PDA

View Full Version : '10 MN OL Seantrel Henderson (Miami Commit)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GoshenGipper
09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
SEANTREL HENDERSON | Offensive Tackle

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=200>Saint Paul, Minnesota
Cretin-Durham Hall

Ht: 6-8
Wt: 301

<TD vAlign=top>RANKING
Rivals: :s::s::s::s::s:, Offensive Tackle (1), National (1), Rating 6.1
Scout: :s::s::s::s::s:, Offensive Tackle (1)
ESPN: :s::s::s::s::s:, Offensive Tackle (1), National (4), Grade 87

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OFFERS:
Florida (OV 12/18)
Miami (OV 1/29/10)
Notre Dame (OV 10/17)
Ohio State (9/11)
Southern Cal (12/04)
Minnesota (Camp '09)
OKlahoma

Iowa
Michigan
UCLA

Decision: 2/3/10 Southern Cal Verbal (No LOI)

GoshenGipper
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Reserved for photos

GoshenGipper
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
IrishIllustrated.com - Ten to watch in 2010 class (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=704923)

As big as Gray is, Henderson is even bigger at the same stage. Henderson comes from a power program, and is also a standout in basketball and track. He won numerous events at the Minnesota Junior Olympics Outdoor Championships, and is already on the radar of Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State and others.

GoshenGipper
10-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Charlie was spotted at CDH Tues night to watch their opening round playoff game, but here the catch. He wasn't there to watch Micheal because Michael was sitting out the game due to an ankle injury. So guess who he was there to watch? Big Seantrel Henderson, that right. Talk about getting an early jump on recruiting.

GoshenGipper
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Minnesota's top-recruited football player this year is Cretin-Derham Hall wide receiver Michael Floyd, who last month committed to Notre Dame. But the St. Paul school has another player who will be recruited even more than Floyd has been.

He's offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson, a lean 6 feet 7, 295 pounds and just a sophomore. Henderson, 16, already has offers from Notre Dame, Iowa, Wisconsin and the Gophers
- per TwinCities.com

Z-Bo
11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Already has an offer from Notre Dame? How did Charlie Weis get Dan Saracino to agree to that? Did admissions check off a list of catholic high schools / private schools that they like?

SoCalDomer
11-16-2007, 11:41 PM
How can he have an offer already? I thought Sept 1, 2007 was the start of recruiting for 2009's class.

GoshenGipper
11-16-2007, 11:45 PM
How can he have an offer already? I thought Sept 1, 2007 was the start of recruiting for 2009's class.

It wouldn't be an official written offer, it's verbal conditional offer.

SoCalDomer
11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Ah, got it.

IHateMarkMay
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
He may be transferring from Cretin-Durham

Potential Henderson transfer could impact Stillwater

Stillwater boys' basketball coach Dennis Bloom and football coach Scott Hoffman might soon be getting some good news for the next two years.

Cretin-Derham Hall monster sophomore Seantrel Henderson -- who is expected to become a top football recruit nationally in the next year -- is rumored to be considering a transfer from the St. Paul school.

According to published reports in the Pioneer Press, Henderson and one of his close friends at the school may both transfer, possibly to Totino-Grace.

If this actually happens, of course, SEC teams will no longer have to worry about a player who is said to be Ohio State's top recruiting target for football in 2010. Henderson is averaging 11.5 points per game this season on the Cretin basketball team.

Lake Elmo Leader (http://www.lakeelmoleader.com/articles/index.cfm?id=9692&section=sports&property_id=27&freebie_check&CFID=12165341&CFTOKEN=26939007&jsessionid=88305f4151e9731a457e)

IrishGrizz
03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Where is this located anyway? Would this change his targeted favorite schools?

ALLND62
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
He may be transferring from Cretin-Durham

Lake Elmo Leader (http://www.lakeelmoleader.com/articles/index.cfm?id=9692&section=sports&property_id=27&freebie_check&CFID=12165341&CFTOKEN=26939007&jsessionid=88305f4151e9731a457e)

That sure seems to be bad news for Cretin-Durham.......I am sure Charlie will keep up with him where ever he goes.:wink:

BDIrish4ever
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Isn't it a little early to be posting kids in the Class of 2010??

IHateMarkMay
03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Where is this located anyway? Would this change his targeted favorite schools?

That article makes it seem like it would change things in favor of the SEC... but i looked up the school and its still in Minneapolis/St. Paul... so the only thing i would see it affect would be our close ties to Cretin-Durham.

IrishGrizz
03-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks IHateMarkMay (the best name on the site).

ndstpaul
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
In the article, by SEC they are referring to Suburban East Conference not the Southeastern Conference. It is the conference Cretin Derham plays in.

IrishGrizz
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Get out of here- that was your first post and you come with good info? Way to go ndstpaul! Thanks for the clarification. And welcome!

ndstpaul
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I live in St Paul, MN so I figured I'd share. What is weird is that while Totino Grace is two time defending state champions in 4A (CDH is in top class of 5A) they haven't
really produced any d1 football kids that I can think of and CDH usually produces a couple each year. Plus Totino is on the other side of the metro area.

IrishGrizz
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
You take em where you can get em..

OCIrish
03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Why is he changing Schools?

ALLND62
03-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Why is he changing Schools?

That would be interesting to know.

ndstpaul
03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
There hasn't been anything written in the local papers as far as his reasoning behind a potential transfer and with the way Cretin is adored in St Paul its likely it wouldn't come out if it was something negative on Cretin. An obvious possibility if he is from the Minneapolis side of the river would be the long commute. The other school mentioned, Holy Angels, is also on the Minneapolis side of the cities.

ndstpaul
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Latest word is that highly recruited sophomore lineman Seantrel Henderson is telling pals he intends to remain at Cretin-Derham Hall rather than allow himself to be influenced into transferring.

Charley Walters - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/walters)

Doesn't really make sense but it sounds like he will stay at CDH.

GoshenGipper
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Isn't it a little early to be posting kids in the Class of 2010??

Um no, espcially if ND has already given him a verbal offer. Many sites are already dipping down into the '11 class.

IrishCalves
04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
One of the old timers from the rivals main board, has connections to just about every one it seems, says we're in better position now with Henderson than we were with Floyd at the same time in his recruitment. Said he'd be surprised if he ended up anywhere else. I'd feel pretty good about Seantrel Henderson if I were you.

Epitome
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Thx calves

Akron Irish
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
maybe we'll get a 2010 recruit before a 2009.

OCIrish
04-04-2008, 07:09 PM
maybe we'll get a 2010 recruit before a 2009.

Wouldn't complain if that happened.

ALLND62
04-04-2008, 11:41 PM
OCIrish what is Newman's law?

OCIrish
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
OCIrish what is Newman's law?

I'm a little excited about Brandon Newman, that's all.

IrishGrizz
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
As long as it isn't like Murphy's Law, thats okay.

ndstpaul
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM
GopherHole.com - Royce White, Seantrel Henderson and Dyami Starks at Howard Pulley Practice (http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=789)

Throw Florida into the mix as well. I saw him play basketball this year, he doesn't have any offensive game right now but he is huge and in good shape.

IHateMarkMay
04-12-2008, 03:06 PM
From GopherHole.com
Seantrel Henderson, Sophomore, Cretin-Derham High School

GH: Where do you currently have offers for football?
SH: Notre Dame, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, and Boston College.

GH: Do you have any offers for basketball?
SH: No, ma’am.

GH: Have you thought about playing both sports in college?
SH: I would like to.

GH: Have you talk to Coach Tubby Smith about the possibility of walking on to the basketball team at Minnesota?
SH: No, not yet.

GH: At the signing day event, Coach Tim Brewster said he planned on spending a lot of time at Cretin this year, what kind of contact have you had with him?
SH: There have been a few times when I’ve gone over to the U of MN and have sat down and talked to Coach Brewster. He’s a cool guy.

GH: Do you have any favorite schools?
SH: No, I don’t, sorry.

GH: There were a number of rumors that you were going to transfer from Cretin this year, had you ever considered it?
SH: No, ma’am.

GH: They were just rumors?
SH: Yes, all rumors. I don’t know who put them out there.

GH: How big are you, and what position do you play?
SH: 6’7, 300 pounds and I’m an offensive tackle.

GH: What are you going to be working on this summer?
SH: Basketball, and just getting ready for football season.

GH: What areas of your game are you currently working on?
SH: I’m working on my strength and getting faster and bigger.

GopherHole.com - Royce White, Seantrel Henderson and Dyami Starks at Howard Pulley Practice (http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=789)

RecruitingJunkie24
07-05-2008, 09:25 PM
i believe this young man was named tom lemming's top recruit for his class, that bodes well for ND not only in the caliber of player they are getting but also if lemming thinks that highly of him it probably means he's destined to play in south bend

ant80
07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
i believe this young man was named tom lemming's top recruit for his class, that bodes well for ND not only in the caliber of player they are getting but also if lemming thinks that highly of him it probably means he's destined to play in south bendThat brought a smile to me.

irishmarine
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
we can only hope and pray he wants to be irish!

SoCalDomer
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
probably means he's destined to play in south bend

That brought a smile to me.

glad to hear we're turning you from your Buckeye ways. :laugh:

irishmarine
07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah if people arent irish fans, they want to be ;)

IHateMarkMay
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_9857197?nclick_check=1

Seantrel Henderson doesn't mind the stares. He knows people aren't used to seeing a muscular 16-year-old who stands 6 feet 7 and weighs 303 pounds.

Henderson's frame is solid, which leads to bystanders asking: "Do you play football or basketball?"

Henderson proudly responds: "Right now, I'm playing basketball."

Henderson is known more as Cretin-Derham Hall's eye-catching offensive tackle and defensive end, but basketball is his sanctuary this summer.

The coveted junior is playing for the Minneapolis-based Howard Pulley 17-under traveling team, an activity that keeps his mind off what is expected to be a relentless recruiting campaign by many of the nation's top NCAA Division I football programs.

