2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

BOSTON RED SOX

Crown Them!!!

We are who you thought we were. The best team in baseball!!!:bbanana: :pbanana:

Newc
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
A hell of a year boys!!!

The Best Team in Baseball from Day 1!!

2007 World Series Champions! The Dynasty Continues!!

Sureal
10-29-2007, 11:02 AM
2008---What I would like to see

CF Jacoby Ellsbury
2nd baseman Dusty Pedroia
DH David Ortiz
RF Manny (get rid of him) Free Agent
3rd baseman Lowell (Top Priority)
first baseman Youklis
Catcher Jason Varitek (need to start grooming younger player)
LF JD Drew (if you can dump him do it)
SS Lugo (keep him, love the glove)

SP Beckett
SP Dice K
SP Lester
SP Bucholz
SP Free Agent Veteran (Get rid of Clement)

DO NOT SIGN A-ROD!!!

johnnd05
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations. I hate baseball. I hope you guys sign A-Rod AND Barry Bonds.

SoCalDomer
10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
DO NOT SIGN A-ROD!!!

Hey, maybe he's come to his senses and wants win for a change. Oh wait, Boras is still his agent, nevermind. It's about the money.

SoCalDomer
10-29-2007, 12:26 PM

(Inside: Ha ha.) Outside: Now that's just mean.

Sureal
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM

As I have said before:

21 I shall rent of thy cloth, place dust upon thy crown and clothe ye in sackcloth lamenting thou day they winced cometh.
I shalt look uponst baseball nevermore. Selah

1 Book of Red Sox Nation 4:21

Newc
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Haha, come on now...we're not the Yankees.

johnnd05
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Yeah, yeah. I forgot to mention that I hope you sign Clemens as well.

ACamp1900
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM

second..hehe

ah, yes you are... in order to win a title Boston became EXACTLY what they have hated the last 80 years... but enjoy

Sureal
10-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Newc,

Revel in the championship. We will be around for years to come!!!

:bbanana: :pbanana: :clap:

SoCalDomer
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I am glad to see it over. I love baseball, but not MLB right now. There's just something wrong when the Wolrd Series has potential to go into November.

Sureal
10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Or when games last about 5 hours!!! What happens when the kids want to see the game? this stuff falls on a school night!!! 6 minutes of commercials between games? Give me a break. If I see that lady run into that doggone car again, hell I seen the whole Will Smith movie just off of commercials alone, I mean please. Get to the game and cut down all of that dead time. It's idiotic...

Either start the game earlier or somethin'

Newc
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
[/QUOTE] ah, yes you are... in order to win a title Boston became EXACTLY what they have hated the last 80 years... but enjoy[/QUOTE]

Not quite my friend. With homegrown talent of Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Paplebon, ect. We are very different from the Yankees. And please don't bring up that we bought it with signing Beckett, Schilling, Papi and Ramirez, we built it throughout the years with two guys (Ortiz and Lowell) that no other team wanted, we didn't go buy all-stars to bring home the trophy!!!

Don't be bitter, atleast next year you guys will have the Pepsi Clutch Player of the Year!!

Sureal
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
ah, yes you are... in order to win a title Boston became EXACTLY what they have hated the last 80 years... but enjoy[/QUOTE]

Not quite my friend. With homegrown talent of Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lester, Paplebon, ect. We are very different from the Yankees. And please don't bring up that we bought it with signing Beckett, Schilling, Papi and Ramirez, we built it throughout the years with two guys (Ortiz and Lowell) that no other team wanted, we didn't go buy all-stars to bring home the trophy!!!

Don't be bitter, atleast next year you guys will have the Pepsi Clutch Player of the Year!![/QUOTE]

Why argue? We won. There is no need for the Sox to explain nothing. People are just going to have to deal with the fact that the best team in Baseball is in Boston.

johnnd05
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Don't be bitter, atleast next year you guys will have the Pepsi Clutch Player of the Year!!

Oh, come on. What about Posada, Jeter, Cano, Cabrera, Rivera, Pettite, Chamberlain, Hughes, and Kennedy? Face up to it, you guys are the Yankees 2.0.

