PDA

View Full Version : '10 CA QB Nick Montana (Washington Commit)

GoshenGipper
10-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Nick Montana - QB (NA/NA)
Oaks Christian (Sherman Oaks, CA)

Schools of Interest:
Notre Dame

Combine
Forty:
Bench Reps:
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical:
GPA:

Star Ratings
Rivals:
Scout:

Statistics
2006 -
2007 -
2008 -
2009 -

Rankings & Accolades
2006 -
2007 -
2008 -
2009 -

Multimedia & Resource Links
ESPN Video - Montana's Sons Follow in His Footsteps (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/montanas-sons-follow-in-his-footsteps/2514491648)

GoshenGipper
10-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Reserved for photos

GoshenGipper
10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Nick is the 2nd of Joe Montana's sons.

Sureal
10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
How is he doing out there? I am figuring that the league that De La Salle is in is sort of tough

GoBuffs99
07-06-2008, 06:09 PM
How is he doing out there? I am figuring that the league that De La Salle is in is sort of tough

I'm hearing he plans on transferring from DeLa Salle.

If Montana's son does transfer, Newbury Park might be in the mix
By Rhiannon Potkey
Thursday, July 3, 2008

Based on genetics alone, Gary Fabricius wouldn't mind if the rumor became a reality.

But the Newbury Park High football coach isn't having a Panthers jersey printed just yet.

Nicholas Montana, the youngest son of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, was spotted on Newbury Park's campus this week.

The 6-foot-2 junior quarterback is supposedly considering a transfer from Concord De La Salle, and was exploring his Ventura County options.

Link (http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/03/if-montanas-son-does-transfer-newbury-park-might/)

RecruitingJunkie24
07-06-2008, 06:13 PM
shockingly enough ive heard that he is really interested in southern cal

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I bet he's really interested in the Irish too.

GoBuffs99
07-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I bet he's really interested in the Irish too.

Him transferring from De La Salle doesn't reflect well on him imho. Sounds like another preferred walk-on if he wanted to go to ND. No disrespect toward the young man, but i don't think he has the talent to play D1 ball. I'm sure someone will offer him much like Jack Elway was with ASU, but he won't see any playing time.

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 12:20 AM

unfortunatly an article that came out on Nate a few months ago noted Nick was a USC fan. so the interest level might be just out of familiarity with ND because of his dad, sister and now his brother.

SoCalDomer
07-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Him transferring from De La Salle doesn't reflect well on him imho. Sounds like another preferred walk-on if he wanted to go to ND. No disrespect toward the young man, but i don't think he has the talent to play D1 ball. I'm sure someone will offer him much like Jack Elway was with ASU, but he won't see any playing time.

actually this is probably more a factor of the type of offense de La Salle runs. they focus more on the run than pure pocket passing.

and as far as playing time, that's pretty ignorant (meaning without knowledge) since alot can happen from now until the time he finishes college.

SoCalDomer
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Football: Montana's son will transfer to Oaks Christian
The competition to be the starting quarterback at Oaks Christian is about to get real interesting.

Nicholas Montana, a 6-foot-2 junior who's the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, intends to transfer to Oaks Christian, according to Steve Clarkson, his private quarterback coach.

Montana was a backup last season at Concord De La Salle. The family traveled to Ventura County recently looking for a house and considered enrolling Nicholas at Newbury Park.

His arrival at Oaks Christian comes at a time when the Lions named St. Bonaventure transfer Tony Macarena as the starter after a six-way competition.

Montana is the fourth transfer at the QB position and it could produce an exodus of those who lose out.

Who will start? "Best guy plays," Coach Bill Redell said.

-- Eric Sondheimer

from LA Times blog: Varsity Times Insider | Football: Southland's top two pass-catchers prepare for decision | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/)

irishmarine
07-09-2008, 01:06 AM
is he still a usc guy>?

ab2cmiller
07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Article on Nick Montana and Wayne Gretzky's son and Will Smith's son all playing football at Oaks Christian

Great expectations - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AhLEm0tyrN1rv6cHdaBVAfI5nYcB?slug=jo-celebqbs071708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Oaks Christian coach's comment from the article:

At 6 feet 2 inches, he’s already taller than his father, and Redell predicts his newest quarterback will develop into a “big-time” Division I college prospect.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Article on Nick Montana and Wayne Gretzky's son and Will Smith's son all playing football at Oaks Christian

What about DJ Jazzy Jeff's kid?

irishmarine
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
he was shot in a drive by back in philly. those couple of guys were up to no good, always starting trouble in the neighborhood....

Echo Insanity
07-18-2008, 04:25 AM
got in one little fight and mom got scared....

Mattmags
07-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Thank god he moved to Bellaire

Sureal
07-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Did he whistle for a cab?

Mattmags
07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
yeah. the license plate said FRESH and it had a dice in the mirror.

Sureal
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Did he think that he was rare?

Mattmags
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
What time did he pull up to the house?

bigfan
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
7 or 8

SoCalDomer
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
you guys crack me up.

sorry for interrupting the flow. carry-on

irishmarine
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
i have created a monster...

Sureal
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Because no one is posting about Montana no more they want Shady he's chopped liver...

LOL

I'm done... The season needs to start.

SoCalDomer
08-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Nick is presently battling for the starter's role at his new school Oaks Christian. While Nick was the starter for JV at DeLaSalle, he transfered to Oaks Christian because the offense is more pass oriented than DLS's

Also believed to have received a verbal offer from Stanford recently.

dave93518
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Nick has transfered to Oaks Christian in Thousand Oaks.

He started his first varsity game last Friday (09/05/08) against Bakersfield Christian.

Oaks won 35-7.

If I remember right, Nick was 7/10 for 143 yards passing. Ran a nice 30-40 run that turned the game around.