Henderson, a backup power forward for Pulley, already has football scholarship offers from Minnesota, Notre Dame, Florida, UCLA, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Boston College and North Carolina. That list likely will expand once schools can submit written offers after Sept. 1.

Henderson is far from making a decision and doesn't even like to talk about his college plans.

"Everywhere I go almost, people ask me where I'm going (to college)," Henderson said. "It gets a little aggravating sometimes."

He keeps himself in shape by competing against some of the nation's best high school basketball players. The Pulley schedule includes tournaments in Houston, Atlanta, Hampton, Va., Milwaukee and Kansas City, Kan.

Two of Henderson's Pulley teammates are considered the top forwards in the state: Hopkins' Royce White, who has committed to Minnesota, and Robbinsdale Armstrong's Rodney Williams. Basketball, however, is not Henderson's primary focus this summer. When he's not playing or practicing with the Pulley team, he's in the Cretin weight room. Henderson said he can bench press 275 pounds.

But playing for Pulley, one of the state's top youth programs, often leads to another question: "Are you thinking more about basketball in college than
Seantrell Henderson takes the ball to the hoop during his team's Howard Pulley Pro City Summer League game at the Salvation Army gymnasium in St. Paul, Minn., on Monday, June 30, 2008. (St. Paul Pioneer Press)
football?"

"I like basketball just as much," he said. "I like going out of town to play against good talent. I haven't come to that point yet where it's either basketball or football for me."

Football is where Henderson's reputation is soaring. Last summer, Rivals.com, a leading scouting service for high school football, listed Henderson among its top 10 prospects to watch in the 2010 class.

Rivals will release its top-100 rankings for 2010 next spring, and Henderson virtually is assured of a spot on the list, perhaps among the top 10.

"He's heavily on our radar," said Mike Farrell, national recruiting coordinator for Rivals. "There's a very good chance he'll be one of the nation's most high-profile recruits."

Colleges can't sign Henderson to a national letter of intent until February 2010. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from talking to him directly until next spring's contact period, April 15-May 31.

Many college coaching staffs have been telling Raiders coach Mike Scanlan for two years that they want Henderson. When Henderson was a freshman, he passed by the Cretin athletic department offices and encountered an assistant from the staff of former Gophers coach Glen Mason.

The assistant was at Cretin to talk to wide receiver Michael Floyd and running back Shady Salamon but couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce himself to Henderson. What happened next startled Henderson.

"The guy offered me a scholarship," Henderson said. "I hadn't even played with the varsity yet."

Too much hype too soon can derail young athletes. Henderson isn't about to let that happen, and neither is his parents. Henderson's father, Sean, rejected his request to get a tattoo.

"My father said I should wait until I'm 18," Henderson said. "I'm OK with that. I don't want to put out perceptions that people might question."

Any notions that Henderson might be a "me-first" athlete were scrapped in April when the Pulley team played in the Kingwood Classic in Houston. Pulley coach Antoine Harris had sent Henderson to the scorer's table to replace White, the team's starting power forward. As Henderson waited to go in, White hit three consecutive shots.

Henderson looked at Harris and said, "Do you really think I should go in?"

Harris and Henderson smiled at each other. Henderson returned to the bench.

"Seantrel is one of the most humble kids on the team," Harris said. "He understood the situation. I got him in the game a couple of minutes later."

Henderson has attracted interest from Division I basketball programs, too. Henderson said he gets two or three letters a day from Marquette. Other basketball programs expressing interest include Miami (Fla.), Iowa and Iowa State.

His priority, Henderson said, is to keep his name and image in good standing as much as possible. Rumors that he was transferring to Totino-Grace before the fall semester and that he already had given the Gophers an oral commitment upset him.

Henderson denied both claims. The rumors made him more careful about what he says and how he handles himself in public.

"I know people are watching me a lot more," he said. "I have to grow up quicker and be more responsible for the choices I make. I know things might be happening fast for me, but I'm ready to handle it."

irishmarine
07-12-2008, 01:11 PM
hes a nore dame kinda kid. i like him

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
07-13-2008, 03:20 PM
The kid is a monster. He would be a nice replacement for Sam Young.

irishmarine
07-14-2008, 12:27 PM
he would be a nice replacement for the left side of the line

IrishGrizz
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
for the Whole left side!!!

SoCalDomer
09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
ND sent Seantrel a written offer this week.

Brandon
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
This kid, with good coaching can be a monster at the next level, and joining Notre Dame would be great for his career. Our offensive line is a tad small in my opinion, to many players are 6'3 or 6'4, a defensive tackle or end size. I want the maulers like Sam Young, 6'8, with a mean streak, this kid has the potential.

IrishAddiction
10-16-2008, 10:56 PM
This player could be a monster with medicore coaching, give him good coaching and he is an all american his freshman year at ND. You cant coach 6'8", 300, and the ability to run a 4.7. Add that to the footwork of a college basketball post player, and you have an absolute freak of nature, no disrespect implied.

tko
10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
This player could be a monster with medicore coaching, give him good coaching and he is an all american his freshman year at ND. You cant coach 6'8", 300, and the ability to run a 4.7. Add that to the footwork of a college basketball post player, and you have an absolute freak of nature, no disrespect implied.

well, we all know the feelings on this board about Latina. i don't think he's going to get "good coaching" from Latina. who knows, maybe Latina is gone after this year but i highly doubt it. it seems he has pictures of Charlie. i just hope Michael Floyd can work on him and get him excited about ND.

irishmarine
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
there was alot of talk about him and floyd having a good friendship so hopefully he is constantly in his ear about how this team is on the rise again

tko
10-17-2008, 04:47 PM
there was alot of talk about him and floyd having a good friendship so hopefully he is constantly in his ear about how this team is on the rise again

i'm sure carufel has his own opinion but i would probably look to floyd as the example. the kid is so solid and so grounded.

irishmarine
10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
not to mention is making an instant impact on this team.

SoCalDomer
10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Word is he will be visiting next weekend for the Pitt game.

Ultimate Penn St. Hater
10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice. Thanks for the good news SoCal! Go Irish!

irishmarine
10-26-2008, 11:56 PM
wow hope we have a great game

IrishAddiction
10-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Sounds awesome, a great chance to impress a recruit by beating a team that we arent supposed to beat. I hope he just gets on campus and commits....wishful thinking but it would be awesome.

IHateMarkMay
10-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Lets hope Mike Floyd has a monstrous game.

tko
10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Sounds awesome, a great chance to impress a recruit by beating a team that we arent supposed to beat. I hope he just gets on campus and commits....wishful thinking but it would be awesome.

i believe we are supposed to beat PITT. just b/c they're ranked they got mauled by a poor Rutgers team. i think we contain mccoy and continue building our offensive machine. i like our chances this week and i hope floyd has a big game for his cretin-durham recruit.

irishmarine
10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
def need the fans to show major love for perhaps the biggest recruit of thwe year

NDsuperfan09
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Lets reel em in fellas. He would be the biggest get since Clausen.

irishmarine
10-28-2008, 12:12 AM
i think he may be more important than clausen

NDinL.A.
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
i think he may be more important than clausen

He would be absolutely huge, but not bigger than Clausen. The most important position in football is QB. Look at what Clausen has done for this offense. Yes, the O-Line is playing better, but they still can't run block. They're giving JC some time and he's burning teams. And look at what a highly decorated QB brings to recruiting. Michael Floyd, John Goodman (who's going to be an absolute stud guys, just wait), Deion Walker, Rudolph, Kamara, and maybe even Shaq. All these guys, yes, even Kamara, are quality, if not all-world, receivers. Clausen legitimicized CW's recruiting, as you might remember some people called him the "LeBron James of high school football."

As for the team aspect, getting a guy this big and this dominating would be outstanding for the program. Having a dominant O-Line (and D-Line) along with all the skill positions we already have puts us in the national title conversation...

irishmarine
10-29-2008, 12:18 AM
our offensive and defensive lines are still too weak to be talking about national championships. teams run all over us and we can run against a paper thin line. we are greatly improving week by week but until we have a dominant line we cant really be put up there with the big boys.

irishmarine
10-29-2008, 12:20 AM
in a year or two i think we could have that key part of it though. so dont think im bashing or hating. we just arent there yet. we need some big lineman and if we get nixon or people of his caliber then i think we will have what we need but until we can run and stop the run we will be a step behind

SoCalDomer
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Will not be coming to the Pitt game b/c his high school team is in the playoffs and plays Friday night. Has rescheduled for the Syracuse game.

irishmarine
10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
wow if hes here for the syracuse game he might commit on the spot. we shoukld run up the score against them and hopefully his friend mike will have a huge day

irish4ever
11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Will not be coming to the Pitt game b/c his high school team is in the playoffs and plays Friday night. Has rescheduled for the Syracuse game.
Damn glad that he had to change his plans .... didn't want him in the stands watching the Irish "melt down" against Pitt this past w/e!

sportallyr
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Damn glad that he had to change his plans .... didn't want him in the stands watching the Irish "melt down" against Pitt this past w/e!

True, but I do think it would have been good for him to have been there because his buddy Michael Floyd had a monster game (again) and he would have seen first hand how badly we need him on the offensive line. He would have come away knowing that he'd be our starter at tackle next year!

SoCalDomer
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM

If the only factor recruits use in deciding on a school is good wins versus bad losses, ND would not have had the #1 class in 2007. Nor would 6-6 Alabama have landed the #2 class. In fact, USC would never have turned recruiting around because they were floundering in mediocrity during the 90's. Perrenial powerhouses would still be powerhouses.

IrishAddiction
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
heres an article featuring Henderson, and Barr among others. i would like to see our name on a few more of these players college possibilites, especially ones like Robert Woods, Robert Crisp, and Matt Elam. this article says something about matt elams brother playing at ND or something, but then again it also says he has already committed to Flordia. Urban liar probably told him he could start right now on his team.

IrishIllustrated.com - Rivals250 to Watch: Five-star candidates (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=872556)

IrishGrizz
11-06-2008, 12:53 PM

I understand your point, 4ever. But remember last year when Floyd commited after we lost big at home.

