PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with baseball thread

SoCalDomer
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
A place to throw out your recomendations to bring baseball back to America's game.

I think they need to:

1) Implement a salary cap and a salary floor
2) Shorten the season from 163 games to 140-ish. Not only is the season too long (I am done watching baseball at the end of October) it rewards teams who start hot. Not to mention it will reduce injuries by longer rest periods.
3) No more inter-league games. There's just no fair way to make sure the strength of schedule remains even if one NL division plays all the tough AL teams.
4) Home field advantage of WS is decided by regular season win/loss record, not the all star game.
5) All star game held at the end of the season.
6) Make the draft similar to NBA and NFL drafts. No more 30+ rounds where teams draft players who aren't even going into the minor leagues. Players should have to declare themselves for the draft.

what else?

stonebreakerwasgod
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Give teams more power to hold on to players, so you don't have the mass exodus after the restriction phase is over. If players and teams aren't loyal to each other, why should fans be loyal to them?

SoCalDomer
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Give teams more power to hold on to players, so you don't have the mass exodus after the restriction phase is over. If players and teams aren't loyal to each other, why should fans be loyal to them?

True, players used to play for their hometown team. I'm not sure how that type of restriction would be implemented though. I definitely think a team should be able to block a player from going to a direct rival, like say Boston can prevent a player from leaving and going to the Yankees and vice versa. There should have to be a year or two in between playing for rivals.

7) No free agent signing with direct rivals.

stonebreakerwasgod
11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I realize it's a pipe dream, but that's how I feel.

SoCalDomer
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey man, your feelings are valid. Thats what this support group is about. :hug:

stonebreakerwasgod
11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Group hugs are fine, just don't go grabbing my crotch like they did to the Packer who jumped into the stands. Also, no warm showers together (females only).

ab2cmiller
11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Mandate that the Cubs are automatically declared "World Champions" at least once every 100 years.

stonebreakerwasgod
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I think there are too many teams, and not enough pitching to go around (see Reds). I believe MLB should contract by 3 teams per league (totalling six for those who are math challenged).

SoCalDomer
11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Bad therapy:
Group hugs are fine, just don't go grabbing my crotch like they did to the Packer who jumped into the stands.

Good therapy:

warm showers together (females only).

onenybrother
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

Baseball is gonna never change. Union to powerful.

SoCalDomer
11-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Baseball is gonna never change. Union to powerful.

Oh, why did you have to go wizz on the electric fence with a dose of reality. :ogrin: No, you're probably right. But it's all about pipe dreams in here.