Nick played opposite of KEVEN CARR (little bro of David CARR).

While Oaks lead the game at all times, the 1st half ended with Bakersfield quickly gaining the momentum and closed the score 14-7. The begining of the second half saw Bakersfield shut Oaks down and the climax of the game was when Bakersfield play stumbled 1 yard short of 6 points (middle of 3rd quarter). I say that this was the climax as the Oaks parents were showing real fear that the momentum of the game had changed. As a nuetral viewer who came to see relatives of famous people play (Will Smith and Wayne Gretzky's kids play on the JV team at Oaks...), I will say that they were scared and Oaks had a serious problem brewing.

Of course, Nick handed the ball right a few times, then faked right and ran left, and more left as he ran for about 40 yards...and that led to 6 more points. Momentum squashed, and Bakersfield colapsed like a house of cards.

Seriously, the game was a lot better than the score lets on...

This meeting may occur again in the CIF Post-season:
1) Oaks should cruise to a league championship and on to CIF playoffs

2) Bakersfield Christian has a more difficult league to play in (they have Tehachapi and Taft to play against...) but if Kevin Carr and his recievers get a little better...the running game will do a lot better. Oaks was able to contain the runing game, so Bakersfield threw a lot. Carr was 26/46 for something like 285 yards.

I would love to see this rematch...

And Joe was there in the stands, cheering his son and the rest of the kids playing...and that was pretty cool to see ol joe in B-town!

Oaks dominated the

sbaysportsslight
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr. Montana is indeed an Oaks Christian Lion, can someone change his HS in the first post please?

Thanks!

NDame77
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't think Nick would come to ND if was offered the same situation as his brother. I keep hearing how he likes USC...but it is still good to see a Montana doing well in football

SoCalDomer
10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Running back Malcolm Jones gained 178 yards in 18 carries for No. 9 Westlake Village Oaks Christian (4-0) during a 45-0 victory over host West Hills Chaminade (1-2). Quarterback Nick Montana completed 11 of 19 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns with one interception for the Lions. . . .

LA Times 9/27/08

Nick is being counted among the top Jr QBs in So Cal.

JughedJones
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Just the thought of a Montana playing QB at SC makes me ill.

BDIrish4ever
10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't think Nick would come to ND if was offered the same situation as his brother. I keep hearing how he likes USC...but it is still good to see a Montana doing well in football

I agree with you that Nick won't come here with the same offer his brother was given; however, these are two entirely two different situations.
From what I remember, Nate Montana did not play much in high school due to the style of offense at his school. Nick is a legitimate starter at a passing school. He is going to get plenty of offers barring no unfortunate injuries.

SoCalDomer
10-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Montana Making Name for Himself
By Brandon Huffman
West Recruiting Manager
Posted Oct 17, 2008

The name has a familiar ring, epecially for a quarterback. But Nick Montana, the 6-2, 180-pound junior from Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian, is making a name for himself as a legitimate college prospect, with one offer from a Pac-10 school and plenty of interest from programs around the country...

Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian quarterback Nick Montana (6-2, 185) has fit in just fine with the Lions offense. The junior quarterback has helped the Lions to a 5-0 record in 2008, despite rarely playing in the second half of what ends up being routs.

“It’s always great winning, but when you pull out at halftime, or before halftime, it gets a little frustrating, because you practice all week and want to keep playing. But we’re winning so that’s what matters,” said Montana.

And Montana knows a thing or two about winning, with Nick’s father, Joe, having won four Super Bowl titles with the San Francisco 49ers.

Now the younger Montana is finally getting to lead an offense of his own, and the Lions are prohibitive favorites to win yet another CIF-SS title.

The rapid development of Montana has also gotten his name added to the list of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2010. Stanford has already offered Montana, with several more schools in contact with him.

“UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, a lot of Pac-10 schools, have been talking with me,” Montana said. “A bunch of people are thinking I’m stuck on Notre Dame, too, because my dad went there and my brother is going there right now, and I’m pretty interested in them. But there are a lot of SEC schools I’m interested in, like Alabama and Tennessee and Big 12 schools like Oklahoma and Texas.”

In other words, Montana has a wide range of schools he’s interested in, and is in no real rush to make a decision.

more (free): Scout.com: Montana Making Name for Himself (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/801966.html)

irishmarine
10-18-2008, 12:48 PM
hey at least he said he is pretty interested in us. from what i thought i had heard he wasnt really into nd at all and really loved usc so im glad to see that we can get our name in there too

realitycheck
10-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Pretty unlikely SC offers Montana, their #1 QB target will likely be Pete Thomas from the San Diego area

irishmarine
10-19-2008, 01:34 AM
great then let him come here and redshirt then turn the college football world on its head

chyrspchuck
12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
god i hope we get him.....

chyrspchuck
12-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Went to the Oaks Christian vs. Morro Bay game tonight. An away game for Oaks Christian, semifinal State Championship game. Oaks Christian dominated rushing it down Morro Bay throats all night. The team rushed for most of the game and once they were up then never looked back. Morro Bay only passed twice and tried to rush even though they were down so it was over before it began.

Nick looked really good, I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure he was 75percent completions on 20 or so attempts......1 interception, maybe 100 yards. They took him out with about 3 minutes to go in the game and let Macarena get some scrub time. I did notice he had a lot of maturity, seemed like a real leader on the field. His passes were all very good looking. Great velocity, great arm strength. Besides the 1 interception he forced he made some great passes on the run. It was awesome.

Oaks also has 2 stud tackles I was impressed with that are Class of 2010 as well. Erik Kohler and Cassius Marsh(kicked out of game for unsportsmanlike in the 3rd quarter) both 6'6 275, just beasts. Pushed guys around all night....

