 12th week.

The Patriots face the 5-5 Eagles who may be without McNabb, or even with him he may not be at 100% (when's the last time he was 100%; this guy seems like he's hurt all the time). Meanwhile the Bills face the 7-3 Jaguars. So there's a good chance this will happen.

Meanwhile the 0-10 Dolphins will be wish'n, hope'n, plann'n and dream'n of their first win of the season. They play at the 7-3 Steelers. I think the cold weather alone means a loss for the Dolphins. How in the world is Ricky Williams going to stay warm in that weather unless he lights one up?

The 5-5 Chargers are leading the AFC West division? Meanwhile the 3rd place AFC south 6-3 Titans would be #1 or tied for the #1 spot in three other divisions (AFC & NFC included).

By the end of the season, it's not surprising to have a number of teams at or under .500. But, as of right now there are 13 teams under .500 by more than one game (i.e. 4-6 or worse). 4 of those teams have two wins, meaning they would have to win their final 6 (straight) games to finish at .500. The 0-10 Dolphins are guaranteed a losing season.

Does anyone think there will be a bunch of head coaches without a job by the end of the season?

stonebreakerwasgod
11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
The bengals should be so lucky. Marvin Lewis is awful. The same comments occur after every game. Plus, he laughs and smiles as if this is all a joke. He doesn't go after the players (see Chad Johnson in the 'why the bengals are awful thread), but instead goes after reporters about how they know nothing about football.

He has another 2 or 3 years on his contract, and the Bengals are too cheap to replace him. Plus, they would be admitting it's his fault, rather than the lack of scouting or the crappy players they have. Only the knicks, Dolphins, and Reds (of course) are more dysfunctional.