PDA

View Full Version : A-rod doesn't hear too well

SoCalDomer
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
At the end of the Wolrd Series, I recall reading newsreports that Boston fans began chanting "Don't sign A-Rod".

Today, news reports state:

Red Sox would be No.1 on A-Rod's list
Sunday, Nov 4, 2007 8:12 am EST

Citing sources close to Alex Rodriguez, the Boston Globe reported Sunday that if Rodriguez could handpick the team he plays for, the Boston Red Sox might be No. 1 on his list.

According to The Globe, the source said Rodriguez would love to play for the Sox because he thinks they can win multiple championships.

Also, agent Scott Boras has been pleasantly surprised with the early interest in Rodriguez. "Several teams have expressed an interest and there have been a couple of surprise teams I never expected to hear from," he said. Boras would not reveal any names (one of the surprise teams is thought to be the Marlins).

Source: The Boston Globe

Does he think asking for $350 million would win them over?

Newc
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Haha ofcourse the Sox would be #1 now that the Yankees are out of the picture. After the Yanks who would you go to to drive your price up??? Maybe the second biggest spending team? Haha and no way...Boras says there are a ton of teams interested in Alex?? No way!! Well I guess those who want him better fatten those checks up since there are so many teams in the running here. Give me a break!

I really doubt Boston goes after A-Rod, it wouldn't fit well with the fans and I doubt it would fit well in the locker room after the numerous run-ins boston players have had with A-Rod. Re-sign Lowell and if we can't get that done then try to trade for Cabrera.