Joe was there(1st half up in the video booth on top of press box, 2nd half down on the field pretty much coaching Nick).

NDinL.A.
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
The Montana kid is up to 5 offers: South Carolina, Maryland, Arizona, Stanford, and LSU, according to scout.

There are mixed reviews about the kid out here, and I have mixed reviews as well. He puts up good numbers, but he's from the same school as Jimmy, where they don't play a super hard schedule (esp when JC was there), and he has behemoth linemen in front of him, and so he doesn't get touched. JC got sacked what, 4 times in 4 years??? It's like playing passing league for these guys. And I love Jimmy, don't get me wrong. But he faced a whole new world when he got behind a line that actually made him get rod of the ball before 20 friggin' seconds (or in last year's case, 2 seconds). So it's tough to tell with him. this summer and fall will tell a lot, in those rare games where he plays some tough comp...

goldandblue
01-29-2009, 02:18 PM
The Montana kid is up to 5 offers: South Carolina, Maryland, Arizona, Stanford, and LSU, according to scout.

There are mixed reviews about the kid out here, and I have mixed reviews as well. He puts up good numbers, but he's from the same school as Jimmy, where they don't play a super hard schedule (esp when JC was there), and he has behemoth linemen in front of him, and so he doesn't get touched. JC got sacked what, 4 times in 4 years??? It's like playing passing league for these guys. And I love Jimmy, don't get me wrong. But he faced a whole new world when he got behind a line that actually made him get rod of the ball before 20 friggin' seconds (or in last year's case, 2 seconds). So it's tough to tell with him. this summer and fall will tell a lot, in those rare games where he plays some tough comp...

He sure paid his dues last year though huh!!

WabashFalcon
01-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Imagined conversation around the Montana dinner table:

Joe: "So... Nick... where do you want to play football next year?"

Nick: Fumbles with peas, pushing it around his plate

Joe: "I said... where are you going to go to school next year?"

Nick: "Uhh... U....sc"

Joe: "What was that?"

Nick: "USC"

Joe: "You BETTER FUCKING mean South Carolina you little bitch."

Nick: "No... umm... California"

Joe: "REALLY?"

Nick: "Yes."

Joe: "I... HAVE NO SON!!!"

Nate walks in, wearing ND jersey, smiling brightly

Nate: "Hi Daddy!"

Joe: "Hello spawn of my loins who has very little quarterback ability but chose the correct institution to attain academic enrichment for the rest of his life. I love you."

Nate and Joe embrase, Nick slits his wrists with his own butter knife, applies Emo makeup. Attends USC

irishmarine
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
oh my god that was fucking hilarious

WabashFalcon
01-30-2009, 08:23 PM
oh my god that was fucking hilarious

Why, a thank ya sir!

NeuteredDoomer
01-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Grows his hair. Rasta style. NDOM is his hairdresser.

NDOM
01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Grows his hair. Rasta style. NDOM is his hairdresser.

Thats funny. But on a serious note, we have GOT to stop giving scholarships to these no names with 1 or 2 stars. Just cuz his name is Montana doesnt mean he should get a scholly. We need to give those out to the players that will stand a chance to play for christ sake.

NeuteredDoomer
01-31-2009, 11:10 AM
... But on a serious note....
Yeah O.K.

Come up with a good offense, and ND wins.

Quit recruiting USC dancegirls. I have a job offer for you at ND.

Pays 25, and daily flesh.

NDOM
01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah O.K.

Come up with a good offense, and ND wins.

Quit recruiting USC dancegirls. I have a job offer for you at ND.

Pays 25, and daily flesh.

Yur friggen hilarious doomer! lol

ant80
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Just offered by Ohio State. Take it fwiw.

Mattmags
02-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Nick is taking an official visit to Ohio State this weekend...

"I talked to coach (Jim) Tressel last week. That was exciting. He is definitely an impressive coach. His record speaks for itself."

"Coach Tressel said I am their guy," Montana said. "He said until I make a decision they are only recruiting me."

"I am very, very interested in Ohio State," he said. "I can assure you Ohio State is right at the top and will continue to be. They will always be up there."

wicket
02-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I dont want them, let him go somewhere cool like hawaii, let him be colt 2.0, that would be nice.

chyrspchuck
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Does anyone think that Joe would allow his son to go to any other school but ND? I mean really, Ohio State might be up there, question is, are we going to offer him a Scholarship. I assume since we didn't pick up a QB this year we for sure will.

IrishAddiction
02-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Its really not Joes decision, he might not like it, but who knows. If he really wants his son to go and be great, let him go somewhere where he can shine very quickly. Nick would get a shot at ND no doubt, but the competition is going to be much greater than other schools with how charlie has been recruiting at the QB position. Hell, we had two top 100 HS qbs transfer out in 07. He can be great where ever he decides to go, but it really depends on how fast he wants the spotlight.

irishmarine
02-14-2009, 01:08 AM
itll be a family decision that joe will lean him to nd but its ultimatly ghis choice

WabashFalcon
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Imagined conversation around the Montana dinner table:

Joe: "So... Nick... where do you want to play football next year?"

Nick: Fumbles with peas, pushing it around his plate

Joe: "I said... where are you going to go to school next year?"

Nick: "Uhh... U....sc"

Joe: "What was that?"

Nick: "USC"

Joe: "You BETTER FUCKING mean South Carolina you little bitch."

Nick: "No... umm... California"

Joe: "REALLY?"

Nick: "Yes."

Joe: "I... HAVE NO SON!!!"

Nate walks in, wearing ND jersey, smiling brightly

Nate: "Hi Daddy!"

Joe: "Hello spawn of my loins who has very little quarterback ability but chose the correct institution to attain academic enrichment for the rest of his life. I love you."

