PDA

View Full Version : Best team in the NFC

CLEARWALL
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Da Bears?? Please, they're offense is just as much a joke as ND's. Sexy Rexy is inconsitent as hell and is going to cost them a number of games this year. Iggles? Give me a break, you cant beat the PACKERS and you cant hold onto a punt. Nawlins? Ok, most teams get knocked around by the Colts, but not THAT bad. Defense is abysmal for America's darling team. Seahawks...ok, looked pretty solid this week, but it was Tampa, of all teams.

Brings us to...America's (true) Team, the Dallas Cowboys. How bout that spanking put on the G(string)-men? Even missing the top 2 defensive players and the #1 WR on the team, the Boys still handled the Giants with ease. They ARE the best in the NFC.

Sureal
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Da Bears?? Please, they're offense is just as much a joke as ND's. Sexy Rexy is inconsitent as hell and is going to cost them a number of games this year. Iggles? Give me a break, you cant beat the PACKERS and you cant hold onto a punt. Nawlins? Ok, most teams get knocked around by the Colts, but not THAT bad. Defense is abysmal for America's darling team. Seahawks...ok, looked pretty solid this week, but it was Tampa, of all teams.

Brings us to...America's (true) Team, the Dallas Cowboys. How bout that spanking put on the G(string)-men? Even missing the top 2 defensive players and the #1 WR on the team, the Boys still handled the Giants with ease. They ARE the best in the NFC.

Yeah baby!!!

Pete
09-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Ah, have you guys ever heard of a team called the Lions? Yeah, that's right the Lions, going to the Super Bowl. Did you see how the handled the mighty Raiders. Forget about it.

Sureal
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Pete,

I'm starting Kitna in two of my fantasy league squads, he better not choke. In 2 out of 3 of my leagues I gotten it handed to me save for the IE one.

irishunclebill
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
E A G L E S - Eagles!!

Fuggeda about the Green Bay game, it was a giveaway that the Eagles do at least once a year. The Eagles "D" completely stuffed Favre and looked as good as they have in the last 4 years, young, strong, fast, and very talented. As soon as McNabb gets completely in rhythm, the Eagles will start rolling. Provided McNabb does not get injured again, look for them to make it to the NFC Championship game at the very least, if not all the way to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately no NFC team has a chance of winning the Super Bowl against the likes of the Pats, Colts, and Chargers.

Sureal
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Hate to admit it but you can never count IUB's Team out. Unfortunately we will be subjected to that horrific team song they have. (I will not mention rivals by name)

SillyIrish
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Since Romo is my starting QB for fantasy and accumalated
a mere 42 points for me this week, I'll say Cowboys.

irishunclebill
09-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Hate to admit it but you can never count IUB's Team out. Unfortunately we will be subjected to that horrific team song they have. (I will not mention rivals by name)

Sureal, on a completely different subject, Golic Jr. & NWC open their season this Friday night at 7 P.M. against New London. I heard that Conard alums are allowed into NWC games free so you should probably go check it out.:rock:

and since you asked for it, I proudly present in Dark Green.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

Sureal
09-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Won't be able to get there. I've been summoned Friday to a Back to School Jam with my youth group. I will catch a game eventually this year. They play a lot on Saturdays so I will see what I can find...

ACamp1900
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Go Browns

stonebreakerwasgod
09-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Go Browns

LOL Sorry buddy, but I feel your pain.

BTW-the best team in the NFC is........who cares, they ain't gonna win nothing anyway. That's like being a decent looking chick around Alba, Beal, and Alison Angel. Ya ain't half bad, but they only keep u around to throw at ugly guys who bother them.

CLEARWALL
09-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Followup, the Cowboys are 2-0 after another destruction on O of the Miami Dolphins. No scrub D here, even though their team isnt that good. Anyone with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas is going to be solid, and Miami is just that. But another big win by the best team in the NFC.
How the other "favorites" stand:
Saints 0-2. Media darlings really look bad. No Katrina momentum anymore, theyre just not a good team.
Panthers 1-1. But they sure looked BAAAAAD losing to the Texans today.
Bears 1-1. They won today, but Rex was awful again, and the team comitted 3 turnovers. when the Cowboys come in next week, we'll see who the TRUE dominant team of the NFC is.

Sureal
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm with you Clearwall but I am disappointed with our secondary... Roy Williams and our corners need to get it together...

TangoUniform
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm with you Clearwall but I am disappointed with our secondary... Roy Williams and our corners need to get it together...

4 INTs not good enough for ya? Expect even better numbers against Grossman, especially if TNew is back in the lineup.

piyachi
09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
LOL Sorry buddy, but I feel your pain.

BTW-the best team in the NFC is........who cares, they ain't gonna win nothing anyway. That's like being a decent looking chick around Alba, Beal, and Alison Angel. Ya ain't half bad, but they only keep u around to throw at ugly guys who bother them.

Exactly right. Between the Colts, Pats, Ravens, Chargers, and maybe even the Steelers or Bengals there isn't an NFC team that could win.

So far who has been the best? I guess the Cowboys with the Romolator destroying defenses and fantasy competition. But even they have a suspect D and would get lit up by someone who is balanced like the Pats.

CLEARWALL
09-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Yeah, but we've been playing with our 2, 3, and 4 corners and our #2 rookie DE. What do you expect. They actually looked a lot better this week even though they gave up the yards. Its all about points, and so far, the D has been good enough to get the Ws. Thats all I need. The Colts won last year with the worst run D in the NFL, so Im positive we can with C+ secondary. Most teams only pass 45% of the time anyway, so if you can stop the run(which we can), youll win the majority of your games.

Sureal
09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Cowboys 14-0 over the Bears...

Sureal
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Dallas 34-10

Any questions as to who is the best team in the NFC is?

CLEARWALL
09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Not to me. Pretty much vindicated this week. I was really surprised to see how awful the Bears secondary was. I mean, TO and Witten were open over the middle ALLLLLL NIGHT! Everyone but the Boy's and Packers have a loss, so at least statistically, these two have to be considered the best. Packers have really beaten some pretty stout teams too. It'll be really interesting in the head-to-head later in the year. Cowboys might drop one before then(have to play the Pats, 3 straight divisional games), but it will probably be a #1 vs #1 matchup,