Go back to the Yankee teams that actually won the WS and you'll find (1) home-grown players like the above and (2) free agent signees who were no less cast-offs than Ortiz and Lowell (e.g. Paul O'Neill). Sorry, but there is just NO relevant difference here.

Sureal
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Good point Johnd05

So what are the Red Sox doing right? What are the Yankees doing that is wrong?

Newc
10-29-2007, 03:26 PM
We care about baseball and love to play the game. Steinbrenner has sucked all the passion out of his players.

Look at Manny laughing and Ortiz putting the bubble gum on Dice-K's hat and the "band" out in the bullpen...these guys love what they do and they love being there.

You've gotta remember, this is a game for little kids, so it helps to have a lot of little kid in you to win and endure the entire season. Get rid of Stein and his crazy sons and the Yanks will win again.

Newc
10-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh, come on. What about Posada, Jeter, Cano, Cabrera, Rivera, Pettite, Chamberlain, Hughes, and Kennedy? Face up to it, you guys are the Yankees 2.0.

Go back to the Yankee teams that actually won the WS and you'll find (1) home-grown players like the above and (2) free agent signees who were no less cast-offs than Ortiz and Lowell (e.g. Paul O'Neill). Sorry, but there is just NO relevant difference here.

John, I agree this team is very much like that of the old yankees, o'neill and brosius and all, but we are far different from the yankees of today. The Yanks of today are just trying to buy up the best players in order to win a championship rather than building a team like the Sox have done. And your owner doesn't help things much either.

SoCalDomer
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
John, I agree this team is very much like that of the old yankees, o'neill and brosius and all, but we are far different from the yankees of today. The Yanks of today are just trying to buy up the best players in order to win a championship rather than building a team like the Sox have done. And your owner doesn't help things much either.

I'm not anti-BoSox or pro-Yankee, but I believe the BoSox were in on the Roger Clemens bidding war. I think they also were trying to get Alex Rodriguez when Texas put him on the block a couple years back. I don't fault them for that anymore than any other teams, but they spend almost as much money as the Yanks do.

mlcspinner
10-29-2007, 04:07 PM
A hell of a year boys!!!

The Best Team in Baseball from Day 1!!

2007 World Series Champions! The Dynasty Continues!!

back to topic boys !!!

johnnd05
10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Good point Johnd05

So what are the Red Sox doing right? What are the Yankees doing that is wrong?

Basically you guys have made better decisions in whom you have (and haven't - though the Yankees have helped here) signed in free agency. Newc is right, it has a ton to do with the attitude in the club house - which is why ARod is a loser and Ortiz is a winner. But I think it's just ridiculous to say that this BoSox team was put together significantly differently even from this year's Yankee team.

mlcspinner
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2007/10/26/1193419686_2745.jpg

Newc
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
All I want is to see that Jig done by Paps and Beckett.

SoCalDomer
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
All I want is to see that Jig done by Paps and Beckett.

No, that was terrible.

IrishinTN
10-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Basically you guys have made better decisions in whom you have (and haven't - though the Yankees have helped here) signed in free agency. Newc is right, it has a ton to do with the attitude in the club house - which is why ARod is a loser and Ortiz is a winner. But I think it's just ridiculous to say that this BoSox team was put together significantly differently even from this year's Yankee team.

Yankees payroll - $195,229,045
Red Sox payroll - $143,123,714

I don't know, John. I see about 52 million differences. :o)

Newc
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Haha exactly..that 52 million is what the yanks paid A-Rod and Clemens for their postseason service...the Sox can't afford to be paying that out to those big game players!

johnnd05
10-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Haha exactly..that 52 million is what the yanks paid A-Rod and Clemens for their postseason service...the Sox can't afford to be paying that out to those big game players!

Exactly ... it made NO DIFFERENCE. :banghead2

stonebreakerwasgod
10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I crown them the great beneficiaries of unfairness in baseball. If they all went to free agency this year, how many would the Red's be able to afford.

Answer: NONE