IrishAddiction
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Come on Seantrel, you know we want u here big man! Come and play for a national champion!

Clausen2Kamara
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
We need him definetely...He should be the top target for us..He is the kind of player that will come in and start as a true freshman. I'm just glad we got Lombard who should be another 5 Star OT next year!!

irishmarine
01-05-2009, 03:54 AM
i would love to have the problem of having two top tackles commit to us and trying to figure out where to put them

IrishAddiction
01-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Great article on Seantrel. sounds good for the irish, says he likes them. Here tis.

IrishIllustrated.com - Henderson's rare talent draws coaches north (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=897695)

NDinL.A.
01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Great article on Seantrel. sounds good for the irish, says he likes them. Here tis.

IrishIllustrated.com - Henderson's rare talent draws coaches north (http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=897695)

Great read! Keep the links coming...

JeremyND07
01-08-2009, 08:04 AM
great news! Crazy that we are hearing more news on the 2010 class then we are 2009. We still need to finish up strong this year. We should get a top QB next year too if we start winning again!!! Should be top 5 easy!

IHateMarkMay
01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
So I was cruising the internet on scout.com. Looking at 2010 Irish prospects. And i saw that we haven't officially offered Seantrel Henderson. Is this true or just a typo. I figured we would be all over this guy and he liked us and all. Any clearification would be great.

sportallyr
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I believe that's a typo. Rivals has him listed with an offer, which I believe he received in writing back in September of last year.

We seem to have a great shot at this kid. Hope he clicks with the new O-Line coach and I hope that he sees progress this year on the field from our O-Line.

NDOM
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
This kid looks pretty damn good if you ask me.

irishmarine
01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
pretty damn good? he looks like a freakin monster out there. i hope his boy mike is in his ear all year about coming to notre dame. with the one tackle already commited it would be huge to lock him up for the other side

WabashFalcon
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I would love to lock up his side...

*crickets chirp*

Lowers head and walks away.

NDsuperfan09
01-17-2009, 12:18 AM
I have heard he would be ours if Weis job security wasn't such a big question mark. If we handle business on the field this year he should be in South Bend.

irishmarine
01-17-2009, 01:37 AM
i can understand that

wicket
01-17-2009, 05:41 AM
I have heard he would be ours if Weis job security wasn't such a big question mark. If we handle business on the field this year he should be in South Bend.

Holy crap, I see a weird situation coming. We having a 9-3 season slightly disappointing but having the #1 recruiting class really dependant on charlie staying. What would we do, from what i got this season is one or gone for charlie but I think an awesome recruiting class could give him some margin for error perhaps.

tko
01-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Holy crap, I see a weird situation coming. We having a 9-3 season slightly disappointing but having the #1 recruiting class really dependant on charlie staying. What would we do, from what i got this season is one or gone for charlie but I think an awesome recruiting class could give him some margin for error perhaps.

dicey situation for sure. i hope we're not on the fence next season. we need to go take care of business on the field and hopefully all the mistakes that were made in tight games will not be made next season. as Neutered says, pups become dogs and this team showed in the bowl that it can play some football.

Stalking_Eagle
02-06-2009, 05:47 AM
I expect us to take no prisoners this year. I saw a new team at the bowl game, I think the trip was more than just a win.

tko
02-06-2009, 07:09 AM
I expect us to take no prisoners this year. I saw a new team at the bowl game, I think the trip was more than just a win.

hopefully charlie stays upstairs where he can see the field and make adjustments quicker. also, i think the team will perform better w/o his presence on the sidelines. leave it to corwin and company to provide positive energy on the sidelines. if we start blasting people like we did hawaii i believe the recruiting snowball that follows will be enormous.

Stalking_Eagle
02-08-2009, 01:21 PM
hopefully charlie stays upstairs where he can see the field and make adjustments quicker. also, i think the team will perform better w/o his presence on the sidelines. leave it to corwin and company to provide positive energy on the sidelines. if we start blasting people like we did hawaii i believe the recruiting snowball that follows will be enormous.
Charlie is NOT going not going to coach from upstairs, can we please end these discussions

tko
02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Charlie is NOT going not going to coach from upstairs, can we please end these discussions

i refuse to end this discussion b/c in my opinion i think he should coach upstairs. you may have a different opinion and that's fine but i think the team is best served if he is in the box. sorry to have a different opinion than you pro but that's why we have this forum.

GoIrish21
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
i refuse to end this discussion b/c in my opinion i think he should coach upstairs. you may have a different opinion and that's fine but i think the team is best served if he is in the box. sorry to have a different opinion than you pro but that's why we have this forum.

FWIW, I agree with tko. Weis himself admitted it was "night and day". In addition, by all accounts Corwin Brown did a spectacular job working the sidelines and with the halftime speech.

tko
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
FWIW, I agree with tko. Weis himself admitted it was "night and day". In addition, by all accounts Corwin Brown did a spectacular job working the sidelines and with the halftime speech.

i just think charlie has a certain "presence" on the sidelines. the team in hawaii seemed to play free and loose with charlie in the box. i think the energy created by brown and others on the sidelines translated into relaxed play on the field and i hope that trend continues this upcoming season. i could also see bryant young rallying the troops as well on the sidelines. i don't think it's a bad thing if weis is a head coach that coaches up in the box. if the team can have the most success under that scenario then why not, that's all.

now, let's get back to seantrel and getting his big frame on board for 2010.

notredomer23
02-08-2009, 05:34 PM
tko, while i agree with you it will never happen.

back to seantrel

tko
02-08-2009, 05:40 PM
tko, while i agree with you it will never happen.

back to seantrel

probably right but one can dream. do or die year for the big fella so we'll see. if he doesn't win 10 games but recruits his balls off jack will have a tough decision to make. the drama will be unreal this fall and can you imagine the stress charlie will be feeling? getting guys like seantrel should help that cause. i hope floyd builds on his success as a freshman and can really work on seantrel and get him to be Irish

Brown
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Would you guys give up Te'o if it meant getting Henderson?

IrishAddiction
03-26-2009, 09:32 AM
probably right but one can dream. do or die year for the big fella so we'll see. if he doesn't win 10 games but recruits his balls off jack will have a tough decision to make. the drama will be unreal this fall and can you imagine the stress charlie will be feeling? getting guys like seantrel should help that cause. i hope floyd builds on his success as a freshman and can really work on seantrel and get him to be Irish

actually, if he doesnt win ten games with this easy of a schedule compared to the talent we have on this team, the decision shouldnt be that hard for the administration. seantel should be all irish because of the connections and the pipeline, but who knows at this point, its very early in the process. im sure things will really heat up in the summer though, they generally always do with charlies style of recruiting.

Junkhead
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Would you guys give up Te'o if it meant getting Henderson?

That scenario will never happen, and maybe we can get both anyway! We do need more help at OT than LB next class though.

GOLDENISTHYTATE
03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
That scenario is just an absure one to even bring up on this board.

Clausen2Kamara
03-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Yea I'm not touching that one. I do think that Floyd and Henderson have similar personalities though from what I've been hearing...We are still going to have to compete and win 9 or 10 and recruit our asses off this year to get him. Its going to be a dog fight.

Riddickulous
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
We have a legitimate shot at him, as well as Hurst. The thought of landing three 5-star tackles makes me all tingly inside.

Irishlew
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM
We have a legitimate shot at him, as well as Hurst. The thought of landing three 5-star tackles makes me all tingly inside.

me too, all though technically Lombard is the #1 rated OG on scout now.

BostonND
04-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Is Seantrel coming to the Spring game or not?

Ricochet
04-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Not coming.

NDinL.A.
04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Is Seantrel coming to the Spring game or not?

Nope. But it's not like he didn't want to. He had a death in the family, which forced him to cancel the trip, unfortunately. Still a strong list coming to the game though...

IrishAddiction
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Biggest competitor in this race seems to be Minnesota by far. They are the only ones who offered his good friend and QB, and he is evidently very close to him. Dont like it, but it could play a key role in his recruitment.

Also, i just found out that USC entered the mix and offered Seantrel on the 17th. All i can say to them is sorry ya basterds, not getting this guy. Link below.

CollegeFootballTalk.com - USC OFFERS CONSENSUS TOP RECRUIT HENDERSON (http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/usc-offers-consensus-top-recruit-henderson/)

SoCalDomer
04-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Star tackle's deluge of letters is no hardship
By JOHN MILLEA and DAVID La VAQUE, Star Tribune staff writers

Last update: April 24, 2009 - 1:08 AM

Cretin-Derham Hall offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson, rated the No. 1 football recruit in the nation for 2010 by Rivals.com, has a list of interested college programs nearly big enough to block him.

The 6-8, 301-pound junior left tackle is weighing scholarship offers from Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Ohio State, and he remains interested in several other schools, including Southern California.

Raiders coach Mike Scanlan recently suggested Henderson shorten his list.

"I told him he would hear from fewer schools if he narrowed it down to a smaller group he was really interested in," said Scanlan, who added that Henderson is more coveted than Cretin-Derham Hall alums Joe Mauer and Michael Floyd. "But he has not been able to do that. He's not tired of the process."

Scanlan said Henderson has made unofficial visits to Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Star tackle's deluge of letters is no hardship (http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/43594152.html?elr=KArksUUUU)

GOLDENISTHYTATE
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Gosh I want this kid to be Irish so bad. Who's up for a road trip to Minnesota where all we do is bother this kid for a week straight haha? I'm just kidding.

Maybe.

Clausen2Kamara
04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
We need this kid...Offer their QB if need be...Henderson is a 3 year starter and top 10 pick imo barring injury.

The Polish Irishman
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
He will be a 4 year starter

irish4ever
04-30-2009, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Clausen2Kamara;286363]We need this kid...Offer their QB if need be...QUOTE]

Agreed ... the Irish really need to land this kid! Can you imagine landing a very probable 3-4 yr. starting Left OT .... wow!

BGIF
05-15-2009, 04:10 AM
Say it ain't so!