Nate and Joe embrase, Nick slits his wrists with his own butter knife, applies Emo makeup. Attends USC

God... I must have been either exaused or high when I wrote this. Shit. I laughed out loud!

NDFan537
02-15-2009, 12:37 AM
God... I must have been either exaused or high when I wrote this. Shit. I laughed out loud!

Hey you may have been high but that is close to what the truth would be if he chose USC.
LOL. No way he goes to USC and as far as OSU or any other place think about this one thing.

He is Joe Montana's son, that is all he will ever be unless he follows in his fathers footsteps and somehow surpasses them..................

ant80
02-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Apparently his interest in OSU stems partly from not wanting to compete with his brother at ND.

LOVEMYIRISH
02-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Apparently his interest in OSU stems partly from not wanting to compete with his brother at ND.

That's interesting... I think he's pretty smart for not going to ND. He will have to live up to the MYTH that is his dad...not the real man. The MYTH is far greater than the player.

irishmarine
02-17-2009, 02:39 AM
i dont see him going to nd but i wopuild like to see him there and develope for a couple years

wicket
02-20-2009, 08:42 PM
got an offer according to both scout and rivals

Dacian_Irish
02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I had to double check. Rivals and Scout show him as being offered. Wow. I think it is a great move!

chyrspchuck
02-20-2009, 11:43 PM
it was only a matter of time.

Clausen2Kamara
02-21-2009, 12:28 AM
This spices things up a bit...

WabashFalcon
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
QB screen in the near future... Montana to Montana... all we need is a North Dakota and a Texas and we are well on our way to creating a pipeline to the team with state-based named people.

irishmarine
02-22-2009, 01:48 AM
i dont see him sitting behind hias brother. he (i feel) is gonna make his own name somewhere else.

NDinL.A.
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Just picked up an offer from Alabama. The recruiting has really picked up for this kid, and he wants to make a committment sooner rather than later. Here's the link:

Alabama enters the chase for Joe Montana's quarterbacking son - The Bama Beat - al.com (http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2009/02/alabama_enters_the_chase_for_j.html)

There's also a scout.com premium article basically saying the same thing:

Scout.com: Montana Staying Busy (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=841417&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2frecruiting.scout.com%2f2 %2f841417.html)

Clausen2Kamara
02-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, this kid is gone soon. I think its us or OSU. I think he's leaning to OSU especially due to the fact local schools aren't offering. Not to mention he is OSU's #1 target and he is the only QB they offered. I couldn't say the same about us.

irishmarine
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
who knows. im am lost on this one

chyrspchuck
02-24-2009, 12:41 AM
I say let Nick and Heaps fight it out on the practice field. We need to build that kind of depth. I don't see it happening but it would be sweet.

irishmarine
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
so would winning the lotto, which are about the same chances of this happening. but hey it could happen and i would be happy

Ricochet
02-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Nick is the real deal but playing in the shadow of his legendary father would be extremely tough and it's something Peyton Manning didn't even take on and while Archie was very good he wasn't the legend that Joe was.

The pressure of that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly and I would understand as well as respect that decision as long as he doesn't end up at USC, UM or Florida.

But I hope he's willing to take on the challenge because I think he's a heck of a talent and the fact that he is a legacy and it would hurt to see Joe's kid become a stud elsewhere.

Clausen2Kamara
02-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I think he'd truly get a fair shake here to say the least. He will need to sit for 2 years but he wouldn't be the only talented signal caller to do so. Crist came in knowing he would most likely sit for 2 years...He relished the oppurtunity to come in and compete and put on the blue and gold.

LOVEMYIRISH
02-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah, this kid is gone soon. I think its us or OSU. I think he's leaning to OSU especially due to the fact local schools aren't offering. Not to mention he is OSU's #1 target and he is the only QB they offered. I couldn't say the same about us.

I think he's a near lock to OSU. We have an offer out to him...but honestly, I am not sure I would want to build a team around him. It's honestly not too clear exactly how good he is. He seems pretty good...but it's tough to tell.

I can't imagine being him at ND though. That would be a long shadow to get out from under.

Dacian_Irish
02-26-2009, 02:28 AM
I think he's a near lock to OSU. We have an offer out to him...but honestly, I am not sure I would want to build a team around him. It's honestly not too clear exactly how good he is. He seems pretty good...but it's tough to tell.

I can't imagine being him at ND though. That would be a long shadow to get out from under.

I would definitely want to build a team around this kid. He has offers from some big schools. From what i have read he supposed to be really good just a little light but he is still young.

I would love to seem him come to ND. At the same time I think we should go after two QB's this year. I would hate to see him go to another school and possibly kick our but in the future.

wicket
02-26-2009, 04:54 AM
i still think that the communication between papa joe and nd is good enough for nd only to offer when it is useful

JeremyND07
02-26-2009, 07:42 AM
If he does not go to Notre Dame I would not mind seeing him at Standford! A Montana at USC makes me sick though!

KAPLAN
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Nick is the real deal but playing in the shadow of his legendary father would be extremely tough and it's something Peyton Manning didn't even take on and while Archie was very good he wasn't the legend that Joe was.

The pressure of that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly and I would understand as well as respect that decision as long as he doesn't end up at USC, UM or Florida.

But I hope he's willing to take on the challenge because I think he's a heck of a talent and the fact that he is a legacy and it would hurt to see Joe's kid become a stud elsewhere.

Peyton went to UT b/c Ole Miss was about to start 2 years of probation and he would have gotten zero exposure.

MirageSmack
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Joe is the one who screwed this up. What was he thinking?!? Having two sons that close together?!?

