PDA

View Full Version : Quinn have a future in Cleveland?

stonebreakerwasgod
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Some have speculated that Brady Quinn will be playing elsewhere next year. When Cleveland moved into the first round to nab the Notre Dame star quarterback, many considered it a major coup.

That was before Derek Anderson started playing. After Charlie Frye flamed out in the first game, and the coaching staff decided Quinn wasn't ready, Anderson was considered a stop-gap option. Now, Anderson, who will be a free agent at the end of this season, might be on the cusp of a big contract. Anderson has been the primary reason the Browns have turned their fortunes around and saved coach Romeo Crennel's job.

Now, the team can't turn to Quinn even though he looked good in the preseason. How can Anderson be denied? Expect Quinn to be shopped in the offseason, possibly garnering a first-round pick. There will be plenty of teams interested, perhaps including Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago and Carolina.

The Denver Post - Scaife savors homecoming (http://origin.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_7477172)

Junkhead
11-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Bears!

SoCalDomer
11-16-2007, 11:30 PM
I like the idea of him going to the Bears.

But why would they go after him as their franchise type QB and give him up a year later? It seems just as plausible they try to trade Anderson for a 2nd round pick.

Akron Irish
11-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Derek will bust at some point, just wait. He sure did suck last year

uNiDentified1
11-16-2007, 11:58 PM
It's Kitna v. Palmer all over again. Derek is playing for money right now, he'll revert back at some point. Quinn is the future in Cleveland IMO.

NDgrandson
11-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Some have speculated that Brady Quinn will be playing elsewhere next year. When Cleveland moved into the first round to nab the Notre Dame star quarterback, many considered it a major coup.

That was before Derek Anderson started playing. After Charlie Frye flamed out in the first game, and the coaching staff decided Quinn wasn't ready, Anderson was considered a stop-gap option. Now, Anderson, who will be a free agent at the end of this season, might be on the cusp of a big contract. Anderson has been the primary reason the Browns have turned their fortunes around and saved coach Romeo Crennel's job.

Now, the team can't turn to Quinn even though he looked good in the preseason. How can Anderson be denied? Expect Quinn to be shopped in the offseason, possibly garnering a first-round pick. There will be plenty of teams interested, perhaps including Minnesota, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago and Carolina.

The Denver Post - Scaife savors homecoming (http://origin.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_7477172)

Quinn to Baltimore PLEASE!!! Ozzie Newsome and Savage have a great relationship. Get it done. McNair sucks.

johnnd05
11-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Jets?

:pray:

NDFan4Life
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Panthers! :)

mlcspinner
11-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Quinn right know is not that expense for the Browns. They will keep him as the back up. He will see the playing field as a Brown at some point

stonebreakerwasgod
11-17-2007, 06:45 AM
I say they keep him, but since I'm a dumbass Bengals fan....I hope they trade 'em.

SouthernIrish
11-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Brady to ATLANTA! Its the only thing that could right this sinking ship.

laxkid23
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I would want Quinn to go to the Lions. Kitna is old and makes a lot of mistakes. In Mike Martz system, Quinn would thrive.

Steve
11-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Quinn to Baltimore PLEASE!!! Ozzie Newsome and Savage have a great relationship. Get it done. McNair sucks.

god, i would throw up lol

NDChatt
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Amderson will be an unrestricted free agent after this year, meaning Cleveland would have to match offers from other teams. Cleveland will not have two high priced qbs on their hands. By the way this is pretty much verbatium from Jon Clayton's mouth.

IRISHDODGER
11-18-2007, 06:10 PM
bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears, bears.

kjones
11-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I've heard lots of talk of Anderson leaving after this year, and them trading for some picks to make up what they lost getting Quinn, or for some other of their needs. But this is probably the first article I've read saying Quinn is gonna go. You don't pick up a franchise QB and then drop him after one year.

Junkhead
11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Ted Ginn Jr. had a punt return TD today, maybe the 0-10 Dolphins were smart to pick him over Quinn. Kidding of course.

SoCalDomer
11-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Ted Ginn Jr. had a punt return TD today, maybe the 0-10 Dolphins were smart to pick him over Quinn. Kidding of course.