5/13/08
Henderson will focus more closely this summer on the recruiting process. He took several unofficial visits the past several months to, among others, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State. It was a late March visit to Michigan, though, that Henderson said he, “loved… more than any other college I've been to so far.
By Josh Helmholdt FREEP
Henderson plans unofficials to FSU UF OSU UTN USC and UCLA. ND, USC, OSU and UM have been mentioned as lleading contenders

IHateMarkMay
05-15-2009, 06:57 AM
That's fine, If he has to choose between UM and ND, I like our chances. Recent recruiting history likes our chances as well...

jason_h537
05-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Premium article on Rivals today has him saying he plans on visting Notre Dame among other schools this summer

OCIrish
05-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I like our chances with Seantreal, I really do. He's got Floyd here, and I'm sure he's talked to Ryan Harris about ND.

IHateMarkMay
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
He's probably already talked to Matt Carufel as well, who doesn't have as good of things to say.

jason_h537
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
im sure Michael Floyd talked to Carufel also

BGIF
05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
He's probably already talked to Matt Carufel as well, who doesn't have as good of things to say.

Unlike Carufel, Floyd, Harris, and Powers-Neal don't have an axe to grind. They didn't leave in a hissy fit over being beaten out at their position. Powers-Neal could have had a beef over his Res Life suspension except as I recall he recognized the consequences of his actions and ND's student code. He took responsibility for his actions. IF Matt had manned up maybe he'd be starting at ND this year.

Henderson may not chose ND but from the various articles he seems to be doing his own due diligence. He doesn't seem the type to be influenced by another player's failures.

IrishAddiction
05-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey BGIF, not trying to be an ass but the quote from seantrel is paraphrased. "loved..... more than any other college I have been to so far." Jw what else he said about the visit, or is that really what he said, "I loved the Michigan visit more than any other college i have seen so far."? Jw thanks for the info though as always.

OCIrish
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm sure he's talked to Matt, but at the same time, if Matt had been a man, he would probably be either the starter or at least part of the rotation, he wanted more playing time, so he jumped at the chance to get it at Minnesota. Btw, when was the last time Minnesota was relevant at anything in college football?

IrishInFl
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm sure he's talked to Matt, but at the same time, if Matt had been a man, he would probably be either the starter or at least part of the rotation, he wanted more playing time, so he jumped at the chance to get it at Minnesota. Btw, when was the last time Minnesota was relevant at anything in college football?

2009 when we won the national championship!!! Er, wait, that was Minnesota-Duluth, my alma mater! Go dogs!

BGIF
05-26-2009, 02:13 AM
2009 when we won the national championship!!! Er, wait, that was Minnesota-Duluth, my alma mater! Go dogs!

One damn cold place!

When were you there?

BGIF
05-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Hey BGIF, not trying to be an ass but the quote from seantrel is paraphrased. "loved..... more than any other college I have been to so far." Jw what else he said about the visit, or is that really what he said, "I loved the Michigan visit more than any other college i have seen so far."? Jw thanks for the info though as always.

"Jw" splain for me, please?

JW
From Wikidpedia,

JW may refer to:

John Williams (born 1932), American composer
James Weaver (1833 - 1912), American politician
Jimmy Wales (born 1966), American Internet entrepreneur
Jack Wills, a clothing company
In other uses:

JW, Arrow Air, a cargo airline
Jehovah's Witnesses, a religious group
Jornalistas da Web, of Brazil

BGIF
05-26-2009, 03:47 AM

Not trying to be an ass either but I don't think "paraphrased" is the correct term for what the writer did. He didn't paraphrase, that is, he didn't rephrase in his own words what Henderson said. I believe he used "elliptical construction" and shortened what Henderson said to fit his piece. The writer apparently deleted words, or sentences from a longer Henderson quotation, using the ellipsis to indicate his deletion. Something like, (my words follow as an example) "The campus was great. I loved everything about the visit, the building, The Big House, and so on. I saw more there than anywhere else more than any other college I have been to so far."

I confess, my "Say it ain't so" statement was facetious.

I would have preferred to think the conversation was something more along the lines of:

"I loved the opportunity to visit another campus that offered me a scholarship. Michigan has a really big stadium and they tell me they fill it for every game. They didn't tell me how many left early last time Appalachian State was there. Their helmets are quite distinctive or would be had they not copied them from that Ivy League school. They told me how they "own" Notre Dame" having a 20-15-1 record since they taught the Irish how to play the game. They didn't mention that 2 of the first 8 wins took place on the same weekend back when Grover Cleveland was President. They probably forgot to mention that they're 12-14-1 against the Irish since the Touchdown was changed from 5 points to 6 back before World War I. Coach Rod spent a lot of time with me explaining his offensive philosophy. Now I have a solid grasp of the reasons behind all the transfers and fumbles, and why Toledo won. Before my visit I never understood why people said, 'Ann Arbor is a whore.' Considering it all I loved it more than any other college I have been to so far - all four of them."

IrishAddiction
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Not trying to be an ass either but I don't think "paraphrased" is the correct term for what the writer did. He didn't paraphrase, that is, he didn't rephrase in his own words what Henderson said. I believe he used "elliptical construction" and shortened what Henderson said to fit his piece. The writer apparently deleted words, or sentences from a longer Henderson quotation, using the ellipsis to indicate his deletion. Something like, (my words follow as an example) "The campus was great. I loved everything about the visit, the building, The Big House, and so on. I saw more there than anywhere else more than any other college I have been to so far."

I confess, my "Say it ain't so" statement was facetious.

I would have preferred to think the conversation was something more along the lines of:

"I loved the opportunity to visit another campus that offered me a scholarship. Michigan has a really big stadium and they tell me they fill it for every game. They didn't tell me how many left early last time Appalachian State was there. Their helmets are quite distinctive or would be had they not copied them from that Ivy League school. They told me how they "own" Notre Dame" having a 20-15-1 record since they taught the Irish how to play the game. They didn't mention that 2 of the first 8 wins took place on the same weekend back when Grover Cleveland was President. They probably forgot to mention that they're 12-14-1 against the Irish since the Touchdown was changed from 5 points to 6 back before World War I. Coach Rod spent a lot of time with me explaining his offensive philosophy. Now I have a solid grasp of the reasons behind all the transfers and fumbles, and why Toledo won. Before my visit I never understood why people said, 'Ann Arbor is a whore.' Considering it all I loved it more than any other college I have been to so far - all four of them."

Lol yea thats what i meant, an elliptical illusion or whatever it is called. And that would be sweet if thats what Seantrel said.

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
AMP: Seantrel Henderson talks recruiting - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-football/AMP-Seantrel-Henderson-talks-recruiting-50359)
I don't know if this has been posted, but Henderson talks about schools that are recruiting him. One interesting point was when he said that he is going to major in business and wants to go to the best school for that. ND was ranked 2nd in the country for business schools...

irishmarine
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
how many times have we heard that crap though. i want to go to a school where they graduate most of thier athletes and set good examples for the youth. i signed with fsu/uf/usc. its old. he seems to be a different kid but i dont know. hopefully he looks into it more than the other kids who have said the same things.

NDinL.A.
05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
how many times have we heard that crap though. i want to go to a school where they graduate most of thier athletes and set good examples for the youth. i signed with fsu/uf/usc. its old. he seems to be a different kid but i dont know. hopefully he looks into it more than the other kids who have said the same things.

I know what you're saying, but guess what, our roster is full of kids who said the EXACT same thing. It's old when they say it and don't mean it, yes, but there are also 85 scholarship athletes on the ND roster that really do care about athletics. So, not every kid is just blowing smoke. Some of them (like Ethan Johnson) really do mean it...

BGIF
05-28-2009, 02:00 AM

I think you'll find a lot of those prospects that utter the prefunctory education first line didn't have the HS academic record to back it up. I chuckle every time I read about a kid with a 2.1 gpa and "awaiting results of ACT/SAT retake" declaring his interest in a school with a good engineering or medical program.

Myron Rolle said education was important. He had a good academic record but we scoffed when he opted for Free Shoes U. Now despite Bobby Bowden sweating out the NCAA ruling which may result in 14 forfeits for a cheating scandal, Myron Rolle is a Rhodes Scholar. The same award won Bill Bradley at Princeton. There's also a USC QB named Pat Haden that won that award. The same Pat Haden that came from a California Catholic pipeline school and told Ara, "No thank you, sir".

And before anybody extrapolates Rolle as an indicator of FSU football player academcic standards, let's clarify he's the exception, not the rule.

I track grades and tests score of recruits (via the recruiting services) trying to determine which ones are ND material and if ND is being hard or lenient with admissions. I get skeptical when thre is no information or more so when a HS kid starts an interview expressing his keen interest in kinesiology.

I don't have any grades/test scores listed for Henderson. So there's no indicator there. He does come from a HS with a good track record, he appears to be doing diligence on college evaluation, and he's expressed interest in a major where ND excels.

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I think you'll find a lot of those prospects that utter the prefunctory education first line didn't have the HS academic record to back it up. I chuckle every time I read about a kid with a 2.1 gpa and "awaiting results of ACT/SAT retake" declaring his interest in a school with a good engineering or medical program.

Myron Rolle said education was important. He had a good academic record but we scoffed when he opted for Free Shoes U. Now despite Bobby Bowden sweating out the NCAA ruling which may result in 14 forfeits for a cheating scandal, Myron Rolle is a Rhodes Scholar. The same award won Bill Bradley at Princeton. There's also a USC QB named Pat Haden that won that award. The same Pat Haden that came from a California Catholic pipeline school and told Ara, "No thank you, sir".

And before anybody extrapolates Rolle as an indicator of FSU football player academcic standards, let's clarify he's the exception, not the rule.

I track grades and tests score of recruits (via the recruiting services) trying to determine which ones are ND material and if ND is being hard or lenient with admissions. I get skeptical when thre is no information or more so when a HS kid starts an interview expressing his keen interest in kinesiology.