IrishInFl
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Kinda like how Tiki and Ronde Barber's parents screwed up when they both went to UVA? Nick hasn't signed with anyone yet, and how is it Joe's decision in the end? Nate went to ND because he wanted to. Similarly, Jake and Mike Golic Jr. came to ND because they wanted to, not because his father and uncle went to ND. Plus, I'm confused as to why Joe "screwed this up". Nick will be attending the Blue-Gold game, so we have a decent chance at getting Nick. Family ties run deep in ND family's, which is why we have a decent shot at other prospects like Barr and Prater.

Folsteam_Ahead
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
swing and a miss

NDinL.A.
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
This article from ESPN talks about Nick's recruitment:

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

He's still "wide-open". Looking at all options, but would like to commit as soon as possible. One quote I found interesting is that he said he won't hesitate to commit if he finds the right fit. He's already visited Texas and Ohio St., and to me it means that those weren't the perfect fits. A lot of people had OSU as his favorite, which makes his quote that much more interesting...

ACamp1900
03-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Peyton went to UT b/c Ole Miss was about to start 2 years of probation and he would have gotten zero exposure.

I thought not being in with his brother (older) who had just gotten sick was also a huge factor

MirageSmack
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay guys that was kind of a joke about having sons too close together. I guess I forgot my smiley etiquette, but didn't think it was needed there.

chyrspchuck
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
This article from ESPN talks about Nick's recruitment:

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

He's still "wide-open". Looking at all options, but would like to commit as soon as possible. One quote I found interesting is that he said he won't hesitate to commit if he finds the right fit. He's already visited Texas and Ohio St., and to me it means that those weren't the perfect fits. A lot of people had OSU as his favorite, which makes his quote that much more interesting...

Why is ND not listed in this article? ESPN is the dumbest shit ever.

Rslatz01
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I heard that N. Montana was headed to OSU.

WabashFalcon
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I heard that N. Montana was headed to OSU.

I heard that I was hung like a horse. Doesn't mean it is true.

Legacy
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I heard Te'o was going to USC.

Irishlew
03-06-2009, 06:36 AM
I heard Te'o was going to USC.

WHAT???

My sources say he's all UCLA.

NDinL.A.
03-29-2009, 05:14 AM
A new interview with Montana w/ the Atlanta Constitutional Journal. Talks about his visits to Bama and Georgia.

QB Nick Montana talks about UGA, Alabama, Southern Cal and Tennessee | Inside College Recruiting: Michael Carvell (http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-football-recruiting/2009/03/27/qb-nick-montana-son-of-nfl-hall-of-famer-says-hes-very-interested-in-uga/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_football_recruiting)

Funny, but this kid is Joe Montana's freaking son, but the author asks about USC and Tennesee, BOTH OF WHOM HAVEN'T EVEN OFFERED HIM YET! And yet, no mention of ND??? Did the Atlanta Constitutional Journal merge w/ ESPN and not tell anybody?

OCIrish
03-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Or....maybe it's the fact that he's Joe's son, so it's assumed that ND is and always will be a factor in his recruiting. Most people aren't interested in hearing him talk ND b/c Joe is a legend here, most people want to hear what his thoughts are on other schools. I'm more interested in what he says about other schools, since he's been exposed to ND plenty.

ant80
03-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Montana to tOSU seems unlikely now. OSU doesn't offer more than one QB at a time, and we just offered Godfrey from Florida. Good luck with him.

ant80
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Correction. Godfrey has NOT been offered by tOSU as of this moment. Apparently there was some confusion with regards to his offer with his HS coach. It's still on... :D

My appologies.

NDinL.A.
04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Young Montana was at yesterday's USC spring game, as was Papa Joe. Here is a direct quote from Nick:

“It’s pretty sweet to watch them [USC] especially with all the new guys playing. Watching the quarterback battle unfold is [exciting]. I think that Matt Barkley is doing well especially because is basically his senior year [in high school].”

EDIT: With how great Barkley looked, and knowing that he's pretty much going to be the starter for 4 straight years, I wonder if that plays into Nick's recruitment at all. Could turn him off, or could make him want to compete with him. Not sure, but I'd lean towards the former...

NDinL.A.
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Polian and Powlus are in town to visit Nick this week...

jason_h537
05-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Montana plans on cutting his list down to five this month. I think its a safe bet to assume the Irish at least make his top 5

jason_h537
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Cut his list down to seven, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Stanford, Washington, and Notre Dame

Rizzophil
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I personally don't see him going to UW...

jason_h537
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Me neither but i didn't see Hurst goin to UNC either

IHateMarkMay
05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
no USC?

JeremyND07
05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I think he is going to Standford!

Bubba
05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Just speculation of course; but, if he were going to be Irish, wouldn't you think he would have alread committed? So, personally, I don't think he will be. I think he's looking to be his own man, as opposed to Joe's son. My money is on one of the SEC schools. Maybe he figures it will be easier to get a NC with one of them?

jason_h537
05-06-2009, 01:12 AM
By that logic our class would look like Texas. Some kids like the attention of being recruited, some kids really have no idea what school they want to go to, or maybe in Monatan's case he is so familiar with the school that he wants to see what everyone else has to offer.

BGIF
05-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Biggins, ESPN, reports Montana is trying to schedule a visit a UW, a school he has not yet seen. He's also preparing for a Elite 11 camp at Cal next weekend. According to Biggins 3 schools stand out on Montana's shortlist of 7 but Nick "wasn't ready to go public with that just yet."

chyrspchuck
05-06-2009, 10:18 PM
The No USC thing is really suprising....is this from a reliable source?

jason_h537
05-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I dont think USC is really lookin for a quarterback this year. Unless there is someone they are absolutely in love with i dont see them signing a QB.

NDinL.A.
05-07-2009, 12:08 AM
The No USC thing is really suprising....is this from a reliable source?