Who needs wins. It's all about what kind of relationship the head coach has with 1 player and his family. http://www.jeepsunlimited.com//forums/images/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I don;t have anything against Ginn Jr. i hope he has a great career. But Cameron was/is a dingleberry for giving that response as the reason they chose him over taking a QB. especially with all the turnover they had at that position.

JeremyND07
11-19-2007, 07:52 AM
BQ is not going anywhere!!!!! Derek Anderson will be the only one leaving but I think they will both be here next year! BQ is not that high priced when he cannot get all those incentives!!! Anderson has looke iffy at best the last two games...give him time! Every game Derek starts is better for BQ in the long run! What a great game yesterday btw!!

GO BROWNS!!!!

Zorro50
12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
First And 10 Inches: Thank You, Brady (http://www.firstandteninches.com/2007/12/thank-you-brady.html)

This guy is ND class all the way.

goldandblue
12-17-2007, 03:03 PM
That's great, I'm glad N.D. puts players out that have class!

Irish52
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Miami Dolphins...they need all the help they can get!

Irish52
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Miami Dolphins...they need all the help they can get!

Junkhead
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
BQ is a class act all the way. I can't wait until he gets to play. Troy Smith, John Beck and Russell have seen the field, when does the best QB in the draft get to play???

ACamp1900
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Trade D. Anderson for the top pick... problem solved... ;)

WE'll take Adrian Peterson too I guess....

loomis41973
12-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Dont look for Quinn to go anywhere, but if it happens i say 49ers baybeeee.....

IHateMarkMay
12-18-2007, 09:32 AM
The Bears need a QB...

kjones
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Dont look for Quinn to go anywhere, but if it happens i say 49ers baybeeee.....

Oh man, this would be the greatest thing in my life! Quinn to the niners!!!!

NoJusticeNoPeace
12-21-2007, 01:33 PM
A trade would render my Brady Quinn Browns jersey useless! Keep him and trade the one-year wonder.

mbooch
12-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I would want Quinn to go to the Lions. Kitna is old and makes a lot of mistakes. In Mike Martz system, Quinn would thrive.

Jeesuz! Think what you're saying ! What QB has "thrived" in Detroit since Bobby Layne?

Detroit is the place QB'a go to die, regadless of who's coaching. PRAY that Brady goes anywhere EXCEPT Detroit!

NeoDymium
12-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Brady's future is to replace Jared as Subway's main spokes person.

HereComeTheIrish
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Based on DA's performance yesterday, Brady isn't going anywhere.

He's had all year to sit on the bench and learn and he'll win the job out of training camp here in Cleveland. Anderception will be traded as soon as the Super Bowl is completed to the highest bidder...

Rocket's Rocket Fan
12-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Based on DA's performance yesterday, Brady isn't going anywhere.

I agree, but what are the chances that he may see some PT on Sunday? I mean there is nothing to loose on Sunday, is there??

HereComeTheIrish
12-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I agree, but what are the chances that he may see some PT on Sunday? I mean there is nothing to loose on Sunday, is there??

Honestly, I don't think he'll see any time... I think that Brady goes lights out against the Niners and creates a qb controversy going into the playoffs. Not a good recipe for a run to the sb. Fat Albert...a.k.a. Romeo Crennell has proven his incompetence many times over to this point in the season...why go out and prove himself wrong...AGAIN with regards to the quarterback position. ;)

Without a doubt, Brady is the quarterback of this franchise...Fat Man is all about riding this wave to the end and starting fresh next year just to save his own ass.

Irish52
12-25-2007, 02:57 PM
The Miami Dolphins is the team in the most need of a qtrbk...I think Bill Parcells get an experienced qtrbk to play next year and train Brady next year also. At some point in the season, Brady is made the starter. All of this is based on the premise that the Bears pass on Brady.......which, in mho, they should not.

HereComeTheIrish
12-25-2007, 03:29 PM
The Miami Dolphins is the team in the most need of a qtrbk...I think Bill Parcells get an experienced qtrbk to play next year and train Brady next year also. At some point in the season, Brady is made the starter. All of this is based on the premise that the Bears pass on Brady.......which, in mho, they should not.

Are you assuming that Brady is gone?

Epitome
12-25-2007, 06:14 PM
AS a Browns fan I'm glad it played out the way that it did. With DA playing well, he has become very good trade bait for the Browns.They gave up alot in last years draft so it would be nice to get a second or third round pick for him. Brady is the future and I don't see him sitting much longer.