I don't have any grades/test scores listed for Henderson. So there's no indicator there. He does come from a HS with a good track record, he appears to be doing diligence on college evaluation, and he's expressed interest in a major where ND excels.

Yeah, I know all about this. Tallahassee is SO Proud of Rolle being a Rhodes Scholar that when I ask about him, the first mention how smart he is. They sell shirts at Publix grocery stores mentioning his Rhodes Scholarship. When I ask how good of a player he is (I really try as hard as possible to not pay attention to FSU games), they say he is a horrible player, although I don't know why when the experts call him a first round pick.

BGIF
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
... Tallahassee is SO Proud of Rolle being a Rhodes Scholar ...

They have to be proud. He's the basis of FSU's appeal to the NCAA. Haven't you heard Bobby's Bowden's NCAA pitch:

"So what if 60 FSU athletes got caught cheatin', they didn't mean it. They were just bumfuzzled.

You have to look at the big picture. We have a Roads Scholar! A Roads Scholar!

Dagnabit, Notre Dame doesn't. The closest they got is a Roads Annoucer that does home games.

Heck, how can you punish FSU for academic behavior? Bo Jackson won the Heisman at Auburn. Did you know his real name was Bob but he had trouble spelling long words so Pat Dye nicknamed him Bo. You didn't punish them!

Did I mention we have a Rhodes Scholar.

We rest our case."

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah dude. I heard the reason over the academic suspensions was that some grad assistant just left the answers up on the projector for the music class (that is the class they were accused of cheating on). But of course I'm going to get spin from the Warchant guys.

IrishAddiction
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Back to Henderson. Kid looks like a bball player too on the recent rivals AMP video.

AMP: Seantrel Henderson talks recruiting - Rivals.com Video (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/amp-seantrel-henderson-talks-recruiting-50359)

IrishInFl
05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Video is already posted.

BGIF
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Back to Henderson. Kid looks like a bball player too on the recent rivals AMP video ...

If he came to ND he'd have a leg up for a National Championship in Bookstore BB.

IrishInFl
05-29-2009, 10:06 AM
That wouldn't be even fair. Seantrel would be the ultimate ringer.

jason_h537
05-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Screw it offer him a spot on the basketball team too. They aint winning a championship any time soon

IrishInFl
05-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Well ND was pre-season ranked top 5 last year, so to have a baller like Seantrel would be huge. I mean ND still sucked and only got to the NIT, but they still had high expectations.

notredomer23
05-30-2009, 10:10 AM
saw this like 10 responses back, but BGIF, jw stands for just wondering

BGIF
05-30-2009, 04:31 PM
saw this like 10 responses back, but BGIF, jw stands for just wondering

THX 23.

NDinL.A.
05-30-2009, 06:58 PM
THX 23.

But wait, what does THX mean?

Oh yeah, back to Seantrel, um, he's really good and I hope he signs with the Irish.

BGIF
05-31-2009, 04:21 AM
... he's really good and I hope he signs with the Irish.

But where he will nobody knows. It's a better kept secret than Joe Biden's bunker.

Clausen2Kamara
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Henderson will sign with a BCS school thats my prediction and I'm sticking to it..

GOLDENISTHYTATE
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I really, really don't want to post this because this will absolutely kill me for the rest of the recruiting cycle, but ESPN reported this today about Henderson:

He said, "Right now it is not official, but I like Minnesota, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida and LSU. There are some other schools, but that would be my top choices right now."

Who wants to join me in drinking the poisoned punch?

BGIF
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I really, really don't want to post this because this will absolutely kill me for the rest of the recruiting cycle, but ESPN reported this today about Henderson:

He said, "Right now it is not official, but I like Minnesota, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida and LSU. There are some other schools, but that would be my top choices right now."

Who wants to join me in drinking the poisoned punch?

Jonestown

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
This is just another example of Notre Dame fans assuming we were a lock with a kid for whatever reason

Sentreal goes to an Irish pipeline school so he is a lock
Hurst is from Indiana, hes a lock
Tailor Jones, Jordan Hicks, Kyle Prater, Anthoony Barr, and Nick Montana all have family at Notre Dame so they are locks

This hype was built by the fans not the recruits. If we win we will still have a top 10 or 5 class but the recruiting expectations were all assumed

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
This is just another example of Notre Dame fans assuming we were a lock with a kid for whatever reason

Tailor Jones, Jordan Hicks, Kyle Prater, Anthoony Barr, and Nick Montana all have family at Notre Dame so they are locks

This hype was built by the fans not the recruits. If we win we will still have a top 10 or 5 class but the recruiting expectations were all assumed

Expectations are always assumed that's why they're called expectations rather than results. Expectations are the leading casue of divorce. (No joke)

Contrary to your post I don't think many ND fans thought any of these recruits were a lock. Rather that ND enjoyed some advantage in the recruiting process through legacies or teammates.

Wasn't it the recruiting services driving for hits that beat the drum of legacies, teammates, "pipelines" will neglecting to mention the recruits own relationship with ND (rooting for ND, attending games, and such) or mentioning if the "pipeline" coach was still this kid's coach.

Hurst lives in Indiana but it's not were he was from, was it? His father had ties to an SEC program not ND's, and Hurst himself stated an interest in playing in the SEC. So he committed to UNC. So much for the SEC lock!

Henderson had commented in interviews about ND and Floyd and had mentioned camping this summer at ND (among several other places). ND had the same record then as they have today as all those interview were after the bowl games. So our record didn't change his mind. I for one was hopeful for Henderson (and Hurst but thought him much less likely) but never saw any statement of his that indicated ND was better than short list material. Now for reasons not explained ND doesn't make the Long Short List.

Tai-lor Jones flat out stated he was looking around regardless of where his parents went to school. ND was one of many. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't ND now 1A as he's is a soft verbal to SU and he is supposed to be taking an offical to ND? Considering ND's depth at WR, I was dubious that we'd get any top ranked WRs this year. I still am despite the interest.

Jordan Hicks has always mentioned OSU or UTX strongly, hasn't he? I don't ever recall reading ND was among the leaders but in the next tier of his interests.

Prater's tie to ND is a cousin. Prater is looking to be a 4 year starter. He's well aware of Floyd, Tate, et al on ND's depth chart. I'd bet his NFL career plan doesn't include wearing his cousin's jersey. Nice if it happens but not part of his plan.

Anthony Barr's got lots of blood ties but he's also expressed an interest in staying at RB. Does he agree his future is better served playing college ball at another position? Other college coaches are telling him he can play for them at RB. Does he go where he likes what he hears? I think ND is in a strong position with him but wouldn't call it a lock. Not at this point.

Nick Montana has a father's shadow he may not wish to walk in. Many people have commented on that - although he hasn't. I think that's a foolish concern if he has it. He could never play for the Niner's if that was the case. He also has a brother who's thunder he may not want to steal but then weren't they on the same HS team? Did he choose a different HS school so as not to impinge upon his brother?

Many of these kids may not care for the rigors of ND academics nor the rigors of ND's Res Life regardless that their father made it though. They may feel that the difference between them and Yeatman could only a point 0.02 blood alcohol level away. They could go to UF, FSU, USC and screw up and be one of the boys. Some of them may connect better with a position coach or a recruiter at a different college than with the ND counterpart, or like Toma follow a friend to a different place after making their own plans.

As in life, legacies and teammates get you an intro but they don't guarantee a job, a contract, or a LOI. And nowhere is that more true that ND.

A kid growing up in Texas who's dad played for the Horns is more likely to follow those footsteps as dad stayed INSTATE, played INSTATE, made his home INSTATE, and the kid grew up INSTATE. Friends, teachers, counselors, classmates will predominately come from and stay INSTATE. A kid that graduates from Texas is more likely to make his home in Texas. An kid from Texas who goes to ND is more than likely to find a job somewhere other than Texas.

I think quite a few ND fans were hopeful that the familarity some of these kids had with ND would help carry the day. I don't think many people though these kids were locks ND if they actually read what these kids said in interviews rather than what an ND interviewer wrote about the kid.

I'm disappointed but not astounded. Arrelious Benn astounded me. Somebody else hustled, planted a seed, and nutured it while ND took him for granted. The only locks have signed contracts on LOI day. And even there for than once somebody broke the lock.

Sure hope Henderson has a change of heart.

If not on to the next offer.

IrishAddiction
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Seantrel has not made an OFFICIAL top ten yet. He doesnt mention ND, but that doesnt mean we are off the list because he hasnt made it yet. Read a nice article on him from scout, link below. Again, he has NOT made an OFFICIAL top ten yet. When he does, the staff will still recruit him no matter what and go from there.

Scout.com: Being Seantrel Henderson (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=869832)

BGIF
06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Seantrel has not made an OFFICIAL top ten yet. He doesnt mention ND, but that doesnt mean we are off the list because he hasnt made it yet. Read a nice article on him from scout, link below. Again, he has NOT made an OFFICIAL top ten yet. When he does, the staff will still recruit him no matter what and go from there.

Scout.com: Being Seantrel Henderson (http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=869832)

Thanks for the clarification.

jason_h537
06-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Naw BGIF people, us fans, all assumed we were locks with these kids. Just go back and read the threads. I dont blame them, as soon as i heard there was another Monatan kid out there that was a legit D1 prospect i thought he was a lock. Your telling me you didnt think so?

BGIF
06-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Naw BGIF people, us fans, all assumed we were locks with these kids. Just go back and read the threads. I dont blame them, as soon as i heard there was another Monatan kid out there that was a legit D1 prospect i thought he was a lock. Your telling me you didnt think so?

Montana, No. I've never bought into he's afraid to play in his father's shadow nor did I think he was a lock. I though ND had a good shot at him but going back through articles written on QB prospects, I see early stuff on Gardner, Bolden, lots on Heaps and nothing on Montana - from the ND beat writers. He didn't come to Junior Day, did he? I didn't get the vibes like we did from both Golic brothers.

I also didn't think he was that well regarded as a Top QB. And when he started getting interest from other majors and then ranked around the Top Dozen QBs I assumed he was sincere about looking around and not being disingenuous.