From Montana himself.

If you are joking (because of your signature), then disregard this post!

WabashFalcon
05-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Man... He'd get two, maybe three years after Crist? I would kill for two years if I was a starting QB. Good thing I was a fat kid that could move for three!

jason_h537
05-07-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah but can you imagine the type of pressurethat would be put on him just for having that last name. He would get it regardless of what school he picks. 10 times at Notre Dame. I want him in the Gold and Blue, but wouldnt blame him for going elsewhere. As long as he doesnt play Notre Dame.

IrishInFl
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
After the spring game, I don't see why Nick hasn't committed yet. If I remember correctly his brother Nate was cheered when he came on the field, simply for being Joe's kid. That would be a pretty cool moment to me.

IHateMarkMay
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
After the spring game, I don't see why Nick hasn't committed yet. If I remember correctly his brother Nate was cheered when he came on the field, simply for being Joe's kid. That would be a pretty cool moment to me.

Maybe your answer is in your statement...

chyrspchuck
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
From Montana himself.

If you are joking (because of your signature), then disregard this post!

hilarious nd in la, i forgot all about my signature, changed it because all the dbags on here that say, oh manti sc for sure, i know, or oh charlie is gone i'm sure of it....I'm surprised he didn't pick SC as one of his top 7 that's all and wondered if that was a legitimate answer or someones guess.

ACamp1900
05-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I heard from an insider that Nick wants to totally create his own image and escape his famous last name... now he is leaning towards the University of Montana

WabashFalcon
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I heard from an insider that Nick wants to totally create his own image and escape his famous last name... now he is leaning towards the University of Montana

Ba Zing!

jason_h537
06-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Plans to make his final visit to Washington this weekend before settling down to make a decision.

NDinL.A.
06-04-2009, 12:00 AM
With Heaps going to BYU and Stanford's QB rumored to be going on a 2 year mission, this is going to be a dogfight...

BGIF
06-04-2009, 03:33 AM
With Heaps going to BYU and Stanford's QB rumored to be going on a 2 year mission, this is going to be a dogfight...

Do we have a dog in this fight?

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
ESPN reports that his trainer, Steve Clarkson says he would not be surprised if Nick committed on the spot to Sarkisian. If we lose out on Nick, we put all our eggs in the basket with Hendrix. I wish we could somehow gain ground with Scroggins, and I really hope the staff is open to taking two QBs to make up for losing out on one of the elite ones. I'd love to take Luke Massa or Bryan Bennett.

BGIF
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
...If we lose out on Nick, we put all our eggs in the basket with Hendrix. I wish we could somehow gain ground with Scroggins, and I really hope the staff is open to taking two QBs to make up for losing out on one of the elite ones. I'd love to take Luke Massa or Bryan Bennett.

If we lost Nick there will be another offer. Massa was reported 2 weeks ago or so to camp at ND to earn an offer. He had a couple of injuries last season. Thomas was in the wings, Bennett and ... Several eggs, several baskets.

goldandblue
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
ESPN reports that his trainer, Steve Clarkson says he would not be surprised if Nick committed on the spot to Sarkisian.

We'll it will be fun kicking the shit out of Washington for the next couple of years then huh???

NDinL.A.
06-04-2009, 08:09 PM
ESPN reports that his trainer, Steve Clarkson says he would not be surprised if Nick committed on the spot to Sarkisian. If we lose out on Nick, we put all our eggs in the basket with Hendrix. I wish we could somehow gain ground with Scroggins, and I really hope the staff is open to taking two QBs to make up for losing out on one of the elite ones. I'd love to take Luke Massa or Bryan Bennett.

Nick quickly shot that down though, saying there was no way he'd commit that quickly because it would just be an emotional decision and that's not a good way to do it. He said that when he gets home he's going to sit with his family and discuss all of the possible schools...

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 12:15 AM
He has said that throughout his entire recruitment.

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Nick quickly shot that down though, saying there was no way he'd commit that quickly because it would just be an emotional decision and that's not a good way to do it. He said that when he gets home he's going to sit with his family and discuss all of the possible schools...

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

WabashFalcon
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Montana.... laser, rocket arm...

I got nothing...

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 11:05 PM
He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

its the Notre Dame genes, lets hope he keeps doing the right thing

jason_h537
06-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Might as well post it here as well. Monatna is a Husker.

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Might as well post it here as well. Montana is a Husker.

allegedly.

BGIF
06-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Montana makes commitment (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=871133)
Nick Montana, a 6-foot-1, 185-pound quarterback from Oaks Christian School in Westlake Village, Calif. - and son of legendary NFL QB Joe Montana - has apparently verbally committed to Washington over scholarship offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State and others, the Los Angeles Times is reporting Monday night. Montana is ranked as the No. 13 QB in the country by Scout.com.

ihatepaste
06-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Wow, how do you know so much?

NDinL.A.
06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow, how do you know so much?

I don't. I'm just a teacher on vacation with an unhealthy addiction to ND and college football, so I read a ton...

chyrspchuck
06-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Might as well post it here as well. Monatna is a Husker.

He's going to Nebraska? He's gonna be a Husker? I didn't even know they were in it. I thought it was the Huskies. Wow.

ihatepaste
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't. I'm just a teacher on vacation with an unhealthy addiction to ND and college football, so I read a ton...

Then why do you talk like you know so much?

Swash
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Huskies | Quarterback Nick Montana commits to UW | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2009320682_uwfb10.html)

He is UW

OCIrish
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Congrats and good luck to Nick with his endeavor.

Irishlew
06-10-2009, 11:57 PM

how, by giving you info that your cheap ass can't afford? Why blast a very reputable poster when you yourself offer absolutely nothing here or to life in general?

eat a bullet or stay off the Internet...either or.