Now Jones got a lot of ND coverage (beat writers) and I felt ND would be a finalist but a lock, never.

Some of the others like Hicks I didn't even feel ND was a serious contender - unless he got rejected from his favs.

Over the years I've seen quite a few legacies go elsewhere probably a whole lot more than came to ND though I have no numbers to back that up.

In this class, Barr probably evoked the fuzziest feeling but not from his words or actions just the depth of the connection. The recent piece about Michigan didn't make me think "lock".

None of these kids seem to be publicly, beating down ND's door to come get in. And if they're part of the group waiting to see how Charlie does this year, they aren't ND locks. IF they were, they'd be coming regardless of who was or wasn't the ND coach.

nd1988
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Well said...

Brown
07-11-2009, 03:42 AM
I guess Mike Floyd doesn't have as much pull as we thought with him. If we aren't even mentioned among his dozen or so favorite schools.

BGIF
07-11-2009, 05:02 AM
I guess Mike Floyd doesn't have as much pull as we thought with him. If we aren't even mentioned among his dozen or so favorite schools.

Was it Mike Floyd or are there other issues? Perhaps Henderson wants to know if the current HC will still have a job come LOI Day. Maybe he wants to see how the OLine does under Verducci. Is there improvement or more of the same? It can't be PT as there is a definite need for OTs.

ND was mentioned frequently in articles early in the recruiting cycle including reports of Henderson planning to camp at ND. Then suddenly nothing.

I've never seen core GPA or a test score mentioned in any article on Henderson. Could that be an issue with ND?

WabashFalcon
07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Screw it... bring on the kid that took the test for Derrick Rose!

The Polish Irishman
07-13-2009, 11:26 AM
On ESPN, his father is stating he still has interest in ND.

Does not look like he will take an OV to ND, but I would not be surprised if he shows up for the USC game.

PADOMERNUT
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Until their name is signed on a LOI, NO ONE IS A LOCK!!!

IrishInFl
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
On ESPN, his father is stating he still has interest in ND.

Does not look like he will take an OV to ND, but I would not be surprised if he shows up for the USC game.

Man, how huge is this USC game going to be? If win win (when we win!) how big will that be for this recruiting class?

jason_h537
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Let me know when he actually shows interest.

NDinL.A.
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice find Polish. However, it looks like it's just his dad talking, and not Sentrell. Looking around at other ND premium recruiting guys, Sentrell is pretty much out w/ ND. He's enamored with the football powers, and academics does not seem to be the strong point of any of them. Throw in lots of rumors of poor work ethic. He's at another travel team basketball tourney right now. Anybody who played both sports in high school knows that in summer, most football coaches expect you to be around for everything football related, and SOME coaches are cool with you fitting in basketball AROUND your football schedule. He's a possible future pro football player, the #1 player in the land right now, and yet he's playing basketball? You couple that with rumors he's not a worker and I'd say there are some serious concerns that he's simply not an ND kid. Not all are. The fact that we were on his radar so early on and the fact that we've made inroads at his h.s. before had everyone thinking that there was a great chance he'd be Irish. But everything that has come out the past 3-4 months (no visits, not in his top 10, seems to love non-academic schools, work ethic issues, etc.) suggest that he'll never be Irish. I hope I'm wrong, but I've written him off personally...

IrishAddiction
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Link if anybody wants to see it. His father's quote is ".... I know ND has been on his list." Gives me a little hope, we got along road ahead to see were we are with him as a player, our season record will play a huge role in where we stand.

OT Henderson names four of five official visits - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4323402&name=Midwest_Recruiting)

acerider8
07-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't right this kid off yet. It's not the greatests news that he has announced 4 of his 5official visits to the "football powers" of OSU, USC, UF and OU, but, again, a strong year for Charlie and the boys could change everything. Seantrell sounds like he is going right down to mid-february with a decision leaving 7+ months for us to make an impression...

I can't speak to the kid's worth ethic, but the basketball stuff doesn't bother me at all. The kid has always said that the basketball is his favorite sport and, if anything, it probably helps him stay trim and improve his footwork. The kid is 6'8 and 310 pounds. The fact that he enjoy hoofing up and down a basketball court and staying in shape, etc. is fine. Remember, these are 18 year old kids we are talking about....

NDinL.A.
07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
=acerider8;294681

I can't speak to the kid's worth ethic, but the basketball stuff doesn't bother me at all. The kid has always said that the basketball is his favorite sport and, if anything, it probably helps him stay trim and improve his footwork. The kid is 6'8 and 310 pounds. The fact that he enjoy hoofing up and down a basketball court and staying in shape, etc. is fine. Remember, these are 18 year old kids we are talking about....

I agree on the basketball thing. What I'm saying is that, as a whole, taken with the basketball thing, it makes me wonder. It's his own coaches that are questioning his work ethic...

IrishAddiction
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
he has yet to name an OFFICIAL top ten. i am betting that we are still in it, but i wouldnt say we are in the top of those ten, whomever they are.

irish4ever
07-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Once he sees the Irish putting the hurt on some teams asses this fall, he'll come around to the Irish and want to be a part of it! Him delaying may actually help the Irish chances!?

ant80
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice find Polish. However, it looks like it's just his dad talking, and not Sentrell. Looking around at other ND premium recruiting guys, Sentrell is pretty much out w/ ND. He's enamored with the football powers, and academics does not seem to be the strong point of any of them. Throw in lots of rumors of poor work ethic. He's at another travel team basketball tourney right now. Anybody who played both sports in high school knows that in summer, most football coaches expect you to be around for everything football related, and SOME coaches are cool with you fitting in basketball AROUND your football schedule. He's a possible future pro football player, the #1 player in the land right now, and yet he's playing basketball? You couple that with rumors he's not a worker and I'd say there are some serious concerns that he's simply not an ND kid. Not all are. The fact that we were on his radar so early on and the fact that we've made inroads at his h.s. before had everyone thinking that there was a great chance he'd be Irish. But everything that has come out the past 3-4 months (no visits, not in his top 10, seems to love non-academic schools, work ethic issues, etc.) suggest that he'll never be Irish. I hope I'm wrong, but I've written him off personally...

I've NEVER heard that. Where did those rumors come from? And what exactly do they say?

NDinL.A.
07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I've NEVER heard that. Where did those rumors come from? And what exactly do they say?

His own coaches insinuated that before he didn't put it work in the offseason in the past, that they are looking for him to make great strides this offseason in the weight room. They said that this summer was going to be huge for him to make the strides he needs to make. I'm not at those workouts, so who knows if he's doing that. But being at basketball tournaments, I'm sure because I've worked w/ a lot of h.s. coaches, doesn't exactly endear him to the coaches. And like I said, these are rumors, that other ND boards (not just one) are talking about, how there are whispers that he's just not a worker. Even Michael Floyd calls him (endrearingly) a goofball, just like Floyd (who is a hardworking mo'fo'. This could all be sour grapes by ND fans upset that he didn't include ND in his top 10. I've already read 2 clowns that wrote the proverbial "I didn't want him anyways, I'm higher on James Stone", which is stupid to me. EVERYBODY wanted this kid just 3 months ago. We still want him. I don't think we get him though...

BGIF
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
... EVERYBODY wanted this kid just 3 months ago. We still want him. I don't think we get him though...

Amen!

IrishAddiction
07-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I think we still got a shot with him talking to Floyd as much as he does. That being said, here is the most recent article about him i found, but you can only read it if you have premium espn access. For anyone who does, here it is. Link below.

TheBigSpur.com - Henderson on the record (http://thebigspur.com/news/story.php?article=3209)

ant80
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
His own coaches insinuated that before he didn't put it work in the offseason in the past, that they are looking for him to make great strides this offseason in the weight room. They said that this summer was going to be huge for him to make the strides he needs to make. I'm not at those workouts, so who knows if he's doing that. But being at basketball tournaments, I'm sure because I've worked w/ a lot of h.s. coaches, doesn't exactly endear him to the coaches. And like I said, these are rumors, that other ND boards (not just one) are talking about, how there are whispers that he's just not a worker. Even Michael Floyd calls him (endrearingly) a goofball, just like Floyd (who is a hardworking mo'fo'. This could all be sour grapes by ND fans upset that he didn't include ND in his top 10. I've already read 2 clowns that wrote the proverbial "I didn't want him anyways, I'm higher on James Stone", which is stupid to me. EVERYBODY wanted this kid just 3 months ago. We still want him. I don't think we get him though...

My sources say something completely different. I don't believe this at all. If his coaches actually said something like that, I'd have heard about that earlier. In fact, I have very good reason to disbelieve this. I think this is just the case of sour grapes on your part.

In any case, we would LOVE to land this kid, make no mistake. He's probably going to Michigan from the looks of things.

IrishInFl
07-19-2009, 11:55 AM
FAKE! Dude, if you have sources, just say who they are, or you sound like a liar.

NDinL.A.
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
FAKE! Dude, if you have sources, just say who they are, or you sound like a liar.

Don't worry FL, this is the same guy that argued with me, vehemently, that Tai'lor Jones was as solid of a commit to Stanford as you are ever going to come across. And this was AFTER Jones said he was going to check out other schools and go on an OV visit to ND. His rationale is that he was a high character kid, so that made his commitment "AS SOLID AS THEY COME". This guy simply could not see my point, that if you are taking official visits to other schools, and if you are still talking to other schools, then you are not a solid commit. Period. Jones might still end up at Stanford, but don't tell me he's solid, because even he admits that he's not solid by announcing he's coming to ND for the ND-USC game.

As for Seantrel, unless you're a reporter I don't want to hear about your sources ant80. You don't have 'sources'. You might know some people, but they are not a 'source', because you are not a reporter. You're a dude on the Internet, just like me. Like FL said, just say who told you these things. When I hear about high school recruits in my area, I'll come out and say that a coach from X h.s. told me blah blah blah, or that a rival coach told me (in case discretion is called for).