NDinL.A.
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM

Ihateyou, I mean, ihatepaste, what have I said that wasn't true? Did I talk out of my ass? Did I brag about it. I was trying to be cool when I responded to your first asshole post, but I missed the 'assholeness' (or sarcasm) of your post. Why be a prick?

I got my info from direct quotes from Montana. I didn't post a link because it was from a premium site that I pay for. That's how I know so much. And he didn't commit on the spot. He went home and talked it over with his family, like I said he would.

It's assholes like you that make people that have info NOT want to share it. You make them want to leave this site and go to other, more fan-friendly sites. Why? Because you're a prick with nothing better to do than talk shit. What have you EVER contributed to the site? Nothing, because you know shit. If I were a mod I'd ban your ass because you are an embarrassment to ND fans.

And to the rest of the real fans, sorry, I had no sleep because of a loud neighbor, and I just coached a team for a friend as a favor and got whooped by 40 friggin' points (after he said it would be a breeze) with their fans behind our bench talking crap the entire time. I'm not a moody person, but this was not a good few hours, and then I have to come home and listen to this paste of crap talk shit when all I was trying to do was talk ND football with real fans? Screw her...

EDIT: Just looked at some of your old posts. You're a moron. Why did I even bother ripping you? You're not even an ND fan. I would love to match wits with you. But I know you wouldn't even dare. Go put your skirt back on and go to an Alabama board or something...

NeuteredDoomer
06-11-2009, 12:23 AM
lol :bbanana:

jason_h537
06-11-2009, 02:57 AM
awkward

NDinL.A.
06-11-2009, 07:53 AM
There's nothing awkward about it. He's a prick who offers nothing to this site but is here just to piss people off. And he caught me at a bad time. He's one of those dorks who never played sports before so now he sits behind a keyboard and thinks he's being cute by giving short responses with the only purpose being to inflame.

But I got a few hours of sleep, so now I'm good. F*** him. Won't waste time on waste like him...

ihatepaste
06-11-2009, 09:15 AM
EDIT: Just looked at some of your old posts. You're a moron. Why did I even bother ripping you? You're not even an ND fan. I would love to match wits with you. But I know you wouldn't even dare. Go put your skirt back on and go to an Alabama board or something...

Didn't read all of them. Read the play by play of the Syracuse game. I think we had a different day there as well, you grumpy Gus.

BGIF
06-11-2009, 12:42 PM
awkward

It was simply a suffix problem.

BGIF
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
There's nothing awkward about it. ...

I believe jason was quietly responding to Chyrspchuck's post not to the hairpuller's.

chyrspchuck
06-11-2009, 08:16 PM
my guess is jason wasn't saying awkward about my ribbing of his suffix snafu and more so saying awkward about how ihatepaste was being a dumb ass and trying to knock on NDinLA for giving us informative posts. just a guess.......awkward.

jason_h537
06-11-2009, 10:48 PM
i think jason was aying awkward about the suffix snafu and the hairpulling and the ihatepaste... or was he?

NeuteredDoomer
06-12-2009, 12:02 AM
or did Jason think he was posting in the word game thread?

Hmmm.

chyrspchuck
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
i think jason was aying awkward about the suffix snafu and the hairpulling and the ihatepaste... or was he?

i'm not sure what jason was aying.........

jason_h537
06-12-2009, 01:28 AM
:confused:

Ummmm. Ummmm(trying to think of something clever to say)...

Go Irish?

NeuteredDoomer
06-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Do you like bacon?

BGIF
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM

And just what qualifies you to comment on what jason was thinking?

jason_h537
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I just wanted to fit in

NeuteredDoomer
06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Jason doesn't know that he was copyrighted.

BGIF
06-12-2009, 08:49 PM

Ahem, "jason" with a small "j" was copyrighted. Jason is a chinese knockoff.

You don't seem to have gotten the Ins and Outs down correctly.

NeuteredDoomer
06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I've got high quality Cnovrese shoes for sale.

Wut?

chyrspchuck
06-13-2009, 02:47 AM

are you in cali neutered doomer

jason_h537
06-13-2009, 04:05 AM
all i rock are chucks. in all colors. my favorites are black and houndstooth limited editions. Fresh

NeuteredDoomer
06-13-2009, 05:04 AM
are you in cali neutered doomer

How did you guess? Was it in one of my posts where I said I live in SoCal?

Irishlew
06-13-2009, 07:57 AM
neutered doomer you'll be happy to hear i saved a baby deer at work last night. Couldn't have been more then a week old.

BGIF
06-13-2009, 08:43 AM
neutered doomer you'll be happy to hear i saved a baby deer at work last night. Couldn't have been more then a week old.

Fawn scallopini!

WabashFalcon
06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Deer jerkey.

GoldenIsThyFame
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
RT @texashsfootball: Breaking: QB Nick Montana will most likely transfer to Blinn JC next season, per a source close to THSF

anarin
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't know why I find this funny, but I do.

Whiskeyjack
01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Wonder if Joe is pissed off at Sark now too.

Sherm Sticky
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
He never would have ever seen the field with Price at QB fro two more years and probably Miles backing him up lol.

IrishNJ89
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Bad Luck for those Montana's

Lepresean
01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
He redshirted a year, correct? So that would give him a year at the junior college, right?

Chamellion
01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
So he's on the fast-track to back up our starting QB right?

BGIF
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
He redshirted a year, correct? So that would give him a year at the junior college, right?

He sat out '10. Played in 6 games in '11. He's got '12, '13, and '14 left to play in his 5 year window.

Whiskeyjack
01-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Bad Luck for those Montana's

Nate and Nick both got a fair shot at ND and UW, respectively. Joe has nothing to gripe about.