As for 'sour grapes', nice try. Read every other comment I've said in this thread about him. I would love to have him, but I don't think that he's coming at all. That's his choice, and I'm OK with it. Not everybody loves the same school I love. I get that. On my post, I was saying what I've read SEVERAL OTHER PLACES about him. It's not just me making it up, the way you seemingly did with your 'sources'...

NDinL.A.
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Per ESPN, he named a top 3 of USC, Florida, and Ohio State. Wants to play for NCs and wants to play in the NFL, and those schools deliver that in his eyes. Didn't eliminate other schools per se, but those are his top 3. At least he didn't lie like some other recruits and say academics are important to him...

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail)

big daddy
07-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a crazy feeling this young man is going to be attending the University of South Central.

dshans
08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Here are portions of an article in the Minneapolis StarTribune written by John Millea. I hope I don't get dinged by the copyright police. It's only available in the print edition so there's no link to post.

Seantrel Henderson is a great big guy who is known for accomplishing great things, big things, sooner than most other football players. He received his first full-ride scholarship offers from Minnesota and Notre Dame – before he had worn a varsity uniform at Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St.Paul. They arrived when he was a ninth-grader. He was named the nation's No. 1 recruit in the class of 2010 way back in 2008, before his junior season. Heck, he was even born a month early.

The senior offensive tackle – who has been in the starting lineup at one of Minnesota's football powerhouses since the beginning of his sophomore year – stands on the precipice of even bigger, greater things: a college career at the university of his choice and an expected NFL future.

"I never thought I would be named the No. 1 player in the country," he said. "I've seen a whole bunch of guys and thought, 'Oh, man, I'm pretty sure he's a better athlete than me.' It's an honor."

Those types of large-scale accolades befit Henderson's Bunyanesque stature. He stands 6-8 and weighs 337 pounds, equal to the Vikings' starting offensive tackles. And Henderson is barely 17-1/2 years old.

He wears size 16 shoes. ... One of his teammates describes his hands as "bear claws." (His) offensive line coach Ray Hitchcock, who played on the Washington Redskins' 1987 Super Bowl team and has mentored a steady stream of Division 1 and NFL linemen, says Henderson "can dance on a lightbulb."

There's more. I'll transcribe and post additional snippets if there's interest, but right now my bifocal-ed eyes and four typing fingers need a rest.

WabashFalcon
08-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Was part of this thread wiped out by the server dump?

dshans
08-23-2009, 04:44 PM

It looks that way. Probably each and every other thread as well. It appears that everything between today and the third week of July has gone "poof." One can only hope that there's some sort of Recover and Restore thing-a-ma-jig that can be brought in from the bench. Or from an intramural Tech Support team.

dyrtdogg
08-23-2009, 06:24 PM

I thought maybe QueensNY had come back for a visit.

WabashFalcon
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Well... we're back in his top 5, with an OV, and with an in thanks to Michael Floyd.

irishandy
08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Rob Ianello is keeping in contact w/ him as well per SB Tribune.

OCIrish
08-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Rob Ianello is keeping in contact w/ him as well per SB Tribune.

I'm glad someone is.

BGIF
09-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Per Bill Kurelic ESPN 9/14

Midwest recruiting Blog - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Midwest_Recruiting)

The country's No. 1 offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham) also said he "loved it" at Ohio State. "I could definitely see myself out there," Henderson said.

NDinMemphis
09-18-2009, 02:22 PM
On ND's Rival's site, there is a video posted with an interview from Seantrel. Can anyone give a summary of what all he said regarding his upcoming visit to ND?

ant80
09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Duane Long reports (http://www.duanelongreport.com/2009-articles/september/recruiting-2010-top-10.html) that ND trails USC and OSU. Most likely USC. 1 - Seantrell Henderson
I am getting great news about Henderson from multiple sources. We are in good shape here. If we can get him out of LA without him verballing, I think we stand a great chance of getting the next Orlando Pace in a Buckeye uniform. Yes, it went that well. I think Notre Dame has some ground to make up on the Buckeyes and Trojans. I feel confident at this point that this is an Ohio State-USC battle. Henderson and Norwell is tackle Nirvana. Not as many bodies as I want but it makes it easier to swallow when they are this level of talent.

ACamp1900
09-18-2009, 07:00 PM
He wears size 16 shoes. ... One of his teammates describes his hands as "bear claws." (His) offensive line coach Ray Hitchcock, who played on the Washington Redskins' 1987 Super Bowl team and has mentored a steady stream of Division 1 and NFL linemen, says Henderson "can dance on a lightbulb."

Isn't that the same team Mark May played on???.... it might not be bad... but that CAN'T be good

IHateMarkMay
09-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Just because they were on the same team doesn't mean they were bffs. They could have hated each other for all we know.

IrishAddiction
10-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Dont know how new this news is, but Seantrel is playing in the Army AA game per rivals ND front page. Link below......

Glad to see him playing in that one instead of the espn version.

Seantrel Henderson Army All-American (http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=995867&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=)

IrishAddiction
10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
ANyone happen to hear how this kids visit went. Definately still our top target on the offensive line, and we are in the race from everything that i have heard...

The Polish Irishman
10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Nothing really to report besides the usual:

It went well. Impressed by academics.

CuerVo0220
10-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Landing a kid like this would amazing. Finally start building a line that can give our quarterbacks some time especially against teams like Southern Cal.

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 02:42 AM
I think Verducci will take care of that. Look at what he has done with Paul Duncan in one year. Imagine what Lane Clelland, Chris Watt, Matt Romine, T Rob, Cave and Nuss will look like

IrishAddiction
10-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Paul duncan, in one year, has looked like he got raped by the USC defensive ends. before the last game he was solid, no doubt..... but they kind of tour him up on the edge until the last quarter.

DirtySecret
10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I think Verducci will take care of that. Look at what he has done with Paul Duncan in one year. Imagine what Lane Clelland, Chris Watt, Matt Romine, T Rob, Cave and Nuss will look like

LMAO.. I love that signature!

jason_h537
10-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Word is the visit went great and his parents came away really impressed. Also he and C-Mart hit it off.

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Word is the visit went great and his parents came away really impressed. Also he and C-Mart hit it off.

Good news on Henderson.

Tried to rep you for your sig but won't let me.

WabashFalcon
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Win the parents, win the kid.

BGIF
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

Seantrel Henderson – Because Minnesota is absolutely terrible (just shocking considering they hired a recruiter to be the head coach), and Southern California is so far from Minnesota, Notre Dame appears to be in the thick of the race for Henderson. This just in, Notre Dame certainly offers Henderson the opportunity to start as a freshman because the Irish desperately need left tackle help.

JefMaj
10-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Seantrel Henderson has good visit to Notre Dame - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4579820)

BillyIrish
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Seantrel Henderson has good visit to Notre Dame - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4579820)

good find. seems the parents are high on everything ND. I dont like that dad named 2 former Ohio State lineman as guys that had to earn their spot. maybe reading into it too much, but that comment stuck out.

IrishAddiction
10-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Recruiting Thoughts Written by Brian Smith 20 October 2009
Recruiting Thoughts (http://irishsportsdaily.com/blogs/smittys-blog/1098-recruiting-thoughts)

haha im a moron. when i initially looked at this post i thought "why would one of our football players write about henderson, they arent even allowed to talk about recruiting i thought."

and then i clicked on the link and realized just how stupid i really am.

WhoDeyIrish
10-22-2009, 01:06 AM
I kinda like our chances to land Henderson. I've thought about this and having Floyd in South Bend is a huge help. I honestly think he wants to stay closer to home, so I think its between us and Ohio State personally. I think Florida, Oklahoma, and USC will all be in the mix, but I think he would rather be closer to home, and I heard rave reviews about his visit. This would be a terrific landing for us.

jason_h537
10-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Actually been reading the same thing WhoDey. Some think he might want to stay closer to home, but do not count out OSU on this one

WhoDeyIrish
10-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Actually been reading the same thing WhoDey. Some think he might want to stay closer to home, but do not count out OSU on this one

Yeah I agree I think Ohio State is definitely going to be a player in the end. You think he waits to commit until January? How many schools do you think he will dwindle down to in the end, I'm thinking he will probably have 3 or 4.

CuerVo0220
10-22-2009, 01:32 AM
I don't blame the kids that wait 'til January to pick. If I was a recruit, I would take all my official visits. I would try and see and many big games as I could. Of course I would in the end commit to ND, but the experience would be fun.

GO IRISH!!!

irish4ever
10-22-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't blame the kids that wait 'til January to pick. If I was a recruit, I would take all my official visits. I would try and see and many big games as I could. Of course I would in the end commit to ND, but the experience would be fun.

I do like your thought process!

GOLDENISTHYTATE
10-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Landing Henderson would be a dream come true, but I appreciate how the coaching staff knows that it really is a toss-up and have continued to heavily pursue Matt James, James Stone, and Arie Kouandijo. I really wish they would try to pry away James Hurst as well.

Riddickulous
10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
NEW ARTICLE ON RIVALS.COM:

Whispers: Big news for Notre Dame? (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=880&script=content.asp&cid=1005544&fid=&tid=&mid=)

BornNDfan81
10-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Can you please summarize the article since you must be a member to read it?

Riddickulous
10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Can you please summarize the article since you must be a member to read it?

I can't read it, either.

dshans
10-22-2009, 04:51 PM
It turns out that he lives about two miles from me. Should I gather up about 20 kids, dress them all as Irish football players and descend on his house on Halloween? I could dye my beard red and go as the Leprechaun.

WabashFalcon
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
SOMEONE SUMMARIZE THE ARTICLE NAOW PLEASE!?!??!

BGIF
10-22-2009, 05:06 PM
SOMEONE SUMMARIZE THE ARTICLE NAOW PLEASE!?!??!

Psst, Psst, Psst is all I'm cleared for.

I suspect we'll have to wait for our young Cali recruitnik who has a key.

BGIF
10-22-2009, 05:08 PM
It turns out that he lives about two miles from me. Should I gather up about 20 kids, dress them all as Irish football players and descend on his house on Halloween? I could dye my beard red and go as the Leprechaun.

And there in a nutshell is the difference with ND recruiting. Pete Carroll would send 20 Song Girls with Trojans.

DoverShores
10-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Landing Henderson would be a dream come true, but I appreciate how the coaching staff knows that it really is a toss-up and have continued to heavily pursue Matt James, James Stone, and Arie Kouandijo. I really wish they would try to pry away James Hurst as well.

I with you on going hard after Hurst as well.

CuerVo0220
10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I do like your thought process!

I was saying me personally. I grew in Mishawaka, IN. The city right next to South Bend. I see the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus when I drive around to certain parts of town. I grew up in NDNATION. Gold and Blue runs through my veins. The thing is I also grew up in a family that didn't have much money. So traveling and seeing games is a luxury I didn't have. So if it was ME being recruited, yea, I would take my visits just to see the country, but in my heart I would already know, I'M ALL IRISH!!!

GO IRISH!!!

IrishAddiction
10-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow.....now im really freaking out about that rivals article..... really want it summarized....... where is SoCal when you need him?!?

dshans
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
And there in a nutshell is the difference with ND recruiting. Pete Carroll would send 20 Song Girls with Trojans.

I'd (try to) keep the Song Girls for myself. "Girls, make yourselves comfortable. Would you hand out some Candy Corn to the kiddies for a while? I'll be back for a little Trickin' and Treatin' in three shakes of a reindeer's tail."

SoCalDomer
10-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Wow.....now im really freaking out about that rivals article..... really want it summarized....... where is SoCal when you need him?!?

I'm always at the windows watching. btw, IA, pink boxers? time to close the curtains.

my internet connection has been bad lately. sometimes it cuts out in the middle of typing. the article said

IrishAddiction
10-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm always at the windows watching. btw, IA, pink boxers? time to close the curtains.

my internet connection has been bad lately. sometimes it cuts out in the middle of typing. the article said

AHHHHH COME ON!!!! but on a serious note...... they are silky and unbelievably comfortable, and they are actually salmon not pink.

CuerVo0220
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM

That was great! lol!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!

irishandy
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
If Henderson commits to ND I think he starts right away. As the team was walking to the stadium on Saturday the recruits followed them in. Let me tell you Henderson is huge, I saw a big guy walking, I yelled "Seantrel", and he looked back. The only difference I see, yeah Sam Young also started as a freshman, but I think Henderson can be better then Young.

jason_h537
10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
All the article says is that we really impressed all the visitors and have got back in the game with guys like Henderson. If anyone commited, it would be all over the boards.

WhoDeyIrish
10-23-2009, 12:34 AM
I think we have to finish 6-0, and get to a BCS game for this kid to be ours.

irishfan
10-23-2009, 02:45 AM
DD says Henderson is rumored to have ND in his Top 3 with OSU and Florida. DD is either money with their info or way off lol so we'll see.

jason_h537
10-23-2009, 02:48 AM
I think they got that from Ferrels Whispers column today. We will see

Domer4ever
10-24-2009, 10:18 AM
How good is this offense next year if everbody returns and we can land Henderson to keep Jimmy off his back? I think Notre Dame really offers Henderson the ideal situation as far as location, immediate playing time in a pro style offense, and an almost immediate shot to compete for the National Championship. My guess is it will come to down to us and Ohio State with the team having the best season winning out. I hope Michale Floyd is in this guy's ear on a regular basis.

phork
10-24-2009, 12:06 PM
The offense isn't the problem.

JefMaj
10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
It's gonna be Forcier.

WabashFalcon
10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Really? Another Forcier comment? Shut yo' mouth.

Domer4ever
10-26-2009, 07:38 AM
The offense isn't the problem.

True, but protecting Clausen has been "a" problem none the less and will obviously be the biggest question mark for this team offensively next year. Landing a talent like Henderson to solidify one of the tackle spots makes everyone on an already good offense that much better.

I still thinks it comes down to Ohio State and Notre Dame for Henderson when all is said and done.

JefMaj
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
NBC Sports - College Football - Inside the Irish (http://irish.nbcsports.com/2009/10/irish-might-have-added-another-blue-chip-this-weekend.html.php)

IrishAddiction
10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Excellent read jefmaj, thanks for the update. Two way race with OSU..... i can deal with that.

Riddickulous
10-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Excellent read jefmaj, thanks for the update. Two way race with OSU..... i can deal with that.

Seeing as how we look better than Ohio State almost every week.

Domer4ever
10-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Seeing as how we look better than Ohio State almost every week.

So far. Need to keep it up and play well the rest of the season. It's going to be big to show these high profile recruits like Henderson that Notre Dame once again has the ability to be good for the long haul and compete for National Championships.

IrishGolden09
10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
He's a tough read, one interesting thing I noticed (through the Truth and Rumors section on CNNSI.com so take it for what it's worth) is in every visit he's taken so far the other team has always been USC and he still hasn't taken his official there yet, so he'll be seeing them at least 3 times this year. My hope is that he just wants to see the biggest games possible on his visits. I know we stacked the deck for recruits in that SC game, I wonder if OSU did the same.

JefMaj
10-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I was hoping he's not doing the national USC tour. USC has had the MO - ND will get the reign... with the class and lore that is a birth right.

IrishGolden09
10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
JefMaj I hope you're right, he'd be an awesome grab. Plus beating the Trojans for a guy is always awesome.

irishandy
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I think right now he is the most important recruit out there for ND.

Brown
10-29-2009, 09:47 PM
This seems to be what everybody thinks, but I don't agree. Interior D-linemen is the most pressing need, namely Defensive Tackles and Nose Tackles.

We have talented offensive linemen 2 deep already, even if we dont get a single additional commit this class on the offensive line.

It's very thin at DT, though.

Irish.Ca
10-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Wish he could qualify and commit yesterday. Henderson or Prater committing would serve notice to all of the others recruits considering us that Notre Dame means business. Irish nation wants to win, come and join us if you want to win too.

DirtySecret
11-01-2009, 03:09 PM
deleted.

The coaching staff I really hate to go against in coming years and it pains me to say this, but Tenn. Vols.. Lame Kiffen has one hell of a supporting staff(one of the most high paid one in NCAA), but his mouth is what gets him in trouble, on top of his lame recruiting tatics.

I really wouldn't call ND up incoming, remaining stable while building depth maybe.

mbeckha
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
deleted.

who cares about USC? Why would you waste your time posting this shit.

IrishAddiction
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
did he post that thing in every friggin thread?!!? somebody delete those damn things.

anyways, back to seantrel, the person this thread is supposed to be about. I would say its definately down to us, OSU (the team w/ a WR as a QB), and Minnesota. He is by far our greatest need on the oline. Matt James wouldnt hurt if we cant pull Henderson in, but right now, i like our chances at landing him.

WabashFalcon
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I see you have also seen the flood of posts mbeckha.

ryno 24
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I think if we win out we have him he knows he will start if as a freshman if he come here

WabashFalcon
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I think if we win out we have him he knows he will start if as a freshman if he come here

He has a CHANCE to start... will he be given the red carpet. Yes. But he still has to earn his stop.

irishandy
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I think he starts right away. We are loosing nearly every offensive linemen after this year.

NDinL.A.
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I think he starts right away. We are loosing nearly every offensive linemen after this year.

Offensive line is THE toughest position to start right away in college. You need to get physically stronger to face the grown men on the other side of the ball, and then you need to get mentally stronger to know the intracacies (sp) of the position. It's ridiculously tough to understand where to go on every play, who to block, HOW to block them, and then do it full speed where you are not thinking about what you have to do, you are just playing. That's why so many offensive linemen redshirt their first year in college (and redshirting says nothing about their talent).

I'm not saying he couldn't do it, I'm just saying that odds are against him. ND does lose 3 linemen, but there are also several talented linemen already on the team getting game reps this year. You have studs like Bullard and Watt who are redshirting this year and will be pusing for the same spots. TRob and Young started aa freshmen, but that was more a testimony to how thin and bad ND's O-Lines were than their talent. I'd love for Henderson (should he choose the Irish) to be good enough to start right away, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least that he didn't...

Domer4ever
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM

Robinson will be here, Stewart will be granted a 5th year of eligibility and will return, Wenger will be the center, and Romine is the likely starter next year at one tackle spot. Getting a starting calibur player at the other tackle spot will be critical and Seantrel Henderson would definately fill the bill. My guess:

LT: Romine
LG: Stewart
C: Wenger
RG: Robinson
RT: Henderson

NDisme
11-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I have seen Watt play in person and have also attended to parties in high school (yea im young, a year older than watt) that he has been and he is a really big kid in person, super athletic, he played basketball also, and he is nasty lineman a great run blocker and really does a great job getting to that second level, so im sold on his talent

Brown
11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Robinson will be here, Stewart will be granted a 5th year of eligibility and will return, Wenger will be the center, and Romine is the likely starter next year at one tackle spot. Getting a starting calibur player at the other tackle spot will be critical and Seantrel Henderson would definately fill the bill. My guess:

LT: Romine
LG: Stewart
C: Wenger
RG: Robinson
RT: Henderson

The more likely scenario (whether we get Henderson or not), is T-Rob moving to LT, Romine over to RT, with Nuss starting at RG with Braxton Cave right behind him in the 2 deep.

TRob is our best/most athletic offensive linemen -- i'd be shocked if he isn't at LT next year.

Something like this:

LT: Trevor Robinson/Matt Romine
LG: Chris Stewart/Chris Watt or Braxton Cave
C: Dan Wenger/Braxton Cave
RG: Andrew Nuss/Chris Watt or Braxton Cave
RT: Matt Romine/Zach Martin or Taylor Dever or Lane Clelland

Junkhead
11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I think we have a shot at Henderson, but I don't think he will start from day 1. I wouldn't count out Cleland or Dever.

WhoDeyIrish
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
If we land Henderson I think as long as he can pick up the blocking schemes and know the playbook. Know all his assignments he will start at RT from Day 1.