Grahambo
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Need us watch the first half of last year's Michigan game again to show Nate did not belong?!

Irish2155
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, and Tommy showed us the same thing in that Michigan game...

ND NYC
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
these montana boys just cant seem to break through anywhere. gotta be killing ole joe

Buster Bluth
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Nick Montana has new outlook on football (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1441853)

Turns out, Nick Montana is a completely different beast. He's the one fine-tuning his mechanics during his downtime and throwing in the backyard with his father on the rare occasions that he makes it home. Nick Montana is the guy who has worked diligently to improve his arm strength. He's the guy looking to move back to the FBS ranks next semester.

Nick Montana is the guy who recently completed 25 of 31 passes for 319 yards and three scores in Mount San Antonio's playoff win.

It wasn't until after that game, his team's biggest of the season, that he agreed to discuss his football future -- a future dependent on growing recruiting interest.

"I have an offer from Akron and Western Kentucky," he said. "I'm really talking a lot to Michigan, Arkansas State and Louisiana Tech. That's just off the top of my head. There are a few more schools."

Michigan badly needs depth at QB. This could be interesting.

Grahambo
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Nick Montana has new outlook on football (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1441853)

Michigan badly needs depth at QB. This could be interesting.

Good for him. I hope him well.

NDPhilly
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Devin Gardner will be the QB at Michigan in 2013 and 2014 and then Shane Morris will take over as a RS soph

greyhammer90
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Good for him. I hope him well.

Not if he goes to Michigan. Seriously? Michigan as a Montana? Douchebags.

Buster Bluth
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Devin Gardner will be the QB at Michigan in 2013 and 2014 and then Shane Morris will take over as a RS soph

According to crystal balls, Dayne Crist should be the Notre Dame QB right now.

Rambler09
11-27-2012, 09:42 PM
While I think it's likely that DG will be starting for Michigan next fall, I've heard people around Ann Arbor discuss Shane Morris as the second coming. Before DG showed flashes this year, I think everyone assumed that Morris would take over for Denard. I agree that it doesn't necessarily look that way anymore.

Irish YJ
11-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Would love to see him at Kansas, IU, PU, or Ball St..

dublinirish
11-28-2012, 04:28 AM
While I think it's likely that DG will be starting for Michigan next fall, I've heard people around Ann Arbor discuss Shane Morris as the second coming. Before DG showed flashes this year, I think everyone assumed that Morris would take over for Denard. I agree that it doesn't necessarily look that way anymore.

Morris has had a horrific senior season of HS football though and he wasnt all that impressive during the summer competitions either, i doubt many UM fans would want him starting next year.

Bogtrotter07
11-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Interesting on both accounts Montana and Morris. I think a goog MAC stint would be great for Nick. Some okay quarterbacks have come out of the MAC. There is enough competition to sharpen skills. It is a good way to let him start off at his level and take into account the path for development to his lofty goals.

Morris, the only thing I can think of is Trading Places, you know the Boy Wonder one minute, derailed and homeless the next. Shane Morris, shades of Dan Aykroyd!

Grahambo
11-28-2012, 08:25 AM
He should seriously consider a place like Kent State that has excellent coaching and won't overlook him.

rtrn2glory
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
He should seriously consider a place like Kent State that has excellent coaching and won't overlook him.

kent state's coach will be gone in a few weeks imo

scUM Hater
11-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Morris has had a horrific senior season of HS football though and he wasnt all that impressive during the summer competitions either, i doubt many UM fans would want him starting next year.

Morris got sick, I believe mono, he only played a couple games this year

GoldenIsThyFame
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Where in the world is Nick Montana?

Apparently transferring again, this time to Tulane.

ndfi78
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
how many is that, 4 transfers for him?

TheChosen1
01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Where in the world is Nick Montana?

Apparently transferring again, this time to Tulane.

Son of Joe Montana to play for Tulane - FOX 8 WVUE New Orleans News, Weather, Sports (http://www.fox8live.com/story/20505066/tulane-signs-son-of-joe-montana-to-quarter)

Trending on Yahoo!

ab2cmiller
08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Started for Tulane last night against Jackson St.

6 of 14 for 144 yards and 2TD

GoldenIsThyFame
09-13-2013, 06:04 PM
@AP_Top25: Nick Montana, son of Joe, leads Tulane over Louisiana Tech 24-15 http://apne.ws/1eJMgRb #GreenWave #LaTech

anarin
09-13-2013, 07:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iNF1yklxUmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the voiceover is messed up haha

BobD
10-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Oops

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/relatedvideos?id=11721009&cid=7739657&backText=Search%20Results%20for%20"montana%20spikes%20ball%204th%20down"%20-%20ESPN&back=http%3A%2F%2Fm.espn.go.com%2Fwireless%2Fsearc h%2Fresults%3Fq%3D%2Bmontana%2Bspikes%2Bball%2B4th %2Bdown%2B%26modifiedFrom%3Dnate%2Bmontana%26fromF orm%3Dtrue (http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/relatedvideos?id=11721009&cid=7739657&backText=Search%20Results%20for%20"montana%20spikes%20ball%204th%20down"%20-%20ESPN&back=http%3A%2F%2Fm.espn.go.com%2Fwireless%2Fsearc h%2Fresults%3Fq%3D%2Bmontana%2Bspikes%2Bball%2B4th %2Bdown%2B%26modifiedFrom%3Dnate%2Bmontana%26fromF orm%3Dtrue)

BGIF
10-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Wow!

A Colletto scripted play.

Davie would have called a T.O. to talk about that before doing it.

BGIF
10-18-2014, 05:37 PM
It was a much better looking spike than Golson's.

Irish YJ
10-18-2014, 05:42 PM
LMAO